PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone bashing Quinn

CHAMBERS8484
10-29-2006, 02:57 AM
please keep potential draft pick threads in the draft forum

I have watched him this season and last season, and I have concluded that he is much better than the crapioca pudding we got at QB. Daunte deserves a shot because he is not fully healthy, but harrINgTon sucks, and needs to be cut. Anyone here not understand that you build around a quarterback? We have been looking for one since dan left. We need a spark.

NewEra8
10-29-2006, 05:22 AM
...because I want to "bash" his sister...

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 05:33 AM
I dont know if Quinn will be the next great thing, he certainly isnt perfect, but he is vastly underrated on this site. Why that is I have no idea.

fastball83
10-29-2006, 05:52 AM
I would like draft quinn, groom him 2 year behind c pep and our QB problem could be gone for 10 years.

endorPHINS72
10-29-2006, 06:23 AM

I have watched him this season and last season, and I have concluded that he is much better than the crapioca pudding we got at QB. Daunte deserves a shot because he is not fully healthy, but harrINgTon sucks, and needs to be cut. Anyone here not understand that you build around a quarterback? We have been looking for one since dan left. We need a spark.

I agree. Anyone that has been bashing Brady Quinn just hasn't seen him play or just doesn't like Notre Dame, which is ridiculous. The kid will do whatever it takes to win and has the athletic ability, arm and intelligence to get it done in the pros. Period.

jlfin
10-29-2006, 07:48 AM
I dont know if Quinn will be the next great thing, he certainly isnt perfect, but he is vastly underrated on this site. Why that is I have no idea.

I think it is because certain people become enamored with another player and can't see beyond that. Examples are Thomas and CJ.
If DC cnnot return to his previous form and this organization has a chance to draft Quinn and they blow it, they could come to regret it for the next 10 yrs.
Teams are built with a QB 1st. That is something Wannstadt never learned.

I watched CJ for the 1st time yesterday and while he made a few plays I was not awestruck by him. He looks like a faster Mike Williams (former USC, now Detroit Lions bust).
I know he's big and has good hands but he doesn't look quick or explosive. I'm not sure he would be worth a top 3 pick in the draft anymore.

Jethatr
10-29-2006, 09:15 AM
I'd take him...in the 3rd round.

Cannonboy
10-29-2006, 10:14 AM
I would love to have him. As they were discussing in yesterdays game. He has that "it" quality that makes him great. He knows how to win. I would draft him and them trade some of thse over-priced players on the team now for a boat load of draft picks. Then draft a whole bunch of o-line.

GEORGIA FIN
10-29-2006, 10:17 AM
I've watched Quinn since he was starting when Willingham was at ND and the kid has a good head on his shoulders and a strong arm. He's also not afraid to tuck the ball and run. Also keep in mind that since Weiss has been there they are runnig an NFL style offense. If he's already familiar with the complexity of an NFL style offense from his previous 2 years in college that has to excell his learning curve in the pros, being a huge plus to a team that needs him to start immediately. At the end of the day it's all speculation, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, he could be Ryan Leaf or he could be Peyton Manning.

bigtony989
10-29-2006, 10:20 AM
i only seen 1 game hes played and he was amazing
and aperently it wasnt his best game so

FinsAreLife
10-29-2006, 11:19 AM
i dont bash him, hes great, we just dont need him.....

clbrazee
10-29-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't mind drafting him. I just don't hink he's a top ten player. And unless we trun around quickly we'll probably be drafting in the top 5 to top 10 somewhere. I would root for a good LT (if available and worth the pick).

Other draft considerations would be line backer (2nd or 3rd), cornerback/safety, QB (no later than 3rd rd), wide reciever, running back (4th or 6th), kicker.

I wouldn't seeing a trade or two that get us more draft picks.

jlfin
10-29-2006, 11:57 AM
i dont bash him, hes great, we just dont need him.....

