PDA

View Full Version : The Flaws of the Top Draft Picks

adamprez2003
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Since this is going to be an important draft for us I thought I would point out some of the flaws of the top projected picks in this year's draft. I'm going off of what I've seen of them so I might have caught some bad games, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and add any other draft picks flaws. We're all going to be reading about how great these guys are, it may be good to know what isnt so great about them

QB Brady Quinn - horrendous when the pocket breaks down. Needs almsot a perfect pocket to succeed

QB Brian Brohm - seems to be fragile. constantly getting dinged up

LOT Joe Thomas - might just be me but he seems to play high. Doesnt seem to have the knee bend you need to dominate at the NFL level. Could be due to his massive size 6'8" and playing against much shorter competition. Still if he tries to play his position by bending at the waist instead of bending his knees he'll be an average tackle in the nfl. the key for the scouts will be to determine whether he can play with knee bend and leverage

WR Calvin Johnson - havent seen a flaw in his game yet

DonShula84
10-24-2006, 08:33 PM
QB Brady Quinn - horrendous when the pocket breaks down. Needs almsot a perfect pocket to succeed

Boy can I not agree with this assesment

adamprez2003
10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Boy can I not agree with this assesment

i think he's horrible when the pocket breaks

dominizzo
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Brady Quinn will be unsuccessful In NFL!!

Calvin Johnson will be the pick

DonShula84
10-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Brady Quinn will be unsuccessful In NFL!!

Calvin Johnson will be the pick

How many times have you seen ND play in the past 4 years? I pretty much know the answer, interested if you'll admit it though

Ark139954
10-24-2006, 08:41 PM
dude i think we need a cb not a wr

adamprez2003
10-24-2006, 08:41 PM
How many times have you seen ND play in the past 4 years? I pretty much know the answer, interested if you'll admit it though

cant help but see them. they're on every week. i probably watch four to five times a year. by the way, this isnt just my opinion this is the book on the guy. get pressure on him and he'll play bad, leave him time and he'll kill you.

DonShula84
10-24-2006, 08:43 PM
cant help but see them. they're on every week. i probably watch four to five times a year. by the way, this isnt just my opinion this is the book on the guy. get pressure on him and he'll play bad, leave him time and he'll kill you.

I had no doubt you've seen him play. I think you can say that about a lot of QBs though, get a good pass rush and they arent the same player. I also think the word horrible is exagerating it a bit.

utahphinsfan
10-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Other than Joe Montana, What ND QB has been successful @ the Pro Level?

Rick Mirer? Jarious Jackson?

BQ has had alot of hype this season & hasn't lived up to it IMO.

Miami needs a franchise LT, a #1 CB, and a play making OLB.

adamprez2003
10-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I had no doubt you've seen him play. I think you can say that about a lot of QBs though, get a good pass rush and they arent the same player. I also think the word horrible is exagerating it a bit.

maybe horrible is exaggerrating but that's the flaw on the guy, that he handles pocket pressure worse than you would want

KingCrowder
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Since this is going to be an important draft for us I thought I would point out some of the flaws of the top projected picks in this year's draft. I'm going off of what I've seen of them so I might have caught some bad games, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and add any other draft picks flaws. We're all going to be reading about how great these guys are, it may be good to know what isnt so great about them

QB Brian Brohm - seems to be fragile. constantly getting dinged up

LOT Joe Thomas - might just be me but he seems to play high. Doesnt seem to have the knee bend you need to dominate at the NFL level. Could be due to his massive size 6'8" and playing against much shorter competition. Still if he tries to play his position by bending at the waist instead of bending his knees he'll be an average tackle in the nfl. the key for the scouts will be to determine whether he can play with knee bend and leverage

WR Calvin Johnson - havent seen a flaw in his game yet

I like how people can spin things to make their guy look better than everyone else.

jonkruse
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
I, personally, would hate to pick up brady quinn. I'd rather (as much as i hate to do it because id feel like we were wasting such a high draft pick) pick up an OL.

Joneal7
10-24-2006, 09:13 PM

if you pass on Calvin Johnson for a cb at a high pick...then there is something wrong because there is no CB this year worth taking as high as Calvin

adamprez2003
10-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I like how people can spin things to make their guy look better than everyone else.

calvin johnson aint my guy. actually brian brohm is but after brohm i would take cj

Mainge
10-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Please, elaborate. You aren't doing much just stating this and leaving.

KingCrowder
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Please, elaborate. You aren't doing much just stating this and leaving.

Justice Hairston FB from Rutgers is who we should take in the first round. guy is a beast. he could clear a big path for Ronnie Brown to run and he is great at catching out of the back field.

lets look at the other players:

Brady quinn please he was just a one hit wonder last year. this year proves that.

Ginn come on that guy can't seperate from the conerback to say his life.

Calvin johnson size+speed sound like another David Terrell anyone.

See you can spin anything to make a player look better than anybody else.

NOTE: I do NOT endorse the above statements.

adamprez2003
10-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Justice Hairston FB from Rutgers is who we should take in the first round. guy is a beast. he could clear a big path for Ronnie Brown to run and he is great at catching out of the back field.

Brady quinn please he was just a one hit wonder last year. this year proves that.

Well all I'm trying to do in this thread is to take a look at weaknesses of players. We're always talking about their strengths and never their weaknesses. just trying to get an overall picture painted when you combine it with other threads that tout their strengths.

by the way cool sig

jlfin
10-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I, personally, would hate to pick up brady quinn. I'd rather (as much as i hate to do it because id feel like we were wasting such a high draft pick) pick up an OL.

Oh, so now an O-lineman has more value than a QB? Silly me :rolleyes:

miami234ever
10-24-2006, 10:13 PM
If we pass on Joe Thomas, I will be pissed as hell. Do we need a QB? Not as much as we need a franchise LT. Sign Deon Grant from Jax then trade Booker for a 4th and draft:
1. Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
2. Daymeion Hughes CB Cal
3. Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
4. Tim Duckworth OG Auburn
4. Prescott Burgess OLB Michigan
6. Jeremy Clark DT Alabama
7. Best TE available

Then we're good to go. Lol.

Dolfan4life34
10-24-2006, 10:20 PM

all i got to say is that hairstonisnt the starting rutgers fullback im from jersey and goto all the games i live 10 min away and all my friends go there ther fullback is Brian Leonard and he is a great player but he will prob go in the second round

dominizzo
10-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Whos Brohm compareable to?

adamprez2003
10-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Whos Brohm compareable to?

well he's got a bad knee and a busted thumb this year but he can make every throw in the book and is great at reading defenses. Hard to say who he reminds me of but check out the game against west virginia that louisville plays. His thumb may still be bothering him so if he's off on his throws dont write him off

TractorTraylor
10-24-2006, 11:33 PM
well he's got a bad knee and a busted thumb this year but he can make every throw in the book and is great at reading defenses. Hard to say who he reminds me of but check out the game against west virginia that louisville plays. His thumb may still be bothering him so if he's off on his throws dont write him off

Marc Bulger, anyone?

Miamibyrd_24
10-25-2006, 12:14 AM

100% Agree, another WR for what?

PhinSoldia
10-25-2006, 12:28 AM
100% Agree, another WR for what?

because he is the potential 1 threat the Cully will need to succeed...After that people can say all they want about Pepper not being able to compete without a GREAT WR....btu who will realy care when they arre putting up numbers in Dolphin Uniforms

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 01:02 AM

Miami needs a franchise LT, a #1 CB, and a play making OLB.

What QB out of USC had done anything in the Pros before Palmer? What WR out of GT has done anything yet people want CJ. Oh and Joe Theisman was a pretty good pro out of ND. How it matters considering this an entirely different coaching staff then the past QBs had is beyond me.

dominizzo
10-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Shula There is no way Miami selects QUinn!!

WR T Secondary and Oline are Priorities Not QB??

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Shula There is no way Miami selects QUinn!!

WR T Secondary and Oline are Priorities Not QB??

I havent said Miami should take Quinn. If people make stupid posts about him though I'll let them know it. I'm still wondering how many times you've seen him play though.

WelcomeBack
10-25-2006, 04:01 AM
It's simple, you take the best player from where you're sitting in the draft. Let's all face it, trading down is NOT as easy as it seems, yet people make it out that way. If we are sitting at the #3 pick, and CJ and Quinn are off the board, NOT taking Joe Thomas is a HUGE mistake. But, if you change the players in the scenario and say CJ and Thomas are off the board, it's kind of hard to pass on Quinn as well.

You take players that can help your team win. Who knows how Daunte comes back. An injury like the one he sustained is a career changer. Although I'd preferably have CJ or Thomas, I wouldn't be opposed to Quinn.

And as for the person questioning why we would take another WR, how about we need one that can hold on to the ball. :D

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-25-2006, 09:45 AM

that's the silliest thing i've ever heard.

and if you look at the stats, he's pretty much having the exact same season as last year. still completing 63% of his passes, he has a 18/4 TD/INT ratio, has a 7.00 YPA...

ghostface95
10-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I'd personally pass on Joe Thomas and definitely Levi Jones from Penn St.

My opinion on whom we should select at LT is "unbiased"

JAKE LONG IS OUR GUY....OT (MICHIGAN...GO BLUE)

JAKE LONG PLAYS WITH SOMETHING OUR ENTIRE OL DOES NOT......." A MEAN NASTY STREAK"

nuff said....sorry for the CAPS....

Stitches
10-25-2006, 01:12 PM
I'd personally pass on Joe Thomas and definitely Levi Jones from Penn St.

My opinion on whom we should select at LT is "unbiased"

JAKE LONG IS OUR GUY....OT (MICHIGAN...GO BLUE)

JAKE LONG PLAYS WITH SOMETHING OUR ENTIRE OL DOES NOT......." A MEAN NASTY STREAK"

nuff said....sorry for the CAPS....

I have no problem with Long. He will be very good, and probably end up being a 2nd rounder if all the projected juniors come out.