PDA

View Full Version : Business Card - Help

dolphinfan2k5
10-23-2006, 06:08 PM
I am making a business card for my mom's business and I need some help with it. I also don't know how I make it have a high resolution and then print the size I want, I'm kinda confused. Heres what I've got so far, I changed the address so it wasnt real though.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/Card1-1.jpg

darkmistress
10-24-2006, 12:39 AM
for starters you should be using either a page layout program (such as quark or indesign) or illustrator. If you only have PS then just make sure your height and width are set to inches not pixels (I'm assuming you guys don't use mm like we do). Go to "Print with preview (or print preview)" and make sure the image is at 100% no scaed to fit media or anything weird and wacky. If you typed in the correct size inces wise it should print at the right size.

Design wise it looks good. I'd leave a little more breathing room for the ph numbers and web on the right ie: don't have it so close to the border also I'd gt rid of the "!" after "...and unusual conifers" it doesn't need it. Other than that looks pretty good :yes: Oh and just make sure the bottom address line lines up with the web line, it may just be an optical illusion but it looks ever so slightly lower.

:up:

dolphinfan2k5
10-24-2006, 08:39 AM
for starters you should be using either a page layout program (such as quark or indesign) or illustrator. If you only have PS then just make sure your height and width are set to inches not pixels (I'm assuming you guys don't use mm like we do). Go to "Print with preview (or print preview)" and make sure the image is at 100% no scaed to fit media or anything weird and wacky. If you typed in the correct size inces wise it should print at the right size.

Design wise it looks good. I'd leave a little more breathing room for the ph numbers and web on the right ie: don't have it so close to the border also I'd gt rid of the "!" after "...and unusual conifers" it doesn't need it. Other than that looks pretty good :yes: Oh and just make sure the bottom address line lines up with the web line, it may just be an optical illusion but it looks ever so slightly lower.

:up:

Thanks for the help. I don't have those other programs. I set it to inches with 300 reolution but when I printed it, it was smaller then what I set it - 3.5 in by 2 in. Does it need to be 72 resolution?

ILPhinFan88
10-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the help. I don't have those other programs. I set it to inches with 300 reolution but when I printed it, it was smaller then what I set it - 3.5 in by 2 in. Does it need to be 72 resolution?

You can download a trial version of Illustrator for 30 days from Adobe. Thats what I did just last week for something I needed for work.

darkmistress
10-24-2006, 05:49 PM

No 300 is right :yes:. It sounds like a printing error to me just make sure no odd boxes like scale to fit or something are ticked when you do a print preview. If the problem continues try doing what Il said and download a trial version of Illustrator. You can set up the page size in that in just import the image of the BC you have. That should work.