PDA

View Full Version : Steve Smith/Tedd Ginn Jr...

MrEd
10-29-2006, 10:07 PM
The more I watch Steve Smith gain yardage on reverses and catch long receptions and score TD's...the more I would rather have Tedd Ginn Jr selected as our 1st round pick.

And I wouldn't be disappointed if SF takes CJ with the 1st pick of the draft.

The way I see it... SF will lose probably the rest of their games or only win one more and end up with the 1st pick in the draft and select CJ.

DET will end up with the 2nd pick and select Brady Quinn.

ARI at #3 wants Joe Thomas and OAK at #4 probably wants Peterson. If we find ourselves picking #5...I'd go Tedd Ginn Jr.

DUB
10-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Wouldn't mind that and I would say your prediction is realistic.

MrEd
10-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't mind that and I would say your prediction is realistic.

And I would at least dangle Chambers before the free agency period for a 1st round pick. If we find no takers...we keep him and cut Booker. If we do get a 1st rounder for Chambers, I'd pull the trigger and restructure Booker to make a WR corps of:

WR: Tedd Ginn Jr/W.Welker/M.Vick
WR: M.Booker/D.Hagan

or

WR: C.Chambers/D.Hagan

SQuinn17
10-29-2006, 10:25 PM
teddy ginn is a burner, would love to have him on the team. he'd be our #1 not chambers

Majpain
10-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Calvin Johnson is the next Moss/TO but without the attitude. You dont pass on that kind of talent.

RockinPhinfan
10-29-2006, 10:51 PM
And I would at least dangle Chambers before the free agency period for a 1st round pick.

Chambers isnt worth a first rounder. No body is going to pay that much for an inconsistant WR who has had one pro bowl season. I believe Booker had one or two pro bowl appearances, but we didn't give a 1st for him. A 2nd rounder would be more realistic.

Ginn would be a great addition. I have watched the Buckeyes play the last few seasons and he has been a big playmaker for OSU. He is small but if he gets in the open, he's gone. Great returner, too.

:dolphins:

PHANTASTIC 13
10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Chris Chambers is one of the top ten wide receivers in the NFL, he can't help it if the QB can't get him the ball. The guy can make acrobatic catches like nobody else, I for one am very happy he plays for the Dolphins.

mmikel30
10-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Chris Chambers is one of the top ten wide receivers in the NFL, he can't help it if the QB can't get him the ball. The guy can make acrobatic catches like nobody else, I for one am very happy he plays for the Dolphins.i love chris and always thought he was super talented but when do you stop making excuses for the guy

NYS HS Champ11
10-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Either Calvin or Ted.....either or, I am a Calvin fan tho

COMEBACKRICKY
10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
cut chambers??! are you serious? yeah hes inconsistent but overall we are better with him. and as for ginn i would love this guy on our team... but i dont want to reach for him... and ohhhh CJ is a FRIGGIN MONSTER... either way, i think we need a playmaker, and go oline later! im with anything exept against an olinman really early, because this league has proven that most of the oline come later in the draft

SuperBowlin07
10-29-2006, 11:49 PM
And I would at least dangle Chambers before the free agency period for a 1st round pick. If we find no takers...we keep him and cut Booker. If we do get a 1st rounder for Chambers, I'd pull the trigger and restructure Booker to make a WR corps of:

WR: M.Booker/D.Hagan

or

WR: C.Chambers/D.Hagan

I just do not see Marcus Vick being a solid NFL reciever. If anything, it will be a slash type player, but i never want to have to rely on him being on of our top recievers.

SuperBowlin07
10-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Chambers isnt worth a first rounder. No body is going to pay that much for an inconsistant WR who has had one pro bowl season. I believe Booker had one or two pro bowl appearances, but we didn't give a 1st for him. A 2nd rounder would be more realistic.

Ginn would be a great addition. I have watched the Buckeyes play the last few seasons and he has been a big playmaker for OSU. He is small but if he gets in the open, he's gone. Great returner, too.

Not that i want to trade Chambers, but look what Deion Branch went to Seattle for. I do not consider Deion Branch better than Chris Chambers.

Fresh
10-30-2006, 03:28 AM
If we have a shot to either flat out selection Calvin Johnson, or move up for him without giving up TOO MUCH (hell, what is too much for this guy?), then it's a must. However, if we're not picking top 5.. Tedd Ginn Jr. instantly becomes my guy.

mariocarciero
10-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Chris Chambers is one of the top ten wide receivers in the NFL, he can't help it if the QB can't get him the ball. The guy can make acrobatic catches like nobody else, I for one am very happy he plays for the Dolphins.

Wake Up Buddy! He is not top 10. He is top 10 in your heart

mariocarciero
10-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Not that i want to trade Chambers, but look what Deion Branch went to Seattle for. I do not consider Deion Branch better than Chris Chambers.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

endorPHINS72
10-30-2006, 07:47 AM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

What's to laugh about? He's absolutely right.

MrEd
10-30-2006, 08:08 AM

:rolleyes2 :eek: :shakeno:

MrEd
10-30-2006, 08:10 AM
I just do not see Marcus Vick being a solid NFL reciever. If anything, it will be a slash type player, but i never want to have to rely on him being on of our top recievers.

How do I have him as one of our top receivers??? I have him last on the depth chart?:confused:

MrEd
10-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Calvin Johnson is the next Moss/TO but without the attitude. You dont pass on that kind of talent.

Who ever said pass on CJ???

I said that he would probably go #1 to SF. :shakeno:

Majpain
10-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Who ever said pass on CJ???

I said that he would probably go #1 to SF. :shakeno:

Its lookinglike SF, Zona, and Miami. Damn CJ would go first : /

Stitches
10-30-2006, 09:53 AM

We got Booker and a 3rd round pick from the Bears for Ogunleye. Our asking price was a 1st and 3rd round pick. So technically, we did trade a first round pick for Booker.

MrEd
10-30-2006, 12:53 PM

Yep. This is why I'm not getting hyped up over CJ. Because there is no way we end up with the #1 pick.

The way I see it... SF is the worst team in football. They won't win more than 1 more game. I think that DET, OAK, ARI all will be worst than us as well.

So I can't see us any higher than #5. I'm sorry. And it's not farfetched that CLE and BUF won't end up losing more games than us.

The more logical position to me is #7. Hopefully, Ginn Jr ain't gone by then.

MrEd
10-30-2006, 12:57 PM

The only luck we would have is that ARI, DET, and OAK don't need WR's. :tongue:

So they could lose all they want. It's teams like SF, CLE, and BUF that worry me. They would snatch CJ and even maybe Ginn Jr. in a heart beat. :boohoo:

@@@
10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I see the Raiders taking Quinn or Brohm and i can't see the Cardinals or Lions taking a receiver, the 49ers are a wild card since they need defense far more than offense but might find it tough to pass on Johnson so with these teams around us at the bottom of the pile i think if we're in the top 4 we have a shot at Johnson and if he's not there then Joe Thomas becomes the logical choice, i wouldn't like to see us looking at Ginn unless we're nearer the 10-15 area

Motion
10-30-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd be pissed if we took Ginn that high.

MrEd
10-30-2006, 01:11 PM

Why? Who would you be mad at bypassing? If Quinn, CJ, Peterson, and Thomas are gone in the 1st 4 picks?

Static387
10-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Dosen't matter. Ginn won't be in this draft.

Motion
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Why? Who would you be mad at bypassing? If Quinn, CJ, Peterson, and Thomas are gone in the 1st 4 picks?
I'd take Sam Baker, Jarred Gaither, Laron Landry, Leon Hall, Marcus Thomas, Frank Okam, and Alan Branch all before Ginn. Just to name a few. This whole argument is moot anyway from what I've heard Ginn promised his dad he'd finish school or something like that.

Dosen't matter. Ginn won't be in this draft.

:yeahthat:

Majpain
10-30-2006, 03:27 PM

Why? He might not even come out this year.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
the only WR i'd take in the top 10 is calvin johnson.

Motion
10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Why? He might not even come out this year.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

This whole argument is moot anyway from what I've heard Ginn promised his dad he'd finish school or something like that.

I realize this.

Motion
10-30-2006, 03:31 PM
the only WR i'd take in the top 10 is calvin johnson.
:yeahthat:

Majpain
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh my bad. I didnt read into the thread that much.

jtpatri
11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
GINN=OVERRATED, all he does is run fast. i havent watched him much but with b/c of hise size hes complete reicever, all he does is go deep, i could make the argument gonzalez is better

Stitches
11-01-2006, 08:32 PM
GINN=OVERRATED, all he does is run fast. i havent watched him much but with b/c of hise size hes complete reicever, all he does is go deep, i could make the argument gonzalez is better

Most woul agree Gonzo is better at reciever. But Ginn has potential, blazing speed, and game breaking ability. All things scouts drool over.

jbyrd423
11-01-2006, 08:37 PM
i would agree gonzo is probably better. i know ginn has a ton of upside but i dont think he will pan out in the nfl. if you want to draft him late in the 1st thats fine but to take him in the middle to lower first round, i think would be a waste. he will probably be a good reciever in the nfl but i dont think he will be great. he can really do damage if he goes to a team with a true #1 on the other side, then his blazing speed would stretch the d

Majpain
11-01-2006, 08:41 PM

Gonzo is a better all-around WR. Ginn can spread the field with his amazing speed. If a WR has Moss like speed they will do fine in the NFL.

Motion
11-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Gonzo is a better all-around WR. Ginn can spread the field with his amazing speed. If a WR has Moss like speed they will do fine in the NFL.

Rocket Ismail would disagree with you. :tongue:

jbyrd423
11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Rocket Ismail would disagree with you. :tongue:

exactly... im not saying smaller guys cant do it in the nfl, look at steve smith and deon branch, but i just dont see ginn being worth a top ten pick after is nfl career