PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Mangold anchoring Jets' Offensive Line

Crowder52
10-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Here's a link to a good article on Nick Mangold. Food for thought for everyone who says you can't take an interior lineman in the mid to late first round, which is what I was told whenever I suggested that he could be a solid, albeit unlikely pick for us last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-mangoldinthemiddle&prov=ap&type=lgns

Majpain
10-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Well we could always draft his sister :lol:

Nick Mangold
10-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Here's a link to a good article on Nick Mangold. Food for thought for everyone who says you can't take an interior lineman in the mid to late first round, which is what I was told whenever I suggested that he could be a solid, albeit unlikely pick for us last year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-mangoldinthemiddle&prov=ap&type=lgns

that would have been a GREAT pick for the Phins.

WOULD have.

But i'm sure theyll be more centers worth a 1st rd pick sometime in the next say..... 10 years. :lol:

See sig.

Crowder52
10-26-2006, 05:34 PM
that would have been a GREAT pick for the Phins.

WOULD have.

But i'm sure theyll be more centers worth a 1st rd pick sometime in the next say..... 10 years.

See sig.

Haha what's up Nick, didn't know you came to FinHeaven.

Nick Mangold
10-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Haha what's up Nick, didn't know you came to FinHeaven.

:cooldude:

dominizzo
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Whos his Sister

Vegas dolfan
10-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Like I said you cant go wrong with a big lineman from the big ten. Mostly ohio state, michigan, Iowa or Wisconsin.

Dolfan4life34
10-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Whos his Sister

shes one of the top lineman in iowa she only a sophmore and she squats 600 lbs she is a beast lol

destiny1
10-26-2006, 09:14 PM
:sidelol: Yeah, but wait until you see the talent Allen unleases it will be, well, well, it
will be something?

bert
10-26-2006, 09:18 PM
what sucks about the jets is they will have a fairly high draft pick again .if they pick another bad *** tackle.sign a young all pro guard.thay will have a young off line that could be dominate for the next 5 to 7 years.i wish we had those problems.

juniorseau55
10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
No offense or anything to disabled people but when I saw the word mongold I thought I read mongoloid.

Nick Mangold
10-27-2006, 05:12 PM
what sucks about the jets is they will have a fairly high draft pick again .if they pick another bad *** tackle.sign a young all pro guard.thay will have a young off line that could be dominate for the next 5 to 7 years.i wish we had those problems.

not sure how high the pick will be (not saying the jets are a playoff team this year) but i can almost guarantee the 1st 2-3 picks (we have 2 2nd rders next year - one from washington) will be defensive players (Woodley would be perfect for the Jets) and then probably a road grater guard or RT in the 2nd-3rd rd, IMO.

The phins should try to rebuild that oline through the draft, its not worth taking other teams garbage and try to build a line, they should grow and learn with the team, IMO.

Mangold has been the best draft pick the Jets have had in years and is overshadowing D'Brick (even though everyone likes D'Brick and he's doing a teriffic job for the Jets), I was SO happy they spent #4 and #29 overall on much needed O-Line help, because Oline is just as important as a good QB, or can make a decent QB look great.

Roman529
10-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I thought Mangold would make a great pickup for whoever got him. The Phins have not had a great Center since Dwight Stephenson....I hope we look at getting one soon or a LT.

VanDolPhan
10-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Mangold has been the best draft pick the Jets have had in years and is overshadowing D'Brick (even though everyone likes D'Brick and he's doing a teriffic job for the Jets), I was SO happy they spent #4 and #29 overall on much needed O-Line help, because Oline is just as important as a good QB, or can make a decent QB look great.

I wish I could make some fans around here see that. Right now Miami's fighting Oakland for that #1 spot. If Miami finishes #1, Oakland #2 and Calvin keeps strangling that #1 spot it could set up a draft day bonanza. You know Oakland would never pass on him so any team in that 3-6 slot would have to move up.

Calvin or Joe Thomas + 1st next year and a 2nd this year and later round pick.

Would be interesting cause that would make it perfectly ok to use one of those 2nd rounders on an interior linemen where some good ones should be available in the early 2nd. Thomas/James/Hadnot/Toledo/Carey. With the interior being the wildcard based on how good a guy they could get in the 2nd at guard or center. Toledo was on his way to winning the RG spot. He just has to stay healthy. With a solid 2nd round pick that interior could change dramatically. It's definately intriguing.

NorFlaFin
10-28-2006, 06:59 AM
Normally you don't take an OC in the 1st rd. Mangold is rewriting that theory.

Good for him and good for the Yets, with a solid o-line everything is possible.