PDA

View Full Version : old school wrestling fans...i never realized how INSANE the warrior was

Slappy8800
10-29-2006, 02:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P39b7v1wzfg

just wow

Martel
10-29-2006, 04:14 AM
That was awesome. You can almost see the coke oozing from his pores. Serious roid rage too. Haha. That video rules

King Nate
10-29-2006, 04:21 AM
Even though he was recently discourteous to me, my favorite wrestler is Captain Insano.

Pagan
10-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Man, I remember when this video was first released. It's been said that Vince McMahon released this with the intent to make the Warrior look bad due to some legal battle between them.

Classy guy, Vince. :lol:

Muck
10-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior was my favorite wrester. I loved the persona and intensity. I was totally into it.

But by the time I turned 12, I was done with 'wraslin'. I'd grown out of cartoons.

The Confessor
10-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior was my favorite wrester. I loved the persona and intensity. I was totally into it.

But by the time I turned 12, I was done with 'wraslin'. I'd grown out of cartoons.

:yeahthat: -Exactly, cept I only grew out of "Scripted" cartoons:tongue:, I still enjoy the ones with no obvious outcome...

BTW: Vince McMahon = Douchebag IMO of course

Den54
10-29-2006, 10:15 AM
To be the man you have to beat the man. The Nature Boy Ric Flair will always be my favorite. Whoooooooooooo!!!!!!

Runner up is Terry Funk.

finswin56
10-29-2006, 10:19 AM

But by the time I turned 12, I was done with 'wraslin'. I'd grown out of cartoons.x3 here. Love the Ulitimate Warrior! I don't remember when I grew out of it, but it was probably around the same time. Elementary school I think?

Den54
10-29-2006, 10:59 AM

just wow

Can you say roid rage?:lol:

Perfect23
10-29-2006, 11:18 AM
To bad he's dead now man I remeber when like that stuff ruled the world it ruled my school my neighorhood everything I had like all the shirts and all the figures everything those were the good days when I was a young kid.

like2god
10-29-2006, 11:47 AM
He used to be my favorite wrestler. I saw him live and he was bouncing off the walls of the arena like a crazed lunatic.....go figure.

:lol:

Pagan
10-29-2006, 11:58 AM
To bad he's dead now man I remeber when like that stuff ruled the world it ruled my school my neighorhood everything I had like all the shirts and all the figures everything those were the good days when I was a young kid.
Um...dude? He's not dead.

Megatron
10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Jeff Jarret and Ric Flair are my favorites from my wrestiling watching days, and of course the Rock, that guy was pretty funny at times.

Majpain
10-29-2006, 12:19 PM
LOL. What the hell was he saying?

Jt0323
10-29-2006, 01:09 PM
The Warrior is still alive...

like2god
10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
LOL. What the hell was he saying?
The world may never know. :lol:

I found a youtube clip of Warrior yelling at kids at UConn. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZWjJyw3rg

35 minutes in he flips out on some kid that answered his question. :lol:

The Rev
10-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I loved when the Warrior would come into the ring and start shaking the ropes. :lol:

Good stuff BBF.

Majpain
10-29-2006, 01:36 PM
The world may never know. :lol:

I found a youtube clip of Warrior yelling at kids at UConn. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZWjJyw3rg

35 minutes in he flips out on some kid that answered his question. :lol:
:sidelol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSc4NjF-oEE&mode=related&search=

Thats the Q and A. Oh man I wished I knew what was going on.

Muck
10-29-2006, 02:04 PM
He said "queering doesn't make the world work" and some of the kids flipped out.

Amars
10-29-2006, 03:25 PM
The Warrior was great

Perfect23
10-29-2006, 03:34 PM
that was renagade my bad did you's know that the british bull dogg is dead

icephinfan
10-29-2006, 05:43 PM

Yep, and countless others.:(

Blade
10-29-2006, 05:43 PM

Yep, he died a while ago. The warrior was insane. I still remember when him and hogan wrestled. One of the best matches ever. Bret Hart it still my favorite.

CharlestonPhan
10-30-2006, 12:18 AM
that dude was always "a little touched in the head," as my grandma would say.

i have a buddy who wrestled some independent shows (in the late 80s early 90s past), and he says wrestlers call what Warrior does "living his gimmick," which means they act like that all the time.

finfan01
10-30-2006, 12:20 AM
:crazy:

Muck
10-30-2006, 08:24 AM

i have a buddy who wrestled some independent shows (in the late 80s early 90s past), and he says wrestlers call what Warrior does "living his gimmick," which means they act like that all the time.

Well he did legally change his name to "Warrior". :lol:

inFINSible
10-30-2006, 08:27 AM
To be the man you have to beat the man. The Nature Boy Ric Flair will always be my favorite. Whoooooooooooo!!!!!!

Runner up is Terry Funk.
Jack Briscoe >>>>>> Terry Funk

Den54
10-30-2006, 08:56 AM

Infins I know you're old school. How about Mike Ghram or Cowboy Ron Bass, Blackjack Mulligan, Steve Kerr, Buggsy Magraw, The Great Kubuki, The Freight Train Joe Leduke, Austin Idol and one of my other favorites Kevin Sullivan.

inFINSible
10-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Infins I know you're old school. How about Mike Ghram or Cowboy Ron Bass, Blackjack Mulligan, Steve Kerr, Buggsy Magraw, The Great Kubuki, The Freight Train Joe Leduke, Austin Idol and one of my other favorites Kevin Sullivan.
Big Joe LeDuke!....The Great Kubuki..... spitting his white powder into the air nowadays might cause a stampede! :lol:......Blackjack Mulligan with his black gloves....Crazy Bugsy McGraw!......Dusty Rhoads was just a trail back then.....man, I haven't thought of those names in a long time

inFINSible
10-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Infins I know you're old school.
The Insane Warrior? Old school?? Pffff...:lol:

Pagan
10-30-2006, 10:59 AM

Your friends are wrong....or else he's changed dramatically.

Warrior today. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=eSdTyah3pmU)

Den54
10-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Big Joe LeDuke!....The Great Kubuki..... spitting his white powder into the air nowadays might cause a stampede! :lol:......Blackjack Mulligan with his black gloves....Crazy Bugsy McGraw!......Dusty Rhoads was just a trail back then.....man, I haven't thought of those names in a long time

How about Barry [The Widow Maker] Wyndim or his skinny little brother Kendyl Wyndim? Billy Grahm with his 22 inch pythons.

SpurzN703
10-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Um...dude? He's not dead.

I could've sworn way back in the day the original Warrior died (why or how I forget) and they hired another guy to play the character.

It was a long time ago but that's what I believe happened. And no, I didnt get stoned back then either :tongue:

CharlestonPhan
10-30-2006, 05:46 PM

Harley Race >>>>>>>> Jack Briscoe

:)

CharlestonPhan
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
I could've sworn way back in the day the original Warrior died (why or how I forget) and they hired another guy to play the character.

It was a long time ago but that's what I believe happened. And no, I didnt get stoned back then either :tongue:

as stated before, Warrior's still around, it is the guy WCW brought in and called Renegade who croaked.

PrepDogg
10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
That friggin' guy is loopy.

CharlestonPhan
10-30-2006, 05:55 PM
on another wresting realted topic:

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/ColumnistsArticles.aspx?columnist=mooneyham

dont know if anyone else reads it, but Mike Mooneyham, of the Charleston (SC) Post and Courier writes a pretty good weekly column, that appears in the sunday paper.

in the latest, he talks to Chris Kanyon, who wrestled as Kanyon (Duh) in WWE and in WCW as Mortis, under a hood. Kanyon claims to have been fired by WWE because he is gay, even though according to the article he didnt come out til after he was fired. Kanyon also claims that Orlando Jordan was fired because he is gay.

PrepDogg
10-30-2006, 05:57 PM
He was fired because he couldn't get over.

FIN-IN-RI
10-30-2006, 07:16 PM

just wow

He was the man!!!!!!!

I used to freaking love the old WWF and WCW.. Ric Flair, good Sting, Hulk, Brett Hart.. Shawn Michaels and teh other dude.. Paul Bearer.. the mouth from the south.. ahhh memories.

FIN-IN-RI
10-30-2006, 07:21 PM
jake the nsalke

Den54
10-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Rick Rude was pretty cool.

Den54
10-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Gordon Solie died in 2000.:(
http://www.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingBiosS/solie2_00jul28.html

The Rev
10-30-2006, 09:23 PM

It was actually a green mist. His toungue would be green throughout the whole match. :wink:

The Confessor
10-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Harley Race >>>>>>>> Jack Briscoe

:)

Dude, Harley Race was one BADAZZ cowboy trucker. That dude used to get his a$$ beat so bad by multiple guys, bloody like crazy and still come back for more..

Speakin of bad-dead men. How about the Von Erichs? Just pick one, I think that 4 of 5 brothers are dead..

And for "Old School" how about Bob Backlund and his step?:wink:

like2god
10-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Speakin of bad-dead men. How about the Von Erichs? Just pick one, I think that 4 of 5 brothers are dead..

I actually met one of the Von Erichs, the one that went to the WWF and became the Texas Tornado. Met him in a mall and had my picture taken with him, a few months later he was dead.

I met Ric Flair, well kind of, he just kept walking and completely ignored me. The guy working security at the Arena said "he's been acting like a dick all night" within earshot of "The nature boy". :lol:

CharlestonPhan
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Dude, Harley Race was one BADAZZ cowboy trucker. That dude used to get his a$$ beat so bad by multiple guys, bloody like crazy and still come back for more..

And for "Old School" how about Bob Backlund and his step?:wink:

as a kid i liked the goog guy Backlund WWWF champion, and in his latter days "Mr Backlund" gimmick too, with the bowtie, crossface chickenwing move, and the five dollar words. he would have me in tears laughing.

the whole World Class roster is dead it seems except Kevin Von Erich: Gentleman Chris Adams, Gino Hernandez, Rick Rude. what a shame.

but i still love the original Four Horsemen, and my whole school was in mourning when Terry "Magnum TA" Allen's career ended in a car wreck.

Perfect23
10-30-2006, 10:42 PM
crash holley is dead to I cant remeber which member of L.O.D. died Hawk or Animal.

PrepDogg
10-30-2006, 11:31 PM
crash holley is dead to I cant remeber which member of L.O.D. died Hawk or Animal.

It was Hawk in 2003. Sucks.

Agent51
10-31-2006, 12:30 PM

just wow

I used to watch wrestling religiously, right up until WCW was sold and then I stopped and haven't watched since. Sting was always my favorite, but Ultimate Warrior was my second favorite, that guy was awesome. That was back in the glory days of wrestling, before the theatrics went WAY over-the-top and all the wrestlers look like they are clones of each other, they all look like metrosexual tools now :lol:

SpurzN703
10-31-2006, 04:13 PM
as stated before, Warrior's still around, it is the guy WCW brought in and called Renegade who croaked.

Alrighty

Blade
10-31-2006, 04:42 PM

Yea, it was Hawk. Animal goes to the Ohio State football games to watch his son play line backer. They show him on TV about every game.

PrepDogg
10-31-2006, 08:44 PM
The guy legally changed his name to Warrior. 'Nuff Said. :confused2

Slappy8800
10-31-2006, 08:54 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/warrior-1.jpg

dude freaks the HELL out of me

Den54
11-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Anyone remember The Sheepherders?

PrepDogg
11-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Anyone remember The Sheepherders?

Yup. They later became the Bushwhackers in the WWF.