PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in Inverness?

ganooch
10-25-2006, 12:51 PM
I have a question for anyone who might be able to shed some light. My father owns some property in Inverness and has had it for over 25 years. For 25 years this lot sat w/o any building. All of a sudden, he is getting tons of call asking if he wants to sell. Any one have any idea what is going on down there to spark this sudden interest? Thanks

inFINSible
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
I have a question for anyone who might be able to shed some light. My father owns some property in Inverness and has had it for over 25 years. For 25 years this lot sat w/o any building. All of a sudden, he is getting tons of call asking if he wants to sell. Any one have any idea what is going on down there to spark this sudden interest? Thanks
Everybody wants to buy land in Florida....property values have gone up 200% in my neighborhood in the last 5 years.....things are cooling off now but, he could probably make a nice chunk of change if he wants to sell....

ganooch
10-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Everybody wants to buy land in Florida....property values have gone up 200% in my neighborhood in the last 5 years.....things are cooling off now but, he could probably make a nice chunk of change if he wants to sell....
We figured that something was going on. I guess people are looking all over in Florida now. I also heard that the Lake there has been cleaned up ten fold.

inFINSible
10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
If it's on the water too.....boy oh boy.....make sure you find out what other lots are going for before you agree to anything......the buyers are counting on you not knowing what the land is worth....

ganooch
10-25-2006, 02:50 PM
that's what we figured. The realtors know the property is owned by an out of stater. I think my pops and I need to go down and take a look at things.

inFINSible
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Go here....http://www.zillow.com/search/Search.htm?citystatezip=Inverness&mode=browse.....and then type in the address of your property to get a rough estimate of it's value...

Stitches
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
I thought this thread would be talking about the Inverness golf club up here, lol. Man was I wrong.

ganooch
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Go here....http://www.zillow.com/search/Search.htm?citystatezip=Inverness&mode=browse.....and then type in the address of your property to get a rough estimate of it's value...
thanks for the info

cnc66
10-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey Ganooch...do you mean Lake Tsala Apopka as the one that has been improved and cleaned? the BIG money from down south...Tampa in your case has been moving north and driving up property values and degraded quality of life. If "I" was you, I would tell your Pop's to hold on to it, and bequeth it to you after he passes. Darin is correct about property values...for instance, H. Wayne, has been trying to buy the property I live on for two years..resist if you can, the property is worth more than the money...IMO

ganooch
10-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Hey Ganooch...do you mean Lake Tsala Apopka as the one that has been improved and cleaned? the BIG money from down south...Tampa in your case has been moving north and driving up property values and degraded quality of life. If "I" was you, I would tell your Pop's to hold on to it, and bequeth it to you after he passes. Darin is correct about property values...for instance, H. Wayne, has been trying to buy the property I live on for two years..resist if you can, the property is worth more than the money...IMO
thanks for the info. I will tell my pops