PDA

View Full Version : Take it like a man....

Phin-o-rama
10-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Seriously. This is a year we need! We need a good pick, we need talent. Last year we overachieved, giving us false hope and denying us of a better pick (leinhart, mangold, whoever)...

anyways the point to this thread is that franchises all over the nfl have to take their lumps.....we need to suck, we need the picks, saban needs the time.

we are spoiled as phin fans in general due especially to shula being the 'winningest coach in nfl history' .....he was awesome, we had a monster of an o-line under him.

guys we have to suck it up and take the lumps....support your team....expressing your dislikes on this board is fine, but lets keep things in perspective here.....lashing out and firing saban will only set us back even further.....just take it like a man.

and to mike0's article on the front page, i swear him and other so called 'journalists' almost root for us to suck so they can unleash that garbage on us all and sit back with a smile as people buy into that horse****.

PMZQ
10-23-2006, 09:46 AM
We as DolFans thought we'd be "immune" to the downturns ALL teams have. Well after 30 years of not being in that "cycle" we've fallen face flat into it. As stated above we just have to suffer through it.

Through thick and thin (and the tablecloth is pretty bare-thread today) I'll be a DolFan ! Go Fins ! :dolphins:

dw10
10-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Seriously. This is a year we need! We need a good pick, we need talent. Last year we overachieved, giving us false hope and denying us of a better pick (leinhart, mangold, whoever)...

anyways the point to this thread is that franchises all over the nfl have to take their lumps.....we need to suck, we need the picks, saban needs the time.

we are spoiled as phin fans in general due especially to shula being the 'winningest coach in nfl history' .....he was awesome, we had a monster of an o-line under him.

guys we have to suck it up and take the lumps....support your team....expressing your dislikes on this board is fine, but lets keep things in perspective here.....lashing out and firing saban will only set us back even further.....just take it like a man.

and to mike0's article on the front page, i swear him and other so called 'journalists' almost root for us to suck so they can unleash that garbage on us all and sit back with a smile as people buy into that horse****.

I've been a fan longer than you've been alive. I don't need a fan lesson from you, sonny boy. We've taken our lumps the past 5 years. I wanna win and I wanna win NOW! Teams have won it all with less talent than the 'o6 Dolphins. Good try, but Saban and mularkey are the SOLE reason for our dismal season. They should both be fired and arrested for attempting to impersonate an NFL coach.

PMZQ
10-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I've been a fan longer than you've been alive. I don't need a fan lesson from you, sonny boy. We've taken our lumps the past 5 years. I wanna win and I wanna win NOW! Teams have won it all with less talent than the 'o6 Dolphins. Good try, but Saban and mularkey are the SOLE reason for our dismal season. They should both be fired and arrested for attempting to impersonate an NFL coach.

I doubt you've been a DolFan longer than I -- I was a season ticket holder for much of the 1970's and through the 1980's. I've seen the glory "Super Bowl" years and was even there in 1967 for Greise's debut.

Dude don't lecture folks here. Saban has made mistakes for sure, but I am willing to give him time to turn it around and build a foundation. The question is, will Wayne Huizenga be willing to be patient ?

Phin-o-rama
10-23-2006, 10:05 AM

your 9 years older than me bro.....I've watched every season since 1988...don't label me a punk kid that has been a fan since 2002 or some ****....

Shamboubou
10-23-2006, 10:10 AM

I wanna win the Lottery and I wanna win the Lottery NOW! Like my grandfather always says, it dont hurt to want.

CrunchTime
10-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I know there is a lot of frustration but lets not make it personal.Comment on the post not the poster please.

rvicious
10-23-2006, 10:37 AM

SPOILED???????
When was the last time we won our division? How about our Conference? We are not spoiled, all we have been doing is getting close but always failing. I think we have a right to be tired of that ****. Tell me when was the last time miami won a game by total domination. Every game is a close call or a miracle comeback, dont you ever get tired of that? Man I do!!!!!!!!!
So dont give me that bull**** about being spoiled becuase we havent seen victory in a while now.:fire: :fire:

Phin-o-rama
10-23-2006, 10:45 AM
SPOILED???????
When was the last time we won our division? How about our Conference? We are not spoiled, all we have been doing is getting close but always failing. I think we have a right to be tired of that ****. Tell me when was the last time miami won a game by total domination. Every game is a close call or a miracle comeback, dont you ever get tired of that? Man I do!!!!!!!!!
So dont give me that bull**** about being spoiled becuase we havent seen victory in a while now.:fire: :fire:

you are right, it has been a while....note that i referenced the shula years as the reason we have come to expect success year after year.

i believe the previous regimes after shula, would scramble and make last ditch efforts to aquire players and bend to the fans whims....even though that wasn't what was best for the team in the long haul, and eventually it blows up in your face (4-12 year).....I beleive that saban has 2 more years after this one to get us to the playoffs, and I also think that Wayne will give him that, so some of the fans mindless ranting and crying is pointless.

I wish I could fast forward to the 07 draft (like that movie "Click" w/ adam sandler), because I think we will be very active in that draft....some of the vets on this team need to go, to make way for youth and some studs on the O-line.

PhinsRock
10-23-2006, 10:55 AM

How can you be so old and post so immaturely? Sonny boy! Saban needs some time to turn things around from the devastation wreaked by Wannspiel, and any mature fan will realize it takes some time to turn things around. Most immature post I've ever seen on FinHeaven. :fire:

dw10
10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
How can you be so old and post so immaturely? Sonny boy! Saban needs some time to turn things around from the devastation wreaked by Wannspiel, and any mature fan will realize it takes some time to turn things around. Most immature post I've ever seen on FinHeaven. :fire:

OMG!!!!!! I made you mad. Oh boy, I did it now. :boohoo: Get a grip guy.
You're way off base. If that's the most immature post you've seen on Finheaven, then I don't think you know what the word means. Would you like some help on word comprehension??
-I think we have the talent (wow, that's immature).
-I think Saban and Mularkey must go (wow, that was really immature).
- I want to win NOW (oh man, I really did it there!!!!!!!!).

Wannstedt won. What a terrible thing that is. He WON with Fiedler. Wanny won regularly. Saban/Mularkey tandem is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I hope I am proven wrong but I don't think I will.

yankeehillbilly
10-23-2006, 12:03 PM

I agree with some of what you say.
But I do think that you, as well as most other Phin fans, are grossly overestimating the talent level on this team.
Saban certainly has his share of the blame, but seriously, if you put any other coach in the NFL (belicek included) with this team, they would probably win a few more games...maybe even back in to the playoffs...but no way would any team with less talent than this one ever win a SB.

Finsperfect72
10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
You're way off base. If that's the most immature post you've seen on Finheaven, then I don't think you know what the word means. Would you like some help on word comprehension??

Wannstedt won. What a terrible thing that is. He WON with Fiedler. Wanny won regularly. Saban/Mularkey tandem is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I hope I am proven wrong but I don't think I will.

Let's chill, everybody. I feel like I've stumbled into an "I know you are but what am I?" grade school argument.

I, too, am a long-time Dolphins fan (and have both of you beat in terms of length of service) and well remember the glory days. While Shula coached this team we always felt we had a chance to win. And did win most of the time. And then along came Marino and our winning percentage skyrocketed. So that's the frustration that a lot of us 'old timers' are feeling right now. We don't really remember a time when things were as bleak as they've been the past couple of years because things were never bleak. That's not to say that we didn't have our share of bad games. There just wasn't ever a feeling of hopelessness like there is now. And the realization that it may very well take a long time to right the ship is a bitter pill to swallow.

hellsapoppin
10-23-2006, 12:42 PM

and to mike0's article on the front page, i swear him and other so called 'journalists' almost root for us to suck so they can unleash that garbage on us all and sit back with a smile as people buy into that horse****. I agree with you totally. And that article by Mike O, just my opinion it was really stupid. This guy i don't know why he says he is a Dolphin fan he has put the Dolphins down more then any other so call Dolphin fan on this site. Now he has the right to as we all do and i don't complain about that. Alot of people on this site get pissed off at the Dolphins Org. for one reason or another including myself. But this guy just doesn't come across to me as a Dolphin fan. I think he was top dog on some other Dolphin site a few years back and for some reason that site has disappeared and every since I have seen his writings or comments on this site they are always negative. But thats his right. I think most of what he says is Bull, and i usually don't read his comments except when i need a laugh. Just my Opinion

hellsapoppin
10-23-2006, 12:46 PM

Wannstedt won. What a terrible thing that is. He WON with Fiedler. Wanny won regularly. Saban/Mularkey tandem is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I hope I am proven wrong but I don't think I will. Read what your writing (WOW THAT'S IMMATURE).

dw10
10-23-2006, 02:04 PM
and you are??????

54Fins
10-23-2006, 02:35 PM
I've been a fan longer than you've been alive. I don't need a fan lesson from you, sonny boy. We've taken our lumps the past 5 years. I wanna win and I wanna win NOW! Teams have won it all with less talent than the 'o6 Dolphins. Good try, but Saban and mularkey are the SOLE reason for our dismal season. They should both be fired and arrested for attempting to impersonate an NFL coach.Wow,a little harsh.Don't you think?It has nothing to do with you being a fan longer than him. He has his own opinions about things and he's entitled to them on this board just like the rest of us.:shakeno:

Nick Mangold
10-24-2006, 05:50 PM

Dude, Nick Mangold was chosen #29 overall in the 1st rd. when did the fins pick? 16th overall? Allen something??

And he's probably the best draft pick (more than D'Brick) this front office has made in MANY, MANY years.

the fins didnt "overachieve" or "deny themselves of a better pick", they just chose wrong. :cooldude: