PDA

View Full Version : If We Draft Brady Quinn, We're In For A Long Year

Xbrett82us
10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
It is so irritating seeing people consider Brady Quinn to be the best quarterback in the draft. He can barely get by in college football. Sure he puts up good numbers, but its simple with that wide receiving core. Troy Smith is a much better pick than Quinn, some will argue that he's short, but with his quickness and accuracy, he could do a lot of damage to opposing defenses.

Crowder52
10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Congratulations, you've successfully proven that you know nothing about how a QB's game will transfer from college to the pros!

TakeIt2DaHouse
10-31-2006, 01:53 PM
troy smith is a bum plain and simple

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 01:53 PM
yeah, the arm strength, accuracy, great decisions, pocket pressence, etc are all because of his receivers.

PerfectFinz72
10-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Troy Smith looks like a good QB...in college. Brady Quinn (if you actually watch his games) you can see the type of QB play he brings translates to the NFL.

Namor
10-31-2006, 01:58 PM
If Brady Quinn is there when we pick,we need to take him.

PhinFan0202
10-31-2006, 02:00 PM
I see both Troy Smith and Brady Quinn as good QBs. I see Brady Quinn transitioning to the NFL a little quicker because he's played in a Pro Style offense for a couple of years now. He also has all of the measurables you look for in an NFL QB. Before we got Dante Saban sent some scouts to go check him out at the USC/ND game last year which has to mean something.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=150329

He has only really struggled in 1 game this year and that was against Michigan who will more than likely be in the National Championship or come very close. Against Michigan state he made a couple of bad throws but finished strong.

Personally i like Brian Brohm out of Loiusville.

PhinFan0202
10-31-2006, 02:04 PM
It is so irritating seeing people consider Brady Quinn to be the best quarterback in the draft. He can barely get by in college football. Sure he puts up good numbers, but its simple with that wide receiving core. Troy Smith is a much better pick than Quinn, some will argue that he's short, but with his quickness and accuracy, he could do a lot of damage to opposing defenses.

We may be in for a long year but we could also be in for a long career of him throwing TDs to our WRs.

GT Dolfan
10-31-2006, 02:12 PM
He has only really struggled in 1 game this year and that was against Michigan who will more than likely be in the National Championship or come very close. Against Michigan state he made a couple of bad throws but finished strong.

Personally i like Brian Brohm out of Loiusville.

Actually 2 games, against Georgia Tech in the Season Opener as well. All he had to do was be pressured by blitzes in the first half, and he looked TERRIBLE. And we all know behind the Miami O-Line he will be getting pressured.

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Congratulations, you've successfully proven that you know nothing about how a QB's game will transfer from college to the pros!

:lol: :sidelol:

ManBearPig
10-31-2006, 02:42 PM
So Quinn is only good because of his recievers? Oh sorry i didnt realize Ginn and Gonzales werent good recievers, not to mention they have two great runningbacks and one of the best defenses in college football to keep Smith out of pressure situations. I didnt see Smith lead a huge comeback against michigan state, and actually i dont think i have ever seen smith lead a comeback at all. Quinn also has had the coaching of Charlie Weiss who coached another quarterback who seems to be doin pretty well in the NFL.... Tom Brady anyone? What are you talkin bout Xbrett?

gator_sensation
10-31-2006, 02:46 PM
So Quinn is only good because of his recievers? Oh sorry i didnt realize Ginn and Gonzales werent good recievers, not to mention they have two great runningbacks and one of the best defenses in college football to keep Smith out of pressure situations. I didnt see Smith lead a huge comeback against michigan state, and actually i dont think i have ever seen smith lead a comeback at all. Quinn also has had the coaching of Charlie Weiss who coached another quarterback who seems to be doin pretty well in the NFL.... Tom Brady anyone? What are you talkin bout Xbrett?

You haven't seen that because he doesn't lose.

ManBearPig
10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
You dont see that because of what i said, his defense puts him in great situations, brady quinns defense is horrible.

dominizzo
10-31-2006, 02:57 PM

Yeah That:wink:

Xbrett82us
10-31-2006, 02:58 PM

I will also repeat, you haven't seen that because he doesn't lose. Smith knows how to keep his team in the game, he puts up 3-4 td numbers per game so its not like its all the runningbacks. Just by watching his games, you can see his pin point accuracy and poise in the pocket, as opposed to Quinn, who looks good when the opposing defense isn't pressuring him. The only reason Quinn has to lead comebacks is because HE got the team in that situation in the first place.

Xbrett82us
10-31-2006, 02:59 PM

such a ridiculous comment, no player who is on top of the heisman voting right now can be considered anything less than extraordinary.....you can go on and on about how good Ohio State is as a team, but he is the most consistent quarterback in college football...........BY FAR.

Nick Mangold
10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
I will also repeat, you haven't seen that because he doesn't lose. Smith knows how to keep his team in the game, he puts up 3-4 td numbers per game so its not like its all the runningbacks. Just by watching his games, you can see his pin point accuracy and poise in the pocket, as opposed to Quinn, who looks good when the opposing defense isn't pressuring him. The only reason Quinn has to lead comebacks is because HE got the team in that situation in the first place.

:shakeno:

dont even bother dude.

according to Shula and Fin Kat, brady quinn can do no wrong.

at least your smart enough to see this about Quinn but...shhh...i want Miami to draft him #1 next year so they can have yet another bust.

BTW, this is no offense to you, i agree with you 100% about Quinn.

Crowder52
10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
such a ridiculous comment, no player who is on top of the heisman voting right now can be considered anything less than extraordinary.....you can go on and on about how good Ohio State is as a team, but he is the most consistent quarterback in college football...........BY FAR.

But we're not talking about college, you brought up the NFL draft. I got some names for ya, tell me if they ring a bell. Jason White, Eric Crouch, Danny Wuerffel. All were on top of Heisman voting when they played and none were NFL QB's. Now I'm not saying Troy Smith would be as bad as these guys in the pros, but to say he is extraordinary b/c he is leading the Heisman race is naive.

ManBearPig
10-31-2006, 03:05 PM
I didnt realize getting down by multiple touchdowns was Quinns fault, i guess hes been playing defense and i didnt even know it. I have watched all of Quinns games and Smiths games cuz i live in between both cities, and im telling you smith is not as good as Quinn. And all this about how you dont see Smith pull comebacks because he doesnt lose? That makes no sense, a comeback would essentially mean he won. Now i have no doubt that he is the best player on the best team in country, but put Quinn in the same situation and it would be plain scary. To say that Quinn puts himself in a comeback situation is bull, there is a whole team on that field not just brady quinn.

Majpain
10-31-2006, 03:09 PM

Yea shows how much you know about Smith :rolleyes2.

ManBearPig
10-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Dont get me wrong, i do not want Quinn in the draft because we have needs in differant positions. But he is a hell of a player.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 03:14 PM
i love that everyone picks a QB every year to like and one to hate. one sucks, the other is great, one's a bust, the other is flying under the radar, etc etc. just tells me how little these idiots know. they just want to stir up some controversy.

Its Santos
10-31-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm bias just cause I hate Notre Dame but even so I believe Quinn could be a good addition. Depending on our pick im willing to skip a qb and upgrade the rest of the team.

If we do get Quinn we will be the new media darlings...I know quinn is good but it is like listening to announchers suck up to brady(who..yes is also very good) all the damn time.

Xbrett82us
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
I have never disagreed with Quinn's ability, and maybe I haven't seen every Notre Dame game, but the ones I have seen, I have seen Quinn fold under pressure. Maybe they still won the game, but I think a trend with Quinn is that when things go bad, they continue to go bad. I will give him credit for his comeback wins against MSU and UCLA, but his poor performance had a lot to do with why they had to comeback to begin with.

Irish Phin Fan
10-31-2006, 03:57 PM
i love that everyone picks a QB every year to like and one to hate. one sucks, the other is great, one's a bust, the other is flying under the radar, etc etc. just tells me how little these idiots know. they just want to stir up some controversy.

Exactly!

MustangFinFan
10-31-2006, 03:57 PM
is it possible to get 2 first round picks and draft Brady Quinn first.....then draft Ted Ginn Jr, or another top receiver.

As much as thatd be nice...i think our QB corps is set for at least another 4 years. Harrington/Culpepper/Lemon are good...they just need receivers who CAN catch...Welker and Hagan are keepers....Chambers has potential, Booker...eh id trade him.

MustangFinFan
10-31-2006, 03:58 PM
isnt Brian Brohm a sophomore?

malzj
10-31-2006, 04:04 PM
If we drafted B. Quinn. I don't think he would start right away.

