PDA

View Full Version : **Official NCAA College Basketball Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3

LouPhinFan
11-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Ok here it is. I'm not a fan of the NBA. Its barely basketball. They dribble a basketball and shoot it into a hoop, that as close as they get. The real game is in college. I played high school ball and know alot about the sport, much more than I know about football.

I am of course a Louisville fan. I was at their exhibition game tonight and saw a ton of potential. They are a sleeper team in the Big East. Mark my words, Derrick Caracter will be freshman of the year in the Big East. I'm a Duke fan too. They should be fun to watch.

Go ahead, discuss all things NCAA basketball. I know there's some Gator fans on here that want to put in their 2 cents worth!!:D

Buddwalk
11-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Ok here it is. I'm not a fan of the NBA. Its barely basketball. They dribble a basketball and shoot it into a hoop, that as close as they get. The real game is in college. I played high school ball and know alot about the sport, much more than I know about football.

I am of course a Louisville fan. I was at their exhibition game tonight and saw a ton of potential. They are a sleeper team in the Big East. Mark my words, Derrick Caracter will be freshman of the year in the Big East. I'm a Duke fan too. They should be fun to watch.

Go ahead, discuss all things NCAA basketball. I know there's some Gator fans on here that want to put in their 2 cents worth!!:D

doubt caracter will be freshmen of the year with uconn getting Hasheem Thabeet 7''3 270 lbs. of center monster :yes:

MikeO
11-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Freshmen of the year in the Big East

Paul Harris G Syracuse

Reports thus far is he is every bit as good as Carmelo Anthony when he first came to Syracuse.

HysterikiLL
11-02-2006, 04:58 AM
I only watch the NBA to see my favorite former college ballers.

nyjunc
11-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Carolina had their first exhibition game last night, a 110-79 win.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/585800.html

The favorite for NPOY:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/372691-1.jpg

MikeO
11-02-2006, 11:16 AM
yeah the exhibition games are starting. I don't put too much into the scores because these coaches play everybody, and they try out new defenses and run a million offensive sets to see what works and doesn't.

So some of these scores look like they were competitive games almost when in reality they weren't.

Motion
11-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Go Gators!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/01/flmed-1.gif

Buddwalk
11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Freshmen of the year in the Big East

Paul Harris G Syracuse

Reports thus far is he is every bit as good as Carmelo Anthony when he first came to Syracuse.

Hasheem Thabeet - 2007 Big East Freshmen of the Year

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/thabeet_str-1.jpg

Thabeet, a 7-foot-3 specimen from Tanzania, blocked seven shots in the Huskies' first exhibition game. He's still a work in progress on the offensive end but will be a major force in the middle on D.

MikeO
11-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Those oversea guys are always a work in progress. He is good he will be great. But for freshmen of the year........maybe.

I don't think so right now though. Time will tell

Buddwalk
11-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Those oversea guys are always a work in progress. He is good he will be great. But for freshmen of the year........maybe.

I don't think so right now though. Time will tell

guy looks like a monster on defense...think if marcus williams, rudy gay, and josh boone would of all returned...i'd say uconn then would be the favorite for the national title...anyway uconn will be in march madness this year but will be lucky to even reach the sweet 16

nyjunc
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
guy looks like a monster on defense...think if marcus williams, rudy gay, and josh boone would of all returned...i'd say uconn then would be the favorite for the national title...anyway uconn will be in march madness this year but will be lucky to even reach the sweet 16

UConn got 3 years out of those guys, it's hard to complain. Nobody can play the what if game more than Carolina as the heels have lost more talent early to the NBA than anybody. There's no guarantees but i'm pretty confident if players stayed 4 years the heels would have 4-5 more Championships in the last 30 years or so.

Roman529
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
My favorite sport use to be the NBA, but it has really gone downhill since the late 1980's. I still love my Sixers but not like I use to. I think college ball is much more enjoyable. You have the great rivalries like Duke-UNC which make the game fun to watch. The kids play hard because they love the game, not because they are getting paid. There are too many whiney crybaby thugs in the NBA. I look for the Florida Gators to have a big year, but my pick to win it all is Ohio State....they are loaded!!!! They could win it all in football and basketball this year.

LouPhinFan
11-02-2006, 05:19 PM
doubt caracter will be freshmen of the year with uconn getting Hasheem Thabeet 7''3 270 lbs. of center monster :yes:

I've heard about him, but all I can go on is by what I saw last night.

Imagine a 6'8" 275 lbs forward with the agility of a 6'3" guard. Soft touch with his baby hook and of course being 275 hes got a power game. I didn't see him try any jump shots, so I don't know how reliable his 15 foot jumpshot is, but he oozes talent.

CrimsonFin
11-03-2006, 01:27 AM
here's my 2 cents, Bama beat half the final four, and almost beat UCLA. And they're just going to get better. Look for another deep Bama run this year. Florida, and LSU better watch their backs because the Tide going to roll all over them.

305TillIDie
11-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Frank Haith and the Canes should have a tough year..they are a very young team with Hite and Diaz gone to the NBA...PG Harris and Clemente should have big years in scoring for Miami, along with Asbury and King..I just hope for the U to have a fun year and compete at their best with the ACC :yes:

DolphinDevil28
11-03-2006, 03:17 AM
here's my 2 cents, Bama beat half the final four, and almost beat UCLA. And they're just going to get better. Look for another deep Bama run this year. Florida, and LSU better watch their backs because the Tide going to roll all over them.

We'll see.

I'd like to know one player on Bama's team who can guard Glen Davis.

nyjunc
11-03-2006, 05:57 AM
We'll see.

There wasn't one player on any team who could match up w/ Shaq or Tim Duncan in college but zones can collapse on big men and neutralize them. Richard hendrix is a little smaller than Davis but look for him to bust out this year, I like 'Bama. They can be a real threat this year. I think the SEC is finally back after many years of mediocre basketball.

djfresh47
11-04-2006, 01:53 AM
We'll see.

Glen Davis was great and this has nothing to do with 'Bama but the guy with the most to prove in the SEC is Randolph Morris. Morris and Crawford were I believe 5 star recruits and if Tubby Smith is going to keep his job they've gotta come through big time. UK under Smith has been a great regular season team and a huge dissapointment during the tournament. He won a championship with Pitino's guys but has been a dissapointment during the tournament since. I think Smith can coach but if he fails than it'll make for quite an interesting coaching search by UK. At the top of the list I think would have to be Donovan.

Buddwalk
11-04-2006, 01:56 AM
next friday...cant wait :yes:

King Felix
11-04-2006, 10:32 PM
well my 2 favorite teams are beavers and tar heels..........i must say i am very excited for both teams.......beavers have alot more talent this year:yes:

LouPhinFan
11-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Glen Davis was great and this has nothing to do with 'Bama but the guy with the most to prove in the SEC is Randolph Morris. Morris and Crawford were I believe 5 star recruits and if Tubby Smith is going to keep his job they've gotta come through big time. UK under Smith has been a great regular season team and a huge dissapointment during the tournament. He won a championship with Pitino's guys but has been a dissapointment during the tournament since. I think Smith can coach but if he fails than it'll make for quite an interesting coaching search by UK. At the top of the list I think would have to be Donovan.

I don't know why anyone would want that job. Its like being the coach of the Yankees or Notre Dame. You better win or there's going to be an angry mob of fans waiting out side your house to hang you and your family. I'm surprised the residents of Lexington haven't burned Tubby's home to the ground yet. They didn't like him when they hired him and they still don't like him now. Its too bad, because he's a good coach.

Roman529
11-06-2006, 01:17 AM
well my 2 favorite teams are beavers and tar heels..........i must say i am very excited for both teams.......beavers have alot more talent this year:yes:

Your Beavers won't beat my Sun Devils. :wink:

nyjunc
11-06-2006, 06:28 AM
I don't know why anyone would want that job. Its like being the coach of the Yankees or Notre Dame. You better win or there's going to be an angry mob of fans waiting out side your house to hang you and your family. I'm surprised the residents of Lexington haven't burned Tubby's home to the ground yet. They didn't like him when they hired him and they still don't like him now. Its too bad, because he's a good coach.

They have had top 5-10 talent just about every yea and haven't made a FF in nearly a decade. they have valid reasons to be on Tubby and this was after a stretch from '93-'98 where UK made 4 FFs, 3 title games and won 2 titles.

Ferretsquig
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Donovan on Noah:

Don't expect to see Michael Jordan out there right now. There was so much hype around him at the end of the year. He's not Michael Jordan. I had an opportunity to show him the tape of every basket he scored last year. I think it was amazing for him to get a chance to see that he scored a lot of baskets just by hustling and working hard. He's not a great 3-point shooter. He's not a guy that's going to score a variety of different ways. He scored on being a great hustler, a great runner and a highly competitive kid. I've talked to him about not losing that. Sometimes you've got a kid like Joakim Noah coming back to college basketball and people expect to see Magic Johnson, Larry Bird or Michael Jordan. He is nothing remotely close to that. He's a very, very good player who's eager to get better.

Just some impressive honesty. It was a big time risk the kid took in coming back to school. Him and a lot of other players on that squad could really fall in draft ratings if their team isn't as good as is being projected. And there is a real chance that it isn't that good.

I have a feeling one of these "consensous" top three teams is going to take a real tumble. Carolina is so young, Kansas is a mess with injuries and suspension/retraction, and for all its success, Florida wasn't all that great of a team for most of last year.

djfresh47
11-09-2006, 02:12 PM

Tubby has won but it's been in the regular season. UK should be getting some of the top recruits but it really hasn't happened. Rondo/Crawford/Morris were 5-star recruits but it seems that Tubby has not gotten the big names. The last guy I can think of who they had who could take over a game is Ron Mercer. Bogans/Prince/Hayes were all nice but didn't really do that. What happened with Notre Dame under Davie and Willingham has seemingly happened to UK.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Duke fan in the house. I expect this team to be playing it's best ball at the end of the year when the Freshman have more experience and Paulus is back healthy. With that said though I still fully expect Duke to be battling for 2nd in the ACC because it looks like Carilona is head and shoulders above the rest and should run away with the ACC even though it's a tough conference. I just don't think anyone can match Carilona pound for pound and with Duke once again only running 6 or 7 deep again, I expect their lack of depth to be their downfall again!

nyjunc
11-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Duke fan in the house. I expect this team to be playing it's best ball at the end of the year when the Freshman have more experience and Paulus is back healthy. With that said though I still fully expect Duke to be battling for 2nd in the ACC because it looks like Carilona is head and shoulders above the rest and should run away with the ACC even though it's a tough conference. I just don't think anyone can match Carilona pound for pound and with Duke once again only running 6 or 7 deep again, I expect their lack of depth to be their downfall again!

The lack of depth is all K's fault, he has qualit players on the bench(or at least very highly recruited players) but he never plays mroe than 7 guys. His biggest mistake last year was not developing that bench, it's worth giving up a game or 2 in Dec or jan to have a fresher and deeper team come March. this is a big reason duke has been struggling in the Tourney for so many years.

GreenMonster
11-10-2006, 09:24 AM

Like nyjunc said those guys stayed a while.. I was more mad about losing out on Bynum, we could have had a lineup of Williams, Anderson, Gay, Boone, and Bynum last year.. No way we lose the title with Bynum on the team he is a BEAST..

nyjunc
11-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Like nyjunc said those guys stayed a while.. I was more mad about losing out on Bynum, we could have had a lineup of Williams, Anderson, Gay, Boone, and Bynum last year.. No way we lose the title with Bynum on the team he is a BEAST..

And Carolina could have had a team of Felton, McCants, Williams, May AND dwight Howard, JR Smith and JamesOn Curry. That beats any lineup any other team could have put out there.

Ferretsquig
11-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Howard singed a letter of intent to go to Duke. And Curry would never have suited up in Carolina blue.

The ACC goes at least 9 deep this year so I wouldn't be shocked if Duke was 3rd or 4th. BC and FSU have some quality and more importantly experienced players. And Tech has a scary lineup if the frosh come through. I'd be pessimistic if I were a Duke fan. There is a lot that will be heaped on the shoulders of McRoberts offensively and the team has no defensive presence inside. Williams was the heart and soul of that team and was the only reason that pressure defense worked.

But then again coach K seems to do his best when his team has less talent, so it certainly wouldn't be a suprise if they challenged for the ACC title again. Its going to be a great ACC season.

nyjunc
11-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Howard singed a letter of intent to go to Duke. And Curry would never have suited up in Carolina blue.

