PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie can"t ever even shine Ricky"s shoes

romio
10-27-2006, 10:26 PM
I know it Saban knows it and some of you know it and won"t admit it. Just go back and look at the players the plays and the achievements . Ronnie should be fullback for Ricky . Or just go back to the One Two punch Ronnie &Ricky . Ronnie alone is doing nothing for this team! Ricky had a crap line for years and still bannged out 1800+ yards on the ground alone . NOUGH SAID! Stop being in denial join Saban in admitting we need Ricky!

ItsOurTime32
10-27-2006, 10:40 PM
uhhhhh
ronnie is in his second year
ricky was in new orleans for 4 years and was good when he came here
so i don't wanna hear ronnie won't live up to anything cus hes only in his second year

ROCHESTERPHISH
10-27-2006, 10:41 PM
rw Is One Joint Away From Never Playing In This League Again!!!
i Believe In Second Chances But Common, This Guy Has Issues!!
we All Know, How Capible, He Is At Rb, When Straight, I Just Dont Think Hes Going To Make It!!

Aqua4Ever04
10-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Ricky was a one of a kind player. He was the best running back when he left the game. It's a damn shame on what a waste of talent that guy was. Hopefully he returns to his oldself next year, but I think we have seen the last of RW. I love Ronnie and I hope he gets an oppertunity to run behind a good OL soon.

pigskinguy
10-27-2006, 10:45 PM
rw Is One Joint Away From Never Playing In This League Again!!!
i Believe In Second Chances But Common, This Guy Has Issues!!
we All Know, How Capible, He Is At Rb, When Straight, I Just Dont Think Hes Going To Make It!!

All that is true. But Ricky is still twice the RB Ronnie will ever be. Don't get me wrong, I like Ronnie Brown, but Ricky was special.

Bad Lieutenant
10-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Ricky IS awesome, not was. He'll still be good for us. I love Ricky, he made our terrible line in '02 look incredible paving the way to 1850+ yards!

I have seen Ronnie leave a lot of yards on the field. So many runs I think of Ricky bouncing it to the outside or juking some guy. All Ronnie does is run into the back of his linemen and push. He has no vision. Ricky saw the whole field. Remember that reverse field touchdown in the Jacksonville game? Sickest run ever.

RIck is one of a kind. Judge him all you want, but he is a sick player.

Phin-o-rama
10-27-2006, 11:22 PM
how huge was ricky's impact, and how intrical was it in our 6 game win streak?

Dmancari23
10-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Couldn't agree more. Ronnie Brown has done nothing for us as a player himself. He's used to being a backup. He was a backup on our way to those six meaningless wins last year, and he was a backup his college career. Why should it be any different now?

brandon1986
10-27-2006, 11:29 PM
ricky is a great running back but it is unfair to judge ronnie brown and ricky williams

if we judged the two by how they are going at the same point in their careers ronnie is better so far

DolfinDave
10-27-2006, 11:45 PM
First of all, why must people keep bringing up a guy who isn't on the team and won't be for a while? It is an absolutely pointless discussion at this point. Second of all Ricky wasn't great in his first two years either. In his first year, he had 253carries for 884yards 3.5ypc 2TDs. In his second year, he had 248 1000 4.0 8TD. Compare that to Ronnie who had 207 907 4.4 4TD in his first year and is on pace for around 1000 yards in his second and the two look identical. Give it a rest comparing the two at this moment. In fact, if you are doing that, Ronnie blows him away because Ricky isn't even on the freakin field right now. I would like to have Ricky back also because he is a very good back. But he isn't here and he won't be for a while. So give it a freakin rest.

miami234ever
10-27-2006, 11:48 PM
How could was Ricky his first two years? He was a top 5 pick also.In his first two years, Ricky got 1884 rushing yards, 10 rushing TDs, 1 receiving TD, and 581 rec. yards. So far, Ronnie has 1371 rushing yards, 8 TDs, 1 receiving TD, and 448 receiving yards. Give him time. He's only half way through his second year. Chillax.