DonShula84
10-31-2006, 04:35 PM

You want to talk about WR core, then you bring up Troy Smith :sidelol:

And the idea that Quinn is barely getting by in college is probably one of the dumbest anti Quinn remarks I've read.

DonShula84
10-31-2006, 04:41 PM

:yes:

Stitches
10-31-2006, 04:50 PM
You want to talk about WR core, then you bring up Troy Smith :sidelol:

And the idea that Quinn is barely getting by in college is probably one of the dumbest anti Quinn remarks I've read.

You know I'm not a Quinn fan Don(rather I'm not ra ra for Quinn), but he's the 2nd best QB in this draft(IMO), and it's not even close between the top 2 QBs and the 3rd best one. Anyone who says Quinn doesn't have the tools to be a NFL QB doesn't watch him play appearently. And to even suggest Quinn is dumb is a ridiculous notion. I bet he gets top 1/3rd of QBs scores on the Wonderlic.

DonShula84
10-31-2006, 05:09 PM
You know I'm not a Quinn fan Don(rather I'm not ra ra for Quinn), but he's the 2nd best QB in this draft(IMO), and it's not even close between the top 2 QBs and the 3rd best one. Anyone who says Quinn doesn't have the tools to be a NFL QB doesn't watch him play appearently. And to even suggest Quinn is dumb is a ridiculous notion. I bet he gets top 1/3rd of QBs scores on the Wonderlic.

Like I've said I have no problem with people thinking that Brohm is a better pro prospect then Quinn or even that Quinn wont be a great pro. Some of the reasons people come up with to bash him though are just funny. Why people arent even able to say he's been a really good college QB, but I dont see him being a good pro is what confuses me. It's like they just hate him but cant really explain why.

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2006, 08:09 PM

Have you watched a Notre Dame game?????

Finch83
10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
I am all for drafting Quinn if we are in position to get him. Brohm looks good too.

Majpain
10-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Qunn is NFL ready I just think he isnt good as everyone thinks.

slyfox13
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM
It is so irritating seeing people consider Brady Quinn to be the best quarterback in the draft. He can barely get by in college football. Sure he puts up good numbers, but its simple with that wide receiving core. Troy Smith is a much better pick than Quinn, some will argue that he's short, but with his quickness and accuracy, he could do a lot of damage to opposing defenses.Don't worry we wont draft Quinn.In fact we wont draft any Qb in the 1st round:sidelol:

columbuslarry
11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
What kind of numbers do you think Quinn would have if he was throwing to Gonzalez and Ginn and had Pittman as a running back and had the #1 defense in the country getting him the ball back after 3 and out. Quinn has a terrible defense a slow running back and 1 receiver that has a chance to play in the NFL that is smardja or however he spells his name. Quinn carries this team on his back.

Slappy8800
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
ND's defense doesnt get enough credit IMO

but i say no to quinn
yes to smith

DonShula84
11-07-2006, 06:11 PM
ND's defense doesnt get enough credit IMO

That's because most of the time they dont deserve any credit. They some how manage to give up big plays to team who seem completely uncapable of the big play (UNC, UCLA)

DonShula84
11-07-2006, 06:12 PM
What kind of numbers do you think Quinn would have if he was throwing to Gonzalez and Ginn and had Pittman as a running back and had the #1 defense in the country getting him the ball back after 3 and out. Quinn has a terrible defense a slow running back and 1 receiver that has a chance to play in the NFL that is smardja or however he spells his name. Quinn carries this team on his back.

I agree he doesnt have the talent that Smith does, but both Quinns WR can play in the NFL and his TE. Rhema may not be a 1st round pick, but he has skill. Quinns oline is what has been letting him down this year imo.

Shula Come Back!
11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I like what I'm hearing except for the fact that the Dolphins will not draft a QB...they have something against it....i don't know what it is....they are not allowed or something????...it's in their contract???? I wish they would take a chance on a QB in a draft just so that we can at least say we gave it a shot, but they won't do it....They will most likely have a shot at either Quinn or Brohm and they will pass because .......i don't know...I guess they did get 3 new QB's last year and I like them all, but I can't say I'm overly confident that anyone of them will win us a SB. I would rather at least have the element of surprise and possibly draft a future star even though either one could easily be a bust....I think they are both great college QB's and I would like to think they will both make good pros, but you never know.....I'm all for giving it a shot if they have the oppurtunity!

