PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams- 350lbs!



finfan54
05-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Read in the Rochester D and C that Adams is 350 lbs. and says that he wants to be the best DT in the league!

Well , let me tell ya somehting, at 350 lbs, your not going to be in on third down. At 350 lbs, your not going to be in all sets of downs. at 350lbs, your going to wear down come fourth quarter very easily especially with ricky getting stronger as the game goes on.
Even if he gets down 330, he is still going to be considered out n third downs, i dont care what anyone says. Any strength coach would tell ya, he is getting older and putting on weight is not the thing to do (ex: jamie Nails).
Another thing: in buffalo, and i know this from personal experience, the weather at the holidays makes you eat more than if you were in south florida trying to look good for the chickies.

I dont see Sam Adams as any force to be reckoned with except that he will make the occasional big play and plug the middle so the LB's can move around. I think sam Adams saying he wants to be the best is just big talk that comes from alot of guys this time of year so they get attention and they have name recognition. But i think this guy is overrated. Im glad we dont have him becuase he costs too much and he did nothing for the Ravens and raiders that impressed me as far as being the best. Sam Adams will be coming out on third downs, and resting on the sidelines from time to time. Bank it. 350 Lbs is way too much! can u say refrigerator Perry? you wont last in this divsion at that weight.

FinsGoToGuy
05-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Sam Adams is a very good DT against the run. The main reason why they sign him is because Ricky Williams and a few others backs have run over the Bills last year.

He will do his job this year like every year. As far as saying he wants to be the best, everyone says that (remember RW last year).

Muck
05-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Adams has always been about 350 lbs. Probably more. He's stout against the run and, teamed up with Pat Williams, should give us problems.

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Hopefully he will do better than in the past. He signed an incentive laden contract. It should be an interesting year for RW. I don't think he'll be the leading rusher in the NFL next year because of the AFCE preparing for him. Other divisions don't have that kind of competition.

finfan54
05-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Adams has always been about 350 lbs. Probably more. He's stout against the run and, teamed up with Pat Williams, should give us problems.

Not on third down he wont. believe me, as he gets older, it will catch up to him. like i said, living in buffalo makes you eat more turkey. If your saying sam adams will be in all the time and a force to be reckoned with, i say, he will be pooped come fourth quarter. Just keep a close eye on him come sept. 21 on ESPN, he will be dogged come 4th quarter. if sam adams has always been 350, then he has always been out of playing weight.
i dont believe the man was playing at 350 lbs then. no way no how, fat cats never last in this league as you get older. it is fact.

Ill take timbo and chester. they are playing right at the right weight and chester is just a workout demon. i gaurrantee you one thing about sam adams. he will not make a serious effort to get that weight down. like i said, he will not be good as he gets 2 or 3 years more into his carreer. there is no way a guy who weighs 350 lbs will be plying 100% of the time. and i surely dont think he will be playing 3rd downs if they know whats good for them. and i dont think gregg williams is that stupid.

Penthos
05-07-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by justafan
Hopefully he will do better than in the past. He signed an incentive laden contract. It should be an interesting year for RW. I don't think he'll be the leading rusher in the NFL next year because of the AFCE preparing for him. Other divisions don't have that kind of competition.

Yea and they didn't prepare for him last year...:rolleyes: You can prepare for a hurricane all you want to, but can you really stop it...?

And hey, if teams want to over-prepare for the Ricky Monster then they can have it... Because Fiedler is an excellent play action QB, and selling out to the run and over-persuing the run will only play right into Norvs hands...

Tatonka
05-07-2003, 09:43 AM
sams weight has always been the same... he will be the biggest additon to our defense.. bigger than spikes imho.

PhinPhan1227
05-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by finfan54


Not on third down he wont. believe me, as he gets older, it will catch up to him. like i said, living in buffalo makes you eat more turkey. If your saying sam adams will be in all the time and a force to be reckoned with, i say, he will be pooped come fourth quarter. Just keep a close eye on him come sept. 21 on ESPN, he will be dogged come 4th quarter. if sam adams has always been 350, then he has always been out of playing weight.
i dont believe the man was playing at 350 lbs then. no way no how, fat cats never last in this league as you get older. it is fact.

Ill take timbo and chester. they are playing right at the right weight and chester is just a workout demon. i gaurrantee you one thing about sam adams. he will not make a serious effort to get that weight down. like i said, he will not be good as he gets 2 or 3 years more into his carreer. there is no way a guy who weighs 350 lbs will be plying 100% of the time. and i surely dont think he will be playing 3rd downs if they know whats good for them. and i dont think gregg williams is that stupid.


Larry Chesters listed weight is 325...Honestly, with guys THAT big, they lose 15-20lbs just in water weight during a workout.

PHINFAN4LIFE
05-07-2003, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 13isgr81
[B]

Yea and they didn't prepare for him last year...:rolleyes: You can prepare for a hurricane all you want to, but can you really stop it...?

WHOA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 11:17 AM
I'm talking about teams in the AFCE. Sure teams planned around RW but didn't have the players to do so. Bills, Pats, Jet's (although their draft pick could be a bust) have hired players to try and stop RW.

It's obvious that teams are not scared of Fiedlers arm. They'd rather let him throw than RW run all over the place. It's my opinion, but I could be wrong when I said he won't be the leagues leading rusher.

XoPhinsoX
05-07-2003, 11:30 AM
It's good teams aren't afraid of Fiedler imo.

Hopefully he comes out this year slingin' it like he did last year (before he was injured).

He had a very good QB rating and I think his TD/INT percentage was pretty on target.

Heh, never underestimate a player..ever..

Penthos
05-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by justafan
\It's my opinion, but I could be wrong when I said he won't be the leagues leading rusher.

I'll take your biased Ricky Willams opinions (err hopes) with a grain of salt... last year you said Ricky Williams was as fragile as Rob Johnson....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea the AFC East is "preparing" for him... But last year EVERYONE KNEW Ricky was going to run the ball and he still got 1800 yds... Ok some tougher players come into our division to stop him. We'll see... Again, teams can prepare for Ricky but in doing so they also better prepare to get burned... Because as HISTORY has shown, you can't keep Norv Turners passing game down for long...

Last year was the "rookie" year for the Dolphins offense under Turner and our passing game was devasted by injuries... Barring catastophic injuries to our key offensive players... We are going to stomp a mudhole in the AFC East defenses, period.

stan marino
05-07-2003, 12:05 PM
"I dont see Sam Adams as any force to be reckoned with except that he will make the occasional big play and plug the middle so the LB's can move around. "finfAn54.....Uhmm isnt that exactly what u want a Dt to do???

MDFINFAN
05-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Let's see, Ricky against the Raiders last year with Sam Adams:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 27 101 3.7 16 0

They kept his avg down..He still got a 100 yards..no TD's.

okay total for game
Total 33 121 3.7 16 1 Minor ran miami's only TD.

But the passing game..

PASSING ATT CP YDS TK/YD TD LG IN
J.Fiedler 32 21 237 3/24 1 40 0

Total yards: 358

Yea Sam did a lot to stop Miami..

Final Defensive Statistics

Oakland TKL AST COM SAC YDS IN PD FF FR
S.Adams 3 1 4 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 What no sacks, only 3 tkl's 1 assist.

Seems like Miami took him out of the game..

In Buf D..who plays Miami more, he should do better..but then again, against buf type of D..Ricky did the following.

Game 2:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 27 228 8.4 55 2 buf d didn't improve.

Game 1:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 25 97 3.9 14 0 much better buf D...

Ricky only gain 325 on the ground last year against Buf..


Wish we had Jay for these games instead of Ray...Look at the Oakland game..when Jay returned..

Bottom line Sam is only a small factor in stopping Ricky..

wahwee
05-07-2003, 01:19 PM
I'd be careful about saying that Adams isn't going to make a big difference guys. He's one of the top 5 or so Dt's against the run. He's always played at 350 or so.

That being said, Ricky will still be a dominant runner this year. The key to stopping him is not to pick up big guys to take up blockers. You have to get penetration and hit him in the backfield. I don't think that Buffalo (or any team for that matter) can do that consistently for a whole game without extensive run blitzing (which is where our playaction game will rack up passing yards).

Barring injury, RW WILL lead the league in rushing.

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Let's see, Ricky against the Raiders last year with Sam Adams:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 27 101 3.7 16 0

They kept his avg down..He still got a 100 yards..no TD's.

okay total for game
Total 33 121 3.7 16 1 Minor ran miami's only TD.

But the passing game..

PASSING ATT CP YDS TK/YD TD LG IN
J.Fiedler 32 21 237 3/24 1 40 0

Total yards: 358

Yea Sam did a lot to stop Miami..

Final Defensive Statistics

Oakland TKL AST COM SAC YDS IN PD FF FR
S.Adams 3 1 4 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 0 What no sacks, only 3 tkl's 1 assist.

Seems like Miami took him out of the game..

In Buf D..who plays Miami more, he should do better..but then again, against buf type of D..Ricky did the following.

Game 2:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 27 228 8.4 55 2 buf d didn't improve.

Game 1:
RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
R.Williams 25 97 3.9 14 0 much better buf D...

Ricky only gain 325 on the ground last year against Buf..


Wish we had Jay for these games instead of Ray...Look at the Oakland game..when Jay returned..

Bottom line Sam is only a small factor in stopping Ricky..

Funny, that's when he was with the raiders. Put him beside Pat Williams, having Fletcher , Spikes and Posey should make a diference don't you think?

Since you are soooo confident RW will do the same thing, anyone wanna bet RW won't run for 220 yards/game against the bills in any of the two games? :D

Penthos
05-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by justafan


Funny, that's when he was with the raiders. Put him beside Pat Williams, having Fletcher , Spikes and Posey should make a diference don't you think?

Since you are soooo confident RW will do the same thing, anyone wanna bet RW won't run for 220 yards/game against the bills in any of the two games? :D

The point is that Ricky doesn't have to run for 220 yds to be effective... Just the fact that he is on the field is effective enough...

Anyone want to bet Buffaloathe doesn't beat us twice next year? :chair:

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Know what, you'd have to give me good odds to take that bet. Chances are he won't get 220. BUT some of your billbuddies are saying he won't get 100 in either game this season. Don't you think that is a bit of a stretch? To say Ricky won't get 100 yards is like saying he will get 400 in a game.

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 01:39 PM
I never said he wouldn't get his 100 yards, did I? I'm just challenging 13gr confidence in RW that he will be just as good. Being a bills fan and the fact that RW ran 220 yards aginst us, I'm saying Sam Adams and co. won't let that happen.

MDFINFAN
05-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by justafan


Funny, that's when he was with the raiders. Put him beside Pat Williams, having Fletcher , Spikes and Posey should make a diference don't you think?

Since you are soooo confident RW will do the same thing, anyone wanna bet RW won't run for 220 yards/game against the bills in any of the two games? :D

Don't want to burst your bubble, but Oakland had a much better D than the bills last year..I don't think Ricky should run 200 yards on no NFL team..These are suppose to be the best of the best. But the fact that he did, shows that he's the best of the best. I think he will affect your team mentally and shouldn't have to run 200 yards..but he definetly can setup the play action that can beat you..McMicheals, Chambers, Thompson, Konrad, McKnight, and maybe even Toliver..may be more of a pain to you than Ricky..But this is only if the team is healthy...injuries always plays a big part in the NFL..hopefully both team remain relatively healthy this year.

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 01:42 PM
I didn't say you did. I said some of your buddies. I was asking your opinion. Do you think Ricky can get 100 yards in a game against you next year? Is it possible, in your most honest opinion?

I wish Ricky would get 1000 in 2 games against you, but I know it aint happening. Also, I think you guys made enough moves to solidify your defense enough to not have a guy run rampant for 4 straight quarters. I think you'll do better against the run, but our offense will comensate with the pass. Ricky will get his 100 in each game, I believe.

wahwee
05-07-2003, 01:43 PM
The raiders defense was pretty good:

John Parella-same level as Williams (who I think is a great player, so I don't think I'm being neg. biased)

I can't remember the ends for either team, but neither team have good de's.

Barton and Romanowski-Spikes is better than either, but Posey is worse than both, therefore, I'd consider this position to be equal.

Napoleon Harris-fast, big lb with some real skill, but at this point, due to experience, I'd say Fletcher is a notch above (prob. not though, after this season, as Harris is going to be good).

I won't bother with the secondaries, as they weren't mentioned. Overall though, I don't think that Sam Adams has a better supporting cast at all in Buffalo, and he is a year older. They are about equal, though I consider the Raiders to have one of the top secondaries in the league.

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Now personally, I don't think Ricky will get as many. I see Ricky having a 1500 yard season, but having a bit more trouble within the division. Our division seems to have keyed on upgrading run defense this offseason, to compensate for all our rivals having such nasty rushers. We are truly in the best division in football. If any team in our division was in any other division, it wouldn't be fair. Maybe not for the Jets, but that's a whole other thread.;)

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN


Don't want to burst your bubble, but Oakland had a much better D than the bills last year..I.

Did I say we were better than the raiders last year? Compared to the bills of this year, I doubt the raiders' D last year will be better than what we have now.

Penthos
05-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by justafan
I never said he wouldn't get his 100 yards, did I? I'm just challenging 13gr confidence in RW that he will be just as good. Being a bills fan and the fact that RW ran 220 yards aginst us, I'm saying Sam Adams and co. won't let that happen.


He will be just as good if not better, will that translate to 200+ yards on the field maybe not... His mere presence on our team has forced other teams to change what they do... You compensate for Ricky in the run, then you pay for it in the pass... either way Ricky is effective... I mean even if Sam Adams and Spikes take away a hundred yards from his total... he still runs for 120!


I mean you talk like Adams is Ricky's cryptonite... When in reality its like the difference between being buried 6 feet deep or 3 feet deep, IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE EITHER WAY YOU ARE STILL F#$#ING DEAD!!!

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Okay, now that's a stretch. Your guys haven't stepped on the field while the Raiders went to the SB. You have no idea if all your new acquisitions will jel in time, or succeed in your defensive scheme. Now, you still haven't answred my question.

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 01:50 PM
You forget that Adams plays for the $$. We won't give him any if he doesn't play well. There's been a lot of speculation that his best years are behind him, which is why Donahoe gave him an incentive laden contract.

"There's a lot of hearsay out there," said the 6-foot-4 Adams, who is listed at 285 pounds but weighs about 350. "Line up on Sunday, and we'll see. I expect to be the best in this league, plain and simple. I am here to pitch a fit, give opposing offenses 60 minutes of hell, and that's what I intend to do."

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 13isgr81



!


Jesus Christ dude your talking like Sam Adams is Ricky's cryptonite... When in reality its like the difference between being buried 6 feet deep or 3 feet deep, IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE EITHER WAY YOU ARE STILL F#$#ING DEAD!!!

Easy with the coffee. I didn't say Adams was Ricky's cryptonite did I? :D

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Ask every player in the league, and something similar will spew out their mouth. Bottom line is, it's hard to stay healthy, and keep playing at that weight. Adam's will tire out fairly quickly. Once he faces the first 8-12 play drive, he won't be the same for the rest of the game.

dofnsman4303
05-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Hopefully he will do better than in the past. He signed an incentive laden contract. It should be an interesting year for RW. I don't think he'll be the leading rusher in the NFL next year because of the AFCE preparing for him. Other divisions don't have that kind of competition.

Guys im as big of a dolphins fan as they come, but i dont expect RW to have as many yards as last year. The whole AFC east(including us) spent the offseason trying to improve defense. I think RW will have more touchdowns and more rec. and our offense will be much improved but getting 1800 in this division for any running back is like getting 2000+ in any other division w/ the additions the EAST has made. And to think S. Adams isn't an impact DT is crazy. I dont care if he weighed 400 lbs. i dont like the bills having him one bit, and i agree with the other bills fan in that Adams will do more healthy than Spikes will. And in general i think the whole NFL agrees that DT's are big time impact players, compare the # of DTs drafted in the first with the
# of LBs taken.


I think i just agreed with two different bills fans in one post,:eek: :eek: :eek:

DPlus47
05-07-2003, 01:55 PM
wouldn't it be nice to see buffalo's defense on the field for 60 minutes?

Tatonka
05-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan
I didn't say you did. I said some of your buddies. I was asking your opinion. Do you think Ricky can get 100 yards in a game against you next year? Is it possible, in your most honest opinion?

I wish Ricky would get 1000 in 2 games against you, but I know it aint happening. Also, I think you guys made enough moves to solidify your defense enough to not have a guy run rampant for 4 straight quarters. I think you'll do better against the run, but our offense will comensate with the pass. Ricky will get his 100 in each game, I believe.

ricky should get 100 yes.. unless we get up on you guys and you abandon the run.. or you pull a 4th quarter against the NE patriots, which sealed the deal on your playoff hopes..

but even at 100 yards a game, that is not going to get him back to 1800 yards..

there is no doubt that RW is a great back... but seriously, take a look at the last 20 years at the league leaders in rushing.. it is a tough thing to do it 2 years in a row.. edge did it, then blew a tire.. i think TD did it, then blew out too.. it just doesnt happen.. and if it does, it is normally a sign of over use and that is gonna shorten the guys nfl life.

also.. you have to account into last years 1800 yards rushing, that 6 games against the afc east were against pretty awful run defense.. do you think it is coincedence that henry had 1450 yards? we played the jets and pats too.. althought, he didnt do well against the pats because of the score, but made up for that schooling your number 3 defense for a buck 150 in both games i believe.

there were also some very good backs that missed time last year like priest and faulk that could have (not saying WOULD HAVE) given ricky a run for his money on that league leader title.

point is.. is ricky talented.. very.. is he good enough to lead the league again in rushing? yes.. are the yards gonna be as easy for any rushing attack in the afc east? not a chance. is it likely that ricky repeats at rushing leader?... history says no.

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 01:58 PM
I'd like to see Sam Adam's ass on the field for a 7 minute drive. Let's see what impact he is making then. I am telling you, he'll plug the hole, but also, Nails will be pulling his way. Norv will find a way to nuetralize those guys. Nobody can tea off on this offense when it's at full strength, you just don't know what's gonna hit you. We have the best play-action in the league, thanks to RW.

MDFINFAN
05-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by justafan


Did I say we were better than the raiders last year? Compared to the bills of this year, I doubt the raiders' D last year will be better than what we have now.

Remember this is their first year together..They've got to get to know each other and jell together..so while on paper they look good, much like our D...it's on the field that they've got to prove themselves..I also think you've upgraded, but I don't know how much, simply because I haven't seem them play together..

Miami seems like they've upgraded D wise also..but again..it's on the field that really tells the tale..And I'm not sure if your D is better than the Oakland D..that D help them get to the SB..so until our D's do that, we can't say their better than a D that did.

To say what Ricky will do or not do against your D is unrealistic..This will be his 2nd year in this O..better understanding and all..and the 1st year for a lot of your new D personnel in your D..that combo..doesn't really tell a lot about what may happen for Rickly the O for Miami maybe ahead of your D..just because they understand their system better than your new guys in their first year...But all in all...time will tell when we see them this year.

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan
Okay, now that's a stretch. Your guys haven't stepped on the field while the Raiders went to the SB. You have no idea if all your new acquisitions will jel in time, or succeed in your defensive scheme. Now, you still haven't answred my question.

Oops, sorry there. I've stated that numerous times before, RW will get his 100 yards.

Stretch? Maybe . you are right , our D hasn't played a down but it is my opinion. Could be right or could be wrong. We've upgraded our coaching D from college coaches the past two years to ones that have experience.

Penthos
05-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by justafan


Easy with the coffee. I didn't say Adams was Ricky's cryptonite did I? :D

I never said you said that. I said you were talking "LIKE" it... :goof: and you were...

I mean Its almost like the Phins could destroy Buffalo like 28-0 and you would come in here and go "See Ricky only got 165 yards, I told ya so... Yippee! Bills rule! Phins suck!".

MDFINFAN
05-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DPlus47
wouldn't it be nice to see buffalo's defense on the field for 60 minutes?

No...we need the ball too, to score..So if they'll on the field 55 minutes and the bills hasn't scored and we have, then this would be nice.:lol:

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 02:03 PM
History may say no my friend, and you are right on a lot of counts. BUT, if you look at all the games last year, you'll know Ricky was not overused. In fact, he had his best average later in the season, whereas, you'd think he would do his best being fresh at the beginning. I think Ricky is a new breed. Never seen a back pound the ball 30 times, then break one for 63 yards in the fourth. Just doesn't happen. Will Ricky lead the league, NOBODY knows. Now as far as him getting 100 per game, that gives him 1600. Now give him his usual burst every now and then, which if I am right, he had the most runs for over 20 yards last season, and that should easily put him over the top again. Ricky is as healthy as he's ever been. Hasn't been overused at all, so we'll just have to see.

Personally I don't care if he leads the league again. All we need is his presence. He demands respect, and that gives us the most effective play-action in this league.

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 13isgr81


I never said you said that. I said you were talking "LIKE" it... :goof: and you were...

I mean Its almost like the Phins could destroy Buffalo like 28-0 and you would come in here and go "See Ricky only got 165 yards, I told ya so... Yippee! Bills rule! Phins suck!".

No I wasn't. I was only pushing Adams' name on Ricky because someone stated that RW ran over Adams when he was with the Raiders and implied he would do it just as easily. Adams alone can't stop anyone. He needs help and Pat is the guy to do it.

Wrong. I'd rather Ricky run for 400 yards as long as the fins lose.

Tatonka
05-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by justafan


I'd rather Ricky run for 400 yards as long as the fins lose.

:lol: dejavu.. rofl

Penthos
05-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Overused? For the first 10 games last year he was a 2 down back and STILL got over 1800 yards, if anything he was under-used....

Seems Bills fans are spending a lot of time espousing the weaknesses and problems that they are wishfully preceiving about Williams all in an effort to hide the truth... Which is that Ricky Williams scares the hell out of every single Bills fan alive...

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by justafan


No I wasn't. I was only pushing Adams' name on Ricky because someone stated that RW ran over Adams when he was with the Raiders and implied he would do it just as easily. Adams alone can't stop anyone. He needs help and Pat is the guy to do it.

Wrong. I'd rather Ricky run for 400 yards as long as the fins lose.

Sorry pal, but I need to stop you there. Pat MAY be the guy. You just don't know how it's gonna work out.:tongue:

MarinoFan
05-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka


:lol: dejavu.. rofl

If you find a way to mix Ray Lucas into that equation, it might just happen. Strange things happen when Ray is in the game.

Tatonka
05-07-2003, 02:15 PM
if ricky ran for over 250 yards.. why would you even need to pass enough to give up 3 picks in a game?

WisconsinFan
05-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by stan marino
"I dont see Sam Adams as any force to be reckoned with except that he will make the occasional big play and plug the middle so the LB's can move around. "finfAn54.....Uhmm isnt that exactly what u want a Dt to do???

exactly what you want a DT like that to do... I will remind you Phin fans how Ricky Williams had trouble running the ball Vs the Packers last year (14 carries for 47 yards 3.4 avg).. A big reason for that was because of a BIG beefy Gilbert Brown in the middle.

Justasportsfan
05-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by 13isgr81


Seems Bills fans are spending a lot of time espousing the weaknesses and problems that they are wishfully preceiving about Williams all in an effort to hide the truth... Which is that Ricky Williams scares the hell out of every single Bills fan alive...

There's no doubt that Ricky is a player every team has to plan for. However, he can't win games alone. Ricky IMO is the best pure runner in the league right now.


Sorry pal, but I need to stop you there. Pat MAY be the guy. You just don't know how it's gonna work out.

Like I said, it's only my opinion. I do like that tandem though. They are friends and Adams has been said to be staying in Pats home.

Penthos
05-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by justafan
Ricky IMO is the best pure runner in the league right now.

On this we agree...However, I think Ricky's goal this year is to become the MOST complete back in the NFL... Blocking, Pass Catching, and Rushing...

WharfRat
05-07-2003, 02:37 PM
...and this belongs in General NFL....

dofnsman4303
05-07-2003, 03:32 PM
They are friends and Adams has been said to be staying in Pats home.

Can you imagine that grocery bill!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

lunaticbillsfan
05-07-2003, 03:34 PM
I'd like to see Sam Adam's ass on the field for a 7 minute drive. Let's see what impact he is making then. I am telling you, he'll plug the hole, but also, Nails will be pulling his way

It is very possible that Sam will have rotated through on certain drives. The one thing that the Bills do quite frequently is rotate D-Linemen. We do have a couple of DT's that will make quite adequate back-ups though. Guys like Edwards and Bannan that although were by no means dominating last year, still have some quality time under their belt.

XoPhinsoX
05-07-2003, 10:23 PM
When Ricky ran his 200 some odd yards against the Bills they unfortunately (I guess you could say) were long runs from what I remember, and quite a few of em.

I think we lost to the Packers..cause..well..it was at home against the Packers and that's damn tough, but can't use that as an excuse.

I don't doubt Ricky will be in atleast the top 5 rushers this year when it comes to yardage. We'll have to see how Holmes heals up on that injury. Hopefully all works out well cause even though I could give two ****s about KC I respect Holmes' running.

Faulk is always a threat ;\.