que41
10-27-2006, 11:49 PM
you guys kill me. yes ricky is better than ronnie so what. are line sucks. when are line sucked with rickt everybody started bashing him. saying he is turnning his back, he can't take a hit. yada,yada,yada,yada. let it go. if your line can't block .your team sucks. look at the seahawks. they thought they didn't need there prowbowl guard. alexander out hasselback out.

mmikel30
10-28-2006, 12:02 AM
you guys kill me. yes ricky is better than ronnie so what. are line sucks. when are line sucked with rickt everybody started bashing him. saying he is turnning his back, he can't take a hit. yada,yada,yada,yada. let it go. if your line can't block .your team sucks. look at the seahawks. they thought they didn't need there prowbowl guard. alexander out hasselback out.ricky was the main reason why we went on a 6 game winning streak last year this is why ricky is better than ronnie in a 40 ronnie wins everytime but the first 20 yards ricky will be leading because he has short area speed and hips that's what a running back needs to be successfull ronnie runs erect and looks to make contact he stutters around instead of hitting the hole ricky is a home run threat because of his quickness stiff arm shiftyness and most of all his vision ronnie is like eddie george he needs a good line to ever hit stardom

AUFinFan
10-28-2006, 12:10 AM
How could was Ricky his first two years? He was a top 5 pick also.In his first two years, Ricky got 1884 rushing yards, 10 rushing TDs, 1 receiving TD, and 581 rec. yards. So far, Ronnie has 1371 rushing yards, 8 TDs, 1 receiving TD, and 448 receiving yards. Give him time. He's only half way through his second year. Chillax.

Funny I post these same stats, no reply from the Ronnie haters. There is no response to this. Ronnie is right on par with where Ricky was at the same point in his career.

Problem is people have no patience at all today. Draft a player high and he is supposed to carry the team to the super bowl on his back and make the pro bowl his first year with no regard for the team around him or the playcalling and offensive style.

Just goes to show you the rampant ignorance we have among fans who still worship Ricky.

brandon1986
10-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Funny I post these same stats, no reply from the Ronnie haters. There is no response to this. Ronnie is right on par with where Ricky was at the same point in his career.

Problem is people have no patience at all today. Draft a player high and he is supposed to carry the team to the super bowl on his back and make the pro bowl his first year with no regard for the team around him or the playcalling and offensive style.

Just goes to show you the rampant ignorance we have among fans who still worship Ricky.

we have a winner

ih8brady
10-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Check it out:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/AFC/RB-RUSHING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=6

Ronnie has three less carries than LT, only 9 less yards, and the same average per carry.

So STFU!!!:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

brandon1986
10-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Check it out:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/AFC/RB-RUSHING/2006/regular?&_1:col_1=6

Ronnie has three less carries than LT, only 9 less yards, and the same average per carry.

So STFU!!!:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

i know and yet i dont here anybody in the media saying, whats wrong with LT

the fact is ronnie has shown he can be a big time player but is not getting the chance

lack of touches and a crappy oline help that

que41
10-28-2006, 12:56 AM
ricky was the main reason why we went on a 6 game winning streak last year this is why ricky is better than ronnie in a 40 ronnie wins everytime but the first 20 yards ricky will be leading because he has short area speed and hips that's what a running back needs to be successfull ronnie runs erect and looks to make contact he stutters around instead of hitting the hole ricky is a home run threat because of his quickness stiff arm shiftyness and most of all his vision ronnie is like eddie george he needs a good line to ever hit stardom

i am not talking about last year. when ricky ran for 1800+. the next year everybody we played stacked the line. thats when all the crying started. yes he still ran for 1300+,but he had 3.8 yards a carry