Stitches
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I like what I'm hearing except for the fact that the Dolphins will not draft a QB...they have something against it....i don't know what it is....they are not allowed or something????...it's in their contract???? I wish they would take a chance on a QB in a draft just so that we can at least say we gave it a shot, but they won't do it....They will most likely have a shot at either Quinn or Brohm and they will pass because .......i don't know...I guess they did get 3 new QB's last year and I like them all, but I can't say I'm overly confident that anyone of them will win us a SB. I would rather at least have the element of surprise and possibly draft a future star even though either one could easily be a bust....I think they are both great college QB's and I would like to think they will both make good pros, but you never know.....I'm all for giving it a shot if they have the oppurtunity!

it's week 8. It wouldn't be hard for us to wind up with pick 8 or higher at this point. Both QBs might be gone. Who knows if we'll pass on one until we get there. Let it go.

Shula Come Back!
11-07-2006, 07:35 PM
it's week 8. It wouldn't be hard for us to wind up with pick 8 or higher at this point. Both QBs might be gone. Who knows if we'll pass on one until we get there. Let it go.
true, but i was just shining some light on this subject that everyone (not just me) expects us to be at that spot during draft time....I'm just saying we won't do it if it is even possible!

steeda
11-12-2006, 12:32 PM
If we draft any quarterback, we're in for a long year. We need to draft Joe Thomas so we get some OL help.

dolfn66
11-15-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm personally hoping for either Colt McCoy or Florida's Tebow being the Dolphins next star signal caller in the future. After signing Culpepper I don't think Saban will be in a rush to go after a quarterback this soon. I think he might take his chances with those he has now and go after some help on the OL. Brady Quinn is ok but if he were to pick a quarterback in the next draft I rather it be cool under pressure Chris Leak. Oh, did I mention I'm a huge Gator supporter?

NewEra8
11-15-2006, 07:49 PM
lol I love how everyone named themselves professional scouts... this is like a Smith vs Quinn jihad

MrEd
11-15-2006, 09:33 PM

miami doesn't need to draft a QB until day 2. And that only if we plan on cutting Joey "no brains" Harrington.

NDIrishPhinPhan
11-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Brady Quinn is easily the most can't miss prospect of the 2007 class. He runs a pro-style offense to near perfection, even while handicapped by a mediocre offensive line and running game. He has conducted legendary come from behind victories, routinely picks apart the best defenses that the NCAA has to offer, and is already building pro contacts (i.e. Tom Brady) to help him adapt to the next level. The guy is just a winner who can carry his team on his back; can you say Peyton Manning part deux?

Keep in mind Notre Dame was a down program before he and Charlie Weis came to town and now they are a legitimate national championship caliber team that played one lousy game that will haunt their otherwise spectacular 2006 title run.

Kyfinsfan
11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Brady Quinn is easily the most can't miss prospect of the 2007 class. He runs a pro-style offense to near perfection, even while handicapped by a mediocre offensive line and running game. He has conducted legendary come from behind victories, routinely picks apart the best defenses that the NCAA has to offer, and is already building pro contacts (i.e. Tom Brady) to help him adapt to the next level. The guy is just a winner who can carry his team on his back; can you say Peyton Manning part deux?

Keep in mind Notre Dame was a down program before he and Charlie Weis came to town and now they are a legitimate national championship caliber team that played one lousy game that will haunt their otherwise spectacular 2006 title run.

You could take the EXACT same paragraph, insert Brohm & Petrino, and have the B.Brohm version. I have no doubt that Quinn will be the 1st QB taken, but if Brohm comes out, he won't be the best QB taken. Brohm will be the better player due to his ability to read the defense slightly better and his accuracy. Quinn's accuracy seems to leave him at times during the game...not good, to me accuracy and the mental aspects of understanding the Defense and getting out of bad plays (into good ones) are what separate QB's in the NFL. I think Quinn will be a good/abover-average starter for 5-7 years, but he won't be the "franchise" QB everyone is seeking...he will be Alex Smith.

Nick Mangold
11-17-2006, 06:59 PM

:eek:

yeah, definitely the BEST defenses the NCAA has to offer, definitely. :shakeno:

Peyton Manning part deux?!?!? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Guess whoever drafts him (hopefully the fish) NEVER wants to win a championship.