PDA

View Full Version : Playboy's cameras focus on UCF

Celtkin
10-24-2006, 06:24 PM
[FloridaToday (http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061024/BREAKINGNEWS/61024034)] Some of the young women showed up to do something bold and out of the ordinary. Some felt it would boost their careers in modeling or other professions. Many were there for the money.

Differing motives brought a small group of University of Central Florida students to a dimly-lit hotel room Monday, awaiting auditions for a chance to appear in Playboy Magazine’s “Girls of the Conference USA” college pictorial.

Although the auditions were not affiliated with UCF in any way, they were open to all of the university’s female students older than 18.

“Deep down I have a shy personality,” said Cassandra Watwood, a freshman business major. “This is going to be my confidence boost.”

All the girls who are chosen for the pictorial will be “compensated well,” according to a Playboy spokesman, and that was a major incentive for some of the girls trying out.

“It’ll get me out of debt, that’s for sure,” said Laurhen LeBlanc, a senior marketing major who is graduating in December. “I’m moving across the country and I need money.”

Pamela Runsick, a senior advertising/public relations major and graduate of Melbourne High School, said she was thrilled to be auditioning.

“It’s a lot of girls’ dream to be in Playboy,” Runsick said. “Some people think it’s trashy and disrespectful to women, but I think it’s a form of art.”

But what do their parents think?

“They don’t know,” Rodriguez said. “But I wouldn’t have a problem telling them. I don’t know what they would say, but I don’t think they would be too upset.”

Runsick’s mother knows about her audition.

“She’s happy about it,” Runsick said.

NaboCane
10-24-2006, 06:26 PM
:bob:

Quelonio
10-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't go very deep into it since it is a lounge thread, but I will always find it a bit of a discussion on whether taking advantage of the objectification that men send towards woman is indeed a valid and strong basis for feminism... as in, by using a feminine strength you revert roles to one of power, or by using a strenght that is mandated by a male perception and fantasy you are actually giving in... stupid thing, but I always have curiosity behind the train of thought of people who attack both positions.

And I think this:
“Deep down I have a shy personality,” said Cassandra Watwood, a freshman business major. “This is going to be my confidence boost.” is quite sad.

d-day
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't go very deep into it since it is a lounge thread, but I will always find it a bit of a discussion on whether taking advantage of the objectification that men send towards woman is indeed a valid and strong basis for feminism... as in, by using a feminine strength you revert roles to one of power, or by using a strenght that is mandated by a male perception and fantasy you are actually giving in... stupid thing, but I always have curiosity behind the train of thought of people who attack both positions.

And I think this: is quite sad.

:huh: :hmmm: :dunno:

boobies! :yes:

Quelonio
10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
:huh: :hmmm: :dunno:

boobies! :yes:

Yes, I ventured out of the Po Fo... sorry...

Celtkin
10-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Yes, I ventured out of the Po Fo... sorry...
I cross posted it to POFO for you, bro.

Have at it :up:

Muck
10-24-2006, 07:43 PM
“It’s a lot of girls’ dream to be in Playboy,” Runsick said. “Some people think it’s trashy and disrespectful to women, but I think it’s a form of art.”

The only art happening in Playboy is when the graphics guy fires up Photoshop and clicks on 'airbrush'.

Why don't they just save themselves the trouble and put the Bob Hope lens on the camera. You know, that soft one you'd see on the Christmas specials.

Roman529
10-24-2006, 07:47 PM
There better be pics in the LL when this issue comes out...and don't forget the TOS. :lol:

Celtkin
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
The only art happening in Playboy is when the graphics guy fires up Photoshop and clicks on 'airbrush'.

Why don't they just save themselves the trouble and put the Bob Hope lens on the camera. You know, that soft one you'd see on the Christmas specials.

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00nhKwv4M5Q :yes:

Photoshop is a model's best friend

UCFinfan86
10-24-2006, 08:36 PM
hmm now i gotta find these girls

finfan01
10-24-2006, 09:24 PM
My friends at UCF will also be on the hunt......:D

lazareth
10-24-2006, 10:25 PM
My friends at UCF will also be on the hunt......:D a **** hunt...the best kind

finfan01
10-24-2006, 10:58 PM
a **** hunt...the best kind

Ya:D

King Nate
10-25-2006, 01:51 AM
I immediately facebooked most of the names that were in that article. :hump:

Can't wait for that issue! :chuckle:

Timmy54
10-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Need boobies now

<onhiswaytoLL>

Agent51
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
a **** hunt...the best kind

While they are on the hunt they should sing that song we used to do in school as kids, I can't quite remember how it goes but it was something about going through a forest and a bridge and a stream or something and you were like "can't go over it, can't go under it, must go AROUND it" :lol:. Does anyone remember that song? It's driving me nuts, I'm trying to remember the lyrics or the song name and I'm at a loss. I think you were hunting a bear, or there was a bear in it, lol, I really can't remember.

SA_BUTTA
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I misread and thought it said UFC.
I was thinking why the hell would Playboy want to focus on UFC??:D

In_Flames
10-25-2006, 01:55 PM
until I see some pics in here, this thread is dead to me...:refuse:

Roman529
10-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I wonder if their parent's know they are appearing in Playboy? I guess I would do it if I was a hot chickie....to pay for school. :wink:

King Nate
10-25-2006, 03:42 PM
It's funny but this was the front page story of our UCF newspaper today. The very same paper that I write sports for. Boy was I proud!

UCFinfan86
10-25-2006, 06:22 PM
It's funny but this was the front page story of our UCF newspaper today. The very same paper that I write sports for. Boy was I proud!

I have never read the UCF paper, but you write all the sports sections? or just a select article everyday? Ill pick one up tomorrow and read an article if your gonna be writing one for tomorrow.

spydertl79
10-25-2006, 08:07 PM
UCF sucks. LOL, j/k guys.