PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the optomists?

FinNation13
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I would like to hear from the optomists now. Are you still optomistic? We are going to win the last 9 in a row and make the playoffs right? Please give up. You are only fooling yourselves. Like yourselves, I cant believe this franchise is doomed, once again. I wish we were 1-2 again, so at least I can still have some hope. This team is an absolute joke, and should be contracted. Good job by management picking Awful-pepper over Brees. Give me a break. 5 years again, and waiting.

CHAMBERS8484
10-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Its Bustpepper and joey harrINgTon. Yes the INT is capitalized for a reason.

Finfang
10-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I would like to hear from the optomists now. Are you still optomistic? We are going to win the last 9 in a row and make the playoffs right? Please give up. You are only fooling yourselves. Like yourselves, I cant believe this franchise is doomed, once again. I wish we were 1-2 again, so at least I can still have some hope. This team is an absolute joke, and should be contracted. Good job by management picking Awful-pepper over Brees. Give me a break. 5 years again, and waiting.

What an unnecessary post! :shakeno:

NJL52
10-24-2006, 12:42 PM

Where the hell did you hear somebody say we would finish 9-0?

You are delusional for thinking your heard that.

arsenal
10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
why do you care if someone is optimistic?? if you wanna be on the verge of suicide and can do nothing but badmouth and cry about your own team have fun, by why do you care if someone else might still hold on to hope that they can play well? how does that affect you in anyway?

Waldop
10-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Sometimes one must be a realist more than an optimist.

finjim
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
what the hell is an

"optomist"?

:roflmao:

FinNation13
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
why do you care if someone is optimistic?? if you wanna be on the verge of suicide and can do nothing but badmouth and cry about your own team have fun, by why do you care if someone else might still hold on to hope that they can play well? how does that affect you in anyway?

Whatever. WHo said anything about suicide? This is the worst team in the NFL. Hands down. How can this organization do this to their fans? Week after week, season after season. It's the same old story. And the more we suffer.

Spicy Henne
10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Whatever. WHo said anything about suicide? This is the worst team in the NFL. Hands down. How can this organization do this to their fans? Week after week, season after season. It's the same old story. And the more we suffer.

Alright how's this for optimism. We'll finish first place in the draft order this season, and then you'll get to watch a really, really exciting rookie play for an improved dolphin team next season.

FinNation13
10-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Alright how's this for optimism. We'll finish first place in the draft order this season, and then you'll get to watch a really, really exciting rookie play for an improved dolphin team next season.

I hear ya. They will probably mess the pick up as well. How bout Jason Allen for you?

Stitches
10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
We could always win the last 9 and make the playoffs. Perhaps go 8-1 and make the playoffs at 9-7. But most likely we'll end up around 5-11.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I hear ya. They will probably mess the pick up as well. How bout Jason Allen for you?

How did they mess up the Jason Allen or Ronnie Brown pick?

cHaNgE
10-24-2006, 01:08 PM
just giving them 5 is being "optomistic"

perezferia
10-24-2006, 01:10 PM

On behalf of Dolphin fans everywhere.... shut up.

We know.

Go Phins.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
just giving them 5 is being "optomistic"

Well, he did ask where the optimists were, :lol: .

cHaNgE
10-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Well, he did ask where the optimists were, :lol: .

:sidelol: true

FINFAN227
10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
i'm optomistic that mularkey is not going to be with us much longer.........

late again
10-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Sometimes one must be a realist more than an optimist.

I believe you can be both without conflict. Being optimistic doesn't necessarily mean being blind to our current situation. I feel like I'm pretty well grounded. Barring some unforeseen extraordinary circumstances, we aren't going to be in the playoffs, obviously. But, I'm hoping for a win every week come game time. There are an awful lot of "all or nothing" fans. If it's apparent we aren't going to make the playoffs (or even have a winning season) some people want the the team to lose on purpose or start playing the bench players, etc. To them the games don't matter anymore; the season doesn't matter anymore and there's no reason to even watch until next year. Everyone's different, I guess. Myself, I enjoy watching the games, following the team, etc. I hate that we're losing, but it's still important to me to keep up with the Fins and continue to watch the games.
I also believe we'll win the next one.:dolphins:

Stitches
10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I believe you can be both without conflict. Being optimistic doesn't necessarily mean being blind to our current situation. I feel like I'm pretty well grounded. Barring some unforeseen extraordinary circumstances, we aren't going to be in the playoffs, obviously. But, I'm hoping for a win every week come game time. There are an awful lot of "all or nothing" fans. If it's apparent we aren't going to make the playoffs (or even have a winning season) some people want the the team to lose on purpose or start playing the bench players, etc. To them the games don't matter anymore; the season doesn't matter anymore and there's no reason to even watch until next year. Everyone's different, I guess. Myself, I enjoy watching the games, following the team, etc. I hate that we're losing, but it's still important to me to keep up with the Fins and continue to watch the games.
I also believe we'll win the next one.:dolphins:

I'm with you on this.

