PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn or Bust

Finch83
10-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Draft threads belong in the draft forum.

I have been following this guy ever since he started with the Irish. He will be, without a doubt, awesome NFL QB.

If we are in the position to draft him...GET HIM! We cant let the next Marino slip away.

Roman529
10-31-2006, 04:22 PM
There will never be another Marino. :shakeno:

BuffaloBills06
10-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Maybe Saban would trade for Losman!!!:D

Jethatr
10-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Bust!

jonkruse
10-31-2006, 05:18 PM

I have been following this guy ever since he started with the Irish. He will be, without a doubt, awesome NFL QB.

If we are in the position to draft him...GET HIM! We cant let the next Marino slip away.

BUST

K-BayFinFan
10-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Brady Quinn = Overrated

Irish Phin Fan
10-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Everyone's an expert.

Finch83
10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
My bad for posting this in the main section...didnt know:wink:

I truely think he will be a great QB and we can build around him.

Majpain
10-31-2006, 08:32 PM
There will never be another Marino. :shakeno:
Peyton Manning?

hellsapoppin
10-31-2006, 09:47 PM
We won't be drafting any QB this next draft. Saban is not going to admitt that he might of made a mistake with Culpepper. He will give Culpepper at least 1 more season. But I do think we will keep Joey for another season also. Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon....

Crowder52
10-31-2006, 10:01 PM

There is no such thing as "without a doubt" when talking about a first round QB.

robfila
10-31-2006, 10:36 PM
Quinn will be a qb stud

dominizzo
10-31-2006, 11:23 PM
Brady Quinn is a bust

Kdawg954
10-31-2006, 11:42 PM
I think he is overrated, but I do think he will be a successful starting QB in his career, and thats all u can ask for from any QB.

But there are several reasons why we don't take him . . . we have CPep, we still have Joey . . . . . . and believe it or not . . . we have Cleo Lemon . . and I really want to see this guy in a few games this year, its important . . . because if he is no good . . . we gotta get rid of him, and draft a QB late and groom him, no sense in keeping a guy who can't start when needed.

jlfin
10-31-2006, 11:53 PM
We won't be drafting any QB this next draft. Saban is not going to admitt that he might of made a mistake with Culpepper. He will give Culpepper at least 1 more season. But I do think we will keep Joey for another season also. Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon....

A coach's tenure lives or dies by the decisions he makes at QB. The good coaches are shrewd enough to know when they made a mistake and they move on.
If Saban sticks with DC another season and he fails, then so too will Saban.
I'm of the opinion that a team doesn't get too many shots to draft a top QB. When you get that opportunity you have to take advantage of it.
So far the Phins are looking at a top 3 draft pick. If Quinn is there you have to take him. Even if we are bad next season, I doubt we will be as bad as this year so the opportunity to grab one of the top QB's in the draft may not come around for awhile.

jlfin
10-31-2006, 11:55 PM
I think he is overrated, but I do think he will be a successful starting QB in his career, and thats all u can ask for from any QB.

But there are several reasons why we don't take him . . . we have CPep, we still have Joey . . . . . . and believe it or not . . . we have Cleo Lemon . . and I really want to see this guy in a few games this year, its important . . . because if he is no good . . . we gotta get rid of him, and draft a QB late and groom him, no sense in keeping a guy who can't start when needed.

Then expect more of the same. I'm tired of journeymen QB's since Marino retired.
This team will never take the next step until they solve their QB problems.

DUB
10-31-2006, 11:55 PM
Brady Quinn is a bust

I didn't think he had even played in the NFL yet...:sidelol:. Some of you guys are unreal. There is no reason to think Quinn doesn't have the tools to be a success in the NFL, strong arm, accurate, NFL OC as head coach...

Kdawg954
11-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Then expect more of the same. I'm tired of journeymen QB's since Marino retired.
This team will never take the next step until they solve their QB problems.

True, but u have invested in a franchise QB and have spent alot of money on his backup along with a 5th rounder and a 6th rounder for the third QB. And these 3 guys all have been here less than a year (Feels like longer I admit) . . . one is hurt, one is playing "ok" right now, and the other hasn't seen any action. Too much is invested in the position right now to give up on it so early. We were patient with Dave . . . with his Feeley, Fiedler, Ray Lucas combos he had . . . atleast we can give Nick a little more time with much bigger names in Pep and Joey H.

Vertical Limit
11-01-2006, 12:17 AM
A coach's tenure lives or dies by the decisions he makes at QB. The good coaches are shrewd enough to know when they made a mistake and they move on.
I'm of the opinion that a team doesn't get too many shots to draft a top QB. When you get that opportunity you have to take advantage of it.
So far the Phins are looking at a top 3 draft pick. If Quinn is there you have to take him. Even if we are bad next season, I doubt we will be as bad as this year so the opportunity to grab one of the top QB's in the draft may not come around for awhile.
Exactly. And guess what, we weren't playoff contenders last year, the year before, this year, and we definitely don't have enough on the cap to be a playoff contender next year. Even if we did, we would still need to mold these new plays to work as a team. Hell, who ever here thinks that we have what it takes to be a Wild Card team next season is out of their mind.

This Bye week should have been an eye opener to every one of us Dolfans that we are waaaayy behind from the real powerhouses of this league. We don't even belong in the NFL. We should switch places with the fricken Hurricanes.

We're not going to be good instantly, it will take years to clean up the mess Wannstedt left. It's going to take time to develop our young talent. I'm going to say we won't be contenders untill 2008. Difference between Nick and Dave, Wannstedt was in a win now situation, but with Saban, we are in a long term situation.

With that said, we can afford to draft Brady Quinn and have him sit on the bench for the season to be groomed, or atleast bring him in the middle of the season to have him learn our offense, what ever that offense really is [Miami having to go through 3 offensive coordinators the last 3 seasons..].

Brady Quinn will be an incredible NFL quarterback. He is playing a pro style offense currently in Notre Dame, and has produced well. He has shown he can be clutch, has great poise and excellent pocket prescense. If Quinn is there, you have to take him. We're talking about a guy who will be great for us for the next 10+ years vs Daunte who has a huge question mark on how many seasons he has left due to his injury history [and most of you say he has 4-5 seasons left at most, then what do we do after that?].

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 12:39 AM
Bust!

Oh watch some football for Christ's sake!! You were probably one of the ones here lobbying for Brock Berlin to take us to greatness. :shakeno:

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Brady Quinn is a bust

I love this. As the saying goes, opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one. And everyone's an expert on Brady Quinn from watching one or two Notre Dame games and some highlights on Sportscenter. Well I've watched every game Brady Quinn has played at Notre Dame, from his first start at Purdue under Tyrone Willingham to his last start against Navy. What I've seen is a great leader who can read defenses, makes quick and accurate decisions, has a strong arm, is very good at throwing on the run, is very underrated in his mobility and I think he would be a fine addition as a quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. As to whether he is the next Dan Marino, Joe Montana or Tom Brady, that remains to be seen. But working with such a great coach in Charlie Weis, he will be very ready to play in the NFL. I just hope we're lucky enough to draft him.

allred65
11-01-2006, 01:07 AM
I love this. As the saying goes, opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one. And everyone's an expert on Brady Quinn from watching one or two Notre Dame games and some highlights on Sportscenter. Well I've watched every game Brady Quinn has played at Notre Dame, from his first start at Purdue under Tyrone Willingham to his last start against Navy. What I've seen is a great leader who can read defenses, makes quick and accurate decisions, has a strong arm, is very good at throwing on the run, is very underrated in his mobility and I think he would be a fine addition as a quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. As to whether he is the next Dan Marino, Joe Montana or Tom Brady, that remains to be seen. But working with such a great coach in Charlie Weis, he will be very ready to play in the NFL. I just hope we're lucky enough to draft him.