dlockz
10-28-2006, 12:59 AM

I will reply to the stat post, I also dont think Ronnie will ever be as good as RIcky but would not make the statement of the thread. In his second year Ricky only played 10 games and ran for 1000 yards in those ten games. Thats fairly impressive considering he was not exactly playing with a great team. At the current pace of the NFL probably on 1 back will break 1000 yards in ten games and that is Tiki Barber. Some will say that he only got thier because he had enough carries but very rarely does any NFL back average 100 yards rushing a game in a season. He did unfortuantely get injured but he was on pace to have a great year similar to his first one with us. They were no where near at the same point thier second year, some of this is to blame on the dolphin offense because he should be carrying more and I have no clue why Sammy Morris is coming in after Ronnie has only like 5 carries. Ricky was a really special player and two coaches definately recognized it because two differant teams gave up basically a whole draft to get him. I do say lets not knock Ronnie for not being Ricky because along with Rick'y good, you have the bad that he will have missed two and 1/4 seasons due to suspensions.
we don't really know what is going to be in the long run with any of these young backs, look how many have already written off Cedric Benson because he was beaten out by Thomas Jones who has played great. People act like a scrub is keeping him from starting. Hell if Ricky was not suspended for the first 4 games last year, ronnie could have been in a similar situation.

Right now Ronnie is our man and nobody on our current active roster is a better runningback than him. Is He is a great back, no ,but he could be real good and possibly become that kind of back.

zackmandude63
10-28-2006, 01:25 AM
it's really aggravating hearing people say ronnie can't carry the load. the man simply isn't being given any chance to prove that he can carry the load. dropping back to pass 62 times and only handing off 16 times is absurd! mularky is a tool and doesnt know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

comparing ronnie to ricky is like comparing apples and oranges. they are two different types of backs. ronnie is more of a power back (breaking seven tackles to gain ten yards, moving an entire pile of jets about 6 or 7 yards, going BYAHHH!! to a KC defender and taking off 60 yards), where ricky is more of a finesse back (now anyways that he has slimmed down) when both players get their opportunities, they produce.

i hope miami keeps both ronnie and ricky for a few years. it'll be our thunder and lightning, and it sure will be fun to watch! (not to mention that you will noever find a ricky type back as cheap as we got him for. ronnie & ricky > ronnie and morris)

JMarino
10-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Facts:

Ricky Williams is the best Dolphins running back Miami has ever seen.

I have seen Ricky run 3 x 210Yrd games back to back. Thats unheard of. not gonna happen by another Dolphin back.

Ronnie's not bad, but he's just about average.

Being 2nd overall selection, the Dolphins were expecting more.

Ricky could catch just as good as Ronnie. Ricky could also block. The main thing that Ricky could do that Ronnie cannot is actually run away from a DB or a LB. Ronnie gets caught. Ricky doesn't.

que41
10-28-2006, 01:36 AM
A year and a half .plus a bad line, and you can really judge this man. please. this is a joke

tylerdolphin
10-28-2006, 01:38 AM

the fact is ronnie has shown he can be a big time player but is not getting the chance

Neverfrigginmind that LT has a far superiour line and team. Nevermind that Ricky had under 4 yards a carry the year before he retired. Lets just crucify Ronnie Brown!
He will NEVER make people happy. If he ran for 20 TDs, you guys wouldnt be happy

DolfinDave
10-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Facts:

Ricky Williams is the best Dolphins running back Miami has ever seen.

I have seen Ricky run 3 x 210Yrd games back to back. Thats unheard of. not gonna happen by another Dolphin back.

Ronnie's not bad, but he's just about average.

Being 2nd overall selection, the Dolphins were expecting more.

Ricky could catch just as good as Ronnie. Ricky could also block. The main thing that Ricky could do that Ronnie cannot is actually run away from a DB or a LB. Ronnie gets caught. Ricky doesn't.

Was all of that true for Ricky in his first two years? That is the point most of us are trying to make. Ricky was unspectacular in his first two years. All we want is for Ronnie to get more time and more carries before we start calling him not worthy of his draft status.

ih8brady
10-28-2006, 01:55 AM

LT must be a bust in these ppl's mind. I swear some ppl just start trouble because they're bored.

DolfinDave
10-28-2006, 02:18 AM
LT must be a bust in these ppl's mind. I swear some ppl just start trouble because they're bored.

Seriously. These are probably the same people that think Harrington is better than a healthy Culpepper when every single fact imaginable says otherwise.