Howard did not sign a letter of inteent for any school and said he would ahve gone to UNC. he said he would have gone to UNC if he went to College, I saved the link to the article as I had this argument w/ someone a year or 2 ago but now they make you pay for it. If for some reason yuo want to pay fro it the link is below:

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/orlandosentinel/access/922653911.html?dids=922653911:922653911&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Nov+7%2C+2005&author=Brian+Schmitz%2C+Sentinel+Staff+Writer&pub=Orlando+Sentinel&edition=&startpage=C.4&desc=School+still+in+session+

If Curry didn't get arrested he would have been a Tar Heel.

Ferretsquig
11-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I guess noone told him UNC didn't have a scholarship for him then. Of course after Smith declared they did. Rivals had him going to Duke before he went pro, but who knows what would have happened.

KTownsDolphins
11-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Go Clemson Tigers,

That being said it's not looking too promising this year.

nyjunc
11-11-2006, 08:42 AM
I guess noone told him UNC didn't have a scholarship for him then. Of course after Smith declared they did. Rivals had him going to Duke before he went pro, but who knows what would have happened.

The man said he would have gone to UNC so I assume he would have gone there if he went to College. If guys weren't going pro out of HS then I'm sure their recruting strategy would have been different and they would ahve had a scholarship for him.

Majpain
11-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Gators are lucky Ohio St doesnt have a healthy Greg Oden. Though it should be a great game.

MikeO
11-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Syracuse is playing 3 games in 3 days!!

Already beat St.Francis and Penn. UTEP tonight. Should get off to a nice quick 3-0 start

nyjunc
11-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Syracuse is playing 3 games in 3 days!!

Already beat St.Francis and Penn. UTEP tonight. Should get off to a nice quick 3-0 start

As usual Boeheim playing a rough non-conf sched:sidelol:

MikeO
11-12-2006, 12:11 PM
As usual Boeheim playing a rough non-conf sched:sidelol:

Penn made the NCAA Tourney 2 years in a row. That's a tourney team. And UTEP was a 2005 Tourney team. Besides he didn't set this up. It's the black coaches association tournament.

They also have Witcha St (sweet 16 team), Hofstra who got screwed out of the tourney last year. Throw in St.Boniventure and Holy Cross and it's a decent non-conf schedule. Look, when your going to play in the BEST conference in the country and play Villanova twice, UCONN twice, G'town, Marquette, Pittsburgh, and DePaul......they don't need a super tough non-conference schedule to have a good RPI.

LouPhinFan
11-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Penn made the NCAA Tourney 2 years in a row. That's a tourney team. And UTEP was a 2005 Tourney team. Besides he didn't set this up. It's the black coaches association tournament.

They also have Witcha St (sweet 16 team), Hofstra who got screwed out of the tourney last year. Throw in St.Boniventure and Holy Cross and it's a decent non-conf schedule. Look, when your going to play in the BEST conference in the country and play Villanova twice, UCONN twice, G'town, Marquette, Pittsburgh, and DePaul......they don't need a super tough non-conference schedule to have a good RPI.

Yeah the Big East will be brutal yet again this year. I don't think it has any national championship caliber teams in it this year, but much better overall from top to bottom than last year. People can knock the football all they want, but the basketball is the best in the country! IMHO of course!

nyjunc
11-13-2006, 07:06 AM

So whoever plays monmouth is playing a tough game b/c Monmouth was a Tourney team last year? And Boeheim knows who he'll play when he commits, or at last potentially who he can play.

They also have Witcha St (sweet 16 team), Hofstra who got screwed out of the tourney last year. Throw in St.Boniventure and Holy Cross and it's a decent non-conf schedule.

Wow! that is brutal, Why doen't carolina schedule those teams, that's much tougher than playing Kentukcy, Ohio State and Arizona:lol:

People assume Hofstra will be ood b/c they beat GM twice last year but they already are 0-1 losing to Charlotte. Wich State had a nice run but they did lose some guys and it won't happen again, St. Bonaventure? Holy Cross? are you serious? then again I think you crowed abaout kentucky and as a non-conf opponents for BE FB teams.

As usual Boeheim scheudls nothing but creampuffs and never leaves NY until January.

Look, when your going to play in the BEST conference in the country

They do not play in the ACC. Oh you mean the best conference ever like last year when the BE, as usual, sent ZERO teams to the FF. As of right now both Conf's have 4 ranked teams but the ACC has 4 LESS teams than the BE so the big, bad BE should have more ranked teams, right?

Regardless of what Conf a team plays in they should schedule tough non-conf games. In most years the ACC is the best conf and Carolina always schedules tough games outside the conf. 2 years ago the ACC was by far the best and Carolina played Kentucky and at Connecticut.

and play Villanova twice, UCONN twice, G'town, Marquette, Pittsburgh, and DePaul

That's just brutal, I've never seen a tougher scheduke:sidelol:

nyjunc
11-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah the Big East will be brutal yet again this year. I don't think it has any national championship caliber teams in it this year, but much better overall from top to bottom than last year. People can knock the football all they want, but the basketball is the best in the country! IMHO of course!

Are you kidding me? We were bing told by the BE how it was possibly the greatest year by a conf ever and STILL the BE could not send a single team to the FF in the weakest season of CBB I have witnessed in my 20-25 years of watching the sport. This year the BE doesn't have close to the depth it had last year and while it was the best reg season conf last year(thanks to ahving 45 teams) it will be back to playing 2nd fiddle to some other conf's.

nyjunc
11-13-2006, 08:18 AM
ACC bottom feeder UVa beat #10 Arizona last night.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Knight's hand to player's face overshadows Tech win

As Bob Knight moved one win closer to catching Dean Smith, his temper flared once again, when he used his hand to push a player's chin during a timeout, as if to make him look the coach in the eye.

With more than 4 minutes to go in Texas Tech's 86-74 victory over Gardner-Webb on Monday night, Red Raiders forward Michael Prince was called for a foul. During the ensuing timeout, Knight approached Prince, and as the player lowered his head, the coach made contact with his chin.

Knight gave a brief statement at the postgame news conference then answered one question before exiting the room. The incident with Prince was never addressed.

It was win No. 871 for Knight, who is five away from passing Adolph Rupp for second place on the all-time list. He needs nine more victories to surpass Smith for the most wins in Division I history.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/11/14/knight.ap/index.html

nyjunc
11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Knight was a great coach but he's always been nuts. if it was another coach maybe a big deal wouldn't be made of it but w/ his histopry a big deal has to be made of it. The people chasing down Dean's record are not worhty to be w/ Dean. Both Knight and K won alto of games against lower level competion at Army and both have done some bad things unlike the all class true record holder Dean Smith.

Buddwalk
11-14-2006, 05:35 PM
hasheem thabeet debute

5 points 11 rebounds 7 blocks :yes:

byroan
11-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Sacred Heart has some ballers on their team. UNC should put them away easily in the second half. Terry needs to stay out of foul trouble.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Knight was a great coach but he's always been nuts. if it was another coach maybe a big deal wouldn't be made of it but w/ his histopry a big deal has to be made of it. The people chasing down Dean's record are not worhty to be w/ Dean. Both Knight and K won alto of games against lower level competion at Army and both have done some bad things unlike the all class true record holder Dean Smith.

Give me a break, Dean Smith is a choker. What did he go to, 11 Final Four's and only has 2 titles to show for it LMAO. Plus he coached during a time when there wasn't half as many power houses in college b-ball as their our now. Coach K is the best and Carilona fans are going to have to learn to accept that!

By the way, Coach K only had 73 wins at Army so don't tell me that 73 wins out of 754 career wins is winning a lot against lower level competition cause it's not!

byroan
11-14-2006, 11:06 PM
:rofl: Coach K is not the best. Dean Smith still has the most wins.

MikeO
11-15-2006, 12:59 AM
The best coach ever is and was Bobby Knight.

The fact he is a clown and a jerk overshadows it though. Knight has done MORE with LESS than any coach in the history of the sport.

I dont' like the guy but I will give it to him as a coach.

nyjunc
11-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Give me a break, Dean Smith is a choker. What did he go to, 11 Final Four's and only has 2 titles to show for it LMAO. Plus he coached during a time when there wasn't half as many power houses in college b-ball as their our now. Coach K is the best and Carilona fans are going to have to learn to accept that!

By the way, Coach K only had 73 wins at Army so don't tell me that 73 wins out of 754 career wins is winning a lot against lower level competition cause it's not!

73 wins is almost 3 more seasons worth. Dean did it all on the highest level and coahced nearly half his career where just 1 team per conf made the NCAA Tourney and early in his career he ran into the UCLA dynasty numeorus times in FFs.

K only has 1 more title(a sham title in '01) and he's been to 10 FFs, all in an era where you diodn't have to win your conf to get in and up until after the '99 season K neevr lost a player arly. The Heels would have beena title contender in '73 had Bob McAdoo not left early, in '83 the heels made the elite 8- do you think james Worthy could ahve helped out? In '85 the Heels made the elite 8- do you think Michael Jordan could have helped out? in '90 the Heels made the Sweet 16- do you think JR reid could have helped? In '96 & '97 the Heels made the 2nd rd and the FF- do you think Stackhouse and Wallace could have made a difference in '96 & '97 and Mcinnis in '97?

Dean also did it w/ class unlike K. He didn't quit on a team b/c they sucked, he didn't exile a loyal assisstant out of MCBB, he didn't berate players the way K does, he TOLD Jordan to leave early b/c it was in MJ's best interests while K chided guys like William Avery and Dunleavy, Dean didn't use the "name a player team captain" so they come back instead of entering the draft trick like K uses so often. Oh and Dean could develop players, yeah he always got big time talent just like K but K's talent turns to busts alot while Dean developed players and rarely did his recruits become busts unlike K.

Dean was all class and did it when it was more difficult to win. Dean didn't care about the wins record but k is consumed by it which is why he schedules so many creampuffs each year. In the old days K used to schedule a very difficult non-conf sched but he wants the record so bad he doesn't do it anymore. I think that's a major reason why duke always disappoints in the Tourney now.

The fact he is a clown and a jerk overshadows it though. Knight has done MORE with LESS than any coach in the history of the sport.

Knight cannot be in the discussion simply b/c his teams haven't done a thing since the early 90s. If he was still winning at IU when the Neil reed incident happened he never would have been fired. From the early 70s to the last 80s maybe I could agree but factor in the entire carer and he can't touch Dean.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-15-2006, 08:02 PM
:rofl: Coach K is not the best. Dean Smith still has the most wins.

Wins don't matter, National Championships do and Coach K has 3, Dean Smith has 2!

FinsNYanksFan13
11-15-2006, 08:07 PM
73 wins is almost 3 more seasons worth. Dean did it all on the highest level and coahced nearly half his career where just 1 team per conf made the NCAA Tourney and early in his career he ran into the UCLA dynasty numeorus times in FFs.

K only has 1 more title(a sham title in '01) and he's been to 10 FFs, all in an era where you diodn't have to win your conf to get in and up until after the '99 season K neevr lost a player arly. The Heels would have beena title contender in '73 had Bob McAdoo not left early, in '83 the heels made the elite 8- do you think james Worthy could ahve helped out? In '85 the Heels made the elite 8- do you think Michael Jordan could have helped out? in '90 the Heels made the Sweet 16- do you think JR reid could have helped? In '96 & '97 the Heels made the 2nd rd and the FF- do you think Stackhouse and Wallace could have made a difference in '96 & '97 and Mcinnis in '97?

Dean also did it w/ class unlike K. He didn't quit on a team b/c they sucked, he didn't exile a loyal assisstant out of MCBB, he didn't berate players the way K does, he TOLD Jordan to leave early b/c it was in MJ's best interests while K chided guys like William Avery and Dunleavy, Dean didn't use the "name a player team captain" so they come back instead of entering the draft trick like K uses so often. Oh and Dean could develop players, yeah he always got big time talent just like K but K's talent turns to busts alot while Dean developed players and rarely did his recruits become busts unlike K.

Dean was all class and did it when it was more difficult to win. Dean didn't care about the wins record but k is consumed by it which is why he schedules so many creampuffs each year. In the old days K used to schedule a very difficult non-conf sched but he wants the record so bad he doesn't do it anymore. I think that's a major reason why duke always disappoints in the Tourney now.

Knight cannot be in the discussion simply b/c his teams haven't done a thing since the early 90s. If he was still winning at IU when the Neil reed incident happened he never would have been fired. From the early 70s to the last 80s maybe I could agree but factor in the entire carer and he can't touch Dean.

A National Championship is a sham LMAO. Get a clue! How was it more difficult to win back then? Back then you knew definitivly who the best teams in the country were (there was usually 4 to 8). Nowadays their is 4 to 8 teams per conference that have a shot to win the National Championship and 20 times more schools competiting for players. That's why their is no more dynasty's like UCLA's, it's harder to win nowadays with the amount of schools and competition!

As far as players leaving, that's a bunch of crap right there. Your going with a bunch of assumptions and what if's. Your assuming if those players stayed UNC would have won more titles. You don't know they would have won. They might have but they also might not have, it's a two way street!

Coach K and Duke.....3 National Titles

Dean Smith.....2 National Titles!

You can cut that anyway you want but the numbers don't lie, Coach K has more National Titles then Dean and that's just how it is!

UCFinfan86
11-15-2006, 11:05 PM
UCF 1-0 after a win tonite, on there way to a NIT Championship :)

KTownsDolphins
11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Clemson 4-0 to start the year, I know they haven't played anyone good, but wins are wins, I can't wait for the real games to begin in January when we get to the ACC games. Those are so much fun too watch.

LouPhinFan
11-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Clemson 4-0 to start the year, I know they haven't played anyone good, but wins are wins, I can't wait for the real games to begin in January when we get to the ACC games. Those are so much fun too watch.

Agreed. You can't beat conference play, that's when the fun starts!

DolphinDevil28
11-16-2006, 01:30 AM
L S U

King Felix
11-16-2006, 01:44 AM
unc freshman class is sick

byroan
11-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Wins don't matter, National Championships do and Coach K has 3, Dean Smith has 2!

Right. Wins don't mean a thing. :rolleyes2

byroan
11-16-2006, 02:14 AM
How about Kansas losing! Oral Roberts taking care of business.

Motion
11-16-2006, 09:18 AM
How about Kansas losing! Oral Roberts taking care of business.

:yes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6177402

nyjunc
11-16-2006, 09:48 AM
A National Championship is a sham LMAO. Get a clue! How was it more difficult to win back then? Back then you knew definitivly who the best teams in the country were (there was usually 4 to 8). Nowadays their is 4 to 8 teams per conference that have a shot to win the National Championship and 20 times more schools competiting for players. That's why their is no more dynasty's like UCLA's, it's harder to win nowadays with the amount of schools and competition!

As far as players leaving, that's a bunch of crap right there. Your going with a bunch of assumptions and what if's. Your assuming if those players stayed UNC would have won more titles. You don't know they would have won. They might have but they also might not have, it's a two way street!

Coach K and Duke.....3 National Titles

Dean Smith.....2 National Titles!

You can cut that anyway you want but the numbers don't lie, Coach K has more National Titles then Dean and that's just how it is!

It was more difficult to win b/c you had to win your conference to make the NCAAs.

The '01 title was a sham b/c duke ws given that title. usually duke gets the officials in their pocket in ACC play but that year it happened in the Tourney. That FF was a complete sham.

So you don't think McAdoo, Worthy, jordan, Reid, Stackhouse, wallace could have helepd Dean to win another title?

L S U

Now that duke is not a legit title contender and LSU it it will be all LSU we hear from you instead of talking about duke?

nyjunc
11-16-2006, 09:50 AM
unc freshman class is sick

There were alot of freshman mistakes last night but as they get experience it will become harder and harder to beat the Heels and if they commit to defense it will be almost impossible.

Brandan Wright looks like the best as of today, he is unbelievable around the basket on O and D.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-16-2006, 11:36 AM
It was more difficult to win b/c you had to win your conference to make the NCAAs.

The '01 title was a sham b/c duke ws given that title. usually duke gets the officials in their pocket in ACC play but that year it happened in the Tourney. That FF was a complete sham.

So you don't think McAdoo, Worthy, jordan, Reid, Stackhouse, wallace could have helepd Dean to win another title?

Now that duke is not a legit title contender and LSU it it will be all LSU we hear from you instead of talking about duke?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Duke was the best team in college b-ball that year without a shadow of the doubt and pulled the biggest comeback in Final Four history that season hahahaha. That's not sham. That's like me saying the year UNC won against Georgetown was a sham because ON PAPER, Georgetown was a better team and if that dude didn't pass the ball to Worthy (I think it was him), UNC may very well lose that game (probably do). That's more of a sham then the way Duke won it in 01. Sorry to break the news to you but that's the truth!

nyjunc
11-16-2006, 12:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Duke was the best team in college b-ball that year without a shadow of the doubt and pulled the biggest comeback in Final Four history that season hahahaha. That's not sham. That's like me saying the year UNC won against Georgetown was a sham because ON PAPER, Georgetown was a better team and if that dude didn't pass the ball to Worthy (I think it was him), UNC may very well lose that game (probably do). That's more of a sham then the way Duke won it in 01. Sorry to break the news to you but that's the truth!

On paper Georgetown was not paper but that has nothing to do w/ anything. Duke was handed that title in '01- they ddin't deserve to beat MD but officiating slanted that game in their favor then the tile game was a complete joke w/ Arizona clearly playing against duke and their refs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/2001/ncaa_tourney/news/2001/04/02/final_officials_ap/

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/zforum/01/sports_gumbel0402.htm

FinsNYanksFan13
11-16-2006, 12:15 PM
On paper Georgetown was not paper but that has nothing to do w/ anything. Duke was handed that title in '01- they ddin't deserve to beat MD but officiating slanted that game in their favor then the tile game was a complete joke w/ Arizona clearly playing against duke and their refs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/2001/ncaa_tourney/news/2001/04/02/final_officials_ap/

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/zforum/01/sports_gumbel0402.htm

And this is Coach K and Duke's fault because? They just play the game, if the officials screw up, it's on them not Duke. Can't fault Duke for getting the calls, it's not their fault. A sham was Russia's victory over the U.S. years back. What Duke has might be a disgrace to the officiating but it should no way reflect on Duke. By your standards Michael Jordan's titles are a sham!

Roman529
11-16-2006, 02:42 PM
# 3 Kansas lost to Oral Roberts. :sidelol:

LouPhinFan
11-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Michigan State vs. Texas is on tonight at 9 on ESPN2

Should be a good game. I've been wanting to see TX freshman Durant play.

LouPhinFan
11-17-2006, 10:22 AM
That Durant kid is something else. He's unpolished, but athletic as hell. I'd say this is his only year in college.

UCFinfan86
11-18-2006, 11:08 PM
UCF 2-0 after beating Stentson. ON THE ROAD TO NIT!!

Chavez Ravine
11-19-2006, 11:40 AM

Dean Smith, Coach K, Bobby Knight

Why are you arguing about the 2nd best coach in college bball history? We all know #1 is John Wooden!

UCLA back to the Final Four this year

MikeO
11-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Marquette OVER Duke

Middle of the road BIG EAST team just beat a TOP ACCC team on a neutral court by double digits.

nyjunc
11-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Marquette OVER Duke

Middle of the road BIG EAST team just beat a TOP ACCC team on a neutral court by double digits.

Mid of the road ACC team humiliated a mid of the road BE team at the BE's teams home laast week when MD crushed St. John's. Duke will be a good team but they aren't a top team, they are very young and they are ranked way too high at 8- only b/c of the name on their jersey.

Did you notice possibly the BE's best team losing at HOME to Old Dominion(GU lost BADLY at home to ODU). The ACC is definitely better than the BE this year(things are back to normal after a year off- a "great" year for the BE which produced ZERO FF teams as usual).

Ferretsquig
11-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Everyone is going to lose eventually, even the masterful Roy. Duke has some serious issues though. No interior defense and a PG that can't stay in front of anyone. You better hope hes still injured, b/c if that is the real Paulus then we are going to see a lot of Nelson at the point in the second half. On the plus side Nelson looks a lot better than last year, and if McRoberts ever gets to display it, he is one talented player. Unfortunately it seems until one of the frosh steps up hes going to get constantly doubled, and hes not the physical presence that Tyler is.

byroan
11-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Time for UNC to beat up on a ranked team (Gonzaga). :yes:

UCFinfan86
11-22-2006, 10:52 PM
UCF 3-0, on the road to an NIT CHAMPIONSHIP

byroan
11-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Sigh..open mouth and insert foot. Hansbrough isn't doing anything.

LouPhinFan
11-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Wow, Gonzaga is beating UNC like a rented mule right now.

Gonzaga is one of the best coached teams in the country. They have a team full of smart players and are fundamentally sound. They always seem to have good players, no matter who leaves (Morrison or Dikau). Where did this kid Heytvelt come from? I don't remember him last year.

MikeO
11-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Duke and UNC both down in a matter of hours

Two Top 10 teams take it on the chin

GreenMonster
11-23-2006, 03:15 AM
Uconn will slowly creap up the rankings until we play someone good.. We have not 1 junior or senior on the team and we will lose to the better teams.. We have a ton of talent though and the 7-3 Thasbeet insures we will lead the NCAA's in shot blocking for the 6 straight year..

Chavez Ravine
11-23-2006, 03:30 AM
UCLA wins Maui

Zags beat UNC

Not enough love for the West Coast Hoops:D

nyjunc
11-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Sigh..open mouth and insert foot. Hansbrough isn't doing anything.

He wasn't allowed to do anything, we had too many players rushing shots and not getting him touches. Gonzaga's gamepla was obviously to try to keep Tyler from beating them as he was doubled and tripled every time he touched it but the more he touched it the more he could pass to the open man but they rarely got him the ball.

The team so far is looking like I expected last year's team to look. This is a work in progress, they are going to be a top 5 team but they haven't played like one yet. They aren't committed to defense and the shot selection has been very poor PLUS they can't shoot FTs and they missed a million wide open 3's.

nyjunc
11-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Duke and UNC both down in a matter of hours

Two Top 10 teams take it on the chin

At least they lost to ranked teams unlike Georgetown who was beaten badly at home by ODU.

MikeO
11-23-2006, 01:07 PM
At least they lost to ranked teams unlike Georgetown who was beaten badly at home by ODU.

Who brought up the Big East??? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

My god, I just brought up that 2 top 10 ACC teams both lost in a timespan of about 48 hours!!

My god.........so sensative

FinsNYanksFan13
11-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Who cares about meaningless losses in November. I mean honestly, who cares. Some years the Big East is better, some years the ACC is. That's the way it is!

finswin56
11-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I really enjoyed the UNC/Gonzaga game and the UCLA/GT game. I thought both games had some nice basketball being played. I was especially impressed with how well the teams were shooting. It's very early in the year, and the losses don't mean much, but both games were very entertaining.

nyjunc
11-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Who brought up the Big East??? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

My god, I just brought up that 2 top 10 ACC teams both lost in a timespan of about 48 hours!!

My god.........so sensative

I know you Mike, you were claiming how the BE was the best conf in the Country a couple of weeks ago when they have struggled mightily early on.

Who cares about meaningless losses in November. I mean honestly, who cares. Some years the Big East is better, some years the ACC is. That's the way it is!

To be fair MOST years the ACC is better and in the long run Carolina's loss could be good(just like Santa Clara 2 years ago) but it still sucks to lose.

I really enjoyed the UNC/Gonzaga game and the UCLA/GT game. I thought both games had some nice basketball being played. I was especially impressed with how well the teams were shooting. It's very early in the year, and the losses don't mean much, but both games were very entertaining.

I didn't see much of the Tech/UCLA game but while Gonzaga was shooting lights out the heels really struggled especially from 3. The Heels had a million wide open looks w/ good 3P shooters shooting and they missed. The heels shot 6 of 27 from 3(.222) and only 37% from the field. Gonzaga deserves credit defensively for inside the arc but the heels had a ton of open looks beyond it.

finswin56
11-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Wow, they're begging to be ranked. First they upset Tennesse, and now they're having their way with the same Gonzaga that beat UNC yesterday. Wow

nyjunc
11-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Wow, they're begging to be ranked. First they upset Tennesse, and now they're having their way with the same Gonzaga that beat UNC yesterday. Wow

Butler will definitely be ranked come Monday.