You can't say that with certainty

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 12:49 PM

I have watched him this season and last season, and I have concluded that he is much better than the crapioca pudding we got at QB. Daunte deserves a shot because he is not fully healthy, but harrINgTon sucks, and needs to be cut. Anyone here not understand that you build around a quarterback? We have been looking for one since dan left. We need a spark.becausee the medeia has hyped quinn up so much and from watching him he is just average i would take vince y, leinart , or j. cutler over quinn any day personally i don't see quinn any better than eric ainge from tennesse

endorPHINS72
10-29-2006, 01:26 PM
becausee the medeia has hyped quinn up so much and from watching him he is just average i would take vince y, leinart , or j. cutler over quinn any day personally i don't see quinn any better than eric ainge from tennesse

And the media never hyped up Vince Young or Matt Leinart??? No better than Eric Ainge???? Seriously man, watch the guy play before making ridiculous commments.

silverloop13
10-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Easy most people on this site dont like Notre Dame. They are mostly UM fans. If Brady played at the U in the OB BABY ! And had the same stats there as he does at ND hed be labled the next Marino by the homers on this site.

I remember them saying the same things about Rivers when it looked like SD might trade him and the same about Matt Lienhart but time has shown them to be good QBs. Better than what we have sitting on our bench anyhow.

Quinn runs a pro style offense, good feet, quick release, and can make the throws. Plus he a bright kid who should be able to catch on to a new system. Thats what Id look for in drafting a QB.

Dolfan_Noles
10-29-2006, 03:50 PM
He's smart, has great intangibles, runs a pro-style offense, has an incredibly strong arm, good touch, and is mobile ENOUGH to be successful in the NFL...Charlie Frye type speed. He can make all of the throws. Smarjida hasn't been as good this year as he was last year and Arnaz Battle is gone, so he doesn't have as many weapons. It's not an excuse, but he definitely has the tools for the NFL.

adamprez2003
10-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I agree. Anyone that has been bashing Brady Quinn just hasn't seen him play or just doesn't like Notre Dame, which is ridiculous. The kid will do whatever it takes to win and has the athletic ability, arm and intelligence to get it done in the pros. Period.

there are nfl scouts who arent impressed with Quinn. i highly doubt they havent seen the guy play or just hate notre dame.

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 04:44 PM
there are nfl scouts who arent impressed with Quinn. i highly doubt they havent seen the guy play or just hate notre dame.

I'd love to see a link to scouts saying they arent impressed with him. They might have moved him down a couple spots on their draft boards but I havent seen anyone, other than posters on this board, say they arent impressed with him and that he's average or worse from some posters.

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 04:53 PM
And the media never hyped up Vince Young or Matt Leinart??? No better than Eric Ainge???? Seriously man, watch the guy play before making ridiculous commments.i've watched him play nothing special about quinn what i'm saying is you bought into the hype as well that's why you are on his jock who knows you might be a norte dame fan

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
i've watched him play nothing special about quinn what i'm saying is you bought into the hype as well that's why you are on his jock who knows you might be a norte dame fan

:sidelol: Anyone who likes Quinn just bought into the hype? Because you can see the future and you know how he'll play as a pro. Just watch him in college and at worst he has been a very good college QB. You think all analyst and scouts just buy hype and ignore what a player has done? You get hype by playing well, amazing how it works I know but not that confusing. And it's NOTRE DAME.

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Easy most people on this site dont like Notre Dame. They are mostly UM fans. If Brady played at the U in the OB BABY ! And had the same stats there as he does at ND hed be labled the next Marino by the homers on this site.

I remember them saying the same things about Rivers when it looked like SD might trade him and the same about Matt Lienhart but time has shown them to be good QBs. Better than what we have sitting on our bench anyhow.

Quinn runs a pro style offense, good feet, quick release, and can make the throws. Plus he a bright kid who should be able to catch on to a new system. Thats what Id look for in drafting a QB.are you crazy everyone on this site wanted us to ge rivers everyone =(majorty) wanted manny lawson last year and the year before we got brown who was the poular choice

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 05:05 PM
:sidelol: Anyone who likes Quinn just bought into the hype? Because you can see the future and you know how he'll play as a pro. Just watch him in college and at worst he has been a very good college QB. You think all analyst and scouts just buy hype and ignore what a player has done? You get hype by playing well, amazing how it works I know but not that confusing. And it's NOTRE DAME.there have been alot of good college qb's danny wurfel , charlie ward , hosh hupel the list goes on and on that dosen't mean they are nfl caliber qb's i would compare quinn to brodie croyile an average qb in the nfl not worthy of a top 3 pick or even first round hey but maybe i'm wrong but i just don't see anything about him that stands out i don't see him complete passes ast the college level unless he get's alot of time to throw the ball which if you give me time to throw i will complete passes as well imagine quinn behind center for the dolphins this year you think it;s bad now

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 05:12 PM
there have been alot of good college qb's danny wurfel , charlie ward , hosh hupel the list goes on and on that dosen't mean they are nfl caliber qb's i would compare quinn to brodie croyile an average qb in the nfl not worthy of a top 3 pick or even first round hey but maybe i'm wrong but i just don't see anything about him that stands out i don't see him complete passes ast the college level unless he get's alot of time to throw the ball which if you give me time to throw i will complete passes as well imagine quinn behind center for the dolphins this year you think it;s bad now

All you had to do was watch the game on Saturday to see him scrambling and completing passes. Or the week before when he ran out of the pocket and threw the game winning TD. And the difference between Quinn and those other QBs you mentioned is the physical gifts of an NFL QB, arm strength and the type of offense they ran in college.

Also, the period key is located at the bottom right of the keyboard between the comma and the slash, it would make it much easier to read your posts if you found it.

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 05:32 PM
All you had to do was watch the game on Saturday to see him scrambling and completing passes. Or the week before when he ran out of the pocket and threw the game winning TD. And the difference between Quinn and those other QBs you mentioned is the physical gifts of an NFL QB, arm strength and the type of offense they ran in college.

Also, the period key is located at the bottom right of the keyboard between the comma and the slash, it would make it much easier to read your posts if you found it.this just in Brady quinn defeats navy.

endorPHINS72
10-29-2006, 05:36 PM
i've watched him play nothing special about quinn what i'm saying is you bought into the hype as well that's why you are on his jock who knows you might be a norte dame fan

Yes I am a Notre Dame fan and that doesn't have a damned thing to do with anything. When Ron Powlus (a former Notre Dame QB and highly touted prep prospect) went pro, I didn't think he'd be anything special and he wasn't. I am a realist. I am also a Miami Dolphins fan. If I thought Brady Quinn was an overhyped marginal prospect, trust me, I wouldn't consider taking him with our first pick.

I have come to the following conclusion that you are either one of the following three:

1) Hate Notre Dame and therefore are too blind to appreciate talent from that school.

2) Haven't watched Brady Quinn play and therefore can't make an accurate analysis of his play.

3) You have watched Brady Quinn play football and still can't recognize a very talented QB prospect.

I'm going to guess "1" because of your "who knows you might be a norte dame fan" comment.

endorPHINS72
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
this just in Brady quinn defeats navy.

And Miami beats Florida International? Wisconsin takes 4 quarters to come from behind to beat Illinois? What is your point???

endorPHINS72
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM

Also, the period key is located at the bottom right of the keyboard between the comma and the slash, it would make it much easier to read your posts if you found it.

How dare you use facts and grammar in a post!! The only things that matter here are prejudice and bad grammar. :lol:

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 05:42 PM
this just in Brady quinn defeats navy.

And that proves he sucks, I'm convinced now :shakeno: This just in every college QB plays some games against bad teams

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 06:11 PM
And that proves he sucks, I'm convinced now :shakeno: This just in every college QB plays some games against bad teamsso you guys think we should draft brady quinn and you think he will be better than a healthy c-pep and if we did what do you sugest we do with daunte ????? because there is no way we are carying both of their salary'sit's got nothing do do with me being a hurricanes fan either i could care less and i could care less about if i left a period or a comma am i trying to impess anyone nope i'm just not sold on quinn and that's my opinion i'm entitled to it and i'll say it again i'm not impressed by brady quinn and we will most likley not draft him hate to disapoint you ps. i never said he sucked i just don't see him being a great nfl qb at least no better than anyone we have now so don't put words in my mouth

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 06:36 PM
so you guys think we should draft brady quinn and you think he will be better than a healthy c-pep and if we did what do you sugest we do with daunte ????? because there is no way we are carying both of their salary'sit's got nothing do do with me being a hurricanes fan either i could care less and i could care less about if i left a period or a comma am i trying to impess anyone nope i'm just not sold on quinn and that's my opinion i'm entitled to it and i'll say it again i'm not impressed by brady quinn and we will most likley not draft him hate to disapoint you

Show me where I said we should draft Quinn. In fact, I havent said that, I've said we should take Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas actually. I wouldnt be mad if we did take Quinn though if he were sitting there and the other two players I mentioned were gone.

I'm arguing with people who dont watch him play and say he sucks for reasons that make no sense. There is a difference between saying I want to draft Quinn and Quinn doesnt suck.

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Show me where I said we should draft Quinn. In fact, I havent said that, I've said we should take Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas actually. I wouldnt be mad if we did take Quinn though if he were sitting there and the other two players I mentioned were gone.

I'm arguing with people who dont watch him play and say he sucks for reasons that make no sense. There is a difference between saying I want to draft Quinn and Quinn doesnt suck.who said he sucks ? you keep putting words in my mouth i never said quinn sucked show me where i said that or anyone for that matter i said i don't see him being a good NFL qb and no better than anyone on our roster nor did i say that you said to draft quinn i said so you think we should you may like to use proper gramer but you certainly don't have reading comprehnion

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 08:37 PM
who said he sucks ? you keep putting words in my mouth i never said quinn sucked show me where i said that or anyone for that matter i said i don't see him being a good NFL qb and no better than anyone on our roster nor did i say that you said to draft quinn i said so you think we should you may like to use proper gramer but you certainly don't have reading comprehnion

You didnt say Quinn sucked, people on this forum have said it several times though. Read some posts by dom. I said I'm arguing with PEOPLE, people implies more than just you.

Stop with the games. When you say, so you guys think this you are implying that that is what we are saying. You can back track later and say I never said you said this I was asking a question but we all know what you meant. And if you werent implying that I was saying we should draft Quinn then why did you say:

not draft him hate to disapoint you

Why would you think I was going to be disappointed if you werent implying I was favoring picking Quinn?

Also when you say if we give you enough time you can complete the throws Quinn makes

i don't see him complete passes ast the college level unless he get's alot of time to throw the ball which if you give me time to throw i will complete passes as well imagine

You are implying either that he sucks or that you're really good. If your spelling is anything like your throwing I'll assume you were talking about Quinns lack of skill. You can split hairs and say you never said Quinn sucked because you didnt specifically type it out all you want.

Along with punctuation you might want to run a post through a spell checker too. My reading comprehension abilities should be the last thing on your mind of all people.

adamprez2003
10-29-2006, 10:02 PM
I'd love to see a link to scouts saying they arent impressed with him. They might have moved him down a couple spots on their draft boards but I havent seen anyone, other than posters on this board, say they arent impressed with him and that he's average or worse from some posters.

check out this week's pro football weekly. page 25

"However his detractors will say he had all day to throw on the drive (UCLA final drive) and struggled too much vs. pressure in a game in which he took five sacks. Scouts question how much he will get better after having spent two years with Charlie Weis. Quinn figures to be the top quarterback drafted next year, but not all scouts are convinced he is the best pro prospect. They argue that he crumbles under pressure, is too erratic when he is protected and cannot make plays on his own."

I've been saying the same thing about his crumbling under pressure but its interesting to note that doubts are cropping up about his game when he has protection

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 09:53 AM
because every year people prove they have no clue what they're talking about by declaring everyone a bust just because they're widely considered the best prospect in the draft.

Majpain
10-30-2006, 09:57 AM

I guess you want to get bashed by Aj Hawk then :lol:

Nick Mangold
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM

I'm arguing with people who dont watch him play and say he sucks for reasons that make no sense. There is a difference between saying I want to draft Quinn and Quinn doesnt suck.

your absolutely right Shula, Quinn does NOT suck.

But if you honestly think he is more than an average QB, you are completely dilusional and just have a hard on for him because you are a ND fan.

Dude, your arguments trying to make Quinn the best prospect in 2007 are so boring, get off his jock man, he's not that great and ND has been squeeking by opponents for the last few weeks.

Is it just those gold ND goggles you are watching the games through, or are you really THAT impressed with Quinns play? I really want to know.

REMEMBER, i said Quinn DOES NOT suck, so you cant use that argument again.

Please tell me what Quinn has done THIS YEAR that has impressed you so much.

It really doesnt make sense to me at all.

Gardenhead
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM

But if you honestly think he is more than an average QB, you are completely dilusional and just have a hard on for him because you are a ND fan.

Dude, your arguments trying to make Quinn the best prospect in 2007 are so boring, get off his jock man, he's not that great and ND has been squeeking by opponents for the last few weeks.

Is it just those gold ND goggles you are watching the games through, or are you really THAT impressed with Quinns play? I really want to know.

jets suck. just wanted to remind you. the ref was right in that call. don't be a baby.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 03:23 PM
that's because you're a lunatic.

protypical size, athletic ability and mechanics, combined with success in a proven pro-style offense week in and week out against Division 1A teams, as well as a clear ability to orchestrate an offense in a 2-minute drill = top-flight QB prospect. charlie weiss' offense isn't designed to make you look flashy and jaw-dropping.

it's the same reason people say tom brady is overrated; they don't know what they're talking about.

Gardenhead
10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
that's because you're a lunatic.

protypical size, athletic ability and mechanics, combined with success in a proven pro-style offense week in and week out against Division 1A teams, as well as a clear ability to orchestrate an offense in a 2-minute drill = top-flight QB prospect. charlie weiss' offense isn't designed to make you look flashy and jaw-dropping.

it's the same reason people say tom brady is overrated; they don't know what they're talking about.

You forgot to tell him that the jets suck.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
You forgot to tell him that the jets suck.
he should've figured that out himself after losing to the browns.

PhinFan0202
10-30-2006, 03:54 PM

:sidelol: Me too bro, too bad A.J. Hawk would rip my head off. I can't imagine the things he could say when he gets a sack on Quinn.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
his sister doesn't really look that good to me. :hmmm:

Majpain
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
his sister doesn't really look that good to me. :hmmm:

Its a guy thing :)

DonShula84
10-30-2006, 04:33 PM

You act like there is a concesses that Quinn sucks and I'm just a homer pretending like he is good. You think people have him in the top 10 of the draft because he is nothing special and only average? I dont have to justify thinking he is above average because it's a fact. Ask an NFL scout and analyst if my position makes sense or yours, and I'd bet my life more would side with me. Everything minus the Michigan game and the first half of MSU has impressed me.

He has great size, leadership skills, touch on his passes can throw the deep ball well is coached by one of the best o-coordinators around who says he could play for the Patriots today and they wouldn't really miss a beat.

There are plenty of players on ND's team who I see rated in the top 25 who I dont think belong their so I'm not just a homer who thinks Quinn can do no wrong. But to say he is only average boarders on insane. The glasses you watch the games with must be covered with **** because there is no way you could watch Quinn play and think he's average unless you just hate ND or are looking for any excuse to hate Quinn.

Crowder52
10-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Quinn's sister is busted!

Nick Mangold
10-30-2006, 04:49 PM
he should've figured that out himself after losing to the browns.

the jets do suck, youre absolutely right, i can admit that about my team unlike phin fans.

whats the fins record right? :sidelol:

whos the worst team in the NFL right now? :sidelol:

The phins beat the jets this year already, right? :sidelol:

the phins are gonna win out right and go to the superbowl this year, right? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

:shakeno:

delusional phin fans year in and year out.

the LAST thing i should be hearing from a phin fan is ANYTHING about losing.

the phins are all about losing.

thats there bag baby!!! :cpatch: :cpatch:

BTW, shula, brady quinn sucks dude! notre LAME is overrated! open your eyes! get off his dick!

Nick Mangold
10-30-2006, 04:53 PM
jets suck. just wanted to remind you. the ref was right in that call. don't be a baby.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

hows that bye week going?

just another week delay on yet another phin loss.

you're team is terrible and you fans are delusional.

this is the weakest site for the weakest team in the NFL. :sidelol:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 04:56 PM
the jets do suck, youre absolutely right, i can admit that about my team unlike phin fans.

whats the fins record right? :sidelol:

whos the worst team in the NFL right now? :sidelol:

The phins beat the jets this year already, right? :sidelol:

the phins are gonna win out right and go to the superbowl this year, right? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

:shakeno:

delusional phin fans year in and year out.

the LAST thing i should be hearing from a phin fan is ANYTHING about losing.

the phins are all about losing.

thats there bag baby!!! :cpatch: :cpatch:

BTW, shula, brady quinn sucks dude! notre LAME is overrated! open your eyes! get off his dick!
sadly this is the most intelligent post a jets fan has ever posted.

DonShula84
10-30-2006, 04:57 PM

So now it went from average to sucking in 5 minutes, interesting. Why I bother with people who have no idea what they're talking about is beyond me.

Nick Mangold
10-30-2006, 05:01 PM
sadly this is the most intelligent post a jets fan has ever posted.

and whats written underneath your user name is the smartest thing i've seen from a phin fan. :cooldude:

i hope for the phins sake they go the Joe Thomas/Calvin Johnson route.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 05:02 PM
and whats written underneath your user name is the smartest thing i've seen from a phin fan. :cooldude:

i hope for the phins sake they go the Joe Thomas/Calvin Johnson route.
i figure for our sake that the power generator for your trailer runs out of gas and you go bye-bye.

DonShula84
10-30-2006, 05:05 PM
i figure for our sake that the power generator for your trailer runs out of gas and you go bye-bye.

:lol:

Nick Mangold
10-30-2006, 05:41 PM

unfortunately we dont use power generators in Brooklyn, we have electricity.

that sounds more like a problem you guys would have down in FL.

good one none the less!

jlfin
10-30-2006, 07:20 PM

Touche' :lol:

silverloop13
10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
If we have a shot at him we should take him. Id rather draft him and him be a bust than to not draft him and watch him be a star for somebody else while we all spend another year blaming the O-line as the reason Daunte cant get it done.

And the next guy who holds out on us please make it worth it next time.

Phinzone
11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
are you crazy everyone on this site wanted us to ge rivers everyone =(majorty) wanted manny lawson last year and the year before we got brown who was the poular choice

do you know that prior to the senior bowl most people here hated rivers? I suggested we "trade up" for rivers and was hacked apart because no one (and I do mean no one) thought he would go above the 3rd round!

I made a HUGE rivers push on this board (watched him a lot at NC State) and just laughed as he flew up the boards. People eh?

PhinsRock
11-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I like Quinn, but don't feel he's the second coming of Dan Marino, and we have DC so I don't see us drafting Quinn.

columbuslarry
11-02-2006, 03:37 PM
2 reasons he plays for ND and most of you Miami Huricane fans hate ND reason two he plays for Charlie Weis who everyone hates from his NE days.

marino1348
11-02-2006, 04:56 PM
mmikel30, DonShula already told you where the period key was located. Maybe if you would use it, I could understand the jibberish you're talking about. I'm not usually a stickler for grammar, but your posts are just plain ridiculous.