Semedi
10-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Worst post ever. Ricky is a washed up junkie.

RenoFinFan
10-28-2006, 02:30 AM
I know it Saban knows it and some of you know it and won"t admit it. Just go back and look at the players the plays and the achievements . Ronnie should be fullback for Ricky . Or just go back to the One Two punch Ronnie &Ricky . Ronnie alone is doing nothing for this team! Ricky had a crap line for years and still bannged out 1800+ yards on the ground alone . NOUGH SAID! Stop being in denial join Saban in admitting we need Ricky!
Good news! Just heard from Ricky. He said he would by happy to let Ronnie shine his shoes next year when he is complimenting Ronnie as the Dolphins #2 RB.

jlfin
10-28-2006, 06:47 AM

Actually, the ignorance is in those who rely on stats instead of what they see. I've said this numerous times RB is a good back, but there is something missing in his game. He doesn't seem to have the kind of talent that opposing teams have to gameplan around. Trust me, when RW was the starter for the Phins EVERY opposing defense structured their gameplan around stopping RW. That is not the case with RB. It just isn't.
RB is the caliber of player that a team could pick up in the late 1st-early 2nd rd. That is, he could be a productive back for years but never a dominant one.
For the record, I don't want RW back here because he is someone you just cannot rely on.

Aussiefinfan54
10-28-2006, 07:03 AM
ricky is hands down a much, much better player than ronnie but man i hope he comes good. but i also cannot wait for ricky to return next season and play for us it will be awesome hopefully we can start winning some games with him in our line-up

dolfanatic23
10-28-2006, 07:47 AM
how can you say that ricky williams only ran for 884 yds and 2 td's his 1st year and only exactly 1000 yds his second. and how can you say this o line is as good as the one that ricky ran behind when he ran for 1800 + yds. ricky was the fifth overall player taken and there were two seasons before he came to miami where he didn't play all 16 games and look at him now. Ricky himself never even lived up to his expectations i mean a whole draft class was traded for him so really ricky is an under achieving back who had a few good years ronnie can be much better just give him a some holes and keep feeding him the rock

3Ply Stagliano
10-28-2006, 07:57 AM
I thought Ricky didn't wear shoes (Hence the foot injury, in case I have to explain it).

DolphinsFan23
10-28-2006, 08:47 AM
In Ricky Williams' rookie year:

253 carries, 884 yards, 3.5 yards per carry, 2 TDs ... about 21 carries per game. 28 receptions, 172 yards, 6.1 yards per reception, 0 TDs ... 3.76 yards per touch.

In Ronnie Brown's rookie year:

207 carries, 907 yards, 4.4 yards per carry, 4 TDs .... about 13-14 carries per game. 32 receptions, 232 yards, 7.3 yards per reception, 1 TD ... 4.77 yards per touch.

2005 season, in the SAME offense ... 5 year veteran, Ricky Williams:

168 carries, 743 yards, 4.4 yards per carry, 6 TDs ... about 14 carries per game. 17 receptions, 93 yards, 5.5 yards per reception, 0 TDs ... 4.52 yards per touch.

2005 season, in the SAME offense ... as a rookie, Ronnie Brown:

207 carries, 907 yards, 4.4 yards per carry, 4 TDs .... about 13-14 carries per game. 32 receptions, 232 yards, 7.3 yards per reception, 1 TD ... 4.77 yards per touch.

Let's compare Ronnie to this year's top running back, Tiki Barber. Guess how long it took him to put up better numbers than Ronnie? Tiki didn't have better rushing numbers than Ronnie until his FOURTH YEAR in the NFL ... 1,006 yards rushing and 4.7 yards per carry. They must have been calling Tiki a bust in those first 3 years in New York.

Last year, Tiki put up good numbers but he also got 357 carries or around 23 carries per game. Tiki has had above average offensive lines too. Ronnie got 207 carries or around 13 carries per game. Those 10 extra carries per game could add up to a bunch of long runs and plenty of those 10-20 yarders that Ronnie does on a regular basis.

Let's compare Ronnie's first 6 games in the NFL to Lawrence Maroney's. In Ronnie's first 6 games as a rookie, he had 438 yards and 5.2 yards per carry. In Maroney's first 6 games as a rookie behind a MUCH better offensive line that protects Tom Brady, he had 361 yards and 4.2 yards per carry.

Let's compare Ronnie's first 6 games in the NFL to THIS year's #2 overall draft pick, Reggie Bush. In Ronnie's first 6 games as a rookie, he had 438 yards and 5.2 yards per carry. In Reggie Bush's first 6 games as a rookie behind a MUCH better offensive line, he had 196 yards and 3.0 yards per carry.

LaDainian Tomlinson only got 3.6 yards per carry as a rookie. He also had 339 carries that year or around 21-22 carries per game.

Imagine what Ronnie could do with a decent offensive line and 339 carries per season (21-22 carries per game). The math shows that Ronnie might have had 1,492 yards in his rookie year. (339 x 4.4). At Ronnie's current ypc, which will probably improve to 4.4+, he could have 1,288 yards IF he got 339 carries this year. (3.8 x 339).

Let's compare Ronnie's career numbers to Cadillac Williams' numbers since they were both rookies last year. Cadillac has run the ball 394 times for 1,572 yards which comes to a 4.0 yards per carry average. Ronnie has run the ball 329 times for 1,372 yards which comes to a 4.2 yards per carry average. Cadillac has receiving yards of 157 yards for a 4.5 yards per reception average. Ronnie has receiving yards of 448 yards for a 7.9 yards per reception average. Cadillac has 1,729 all purpose yards so far in his career. Ronnie has 1,819 all purpose yards so far in his career.

Ronnie has 216 yards receiving so far this year ... he'll likely have more than the 232 yards he got last year after the upcoming Bears game on 11/4. Ronnie is projected to have 494 yards receiving this year. With his rushing projection as of today (3.8 ypc .. which will probably go back up to 4.4) he should get anywhere from 1,080 yards to 1,227 yards. That adds up to all purpose yards for 2006 of 1,574 - 1,722 yards. Not too bad at all.

Kdawg954
10-28-2006, 09:25 AM
I didn't read this whole thread, but the reason why this THREAD is pointless is . . . . Ricky cost us not one . . . . but 2 NUMBER ONE draft picks . . . and Ronnie is only in his 2nd year, cost us ONE draft pick . . . and has almost played more time in a fins uni than Ricky . . . just smh. I like Ricky, and he is a special RB . . . but we overpayed dearly for him. Ricky like most running backs, struggled early in his career, had one crazy nice season with us, and the rest have been pedestrian. With Ronnie being only in his second season, I think he has done his thing . . . but I am more confident that he is a player we can count on to PLAY, and not a guy who is going to get suspended or QUIT.

B-LO, BABY
10-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Ricky Williams had one good year; Brown is overrated.

Face it, your team sucks and nothing will change it in the immediate future.

Of course, Bills fans are spoiled since we have always had good running backs; while Miami RBs have always sucked.

like2god
10-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Ricky Williams had one good year; Brown is overrated.

Face it, your team sucks and nothing will change it in the immediate future.

Of course, Bills fans are spoiled since we have always had good running backs; while Miami RBs have always sucked.

I hear ya, we Dolphins fans have been spoiled too with our SuperBowl wins and all. But you wouldn't know anything about that, now would you? :lol:

I guess that means the Bills suck. :lol:

DolfinDave
10-28-2006, 02:16 PM
In Ricky Williams' rookie year:

253 carries, 884 yards, 3.5 yards per carry, 2 TDs ... about 21 carries per game. 28 receptions, 172 yards, 6.1 yards per reception, 0 TDs ... 3.76 yards per touch.

In Ronnie Brown's rookie year:

2005 season, in the SAME offense ... 5 year veteran, Ricky Williams:

168 carries, 743 yards, 4.4 yards per carry, 6 TDs ... about 14 carries per game. 17 receptions, 93 yards, 5.5 yards per reception, 0 TDs ... 4.52 yards per touch.

2005 season, in the SAME offense ... as a rookie, Ronnie Brown:

Let's compare Ronnie to this year's top running back, Tiki Barber. Guess how long it took him to put up better numbers than Ronnie? Tiki didn't have better rushing numbers than Ronnie until his FOURTH YEAR in the NFL ... 1,006 yards rushing and 4.7 yards per carry. They must have been calling Tiki a bust in those first 3 years in New York.

Last year, Tiki put up good numbers but he also got 357 carries or around 23 carries per game. Tiki has had above average offensive lines too. Ronnie got 207 carries or around 13 carries per game. Those 10 extra carries per game could add up to a bunch of long runs and plenty of those 10-20 yarders that Ronnie does on a regular basis.

Let's compare Ronnie's first 6 games in the NFL to Lawrence Maroney's. In Ronnie's first 6 games as a rookie, he had 438 yards and 5.2 yards per carry. In Maroney's first 6 games as a rookie behind a MUCH better offensive line that protects Tom Brady, he had 361 yards and 4.2 yards per carry.

Let's compare Ronnie's first 6 games in the NFL to THIS year's #2 overall draft pick, Reggie Bush. In Ronnie's first 6 games as a rookie, he had 438 yards and 5.2 yards per carry. In Reggie Bush's first 6 games as a rookie behind a MUCH better offensive line, he had 196 yards and 3.0 yards per carry.

LaDainian Tomlinson only got 3.6 yards per carry as a rookie. He also had 339 carries that year or around 21-22 carries per game.

Imagine what Ronnie could do with a decent offensive line and 339 carries per season (21-22 carries per game). The math shows that Ronnie might have had 1,492 yards in his rookie year. (339 x 4.4). At Ronnie's current ypc, which will probably improve to 4.4+, he could have 1,288 yards IF he got 339 carries this year. (3.8 x 339).

Let's compare Ronnie's career numbers to Cadillac Williams' numbers since they were both rookies last year. Cadillac has run the ball 394 times for 1,572 yards which comes to a 4.0 yards per carry average. Ronnie has run the ball 329 times for 1,372 yards which comes to a 4.2 yards per carry average. Cadillac has receiving yards of 157 yards for a 4.5 yards per reception average. Ronnie has receiving yards of 448 yards for a 7.9 yards per reception average. Cadillac has 1,729 all purpose yards so far in his career. Ronnie has 1,819 all purpose yards so far in his career.

Ronnie has 216 yards receiving so far this year ... he'll likely have more than the 232 yards he got last year after the upcoming Bears game on 11/4. Ronnie is projected to have 494 yards receiving this year. With his rushing projection as of today (3.8 ypc .. which will probably go back up to 4.4) he should get anywhere from 1,080 yards to 1,227 yards. That adds up to all purpose yards for 2006 of 1,574 - 1,722 yards. Not too bad at all.

This should end the thread. The people who say Ronnie is good, but doesn't have the vision or whatever it is great running backs have. The numbers suggest the same thing about the best backs in the game right now. You have no evidence that they didn't show the same thing in their first couple of seasons. Someone brought up a good point about how much we gave up for Ricky and how much was given up to draft him in the first place. The guy is a very good back, but considering all that was given up for him, he is a huge underachiever compared to Ronnie.

I understand that Ronnie hasn't looked great this year. But first of all, the guy hasn't gotten the ball nearly enough to be as effective as he can be. Second of all, it would take a guy like Barry Sanders to look good or great behind our offensive line. There is no denying the oline is mediocre at best and the fact that we throw the ball too much despite never loosing by too much. Those are two things that most of the best running backs in the league don't have to deal with and Ronnie's numbers are still comparable to them. If you want an example of how a bad oline affects good running backs, look at Edgerrin James after going from a good oline in Indy to a bad one in Arizona. He is performing well below his career numbers which are very good. He was averaging a total of 125 all purpose yards per game in Indy. If I am not mistaken, that is the highest ever for a running back. He is averaging 2.7 yards per carry this year. The olines are making it very hard for these guys to do their job. So lay off a little bit.