If you love him so much why don't you marry him.
:wink:

Vertical Limit
11-01-2006, 01:23 AM

Oh lordy..

DonShula84
11-01-2006, 01:28 AM
Brady Quinn is a bust

From the guy who has never seen him play, or probably ever heard of him until he read this msg board. :clap:

allred65
11-01-2006, 01:42 AM
:lol:

Oh lordy..

adamprez2003
11-01-2006, 02:10 AM
he'll be a QB that ranks between 10 and 20 every year. Average to Good

Aqua4Ever04
11-01-2006, 02:15 AM
If we don't take Calvin Johnson, it'll be OL help. Joe Thomas comes to mind.

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 07:59 AM

Dude, that was a stupid comment. You're better than that.

jlfin
11-01-2006, 09:06 AM
If we don't take Calvin Johnson, it'll be OL help. Joe Thomas comes to mind.

You don't spend a top 3 pick on an O-lineman. That is way too much money to spend on 1/5 of your O-lineman.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-01-2006, 09:25 AM
You don't spend a top 3 pick on an O-lineman. That is way too much money to spend on 1/5 of your O-lineman.
if he plays like tony boselli or orlando pace, he'll be worth it.

phinking
11-01-2006, 09:36 AM
We won't be drafting any QB this next draft. Saban is not going to admitt that he might of made a mistake with Culpepper. He will give Culpepper at least 1 more season. But I do think we will keep Joey for another season also. Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon....I agree with you. But I really think that if he cannot get someone to trade up to that position an squeeze an extra 2nd round pick, he should pick Quinn. He reminds me of another QB that used to play at South Bend named Joe Montana and that old Wolverine Tom Brady in that he is very cool and confident under pressure. When the game is on the line he comes through timi and time again. He may not have the physical talent of Culpepper but he is a winner which the Dolphin players right now are clearly not.

allred65
11-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Dude, that was a stupid comment. You're better than that.

Dude, I figured you would be one of those posters that is wound so tight that you wouldn't be able to see the humour in that silly statement. Besides how do you know that I'm better than that?
On a more serious note if there is an offensive tackle that grades out high enough to justify taking him in our draft slot we gotta do it (barring FA pickups). But even then we should take at least 2 more o-lineman on the first day of the draft.
How many years has it been since we had a dominant offensive line? Probably even before Marino was here if you combine both run blocking ability as well as pass blocking skills.

Stitches
11-01-2006, 10:39 AM
I agree with you. But I really think that if he cannot get someone to trade up to that position an squeeze an extra 2nd round pick, he should pick Quinn. He reminds me of another QB that used to play at South Bend named Joe Montana and that old Wolverine Tom Brady in that he is very cool and confident under pressure. When the game is on the line he comes through timi and time again. He may not have the physical talent of Culpepper but he is a winner which the Dolphin players right now are clearly not.

Brady wasn't really anything special at Michigan. I don't know about old Joe, since it was before my time, I just know he wasn't viewed well enough to be taken before the 3rrd round.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Brady wasn't really anything special at Michigan. I don't know about old Joe, since it was before my time, I just know he wasn't viewed well enough to be taken before the 3rrd round.
yes, but people have wised up since then.

Stitches
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM

Wised up about whom? A college player like Montana, or a player like Brady.
(I know they play very similarly in the pros, but thier college careers were a lot different)

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Dude, I figured you would be one of those posters that is wound so tight that you wouldn't be able to see the humour in that silly statement. Besides how do you know that I'm better than that?
On a more serious note if there is an offensive tackle that grades out high enough to justify taking him in our draft slot we gotta do it (barring FA pickups). But even then we should take at least 2 more o-lineman on the first day of the draft.
How many years has it been since we had a dominant offensive line? Probably even before Marino was here if you combine both run blocking ability as well as pass blocking skills.

Well thanks for the personal analysis, but I am definitely not a tightly wound person. I know you're better than that because I've read some of your other posts and gound them to be good. If you were some trouble making newbie who has never contributed anything, I would have just ignored your post.

Anyhow, you make a very good point about our offensive line needing a BIG TIME influx of talent this offseason. But depending where we draft, a LT better be the next coming of Anthony Munoz to take him #1 or #2. Joe Thomas is arguably the best OL in the 2007 draft. Thomas is a beast at run blocking, but still needs work on his pass blocking. That being said, a guy like Joe Thomas who is a good, but not great pass blocker might be a reach at #1 or #2. I think we could address the OL aggressively in FA and with our 2nd round pick. It may not be the next coming of the Cowboys line of the mid 1990s, but it should be much improved from this year's slopfest.

Brady Quinn will be a very good pro quarterback. The reason I'd like to see him as a Dolphin is because I just don't think Joey Harrington is someone to build a franchise around and A LOT remains to be seen whether Daunte Culpepper can ever regain strength and speed again. That could potentially leave us with a HUGE hole at QB. Now if Daunte shows BIG improvement, the need for Brady Quinn diminishes.

Calvin Johnson's name has also been mentioned. He is a big-time playmaker at WR and I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Dolphin as the QB situation is settled, one way or another.

But if you look at this team, we have more holes than Swiss Cheese. Our positions of need on this team include QB (if Daunte can't come back), LT, LG, C, RG, LOLB, ROLB, ILB, CB, S (if Jason Allen can't crack the lineup eventually and play like a 1st round pick) and K. That is a lot of holes to fill and not many draft picks to do it with. Nick Saban and Randy Mueller can't afford any "projects" or "dark horses" this year. They need to hit on damned near every draft pick and have them ready to contribute and play well.

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 05:13 PM

Joe Montana was a big star at Notre Dame and earned a reputation as a great leader and who could dissect defenses and bring his team from behind consistently. The knocks on him that caused his draft stock to fall were that scouts didn't think he had a great arm and that he wasn't big enough for the NFL. So much for scouts, the same people that thought Ryan Leaf, who had all the physical skills you want, was going to be a great one.

Stitches
11-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Well thanks for the personal analysis, but I am definitely not a tightly wound person. I know you're better than that because I've read some of your other posts and gound them to be good. If you were some trouble making newbie who has never contributed anything, I would have just ignored your post.

Anyhow, you make a very good point about our offensive line needing a BIG TIME influx of talent this offseason. But depending where we draft, a LT better be the next coming of Anthony Munoz to take him #1 or #2. Joe Thomas is arguably the best OL in the 2007 draft. Thomas is a beast at run blocking, but still needs work on his pass blocking. That being said, a guy like Joe Thomas who is a good, but not great pass blocker might be a reach at #1 or #2. I think we could address the OL aggressively in FA and with our 2nd round pick. It may not be the next coming of the Cowboys line of the mid 1990s, but it should be much improved from this year's slopfest.

Brady Quinn will be a very good pro quarterback. The reason I'd like to see him as a Dolphin is because I just don't think Joey Harrington is someone to build a franchise around and A LOT remains to be seen whether Daunte Culpepper can ever regain strength and speed again. That could potentially leave us with a HUGE hole at QB. Now if Daunte shows BIG improvement, the need for Brady Quinn diminishes.

Calvin Johnson's name has also been mentioned. He is a big-time playmaker at WR and I wouldn't mind seeing him as a Dolphin as the QB situation is settled, one way or another.

But if you look at this team, we have more holes than Swiss Cheese. Our positions of need on this team include QB (if Daunte can't come back), LT, LG, C, RG, LOLB, ROLB, ILB, CB, S (if Jason Allen can't crack the lineup eventually and play like a 1st round pick) and K. That is a lot of holes to fill and not many draft picks to do it with. Nick Saban and Randy Mueller can't afford any "projects" or "dark horses" this year. They need to hit on damned near every draft pick and have them ready to contribute and play well.

At this point, I think even with Allen, we could use another safety. I'm high on Aaron Rouse, but that's not really woth talking about in this thread. I just wanted to say we could use another safety regardless of Allen's performance. Also, technically we don't need one of the LB positions(at least as a starter) you mentioned, as Crowder would fill either MLB or WLB next season(depending if Thomas stays). But we do need depth regardless of where Crowder plays, and we are certainly thin at LB.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Joe Montana was a big star at Notre Dame and earned a reputation as a great leader and who could dissect defenses and bring his team from behind consistently. The knocks on him that caused his draft stock to fall were that scouts didn't think he had a great arm and that he wasn't big enough for the NFL. So much for scouts, the same people that thought Ryan Leaf, who had all the physical skills you want, was going to be a great one.
but matt leinart was a top 10 pick despite the same knocks.

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 05:17 PM

Sorry man. I meant to direct that towards Frisches13283. He wasn't sure why Montana lasted until the 3rd round.

Stitches
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Sorry man. I meant to direct that towards Frisches18232. He wasn't sure why Montana lasted until the 3rd round.

I knew what you meant after you explained it. I never had the chance to see Montana in college so I couldn't say anything.

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
At this point, I think even with Allen, we could use another safety. I'm high on Aaron Rouse, but that's not really woth talking about in this thread. I just wanted to say we could use another safety regardless of Allen's performance. Also, technically we don't need one of the LB positions(at least as a starter) you mentioned, as Crowder would fill either MLB or WLB next season(depending if Thomas stays). But we do need depth regardless of where Crowder plays, and we are certainly thin at LB.

That's a good point as well. I think we'll learn a lot about the future of our safeties with Yeremiah Bell making the first start of his career Sunday and the way he plays the rest of the season. If he plays well, we may be ok at the other safety spot, but the jury is still out on Jason Allen.

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 05:25 PM

This is true, but I think the reason scouts doubted Leinart was because he had so much talent around him and was in a very QB friendly offense.

Montana had nowhere near the playmakers Leinart had at USC, but like Tom Brady does, he elevated the level of play of his teammates through his leadership. But that doesn't answer why he slipped to the 3rd round. I guess for the same reasons scouts thought that Todd Blackledge and Ken O'Brien would be better NFL quarterbacks than Dan Marino :lol: .

Shula Come Back!
11-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I don't know why this keeps coming up...MIAMI WILL NOT DRAFT BRADY QUINN. MIAMI DOES NOT BELEV IN DRAFTING QB's!!! I don't know why. I truly don't know if Quinn is the answer anyway, but it would be kinda nice to see Miami to take a shot, but they won't so it doesn't matter...so lets hope he is a bust after he goes to the Lions or something.....hey, maybe Miami will trade for him 4 years later!!!

DonShula84
11-01-2006, 08:14 PM
so lets hope he is a bust after he goes to the Lions or something

I'll pass on that one :)

Shula Come Back!
11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
I'll pass on that one :)

:lol:Only because he's not on the Dolphins I mean, not because I'm a Quinn hater!

Alex44
11-01-2006, 08:37 PM
This thread should be titled 'Brady Quinn will be a bust'

Majpain
11-01-2006, 08:42 PM
^ yes I dont quite understand the title myself :lol:

endorPHINS72
11-01-2006, 08:53 PM
^ yes I dont quite understand the title myself :lol:

^This thread should be titled 'Brady Quinn will be a bust'

Kids these days...LOL.

You're probably too young to remember, but hitchhikers used to hold up signs that said "VEGAS OR BUST" or "L.A. OR BUST", which meant they were going to Vegas or L.A. or nowhere at all. It means cashing in all your chips on your goal.

Alex44
11-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Kids these days...LOL.

You're probably too young to remember, but hitchhikers used to hold up signs that said "VEGAS OR BUST" or "L.A. OR BUST", which meant they were going to Vegas or L.A. or nowhere at all. It means cashing in all your chips on your goal.

I got that part. :rolleyes2 Im not stupid

My point was he will be a bust so thats what this thread should be titled. Play on words, get it?

Majpain
11-01-2006, 09:04 PM
:lol: I dont have a excuse :cry:

Alex44
11-01-2006, 09:06 PM
:lol: I dont have a excuse :cry:

Mine wasnt an excuse but you can use it to if you want :lol:

Vertical Limit
11-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I got that part. :rolleyes2 Im not stupid

My point was he will be a bust so thats what this thread should be titled. Play on words, get it?
Your love for athletic quarterbacks like McNabb, Vick, and Vince Young is really showing.

I bet you think Drew Stanton makes a better prospect than Brady Quinn. :sidelol:

Alex44
11-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Your love for athletic quarterbacks like McNabb, Vick, and Vince Young is really showing.

I bet you think Drew Stanton makes a better prospect than Brady Quinn. :sidelol:

I dont actually like Vick that much.

Yes I like QB's that can run, but I also like it if they can pass to :tongue:

Id say Quinn is the third best QB prospect in this draft

Troy Smith
Brohm
Quinn

Everyone knows I dont like Leinart, well I like Leinart way more than Quinn :lol:

DonShula84
11-02-2006, 01:41 AM

Troy Smith
Brohm
Quinn

Everyone knows I dont like Leinart, well I like Leinart way more than Quinn :lol:

Probably dumb statement of the day award on that one. Smith above Brohm also? You get the award twice.

hellsapoppin
11-02-2006, 12:18 PM
So far the Phins are looking at a top 3 draft pick. If Quinn is there you have to take him. Even if we are bad next season, I doubt we will be as bad as this year so the opportunity to grab one of the top QB's in the draft may not come around for awhile. I agree with what you say, I just think Saban will trip over his ego and that is what will keep us from getting a new QB next season.

Stitches
11-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I agree with what you say, I just think Saban will trip over his ego and that is what will keep us from getting a new QB next season.

I don't know why drafting a QB at this point has anything to do with ego. I'm pretty sure right now it has to do with properly evaluting the QB position, when the player who is supposed to be our franchise QB isn't 100%.

hellsapoppin
11-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't know why drafting a QB at this point has anything to do with ego. I'm pretty sure right now it has to do with properly evaluting the QB position, when the player who is supposed to be our franchise QB isn't 100%. I don't know what i can tell you about ego, but if you have ever known a person with a big ego then you will know what i mean. And I believe that Saban Has A Very Big EGO....

Stitches
11-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't know what i can tell you about ego, but if you have ever known a person with a big ego then you will know what i mean. And I believe that Saban Has A Very Big EGO....

Ok, fair enough.

Vertical Limit
11-02-2006, 01:10 PM

Troy Smith
Brohm
Quinn

I guess 7 touchdown passes against Cincinatti and the defending Super Bowl champions isn't enough for you to like "The Complete Package".

Motion
11-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Probably dumb statement of the day award on that one. Smith above Brohm also? You get the award twice.

:lol:

jlfin
11-03-2006, 05:26 PM
if he plays like tony boselli or orlando pace, he'll be worth it.

Don't agree. You don't need pancake blocks to be effective. A less talented LT with 1/2 the salary would be more prudent.

Stitches
11-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Don't agree. You don't need pancake blocks to be effective. A less talented LT with 1/2 the salary would be more prudent.

It depends how much less talented.

jlfin
11-03-2006, 05:44 PM
It depends how much less talented.

That's true, but the issue is whether ANY O-lineman is worthy of top 3 money. I personally don't think so. In fact, I don't believe Denver, Pittsburgh, Indy or New England have a top 10 draft pick starting on their O-lines.
The best O-lines are successful because of talent, but also because they work as a cohesive unit. It's better to have 5 above average guys, than 1 superstar and 4 average guys.

Crowder52
11-03-2006, 05:49 PM
That's true, but the issue is whether ANY O-lineman is worthy of top 3 money. I personally don't think so. In fact, I don't believe Denver, Pittsburgh, Indy or New England have a top 10 draft pick starting on their O-lines.
The best O-lines are successful because of talent, but also because they work as a cohesive unit. It's better to have 5 above average guys, than 1 superstar and 4 average guys.

This is an interesting point. Although IMO, Walter Jones is worth as much as any WR/RB in the league.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Don't agree. You don't need pancake blocks to be effective. A less talented LT with 1/2 the salary would be more prudent. well you could say that about any position. you don't necessarily need a QB like peyton manning when you can build a great defense and bring in a trent dilfer and let him throw the ball 9 times a game. but i'll take manning any day of the week and his salary, too.

jlfin
11-04-2006, 03:01 PM
well you could say that about any position. you don't necessarily need a QB like peyton manning when you can build a great defense and bring in a trent dilfer and let him throw the ball 9 times a game. but i'll take manning any day of the week and his salary, too.

So would I and that is exactly my point. A QB directs the offense and plays a much bigger role with respect to making plays. Manning may make a game winning throw whereas a lesser QB may have thrown a poor pass or thrown into double coverage.
In terms of an O-lineman as long as he gets a stalemate it doesn't matter if he pancakes them or just keeps them from making the play. O-lineman need to be technically sound, but not neccesarily dominating.

jlfin
11-04-2006, 03:03 PM
This is an interesting point. Although IMO, Walter Jones is worth as much as any WR/RB in the league.

So you would trade an LT or a Chad Johnson straight up for Walter Jones? :confused:

Crowder52
11-04-2006, 05:09 PM
So you would trade an LT or a Chad Johnson straight up for Walter Jones? :confused:

Chad Johnson, sure. LT is the defining RB of our generation so probably not, but a guy like Shaun Alexander or Portis, yes.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-04-2006, 06:47 PM
absolutely.

jlfin
11-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Chad Johnson, sure. LT is the defining RB of our generation so probably not, but a guy like Shaun Alexander or Portis, yes.

You said ANY WR/RB

jlfin
11-04-2006, 08:50 PM
absolutely.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Crowder52
11-05-2006, 12:41 AM
You said ANY WR/RB

Ok, all but 1 WR/RB, who I consider to be the best player in the game this decade. Not really much of a difference in my overall point.

Daunt8TDChris84
11-05-2006, 09:36 AM
BROHM IS a qb i guess but hes not an elite qb he will be a 25 td guy maybe omg i know brady quinn can be a 30-35+ td qb, the guy is a fokin stud.

People brady plays in the system tom brady has won 3 super bowls under thank you.

Hes poised and got all the tools and has a strong arm, the guys a great leader, i mean if we pass on him , saban just made a 1983 jets mistake.

we can draft notre dam wr aj mozilla watever his name is in the 2rd if hes there which i doubt.

Daunt8TDChris84
11-05-2006, 09:38 AM

Troy Smith
Brohm
Quinn

Please fill me in the funny part

:rolleyes:

Crowder52
11-05-2006, 11:09 AM
BROHM IS a qb i guess but hes not an elite qb he will be a 25 td guy maybe omg i know brady quinn can be a 30-35+ td qb, the guy is a fokin stud.

People brady plays in the system tom brady has won 3 super bowls under thank you.

Hes poised and got all the tools and has a strong arm, the guys a great leader, i mean if we pass on him , saban just made a 1983 jets mistake.

we can draft notre dam wr aj mozilla watever his name is in the 2rd if hes there which i doubt.

It's pretty apparent how much Notre Dame football you have watched these past two years by the name you just gave to their #1 WR. I would say you have zero credibility left on this topic.