PDA

View Full Version : Snoop Dogg caught with weapon at airport

BAMAPHIN 22
10-24-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://news.yahoo.com/photo/061023/482/68c436c691704c95be3df04cbb964f50)

Prosecutors are considering charges against Snoop Dogg after authorities discovered a 21-inch collapsible baton in his bags as he boarded a New York-bound flight, authorities said Monday.

The rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, had the baton in his laptop case as he went through a security checkpoint at John Wayne International Airport on Sept. 27, sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said.

Snoop Dogg, 35, told sheriff's deputies that the baton was a prop for a movie he was filming in New York, Amormino said.

"He had a collapsible baton and it is classified as a dangerous weapon," Amormino said, adding that the stick collapsed to eight inches.

District attorney spokeswoman Susan Kang Schroeder said her office received the sheriff's report on Monday. She said prosecutors had not yet decided whether to charge Snoop Dogg, who was not arrested.

It wasn't the first time the rapper has had a problem at an airport.

In May, he accepted responsibility for using "threatening words or behavior" in an April brawl at Heathrow Airport in London. Snoop Dogg and five other men were arrested on charges of violent disorder and starting a brawl after some members of the rapper's party were denied entry to British Airways' first-class lounge.

Seven officers received minor injuries — mainly cuts and bruises — and one suffered a fracture to the hand.

British Airways has banned Snoop Dogg from future travel on the airline, it said last month.

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/10/23/snoop-dogg-caught-with-weapon-at-airport/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fap%2F20061024%2Fap_en_ce%2Fpeople_snoop_dogg&frame=true

Pagan
10-24-2006, 02:37 PM
How can people be so stupid? Haven't we all learned by now not to try to bring things like this on airplanes? :shakeno:

Majpain
10-24-2006, 02:39 PM
AirPort secruity these days have no common sense.

Pagan
10-24-2006, 02:43 PM
AirPort secruity these days have no common sense.
Why blame security? Doesn't matter if it was a prop or not. It's NOT allowed on an airplane.

theghost
10-24-2006, 02:46 PM
But he's a pimp.

Majpain
10-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Why blame security? Doesn't matter if it was a prop or not. It's NOT allowed on an airplane.

I'm sorry but Snoop is not a terrorist. Secondly they are all clueless. I love how when a family of 4 goto a airport they treat them like Terrorist its great.

Blade
10-24-2006, 02:50 PM
That it just stupid to bring a knife, even if its a prop, on the plane. Wow.

DeathStar
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry but Snoop is not a terrorist. Secondly they are all clueless. I love how when a family of 4 goto a airport they treat them like Terrorist its great.
you can't make exceptions for anyone. rules are there for a reason. and people are idiots for bringing banned stuff on plane.

Pagan
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm not a terrorist either Maj, but when I flew to Texas I wasn't allowed to bring a weapon OR a liquid on board either. There can't be any exceptions.

I guess cause he's Snoop Dogg he can bring a gun onboard? After all, he's not a terrorist!

C'mon man.

Blade
10-24-2006, 02:57 PM
I bet he was sippin on Gin and Juice! :lol:

theghost
10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
I just can't believe he didn't make one of his hos carry it.

Majpain
10-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Well camon I hate when Airport secruity treats everyone like a Terrorist. Sorry I just cant stand going to the airport and constantly getting attitude by the metal detect nazis. Sorry if anyone found that offensive.

DrAstroZoom
10-24-2006, 03:02 PM
But he's a pimp.

:lol:

Please step out of line, Mr. Broadus. Now, as I'm sure you know, we have very strict regulations regarding the possession of weapons during flights, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to ... oh ... my mistake, Mr. Broadus. I realize you were merely keeping it real. And I do appreciate how difficult it is out here for a pimp. I apologize for the inconvizzle.

Blade
10-24-2006, 03:03 PM
:lol:

Please step out of line, Mr. Broadus. Now, as I'm sure you know, we have very strict regulations regarding the possession of weapons during flights, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to ... oh ... my mistake, Mr. Broadus. I realize you were merely keeping it real. And I do appreciate how difficult it is out here for a pimp. I apologize for the inconvizzle.

LOL. Nice. Pimpin aint easy. :D

Pagan
10-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I apologize for the inconvizzle.
:spit: :lol:

You rule, doc!

Roman529
10-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Fo' shizzle that wasn't my baton twizzle. :sidelol:

Nappy Roots
10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
not sure if some of yall even read the article considering there was a mention of a "gun" and a "knife"...it was a damn baton. would seem like they couldnt allow canes on the plane either.

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Wasn't a gun!

"He had a collapsible baton and it is classified as a dangerous weapon," Amormino said, adding that the stick collapsed to eight inches.

But still a stupid thing to do. At least ask someone first, you know security is tight!

And Majpain, lets not check anyone at the airport, we can trust everyone!:shakeno:

Pagan
10-24-2006, 04:11 PM
not sure if some of yall even read the article considering there was a mention of a "gun" and a "knife"...it was a damn baton. would seem like they couldnt allow canes on the plane either.
Nappy, how did I know you'd come running to his defense? :lol:

Cane? Didn't know Snoop was crippled. :rolleyes:

Bro, I don't know when the last time you've flown is, but they don't even allow bottled water on planes anymore. No scissors, no ANYTHING that can be used as a weapon. Baton, billy club, whatever.

It. Is. Not. Allowed.

End of story.

Nappy Roots
10-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Nappy, how did I know you'd come running to his defense? :lol:

Cane? Didn't know Snoop was crippled. :rolleyes:

Bro, I don't know when the last time you've flown is, but they don't even allow bottled water on planes anymore. No scissors, no ANYTHING that can be used as a weapon. Baton, billy club, whatever.

It. Is. Not. Allowed.

End of story.

do they do medical checks to make sure people need those canes? i mean, im not saying they should let batons on the plane, but honestly, they dont know people really need canes and they let them. obviously their not aloud on the plane and im not defending him, just saying. its not a gun or knife....

Pagan
10-24-2006, 04:30 PM
do they do medical checks to make sure people need those canes? i mean, im not saying they should let batons on the plane, but honestly, they dont know people really need canes and they let them. obviously their not aloud on the plane and im not defending him, just saying. its not a gun or knife....
No, it's not a gun or a knife, but it's still a weapon. You can kill someone with a pair of scissors also.

AND, if he was walking with a limp and USING the cane, then yes...I could see the argument. However, he was carrying it in a case, so it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize that he didn't need it for medical reasons.

You seem to be missing the point. Whether or not it's a prop, baton, whatever...it's not allowed on the plane. He was stupid to assume he could just walk on with it.

Roman529

Hey Nappy, they make canes where you click on a button and a knife comes out of the bottom of the cane....you could limp and bring that on the plane and then hijack it. :eek:

DrAstroZoom
I think the collapsible nature of the cane might have been the problem.

Timmy54
10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
nice job doc

but they didnt find any pot??say it aint so. HO?

Roman529
10-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Snoop Dawg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Pagan
10-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Looks more like Howard Stern. :tongue:

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Looks more like Howard Stern. :tongue:

I was going to say some rock and roll dude from NY I have seen!!!:rolleyes:

Nappy Roots
10-24-2006, 04:43 PM
No, it's not a gun or a knife, but it's still a weapon. You can kill someone with a pair of scissors also.

AND, if he was walking with a limp and USING the cane, then yes...I could see the argument. However, he was carrying it in a case, so it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to realize that he didn't need it for medical reasons.

You seem to be missing the point. Whether or not it's a prop, baton, whatever...it's not allowed on the plane. He was stupid to assume he could just walk on with it.

im not missing the point. your missing my point. my point was not that its not a gun or knife so who cares, im saying its not a gun or knife like 2 people :wink: said it was.

when i seen the thread i wasnt going to defend him, i could careless that he is caught with a baton. but when "unbiased" people seem to skip of the "weapon" in the article and then put gun or knife in its place, i had to say that they were wrong.

and im not arguing FOR him at all, you just seem like you want to start a argument about this cause i always argue for rap. this, i could care less. i mean, if you want to cadem(sp?) the guy for not being able to board a plane, then whatever. thats whoevers agenda.

In_Flames
10-24-2006, 04:43 PM
One's gotta wonder. Would this constitute a weapon??

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Pagan
10-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I was going to say some rock and roll dude from NY I have seen!!!:rolleyes:
That's it, you're off my Xmas list. :wink:

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2006, 04:47 PM
That's it, you're off my Xmas list. :wink:

:boohoo: I couldn't help myself!

Pagan
10-24-2006, 05:14 PM
im not missing the point. your missing my point. my point was not that its not a gun or knife so who cares, im saying its not a gun or knife like 2 people :wink: said it was.
Bro, are you THAT dense? Is a pair of scissors a weapon? A cigarette lighter? A bottle of Coke? No....but they aren't allowed on either.

Whether you care or not, IT IS NOT ALLOWED. How many times does that have to be said?

when i seen the thread i wasnt going to defend him, i could careless that he is caught with a baton. but when "unbiased" people seem to skip of the "weapon" in the article and then put gun or knife in its place, i had to say that they were wrong.
Bro, ONE person said knife. No one said he had a gun.

and im not arguing FOR him at all, you just seem like you want to start a argument about this cause i always argue for rap. this, i could care less. i mean, if you want to cadem(sp?) the guy for not being able to board a plane, then whatever. thats whoevers agenda.
No one is bringing rap into this at all Nappy, but you DO have to admit it's funny that you're the only one who has a problem with this. :wink:

No one's condemning him or has an agenda. We're just calling him an idiot for trying to bring that on the plane.

Nappy Roots
10-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Bro, are you THAT dense? Is a pair of scissors a weapon? A cigarette lighter? A bottle of Coke? No....but they aren't allowed on either.

Whether you care or not, IT IS NOT ALLOWED. How many times does that have to be said?

No one is bringing rap into this at all Nappy, but you DO have to admit it's funny that you're the only one who has a problem with this. :wink:

No one's condemning him or has an agenda. We're just calling him an idiot for trying to bring that on the plane.

oh my god pagan. i do not have a problem with this. nor am i dense. instead i should be asking you are you THAT dense that you cant understand my post. all the **** i said was it was a gun or knife like 2 people. i didnt say it was OK, nor that he should of been let on the ****ing plane.

jesus :shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2006, 05:18 PM

Blade mentioned a knife. Not sure he meant Doggie was carrying it.

I think what Nappy was just trying to get across, was it was not a knife or a gun. I don't think he meant Snoop did no wrong.

Pagan
10-24-2006, 05:21 PM
oh my god pagan. i do not have a problem with this. nor am i dense. instead i should be asking you are you THAT dense that you cant understand my post. all the **** i said was it was a gun or knife like 2 people. i didnt say it was OK, nor that he should of been let on the ****ing plane.

jesus :shakeno:
Written words can be misunderstood, Nappy. If I've misunderstood you then I apologize. Must've read your post the wrong way or you typed the wrong way, or whatever the reason.

Nappy Roots
10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Written words can be misunderstood, Nappy. If I've misunderstood you then I apologize. Must've read your post the wrong way or you typed the wrong way, or whatever the reason.

its all good man.

DeathStar
10-24-2006, 05:47 PM
why do you type on bold?

Pagan
10-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Cause I like the way it looks.

Why don't you capitalize? :wink:

Den54
10-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Well its been said that "the streets ain't right" so Snoop has to take these extra precautions to ensure his safety.:lol:

Pagan
10-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Apparently, he doesn't learn or doesn't care.

Rapper Snoop Dogg was busted by California cops last night for drug and gun possession at a Burbank airport.

Cops stopped the rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, for a traffic violation at the Bob Hope Airport loading zone around 4 p.m. local time, CNN reported.

The matter soon turned more serious as cops discovered marijuana and a gun in Broadus' posession.

The 35-year-old rapper was arrested and taken to the Burbank Police Department Jail.

Snoop posted $35,000 in bail and was released. He is scheduled to appear at Burbank Superior Court on December 12, according to his publicist.

"There was no basis for this arrest," the rapper's lawyer, Donald Etra, told CNN.
That last line if f'ing hilarious. Let's see, guns and drugs in an airport....nah, no reason for arrest! :shakeno:

FinsAreLife
10-28-2006, 11:43 AM
But he's a pimp.

o yeah i forgot, that changes everything!

:chuckle:

Colorado Dolfan
10-28-2006, 04:54 PM
How can people be so stupid? Haven't we all learned by now not to try to bring things like this on airplanes? :shakeno:

I worked airport security for a bit and we had a guy try to bring a 6-foot long sword on the plane...

Many people are just born stupid, IMO. :shakeno:

Den54
10-28-2006, 05:21 PM
The airports ain't right.:lol:

BAMAPHIN 22
11-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Snoop Dogg denies weapons charges

Rap artist "Snoop Dogg" was charged Thursday with one felony count of knowingly possessing a deadly weapon -- a collapsible baton -- while trying to board a plane in California, authorities in Orange County said.

In a statement, a spokeswoman for Snoop Dogg -- whose real name is Calvin Broadus -- said he denies the charges brought against him by the Orange County District Attorney and called the baton "a prop."

If convicted the 35-year old musician from Sherman Oaks would face a maximum sentence of three years in state prison. A warrant has been issued for his arrest with $150,000 bail.

Snoop Dogg is accused of entering the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, Calif. on Sept. 27 accompanied by two bodyguards to catch a flight to San Francisco. "After placing his carry-on luggage on the security conveyer belt to be scanned, security officers saw a long object in his computer bag and requested to search inside," the district attorney's office said in a written statement. "Broadus is accused of carrying in the laptop case a 20-inch collapsible baton, which shrinks to eight-inches. The law classifies these types of weapons as dangerous and illegal."

In a statement, spokeswoman Meredith O'Sullivan said Snoop Dogg "inadvertently had a prop in his carry-on luggage.

"This charge mocks the protections our country has in place to safeguard itself from real security threats and is celebrity 'head-hunting' by attention-seeking prosecutors," O'Sullivan said in the statement. "A jury will see this case for the publicity ploy it is, and the taxpayers will wonder why their tax dollars aren't being used to investigate real crimes and threats."

Snoop Dogg, who has sold over 17 million records and starred in a few movies, has had several other run-ins with the law.

He was convicted on a felony narcotics possession charge in 1990, for trying to sell cocaine.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/03/snoop.dogg/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Snoop Dogg was booked Monday on a single felony count of possession of a deadly weapon filed after security officers at John Wayne International Airport found a collapsible baton in his carry-on luggage.

The 35-year-old rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, turned himself over to authorities at the Orange County Jail on Monday morning. He was expected to post $150,000 bail, said Susan Schroeder of the district attorney's office.

If convicted, he could be sentenced to three years in prison.

The September 27 incident occurred as Snoop Dogg prepared to take a flight to San Francisco. At the time of his arrest, he told deputies the baton was a prop for a movie, a spokesman for the sheriff's office has said.

The weapon charge was filed Thursday and an arrest warrant was issued. Snoop Dogg's attorney, Donald Etra, has called the charge "bogus."

Snoop's spokesperson, Meredith O'Sullivan, said in a statement Monday that Snoop "welcomes an expedited trial which will reveal that these charges are completely unwarranted."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/06/snoop.booked.ap/index.html