PDA

View Full Version : What will we take in the draft?

FLOUNDER
10-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Draft threads belong in the draft forum.

I havent been on here latley so dont jump all over me,

Im curious to see who you think we'll take in the draft, or what posistion?

Thanks

icephinfan
10-24-2006, 12:08 AM

Thanks

O-LINE and Secondary help!!!!!!

FLOUNDER
10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
So you dont think we'll get a big playmaker such as a WR?

icephinfan
10-24-2006, 12:11 AM
So you dont think we'll get a big playmaker such as a WR?

So many holes to fill, ya know??

BYD_DB
10-24-2006, 12:17 AM
how about a new OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!

FLOUNDER
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
In the draft? oh yea, real smart post

brandon1986
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
we got too many holes to fill, like stated if we fill one then there is still many more to go

yeah we need a wr but what do we need more oline help or wr, well we also need secondary help

the help is endless, we need to fix as many things in the draft and FA as possible

a new OC would help also

icephinfan
10-24-2006, 12:23 AM
we got too many holes to fill, like stated if we fill one then there is still many more to go

yeah we need a wr but what do we need more oline help or wr, well we also need secondary help

the help is endless, we need to fix as many things in the draft and FA as possible

a new OC would help also

Brandon clear your PM's.:lol:

DrewOldSchool
10-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Probably what we should have continued to do since we drafted Vernon Carey. Draft OLine. Vernon is now rated as one of our best linemen so, I reluctantly must now admit that he is a solid player. A Hudson Houck success story maybe? I recall the days of wanting to kick him off the team but now he's one of our best guys. Draft O Line and develop them....it seemed to work with Vernon.

fish fan 4 life
10-24-2006, 12:35 AM
how about a new OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!I 2nd this for sure!!

PhinSoldia
10-24-2006, 12:54 AM
i really feel that based on where we pick is where we will draft...if we pic anywhere from 4-20 we will go lineman or D-backfield...if we draft top 3 however we will try to crack CJ

Majpain
10-24-2006, 01:02 AM
CJ in Miami!

aleta
10-24-2006, 02:11 AM
We will take a PLAYER that will sing 2 days before the saeson star. Why?

DefensiveEnd#76
10-24-2006, 04:36 AM
We have so many needs, we need to take the best available player with our top pick, which may be 1st overall.

DonShula84
10-24-2006, 05:10 AM
We will take a PLAYER that will sing 2 days before the saeson
star. Why?

:confused:

kanemac
10-24-2006, 06:00 AM
So Many Holes to fill but especilly on the o line and secondary I have a little respect for the jets and bills they drafted resectively 2 young linemen and safties WHO ARE PLAYING and contributing to the team by next season they will be seasoned. ( PLEASE FIRE MALARKEY HE IS NO OFFENSIVE GURU!)

phinking
10-24-2006, 07:05 AM
If we can't get Brady Quinn, I say go for a Left Tackle, then a DE.

diehardfan
10-24-2006, 07:15 AM
we can't keep switching QB every year. We need OL help BADLY. Every QB we have is fine, as long as we can establish a sound running attack.

peeps
10-24-2006, 08:22 AM
I'd rather not have a top 5 pick and have to pay top 5 $. I'd like to see us trade our first (assuming it's high) for more picks. I think it's time to pull a Jimmy Johnson and get multiple picks in rounds 2 and 3. We need youth at the core positions (o-line, linebacker, d-line, etc.)

retarmyfinfan
10-24-2006, 08:32 AM

Thanks

Best available player.

Miamifin23
10-24-2006, 09:04 AM
BPA pretty much, except for a RB even though I think Marshawn Lynch will be the best player in this draft. OL, LB... the list keep going.

PHINBRED
10-24-2006, 09:08 AM
brady quinn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-24-2006, 09:12 AM
right now we're looking at the #1 pick, so:

1) calvin johnson
2) joe thomas
3) brady quinn

ADDiKT
10-24-2006, 09:20 AM
With the 1st Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft... The Miami Dolphins select... Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech....

Although, I have a feeling Miami will win enough games this year to get us the 12th pick or so... =/

Bumpus
10-24-2006, 10:13 AM
We need to get down to the basics of football ... blocking and tackling.

O-line : We are in desperate need of QUALITY on the front line. Addressing anything else first on the offensive side of the ball is, IMHO, a complete waste of time. What good is a new QB if he's on his butt all the time? What good is a new gamebreaking WR if we don't have time to get him the ball down the field? What good is Ronnie if we can't open some damn holes for him from time to time? Honestly, can anyone name a team that has won on a consistant basis without a quality O-line? It all starts up front!

Linebackers : Is anyone else disgusted by the fact that we seemingly cannot get off of the field on 3rd down in critical situations? We need to seriously improve our LB corps. I love Zach, but the man's getting old, and has lost a step or two. Crowder is a good start, but we must continue the youth movement. We've been getting gashed for yardage at times when we can ill afford it. What happened to the days of 2nd & 9 or 10 after a run? It seems to me that teams are routinely facing 2nd & 5. This must stop. I don't know if its because we have to stay back from the line to protect our weak secondary, or if we simply aren't nasty enough up front ... but it has to change!

Brady Quinn may very well turn out to be a great NFL QB ...
Calvin Johnson may very well turn out to be a great NFL WR ...

... but, the Miami Dolphins have larger problems than worrying abot QB or WR.

Dolfan11
10-24-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd rather not have a top 5 pick and have to pay top 5 $. I'd like to see us trade our first (assuming it's high) for more picks. I think it's time to pull a Jimmy Johnson and get multiple picks in rounds 2 and 3. We need youth at the core positions (o-line, linebacker, d-line, etc.)

I'd do that if, and only if, Calvin Johnson isn't there. I really think he's one of the few, that come along every so often, that can step in and produce at a pro level right away. All Culpepper will need to do is throw it up.

DrewOldSchool
10-24-2006, 12:00 PM
right now we're looking at the #1 pick, so:

1) calvin johnson
2) joe thomas
3) brady quinn

I'd have to go with the Joe Thomas. If he is the best LT in the draft. I haven't been following scouting reports for next year yet to be truthful.

DrewOldSchool
10-24-2006, 12:05 PM
I'd do that if, and only if, Calvin Johnson isn't there. I really think he's one of the few, that come along every so often, that can step in and produce at a pro level right away. All Culpepper will need to do is throw it up.
The majority of folks for the next six months are gonna preach skill positions for our first round pick. Haven't we learned yet that we must draft an O-line? That needs to happen and they need to be 1st round and 2nd round guys. Otherwise, you will probably be waiting years until your late round picks are ready to start on an offensive line in the NFL. Our history has shown that. That's a long wait. Kind of a quandary really when you consider how expensive top O-Linemen are as FA's these days. It's almost the only option to draft them high.

jim1
10-24-2006, 03:45 PM

Thanks

Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, or Quentin Moses. How good is C Dan Mozes from WVU?

dominizzo
10-24-2006, 04:02 PM
We will be choosing calvin Johnson

Majpain
10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Calvin Johnson BABY!

Daunt8TDChris84
10-24-2006, 04:27 PM

Thanks

THAT IS THE WORST PASSER IN THE COUNTRY PAT WHITE.

Prakk
10-24-2006, 04:36 PM
"Im curious to see who you think we'll take in the draft, or what posistion?"A beating