PDA

View Full Version : Kat's Early early early early Mock

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 04:11 PM
1: Arizona - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin.
Without a doubt, the biggest weakness for the Cardinals this year has been their o-line, both from a run-blocking and a pass-protection standpoint. Joe Thomas will solve both problems.
2: Miami - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech.
Chris Chambers isn't a #1 guy at all, and CJ is the best player in this draft, and one of the best WR prospects in a long time. Has it all; great hands, great size, great speed, great routes...does it all.
3: Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame.
Matt Millen should be gone hopefully, and the Lions begin anew with Brady Quinn, a great QB prospect who has all the prototypical stuff you look for in a QB.
4: San Francisco - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan.
They're giving up over 32 points a game. The offense is young and looking good behind Alex Smith and Frank Gore, but it's time to address the D, and the Niners need a big hog in the middle of their line.
5: Oakland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma.
Despite all the money given to Lamont Jordan, Al Davis goes with the "once in a lifetime" hype machine Adrian Peterson, despite fans' wishes for Brian Brohm.
6: Buffalo - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville.
The Bills pretty much admit JP Losman was a mistake here and take Brohm, who some consider the best QB in this draft.
7: Cleveland - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal.
Charlie Frye is coming along well, and Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow look great. They're missing a running game, and Marshawn Lynch is a stud.
8: Houston - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan.
Houston's defense is still pretty weak despite contributions from rookies Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans. There isn't much of a pass rush, but the secondary isn't helping either, and instead of investing more money in the DE position and drafting Gaines Adams, they put another shutdown-calibur CB next to Dunta Robinson.
9: Tampa Bay - LaRon Landry, S, LSU.
The Bucs' defense has been very disappointing this year. A lot of it is because of age. But the safety position has been most disappointing; poor in coverage, and VERY poor in tackling. Landry looks to be the best safety prospect in this draft.
10: Washington - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson.
Lots of expectations again for the Redskins. The defense has been a big letdown, and part of it is the lack of a steady passrush. Adams is arguably the best DE in the draft.

34isback
10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
with so much needs on the OL, my question is it would make better sense if we got FA OL or draft? maybe a vet instead of a #1 pick because the development time gets cut

zonk4ever
10-31-2006, 04:25 PM
wait'll ricky comes back!!!

SQuinn17
10-31-2006, 04:26 PM
i like it

Bjorn
10-31-2006, 04:34 PM
I think Houston would take Landry there, but otherwise good draft.

DonShula84
10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
I like it, not sure Buffalo is ready to give up on JP but I havent been paying attention to things they might have been saying about him.

Stitches
10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Very realistic draft. I keep telling my friends (browns fans) how awesome it'd be if they managed to get Lynch or Peterson and they balk at me. Most of them seem to be convinced Droughns is much better, and has more than enough skills needed to be thier franchise runner.

Motion
10-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Sounds good to me.

Ry24
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM
i'll take CJ

Desides
10-31-2006, 05:27 PM
I disagree over Cleveland. I think they need an offensive lineman far more than they need a running back right now.

PhinSoldia
10-31-2006, 05:30 PM
decent although i think they go with the best QB available whether it be quinn or brohm at thier pick

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 08:13 PM
I disagree over Cleveland. I think they need an offensive lineman far more than they need a running back right now.
i agree.

phinphanforever
10-31-2006, 08:21 PM
I like it, not sure Buffalo is ready to give up on JP but I havent been paying attention to things they might have been saying about him.
If they haven't already, they should. I said it back in 2004 and I'll repeat it again: JP Loserman is the next Ryan Leaf.

Finch83
10-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Hell no
I want Quinn!!!!:dolphins:

L 2 the T
10-31-2006, 08:24 PM
If CJ is the best player in the draft lets take him.

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Decent draft, but if we are in that spot we need to do one of two things.

1. Draft Brady Quinn
2. Make it look like we are drafting Quinn and trade down for more picks.

PS

I think we end up between 5 and 8 in the draft.

MustangFinFan
10-31-2006, 08:31 PM
well before we checkout Calvin Johnson...how about we checkout free agent wide receivers next year???

Lets look at history....Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Mark Clayton, Chad Jackson....so far, they havent shown anything. Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald are good, but not the BEST.

i think its easier to get receivers in the FA's...but then again, we dont need Joe Thomas because Vernon Carey and Damion McIntosh are solid....then again we dont need Brady Quinn because Culpepper and Harrington make a good duo....but if we keep Top 5...we cant pick someone who is out of the Top 5...sooooo....possibly Leon Hall or Laron Landry???

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Lets look at history....Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Mark Clayton, Chad Jackson....so far, they havent shown anything. Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald are good, but not the BEST.
:hmmm:

Majpain
10-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Nice Mock Kat.

MustangFinFan
10-31-2006, 08:34 PM
:hmmm:

Id say Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens, Keyshawn, Randy Moss are the best. Braylon and Mike Williams havent shown anything PERIOD.

as for Landry and Hall....if Yeremiah Bell does real well at SS, then i guess we dont need Landry...and i expect Yeremiah to make good plays. So im guessing Leon Hall??

MustangFinFan
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
with that...how does this 4 round mock look?

R1: Leon Hall (CB)

R2: Kyle Young (C)

R3: Tim Zbikowski (SS)

R4: Nate Harris (ILB)

Stitches
10-31-2006, 08:43 PM
with that...how does this 4 round mock look?

R1: Leon Hall (CB)

R2: Kyle Young (C)

R3: Tim Zbikowski (SS)

R4: Nate Harris (ILB)

Zbikowski should be gone by the end of 2. (I'd love that draft though. hwoever I don't see us picking late enough for Leon Hall to be so valuable of a pick)

MustangFinFan
10-31-2006, 08:49 PM
the deal with Leon Hall is that hes undersized. We all know Saban doesnt like undersized guys...Leon is about 5'11, and 194 pounds. Thats almost like PacMan Jones...and well, Pacman never really became a CB..hes just returning punts. So im wondering if Leon's size, will make him an NFL star.

adamprez2003
10-31-2006, 08:52 PM
if we draft cj or brohm I'll be very happy going into 2007

slyfox13
10-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Without a doubt, the biggest weakness for the Cardinals this year has been their o-line, both from a run-blocking and a pass-protection standpoint. Joe Thomas will solve both problems.
Chris Chambers isn't a #1 guy at all, and CJ is the best player in this draft, and one of the best WR prospects in a long time. Has it all; great hands, great size, great speed, great routes...does it all.
Matt Millen should be gone hopefully, and the Lions begin anew with Brady Quinn, a great QB prospect who has all the prototypical stuff you look for in a QB.
They're giving up over 32 points a game. The offense is young and looking good behind Alex Smith and Frank Gore, but it's time to address the D, and the Niners need a big hog in the middle of their line.
Despite all the money given to Lamont Jordan, Al Davis goes with the "once in a lifetime" hype machine Adrian Peterson, despite fans' wishes for Brian Brohm.
The Bills pretty much admit JP Losman was a mistake here and take Brohm, who some consider the best QB in this draft.
Charlie Frye is coming along well, and Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow look great. They're missing a running game, and Marshawn Lynch is a stud.
Houston's defense is still pretty weak despite contributions from rookies Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans. There isn't much of a pass rush, but the secondary isn't helping either, and instead of investing more money in the DE position and drafting Gaines Adams, they put another shutdown-calibur CB next to Dunta Robinson.
The Bucs' defense has been very disappointing this year. A lot of it is because of age. But the safety position has been most disappointing; poor in coverage, and VERY poor in tackling. Landry looks to be the best safety prospect in this draft.
Lots of expectations again for the Redskins. The defense has been a big letdown, and part of it is the lack of a steady passrush. Adams is arguably the best DE in the draft.Dude in order for that to work we would have to lose to detroit? Imean com on PUHLEEEEZE:eek:

MustangFinFan
10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
Dude in order for that to work we would have to lose to detroit? Imean com on PUHLEEEEZE:eek:

dude....we lost to the Texans.

Stitches
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Dude in order for that to work we would have to lose to detroit? Imean com on PUHLEEEEZE:eek:

It's not that farfetched.

Joneal7
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
ill take it

Crowder52
10-31-2006, 10:06 PM
:confused:
well before we checkout Calvin Johnson...how about we checkout free agent wide receivers next year???

i think its easier to get receivers in the FA's...but then again, we dont need Joe Thomas because Vernon Carey and Damion McIntosh are solid....then again we dont need Brady Quinn because Culpepper and Harrington make a good duo....but if we keep Top 5...we cant pick someone who is out of the Top 5...sooooo....possibly Leon Hall or Laron Landry???

This simply doesn't make any sense. WRs take longer than almost any other position historically to make the transition from college to the pros, and you named guys who are in their first 3 years in the league and present them as evidence against drafting WR. :confused:

And by the way, you would be hard pressed to find a person who knows anything about football who wouldn't rate Boldin and Fitzgerald in the top 10, if not top 5 receivers in the game.

Stitches
10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
:confused:

This simply doesn't make any sense. WRs take longer than almost any other position historically to make the transition from college to the pros, and you named guys who are in their first 3 years in the league and present them as evidence against drafting WR. :confused:

And by the way, you would be hard pressed to find a person who knows anything about football who wouldn't rate Boldin and Fitzgerald in the top 10, if not top 5 receivers in the game.

Nice that he left out Torry Holt, Roy Williams, Andre johnson, and Plaxico Burress too.

Crowder52
10-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Lots of expectations again for the Redskins. The defense has been a big letdown, and part of it is the lack of a steady passrush. Adams is arguably the best DE in the draft.

Looks good Kat. I'd be shocked if Lynch went before Adams, but ya never know. I also wouldn't be surprised if Marcus Thomas finds his way into the top 10 by season's end.

Roman529
10-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Gaines Adams will go before the 10 spot....I think he will go 6th or 7th. He might not be a bad book end with JT on the other side. :tongue:

dominizzo
10-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Sexy Kat knows her ball!!

That is more realistic than Kipers

PhinSoldia
10-31-2006, 11:28 PM
just for common knowlage when was the last time trench player was the first overall pick.... and while i like the draft and it will pay dividends to Daunte that we pick CJ...he is the best skill player in the draft...whats stopping him from going first......and to note i dont thik arizona gets the first pick....although i do love the mock

Stitches
10-31-2006, 11:53 PM
just for common knowlage when was the last time trench player was the first overall pick.... and while i like the draft and it will pay dividends to Daunte that we pick CJ...he is the best skill player in the draft...whats stopping him from going first......and to note i dont thik arizona gets the first pick....although i do love the mock

I think Pace was the last trench player to go #1 overall. I can't think of any #1 overalls at WR since Keyshawn. But there have been many instances for recievers and LTs to go top 3.

2006- Mario Williams - DT, Reggie Bush - RB, Vince Young - QB
2005- alex Smith - QB, Ronnie Brown - RB, Braylon Edwards - WR
2004- Eli Manning - QB, Robert Gallery - LT, Larry Fitzgerald - WR
2003- Carson Palmer - QB, Charles Rogers - WR, Andre Johnson - WR
2002- David Carr - QB, Julius Peppers - DE, Joey Harrington - QB
2001- Mike Vick - QB, Leonard davis - LT, Gerard Warren - DT
2000- Courtney Brown - DE, LaVar Arrington - LB, Chris Sameuls - LT
1999- Tim Couch - QB, Donovan McNabb - QB, Akili Smith - QB
1998- Peyton manning - QB, Ryan Leaf - QB, Andre Wadsworth - DE(don't remember this guy)
1997- Orlando Pace - LT, Darrel Russell - DT, Shawn Springs - CB
1996- Keyshawn Johnson - WR, Kevin Hardy - LB, Simeon Rice - DE

SR 7
11-01-2006, 03:11 AM
wahts wiht brohm? i keep hearing about him being a top pick but thats it.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-01-2006, 09:19 AM
for the record, the draft order here was determined using ESPN's power rankings. seemed realistic enough to me.

MustangFinFan
11-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Sexy Kat knows her ball!!

That is more realistic than Kipers

i think anything is more realistic than Kipers

Rocky Raccoon
11-01-2006, 01:28 PM

people said that last year about Chambers and he went out and proved everyone wrong, and I expect him to do it again this year. I just don't think we take Johnson unless we trade Chambers and I just don't see that happening at this point, all though Johnson is a great talent.

Otherwise, I like it :up:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-01-2006, 01:31 PM
people said that last year about Chambers and he went out and proved everyone wrong, and I expect him to do it again this year. I just don't think we take Johnson unless we trade Chambers and I just don't see that happening at this point, all though Johnson is a great talent.

Otherwise, I like it :up:
the fact that he only played well for 6 games or so last year combined with him sucking this year tells me he proved exactly what everyone thinks of him: way too inconsistent.

Rocky Raccoon
11-01-2006, 01:35 PM
the fact that he only played well for 6 games or so last year combined with him sucking this year tells me he proved exactly what everyone thinks of him: way too inconsistent.

I agree, he is inconsistent. But I refuse to give up on him when our whole offense has been bad. I personally think Chambers will be much better in the second half of the year once things start clicking (hopefully). I know it's such a cliche thing to say around here, but I want to see how Chambers does with a healthy, solid QB, a good O-Line and a decent running game.

Stitches
11-01-2006, 01:59 PM
I agree, he is inconsistent. But I refuse to give up on him when our whole offense has been bad. I personally think Chambers will be much better in the second half of the year once things start clicking (hopefully). I know it's such a cliche thing to say around here, but I want to see how Chambers does with a healthy, solid QB, a good O-Line and a decent running game.

I love Chambers, and don't want to give up on him, but I agree he's inconsistent. I still would like to see us get Calvin Johnson though. A trio of Chambers, Johnson, and Hagan would look very good IMO. And I too think Chambers will do better in the second half. I expect him to finish the season at the top of our recieving yards, assuming he stays healthy.

Majpain
11-01-2006, 03:03 PM

:yes:

HysterikiLL
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I actually like this one, Kat. I think you have the players lined up pretty well, I'm just not sure the teams order will be like that. Also, Thomas is the best pick for Arizona, but they always seem to screw up top 3 picks (excl. Fitzgerald) so I wouldn't be surprised if they take some other clown.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-01-2006, 03:19 PM
I actually like this one, Kat. I think you have the players lined up pretty well, I'm just not sure the teams order will be like that.
i used ESPN's power rankings.

Eop05
11-01-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm gonna be honest...I know CJ is the best player in the draft, but I want Joe Thomas.

I hope we win a few more games so we have like the 3rd or 4th pick and Quinn and CJ are already taken so we almost have to take Joe Thomas.

I watch Tom Brady every week make things work with 4 #2 and 3 receivers because he has great protection on almost every play. And with Thomas's great balance between run and pass blocking, it will help our ground game too. I've been really impressed in the only 2 Wisonsin games I've seen this year.

jlfin
11-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Assuming CJ and Quinn both turn out to be star players I would rather have the QB.
If the Phins were to pass on Quinn and he turns into one of the top young QB's in the league, then expect to see the Phins getting ridiculed for the next 10-15 yrs in much the same way that Kansas City (Todd Blackledge), New England (Tony Eason) and New York Jets (Ken O'Brien) were after they passed on Marino.

jlfin
11-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm gonna be honest...I know CJ is the best player in the draft, but I want Joe Thomas.

I hope we win a few more games so we have like the 3rd or 4th pick and Quinn and CJ are already taken so we almost have to take Joe Thomas.

I watch Tom Brady every week make things work with 4 #2 and 3 receivers because he has great protection on almost every play. And with Thomas's great balance between run and pass blocking, it will help our ground game too. I've been really impressed in the only 2 Wisonsin games I've seen this year.

Yes, and New England does it with a LT that isn't in the same class as Thomas and probably will cost them a fraction of what it will cost to sign Thomas.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Yes, and New England does it with a LT that isn't in the same class as Thomas and probably will cost them a fraction of what it will cost to sign Thomas.
yes yes and brady was a 6th rounder so it's not a good idea to draft a QB in the first round ever. and then do the same thing for every position.

gillderais
11-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I want Joe Thomas in Aqua and Orange. :dolphins:

Martel
11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
I like this mock. CJ would be a nice addition. What do you guys think of trading down though? This team seems a ways off

gillderais
11-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Saban has his own draft value chart. So he wants value back. Which will scare off any teams trying to 'lowball' us. I wouldnt mind though. However it wouldn't be so much us trading down, as it would them trading up. We would expect considerable compensation. So it's difficult, but not impossible.

Rocky Raccoon
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
I like this mock. CJ would be a nice addition. What do you guys think of trading down though? This team seems a ways off

first of all I don't think we "a ways off" at all. If we can get a few solid FA signings to fill some holes we can be a contender next year if we have the right execution on offense. I wouldn't mind trading down at all though. Doesn't bother me.

jlfin
11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
yes yes and brady was a 6th rounder so it's not a good idea to draft a QB in the first round ever. and then do the same thing for every position.

Your response makes absolutely no sense. You obviously don't get the point I'm trying to make here.
Do you seriously want to compare the QB position and it's impact to the LT position? Brady was a VERY RARE exception, however, if one could find an elite LT in the 6th rd, then that would be great.
I never stated that an O-lineman should never be drafted in the 1st rd (that's your shortsighted assumption). I do, however, believe that spending a top 3 pick on one is not worth the money. O-lines work as a unit and they all have to be solid. I've discussed my reasons on previous posts and I'm not going to reiterate them here.

HysterikiLL
11-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Your response makes absolutely no sense. You obviously don't get the point I'm trying to make here.
Do you seriously want to compare the QB position and it's impact to the LT position? Brady was a VERY RARE exception, however, if one could find an elite LT in the 6th rd, then that would be great.
I never stated that an O-lineman should never be drafted in the 1st rd (that's your shortsighted assumption). I do, however, believe that spending a top 3 pick on one is not worth the money. O-lines work as a unit and they all have to be solid. I've discussed my reasons on previous posts and I'm not going to reiterate them here.

:couch:

Martel
11-04-2006, 10:51 PM
first of all I don't think we "a ways off" at all. If we can get a few solid FA signings to fill some holes we can be a contender next year if we have the right execution on offense. I wouldn't mind trading down at all though. Doesn't bother me.

1-7 is a ways off man