PDA

View Full Version : Offical Florida Gator Basketball Thread

finswin56
10-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Nearly unanimous preseason #1 ranking by the coaches.
Every starter is returning. Exciting freshman class.
Looks to be a season of great expectations for Gator basketball!

EDIT: oh yeah... Lee Humphry Made 47 straight 3 pointers in preseason…prior to the Canada stand :woot:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/gatorswin-1.jpg

Motion
10-27-2006, 12:38 PM
:woot:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2640362

Gators near-unanimous No. 1 in preseason poll

finswin56
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Long term extension for Donovan in works (http://gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061108/GATORS27/211080365)

Mike13
11-09-2006, 01:43 AM
Long term extension for Donovan in works (http://gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061108/GATORS27/211080365)

He deserves it.

nyjunc
11-09-2006, 07:45 AM
It's going to be alot harder to win it all this year, UF will have a chance but it's very difficult to reapeat and there are much better teams at the top. Good luck, I hope the Heels and Gators meet up in Atlanta.

finswin56
11-15-2006, 10:41 AM
It's going to be alot harder to win it all this year, UF will have a chance but it's very difficult to reapeat and there are much better teams at the top. Good luck, I hope the Heels and Gators meet up in Atlanta.Thanks. It would be a great match up. The moons would have to line up, but it would be really exciting.

finswin56
11-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Great night on Tuesday playing only 21 minutes.
17 points
11 boards (7 offensive)
4 blocked shots
Throw in a steal.

Everyone talks about Noah, and rightfully so after last year's tournament, but I really think Horford is the best player on the Gators' roster. I definitely think he'll be the best NBA player, but he's become a man-child.

I think he'll make a serious run for 1st team all american honors at the end of the year.

King Felix
11-15-2006, 11:24 PM
of what i watched (and remember) of corey brewer i really like him and hope the blazers could get him.

DolphinDevil28
11-15-2006, 11:28 PM
How interesting it will be to watch the defending champion Gators and my top 7 LSU Tigers play this year.

(Gator fans, it's quite obvious that Florida and LSU are the class of the SEC when it comes to athletic departments right now.)

Motion
11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
How interesting it will be to watch the defending champion Gators and my top 7 LSU Tigers play this year.

(Gator fans, it's quite obvious that Florida and LSU are the class of the SEC when it comes to athletic departments right now.)

:yes:

finswin56
11-16-2006, 08:15 AM

(Gator fans, it's quite obvious that Florida and LSU are the class of the SEC when it comes to athletic departments right now.):ffic:

finswin56
11-16-2006, 08:46 AM
of what i watched (and remember) of corey brewer i really like him and hope the blazers could get him.Brewer has the potential to be amazing. He's 6'8" or 6'9", but moves like a guard, very fast and jumps out of the gym. Has a really nice 3 point shot. Brewer's best attribute is defense. He's close to being a shut down defender.
Biggest problem is his handle. He really needs to work on that and his overall turnovers... doesn't always make the best passing decision.

BTW, his nickname is Spiderman.
He's the most exciting player on the team. He can take over a game just as quickly as anyone.

nyjunc
11-16-2006, 09:07 AM

I thought you were a duke basketball fan?

DolphinDevil28
11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
I thought you were a duke basketball fan?

Yeah, I like Duke a lot because of Coach K. I think he's the best and classiest coach in all of sports.

But I go to LSU. LSU is my first love in everything, it's just been that Duke has always been better and on TV a lot more.

Until now.

nyjunc
11-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I like Duke a lot because of Coach K. I think he's the best and classiest coach in all of sports.

But I go to LSU. LSU is my first love in everything, it's just been that Duke has always been better and on TV a lot more.

Until now.

Class and K are 2 words that do not belong in the same sentence.

DolphinDevil28
11-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Class and K are 2 words that do not belong in the same sentence.

I knew you were going to come back with that. Carolina and Maryland fans are the only people in the world who don't like Coach K.

nyjunc
11-17-2006, 06:54 AM
I knew you were going to come back with that. Carolina and Maryland fans are the only people in the world who don't like Coach K.

Others are duped by the emdia which bow to K. Ask pete gaudet about K's class, ask Greg newton, ask Mike Dunleavy, ask William Avery, ask the officials he curses at all game,, ask the fans who sit behind the bench who have to listen to him cursing at the refs and the players all game. The media portrays him one way but those who follow the situation know what he's about.

Motion
11-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Why are we talking about Coach K in the Florida Basketball thread ? :hmmm:

finswin56
11-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Gators 90-61 over Jacksonville (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=263200057)

This one was over by halftime as the Gators made 23 of their first 27 shots, shot 79 percent from the floor, compiled a 23-7 rebound advantage and recorded 18 assists on 23 baskets.

finswin56
11-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Easy win over Chattanooga 93-44
Humphrey gets his stroke back with five 3-pointers.
6 days until UF plays Kansas

finswin56
11-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm going to the game tonight! It'll be the first Gator basketball game I've seen in a few years.

finswin56
11-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Man, I had this nice long post about the Priarie View game, and my father-in-law's computer took a crap :fire:

The freshmen look pretty good, especially the 6'11'' Speights. He's very athletic, and doesn't look all that raw for someone new to basketball.
Marshall at F has some solid fundamentals... moves well w/o the ball, boxed out like crazy and owned the boards. Nothing exciting, just a very solid 4.
Powell is a 6'2" G. IDK what Donovan has in store for him, but he has really strong passing instincts, and is a great athlete. We'll see about his shot, because they had to twist his damn arm to shoot the ball.
Werner is another 6'7" F. Really good range, but kind of akward with the ball.

Hodge looked great! That dude is SO fast :eek: He played 6-7 minutes with the freshmen, and they flowed better than I expected.

Prairie View had no business being on the floor w/ UF though. It just wasn't fair with Noah and Horford out there.

Kansas tomorrow night :woot:

FinSinceBirth
11-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Man, I had this nice long post about the Priarie View game, and my father-in-law's computer took a crap :fire:

The freshmen look pretty good, especially the 6'11'' Speights. He's very athletic, and doesn't look all that raw for someone new to basketball.
Marshall at F has some solid fundamentals... moves well w/o the ball, boxed out like crazy and owned the boards. Nothing exciting, just a very solid 4.
Powell is a 6'2" G. IDK what Donovan has in store for him, but he has really strong passing instincts, and is a great athlete. We'll see about his shot, because they had to twist his damn arm to shoot the ball.
Werner is another 6'7" F. Really good range, but kind of akward with the ball.

Hodge looked great! That dude is SO fast :eek: He played 6-7 minutes with the freshmen, and they flowed better than I expected.

Prairie View had no business being on the floor w/ UF though. It just wasn't fair with Noah and Horford out there.

Kansas tomorrow night :woot:

I didn't know you were at that game Joe, I was as well. My girlfriend's mom got tickets from her boss for free. Level 2 section L row nine. Where were you sitting.

nyjunc
11-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Why is the KU game on at 11PM? That's ridiculous, it should be one of the best games of the year and half the Country will be asleep by the time it starts.

Majpain
11-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Gators Got Upset!!! 70-69!!!

Majpain
11-26-2006, 02:37 AM
No Gator fans on tonight? Will NC or OSU be the new number 1?

King Felix
11-26-2006, 03:57 AM
No Gator fans on tonight? Will NC or OSU be the new number 1?not unc they already lost

Majpain
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
not unc they already lost

WOOO OHIO ST the new number 1 :D :lol:

Phinz420
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Gators Got Upset!!! 70-69!!!
Wasnt the score 82-80?

We lost to 12 ranked Kansas in OT :boohoo:

Majpain
11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Wasnt the score 82-80?

We lost to 12 ranked Kansas in OT :boohoo:

Thats what I posted first but then I refreshed the page on ESPN and said 70-69. I was like WTF!

finswin56
11-27-2006, 12:06 AM
:tantrum: I've been out of town for a few days, and I've had very limited internet access.

Last night's game was exciting, but sucked for UF fans.
Cory Brewer played well, but was still out played. That is very rare.
Noah's line looks okay, but his defense was no where near the Joakim Noah we've seen for the past year... same thing for Horford.
59% from the line :confused: That's how you lose, every damn time against a worthy opponent. Horford's performance in particular was the killer.

The good thing about college basketball is that you can actually have a "good loss". Maybe it was too many games in a short span? Maybe it was too many patsies? Maybe it was reading too many press clippings?
IDK, but that was not the real Gators I saw out there.
They were largely uncohesive offensively, and were running in all the wrong directions on defense.

Props belong to Kansas, because (short of UF's free throw woes) Kansas can claim responsibility for Florida playing that way.

Redemption vs. OSU is less than a month away :woot:

So, no one posts here when UF is winning, but as soon as the Gators lose one you guys start coming out of the woodwork :lol:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

finswin56
11-27-2006, 12:08 AM
I didn't know you were at that game Joe, I was as well. My girlfriend's mom got tickets from her boss for free. Level 2 section L row nine. Where were you sitting.
Bench side, second level, half way up, center court. Very nice free seats :D
IDK the section numbers and stuff

I'll let you know next time I'm going.

finswin56
11-29-2006, 11:13 AM
The blood work came back Tuesday morning and the news was not good. Florida junior forward Corey Brewer (http://gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Corey_Brewer), who played through the Las Vegas Invitational over the weekend with the flu, was diagnosed with mononucleosis before Florida's game with Southern.

With Brewer out and forward Joakim Noah (http://gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Joakim_Noah) ailing with flu-like systems, Florida still held winless Southern to a record-low point total in the shot-clock era. The fourth-ranked Gators beat the Jaguars 83-27, relying on their freshman class for much of the second half.http://gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061129/GATORS02/211290345

That really sucks if it's Mono. It also explains some of poor play by Brewer and Noah that past two games.

Dors156
12-02-2006, 06:54 PM
:tantrum: I've been out of town for a few days, and I've had very limited internet access.

Last night's game was exciting, but sucked for UF fans.
Cory Brewer played well, but was still out played. That is very rare.
Noah's line looks okay, but his defense was no where near the Joakim Noah we've seen for the past year... same thing for Horford.
59% from the line :confused: That's how you lose, every damn time against a worthy opponent. Horford's performance in particular was the killer.

The good thing about college basketball is that you can actually have a "good loss". Maybe it was too many games in a short span? Maybe it was too many patsies? Maybe it was reading too many press clippings?
IDK, but that was not the real Gators I saw out there.
They were largely uncohesive offensively, and were running in all the wrong directions on defense.

Props belong to Kansas, because (short of UF's free throw woes) Kansas can claim responsibility for Florida playing that way.

Redemption vs. OSU is less than a month away :woot:

So, no one posts here when UF is winning, but as soon as the Gators lose one you guys start coming out of the woodwork :lol:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:escape:

:hide:

loved that game it was great. im mad KU lost today to Depaul:shakeno:

King Felix
12-02-2006, 06:59 PM
kansas lost to depaul

Majpain
12-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Ohio St has Oden back. Uf game is going to be awsome!

Dors156
12-02-2006, 11:44 PM
kansas lost to depaul

:shakeno:

im not so happy about that right now

finswin56
12-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Ohio St has Oden back. Uf game is going to be awsome!:yes: 21 days

NorthFloridaFin
12-03-2006, 10:42 PM
How 'bout Them 'noles!!!!!! 70-66

brech10
12-04-2006, 12:07 AM
congrats on the national championship bid...you deserve it.

but allow us to enjoy the (seriously) huge implications of our win over UF in basketball tonight.
Last year, they left FSU out of the NCAA tournament with a 20-win season, and a 9-7 record in the ACC (the best conf. in college basketball) because they were unimpressed with our out-of-conference wins (BS).

Can they say that again this year?

Billy Donovan's breakdown of the game:
"Turnovers ... and our inability to have an answer for Al Thornton."

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/img9847463-1.jpg

finswin56
12-04-2006, 12:42 AM
congrats on the national championship bid...you deserve it.

but allow us to enjoy the (seriously) huge implications of our win over UF in basketball tonight.
Last year, they left FSU out of the NCAA tournament with a 20-win season, and a 9-7 record in the ACC (the best conf. in college basketball) because they were unimpressed with our out-of-conference wins (BS).

Can they say that again this year?

Billy Donovan's breakdown of the game:
"Turnovers ... and our inability to have an answer for Al Thornton."

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img9847463.jpg
Great job by FSU tonight. You guys have really improved over the past few years. This game used to be a gimme. Last year UF was put on notice. This year FSU made sure we knew they weren't screwing around.

