PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Question

Motion
10-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Anyone know a good program I can download that transfers music from an iPod into iTunes? I had to replace my hard drive in my Mac and lost most of my music. I know you can't do it through regular iTunes but I also know there is software out there that does it.

Little help please? :D

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2006, 12:18 PM
That's not so easy so I'm told, but there are some (SSSSHHH need to know) programs out there, I just don't know them.

DeathStar
10-24-2006, 12:20 PM
winamp has a plugin that allows you do transfer songs from an ipod to your computer. i had to do that when i switched to a new computer.

ill even give you a link:
http://www.mlipod.com/

theghost
10-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Anyone know a good program I can download that transfers music from an iPod into iTunes? I had to replace my hard drive in my Mac and lost most of my music. I know you can't do it through regular iTunes but I also know there is software out there that does it.

Little help please? :D

If you turn on your hidden files in your ipod you can copy the music folders onto your pc then go into itunes and add those folders to it. I have had to switch computers before and transfer all my music

Ray Finkle
10-24-2006, 12:29 PM
If you turn on your hidden files in your ipod you can copy the music folders onto your pc then go into itunes and add those folders to it. I have had to switch computers before and transfer all my music

Wow how do you copy the hidden files?

I know there's a way to do it because a buddy of mine called Apple and asked them and they told him "They're not allowed to say because it's techinically illegal but there are ways to get around it".

DeathStar
10-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Wow how do you copy the hidden files?

I know there's a way to do it because a buddy of mine called Apple and asked them and they told him "They're not allowed to say because it's techinically illegal but there are ways to get around it".

go to my computer and double click on the ipod.

go to tools, folder options, the view tab and you can click the bubble:

show hidden files and folders.

then go into your ipod and there is a folder that is like transparent, that has all your music in different folders. thing is they have random names with KLEJFK and 039fjk. they did for me. so thats why I used the winamp plugin cause the name of the files was in the format of Artist - Song name.

Ray Finkle
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
go to my computer and double click on the ipod.

go to tools, folder options, the view tab and you can click the bubble:

show hidden files and folders.

then go into your ipod and there is a folder that is like transparent, that has all your music in different folders. thing is they have random names with KLEJFK and 039fjk. they did for me. so thats why I used the winamp plugin cause the name of the files was in the format of Artist - Song name.

Thanks for the info I'm going to try it out!

Motion
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

mor911
10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
I use Yamipod, and love it... Very easy drag-n-drop interface.. No installation. Just run the app and manage away. I love it.

http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/