PDA

View Full Version : Offical 06-07 NBA Eastern Conference Thread.. (keep Heat talk to a minimum pls)

FIN-IN-RI
11-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Lets see how far this thread goes...

Go Green!

Rocky Raccoon
11-01-2006, 06:41 PM
GO BUCKS!

Bucks open up in Detroit tonight. Andrew Bogut has been cleared to play and is ready to go :woot:

Amars
11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
The Bulls look good. I predict the Bulls and Pistons in the Eastern Finals. Maybe the heats but they dont look motivated except for Dwade.

DolphinDevil28
11-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Let's go Magic.

Fresh
11-01-2006, 07:36 PM
The Bulls look good. I predict the Bulls and Pistons in the Eastern Finals. Maybe the heats but they dont look motivated except for Dwade.
You can't look @ the first game of an 82-game season and take something that huge out've it, especially when you're talking about a 100% distracted team who is also very beat up with the injury bug. If that's the case, then the Suns are going 20-62. Miami is a veteran team who is built for March-April & beyond, not for this early season crap. Hell, at one point, we were 10-10 last year! I also remember losing to the Mavs by 30+. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland takes the #1 seed with a strong season, but once the playoffs comes.. man, it's a completely different season:

Heat > Cavs/Pistons > Bulls/Nets.

No one else really matters at this point, as far as "contenders"

UCFinfan86
11-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I am excited for both my teams this year, Celts and Heat. The celts could be a good team, all they would have to do is hire anyone with a clue about how to coach basketball. I am excited to see how the PG situation plays out for them

Amars
11-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Bulls lineup looks dominant. They have youth and now brought veterans PJ Brown and Ben Wallace. I think they are definantly going to represent in the ECF.

Buddwalk
11-01-2006, 08:23 PM
lets go charlotte....:woot:

FinsNYanksFan13
11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Go Ny Go Ny Go!

Alex44
11-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Miami and Chicago in the East Finals, it goes 7 games and Im not predicting a winner.

Rocky Raccoon
11-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Bucks are 1-0 after beating the Pistons 105-97 :woot:

MelbournePhin
11-01-2006, 11:51 PM
orlando is a sleeping giant

DolphinDevil28
11-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Magic whooped the Bulls 109-94.

Alex44
11-01-2006, 11:53 PM
I think the magic can/will make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed

MelbournePhin
11-01-2006, 11:55 PM
dwight is gonna own the paint

DolphinDevil28
11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
I think the magic can/will make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed

They keep playing like they did tonight, they're going to go higher than that.

Alex44
11-01-2006, 11:58 PM

I really like Howard, and I think J.J is gonna be good, and the East is weak so you could be right.

I could see them being a 6 seed at best

(In No Order)

Cleveland
Miami
Detroit
New Jersey
Chicago

One of those teams could falter, and they could end up a 5 but Im not sure about that

NJFINSFAN1
11-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Please all you guys and Gals!

You know NJ will win the Championship!

Alex44
11-02-2006, 12:08 AM
Please all you guys and Gals!

You know NJ will win the Championship!

They still dont have a post man and Vince Carter still doesnt play defense

phinman1
11-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Just got back from the Magic game. Howard is a monster. They have good guard depth with Nelson, Arroyo, Dooling and Hill, who started at shooting guard. Turk looked good as well. Darko has all the skills. This team could be tough.

That being said, I'm a Sixer fan. Everybody thinks we'll suck, but I think Philly will challenge for a playoff spot.

Rocky Raccoon
11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
and another note about the Bucks-Pistons game. Rasheed Wallace got tossed early in the 3rd quarter after his 2nd technical for running his big dumb mouth. With the new zero tolerance rules in the NBA this year, Rasheed is going to be in trouble unless he learns to shut the **** up. He's another guy I can't stand :shakeno:.

ILPhinFan88
11-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Let's go SIXERS

GreenMonster
11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Bucks are 1-0 after beating the Pistons 105-97 :woot:

Bucks fan?.. I thought I was the only Bucks fan on this board.. Well Mike Redd haters where are you, he just put up 37 on a pretty good team.. Villeneuva didn't play great but a frontcourt of him and Bogut will only get better and better with time, both these guys are under 24. Bogut is still playing a bit hurt and only got 28 minutes last night.. Charlie Bell has turned into a decent 6th man, and will be in the talk for the award this year.. Steve Blake had 6 assists and 0 turnovers in 15 mins of backup duty.. Perfect.. Lenny Harris has put together a young, high scoring squad, I can't help to be excited.. AND the fact that nobody, I repeat nobody has picked us for the playoffs or to do anything this year.. GO BUCKS>.

nyjunc
11-02-2006, 12:40 PM

How is redick doing?

nyjunc
11-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Bucks fan?.. I thought I was the only Bucks fan on this board.. Well Mike Redd haters where are you, he just put up 37 on a pretty good team.. Villeneuva didn't play great but a frontcourt of him and Bogut will only get better and better with time, both these guys are under 24. Bogut is still playing a bit hurt and only got 28 minutes last night.. Charlie Bell has turned into a decent 6th man, and will be in the talk for the award this year.. Steve Blake had 6 assists and 0 turnovers in 15 mins of backup duty.. Perfect.. Lenny Harris has put together a young, high scoring squad, I can't help to be excited.. AND the fact that nobody, I repeat nobody has picked us for the playoffs or to do anything this year.. GO BUCKS>.

David Noel needs to get some PT.

DolphinDevil28
11-02-2006, 01:19 PM
How is redick doing?

He's been hurt with a foot injury the whole preseason, so he's not in shape yet. He'll be a factor at some point soon.

The thing is, the Magic are so deep in the back court he's going to have a hard time getting into the rotation.

Rocky Raccoon
11-02-2006, 01:49 PM

:yes:

all though I do like to see the Wizards do good too.

Buddwalk
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
He's been hurt with a foot injury the whole preseason, so he's not in shape yet. He'll be a factor at some point soon.

The thing is, the Magic are so deep in the back court he's going to have a hard time getting into the rotation.

news to me i thought it was a back injury :hmmm:

DolphinDevil28
11-02-2006, 03:39 PM
news to me i thought it was a back injury :hmmm:

His back injury was fine after the draft.

He got plantar fascitis (same thing Jason Taylor had) right at the beginning of training camp.

He's fine now, but he's got to get back into shape and learn the NBA game.

Motion
11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Go Wizards!

My boy Arenas got off to a slow start but he'll be a top5 scorer once again!

Rocky Raccoon
11-04-2006, 12:09 AM
first loss of the year for the Bucks. They did a terrible, terrible job on defense tonight. Way too many wide open and uncontested shots for the Raptors.

Alex44
11-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Heat vs Sixers sunday should be a good game, Im curious to see how good Philli is.

King Felix
11-04-2006, 06:30 AM
first loss of the year for the Bucks. They did a terrible, terrible job on defense tonight. Way too many wide open and uncontested shots for the Raptors.i thought you were a wizards fan???:confused:

nyjunc
11-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I thought in a loss last night the Nets did well. After the heat's humiliating opener you knew they'd come out firing so I expect them to run away w/ the game but the Nets hung in there. They made a few mistakes late which cost them the game but overall not a bad loss.

Rocky Raccoon
11-04-2006, 10:30 AM
i thought you were a wizards fan???:confused:
:smackhead

I'm a Gilbert Arenas fan.

King Felix
11-04-2006, 02:42 PM
:smackhead

I'm a Gilbert Arenas fan.oooooooooh...that explains alot:lol:

FaninPatsyLand
11-04-2006, 05:53 PM
The hunt for Green 17... :lol:

Go Celtics!

Fresh
11-04-2006, 10:04 PM
I thought in a loss last night the Nets did well. After the heat's humiliating opener you knew they'd come out firing so I expect them to run away w/ the game but the Nets hung in there. They made a few mistakes late which cost them the game but overall not a bad loss.

Dwyane Wade played 29 minutes and Jason Williams is still out. You can't really measure a team in the East right now by their performance against Miami, who is far from full strength.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier.. I think Cleveland & New Jersey will both have fantastic records, with over 50 wins a piece. Those two teams should dominate the regular season. I could see Cleveland with the #1 seed. But of course, I think the playoffs will be a different story.

GreenMonster
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
The Bucks beat down the Kings tonight.. Our core of Redd, Bogut and Villanueva scored 70+ points.. If we learn to play any Defense we should make it to the playoffs..

nyjunc
11-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Dwyane Wade played 29 minutes and Jason Williams is still out. You can't really measure a team in the East right now by their performance against Miami, who is far from full strength.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier.. I think Cleveland & New Jersey will both have fantastic records, with over 50 wins a piece. Those two teams should dominate the regular season. I could see Cleveland with the #1 seed. But of course, I think the playoffs will be a different story.

It was still a wounded Champion and the nets are incorporating alot of new faces so they are still a work in progress. Either way Miami owns the Nets and even beating them the other night wouldn't mean a heck of a lot as the nets were 3-1 against miami in the reg season last year.

nyjunc
11-05-2006, 08:20 AM

Go Celtics!

That's been a long hunt, you werre hunting for #17 in 1987 too:D The Lakers are now just 2 behind Boston when at the time Boston won #16 they were 7 behind.

Rocky Raccoon
11-05-2006, 10:55 AM
The Bucks beat down the Kings tonight.. Our core of Redd, Bogut and Villanueva scored 70+ points.. If we learn to play any Defense we should make it to the playoffs..

their defense is so freakin' bad right now it's pathetic. Good thing they score a lot of they wouldn't have any wins. So far I'm very impressed with Bogut. He wasn't even supposed to be playing yet with his injury and he's out there and playing very good basketball.

phinman1
11-05-2006, 12:00 PM
C'mon Philly, spank the Heat today. Everybody thought they would be a doormat in the Eastern Conference, but with young players such as Korver and Igoudala maturing, they are going to be better than people think. AI is still AI. Everbody has seemingly forgotten about this remarkable athlete, he knows that and has something to prove. To me the key to this team is Dalembert, if this talent can get his head out of his a**, this team could do some damage. Also, they actually look as if they made a commitment to defense.

FIN-IN-RI
11-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Man.. Any bets on Rivers making it to the all-star break??

I'd like to see Ainge step in as Head Coach. He brings a toughness and possibly more stability that Doc can't or won't bring.

ILPhinFan88
11-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Heat vs Sixers sunday should be a good game, Im curious to see how good Philli is.

Go SIXERS :D

FaninPatsyLand
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Man.. Any bets on Rivers making it to the all-star break??

I'd like to see Ainge step in as Head Coach. He brings a toughness and possibly more stability that Doc can't or won't bring.

Doc is terrible.

This Celtics team is VERY talented.. and I don't see any reason why we can't win the Atlantic. New Jersey is good, but they've got ZERO depth on that bench. Josh Boone even when healthy, sucks.

We'll see if the Celtics can put it all together under Rivers, but I think they'd take off if/when Doc gets axed.

FaninPatsyLand
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM
That's been a long hunt, you werre hunting for #17 in 1987 too:D The Lakers are now just 2 behind Boston when at the time Boston won #16 they were 7 behind.

From a Nets fan.. :sidelol:

Why don't win ONE, then come back and chat.

ChambersWI
11-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Doc is terrible.

This Celtics team is VERY talented.. and I don't see any reason why we can't win the Atlantic. New Jersey is good, but they've got ZERO depth on that bench. Josh Boone even when healthy, sucks.

We'll see if the Celtics can put it all together under Rivers, but I think they'd take off if/when Doc gets axed.

you have talent, but only two proven players in Wally and Pierce.

That's basically it. After those two, you have a young team that hasn't reached their potential.

Buddwalk
11-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Doc is terrible.

thats actually very untrue...antoine wright is becoming a decent 6th man...Boone will get better, and marcus williams has looked good subbing in for jason williams. The nets win the atlantic hands down

Roman529
11-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Who is the only undefeated team in the Eastern Conference??

My Philadelphia 76ers. :1st:

Roman529
11-06-2006, 11:46 PM

Go Celtics!

I think the Green the hasn't sniffed a title since 1986 ?....I think the Lakers will overtake the Celts in NBA titles in the next decade.

UCFinfan86
11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I think the Green the hasn't sniffed a title since 1986 ?....I think the Lakers will overtake the Celts in NBA titles in the next decade.

Lakers won't win a title anytime soon. I don't believe Kobe can lead a game to a title, he may be able to fool people in the regular season that he has changed and isn't a ballhog but some playoff time he will revert to his old ways

FaninPatsyLand
11-07-2006, 02:20 AM
thats actually very untrue...antoine wright is becoming a decent 6th man...Boone will get better, and marcus williams has looked good subbing in for jason williams. The nets win the atlantic hands down

It's not untrue. The Nets have a solid starting lineup, but they virtually no depth.. and Boone IS terrible.

FaninPatsyLand
11-07-2006, 02:28 AM
you have talent, but only two proven players in Wally and Pierce.

That's basically it. After those two, you have a young team that hasn't reached their potential.

No arguements there.

They have a ton of guys that could step up and play important roles. Just looking at this roster though, I don't understand how anyone could contend that the future of this franchise isn't bright. Perkins, Jefferson, Gomes, Green, Telfair, Rondo and West all could become big time contributors in the near future.

Ainge has collected a ton of talent through the draft, now we just need them to develop.

nyjunc
11-07-2006, 06:49 AM
From a Nets fan.. :sidelol:

Why don't win ONE, then come back and chat.

At least the Nets have 2 Eastern Conf titles, th celts have turned into the old Nets since winning their last title before the ball went through Buckner's legs. The Celts have NO shot at the division, the Atlantic is the Nets and then the rest of the division is mediocrity at best.

nyjunc
11-07-2006, 06:50 AM
No arguements there.

They have a ton of guys that could step up and play important roles. Just looking at this roster though, I don't understand how anyone could contend that the future of this franchise isn't bright. Perkins, Jefferson, Gomes, Green, Telfair, Rondo and West all could become big time contributors in the near future.

Ainge has collected a ton of talent through the draft, now we just need them to develop.

Gomes, telfair, Rondo and West I think will be average players at best but the others you mentioned I think you can build around and w/in a few years you could be back at the top of the division.

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Gomes, telfair, Rondo and West I think will be average players at best but the others you mentioned I think you can build around and w/in a few years you could be back at the top of the division.

i feel that Rondo and West will be good players(west is on the verge) and perkins, gomes, telfair will be average layers

MARINO1384
11-07-2006, 09:53 AM
It's not untrue. The Nets have a solid starting lineup, but they virtually no depth.. and Boone IS terrible.

Solid? yeah because Kidd,Carter,Jefferson and Krystic are just solid....yeah ummm not really......they have one of if not the best trio in the game,plus antoine wright,marcus willams (who could very well end up being rookie of the year this year) Mikki Moore is a solid backup C,eddie house will be a good backup when he returns from injury and nachbar has played great this year off the bench plus cliff robinson is a good defender and 3 point shooter off the bench.

but yeah they have absolutly no depth.....thier backups could prolly beat the celtics starting 5 hahaha

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Solid? yeah because Kidd,Carter,Jefferson and Krystic are just solid....yeah ummm not really......they have one of if not the best trio in the game,plus antoine wright,marcus willams (who could very well end up being rookie of the year this year) Mikki Moore is a solid backup C,eddie house will be a good backup when he returns from injury and nachbar has played great this year off the bench plus cliff robinson is a good defender and 3 point shooter off the bench.

but yeah they have absolutly no depth.....thier backups could prolly beat the celtics starting 5 hahaha

haha ya right, if the celtics had a coach that had any clue on how to coach basketball they would be right up there with the nets.

Yea you guys might be strong now, but wait until Carter, Kidd, and/or Jefferson are all hurt.

Your bench isn't even compareable to the celtics bench. West is better then anyone on your bench. I would proably take Gomes over anyone on your bench as well.

nyjunc
11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
haha ya right, if the celtics had a coach that had any clue on how to coach basketball they would be right up there with the nets.

Yea you guys might be strong now, but wait until Carter, Kidd, and/or Jefferson are all hurt.

Your bench isn't even compareable to the celtics bench. West is better then anyone on your bench. I would proably take Gomes over anyone on your bench as well.

So now you are relying on the Nets 3 best players to get hurt so your team can be as good as them?

MARINO1384
11-07-2006, 11:43 AM

they won't get hurt...and say kidd gets hurt,we have marcus williams who is a starting cailbur pg already,jefferson was hurt last year and we did fine without him and now this year we have even more guys to step in and take his place in antoine wright, Carter gets hurt and willaims,kidd and jefferson step up.

Williams > West
Cliff Robinson > Gomes

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 12:06 PM
So now you are relying on the Nets 3 best players to get hurt so your team can be as good as them?

Im not saying all 3 of them are going to get hurt, i am saying 1 of them is bound to get hurt, and i never said we were going to be as good as them. Read what i wrote, i said if we had a coach(which we don't) we would be up there. I believe if we had a coach that played a fast tempo style that actually knew how to coach we would be right up there with the Nets with or without the nets injuries.

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 12:08 PM
they won't get hurt...and say kidd gets hurt,we have marcus williams who is a starting cailbur pg already,jefferson was hurt last year and we did fine without him and now this year we have even more guys to step in and take his place in antoine wright, Carter gets hurt and willaims,kidd and jefferson step up.

Williams > West
Cliff Robinson > Gomes

lol starting calibur PG after 3 games in the league??

Lets see West proved he is a good player, Williams hasn't proved anything yet.

Cliff Robinson is 40 years old and on his last leg. Meanwhile gomes a 2nd year player last year as a rookie had better stats then Robinson and gomes really started to blossom in the 2nd half.

MARINO1384
11-07-2006, 12:30 PM
lol starting calibur PG after 3 games in the league??

Lets see West proved he is a good player, Williams hasn't proved anything yet.

Cliff Robinson is 40 years old and on his last leg. Meanwhile gomes a 2nd year player last year as a rookie had better stats then Robinson and gomes really started to blossom in the 2nd half.

Have you watched him in college and preseason at all?....the kid has a ton of talent.Cliff is a better defender and we have antoine wright who's going to be better then Gomes....
Nets = better starters,better bench,better team,more success

FinsNYanksFan13
11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
If the Celtics have Phil Jackon as their coach they'd be right where they are right now. The only team the Celtics are better then in the Atlantic is the Knicks no matter who their coach is, PERIOD!

MARINO1384
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
If the Celtics have Phil Jackon as their coach they'd be right where they are right now. The only team the Celtics are better then in the Atlantic is the Knicks no matter who their coach is, PERIOD!

exactly!!

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Have you watched him in college and preseason at all?....the kid has a ton of talent.Cliff is a better defender and we have antoine wright who's going to be better then Gomes....
Nets = better starters,better bench,better team,more success

yes i have, im a huge Uconn fan, he is good, he will proably end up being a good PG, but to say he is already a good PG after 3 games is stretching it.

Have you ever watched Gomes or West or Telfair or any of the young celtics play??

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 12:57 PM

If D'Antoni was their coach, they are a playoff team, u get any coach that runs all day they are a playoff team, they have so many athletes on this team. Gomes, Allen, Green, Pierce, West, Rondo

FaninPatsyLand
11-07-2006, 04:20 PM

This statement is about as uninformed as the Knicks front office.

FaninPatsyLand
11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Rajon Rondo will be better than Marcus Williams.

nyjunc
11-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Rajon Rondo will be better than Marcus Williams.

I don't think that will be the case, Rondo is quicker but his body is not built for the NBA game and he can't shoot.

FaninPatsyLand
11-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I don't think that will be the case, Rondo is quicker but his body is not built for the NBA game and he can't shoot.

The operative word in the above statement is will.

But I'd still rather have Rondo over Williams now as well.

FaninPatsyLand
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Williams > West

:lol:

Let West play his normal SG position for a year, as opposed to the PG role he was forced into, and it won't even be close.

West is a very good player that does a ton of things well.

And what's with all this Gomes bashing? The guy is a very solid rotational player that was a steal in the late 2nd round. He plays like a 10 year vet and is an excellent bench player. He's about 100x more valuable than Josh Boone.

ChambersWI
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM
No arguements there.

If I'm Ainge I look to trade a couple of the young guys for some solid vets.

I've heard that the Celts are thinking of trading Wally and future considerations to Indiana for Jackson and either Foster or Jasikevicius.

On a side note: two teams that will make an impact this year (note: make the playoffs, and contend in the next couple of years) are the Bucks and the Raptors.

The Raps have looked pretty good their first 3 games (just need to be better at chosing their shots), and Redd/Bogut/Villanueva looks good for the Bucks (just need their bench to start scoring).

Detroit will struggle this year. They'll make the playoffs, but they don't have any intensity. Muhammad has been good for them early on, but he'll fall off the face of the earth soon.

If Korver can keep producing off the bench, and the 6ers can find a back up PG that can score, I think they can win the Atlantic. The Nets have a good starting line-up, but I don't think a team that has to rely on so many unproven bench players can play at a high level all season (but I still think they can make the Playoffs)

Dark Horse in the East: Indiana Pacers. Daniels,Harrison,Armstrong,Foster, and Jas... Sarunas has been a very good bench. The only thing they need to do is get rid of Jackson.

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM

I've heard that the Celts are thinking of trading Wally and future considerations to Indiana for Jackson and either Foster or Jasikevicius.

On a side note: two teams that will make an impact this year (note: make the playoffs, and contend in the next couple of years) are the Bucks and the Raptors.

The Raps have looked pretty good their first 3 games (just need to be better at chosing their shots), and Redd/Bogut/Villanueva looks good for the Bucks (just need their bench to start scoring).

Detroit will struggle this year. They'll make the playoffs, but they don't have any intensity. Muhammad has been good for them early on, but he'll fall off the face of the earth soon.

If Korver can keep producing off the bench, and the 6ers can find a back up PG that can score, I think they can win the Atlantic. The Nets have a good starting line-up, but I don't think a team that has to rely on so many unproven bench players can play at a high level all season (but I still think they can make the Playoffs)

Dark Horse in the East: Indiana Pacers. Daniels,Harrison,Armstrong,Foster, and Jas... Sarunas has been a very good bench. The only thing they need to do is get rid of Jackson.

Indiana has a good team, but i dont think the 76ers will keep it up, Korver sucks, Webber is injury prone. However if Rondey Carney steps up or Igoduala really develops liek alot of people think he will they couldd sneak into the playoffs

FIN-IN-RI
11-07-2006, 06:13 PM

No.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-07-2006, 06:45 PM
If D'Antoni was their coach, they are a playoff team, u get any coach that runs all day they are a playoff team, they have so many athletes on this team. Gomes, Allen, Green, Pierce, West, Rondo

Yeah because you guys have the same amount of talent as the Suns LMAO. :sidelol: You know that isn't true. Would the Celtics be better with D'Antoni, yeah they probably would. Instead of only winning 20 games they'd win 28, that's how good they would be with him! :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
11-07-2006, 06:48 PM
No.

I have to agree with him.

Danny Ainge has no clue!

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah because you guys have the same amount of talent as the Suns LMAO. :sidelol: You know that isn't true. Would the Celtics be better with D'Antoni, yeah they probably would. Instead of only winning 20 games they'd win 28, that's how good they would be with him! :lol:

:shakeno: with the ****test coach in the league we will still win atleast 35 games, and where did i say anythign about having the same amount of talent as the suns? Do you guys know how to read?

FinsNYanksFan13
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
:shakeno: with the ****test coach in the league we will still win atleast 35 games, and where did i say anythign about having the same amount of talent as the suns? Do you guys know how to read?

I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was just saying that the Celtics don't have the talent the Suns do therefore I don't know how much of an impact D'Antoni would have on this team. Plus as bad as the Suns are defensively you guys are even worse then them which explains why you hung 117 the other night and lost. With D'Antoni the Celtics are not a playoff team. They'd win 5 more games or so but their not a playoff team no matter who the coach is because they don't have the talent!

FinsNYanksFan13
11-07-2006, 07:18 PM
This statement is about as uninformed as the Knicks front office.

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to throw stones if you live in a glass house?

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was just saying that the Celtics don't have the talent the Suns do therefore I don't know how much of an impact D'Antoni would have on this team. Plus as bad as the Suns are defensively you guys are even worse then them which explains why you hung 117 the other night and lost. With D'Antoni the Celtics are not a playoff team. They'd win 5 more games or so but their not a playoff team no matter who the coach is because they don't have the talent!

Last year we won 33 games and we didnt lose anyone. We've added some pieces Telfair, Ratliff(a good defensive presence for about 10 minutes a game), and Rondo, as well as some of our younger players gaining experience (West, Gomes, Jefferson, Perkins). We will win ATLEAST 35 games and if doc is canned soon, then that number should surely rise.

Also i know we dont have the talent of the suns, but no matter what, you add a coach as good as D'antoni to the celtics are who built for his style, it will have an impact. Im not saying if we had D'antoni we would be championship caliber team like the suns, simply saying 45 wins would be reasonable, but still proably an first round exit, maybe a second round depending on the matchup

FIN-IN-RI
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I have to agree with him.

Danny Ainge has no clue!

You all just wait and see.. :evilmod:

Ainge knows what he's doing. He only learned form the greatest that ever lived.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-07-2006, 08:37 PM

If Ainge turns the Celtics around I'll be the first person on here giving him his props but right now it looks like this team is taking a step back. But I understand the franchise needs time because of the amount of young guys they got on their team but for this season I think their in trouble!

NJFINSFAN1
11-07-2006, 08:39 PM

I heard he wanted to break the Red Sox's 86 year record without a title!:lol:

FaninPatsyLand
11-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Didn't anyone ever tell you not to throw stones if you live in a glass house?

Again, you aren't making much sense here.

Your previous statement was uninformed, as opposed to my previous statements which have been more opinion based.

Care to clarify?

ChambersWI
11-07-2006, 09:06 PM

I'm not gonna cruicfy the Celts, but I do not think Ainge will be the GM much longer.

Too much imbalance on the roster. Unless he trades some of his young guys to get proven veterans, he's not going to be around long enough to see them reach their full potential.

MARINO1384
11-07-2006, 09:18 PM
:lol:

Let West play his normal SG position for a year, as opposed to the PG role he was forced into, and it won't even be close.

West is a very good player that does a ton of things well.

And what's with all this Gomes bashing? The guy is a very solid rotational player that was a steal in the late 2nd round. He plays like a 10 year vet and is an excellent bench player. He's about 100x more valuable than Josh Boone.

seriously what's with your obsession of Boone? all you say is how bad he is and no ones gonna argue with you....he's a rookie and he's like prolly our tenth or higher man....why are you comparing Gomes to someone that will most likely be inactive most of the games his rookie season.

MARINO1384
11-07-2006, 09:27 PM

The Nets won the Altlantic last year without any bench at all,now this year Kystic has improved the starting line up plus while having unproven guys they still have better depth and potential then last year...They've only improved and the 6ers have done nothing to put themselves of the Nets

UCFinfan86
11-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Cliff Robinson > Gomes

Gomes with a triple double last night

FinsNYanksFan13
11-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Again, you aren't making much sense here.

Your previous statement was uninformed, as opposed to my previous statements which have been more opinion based.

Care to clarify?

Yeah I will clarify....

Piece = An All Star

Wally = Over-paid shooter

Theo Ratliff = old and over-paid

Telfair = Another Marbury

Ryan Gomes = Has shown signs but isn't consistant. Could be a decent player in this league but that's still up in the air

Perkins = Hasn't shown any signs of improvement in his 4th year in the league now

Delonte West = Has a chance to be a player in this league. Not an All-Star but a guy who's a solid contributor.

Olowokandi = A bum, probably the worst # 1 pick of all time with Kwame

Allen = Has potential

Green = To young for me to comment yet, could become a player.

Rondo = A rookie who I won't comment on until he plays a full season

Al Jefferson = Has talent and could become a serious player in the league but he's out right now so he can't help them !

To me, this is a roster capable of maybe 30 wins. Everyone is killing Doc but I think getting 35 wins from the roster he had last year was a miracle. Now expecting him to win once again with average vets (aside from Pierce) and a bunch of kids is asking a ton. This team needs time, period, and all you Celtic fans whining for Doc's head are just looking for an excuse. I give the Celtics props because I think they've rebuilt the right way (with young guys) but at the end of THIS SEASON, you guys will be battling the Knicks for last place in the Atlantic no matter who the coach is. In the future, if even half of the kids on this roster pan out their going to be a scary team for a lot of years but right now, you Celtic fans saying they can hang with the Nets if they had a better coach are out of your minds. 35 wins was a ton last year and I see this years Celtics winning around 28!

Alex44
11-09-2006, 11:50 AM
The Nets won the Altlantic last year without any bench at all,now this year Kystic has improved the starting line up plus while having unproven guys they still have better depth and potential then last year...They've only improved and the 6ers have done nothing to put themselves of the Nets

True, but Vince Carter still doesnt play defense, Jason Kidd is another year older and less effective, Richard Jefferson is streaky, and they still dont have a post presence

Depending how the seeds work out you have a shot at the eastern conference finals, but only if Miami ends up playing Chicago before the ECF.

UCFinfan86
11-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah I will clarify....

Piece = An All Star

Wally = Over-paid shooter

Theo Ratliff = old and over-paid

Telfair = Another Marbury

Ryan Gomes = Has shown signs but isn't consistant. Could be a decent player in this league but that's still up in the air

Perkins = Hasn't shown any signs of improvement in his 4th year in the league now

Delonte West = Has a chance to be a player in this league. Not an All-Star but a guy who's a solid contributor.

Olowokandi = A bum, probably the worst # 1 pick of all time with Kwame

Allen = Has potential

Green = To young for me to comment yet, could become a player.

Rondo = A rookie who I won't comment on until he plays a full season

Al Jefferson = Has talent and could become a serious player in the league but he's out right now so he can't help them !

To me, this is a roster capable of maybe 30 wins. Everyone is killing Doc but I think getting 35 wins from the roster he had last year was a miracle. Now expecting him to win once again with average vets (aside from Pierce) and a bunch of kids is asking a ton. This team needs time, period, and all you Celtic fans whining for Doc's head are just looking for an excuse. I give the Celtics props because I think they've rebuilt the right way (with young guys) but at the end of THIS SEASON, you guys will be battling the Knicks for last place in the Atlantic no matter who the coach is. In the future, if even half of the kids on this roster pan out their going to be a scary team for a lot of years but right now, you Celtic fans saying they can hang with the Nets if they had a better coach are out of your minds. 35 wins was a ton last year and I see this years Celtics winning around 28!

Your player anaylsis is a little off.

Wally - yes he is over paid, but he is a good scorer and a good 3 point shooter. Last year he averaged about 19ppg, Jefferson averaged about 16.5. Yes jefferson is a better player, but better pure scorer? im sure.

Theo Ratliff- Old? yes, but a great shot blocker and a pretty good defender, yet Cliff Robinson is 40, but you guys say he is a good defender and provides quality depth :confused:

Telfair- How exactly is he another marbury?? marbury is a pure scorer and a ballhog, telfair is known for his handles, not his shot. How exactly are they the similiar? because they are both from NY? Telfair looked good this preseason and has always had alot of hype, i dont think he will be good, but hes not antoher marbury

Gomes- really improved last year after he was giving a chance to start (if i remember correctly, it was because of Al's injury), i will say though, we still don't know what he will become, but he could become a pretty good role player in this league, but the verdict is still out

Perkins- pretty accurate

West- Agreed

Kandi- Agreed, bum i hate him

Allen- agreed, he would be better in an offense that runs like crazy, because he is up near the top in the league in athletisicm, he is also a pretty decent defender

Green- agree, but his future looks real bright

Rondo- agree, but yet how can you say Marcus Williams is all this, but yet can't comment on Rondo

Al Jefferson- looked good in the first couple of games and came back this year really motivated, he is going to be a big determining factor in their season, they really could use his post presence

i think this roster has about 35-38 win potential with Doc as their coach, now you slam us for blaming Doc, we'll you guys are fortunate enough to have a coach, try going what is now i believe 3 seasons with him and you would hate him as well. I belive with a coach that can utilize their stregnths(athleticim) they could be a 42-45 win team this year and depending on how West, Allen, Green, Rondo, Telfair, etc play, basically the whole team except Wally and Pierce have reached their potential, their future next season and beyond is better then NJ, especially if Carter leaves and with kidd getting older.

EDIT: i just went back and read that it was Marino guy, not you that made the comments about marcus williams and cliff robinson

FinsNYanksFan13
11-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Your player anaylsis is a little off.

Wally - yes he is over paid, but he is a good scorer and a good 3 point shooter. Last year he averaged about 19ppg, Jefferson averaged about 16.5. Yes jefferson is a better player, but better pure scorer? im sure.

Theo Ratliff- Old? yes, but a great shot blocker and a pretty good defender, yet Cliff Robinson is 40, but you guys say he is a good defender and provides quality depth :confused:

Telfair- How exactly is he another marbury?? marbury is a pure scorer and a ballhog, telfair is known for his handles, not his shot. How exactly are they the similiar? because they are both from NY? Telfair looked good this preseason and has always had alot of hype, i dont think he will be good, but hes not antoher marbury

Gomes- really improved last year after he was giving a chance to start (if i remember correctly, it was because of Al's injury), i will say though, we still don't know what he will become, but he could become a pretty good role player in this league, but the verdict is still out

Perkins- pretty accurate

West- Agreed

Kandi- Agreed, bum i hate him

Allen- agreed, he would be better in an offense that runs like crazy, because he is up near the top in the league in athletisicm, he is also a pretty decent defender

Green- agree, but his future looks real bright

Rondo- agree, but yet how can you say Marcus Williams is all this, but yet can't comment on Rondo

Al Jefferson- looked good in the first couple of games and came back this year really motivated, he is going to be a big determining factor in their season, they really could use his post presence

i think this roster has about 35-38 win potential with Doc as their coach, now you slam us for blaming Doc, we'll you guys are fortunate enough to have a coach, try going what is now i believe 3 seasons with him and you would hate him as well. I belive with a coach that can utilize their stregnths(athleticim) they could be a 42-45 win team this year and depending on how West, Allen, Green, Rondo, Telfair, etc play, basically the whole team except Wally and Pierce have reached their potential, their future next season and beyond is better then NJ, especially if Carter leaves and with kidd getting older.

EDIT: i just went back and read that it was Marino guy, not you that made the comments about marcus williams and cliff robinson

Listen I won't pretend to be an expert on your team so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you know much more about this team then I do. I just want to emphasize that I am talking of the Celtics in terms of this year, not the future. Like I said, if your young guys work out the Atlantic division better watch out, it could be a long reign for the Celtics but this year, I expect 28-32 wins and back in the lottery. Their rise may very well begin next year but like I said, I'm just looking at the Celtics in terms of this season and I expect them to be battling the Knicks for last in the Atlantic!

FIN-IN-RI
11-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Listen I won't pretend to be an expert on your team so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you know much more about this team then I do. I just want to emphasize that I am talking of the Celtics in terms of this year, not the future. Like I said, if your young guys work out the Atlantic division better watch out, it could be a long reign for the Celtics but this year, I expect 28-32 wins and back in the lottery. Their rise may very well begin next year but like I said, I'm just looking at the Celtics in terms of this season and I expect them to be battling the Knicks for last in the Atlantic!

I'm excited about the future but really it's anybody's guess as to how these kids will turn out.. Here's to hoping.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm excited about the future but really it's anybody's guess as to how these kids will turn out.. Here's to hoping.

10 kids on the roster that were born in 1982 or later. The Celtics could have a bright, bright future if 5 or 6 of these kids pan out. And I can't stand the Celtics but I call a spade a spade. If these kids pan out the Atlantic could be in trouble. Also just because I can't stand the Celtics doesn't mean I won't give them their respect. I respect that they've decided to rebuild the right way by going young and starting from scratch for the most part. I wish the Knicks would have done this but their stuck in the position their in so no need to cry over spilled milk!

MARINO1384
11-10-2006, 09:42 AM
True, but Vince Carter still doesnt play defense, Jason Kidd is another year older and less effective, Richard Jefferson is streaky, and they still dont have a post presence

Depending how the seeds work out you have a shot at the eastern conference finals, but only if Miami ends up playing Chicago before the ECF.

Less effective? He's probably one of if not the most complete player in the NBA when it comes to passing,shooting,rebounding and playing defense. Vince Carter does play defense,maybe not the best but then again half of the NBA doesn't play defense so why does it matter? Yes Jefferson is streaky but that is because Vince gets a majority of the touches so Jefferson isn't able to drive and be the main scorer like he is capable of. If Vince were to get hurt, i garentee that Jefferson would be more consistent. AS for post presence, we have Kyrstic, but you don't need a post presence when you have Jefferson and Carter driving,scoring and making other teams post players commit fouls on them. They don't need a great post player as long as they can defend the other teams post player,which they can do a decent job. Kyrstic,Collins,Moore and Boone should be able to atleast contain the opp. big man.

They Nets have a shot at the Finals no matter who they play....They've added the key thing they were missing last year...a bench....

King Felix
11-12-2006, 02:39 AM
telfair broke the scoring record in ny......i dont want him as my teams point guard. period.

King Felix
11-12-2006, 02:43 AM
ratliff-good blocker, and defender. will miss atleast half the games due to injury

btw telfair for roy...what a trade

Rocky Raccoon
11-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Bucks finally snapped their losing streak with a 103-101 win over the Hawks. Tomorrow they're in New Jersey.

Rocky Raccoon
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
god the Bucks defense is absolutely horrible.

ChambersWI
11-15-2006, 10:22 PM

main problem is the bench. Not that the bench is bad, just can't score.

ChambersWI
11-15-2006, 10:39 PM
look at Renaldo Balkman tonight 16 points and 6 rebounds in 13 minutes:lol:

DolphinDevil28
11-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Magic keep winning!!!!

They just might, juuuuuuust might be better than the Heat this year. They are way deeper, have a dominant big man and a lot of sharp shooters.

If the Magic can just cut down on the turnovers and play a little better D, they have a real shot in the East.

MARINO1384
11-16-2006, 07:45 PM

it's also not a good thing when 2 of your starters go scoreless........

Fresh
11-16-2006, 07:53 PM
They just might, juuuuuuust might be better than the Heat this year.
Early season hype aside......

No way they're a better team than the Heat.

Nonetheless, fantastic young team that I love to watch whenever the Heat aren't playing. Dwight Howard is just.. man, I have no words. The guy is a BEAST. There is no way he's not considered as THE BEST BIG in the game by next year, the latest. They are going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs for anyone, and they should see a first or second round exit (which would be a huge improvement).

ChambersWI
11-16-2006, 08:03 PM
Magic keep winning!!!!

They just might, juuuuuuust might be better than the Heat this year. They are way deeper, have a dominant big man and a lot of sharp shooters.

If the Magic can just cut down on the turnovers and play a little better D, they have a real shot in the East.

once Reddick is healthy, I think the team becomes even more dangerous. Howard and Nelson are going to be All-Stars sooner rather than later, Turkalu is having a great season, Hill is healthy, Arroyo and Dooling are adding a spark off the bench, and Darko is playing pretty well. JJ will add another 3 point shooter that IMO they need to go to the next level.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Frustrated Webber wants out of Philadelphia

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/200611081951715141995pfwidec-1.jpg (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15629635/displaymode/1176/rstry/15755921/)

Chris Webber, frustrated after working his way back from a knee injury (http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=77&k=knee%20injury) only to see his role reduced, wants to be traded by the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report in the Sacramento Bee.

"I'm not going to keep playing like this," Webber told the Bee on Wednesday after scoring six points in 23 minutes in Philadelphia's 96-90 win at Seattle.
He told the paper that he has already made his feelings clear to 76ers management.

"I don't like this role," he said. "So, you can take that however you want."

Webber, a five-time All-Star who has also played for Golden State, Washington and Sacramento, is averaging just over 30 minutes a game, well below his career average of 38.

According to the Bee, Webber said during training camp that he was in his best shape since the surgery. He did shoot only 37 percent, however, in the 76ers' first seven games.

76ers coach Maurice Cheeks said he wouldn't put one player above the good of his team.

"I'm sure (he's frustrated)," Cheeks told the Bee. "But this is a team game and we're trying to treat it as such. We're not trying to put a lot of individual things on what we're trying to do. I certainly understand it's hard. It's a difficult situation. But we're trying to do this as a team and not break it down."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15755921/

FIN-IN-RI
11-17-2006, 10:19 PM
ratliff-good blocker, and defender. will miss atleast half the games due to injury

btw telfair for roy...what a trade

Yeha telfair is pretty good.

nyjunc
11-18-2006, 07:32 AM
once Reddick is healthy, I think the team becomes even more dangerous. Howard and Nelson are going to be All-Stars sooner rather than later, Turkalu is having a great season, Hill is healthy, Arroyo and Dooling are adding a spark off the bench, and Darko is playing pretty well. JJ will add another 3 point shooter that IMO they need to go to the next level.

Keep in mind that whenever JJ played NBA caliber athletic G's in College he struggled m ightily and even though he is considered a great shooter he only shot slightly above 40% from the college line. Unless he's getting wide open looks he's going to struggle big time in the NBA.

Fresh
11-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Count Miami out of the running for the top seed..

Shaq's out 4-6 weeks, and by the time he's back, we'll probably be 5 games under .500 or even lower. We won't have enough time to make up ground to get into the race for the top seed by then.

nyjunc
11-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Miami doesn't need home court, as long as Shaq and Wade are healthy come playoff time they'll be ok.

Buddwalk
11-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Count Miami out of the running for the top seed..

Shaq's out 4-6 weeks, and by the time he's back, we'll probably be 5 games under .500 or even lower. We won't have enough time to make up ground to get into the race for the top seed by then.

hmm...funny how much of a difference shaq makes to this heat team, maybe i was right afterall...go figure :rolleyes:

MARINO1384
11-18-2006, 11:16 AM
hmm...funny how much of a difference shaq makes to this heat team, maybe i was right afterall...go figure :rolleyes:

of course he's going to make a big difference....anyone who's 7'3 320 powerhouse presence is going to make a difference

Buddwalk
11-18-2006, 11:51 AM
of course he's going to make a big difference....anyone who's 7'3 320 powerhouse presence is going to make a difference
7''1 :wink: :wink: :wink:

MARINO1384
11-18-2006, 12:13 PM
7''1 :wink: :wink: :wink:

w/e lol point is he's hugeeeee sooo he's a force to deal with so of course he's going to make a huge difference when he's gone

UCFinfan86
11-18-2006, 02:24 PM

to bad if it was Wade that was out 4-6 weeks, we'd be in more trouble

FIN-IN-RI
12-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Cetral division the class of the Eastern COnference.. lol

King Felix
01-07-2007, 02:36 AM

btw telfair for roy...what a traderatliff out for season...:lol:

and telfair is benched...:lol:

DolphinDevil28
01-07-2007, 02:53 AM
Frustrated Webber wants out of Philadelphia

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/apmegasports/200611081951715141995-pf.widec.jpg (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15629635/displaymode/1176/rstry/15755921/)

Chris Webber, frustrated after working his way back from a knee injury (http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=77&k=knee%20injury) only to see his role reduced, wants to be traded by the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report in the Sacramento Bee.

"I'm not going to keep playing like this," Webber told the Bee on Wednesday after scoring six points in 23 minutes in Philadelphia's 96-90 win at Seattle.
He told the paper that he has already made his feelings clear to 76ers management.

"I don't like this role," he said. "So, you can take that however you want."

Webber, a five-time All-Star who has also played for Golden State, Washington and Sacramento, is averaging just over 30 minutes a game, well below his career average of 38.

According to the Bee, Webber said during training camp that he was in his best shape since the surgery. He did shoot only 37 percent, however, in the 76ers' first seven games.

76ers coach Maurice Cheeks said he wouldn't put one player above the good of his team.

"I'm sure (he's frustrated)," Cheeks told the Bee. "But this is a team game and we're trying to treat it as such. We're not trying to put a lot of individual things on what we're trying to do. I certainly understand it's hard. It's a difficult situation. But we're trying to do this as a team and not break it down."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15755921/

My Magic sure wouldn't mind another scoring big man.

But I think Webber is too old and injured to be traded for anything good.

I might trade Hedo Turkoglu for him. Key word: Might.

Because Trevor Ariza is sure proving to be the best small forward on Orlando so far.

Nappy Roots
01-07-2007, 02:55 AM
My Magic sure wouldn't mind another scoring big man.

But I think Webber is too old and injured to be traded for anything good.

I might trade Hedo Turkoglu for him. Key word: Might.

Because Trevor Ariza is sure proving to be the best small forward on Orlando so far.

esh, no thanks. Webber is horrible. i dont want him anywhere near the magic.