PDA

View Full Version : Cops: Dad Threatened Son's Coach With Gun

BAMAPHIN 22
10-24-2006, 04:12 PM
A father pulled a gun on a youth football coach because his son wasn't getting enough playing time, police said.

Wayne Derkotch, 40, was arguing with the coach Sunday morning during a game of 5-7-year-olds in northeast Philadelphia, and it turned into a fight between the two men.

Coach Jermaine Wilson is 34, and about 6 feet 3 inches tall. Derkotch is 40, and about 5 feet 9 inches, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

Derkotch was losing, and then pulled out the .357 Magnum, police said.

Referee Shawn Henwood shouted for the players to "Come with me!" and they did, following him from the 50-yard line to the far side of the field, then crouching. Screaming mothers rushed toward them, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.

No shots were fired and no one required medical treatment, authorities said.

"It was all because his son wasn't playing enough," said Capt. John McGinnis.

"It's a very bizarre case."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/24/national/main2118014.shtml

Timmy54
10-24-2006, 04:35 PM
yo, you put my son in or i bust a cap in you azz.

some people???

Stitches
10-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Maybe if his son was good. But since he is the son of a 5'9" guy, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the kid doesn't have ideal measurables either.

I wonder what this guy's home life is like? I imagine that his wife hates him, and calls him a failure, or a good for nothing. She probably tells him that she hopes *her* son doesn't turn out to be a loser like him. Wow, I think way too much into this stuff.

finfan01
10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
:shakeno:sports fathers are insane....thank God my father aint like that..........who remembers the father who tackled that kid who hit his son? That was insanity:shakeno: