PDA

View Full Version : World's Largest Cocktail Party Thread

finswin56
10-26-2006, 10:19 AM
:woot: Florida vs. Georgia is almost here.
Something like 240 RV's pulled into Jacksonville's Alltel stadium on Wednesday. Now

finswin56
10-26-2006, 10:21 AM
:woot: It's almost Saturday!
Something like 240 RV's pulled into Jacksonville's Alltel stadium on Wednesday. Now that's a preparty :eek:

Motion
10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

We'll not be using that title this year.

:lol:

finswin56
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/adminfinger.gif

We'll not be using that title this year.

:lol:That only goes for the uptight Georgia fans :D

Motion
10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
That only goes for the uptight Georgia fans :D

Actually it was a joint decision by both school's presidents. Not gonna stop any of the drinking, just trying to be more PC.

finswin56
10-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Actually it was a joint decision by both school's presidents. Not gonna stop any of the drinking, just trying to be more PC.Wasn't it requested by the Georgia President? Either way, it's silly. Definitely not going to stop the party.

Have you ever been to that game? I've only been once, and it was the best atmosphere I've been to to.

Cuban Dave 9
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm gonna be up there...and I will personally make sure the name stays...well at least amoung the fans. There will be plenty of drinking

I think it is hypocritical to be PC about "Cocktail" yet in between breaks in the game, they have a bunch of beer commercials and in the stadium itself, they sell and have bud light billboards. But whatever.

lol check the intro to the landing website: www.jacksonvillelanding.com (http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com)

finswin56
10-26-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm gonna be up there...and I will personally make sure the name stays...well at least amoung the fans. There will be plenty of drinking

I think it is hypocritical to be PC about "Cocktail" yet in between breaks in the game, they have a bunch of beer commercials and in the stadium itself, they sell and have bud light billboards. But whatever.

lol check the intro to the landing website: www.jacksonvillelanding.com (http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com)
Nice :lol:
I won't be able to make it this year, but I'm going to try again next year.

Motion
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Wasn't it requested by the Georgia President? Either way, it's silly. Definitely not going to stop the party.

Have you ever been to that game? I've only been once, and it was the best atmosphere I've been to to.

No not yet :(

My bro-in-law is going this weekend, for free :fire:

They live about 20 minutes north of Jax.

finswin56
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
No not yet :(

My bro-in-law is going this weekend, for free :fire:

They live about 20 minutes north of Jax.:lol: I was lucky enough to get free tickets last year too. You definitely need to make it to one of those games. I've been to a ton of games at UF, but this is a totally different thing. Not to mention, you can actually fit in your seats

Motion
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I saw the Fins play against Jax a couple years ago. Nice stadium. The Gators are the only one of my big 3 teams that I haven't seen play in person. I definitely will by the end of next season at the latest.

Cuban Dave 9
10-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I know it's not saying much but this is one of the best article I have read from Dodd:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9747843

finswin56
10-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, you definitley need to make a Gator game, either in Gainesville or in Jax. Let me know when you're going to go to one, I might be there and could show you around.

Did they have the fly over when you went to the game in Jax? I swear they're doing them even lower this year, and at least seemingly faster.
It's such an awesome experience... total adrenaline rush

HysterikiLL
10-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I like the Gators but I'm not a HUGE fan. I still love watching UF rivalry games though, and this one is no exception. One of my favorite games of the year. Should be great. Hopefully we get to see more TeBow too, I really like this kid.

Get Up And Go
10-26-2006, 05:50 PM
To Hell, To Hell, TO Hell with GEORGIA Cuz We're from, FLOR-I-DA

Cuban Dave 9
10-26-2006, 07:24 PM
double post?

finswin56
10-26-2006, 08:04 PM
double post?:hmmm: who'd that happen?

finswin56
10-26-2006, 08:06 PM
I like the Gators but I'm not a HUGE fan. I still love watching UF rivalry games though, and this one is no exception. One of my favorite games of the year. Should be great. Hopefully we get to see more TeBow too, I really like this kid.I think we'll se a very healthy dose of Tim Tebow on Saturday.

CrunchTime
10-26-2006, 08:13 PM
double post?

Not any more.:wink:

finswin56
10-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Not any more.:wink:Thank you kind sir :hail:

BTW, if you ever get yourself up to the northern hemisphere, come to Jax for the Fl/Ga game. We'll have a good time

Marino2Clayton
10-26-2006, 10:12 PM
It will always be the World's Largest Coctail Party and I'll be watching while tailgating at William Bryce Stadium.

finswin56
10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
It will always be the World's Largest Coctail Party and I'll be watching while tailgating at William Bryce Stadium.You're making the trip? That's pretty cool. I really hope you guys win. Totally selfish reasons of course :o I think it's going to be a tough game though.

Motion
10-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I think we'll be seeing alot of Harvin and Tebow tomorrow.

Motion
10-27-2006, 08:55 AM
[/URL]
[URL="http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Florida_Gators"]UF (http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Florida_Gators) appears to be the healthiest its been since before the Tennessee (http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=University_of_Tennessee) game in the third week of the season.

"I think so," Meyer said.
Meyer said some key players who were not 100 percent in the Auburn (http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Auburn_University) game two weeks ago - tailback DeShawn Wynn (knee), wide receiver Jemalle Cornelius (hamstring), wide receiver Percy Harvin (ankle) and defensive tackle Ray McDonald (knees) - should be full go for Saturday's game.

"The guys who played below their ability level (in the Auburn (http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Auburn_University) loss) needed a break (during last week's open date) and we've taken advantage of that," Meyer said. "DeShawn looked pretty good (Thursday) and Percy Harvin is the guy that's really full speed for the first time (since spraining his ankle in the Tennessee (http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=University_of_Tennessee) game).

"Jemalle Cornelius is just under full speed. Hopefully, a day off (today) and he'll be ready. We've got to be smart with him. He's a valuable member of our team."

Meyer said the Gators have had a good week on the practice field.

"We're ready to go," he said. "I'll be disappointed if we don't play well. Our guys have had two very good weeks of preparation and it's a great game to play in."

:woot:

finswin56
10-27-2006, 09:54 AM
I can't wait to see Harvin in the backfield.
I REALLY want to see a series or two with him an Tebow... a little glimpse of the future?

finswin56
10-28-2006, 04:27 PM
That was a very WEAK call taking back Brandon James' punt return.
That's twice this year. The call during the UT game was definitely was than this call, #87 was barely touched. That sucks, because James had him juked either way.

This kid is so much fun to watch.

Dors156
10-28-2006, 04:47 PM
gators:woot: 14-0

finswin56
10-28-2006, 04:53 PM
UF's defense is DOMINATING

Rocky Raccoon
10-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm not a college football guru, but why is this game being played in Jacksonville and not in either Georgia or Gainesville?

HysterikiLL
10-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm not a college football guru, but why is this game being played in Jacksonville and not in either Georgia or Gainesville?

neutral territory?

finswin56
10-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm not a college football guru, but why is this game being played in Jacksonville and not in either Georgia or Gainesville?All I know is it's been there since 1933. Long time fans of both schools still regard it as their schools biggest rivalry game. I don't know what the exact reasoning behind the decision was other than being a neutral field (although it does somewhat favor UF in being about 4x closer for UF).

Texas/Oklahoma is also played on a neutral field, and I think Auburn/Alabama is as well, or at least used to be.

finswin56
10-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Someone needs to kick these ****ers in the *** :tantrum: :tantrum:

It's one freaking penalty after another :tantrum: :tantrum:

Rocky Raccoon
10-28-2006, 07:03 PM
wow that was a sweet play call and a great play by Moses to not bite, and a bad play by Moses by grabbing the facemask.

finswin56
10-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Ugly win.
Second straight game the offense has come out flat in the second half.
I do give credit to Ga's defense. I under estimated them. I didn't realize that even though they've given up a lot of points, their actual yards against is 2nd in the SEC. It's the turnover prone offense that's done them in.

Stafford looks to be the real deal. That kid can really throw.

brandon1986
10-28-2006, 09:05 PM
i was sweeting bullets near the end

the offense came out flat in the second half

i think the big pars is because we didnt use deshaun wynn hardly at all

georgia did a helluva job it would have been a real nail biter if georgia could catch the ball

finswin56
10-28-2006, 10:05 PM

georgia did a helluva job it would have been a real nail biter if georgia could catch the ballTwo games in a row. No Wynn in the second half. We're getting too freaking smart. :fire:

brandon1986
10-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Two games in a row. No Wynn in the second half. We're getting too freaking smart. :fire:

i know it is driving me freaking nuts

the guy has been a major part of our success, he ran very hard the last couple seconds of the game to clinch it

HysterikiLL
10-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Man, what's up with that UF running game? Looks like there's a lot of potential there, but Meyer doesn't seem to like running the ball with a RB too much.

finswin56
10-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Man, what's up with that UF running game? Looks like there's a lot of potential there, but Meyer doesn't seem to like running the ball with a RB too much.Last year he hated every single RB on the team. Wynn was always a head case... never living up to his potential.
This Meyer supposedly likes Wynn, but he sure doesn't get him the damn ball :tantrum:

Oboy
10-29-2006, 11:21 AM

georgia did a helluva job it would have been a real nail biter if georgia could catch the ball
The stat they showed at the end was Each team had 5 dropped balls. SO, neither team was catching the ball.

Motion
10-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Definitely an ugly win. They way they started the game out I thought we'd be looking at a 30 point blow out. Seems like they just get too comfortable when they get a lead. I really wish they'd throw the ball downfield more.

finswin56
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Definitely an ugly win. They way they started the game out I thought we'd be looking at a 30 point blow out. Seems like they just get too comfortable when they get a lead. I really wish they'd throw the ball downfield more.I wish they'd run the damn thing with Wynn in the 2nd half.