UCFinfan86
11-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Ucf 5-0!!!!

nyjunc
11-28-2006, 07:27 AM
The annual ACC/Big 10 (no)Challenge began last night w/ NC State beating Michigan 74-67.

LouPhinFan
11-30-2006, 08:51 PM
The annual ACC/Big 10 (no)Challenge began last night w/ NC State beating Michigan 74-67.

So far it hasn't been much of a challenge for the ACC. The Big Ten has been down the past few years. After an ok season last year, it looks like the ACC is the best conference in college basketball again.

GreenMonster
11-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Guys Uconn won't win the title this year.. But our team is young ala UNC and next year they will be ready to go next year assuming nobody goes pro early, steals a bunch of laptops, or generally decides that winning the title is not important.

Roman529
11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
The Air Force Falcons are 7-1 and whupped Wake Forrest last night....they are gonna surprise a lot of people.

305TillIDie
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
The U just knocked off GT Yellow jackets

big big ACC win :woot:

nyjunc
12-04-2006, 07:09 AM
The ACC is alternating good and bad wins, yesterday FSU beat Florida and Maryland lost to Notre Dame.

MikeO
12-04-2006, 10:59 AM
The ACC is alternating good and bad wins, yesterday FSU beat Florida and Maryland lost to Notre Dame.

Same in the Big East

Saturday DePaul beats Kansas. Then Syracuse loses to Wichita St.

This looks to be a down year in the Big East. A lot of very young teams.

nyjunc
12-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Same in the Big East

Saturday DePaul beats Kansas. Then Syracuse loses to Wichita St.

This looks to be a down year in the Big East. A lot of very young teams.

Do you think pitt is as good as their ranking? I am not impressed at all by them but, they are beating creampuffs but struggling to do so.

LouPhinFan
12-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Louisville vs. Arizona tonight at 9:30.

U of L freshman Derrick Caracter premiers tonight. It should be interesting.

MikeO
12-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Do you think pitt is as good as their ranking? I am not impressed at all by them but, they are beating creampuffs but struggling to do so.

They might be the best team in the conference though. I think they are rated correctly.

I think Marquette is for real. I think Syracuse with 3 seniors if they get their act together could be for real. And G'Town could be for real.

This is a conference with a lot of young team and players though that is about a year away from being really really good.

nyjunc
12-06-2006, 08:19 AM
They might be the best team in the conference though. I think they are rated correctly.

I think Marquette is for real. I think Syracuse with 3 seniors if they get their act together could be for real. And G'Town could be for real.

This is a conference with a lot of young team and players though that is about a year away from being really really good.

Pitt always struggles in the Tourney and this year they have played a cake schedule and struggled against it. I will never believe Pitt is for real untl they make a an elite 8 or FF.

Syracuse had their 2nd test last nigth and failed again. They are great against creampuffs but once they play a halfway decent team they lose. They have a great class coming in next year, they are a year or 2 away from being a serious threat.

Marquette lost to North Dakota State.

I don't expect the BE to ever go through a decade long malaise like they did from the late 80s to the late 90s so they will definitely be back w/in a year or 2 but this year it's been a big struggle so far.

Louisville vs. Arizona tonight at 9:30.

U of L freshman Derrick Caracter premiers tonight. It should be interesting.

Arizona won, caracter barely played and was 3 of 8 from the field finishing w/ 6 pts.

Dors156
12-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Kansas Jayhawks all the way:woot:

DonShula84
12-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Big win by ND over Alabama :woot: Back to back wins over ranked teams :)

nyjunc
12-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Kansas Jayhawks all the way:woot:

They need to work on getting out of the 1st rd before they worry about going all the way:D

MarinoEqualsGod
12-08-2006, 02:33 PM
So far it hasn't been much of a challenge for the ACC. The Big Ten has been down the past few years. After an ok season last year, it looks like the ACC is the best conference in college basketball again.

Big Ten wasn't down last year...they put like 6 teams in the tournament. This year's a different story though. They'll be lucky to get 3 teams in, the way the mid-majors are playing. How bout Witchita State and Butler...WOW

nyjunc
12-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Big Ten wasn't down last year...they put like 6 teams in the tournament. This year's a different story though. They'll be lucky to get 3 teams in, the way the mid-majors are playing. How bout Witchita State and Butler...WOW

2 years ago they sent 3 to the elite 8 and 2 to the FF. carolina had to win the Big ten to win the Nat'l Title:D

Pitt struggles again against Buffalo winning by 3 and they stay at #2 while 1 loss teams that have played tough scheds and beaten top teams are behind them. Thankfully this isn't CFB and they determine a Champ on the court.

KTownsDolphins
01-08-2007, 11:38 PM
ACC baby,

go CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last team to remain unbeaten and #14 in the AP poll.

Return to March Madness here we come.

WestCKoastiN
01-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Go Duke!! BLUE DEVILS BABY!

nyjunc
01-09-2007, 06:05 AM
Go Duke!! BLUE DEVILS BABY!

duke is terrible this year, they fattenrd up their rcord ona weak non-conf sched but they are not good, not top 10 good like they were a week ago. They are more like a top 20-25 team this year but they have no shot at the Heels or a deep Tourney run.

Clemson is proving they vould be for real w/ that win over Georgia then the W over GT.

KTownsDolphins
01-09-2007, 03:21 PM
duke is terrible this year, they fattenrd up their rcord ona weak non-conf sched but they are not good, not top 10 good like they were a week ago. They are more like a top 20-25 team this year but they have no shot at the Heels or a deep Tourney run.

Clemson is proving they vould be for real w/ that win over Georgia then the W over GT.

Not too mention the win in Florida against Florida State. Big test for clemson this weekend as they play Maryland followed by UNC at home.

The ACC is just killer, so many good schools for basketball

FinsNYanksFan13
01-25-2007, 10:26 PM
What a win for Duke tonight. They had that game blown and came through. I was shocked as hell that McClure made the winning basket. He's been horrible but came through big time and tonight was a big win!

UCFinfan86
01-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Do you guys think UCF has a chance to get a bid??

They have a record of 14-5 (3-2), They have a low RPI though of only around 130ish. They only play one ranked opponent which is Memphis this coming wednesday(i figure if they beat them(which is unlikely) they can get a bid). I don't know much about the brackets because my other team (Uconn) never has to worry about it until this year.

