PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping College Football...

DBoston80
11-01-2006, 11:45 AM
With all due respect to Mike O.....I have yet to post a sub .500 season betting college football..Now Pro's seem to get me in the behind..but who can really pick the unpredictable NFL....Each week I will post 3 games..this is NOT to compare or show-up Mr. Mike but rather to give the Finheaven cappers one more perspective.....

WISCONSIN-6.5 over Penn State.....The Badgers have a very powerfull offense and a stout defense, they had a scare at home early last week vs Illinois but like good teams do they found a way to win...Penn State on the other hand was very fortunate to beat Purdue...the 12-0 score did not tell the story..Purdue had 9 drops on offense and probobly another 5 on defense...Wisconsin doesnt sleep on this one.

Maryland/Clemson OVER 46......Everyone knows Clemson can score but Maryland has held there own scoring on good defenses, Im amazed this line came in at 46,better jump on it it WILL go up...Maryland gets in the 20's while Clemson flirts with 40 themselves.

Ohio State/Illinois UNDER 49......We all know the Buckeyes do not run the score uo on anyone..with the conditions looking wet and windy in Illinois..I love the under here, Ohio State rarely gives up more than 2 scores and considering the conditions I think Tress will pound the ball and keep it conservative not showing too much for Michigan.

Im laying 5 units on each..

..again Im posting these for discussion and perspective..I welcome all critics as no one is ever always right on these things..there seem to be some knowledgable college fooball fans on this board so I would enjoy any comments or discussion or reasons to differ.

MikeO
11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
I have yet to post a sub .500 season too in college football.

What's your point??

DBoston80
11-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I have yet to post a sub .500 season too in college football.

What's your point??

Im not trying to show you up chief...your standing with Finheaven is what it is..I simply just wanna provide another perspective..not better not worse just different..

But make no mistake if your "Title was up for grabs"..I would take it....:evil: :evil:

MikeO
11-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Well my title isn't up for grabs. But we really don't need the antagonistic portion of that do we? if it were, try picking games and not totals. People get bored with totals. It's more "entertaining" to pick actual games!!!

DBoston80
11-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Well my title isn't up for grabs. But in your fantasy world if it were, try picking games and not totals. People get bored with totals. It's more "entertaining" to pick actual games!!!

Sounds like your aggrevated or threatened.....and I pick games to win..not too many people get bored winning. Cashing in is pretty entertaining to most also...Any time you wanna go game for game let me know....we can do it for fun. But I dont think your acknowledging my comments on perspective and encouraging discussion instead of saying "heres my games"...like I said this seems like a pretty smart group of College Football fans whose opinions maybe we ALL could take into consideration.

Whitner20
11-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Uncalled for personal attack

DBoston80
11-01-2006, 12:52 PM
ANYWAYS

..Anyone have any games they like this week in college?? If so who and why?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-01-2006, 01:08 PM
i'm going with zook's illini to keep it close with OSU. :wink: what's the spread?

DBoston80
11-01-2006, 01:15 PM
i'm going with zook's illini to keep it close with OSU. :wink: what's the spread?

opened at 27...

Parlay it with an under if you wager on it..becuase if they do cover the under will likely cover also...

In order for the over and Illinois to cover..The Illini would have to score atleast 20 points....Ohio State has not given up more than 17 all year.

DBoston80
11-01-2006, 07:26 PM
FYI...I took Boise State(-22) and the over(58) tonight for a couple units on each..although some bets that make the most sense dont always pan out..I kinda went with the "public" fav. wich I hate doing.....

Guess we'll see what happens..anyone else on this game?

Roman529
11-01-2006, 10:26 PM
FYI...I took Boise State(-22) and the over(58) tonight for a couple units on each..although some bets that make the most sense dont always pan out..I kinda went with the "public" fav. wich I hate doing.....

Guess we'll see what happens..anyone else on this game?

I think Boise will win by at least 22 and the over 58 also looks like a good bet. In your Wisc.-Penn State match I see Wisc. winning the game straight up.

DBoston80
11-02-2006, 07:47 AM
I think Boise will win by at least 22 and the over 58 also looks like a good bet. In your Wisc.-Penn State match I see Wisc. winning the game straight up.

Roman my man..hopefully you wagered on that...it went 2-0! Now I got some money to play with tonight in the WV @ LOU game....wich I will be betting VERY small because itbasically a picke'm..and while Im leaning toward LOU Im just not sure........I'll release my Picks a little later when I start REALLY pounding the #'s.

DBoston80
11-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Forgpt to post my picks last night!!!! I went with Louisville and the under so it was a split............Under?? what was I thinking!!!

3-1 this week.

DBoston80
11-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Friday's Picks

3-1 thus far this week..........

Tonight I like Air Force-5.5 and the under 48

...anyone who likes something else..feel free to chime in.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 06:49 PM
i hope you don't actually put money on that game.

HysterikiLL
11-03-2006, 06:56 PM

:lol:

DBoston80
11-03-2006, 07:18 PM

I know.......Im a junkie!!!....by the way its UNITS not MONEY..:wink:

DBoston80
11-04-2006, 08:55 AM
ANOther night another split!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

4-2 this week.........

I gave you 3 games I really liked a couple days ago....here are a few more

Maryland+19.5 over Clemson
Washington+17 over Oregan
Virginia+12.5 over FSU

Underdog Saturday.............GL to all that apply.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-04-2006, 10:17 AM
i can't believe FSU is favored by 2 scores over ANYone.

DBoston80
11-04-2006, 10:37 AM
i can't believe FSU is favored by 2 scores over ANYone.

I agree, ecspecially vs. a good young mobile QB.....and a good coach. It would not surprise me if UV won outright.

adamprez2003
11-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Friday's Picks

3-1 thus far this week..........

Tonight I like Air Force-5.5 and the under 48

...anyone who likes something else..feel free to chime in.

Okay I'll go head up with you. I've only done my early games. i'll put the evening games up in the afternoon. College aint my strong point. The pros are better for me but I generally do alright in college. Having said that I'll probably get a gooseegg:lol:

LSU -4 1/2 40x
Penn State +7 (buy the 1/2 point) 20x
Kent State -15 1/2 20x
Georgia -7 20x
Kansas -2 20x
Hawaii -26 1/2 15x
Michigan St -2 15x
Arizona St +3 (buy it up to 3) 15x
Nevada -10 15x
TCU -20 1/2 10x
Houston +3 10x
East Carolina -5 10x
Alabama -14 10x
Vanderbilt +17 10x

byroan
11-04-2006, 07:58 PM
It would not surprise me if UV won outright.

:lol: They didn't even get a FG.

I cashed in with FSU, Vandy, Ball State and Wisc.

I bet against UNC and they covered. :(

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
i'm going with zook's illini to keep it close with OSU. :wink:
:yes:

DonShula84
11-04-2006, 08:23 PM

No team can keep it close when they are facing perfection...

DBoston80
11-04-2006, 08:41 PM
No team can keep it close when they are facing perfection...

..every team has a flat game..and this was ours......maybe the boringest game I hve ever watched!!! Both OSU and MIchgan are not gonna open things up and show too much....they both got good enough defenses to win without throwing 40 times every game to win...guess thats why there the best 2 teams in the country..they have that luxury.......but that being said OSU finally had a game they looked beatable so Im sure the hater's will take the bait.

DBoston80
11-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Hope you parlayed it with that under girl!!!!!!!!!

DonShula84
11-04-2006, 10:02 PM
..every team has a flat game..and this was ours......maybe the boringest game I hve ever watched!!! Both OSU and MIchgan are not gonna open things up and show too much....they both got good enough defenses to win without throwing 40 times every game to win...guess thats why there the best 2 teams in the country..they have that luxury.......but that being said OSU finally had a game they looked beatable so Im sure the hater's will take the bait.

I thought they looked beatable against PSU

DBoston80
11-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I thought they looked beatable against PSU

Not sure if you watched the whole game..but ok.:rolleyes:

DBoston80
11-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Well peeps I went 3-3 on my saturday games..........(I hate being .500) but overall for the week I went 7-5.......( i cant count the GT and ARK wins I had because i didnt post them)

If you layed 1 unit (100 bucks)..on all my wagers this week you woulda made a modest +150 units/dollars.....factoring in the juice.....

Winning is not easy to do consistently but next week folks get ready for an even better week!

DBoston80
11-09-2006, 01:56 PM
...Whats up everyone..Time for the College football games of the week from dboston 80.

Last Week: 7-5

I actually came ahead 9 and a half units this past week due to an unusually good run in the Pro's on Sunday....heres the Sat. games of the week.

Notre Dame -12 over Air Force....Charlie Wiess enjoys throwing downfield up until the the final drive or two no matter what the score...He is very egotistical and not the classiest guy on the block....So I look to take advantage of his arrogance...

Washington ST -1 over Arizona St...Washington state will be all over that weak defense of ASU..while WSU's defense is not that special thereselves theyre a good road team.

Wake Forest +8 vs Florida State..FSU was the reciever of many gifts from Virgina last week..Wake has faced some tough challenges the last couple weeks that I guess justifys to Vegas there 8 point dogs to FSU..I disagree.

Tenn/ARK over 47..this is gonna be a shootout whoever has the ball last might win..both teams get in the late 20's early 30's..easy over.

..again these picks are not for my ego or any purpose other than to open up discussion about other fans opinions on my games or there own.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-09-2006, 02:01 PM
i think air force can keep it close with notre dame. they'll run the ball and keep the clock moving and keep brady quinn off the field. if they turn the ball over, it's a different story, but you can't predict those.

DBoston80
11-09-2006, 07:45 PM
i think air force can keep it close with notre dame. they'll run the ball and keep the clock moving and keep brady quinn off the field. if they turn the ball over, it's a different story, but you can't predict those.

Thats the approach I took with Navy......:fire:

DonShula84
11-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Your hatred of Weis makes me laugh

DBoston80
11-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Your hatred of Weis makes me laugh

Actually Im envious of his great looks and perfect body...what man can honestly say he's not jealous of that guy!!!

DonShula84
11-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Actually Im envious of his great looks and perfect body...what man can honestly say he's not jealous of that guy!!!

Classy

DBoston80
11-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Classy

If your definition of classy is Charlie Weis.....I'll take that as a compliment:tongue:

DonShula84
11-09-2006, 08:26 PM
If your definition of classy is Charlie Weis.....I'll take that as a compliment:tongue:

:lol: You know you want to see Weis squeeze into one of Tressel sweater vests.

DBoston80
11-09-2006, 08:33 PM
:lol: You know you want to see Weis squeeze into one of Tressel sweater vests.

I remember before last year when everyone was on Weis's jock strap..everyone was saying how you cant give Charlie Weis a month to prepare for anyone....And noone ever mentioned Tressell...Its amazing how underrated he is to this day....there's not a better big game coach at any level.

DonShula84
11-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I remember before last year when everyone was on Weis's jock strap..everyone was saying how you cant give Charlie Weis a month to prepare for anyone....And noone ever mentioned Tressell...Its amazing how underrated he is to this day....there's not a better big game coach at any level.

I agree Tressell is underrated big time

primetime23
11-11-2006, 02:58 AM
...Whats up everyone..Time for the College football games of the week from dboston 80.

Last Week: 7-5

I actually came ahead 9 and a half units this past week due to an unusually good run in the Pro's on Sunday....heres the Sat. games of the week.

Notre Dame -12 over Air Force....Charlie Wiess enjoys throwing downfield up until the the final drive or two no matter what the score...He is very egotistical and not the classiest guy on the block....So I look to take advantage of his arrogance...

Washington ST -1 over Arizona St...Washington state will be all over that weak defense of ASU..while WSU's defense is not that special thereselves theyre a good road team.

Wake Forest +8 vs Florida State..FSU was the reciever of many gifts from Virgina last week..Wake has faced some tough challenges the last couple weeks that I guess justifys to Vegas there 8 point dogs to FSU..I disagree.

Tenn/ARK over 47..this is gonna be a shootout whoever has the ball last might win..both teams get in the late 20's early 30's..easy over.

..again these picks are not for my ego or any purpose other than to open up discussion about other fans opinions on my games or there own.

notre dame is horrible against the spread this year, I have no trust in picking them. arkansas will cover the spread its 5.5 i took it. Crampton is going to start for tennesse hes a red shirt freshmen and they have no running game. So im taking arkasas here.

MikeO
11-11-2006, 06:28 AM
I agree Tressell is underrated big time

If they win it all and he has 2 rings, don't be shocked if the Cleveland Browns come calling with big money.

Pump some major life into that franchise with the hometown boy coming in to save the day. He could double or triple his salary easy.

There would be no point to stay at OSU with 2 rings. That is the rumor in the Ohio area as well.

DBoston80
11-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Wow...another 2-2 weekend.......not real happy about it at all..but I guess it coulda been worse(view commentary week 10)

..Sorry guys, next week's gonna be a winner I guarentee it..or I will close this thread...I dont post this to go 9-7...Winners win..see ya next weekend!

primetime23
11-13-2006, 06:32 AM
i did **** too I only won 1 game out of 6 this week. whats with the upsets in college football all the sudden. I thought for sure gt would cover the spread against nc, and i thought the same for the cal game and gt barley wins and cal lose's. Whats happening, i lost money this saturday

primetime23
11-13-2006, 06:33 AM
no need to close the thread. its fun seeing other peoples picks and seeing how they did

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-13-2006, 09:31 AM
wow, i was right about air force controlling the clock and keeping brady quinn off the field, but that didn't really matter. :lol:

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
wow, i was right about air force controlling the clock and keeping brady quinn off the field, but that didn't really matter. :lol:

U know front-butt doesnt hit the brakes!!!! Thank you Charlie..now I know how to treat your arrogance.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-13-2006, 03:02 PM
when you're trying to get style points, you have to pile it on.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
U know front-butt doesnt hit the brakes!!!! Thank you Charlie..now I know how to treat your arrogance.

Are you kidding me? Up 33-10 in the 3rd quarter Troy Smith threw his last Td of the game. Up 27-3 in the 3rd quarter Brady Quinn threw his last TD. I mean we called just as many pass plays as OSU, it was almost the same game. But our opponent scored more. Somehow that equals us running the score up but not you? After that we just ran the ball. How did we try to run the score up or show arrogance Let's not get personal ? You really just have no idea what you're talking about on this. Weis doesnt run the score up but dont let that stand in the way of your blind hatred.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Are you kidding me? Up 33-10 in the 3rd quarter Troy Smith threw his last Td of the game. Up 27-3 in the 3rd quarter Brady Quinn threw his last TD. I mean we called just as many pass plays as OSU, it was almost the same game. But our opponent scored more. Somehow that equals us running the score up but not you? After that we just ran the ball. How did we try to run the score up or show arrogance anymore than your boyfriend Tressell? You really just have no idea what you're talking about on this. Weis doesnt run the score up but dont let that stand in the way of your blind hatred.

:rolleyes: ...right he doesnt run up the score..ok whatever you wanna think:sidelol:

..Its fine Notre Dame apologist...just go and lose your bowl game..Im sure you will.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
:rolleyes: ...right he doesnt run up the score..ok whatever you wanna think:sidelol:

..Its fine Notre Dame apologist...just go and lose your bowl game..Im sure you will.

Way to back up your dumb argument. Just say you hate Weis because he got more attention then Tressel during the Fiesta Bowl and it hurt your feelings. No need to try and make up an argument.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Way to back up your dumb argument.

Im not gonna go dig up some stats just to appease you....He runs up the score to satisfy his childhood abuse he recieved when he was made fun of...He, like his team is overrated..and you will see soon enough.

Not that beating only one team in the top 25 is bad or nothing:lol:

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Im not gonna go dig up some stats just to appease you....He runs up the score to satisfy his childhood abuse he recieved when he was made fun of...He, like his team is overrated..and you will see soon enough.

Not that beating only one team in the top 25 is bad or nothing:lol:

Dont dig up any stats or scores, just use this last game. You said you knew Weis couldn't "hit the brakes" and that this game somehow showed his arrogance. Tell me how this game is an example of Weis running up the score and being arrogant but the OSU game shows class and that Tressel doesnt run the score up? If Charlie and ND ran the score up in this game and showed arrogance so did OSU and Tressel.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Dont dig up any stats or scores, just use this last game. You said you knew Weis couldn't "hit the brakes" and that this game somehow showed his arrogance. Tell me how this game is an example of Weis running up the score and being arrogant but the OSU game shows class and that Tressel doesnt run the score up? If Charlie and ND ran the score up in this game and showed arrogance so did OSU and Tressel.

Saying Notre Dame doesnt run the score up...is completely untrue and tells me all I need to know about the value of your opinion..

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Saying Notre Dame doesnt run the score up...is completely untrue and tells me all I need to know about the value of your opinion..

I love how you cant answer a direct question. Just show me using this last game how it is any different from what Tressel did.

NDs biggest win this year was by 24 points. Want to compare that to how much OSU has won by? And you say Weis cant hit the brakes?

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
I love how you cant answer a direct question. Just show me using this last game how it is any different from what Tressel did.

NDs biggest win this year was by 24 points. Want to compare that to how much OSU has won by? And you say Weis cant hit the brakes?

:shakeno: ..Jim Tressel could easily run up the score vs weak teams and only DIDNT stomp on the brakes once...so ofcourse YOU would base it on "the last game"..because if you didnt you would be wrong.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 07:57 PM
:shakeno: ..Jim Tressel could easily run up the score vs weak teams and only DIDNT stomp on the brakes once...so ofcourse YOU would base it on "the last game"..because if you didnt you would be wrong.

Your original comments were about the last game... sorry if I used your own complaints about last weeks game to make a point :lol:

Lets not pretend like this is the first time that OSU kept scoring with a big lead. Smith was still throwing TDs in the 4th quarter against Iowa, he threw 2 TD passes in the 4th quarter in a blow out against Bowling Green. Not only that but you're doing trick plays and having Ginn throw TDs in the 4th quarter while blowing out Indiana. The idea that this is the one time that Tressel didnt hit the brakes is a lie, and a complete joke. If Weis did any of these samethings in the same games under the same circumstances you'd be on here moaning about arrogant Weis running up the score. Your double standard is obvious and it shows the homer that you are.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Your original comments were about the last game... sorry if I used your own complaints about last weeks game to make a point :lol:

Lets not pretend like this is the first time that OSU kept scoring with a big lead. Smith was still throwing TDs in the 4th quarter against Iowa, he threw 2 TD passes in the 4th quarter in a blow out against Bowling Green. Not only that but you're doing trick plays and having Ginn throw TDs in the 4th quarter while blowing out Indiana. The idea that this is the one time that Tressel didnt hit the brakes is a lie, and a complete joke. If Weis did any of these samethings in the same games under the same circumstances you'd be on here moaning about arrogant Weis running up the score. Your double standard is obvious and it shows the homer that you are.

Im sure i could waste 10 minutes of my life to prove how much MORE front butt does infact throw TD's up 30 in the 4th..trying hard to get Quinn the heisman and Notre Dame some respect...sorry you have NO quality wins and Smith with a victory saturday wins the heisman

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Im sure i could waste 10 minutes of my life to prove how much MORE front butt does infact throw TD's up 30 in the 4th..trying hard to get Quinn the heisman and Notre Dame some respect...sorry you have NO quality wins and Smith with a victory saturday wins the heisman

:sidelol: As I thought, those direct questions keep tripping you up. And I believe Quinn has thrown 1 TD when up 30 in the 4th, against PSU.

Notre Dame and Weis dont call plays or score any different than any other team ranked in the top 10 who tries to protect a respectable lead for some points with the voters. And you certainly cant look at Tressel and OSU to prove any differently.

The quality win thing is as untrue as your running up the score argument.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 08:26 PM
:sidelol: As I thought, those direct questions keep tripping you up. And I believe Quinn has thrown 1 TD when up 30 in the 4th, against PSU.

Notre Dame and Weis dont call plays or score any different than any other team ranked in the top 10 who tries to protect a respectable lead for some points with the voters. And you certainly cant look at Tressel and OSU to prove any differently.

The quality win thing is as untrue as your running up the score argument.

Whose the quality win?? I know you dont think GT was a quality win:lol:

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Whose the quality win?? I know you dont think GT was a quality win:lol:

Your 1 quality win is Texas who is ranked 13 in the BCS. NDs is GT who is ranked 18...You have Michigan left, we have USC. Laugh it up, but you havent proven one point you've tried to make in months it seems and have an amazing ability to ignore it when you are completely proven wrong.

(Waits patiently for the common DBoston80 response of "Yeah..but Weis is fat and ND is overrated so take that"...)

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Your 1 quality win is Texas who is ranked 13 in the BCS. NDs is GT who is ranked 18...You have Michigan left, we have USC. Laugh it up, but you havent proven one point you've tried to make in months it seems and have an amazing ability to ignore it when you are completely proven wrong.

(Waits patiently for the common DBoston80 response of "Yeah..but Weis is fat and ND is overrated so take that"...)

Just check out the strength of schedule and go about your life....No comparison..

Too bad I wasnt posting in the college forum last Jan. when OSU pounded all over fron butt and co.....I wouldve enjoyed laughing at you.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Just check out the strength of schedule and go about your life....No comparison..

ok...

Notre Dame 13
OSU 20

Projected according to this site
Notre Dame 24
OSU 23

You're right...no comparison

http://www.tellshowbcs.com/

Other links incase that one didnt satisfy you. Links from the official BCS site

Ohio St 70.55( 49)
Notre Dame 73.96( 22)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

Ohio St .527 41
Notre Dame .564 19

http://andersonsports.com/football/ACF_frnk.html]

Like I said, you havent proven a point in months. Just give up and stick with yeah well Charlie Weis is fat.

http://www.cfrc.com/Ratings_2006/SS_12.htm
http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/rankings

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
ok...

Notre Dame 13
OSU 20

Projected according to this site
Notre Dame 24
OSU 23

You're right...no comparison

http://www.tellshowbcs.com/

Other links incase that one didnt satisfy you. Links from the official BCS site

Ohio St 70.55( 49)
Notre Dame 73.96( 22)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

Ohio St .527 41
Notre Dame .564 19

http://andersonsports.com/football/ACF_frnk.html]

Like I said, you havent proven a point in months. Just give up and stick with yeah well Charlie Weis is fat.

http://www.cfrc.com/Ratings_2006/SS_12.htm
http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/rankings

Ohio State has beaten #'s 2,13,23(2 on the road)
Notre Dame beat#19 @home..and got dismantled by Michigan at home.

..when you beat a team it affects there rankings...

Why am I arguing with a Notre Dame fan whose team has NO chance of playin thee Ohio State Buckeye's...

..Youll be fine though..IF you make a bcs bowl you will get beat again..we all know it...your team is SOooooo overrated its not funny...U have zero quality wins your defense is a joke(MSU)...I mean who in the top 10 could you really say your better than??

..If you played ANY of the top SEC teams(fla,lsu,ark,Aub,Tenn) there defenses would not allow the 30 points it would take for you to compete vs those teams..because even some of those offenses would shred your defense...

Face it..Notre Dame is a hyped up Louisville..good offense garbage defense...

..You troll around the Ohio State threads just to try and insult the Buckeye fans....Our team is superior to yours then again so is about 7-8 others in the country.

DonShula84
11-13-2006, 11:44 PM
When did I ever say OSU wasnt better than ND? In fact I've pretty much only ever said the opposite...

Fact is you said compare SOS, an argument you lost. You said look at how often ND throws when up 30, look at it and it doesnt happen often, another argument you lost. It also isnt true that ND has no chance to play OSU. 0-3. Also I'm assuming the #23 team you beat is PSU? Why do they count towards your quality win total but not NDs? Oh and the GT game wasnt @home. Do you even pay attention what happens outside of Columbus?

I've never made excuses for NDs defense. I've also said before that ND was probably overrated a bit. I can look at my team and be objective, you somehow look at OSU and say they're the perfect team.

I also wasnt trolling around any thread. You bring up ND and the arrogance of Weis I'm going to call you on it. You started with the insulting not me. The difference is you never have anything to back up what you say and then just change your argument once proven wrong.

DBoston80
11-13-2006, 11:51 PM
When did I ever say OSU wasnt better than ND? In fact I've pretty much only ever said the opposite...

Fact is you said compare SOS, an argument you lost. You said look at how often ND throws when up 30, look at it and it doesnt happen often, another argument you lost. It also isnt true that ND has no chance to play OSU. 0-3.

I've never made excuses for NDs defense. I've also said before that ND was probably overrated a bit. I can look at my team and be objective, you somehow look at OSU and say they're the perfect team.

I also wasnt trolling around any thread. You bring up ND and the arrogance of Weis I'm going to call you on it. You started with the insulting not me. The difference is you never have anything to back up what you say and then just change your argument once proven wrong.

..Right I said OSU was perfect......keep making things up if it makes you feel better about yourself and your team..

I insulted Charlie Wies..not you not anyone in your family...YOU are the one who issued a personal attack towards me(note your warning)..all I did was express my dislike of the smug coach..not you directly. Sorry if I offended you by making fun of ol Charlie...Not sure why you felt the need to chime in with a personal attack.

DonShula84
11-14-2006, 12:15 AM
..Right I said OSU was perfect......keep making things up if it makes you feel better about yourself and your team..

I insulted Charlie Wies..not you not anyone in your family...YOU are the one who issued a personal attack towards me(note your warning)..all I did was express my dislike of the smug coach..not you directly. Sorry if I offended you by making fun of ol Charlie...Not sure why you felt the need to chime in with a personal attack.

:lol: Yeah that was really a personal attack, saying you dont know what you're talking about, sorry if the truth is taken as an attack. You play the victim well lol. You expressed your dislike of ND and Weis, I explained why your original arguments against them were ridiculous at every turn.

And if it wasnt you who said OSU was a perfect team I apologize, it might have been Whitner20.

edit: just found the post where Whitner said that, sorry for attributing that gem of a post to you.

DBoston80
11-14-2006, 12:49 AM
:lol: Yeah that was really a personal attack, saying you dont know what you're talking about, sorry if the truth is taken as an attack. You play the victim well lol. You expressed your dislike of ND and Weis, I explained why your original arguments against them were ridiculous at every turn.

And if it wasnt you who said OSU was a perfect team I apologize, it might have been Whitner20.

edit: just found the post where Whitner said that, sorry for attributing that gem of a post to you.

No prob..I know us arrogant OSU fans are easy to mix up:wink: