PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Everyone Think We're Going To Take A QB?

SatelliteJack
10-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Please read the TOS. Draft threads belong in the draft forum.

We just signed three new QBs this year... does anyone really think that we're going to take another quarterback with our first rounder the very next season? If so, why a quarterback and not a star at another one of our many positions in need? Personaly, I think it would make more sense to trade down.

"D"olphinBomb
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
We need to build our O line and our secondary.

TheJetsBlow
10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
It's Joe Thomas or Brady Quinn. There is no other acceptable choice. I don't care what anyone says. I've HAD IT with this **** play from the QB position.

IAG
10-22-2006, 08:08 PM
How can you say the QB position lost it today? Harrington may not be the answer, but it is much deeper than simply drafting Brady Quinn. This is a team effort in losing. How many balls can supposed elite receiver drop? Oh yeah, how many game changing plays does the defense make let alone giving up 3rd down conversions?

Dolfan11
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
We are not taking a QB in the first round. Maybe later on in the draft, but not the 1st.

What I don't understand is, why you want to take an Offensive Lineman. I understand our offensive line woes, but please. We could find guys later in the draft or through FA.

You don't get guys like Calvin Johnson in FA. He has to much value and I would be shocked, if we HAVE a chance at getting him, to pass him up for an offensive lineman.

We don't need Brady Quinn. I rather have Troy Smith. Draft a QB in the later rounds.

TimeGap
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Where was Jason and Zack in the second half of the two last games.

Bonedoc7777
10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
the only guy that would warrant the pick would be brady quinn, charlie weiss has already said he will be great in two years and feels he is just like brady

bigchub22
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
we dont need a qb we need secondary and oline help more than anything simple as that

TheJetsBlow
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
the only guy that would warrant the pick would be brady quinn, charlie weiss has already said he will be great in two years and feels he is just like brady

Right. But we can't take a Brady-like QB in the first round, because we have Harrington and the great Culpepper. We might actually win if we take Quinn. :rolleyes:

TheJetsBlow
10-22-2006, 08:25 PM
we dont need a qb we need secondary and oline help more than anything simple as that

Nah. We don't need a QB. Not at all. :rolleyes:

PB Fin Fan
10-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I was at the green Bay game, I thought jh had a chance to be a QB but he was horible, not seeing open receivers, misses hagen on a play when he was Wide Open. I wondered why the fricken packer fans were janting Joey, Joey, it seemed to get him ratled. I have been a fin fan since 66, have never been as disquested as I was today. There are 3 players who deserve to wear the jersey, zach Thomas, taylor,welker and maybe Brown.We are back at square one with the QB spot.

gunn34
10-22-2006, 08:37 PM
I would say Booker deserves to wear a jersey too.

I think if Joey saw any WR open it probably wouldn't matter. They would just drop it.

alen1
10-22-2006, 08:39 PM

i agree i dont think we need a qb cuz i think cpep will b healthy next year and he will do the job ...... grab calvin johnson hes the most likely to succeed in the nfl cuz of his frame n hands also speed ............... brady quinn isnt gonna be that good no matter what charlie weis says....... he just says that stuff cuz its his qb.either CJ or JT

JJW1339
10-22-2006, 08:48 PM
It all starts with the QB. DC and Joey are not the answer, although Joey was not the problem today. There where what 7-10 dropped passes, The secondary was in a position to intercept 3 passes, and didn't get one. If someone like Brady Q is there when we pick, you got to take him.

PB Fin Fan
10-22-2006, 09:02 PM
I would say Booker deserves to wear a jersey too.

I think if Joey saw any WR open it probably wouldn't matter. They would just drop it. Booker did make some nice catches, but he has had the dropsies at times, the whole team was just horrible, it was humiliating to have to listen to stinking pack fans.

Stitches
10-23-2006, 08:15 AM
It all starts with the QB. DC and Joey are not the answer, although Joey was not the problem today. There where what 7-10 dropped passes, The secondary was in a position to intercept 3 passes, and didn't get one. If someone like Brady Q is there when we pick, you got to take him.

How do you know DC isn't the answer for us? He's only played 1/4 of a season. And why would we have to take Quinn? A QB in the 1st round doesn't guarantee success, especially for the team that drafts him. We need the players around the QB which includes WR an OL.

Shula Come Back!
10-23-2006, 06:44 PM
we should if we have the chance....even in one of the later rounds....but we won't!

lynchmobb34
10-24-2006, 07:11 AM
How do you know DC isn't the answer for us? He's only played 1/4 of a season. And why would we have to take Quinn? A QB in the 1st round doesn't guarantee success, especially for the team that drafts him. We need the players around the QB which includes WR an OL.

Your absolutely right,taking a QB in the 1st doesent guarantee success,but neither does taking a WR,or a Lineman.IMO... it comes down to value,If we end up in the position to have our pick of QUINN,CJ,or THOMAS then more than likely we are sitting in the first spot.Now i ask you do you pay out the 1st overall pick dollars to a lineman like Thomas,a wr like CJ,or a qb like Quinn?If its me im going with the QB,not that the other 2 guys are not good players,but i just dont see paying that kind of money out to positions that are easier to fill than QB.Every year there are good Lineman,and WR's in free agency,very few good QB's hit the market.If we decide C-PEP,or Joey is our guy,then we trade down and aquire more picks,then we can go lineman,or wr and get those positions with better value.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Your absolutely right,taking a QB in the 1st doesent guarantee success,but neither does taking a WR,or a Lineman.IMO... it comes down to value,If we end up in the position to have our pick of QUINN,CJ,or THOMAS then more than likely we are sitting in the first spot.Now i ask you do you pay out the 1st overall pick dollars to a lineman like Thomas,a wr like CJ,or a qb like Quinn?If its me im going with the QB,not that the other 2 guys are not good players,but i just dont see paying that kind of money out to positions that are easier to fill than QB.Every year there are good Lineman,and WR's in free agency,very few good QB's hit the market.If we decide C-PEP,or Joey is our guy,then we trade down and aquire more picks,then we can go lineman,or wr and get those positions with better value.

LT like Thomas don't hit FA, and CJ could be as physically dominant a reciever as Moss. Guys like that don't hit FA. We already have a ton invested into the QB position, which is why we aren't going to take one in the 1st round. Especially considering Saban has said that Culpepper is the future of this team. We might be able to trade down, but it isn't as easy as just pressing a few buttons.

lynchmobb34
10-26-2006, 06:19 AM
LT like Thomas don't hit FA, and CJ could be as physically dominant a reciever as Moss. Guys like that don't hit FA. We already have a ton invested into the QB position, which is why we aren't going to take one in the 1st round. Especially considering Saban has said that Culpepper is the future of this team. We might be able to trade down, but it isn't as easy as just pressing a few buttons.

I never said it would be easy,but its easier to trade out of the top spot than anyother spot,and for us to have a choice of the 3 thats where we will be.Im all for having a top tier LT,or bigtime WR,but not for the dollars it would take to sign the 1st overall pick with.As for Culpepper being the future of this team,I HOPE SO,but he is 28,and had a major injury,and may never get back to what he once was.I hope he does,but you never know.

DonShula84
10-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I never said it would be easy,but its easier to trade out of the top spot than anyother spot,and for us to have a choice of the 3 thats where we will be.Im all for having a top tier LT,or bigtime WR,but not for the dollars it would take to sign the 1st overall pick with.As for Culpepper being the future of this team,I HOPE SO,but he is 28,and had a major injury,and may never get back to what he once was.I hope he does,but you never know.

really? How often do you see teams move out of the top 3? Seems like you see trades in the middle of the draft more so than the top 3. Like Denver moving up to get Cutler for example.

lynchmobb34
10-26-2006, 06:28 AM
really? How often do you see teams move out of the top 3? Seems like you see trades in the middle of the draft more so than the top 3. Like Denver moving up to get Cutler for example.

How about Atlanta moving up to get VICK,Giants moving up to get ELI,Chargers moved up to get LEAF,just off the top of my head,but im sure theres a few more.Its all about value.

DonShula84
10-26-2006, 06:31 AM
How about Atlanta moving up to get VICK,Giants moving up to get ELI,Chargers moved up to get LEAF,just off the top of my head,but im sure theres a few more.Its all about value.

Point taken. I think people act like trading down is easier than it really is though.

lynchmobb34
10-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Point taken. I think people act like trading down is easier than it really is though.
True,some people think its easier than it really is.I just hope we can do to someone like the Vikings did to us a few years ago.

Motion
10-26-2006, 07:07 AM
I don't think we're taking a QB.

Stitches
10-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Just for clarification, the Giants never moved up to draft Eli Manning. They drafted Phillip Rivers, and the Chargers drafted Eli Manning. It was not until later in teh round, that there was a player for player trade along with some of the giants draft picks.