PDA

View Full Version : jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon

Slappy8800
10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
go scarlet knights go!!

Alex44
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Have they beaten anybody worth the breathe it would take to talk about them yet?

Gardenhead
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
wrong forum

Its Santos
10-30-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm from Uconn so I can't join that bandwagon and just hope it burns down. Football is just not going well for me. ( minus the fact seeing how bad Uconn is we gave rutgers a scare )

I wish I liked basketball and I would be all set.

Slappy8800
10-30-2006, 02:35 PM
really? i thought i was in the draft forum when i posted this?

Gardenhead
10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
This is the draft forum.

There is a college football forum.

dolfan747
10-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I grew up about 40 mins away from Rutgers and they have always done a horrible job of recruiting. I'm happy to see them ranked and kickin butt. Go Rutgers!! I was also looking for the draft forum. hahahah

Slappy8800
10-30-2006, 02:50 PM
This is the draft forum.

There is a college football forum.

oh look at that! i never noticed it down there...my bad

Gardenhead
10-30-2006, 02:51 PM
its cool.. i wasnt trying to be a nazi.

Motion
10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
oh look at that! i never noticed it down there...my bad

:lol:

SQuinn17
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
derrick roberson and dimitri linton both played on my high school team. i still dont think rutgers is that good though. they still havent beaten anybody...look at their schedule, pretty weak. lets see what they do against a ranked opponent first.

NJFINSFAN1
10-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Where you guys been??? A few of us have been on board since day one!

OSUDauby
10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
go scarlet knights go!!

Yeah, Go Scarlet Knights Go....
Go play someone good, get the win, then come here and get hyped up.
Until then.....shhhhhh!

54Fins
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Go Scarlet Knights Go....
Go play someone good, get the win, then come here and get hyped up.
Until then.....shhhhhh!Well at least your a Reds fan:sidelol:

54Fins
10-30-2006, 07:13 PM
go scarlet knights go!!Heh! I thought i was the only one to post Rutgers stuff here.:lol: It's sad when people can't see a cinderella story.And even when they do they loath it and try to say things like"They didn't play anybody":boohoo: Sad,Sad,Sad.

Kdawg954
10-30-2006, 07:28 PM
derrick roberson and dimitri linton both played on my high school team. i still dont think rutgers is that good though. they still havent beaten anybody...look at their schedule, pretty weak. lets see what they do against a ranked opponent first.

Yea, I knew Dimitri also (NorthEast), any idea why he isn't even getting a snap at RB? I know Ray Rice is amazing . . . but I would expect Linton to atleast be on special teams . . . he isn't still hurt is he? I know last season he was neck and neck with Rice for the starting job before getting hurt and I heard for this season he was impressive in practice also. We just can't seem to get these Broward RB's going at Rutgers . . . I was close friends with Markis Faycson also (Dillard), and I remember he had a solid game against UM one year, but fell off after.

Kdawg954
10-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Heh! I thought i was the only one to post Rutgers stuff here.:lol: It's sad when people can't see a cinderella story.And even when they do they loath it and try to say things like"They didn't play anybody":boohoo: Sad,Sad,Sad.

U can check when they played they first game, I was in the post and let everybody know that I am a fan, mainly because of the talent they get from down here . . . especially out of Broward County.

However, it is true that they have played NOBODY. And they almost lost to South Florida, and struggled with Uconn. Matter fact, tho the Big East is strong record wise, their out of conference schedules have been extremly weak. This could be good or bad, maybe the Big East is a super conference, but we don't know that tho, and as of right now . . . . I would take a 1 loss Auburn or Florida team, over a unbeaten Big East team in the championship . . . unless West Va or Rutgers or Louviille just completely dominate the rest of their games.

54Fins
10-30-2006, 07:46 PM
U can check when they played they first game, I was in the post and let everybody know that I am a fan, mainly because of the talent they get from down here . . . especially out of Broward County.

However, it is true that they have played NOBODY. And they almost lost to South Florida, and struggled with Uconn. Matter fact, tho the Big East is strong record wise, their out of conference schedules have been extremly weak. This could be good or bad, maybe the Big East is a super conference, but we don't know that tho, and as of right now . . . . I would take a 1 loss Auburn or Florida team, over a unbeaten Big East team in the championship . . . unless West Va or Rutgers or Louviille just completely dominate the rest of their games.Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?BTW,Go look at Rutgers roster(and Starters)and tell me were there from again? Someone mustbe misleading you buddy.Out of 22 starters,4 ,Lets count again FOUR are from Fl.You tell me how may are from Jersey.

DonShula84
10-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?

They may not play 8 powerhouses but atleast they 2 and a couple other good teams. That's more than can be said for Big East teams.

Slappy8800
10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
just wait till we beat up louisville

Kdawg954
10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?

Besides Texas? lol that is a big non conference test, and it was in Texas right? They beat Iowa at Iowa, they beat an always tuff Michigan State team, they beat Penn State . . . and don't even factor in beating these teams, they destroyed all of them . . . and has been the most consistent offensive team in the country and one of the top defensively as well. And that Cincy team gave Louiville a good game.

Michigan beat Notre Dame . . . that is a huge non conference test.

Rutgers, West Va, and Louville don't have those type of wins (Not even Louivilles beating of Miami means much with Miami barely beating Duke by 5, its a big non conference win, but not as big as it would have been in years past). To me, that is going to hurt the Big East when it comes down to it all.

But I hope Rutgers can go undefeated, would be an amazing story.

LouPhinFan
10-30-2006, 08:18 PM
just wait till we beat up louisville

Slow down there man. I seriously doubt you'll be "beating up" the Ville.

Slappy8800
10-30-2006, 08:20 PM
double digit win....write it down

54Fins
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Besides Texas? lol that is a big non conference test, and it was in Texas right? They beat Iowa at Iowa, they beat an always tuff Michigan State team, they beat Penn State . . . and don't even factor in beating these teams, they destroyed all of them . . . and has been the most consistent offensive team in the country and one of the top defensively as well. And that Cincy team gave Louiville a good game.

Michigan beat Notre Dame . . . that is a huge non conference test.

Rutgers, West Va, and Louville don't have those type of wins (Not even Louivilles beating of Miami means much with Miami barely beating Duke by 5, its a big non conference win, but not as big as it would have been in years past). To me, that is going to hurt the Big East when it comes down to it all.

But I hope Rutgers can go undefeated, would be an amazing story.Your last line is what it's all about to me.No,there isn't a comparison between OHio State and Rutgers.The wins are the only thing of importance.If my team keeps winning it will be an amazing story.At this time noone can tell me that 8-0 is a fluke or whatever.it is what it is,and alot of people believe this team is for real.

54Fins
10-30-2006, 08:26 PM
just wait till we beat up louisville:D

Kdawg954
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Your last line is what it's all about to me.No,there isn't a comparison between OHio State and Rutgers.The wins are the only thing of importance.If my team keeps winning it will be an amazing story.At this time noone can tell me that 8-0 is a fluke or whatever.it is what it is,and alot of people believe this team is for real.

Definetly not a fluke, I am happy for Rutgers also. They deserve everything they are getting right now, they have earned it.

LouPhinFan
10-30-2006, 09:35 PM
double digit win....write it down

So it is written.:rolleyes:

Vol&dolfan
10-31-2006, 12:54 AM
I think Rutgers will boast WV schedule and help put the mountianeers in the NC game. I don't see them losing to Louisville or Rutgers. I think the NC game will be WV and whoever wins the Ohio State and Michigan game. Sorry Rutgers fans just what I think.

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Yea, I knew Dimitri also (NorthEast), any idea why he isn't even getting a snap at RB? I know Ray Rice is amazing . . . but I would expect Linton to atleast be on special teams . . . he isn't still hurt is he? I know last season he was neck and neck with Rice for the starting job before getting hurt and I heard for this season he was impressive in practice also. We just can't seem to get these Broward RB's going at Rutgers . . . I was close friends with Markis Faycson also (Dillard), and I remember he had a solid game against UM one year, but fell off after.

They have a freshman (Young) who is better then Dimitri and ahead of him on the depth chart.

OSUDauby
10-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Well at least your a Reds fan:sidelol:

And at least I know the difference between "your" and "you're"
Rutgers...THE state university of New Jersey. Duh!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 09:37 AM
i'm on the bandwagon, too. :wink:

OSUDauby
10-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?BTW,Go look at Rutgers roster(and Starters)and tell me were there from again? Someone mustbe misleading you buddy.Out of 22 starters,4 ,Lets count again FOUR are from Fl.You tell me how may are from Jersey.

Ummm, you forgot Iowa, who was #13 in the nation when OSU went into Iowa City and dominated.

And you also forgot that Ohio State is set to face their next 1 vs 2 game in the same season. And when they win that, they will face their third #1 vs #2 game in the same season. This has never been done twice, let alone three times.

The Big East is just the same old Big Easy that it always has been.

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 11:45 AM
I have more respect for the R than WV...you guys came from nothing to something

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Ummm, you forgot Iowa, who was #13 in the nation when OSU went into Iowa City and dominated.

And you also forgot that Ohio State is set to face their next 1 vs 2 game in the same season. And when they win that, they will face their third #1 vs #2 game in the same season. This has never been done twice, let alone three times.

The Big East is just the same old Big Easy that it always has been.
Dude, the Big East was easy due to a team like the Rutgers...they turned their program around. They were your version of NW and our version of UK

OSUDauby
10-31-2006, 04:54 PM
Dude, the Big East was easy due to a team like the Rutgers...they turned their program around. They were your version of NW and our version of UK

Ok, I don't mean to rain on the Rutgers parade here, but...
To "turn a program around" takes more than one good season. It takes many seasons. Having one good season in the midst of several bad seasons only to go back (which will likely happen) is not a turn around.

There is a great chance that Rutgers will lose to WVU, Louisville, and a bowl game. Yeah, it was nice seeing them in the top 25, but by seasons end, they will likely be gone. That is just the way that it will happen.

This season will not bring that many good recruits to Rutgers, it just doesn't work like that.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 08:18 PM
To "turn a program around" takes more than one good season. It takes many seasons. Having one good season in the midst of several bad seasons only to go back (which will likely happen) is not a turn around.

There is a great chance that Rutgers will lose to WVU, Louisville, and a bowl game. Yeah, it was nice seeing them in the top 25, but by seasons end, they will likely be gone. That is just the way that it will happen.

This season will not bring that many good recruits to Rutgers, it just doesn't work like that.
they also went to a bowl game last year.

although of course you wouldn't know that because you're an OSU fan and you think of nothing outside of columbus.

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM

Great chance Michigan beats OSU also!!!!:wink:

54Fins
10-31-2006, 10:00 PM
And at least I know the difference between "your" and "you're"
Rutgers...THE state university of New Jersey. Duh!Can i say smuck?Wow,YOU ARE a pretty intelligent person.I doubt Rutgers would accept you though.They are known as a academic's first college(if you know what i'm talking about,Maurice):wink:

Slappy8800
10-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Great chance Michigan beats OSU also!!!!:wink:

michigan's offense cant score enough to beat the buckeyes...go troy smith!

Motion
11-03-2006, 08:56 AM
I'll be on the wagon next week!

zachequalsgod
11-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I'll be on the wagon next week!

It be much easier to jump on the Louisville bandwagon... You know, when they pass the Gators in the rankings. :D

Motion
11-03-2006, 09:12 AM
It be much easier to jump on the Louisville bandwagon... You know, when they pass the Gators in the rankings. :D

:lol: I'd love to play you guys!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 09:15 AM
I'll be on the wagon next week! :yeahthat:

i like louisville, but i'm a tad bit more partial to UF. plus it'd be great to see rutgers win the Big East and go to the Orange Bowl.

but let's be realistic here....louisville should win by 3 TD's.

Ronnie Bass
11-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Slow down there man. I seriously doubt you'll be "beating up" the Ville.

After watching last night's game I think Louisville is riped for a beating, the Cards defense didn't impress me that much so I think Rutgers can put up points and whenever a strong offense(Louisville) meets a strong defense(Rutgers), the results are usually in favor of the defense more times than not.

Alex44
11-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Im sorry but Rutgers hasnt beaten anyone worth our breath....and for that reason Im picking LV by 24 points.

Hope you prove me wrong though :) nothing against Rutgers, I just dont believe they are that good.

MikeO
11-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Im sorry but Rutgers hasnt beaten anyone worth our breath....and for that reason Im picking LV by 24 points.

Hope you prove me wrong though :) nothing against Rutgers, I just dont believe they are that good.

Lville will win but not by 24. It's on the road and Lville is due for somewhat of a letdown after the big WV win.

NJFINSFAN1
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Lville will win but not by 24. It's on the road and Lville is due for somewhat of a letdown after the big WV win.

It will be a close one

1. Rutgers put great pressure on the QB
2. Rutgers will run with Success against them
3. Like you said, it will be hard for ville to get up after this week

For Rutgers to win, they need Teel and the young WR's to step up, hopefully one or more of the Three starting WR's make it back from injurys for the game, that would be huge!

Alex44
11-03-2006, 01:45 PM

I thought LV was home, so thats my fault.

I'll say in the 14 to 17 point range still though, but I am pulling for Rutgers I just cant see them beating LV.

Cool Calm Mike
11-03-2006, 02:41 PM
The Rutgers defensive line will win the game against Louisville.

zachequalsgod
11-03-2006, 02:42 PM
After watching last night's game I think Louisville is riped for a beating, the Cards defense didn't impress me that much so I think Rutgers can put up points and whenever a strong offense(Louisville) meets a strong defense(Rutgers), the results are usually in favor of the defense more times than not.

:shakeno: People like you kill me. When Rutgers is beat by 3 TDs, then "they weren't that good." Pittsburgh will be "dominate," then Louisville beats them. Then South FL and so on and so on.

Rutgers doesn't compare to West Virginia. There I said it.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 02:43 PM
The Rutgers defensive line will win the game against Louisville.
WVU has a better d-line. :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 02:44 PM
:shakeno: People like you kill me. When Rutgers is beat by 3 TDs, then "they weren't that good." Pittsburgh will be "dominate," then Louisville beats them. Then South FL and so on and so on.

i agree. rutgers is having an AWESOME year. but i would be very surprised if louisville doesn't win by 3 TD's or more. they're just too much for rutgers.

Ronnie Bass
11-03-2006, 02:47 PM

People like me?? Seriously man, I have no idea what your talking about but go screw yourself for that comment.

zachequalsgod
11-03-2006, 02:51 PM
People like me?? Seriously man, I have no idea what your talking about but go screw yourself for that comment.

I'll get right on that.

Ronnie Bass
11-03-2006, 02:53 PM
i agree. rutgers is having an AWESOME year. but i would be very surprised if louisville doesn't win by 3 TD's or more. they're just too much for rutgers.

Louisville is tough and for real, but don't underestimate how good the Rutgers "D" is, even I was skeptical when the season began but they are for real and if they can slow the Cards down they have a pretty decent shot to beat them.

Plus the game will be at Rutgers in easily the biggest football game for this University in perhaps all-time, even more than the bowl game last year. Tickets are going for $425 a piece, that's how stoked this area will be for the game and you know the team will feed off this.

They will be fired up and should keep it very close, I can't say they won't lose big if at all but I would be shocked if they did.

Ronnie Bass
11-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I'll get right on that.

Whatever man, I could honestly care less what a wiseass like you does.

Alex44
11-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Rutgers has played well vs teams that arent very good....what reason is there to believe they can beat a very good team?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Rutgers has played well vs teams that arent very good....what reason is there to believe they can beat a very good team?
that's not very good logic.

Ronnie Bass
11-03-2006, 03:08 PM

No, no it's not.

Alex44
11-03-2006, 03:14 PM

So just because a guy can jump a low hurdle I should assume he can jump a high hurdle also?

Lots of good teams beat up on bad teams, Rutgers hasnt proven they can do that yet. Im pulling for Rutgers but I dont see any reason to believe they will pull the upset

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 03:16 PM
So just because a guy can jump a low hurdle I should assume he can jump a high hurdle also?

Lots of good teams beat up on bad teams, Rutgers hasnt proven they can do that yet. Im pulling for Rutgers but I dont see any reason to believe they will pull the upset
if rutgers lost to bad teams, then you can say "there's no reason to think they can beat a good team." but the fact that they beat bad teams shows that they can win games, and there IS a reason to think they can beat good teams.

Alex44
11-03-2006, 03:18 PM
if rutgers lost to bad teams, then you can say "there's no reason to think they can beat a good team." but the fact that they beat bad teams shows that they can win games, and there IS a reason to think they can beat good teams.

There is reason to think they could beat bad teams, but whats the proof that they can beat a good team since they havent done it yet?

A lot of teams could be where they are if they had that schedule, and I dont think a lot of teams could beat LV

Ronnie Bass
11-03-2006, 03:26 PM
There is reason to think they could beat bad teams, but whats the proof that they can beat a good team since they havent done it yet?

A lot of teams could be where they are if they had that schedule, and I dont think a lot of teams could beat LV

I don't understand why you need to see a good team beat another good team before you believe they can beat any good team. That makes NO sense man, I have many times seen teams beat good teams without having to beat anybody else that was good.

As far reasons look at the numbers that Rutgers defense has done against some very fair teams this year, that have been dominating and are ranked near the top in most key stats such as rushing yards and points allowed.

Have you even seen them play ANY games this year?

Alex44
11-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Admit I havent seen they play very much, but I think it would be dumb of me to say Rutgers can beat them when they havent proven anything like that yet.

Ronnie Bass
11-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Admit I havent seen they play very much, but I think it would be dumb of me to say Rutgers can beat them when they havent proven anything like that yet.

I think it's dumber to say a team can't beat another good team because they haven't beaten a good one yet, you know it's not like they have played good teams and lost to them, because if that was the case I could understand your reservations but that has not been the case.

And while they have not beaten any very good teams, they have beaten some quality teams and in some cases quite handily.

And by the way, I didn't think Rutgers had a good chance to beat the Cards until watching Louisville last night, don't get me wrong they are going to be a tough team to beat but they were far from looking invincible mostly because their defense did not impress.

NJFINSFAN1
11-03-2006, 03:39 PM

When rutgers was bad they always found a way to play good against good teams and even pull off upsets, your logic makes no sense.

NJFINSFAN1
11-11-2006, 08:44 PM
With Cali, Auburn losing

And Boise down in the 3rd quarter.

A good weekend just might get better for Rutgers!

MikeO
11-11-2006, 09:18 PM
With Cali, Auburn losing

And Boise down in the 3rd quarter.

A good weekend just might get better for Rutgers!

ahhhhh, they needed Mich or Ohio St to lose or at least play a nailbitter.

The Rutgers formula is this.....(assuming they are unbeaten and win out)

1) Ohio St or Mich.......whoever wins must win huge. Like by 20+ pts. Leave no doubt about who is better.
2) Florida must lose 1 game from here on out.
3) USC must beat ND. Then either Oregon (tonight), Cal, or UCLA must beat USC.
4) Texas must lose 1 game from here on out

I will say this, it wasn't a bad week for Rutgers though. Cal, Auburn, and L'ville got knocked off ahead of ya. And you almost hit the jackpot with Florida. If everything I laid out above happens..........then RUTGERS deserves that final game!! I don't see it happening, but hey ya never know and they got a punchers chance. Better to have a slim chance than no chance.

LouPhinFan
11-11-2006, 11:20 PM
I will say this, it wasn't a bad week for Rutgers though. Cal, Auburn, and L'ville got knocked off ahead of ya. And you almost hit the jackpot with Florida.
And Kansas State might end up beating Texas tonight. We smoked them earlier in the season. Them winning would have made Louisville look even better and taken Texas off our backs in the BCS standings.

This makes me even more sick because U of L didn't take care of business when they were supposed to. I was sick after the game Thursday night, tossed and turned all night, and was useless at work on Friday.

Rutgers is a good team, but I still think U of L is better. I'm sure U of L would win 8 maybe 9 out of 10 games. Rutgers was just better for one half Thursday and our coaching staff didn't make any adjustments on offense.

Ronnie Bass
11-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Rutgers is a good team, but I still think U of L is better. I'm sure U of L would win 8 maybe 9 out of 10 games. Rutgers was just better for one half Thursday and our coaching staff didn't make any adjustments on offense.

With all due respect man, that has to be one of the most ridiclous comments I have ever read here. You can't be serious.

LouPhinFan
11-11-2006, 11:48 PM
With all due respect man, that has to be one of the most ridiclous comments I have ever read here. You can't be serious.

No, I'm pretty serious. After I got away from the game and thought about every thing that happened, there was some pretty simple things that Louisville could have done to negate Rutger's pass rush in the second half. But the coaches just didn't get it done.

How can that be the most rediculous comment you've ever heard? Haven't you read any of the OSU guy's posts in the other threads? He's got alot of funny stuff to say.:D

Ronnie Bass
11-12-2006, 12:47 AM
No, I'm pretty serious. After I got away from the game and thought about every thing that happened, there was some pretty simple things that Louisville could have done to negate Rutger's pass rush in the second half. But the coaches just didn't get it done.

You are shortchanging the RU's defense bigtime, they are VERY good and for real as one of the best defenses in the country. They are fast, athletic, determined and focused and no one this season has had much success on them, what happen to Louisville's offense Thursday night was no accident, not by a longshot.

And plus what I have seen from the Louisville defense from their last two games hasn't impressed me, so to suggest that Louisville would win nine out of ten from Rutgers is an incredible reach.

How can that be the most rediculous comment you've ever heard? Haven't you read any of the OSU guy's posts in the other threads? He's got alot of funny stuff to say.:D

Hahaha, touche.

Cool Calm Mike
11-12-2006, 03:14 AM
You are shortchanging the RU's defense bigtime, they are VERY good and for real as one of the best defenses in the country. They are fast, athletic, determined and focused and no one this season has had much success on them, what happen to Louisville's offense Thursday night was no accident, not by a longshot.

Well said, give the defense credit, JEEZ. :rolleyes:

I have been watching them all year, the defensive line is undersized but is so fast out of their stance, they take over alot of games. As I said in a post before the game, I said that "Rutgers defensive line would win this game". I think someone laughed in a next post. :lol:

Like they were saying during the broadcast, there are no superstars on the defense, just a group that plays together and works well off of eachother.

There defense is one of the best in the country.

By the way, #36 Courtney Greene, the safety flies all over the field making tackles. He is only a sophmore and will be a top safety in the country by the time he is a senior.

Give Rutgers credit!!!

NJFINSFAN1
11-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Rutgers very simply outplayed and out coached Louie.

LouPhinFan
11-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Rutgers very simply outplayed and out coached Louie.

I don't dispute the fact that U of L was outcoached, but I don't think they were outplayed. They were up 25-7 at one time and if you take away that long middle screen that Rutgers ran with the 3rd string RB on the last drive before halftime, I'm not sure Rutgers would have scored. A 28 - 25 score tells me that no one got "outplayed" in that game. I'm just sayin' that I've seen both teams play enough to be able to make a comparison. I think U of L is the better team, but the coaches screwed up the second half for Louisville.

Even Petrino's post game comment "'Brian was rattled and couldn't keep his eyes DOWN FIELD" tells me what they were thinking. That tells me against the pass rush they were still trying to throw the ball long against that soft zone they were playing behind the rush. That's pretty silly, trying to throw long when there's too many rushers for your line to block. A few short slants or 5 yard curls to Urrutia would have made Rutgers keep 1 or 2 of their LBs back from rushing, allowing the OL to focus on the Rutgers front 4. Coaches didn't make that adjustment and kept trying to throw 10 and out/in or deep posts down the middle. U of L should have been more methotical than going for the deep kill shot.

The whole time Rutgers was rushing, the short middle was open between the hashes. I mean the TE Barnidge had ZERO catches. He's a good pass catching TE and should be the #1 target during a pass rush, and I don't remember a ball even being thrown his way!

Ronnie Bass
11-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't dispute the fact that U of L was outcoached, but I don't think they were outplayed. They were up 25-7 at one time and if you take away that long middle screen that Rutgers ran with the 3rd string RB on the last drive before halftime, I'm not sure Rutgers would have scored. A 28 - 25 score tells me that no one got "outplayed" in that game. I'm just sayin' that I've seen both teams play enough to be able to make a comparison. I think U of L is the better team, but the coaches screwed up the second half for Louisville.

Even Petrino's post game comment "'Brian was rattled and couldn't keep his eyes DOWN FIELD" tells me what they were thinking. That tells me against the pass rush they were still trying to throw the ball long against that soft zone they were playing behind the rush. That's pretty silly, trying to throw long when there's too many rushers for your line to block. A few short slants or 5 yard curls to Urrutia would have made Rutgers keep 1 or 2 of their LBs back from rushing, allowing the OL to focus on the Rutgers front 4. Coaches didn't make that adjustment and kept trying to throw 10 and out/in or deep posts down the middle. U of L should have been more methotical than going for the deep kill shot.

The whole time Rutgers was rushing, the short middle was open between the hashes. I mean the TE Barnidge had ZERO catches. He's a good pass catching TE and should be the #1 target during a pass rush, and I don't remember a ball even being thrown his way!

Why our you so intent to make excuses for players who didn't show up for the biggest 2nd half of their lives and at the same time try to take credit away from the Rutgers players?

I mean com'on, Kordell Young a 3rd string back? I mean first off he's a 2nd string back - not 3rd - and second he's a true freshman - with a TON of talent - who is playing behind one of the top RB's in the country on a top ten team, that's not to shabby man. But you make it sound like that you guys got beat by some bum on that paly.

And quit trying to put this all on the coaches, did they make mistakes? I'm sure they did but the bottom line these games are won and lost by the young men playing the game, not the old men coaching it.

And by the way, before the game former Rutgers QB Ray Lucas said if you hit the Louisville QB and hit him often he would melt and sure enough he did, there is NOTHING the coaches can do about that.