IDK what's going on in Gainesville, but they're running around lately like they've never played together. Looks like UF needs to lose a few more to get their **** together.

Noah must be really sick, because he looks like a freshman again.

Oh well, this is what I get for my prayers being answered with the BCS.

Good luck in the ACC this year.

FinSinceBirth
12-17-2006, 01:54 AM
It isn't good for Uf right now with Horford hobbling with an ankle sprain. He has been very crucial to the offense this year. I just hope he's back in time for OSU. Also Brewer should be back soon.

PS. My girlfriend's mom got tickets again. So we're going to the stetson game. Yea I know it's not a big game, but a game none the less.

finswin56
12-17-2006, 08:14 AM
It isn't good for Uf right now with Horford hobbling with an ankle sprain. He has been very crucial to the offense this year. I just hope he's back in time for OSU. Also Brewer should be back soon.

PS. My girlfriend's mom got tickets again. So we're going to the stetson game. Yea I know it's not a big game, but a game none the less.
Nice, any game is good to go to.
New girlfriend?

I'm just glad all this crap is happening now instead of in March (hopefully).

FinSinceBirth
12-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Nice, any game is good to go to.
New girlfriend?

I'm just glad all this crap is happening now instead of in March (hopefully).

Yes, new girlfriend. And I too am glad this is happening now. This is what I like about college basketball, you don't need to be number 1 to make it to the NC. Also I don't know how you feel, but I think some of the hype and success has gotten to our heads. I think we need another losing streak like last season to get these boys back into shape.

finswin56
12-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Yes, new girlfriend. And I too am glad this is happening now. This is what I like about college basketball, you don't need to be number 1 to make it to the NC. Also I don't know how you feel, but I think some of the hype and success has gotten to our heads. I think we need another losing streak like last season to get these boys back into shape.:yes:

Let's catch a game after the holidays.

FinSinceBirth
12-18-2006, 12:39 AM
:yes:

Let's catch a game after the holidays.

Sounds good. You stop by early enough we'll make sure we have a good meal ready.

finswin56
12-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Sounds good. You stop by early enough we'll make sure we have a good meal ready.
:fatman: <me with your mom's cooking

King Felix
12-23-2006, 06:52 PM
talk about a blow-out, its hard to imagine florida losing but yet theyve lost twice(once injury bug got em)

noah is just too weak for the next level imo. odens wasnt very impressive.

aaaaaand i stay by my statement, cory brewer is one of my fav. ncaa players and i really really really hope somehow he ends up in portland.

Phinz420
12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Green was absolutely lights out tonight!

Go Gators!

:bling:

Roman529
12-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Having just watched the Gators and Buckeyes game I have to say I think Noah is ready for the NBA, while Oden probably has more potential but he doesn't look like he is ready for the NBA just yet. Noah had been going against college players while Oden has played against high school guys. Oden should be better once his wrist is healed.

FinSinceBirth
12-23-2006, 07:27 PM
noah is just too weak for the next level imo.

He is actually a lot stronger than you think considering his wiry frame. Plus he can always hit the weight foom if need be. I don't think it's too big of a deal.

IMO I think they all have bright futures in the NBA. Horford and Green maybe the be the best of the four.

King Felix
12-23-2006, 07:29 PM
horford has the best future imo.

FinSinceBirth
12-23-2006, 07:51 PM
horford has the best future imo.

That's a given, but I think we'll see Green be a very good point guard at the next level.

finswin56
12-23-2006, 11:06 PM
That was the sweetest damn victory in quite some time :D

Oden is the truth! For being injured still, and obviously not in shape, he still had a noticable effect on the game. He looks like he's 45. I hope he jumps to the NBA before he really figures his game out and owns the NCAA.

Horford was inspirational. Despite all the press for Noah, Horford's best all-around player on the team, and the guy with the brightest NBA future.

This is the team I've been waiting to see all year. After the first 5 minutes, Green was outstanding (all those early turnovers had me going :tantrum: though).
Lee Humpry, was scoring inside??? Hell yeah!
Corey Brewer, just makes me shake my head. At 6'9", he can shut any player PG-PF down. He can shoot the ball like no one's business, and he jumps the passing lane like a pesky little G. I believe he actually had a good game handling the ball, which is my biggest worry with him. Spiderman is the most exciting guy to watch on the Gators!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/ncb_us_brewer_412-1.jpg

brandon1986
12-23-2006, 11:30 PM
man ohio state was gator bait

that barring the first 5 minutes was the best i have seen the gators play since the championship game last year

horford/brewer/noah are my favorites on the team i met noah before and got his autograph, just after they won the championship last year he is a very nice guy

but horford i think is going to be something special in the NBA even a hurt ankle could not stop him

1 ohio state loss to florida, one more to go

Motion
12-24-2006, 12:10 AM

A sign of things to come!

finswin56
12-24-2006, 12:10 AM
With a few minutes to play, the crowd chanted "over-rated." They followed that with chants of "just like football.":evil:

finswin56
01-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm going to the Arkansas game tonight :woot:
I can't wait. That place is going to be nuts. I'm taking my three year old for his first game of any sort other than high school. I'm spoiling him rotten :D

Phinz420
01-09-2007, 01:57 PM

:hi5::1st:

finswin56
01-10-2007, 10:59 AM

:hail:

finswin56
01-10-2007, 01:09 PM
That place exploded when the football team came out. They didn't show much on TV. Baker, Nelson, McDonald, and Tebow all spoke to the crowd. Baker was funny, saying Meyer needs to find out how to make him eligible until he's 30.
Meyer said that Nelson made him promise that he wouldn't make Reggie speak. So, of course he handed Reggie the mic. When Reggie finished, the crowd began the "One more year!" chant. Meyer made sure Reggie understood it saying, "They want one more year Reggie" with a big smile.

Meyer didn't miss a beat. At the end of his short speech he reminded everyone of how bright the future was bringing Harvin and Tebow up front, then having Tebow address the crowd.

As the football team started to leave, the basketball team was coming out. The first few guys ran along the top of the court like they normally do, but then Noah came out. He sprinted straight to the team and was followed by the rest. They were all giving out high five's and hugs. It was pretty cool. First play of the second half was that alley-oop. Just drove the crowd nuts.

Their backs were to me, and I couldn't get very close, but here's a pic with Meyer speaking.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1168448892 (http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/finswin/IMG_1045.jpg?t=1168448892)

And here's one of the Gator's MLB in 2021 :D
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1168448744 (http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/finswin/IMG_1048.jpg?t=1168448744)

EDIT: ugh, for some reason the pics only show up as links. Anyone know how to fix this?

finswin56
01-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Rolling 84-50 over S. Carolina.
Lee Humphrey went nuts with 27, and SC was held to 9 points in the second half until the last minute when UF put in the scrubs.

finswin56
01-15-2007, 11:30 PM
How could I forget?

Gators ranked #1 :woot:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankingsindex

finswin56
02-03-2007, 08:07 AM
3 pm today. Bring on those Vols!
I'll be bringing my son again. Now I just have to figure out how to explain to a three year old that one team wearing orange is no good, but the other team wearing the orange warm-up's and blue accents is good. :nono: He's just not going to be able to reconcile that one.

finswin56
02-03-2007, 08:45 PM
That was pretty damn sweet!
7 1/2 minutes into the game, UF's lead was >10, and they never led by less than 10 the rest of the game. It wasn't much of a game if you were watching on tv.
Al Horford flat out dominated.

The name of this game was rebounds. UF 40, UT 21.
UF shot 55%, and was better than 50% from 3.
The lead only fell below 20 with about 4 minutes left because UT had apparently reached their limit of fouls. At that point no blood no call for UT.

I'll say this about Tennesse, Wayne Chism is going to be a force. That's a freshman with all around game.

finswin56
02-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Oh baby! 9pm Saturday night.
The best thing on tv will be UF at UK. Not only do you get #1 at #18, but you get a budding rivalry, and a home team that hasn't allowed the last two visiting #1 ranked teams to leave with a win.

Oh yea, and you'll get at least a dozen obligatory shots of the best thing Kentucky has going for them.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/t1_judd_elsa_getty-1.jpg
:drool:

Mainge
02-11-2007, 01:15 PM
LMAO! :sidelol: Read this:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=2761782

You're not going to believe this one. Joakim Noah literally had to cool down teammate Corey Brewer by slapping out flames on the backside of his pajamas last week in the dorm room the two share with fellow Florida juniors Al Horford and Taurean Green.

The scare, which Noah, Brewer and a few of the extended staff were chuckling about late Saturday night, occurred a week ago Wednesday, on the day the Gators played host to Vanderbilt. The incident wasn't publicized and Brewer was a bit surprised when asked about it as he walked toward the team bus.

"Who told you? Jo?" Brewer asked, laughing. "You remember the opening in the kitchen where you look through [to the living room]? Well, Jo's mom had come in and lit some candles to clean the place up and I didn't know. I was standing there and I felt my butt get hot.

"I looked behind me and I was on fire," said Brewer. "So, I was about to drop down when Jo hit me. He put the fire out and burned his hand."

Sure enough Noah has a burn mark about an inch long on the back of his right hand.

"I saved his life," said Noah, smiling through his response. "My mom had candles everywhere and Corey had these $5 pajamas on that he had never worn before. He just caught on fire. You should see it. He's got this hole on the back the size of four or five eggs. I was just hitting at it. Maybe that's the only way to slow him down."

finswin56
02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
LMAO! :sidelol: Read this:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=2761782
:lol: We'l have to find a new nickname for Corey. Spiderman just doesn't do this justice.

Exciting game last night. Florida couldn't hit water falling out of a boat in the second half. I guess the silver lining in last night's win is this: even playing their C game, UF can beat a tough, ranked, conference opponent on the road in an EXTREMELY hostile environment. That's not so bad after reading it. I felt much worse about the Gator's game last night, than I do now.

Roman529
02-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh baby! 9pm Saturday night.
The best thing on tv will be UF at UK. Not only do you get #1 at #18, but you get a budding rivalry, and a home team that hasn't allowed the last two visiting #1 ranked teams to leave with a win.

Oh yea, and you'll get at least a dozen obligatory shots of the best thing Kentucky has going for them.
http://www.cnnsi.com/magazine/features/si50/states/kentucky/essay/t1_judd_elsa_getty.jpg
:drool:

Ashley Judd....yum yum. :eek:

finswin56
02-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Well, that was pathetic. Nothing worked, no shooting, turnovers left and right, couldn't stop Vandy's shot.
Vandy played great, can't take anything away from them. I always hate when UF goes to Nashville. If it's possible for a basketball court to be gimmicky, Vandy's is. Bench under the hoop, and the stands are so far away. I think Minnesota? has an odd setup with the height of the court. IDK, it's just weird in Nashville. I've heard over the years that visiting teams are thrown off by the stands being so far back, affecting their depth perception. My buddy who's a basketball coach says the bench being under the hoops has to drive the coaches nuts since they can't communicate up and down the court, especially when there are foul shots at the other end.

Anyway, hopefully this will refocus the team. They looked lost the entire game.

nyjunc
02-18-2007, 11:05 AM
UF is assured a 1 seed(unless they tanked it which obviously won't happen) so any loss at this point is not a big deal.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Florida was due for this loss. The last couple of games they played were closer then they should have been and you just got the feeling they were going to take an L. I mean Alabama should have beat them the game before but blew a huge lead and played like crap in the 2nd half. No big deal for Florida, just a bad day that was due. They'll be a #1 and should still win the SEC tournament!

finswin56
02-25-2007, 09:29 AM
I really hope they're getting all this crap out of their system now.
The turnovers are bothering me much more than the shooting. I have no doubt that the shooting will turn around.
But, the turnovers... IDK what the deal is, but they look mentally tired. Al Horford is the only one playing worth a damn right now. I've always said that he's the best player on the team, but Noah's the one they need to get it together. He's the emotional leader, and when he's rolling, the team moves with him.

finswin56
02-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Attention:
Calling the real Florida Gators!
Please step forward, play some ****ing defense!

I really don't care that this losing slide mirrors last year's. Enough is enough. I'm still not too concerned with the shooting. A team with good shooters will always straighten itself out. It's the turnovers and defense that totally baffles me. I'm just a normal fan, w/o much x's and o's insight, so I can't really say what's wrong. But, I know this: a few weeks ago UF had one of the best if not the best defensive FG%. The last three losses they've allowed 57.1%, 51.1%, and 58% shooting. The loss against LSU (only 51.1% :rolleyes: ) they were out rebounded 34-22, W/O Big Baby!!! :tantrum:

finswin56
04-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Gator Nation is officially spoiled

Skeet84
04-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Gator Nation is officially spoiled

:yes: :cooldude:

Motion
04-03-2007, 08:22 AM

Motion
04-03-2007, 08:23 AM

Motion
04-03-2007, 08:24 AM

Motion
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM

Cuban Dave 9
04-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Damn...I'm just speachless...We own Ohio State

finswin56
04-03-2007, 09:44 AM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/brewerchamps2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/BrewerChamps.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/brewerdunk2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/brewerdunk.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/brewer3.jpg
Spiderman
Spiderman
Does what ever a spider can...

Motion
04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Spiderman
Spiderman
Does what ever a spider can...

I love how he was wearing the old school Penny Hardaway shoes the whole tourney. :D

Mike13
04-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Damn Its gotta be a ****ty year for OSU fans.

dolphinkev
04-03-2007, 11:18 AM
i'm an osu fan nothing to be ashamed of, the more experainced & better team won. i wasn't really expecting to make it too the championship game this year anyway.

Prime Time
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
FSU fans must really hate OSU right now :lol:

dolphinkev
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
yeah you're right on that, dont have too worry about fsu winning a national title in b-ball.:lol:

Mike13
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
yeah you're right on that, dont have too worry about fsu winning a national title in b-ball.:lol:

Or in anything for that matter.:lol:

FinSinceBirth
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Who else was screaming at the absolutely unbalanced officiating last night? If we weren't that much better than OSU I would have been worried.

Motion
04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Who else was screaming at the absolutely unbalanced officiating last night? If we weren't that much better than OSU I would have been worried.

Don't tell Majpain that, he's been complaining the calls were in Florida's favor. :shakeno:

FinSinceBirth
04-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Don't tell Majpain that, he's been complaining the calls were in Florida's favor. :shakeno:

Are you serious? There is no way that Oden had 1 foul while our big men had 12. Just look at the play where Oden basically murdered brewer, and then when Chris Richard fouled out because he was boxing out.

Motion
04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Are you serious? There is no way that Oden had 1 foul while our big men had 12. Just look at the play where Oden basically murdered brewer, and then when Chris Richard fouled out because he was boxing out.

Don't have to tell me bro :D

finswin56
04-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I dropped my monthly quota of F bombs in the first half alone. It was unreal.

finswin56
04-05-2007, 09:44 AM
"We've kind of turned Ohio State into Runner-up U., haven't we?" said Spurrier, a Gator alumnus.:evil:

Motion
04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
:lol: Nice!

finswin56
04-05-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/05/propertyofufbl3-1.png

finswin56
04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Great idea to retire all 5 starters numbers together. I also like Horford's suggestion of adding Richard too.
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10108758/2

finswin56
05-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Jai Lucas waited - and waited. Well, finally the unsigned senior point guard and McDonald's All-American announced his decision at a news conference on Monday afternoon. The 5-foot-10 floor leader chose between Florida, Kentucky and Oklahoma State.

Jai Lucas (Scout.com, No. 46), one of the top unsigned seniors in the country, announced he will sign with Florida at a news conference on Monday afternoon.

Lucas will now turn his efforts and try and lure his friend, Patrick Patterson, to go to school with him in Gainesville.
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/643906.htm

Let's hope Patterson listens well :D

Motion
05-15-2007, 09:10 AM

finswin56
05-17-2007, 09:45 AM

Let's hope Patterson listens well :D

Apparently his phone was broken

Patterson is going to UK
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10184663/rss
:nono:

Motion
05-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Apparently his phone was broken

Patterson is going to UK
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10184663/rss
:nono:

Bummer

Mike13
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM

Too bad Patterson didn't come with him.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/05/propertyofufbl3-1.png

Where can I buy one?:lol:

finswin56
05-17-2007, 10:33 AM

Too bad Patterson didn't come with him.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/355/propertyofufbl3.png

Where can I buy one?:lol:

Man, I'd love to have that shirt, but it will never be available. The NCAA wouldn't allow it. You would have to know someone who works at a screen printing company, and have them make it for you all hush-hush like.