PDA

View Full Version : Can CJ be the Next Mike Williams?

dominizzo
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Ive been watching Cj with georgia tech and HEs amazing!! So Talented!!

I think he will be a good one but I remember watching Mike Williams from USC and he was amazing and turned out to be a bust!!

Im just scared if Cj would end up like that!

Spicy Henne
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM

I think he will be a good one but I remember watching Mike Williams from USC and he was amazing and turned out to be a bust!!

there's no such thing as a guarantee in the draft, but Calvin Johnson doesn't have the same obvious question marks Mike Williams had coming out...that being lack of speed, and having been out of football for a year.

MrEd
10-25-2006, 06:08 PM

Mike Williams was known to be slow...thus why he fell to DET to begin with.

CJ is fast.

But the truth is, we shouldn't waste our time getting all hyped up over CJ anyway. He's sure to go top 3.

I can't see anyway in heaven, hell, or on earth that we finish below pick 10. Let's not be fooled by our standings right now. There are 9 more games for the "really" bad teams to continue to lose and us to begin to win.

Just don't see us ending up top 3.

djfresh47
10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Or Mike Williams has been in the Lions doghouse. Matt Millen has been a disaster. The difference between the two is that Johnson runs like a 4.3-4.4 and Williams runs a 4.6.

Dmancari23
10-25-2006, 06:49 PM

CJ is fast.

But the truth is, we shouldn't waste our time getting all hyped up over CJ anyway. He's sure to go top 3.

I can't see anyway in heaven, hell, or on earth that we finish below pick 10. Let's not be fooled by our standings right now. There are 9 more games for the "really" bad teams to continue to lose and us to begin to win.

Just don't see us ending up top 3.We will DEFINITELY have a top 10 pick. Those "really" bad teams you're talking about.... We're one of them. Possibly the worst now that Oakland got a W.

SQuinn17
10-25-2006, 08:16 PM
cj is a hell of alot faster

Sirspud
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
We will DEFINITELY have a top 10 pick. Those "really" bad teams you're talking about.... We're one of them. Possibly the worst now that Oakland got a W.

We may not finish above pick 10, but I still believe we are capable of winning a lot more than we have. Then again, this team always surprises me, and we lack the talent on either side of the football that the 2004 team at least had on defense.

Gonzo
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
We will DEFINITELY have a top 10 pick. Those "really" bad teams you're talking about.... We're one of them. Possibly the worst now that Oakland got a W.Worse than Oakland? Clueless. Wow, they beat a team that completely imploded and came out in total disarray 6 days before. Neato. That team is ****ing horrible.

Alex44
10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
We will get better but our schedule isnt easy from here on out. So I can easily see a top 5 or 10 pick

Calvin Johnson is my pick. Larry Fitzgerald with speed.

gunn34
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
We will DEFINITELY have a top 10 pick. Those "really" bad teams you're talking about.... We're one of them. Possibly the worst now that Oakland got a W.

You're right. I see us as a top 3 pick. We could push for #1. Too many supporters have rose colored glasses on. I've watched and supported all the games. The truth is...we suck!

DUB
10-25-2006, 08:49 PM

You said it. Not only did we have a poor offseason, but we are not healthy and have whater you call the OPPOSITE of momentum.

LouisOliver#25
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM

CJ is fast.

Just don't see us ending up top 3.

excuse me, we are one of the bad teams.. Top 3 pick is not far-fetched!!!

Mainge
10-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Agreed.

Dors156
10-25-2006, 10:56 PM
i knew mike would screw up after missing a whole year.it was obvious to me

Stitches
10-25-2006, 11:21 PM
i knew mike would screw up after missing a whole year.it was obvious to me

It was obvious he would struggle returning to form. But I don't know if you can say he screwed anything up. His only screw up was signing an agent when he declared for the draft(not knowing 100% if he'd wind up being eligible), because had he not done that he most liekley would have been allowed back on USC's team. But I can't even fault him for that, for wanting to take the best opportunities that are presented in front of him.

Yardbird99
10-26-2006, 12:27 AM
There's no way we would loose to bad teams, like Houston and Green Bay.

MrEd
10-27-2006, 10:08 AM

Well, we'll see as the season progresses. I actually "hope" we do end up top 3 but I just don't think that we are "that" bad to do so. Plus, I don't think Saban wants to for some reason.

Stitches
10-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Well, we'll see as the season progresses. I actually "hope" we do end up top 3 but I just don't think that we are "that" bad to do so. Plus, I don't think Saban wants to for some reason.

I don't think I'd want to if I was a coach either, because losing, seems to get the fans and media calling for your head. Why would he want more of that? Also, why would he want more people questioning his draft picks all the time, just because they aren't all pros yet? You know people will, if he drafts top three, and the person isn't an all pro by year 2.