View Full Version : Van Halen and Roth to tour in 2007

Jaydog57
10-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Yes!! God I hope it happens.... here's the link

http://www.vhnd.com/articles/061027-04.shtml

:peace:

Noodle Arm
10-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, if it does happen, there will probably be like 2 shows before they're at each other's throats again. Then the tour will be canceled due to "creative differences".

theghost
10-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Niether of the men have aged well.

d-day
10-27-2006, 04:12 PM
just glad i caught them early - saw them open up for journey during van halen 2

WharfRat
10-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Niether of the men have aged well.

can Eddie still stand up by himself?

Pagan
10-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Why would anyone want to see this now? Ten years ago maybe, but watching them play now will be like watching Muhammad Ali when he fought Larry Holmes. :shakeno:

This will be a train wreck.

just glad i caught them early - saw them open up for journey during van halen 2
Gotcha beat bro...saw them open for Sabbath on their first tour. :D

d-day
10-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Why would anyone want to see this now? Ten years ago maybe, but watching them play now will be like watching Muhammad Ali when he fought Larry Holmes. :shakeno:

This will be a train wreck.

Gotcha beat bro...saw them open for Sabbath on their first tour. :D

yeah but i got see light up the sky, dead or alive and women in love... :wink:

totally agree with the train wreck comment - but they'll get their money though since a lot of people didn't get to see david before he left - i'll save my money and go see the bullet boys :lol:

cnc66
10-27-2006, 04:45 PM
long hair days> pass out acid

no hair days > pass out antioxidants

Pagan
10-27-2006, 04:58 PM
yeah but i got see light up the sky, dead or alive and women in love... :wink:
So did I....I never said I didn't see that tour too, ya know. :tongue:

totally agree with the train wreck comment - but they'll get their money though since a lot of people didn't get to see david before he left - i'll save my money and go see the bullet boys :lol:
LMAO!!!!

Don't bother, we opened for them a couple years ago...they don't look much better! :lol:

Roman529
10-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I saw VH in 1982.....Roth looks a little like Jerry Springer these days....but I bet he still rocks. :D

Shula Come Back!
10-27-2006, 05:19 PM
sweet!that would be so awesome!:dolphins:

NJFINSFAN1
10-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I saw VH in 1982.....Roth looks a little like Jerry Springer these days....but I bet he still rocks. :D

That's when he remembers he is a singer.

Den54
10-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Broken down and dirty dressed in raggggs
From the day my momma told me Den
You pack your bagggs.
:rocker:

Jaydog57
10-27-2006, 10:34 PM
can Eddie still stand up by himself?yeah dude, Eddie can stand up and play guitar all by himself:rolleyes: Ok you guys go to the Def Leppard/Journey tour or whatever, if I can see Eddie play 'Unchained' and a 20 minute guitar solo LIVE, that's worth 30 bucks.:dolphins:

Quelonio
10-27-2006, 10:39 PM
yeah dude, Eddie can stand up and play guitar all by himself:rolleyes: Ok you guys go to the Def Leppard/Journey tour or whatever, if I can see Eddie play 'Unchained' and a 20 minute guitar solo LIVE, that's worth 30 bucks.:dolphins:

I don't believe I am about to say this... I really don't since I am one of those people Pagan hates that is not a huge fan of 80's rock or metal, or hard rock... But Def Leppard's last album YEah!! is actually quite good.

nolefin
10-27-2006, 11:11 PM
i cant wait i hope mikey is there though!!!

Den54
10-28-2006, 07:38 AM
yeah dude, Eddie can stand up and play guitar all by himself:rolleyes: Ok you guys go to the Def Leppard/Journey tour or whatever, if I can see Eddie play 'Unchained' and a 20 minute guitar solo LIVE, that's worth 30 bucks.:dolphins:

Right on Jaydog!!

Pagan
10-28-2006, 07:48 AM
I don't believe I am about to say this... I really don't since I am one of those people Pagan hates that is not a huge fan of 80's rock or metal, or hard rock... But Def Leppard's last album YEah!! is actually quite good.
Huh? Why would I hate someone who didn't like 80's rock or metal? Q bro, I'm not that shallow man.

Ah Jay...but if it WAS only $30. I had the misfortune of seeing them on the "reunion" tour with Sammy Hagar a few years ago. First off, the cheapest seats were $45. You can only imagine what they're going to charge with Roth back.

Second, Eddie played the EXACT same solo he did back in the early 80's. Twenty years have passed and he hasn't progressed as a player in the least.

I look at it this way, I saw them when they were kings. I don't wanna see them now. It's not like Maiden, who give you the same energy they always have. I have a feeling this would be like seeing a loved one on their death bed. You want to remember them when they were in their prime.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong and come out and kick major *** on this tour....but I tend to doubt it looking at Eddie's condition and the laughing stock Roth has made of himself.

Jaydog57
10-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Huh? Why would I hate someone who didn't like 80's rock or metal? Q bro, I'm not that shallow man.

Ah Jay...but if it WAS only $30. I had the misfortune of seeing them on the "reunion" tour with Sammy Hagar a few years ago. First off, the cheapest seats were $45. You can only imagine what they're going to charge with Roth back.

Second, Eddie played the EXACT same solo he did back in the early 80's. Twenty years have passed and he hasn't progressed as a player in the least.

I look at it this way, I saw them when they were kings. I don't wanna see them now. It's not like Maiden, who give you the same energy they always have. I have a feeling this would be like seeing a loved one on their death bed. You want to remember them when they were in their prime.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong and come out and kick major *** on this tour....but I tend to doubt it looking at Eddie's condition and the laughing stock Roth has made of himself.Well said, I see your point :peace:

Pagan
10-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Well said, I see your point :peace:
Believe me bro, nobody wants them to be amazing more than me. VH & KISS were the soundtrack of my late teenage years. I'm already disgusted in KISS, I want to remember VH as being the baddest badasses around.

However, if the reviews come in and they're good, well.....:lol:

Fin Fan in Cali
10-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Believe me bro, nobody wants them to be amazing more than me. VH & KISS were the soundtrack of my late teenage years. I'm already disgusted in KISS, I want to remember VH as being the baddest badasses around.

However, if the reviews come in and they're good, well.....:lol:I like both as well, but the last tour they did, the reviews on Van Halen were awful from what I heard. I hope things are better for them.:wink:

Den54
10-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I wonder if DLR can still do any of his acrobatics?

54Fins
10-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes!! God I hope it happens.... here's the link

http://www.vhnd.com/articles/061027-04.shtml

:peace: Saw them for the Diver Down tour.Seen Sammy with them several times.Best 1 was 5150 tour.I'ts always a wait and see approach with Eddie and Dave.When tickets go on sale,then i will believe.