FinFan_Est.1984
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Optomist here, what do you want??

Finland
10-24-2006, 02:26 PM
But most likely we'll end up around 5-11.

You are still being an optimist

"D"olphinBomb
10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
If you want optimism on your sundays for now on go to church!

Stitches
10-24-2006, 03:05 PM
If you want optimism on your sundays for now on go to church!

Where we are all sinners and going to hell unless we repent? Sounds real optimistic to me. :shakeno:

Stitches
10-24-2006, 03:05 PM
You are still being an optimist

I know I said I was optimistic.

Captain Lou
10-24-2006, 03:32 PM
We could always win the last 9 and make the playoffs. Perhaps go 8-1 and make the playoffs at 9-7. But most likely we'll end up around 5-11.

I dont think were capable of winning 4 more games. I hate to say it but this teams play is getting progressively worse. We would be extremely lucky to win 4 more games, and also incredibly unlucky by screwing ourself out of a top 5 pick.

fishypete
10-24-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm optomistic that Harrington and the team will beat the Bears.

ChuckKLINGBEIL
10-24-2006, 03:46 PM
What an unnecessary post! :shakeno:

I commend this post! I think its great to see the true fans express their sincere feelings of grief and despair! lets be real, this hurts and trying to
act optimistic is merely a front...

maybe some of you have gone through it for less time and so your still patient, but some of us have been suffering for 30 years and really we watch the new generations of fans come and go and let me tell you, at some point you will feel like venting as well.

its really a shame that its come to this, we used to have the greatest fans during the Shula Regime, but now as time passes and mediocrity persists...dolphin stadium becomes a wasteland of dolphin despair

ChuckKLINGBEIL
10-24-2006, 03:56 PM
another thing,

i notice this post being labeled with a red star.. I dont get it, so anything that is not a HAPPYFACE post automatically gets tagged as a bad post?
Must everything be of a constructive nature? What's wrong with venting?

Stitches
10-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I dont think were capable of winning 4 more games. I hate to say it but this teams play is getting progressively worse. We would be extremely lucky to win 4 more games, and also incredibly unlucky by screwing ourself out of a top 5 pick.

I think we are capable of winning out, but I think we will win around 4 more game. Most of our losses have been because of snowball effect, where multiple smal things go wrong, and they ultimatly add up big time. Cut down on those small things, like dropping passes, and holding on to interceptions that can hit you in the chest, just like wrapping up better on tackles, holding blocks half a second longer. It's not like we are geting blown out every game. Of course this is all comign from an optimist.

lol.

You know it's funny, because I am viewed as a pessimist by like every single person in my life. But when tit comes to the fins, I am always optimistic.

FinNation13
10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
I commend this post! I think its great to see the true fans express their sincere feelings of grief and despair! lets be real, this hurts and trying to
act optimistic is merely a front...

maybe some of you have gone through it for less time and so your still patient, but some of us have been suffering for 30 years and really we watch the new generations of fans come and go and let me tell you, at some point you will feel like venting as well.

its really a shame that its come to this, we used to have the greatest fans during the Shula Regime, but now as time passes and mediocrity persists...dolphin stadium becomes a wasteland of dolphin despair

Exactly. Let me put a happy face on as I root for the worst team in football. No progress, no determination, they show us nothing at all. Kind of like just get the game over with already and lets finish the season.

Also, who said they are going to beat the Bears?

Let me go laugh at that one. They couldnt even beat the Raiders.

Canadianfishfan
10-25-2006, 09:37 AM
On behalf of Dolphin fans everywhere.... shut up.

We know.

Go Phins.

Thank you... thank you very much.:D

FinNation13
10-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Whatever, guess some people care more then others.

FinFan_Est.1984
10-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Also, who said they are going to beat the Bears?

Let me go laugh at that one. They couldnt even beat the Raiders.

:sidelol: You sir are very funny.........:sidelol:

Not only are they capable of beating the Bears but if you really believe that the Fins can not beat Da Raiders you are truly funny.......:sidelol:

Go Dolphins!! Get your heads out of your ***** and shut the naysayers up!!!

retired opfinistic
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm opfinistic!:D

Mcganiel
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
This post is joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinNation13
10-25-2006, 12:34 PM

Oh please. Get with the program. THIS TEAM IS A JOKE.

Dol-Fan Dupree
10-25-2006, 12:35 PM
I am right here

FinNation13
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
:sidelol: You sir are very funny.........:sidelol:

Not only are they capable of beating the Bears but if you really believe that the Fins can not beat Da Raiders you are truly funny.......:sidelol:

Go Dolphins!! Get your heads out of your ***** and shut the naysayers up!!!

And you have confidence in saying that? The Bears? I want what your smoking. They would rip us apart. Cant beat the Packers at home, almost lost to the titans at home, how are you so sure we could beat the Raiders?

FinFan_Est.1984
10-25-2006, 12:54 PM
And you have confidence in saying that? The Bears? I want what your smoking. They would rip us apart. Cant beat the Packers at home, almost lost to the titans at home, how are you so sure we could beat the Raiders?
For one thing Grossman is not a top notch QB. He is either hot or very cold. Two, we have the right weapons to have a good productive offense if we stop dropping balls and making mistakes. Three, Arizona nearly beat Da Bears. Do you really think that Arizona is a better team than our Dolphins??

What I am smoking is called "Dolphin Love" You cant find it in any Pharmacy or Smoke Shop it has to be produced by a strong blood and tears relationship with the greatest Football Franchise in the NFL. The Miami Dolphins.

FinNation13
10-25-2006, 12:58 PM
For one thing Grossman is not a top notch QB. He is either hot or very cold. Two, we have the right weapons to have a good productive offense if we stop dropping balls and making mistakes. Three, Arizona nearly beat Da Bears. Do you really think that Arizona is a better team than our Dolphins??

Yea, why not? Better Rb, better QB(although unproven, but he is the real deal) better Wr's (Fitzgerald and Boldin), our Defense is better, but you how we are even comparing the awful Arizona Cardinals to us, is amazing.

Dol-Fan Dupree
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Yea, why not? Better Rb, better QB(although unproven, but he is the real deal) better Wr's (Fitzgerald and Boldin), our Defense is better, but you how we are even comparing the awful Arizona Cardinals to us, is amazing.

How is Lienhart the real deal? Does Rick Mirer ring a bell? He had one of the best years for a rookie EVER! Rick Mirer is not the real deal.

FinNation13
10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
How is Lienhart the real deal? Does Rick Mirer ring a bell? He had one of the best years for a rookie EVER! Rick Mirer is not the real deal.

Give me Leinhert over Culpepper anyday. Is Culpepper the real deal? Nope, not even close and his career is over. He robbed us blind.

Dol-Fan Dupree
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Give me Leinhert over Culpepper anyday. Is Culpepper the real deal? Nope, not even close and his career is over. He robbed us blind.

Culpepper has done much more in his career than Leinhert. With that logic then Leinhert robbed the Cardinals blind.

FinNation13
10-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Culpepper has done much more in his career than Leinhert. With that logic then Leinhert robbed the Cardinals blind.

What has Culpepper done?

What has he done as a Dolphin?

tmny99
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
I wonder why you felt the need to start another thread on this very issue. Post in the 10,000 plus that already exist.

Stitches
10-25-2006, 01:54 PM
What has Culpepper done?

What has Culpepper done?
Passing-
Att: 2741
Comp: 1759
Pct: 64.2
Yards: 21091
YPA: 7.69
TD: 137
INT: 89
Pass of 20+ yards: 269
Pas of 40+ yards: 58
QB Rating: 90.8
Rushing-
ATT: 464
Yards: 2496
AVG: 5.4
TDs: 30
Runs of 20+: 13
First down runs: 187

That's what he has done in his career.

Dol-Fan Dupree
10-25-2006, 01:55 PM
What has Culpepper done?

as a career he has a top 5 rating of all time, he had what is considered the 3rd best year as a quarterback of all time.

Leinhert so far looks good for a rookie. He still needs to improve a lot to get to the career Culpepper has had.

What has Leinhert done as a Dolphin?

Kinzua
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM

What I am smoking is called "Dolphin Love" You cant find it in any Pharmacy or Smoke Shop it has to be produced by a strong blood and tears relationship with the greatest Football Franchise in the NFL. The Miami Dolphins.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Alex44
10-25-2006, 03:40 PM
This thread is a complete joke.

First off any NFL team can beat any other NFL team any given week. Does anyone remember losing to the Texans a few years ago? I do. All teams are not equal, but are equal enough that on a good day anyone can beat anyone.

Second off we have had a chance to win every game, thats not something every bad team can say, we could easily be anywhere between 1-6 and 6-1, its about making plays, and yes we are a few players away, but why do we have to be so pessimistic and not just enjoy the season?

BwanaZulia
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Where is DW10 when you need him?

BZ

Kinzua
10-25-2006, 04:11 PM
This thread is a complete joke.

First off any NFL team can beat any other NFL team any given week. Does anyone remember losing to the Texans a few years ago? I do. All teams are not equal, but are equal enough that on a good day anyone can beat anyone.

Second off we have had a chance to win every game, thats not something every bad team can say, we could easily be anywhere between 1-6 and 6-1, its about making plays, and yes we are a few players away, but why do we have to be so pessimistic and not just enjoy the season?

Alex, I thought the same thing when the Bills played the Bears at Soldier Field. They are beasts. You will see for yourself.:shakeno:

Alex44
10-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Alex, I thought the same thing when the Bills played the Bears at Soldier Field. They are beasts. You will see for yourself.:shakeno:

Im not saying we will beat them, we probally wont. Heck we might even get killed. But we still have a chance, even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while.

icephinfan
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Im not saying we will beat them, we probally wont. Heck we might even get killed. But we still have a chance, even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while.

:lol:
I always say even a blind Squirrell finds a nut now and then.

Anything can happen.

Kinzua
10-25-2006, 08:12 PM

Alex, I can tell that you're not a dog person. A blind dog can find a bone any time he's near one because dogs use their noses not sight to find things.

Stick with the blind squirrel finds a nut. :sidelol:

Alex44
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Alex, I can tell that you're not a dog person. A blind dog can find a bone any time he's near one because dogs use their noses not sight to find things.

Im a cat person actually :lol: point taken.

Okay okay....even a blind dog with no sense of smell finds a bone sometimes? :tongue:

Nick Mangold
10-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by FinFan_Est.1984

What I am smoking is called "Dolphin Love" You cant find it in any Pharmacy or Smoke Shop it has to be produced by a strong blood and tears relationship with the greatest Football Franchise in the NFL. The Miami Dolphins

The HULK
10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Saban is just another Spurrier. A great college coach that is an average pro coach? I mean it looks to me like they are playing with no heart or enthusiasm especially on offense. It appears as though the players are not being motivated by Saban or his coaching staff. This is just one area of many that are failing for us this year. I love my FINS but I got to call it like I see it.
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

SpurzN703
10-26-2006, 04:46 PM

I am Job

SpurzN703
10-26-2006, 04:48 PM

Well hey, since you're a whole 1 game better then what some consider the worst team in football and got a$$spanked by Chicago, how the hell do you have the nerve to speak?

:confused:

Prakk
10-26-2006, 04:48 PM
"Where the hell did you hear somebody say we would finish 9-0?"Sigh, in my dreams.
"You are delusional for thinking your heard that."There's a pill for that.

DolfanTom
10-30-2006, 02:30 PM
I hear ya. They will probably mess the pick up as well. How bout Jason Allen for you?Stop w/ the Jason Allen is a bust post. It's way too early to call him a bust, period! Please, give it a season or two. Not every great player is great out of the gate.

Maybe he's Troy Palumalu, maybe he's Jerry Wilson.

It takes more than seven games to find out.

adamprez2003
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
How is this for optimism. We're 20 mill under the cap next year and we have all of our first day picks. We bring in 4 starters through the draft and FA and finally end up in the playoffs not relinquishing that destination for the next ten years

icephinfan
10-30-2006, 09:14 PM
How is this for optimism. We're 20 mill under the cap next year and we have all of our first day picks. We bring in 4 starters through the draft and FA and finally end up in the playoffs not relinquishing that destination for the next ten years

:yes:

finsrclowns
10-31-2006, 10:01 PM
I would like to hear from the optomists now.

Why, do you want positive reinforcement that one day you'll pass 2nd grade spelling?:lol: