PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn Jr is the next Bush at WR...

MrEd
10-25-2006, 11:45 PM
After watching highlights of this guy...I feel much better if we don't finish top 3 in the draft...not a bad plan B:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYWOYFlXICo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYFd9CLaqvk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FjFnH0On20E

Tell me what ya'll think:cooldude:

305TillIDie
10-25-2006, 11:49 PM
i dont know if he will be a great WR in the NFL but he does have blazing speed

he has to get better at blocking and route running

MrEd
10-25-2006, 11:54 PM
i dont know if he will be a great WR in the NFL but he does have blazing speed

he has to get better at blocking and route running

I think that teaming him with Chambers and Hagan next year with Vick a year into his development would bring our offense to a new dimension.

Where did you see those flaws in the highlights I provided?

305TillIDie
10-26-2006, 12:01 AM
I think that teaming him with Chambers and Hagan next year with Vick a year into his development would bring our offense to a new dimension.

Where did you see those flaws in the highlights I provided?the games i watched OSU, his blocking isnt 1st round blocking for a recevier..he may be a great kick returner and punt returner, but playing agaisnt big CBs and Safeties in the NFL? he has to work on them things in order to be a great receiver at the next level

Santana Moss for example, is a complete receiver..at Miami, he blocked great, fast, route running sharp..speed isnt everthing

The Confessor
10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
The next Bush? Are you referring to Reggie Bush? Last time I checked, he still played Running back. And he isnt exactly tearing the league up....
Also, are you referring to Marcus Vick?.......:shakeno: :shakeno:

CrazyCarl
10-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Reggie Bush is EXTREMELY overrated.. he hasnt done anything this season except get a perfectly blocked punt return for an easy TD..

He is a bust (For where he went and the expectations tagged to him) Like I had said all along..

305TillIDie
10-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Reggie Bush is EXTREMELY overrated.. he hasnt done anything this season except get a perfectly blocked punt return for an easy TD..

He is a bust (For where he went and the expectations tagged to him) Like I had said all along..you calling a guy a bust after a couple of games of his rookie season?

wow...

MrEd
10-26-2006, 12:26 AM

He is a bust (For where he went and the expectations tagged to him) Like I had said all along..

Don't worry, I know Bush is overrated. I've argued that with my friends. Just reminded me of him with his speed and runbacks.

The Confessor
10-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Don't worry, I know Bush is overrated. I've argued that with my friends. Just reminded me of him with his speed and runbacks.

Thats cool. I do now see your point. The style, not the persona is very similar.

Bush is overated to date, but it kindve isnt fair to him. Nobody could live up to the hype machine that has followed him. Barry Sanders wasnt hyped nearly as much as Bush....
Of course, I still dont think he was close to being the best player coming out last year....not even the top 2 runningbacks. (Maroney and D-Williams):wink:

Alex44
10-26-2006, 12:46 AM
My concerns with him

1) Route running

2) Blocking

3) The fact that you just dont run straight passed everyone in the NFL, there are going to be guys his speed

DonShula84
10-26-2006, 12:49 AM
My concerns with him

1) Route running

2) Blocking

3) The fact that you just dont run straight passed everyone in the NFL, there are going to be guys his speed

Yep

MarinoForPres
10-26-2006, 12:58 AM
he will be a peter warrick type guy i ate when ppl hype up players to much let ted ginn be ted ginn and earn his worh on the field. i know he is a good college ball player but to compare him to bush or any other guy is wrong. dont get me wrong you can compare players but ginn and bush are totally diffrent in my mind.

KingCrowder
10-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Ted Ginn Jr is the next Bush at WR...

After watching highlights of this guy...I feel much better if we don't finish top 3 in the draft...not a bad plan B:

If you mean a highly over rated player than yes.

CrazyCarl
10-26-2006, 01:08 AM
you calling a guy a bust after a couple of games of his rookie season?

wow...

I am calling him a bust because I personally dont like him or all the "hype" and comparisons he got for a guy who cant run between the tackles and hasnt shown he can run the ball at the NFL level yet in the slightest bit..

Could he prove me wrong? Sure. However I will consider him a bust for 1) All the hype 2) The comparisons 3) The slot he was drafted in and the money he demanded he get because of such hype

Chavez Ravine
10-26-2006, 01:19 AM
The next Reggie Bush! You mean a guy w/ 11 catches for 65 yards

YES!!!! What a game breaker!

WelcomeBack
10-26-2006, 01:59 AM

There are not many 'Can't miss' prospects this draft. I feel that if we are in position for one of the players, we have to take them. I don't feel Ted Ginn has all the intangibles to be a dominant receiver. He could be a deep threat, but not much more at this stage. Being a receiver is a lot more than catching the ball (which is all highlight reels show players doing). He needs to improve his blocking, his route running, etc.

If given the options, I would probably take Brady Quinn, Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Brian Brohm, Sam Baker, Laron Landry, and Jake Long before I took Ginn. But that is just my opinion.

downfield
10-26-2006, 03:21 AM
Ginn does remind me of Steve Smith, cat quick. However, he is a bit taller than Smith, and perhaps not as "jukey smooth." But, I love that speed.

WelcomeBack
10-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Ginn does remind me of Steve Smith, cat quick. However, he is a bit taller than Smith, and perhaps not as "jukey smooth." But, I love that speed.

The thing that sets them apart though is route running. Ginn can have great speed, but at the NFL level, it isn't enough cause the corners are fast too. He needs to be able to run that route and get seperation from the defender. Until he can do that, give me CJ as a WR.

calmrage
10-26-2006, 06:21 AM
the games i watched OSU, his blocking isnt 1st round blocking for a recevier..he may be a great kick returner and punt returner, but playing agaisnt big CBs and Safeties in the NFL? he has to work on them things in order to be a great receiver at the next level

Santana Moss for example, is a complete receiver..at Miami, he blocked great, fast, route running sharp..speed isnt everthing

Actually, you might want to watch Ginn a little more. He's got world class speed (he can sustain 27 MPH running!), he is a very good to excellant and very willing blocker, and a very good and clean route runner. He will be an NFL superstar!

DonShula84
10-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Actually, you might want to watch Ginn a little more. He's got world class speed (he can sustain 27 MPH running!), he is a very good to excellant and very willing blocker, and a very good and clean route runner. He will be an NFL superstar!

I agree with everything you just said, except him being a good route runner and blocker...It takes more than speed to be a great WR in the NFL, he'll make plays, but I dont see him as a #1 dominate WR. Ginn is good, I wouldnt even consider taking him over Johnson though. Also Ginn has improved his route running since last season it seems to me from the few games I've seen of him this year.

calmrage
10-26-2006, 06:31 AM
I agree with everything you just said, except him being a good route runner and blocker...It takes more than speed to be a great WR in the NFL, he'll make plays, but I dont see him as a #1 dominate WR.

As someone who hasn't missed an Ohio State game in about 20 years and has watched every one of Ted Ginn's games in the Scarlet & Grey, I would agree with you if you were correct. Watch Ted more closely.

Motion
10-26-2006, 07:08 AM

:shakeno: Ginn is FAR from a top 3 pick. The next Bush? And what exactly is that at this point? Bush hasn't done anything special in the NFL yet.

PHINANALYST
10-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Ginn reminds me of another receiver .... Terry Glenn ... who Parcell's had to call out several times before he finally got on the bus ...

Glenn is good, but he is no Marvin Harrison .... or Chad Johnson ... or may others ....

He'll have to adjust his game at the NFL level.

Stitches
10-26-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm not saying they are similar, but if you wanted to compare Ginn to another OSU reciever it would be Galloway, not Glenn.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-26-2006, 08:35 AM
really no reason at all to compare him to reggie bush.

and he's definitely faster than bush. and everyone else, for that matter.

SQuinn17
10-26-2006, 08:36 AM
wow...i didn know ginn was that fast

Run'n'gun Udown
10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
it's funny how he's already 10-20 yards up the field by the time the defenders get turned around to chase. HAHA

Majpain
10-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Ginn has Moss speed. He just needs to bulk up so he can pass/run block better. His route running will improve in the pros. I rather we take CJ, best all-around WR in the draft. I love that size.

jason8er
10-26-2006, 09:48 AM
The good news here is that no one is comparing him to another college blazer, Rae Carruth.

tyson22
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM
hasnt shown he can run the ball at the NFL level yet in the slightest bit

c,mon man, you cant be serious:shakeno: have you even seen him playthis year? he splits carries with duece, whos still an excelent RB, so that may account for not having huge stats. as far as not "showing he can run the ball at the nfl level", well thats just an absurd statement, sorry. you seriously couldnt have seen him play yet.

Don't worry, I know Bush is overrated. I've argued that with my friends

your friends are right.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-26-2006, 12:09 PM
bush hasn't proven he can run at an NFL level at all. he's allright between the tackles, nothing special, but when he goes outside, which is supposedly his speciality, he's not good at all. the speed is too much for him. as it stands, he's just an average between-the-tackles runner.

victacious
11-02-2006, 06:16 PM
speed kills and you can't teach speed

Stitches
11-02-2006, 06:29 PM
speed kills and you can't teach speed
It is easier to lose speed than intelligence though. And if you have intelligence, you can be coached in every other aspect of the game.

Kdawg954
11-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Man, some of u guys are clueless . . . judging REggie Bush as a "bust" his first year . . . you have gotta be kidding me.

gillderais
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
With the recent surge our team is making, I expect us to win a couple more games and finish the season strong.

As a result, however, we're no longer gonna draft as high as expected. Which means I have to assume that Brady Quinn, Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas and Adrian Peterson could all be gone by the time we get to make our pick.

The question then arises do you draft offense or defense, as there are some good candidates whichever way you go. If I strictly look at the offensive players available, I too would give a hard look at Ted Ginn, Jr. as he is definately an impact player at WR. He could help our quarterback and bring a new dimension to our offense. Right now I only want Ginn, Jr. if he is BPA.

Gardenhead
11-06-2006, 06:05 PM
You can teach blocking technique and route running.

You can't teach blazing speed. And blocking for WRs is overrated. If Ginn can get open deep a few times per game, and Daunte hits him, who cares about how he blocks?!?!

Alex44
11-06-2006, 06:11 PM
You can teach blocking technique and route running.

You can't teach blazing speed. And blocking for WRs is overrated. If Ginn can get open deep a few times per game, and Daunte hits him, who cares about how he blocks?!?!

On any good outside run there is a key block by a WR, its actually a very important skill

I dont even think Ginn is going to be all that good of a WR anyway, all he can do its outrun people, and thats not what being a WR is about

Gardenhead
11-06-2006, 06:14 PM
WRs need to do a lot of things.

If you got great hands and great speed, I don't care if your blocking is bad. How good of a blocker is Steve Smith? Laverneous Coles?

I'll take subpar blocking (which can improve with practice) on a WR with great hands and blazing speed every day of the week.

ChambersWI
11-06-2006, 06:22 PM
WRs need to do a lot of things.

If you got great hands and great speed, I don't care if your blocking is bad. How good of a blocker is Steve Smith? Laverneous Coles?

I'll take subpar blocking (which can improve with practice) on a WR with great hands and blazing speed every day of the week.

they're actually both very good blockers.

All Ginn has right now his speed. He's not very tough, and he can't make the tough catch.

His entire career he's benefitted from having another great WR beside him (either Holmes or Gonzo), a QB that can run (Smith), and a tough RB (Pittman).

Ginn will be good in about 3-4 years, but he's a rawer prospect than Troy Williamson was. His recieving stats look good because people are either A)Taking the deep route away, giving up the middle of the field or B) playing a zone and Ginn runs right buy him.

Trust me, as a guy in Big 10 Country the most NFL ready WR is Kevin Hardy of Indiana. Then the next two guys most ready for the NFL play for Michigan and Ohio State, but their not Ginn or Manningham they're Anthony Gonzalas and Adrian Arrington.

Manningham is 4th on the list, because he is a sophomore, that is still refining his route running (big play guy, not over the middle yet). Ginn is 5th because he has not had to be a go to guy in his career.

Don't get me wrong, Ginn is a first round talent. But he if he enters the draft this year, he is not worth a top 10 pick.