PDA

View Full Version : Well, how is this for irony...

Samphin
10-27-2006, 01:29 AM
About a month ago, I was catching up with some old friends over dinner, when the topic of death came up. More specifically, how no one from our graduating class had died yet. Well, my friend Tim went as far as to say we were due.

Later that night, a friend of ours commited suicide by hanging himself. We called each other in shock and of course we were sad, but we were more freaked out about what we had said and what had gone on that same night.

Two weeks ago on Friday the 13th, we brought it up again, as we got together for my birthday. Tim says the same thing, and on Sunday the 15th, he gets into a motorcycle accident. He break his back in two places, his pelvis in four places and shattered his left leg.

I didn't even find out until today as he has been through numerous tests/transfers/operations etc. I walk into his hospital room tonight and he just loks at me and says "Ok, I take it back, we aren't due."

Kind of weird eh? Luckily, Tim is going to be ok in the long run. He probably won't wlak until next year and won't be able to resume "normal" activities (i.e. working, riding his bike, etc.) for over a year, but he should make a full recovery.

It just kind of freaked me out in a final destination type of way.

Blade
10-27-2006, 02:19 AM
WOW, thats some crazy things happenin.

sugarcane
10-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Better bring Tim a laptop and give him this link Sam,and here's to a full recovery for the guy. :)

Timmy54
10-27-2006, 08:51 AM
never tempt fate, it has a funny way of catching back up when you poke at it.

CharlestonPhan
10-27-2006, 09:19 AM
sorry to hear about both instances, and i hope your friends recovery goes as well as possible. and i also hope that the quota is filled now among your friends and acquaintances, and nothing else bad happens anytime soon.

i can remember distinctly how eerie it felt to go to two funerals for high school classmates i played football with within a year of graduating, and seeing everyone gathered their again. one was a suicide and the other was killed in an army helicopter crash. i think that is when my own mortality finally hit me. i had convinced myself that only old people died.