KTownsDolphins
01-26-2007, 03:01 AM
What a win for Duke tonight. They had that game blown and came through. I was shocked as hell that McClure made the winning basket. He's been horrible but came through big time and tonight was a big win!

Once again home town clock keeping kept the game intact for Duke, As ESPN put it there should have been 2.4 seconds left not 4.4 seconds. They would have not been able to run the same play they did.

I'm proud of Clemson all though they didn't get the W, where it counts, they need ot feel good about themselves, they came back to tie it after being 11 down and only lost because of terrible officiating on the clock review.

Tigers will crush PUKE @ littlejohn if they play like they did tonight.

Roman529
01-26-2007, 11:22 PM
ACC baby,

go CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last team to remain unbeaten and #14 in the AP poll.

Return to March Madness here we come.

Did any of you watch the refs steal Clemson's sure victory over Duke? The refs didn't take enough time off the clock, giving Duke four seconds to go down the court for a game winning layup. There should have only been a little over two seconds on the clock when Duke got the ball. I think there is an NCAA conspiracy giving Duke all the calls, and close games. :shakeno:

FinsNYanksFan13
01-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Once again home town clock keeping kept the game intact for Duke, As ESPN put it there should have been 2.4 seconds left not 4.4 seconds. They would have not been able to run the same play they did.

I'm proud of Clemson all though they didn't get the W, where it counts, they need ot feel good about themselves, they came back to tie it after being 11 down and only lost because of terrible officiating on the clock review.

Tigers will crush PUKE @ littlejohn if they play like they did tonight.

:boohoo: Stop crying. Some times the clock goes your way, sometimes it doesn't. See ya February 22nd at your place!

FinsNYanksFan13
01-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Did any of you watch the refs steal Clemson's sure victory over Duke? The refs didn't take enough time off the clock, giving Duke four seconds to go down the court for a game winning layup. There should have only been a little over two seconds on the clock when Duke got the ball. I think there is an NCAA conspiracy giving Duke all the calls, and close games. :shakeno:

When your school has a history of being that good, you get the calls. And how can you say the refs stole a win from Clemson? The game was tied and headed for overtime, so how did the refs steal a win?

MikeO
01-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Clemson still could have stopped Duke. It was only 4 seconds!

KTownsDolphins
01-27-2007, 02:36 AM
I agree Clemson didn't get the calls, I just hope the polls don't look at this game as loss against Duke in there house. This loss shouldn't hurt there hopes for a march bid.

Thats all I want out of this season, it's been too long for the Tigers. Clemson has a very good shot of running the table the rest of the season. That being said the ACC is just a killer conference, if you take a night off you are screwed.

KTownsDolphins
01-27-2007, 02:37 AM
:boohoo: Stop crying. Some times the clock goes your way, sometimes it doesn't. See ya February 22nd at your place!

I'm not crying by the way, I was just stating clearly the obvious any moron could tell it takes more than 0.6 to catch and shoot a 3 and go in. Obviously the officials didn't

I said I was proud of the way Clemson battled back in Dukes house and almost stole the game.

KTownsDolphins
01-27-2007, 02:38 AM
Clemson still could have stopped Duke. It was only 4 seconds!

Still your plays are limited to almost catch and shoot with 2 seconds compared to 4 seconds.

But I agree Clemson should have stopped them.

nyjunc
01-27-2007, 11:35 AM

It helped getting an extra 2 seconds but they ran a great play to win it.

The clock and offocitiating in general tends to go more towards duke's way.

it's becoming an annual tradition for the ACC to have to apologize for an error made in duke's favor to help them win.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9956543

nyjunc
01-27-2007, 11:47 AM
The best team by far in the ACC heads to Tucson to take on the team K was afraid to schedule, Arizona. This is a huge game for Arizona, they are defending the pride of West Coast basketball today so this will not be an easy game for the young Heels.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-27-2007, 02:27 PM
The best team by far in the ACC heads to Tucson to take on the team K was afraid to schedule, Arizona. This is a huge game for Arizona, they are defending the pride of West Coast basketball today so this will not be an easy game for the young Heels.

Oh please, don't act like you ladies are world beaters. You beat Ohio St. without Oden), Tennesee (who have 6 losses), Kentucky (not the Kentucky of the past), and play Arizona today (who have 5 losses themselves). On paper that might be nice but in reality, that's average. Now is your non-conference schedule better then Duke's? Yes it is, but let's not act like you guys have played Florida, Wisconsin, UCLA, Kansas!

King Felix
01-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh please, don't act like you ladies are world beaters. You beat Ohio St. without Oden), Tennesee (who have 6 losses), Kentucky (not the Kentucky of the past), and play Arizona today (who have 5 losses themselves). On paper that might be nice but in reality, that's average. Now is your non-conference schedule better then Duke's? Yes it is, but let's not act like you guys have played Florida, Wisconsin, UCLA, Kansas!43 to 25 at half

what were you saying?

nyjunc
01-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh please, don't act like you ladies are world beaters. You beat Ohio St. without Oden), Tennesee (who have 6 losses), Kentucky (not the Kentucky of the past), and play Arizona today (who have 5 losses themselves). On paper that might be nice but in reality, that's average. Now is your non-conference schedule better then Duke's? Yes it is, but let's not act like you guys have played Florida, Wisconsin, UCLA, Kansas!

Who has duke beaten?

OSU w/oO den was playing bettert han they have with him. Carolina's non-conf sched blows away duke's. today w/ot maybe our best player and 3 key players we are crushing top 20 Arizona at Tucson at the half. carolina is head and shoulders above duke, not a single duke starter would start at Carolina this year.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Unlike you, I tell it like it is!

Coach K 3 National Championships (with lesser talent then Carilona has had)

Dean Smith 2!

King Felix
01-27-2007, 03:20 PM

Dean Smith 2!hahahhahahahhahahahahhaha thats when you know you got lost when you have to bring up a coach who isnt even coaching the team anymore

FinsNYanksFan13
01-27-2007, 03:23 PM
hahahhahahahhahahahahhaha thats when you know you got lost when you have to bring up a coach who isnt even coaching the team anymore

Losing what? I never said Carilona wasn't better then Duke, all I did was state that their non-conference schedule wasn't as great as Junc had made it. By the way, if you know anything about Junc and I going at it on the Carilona-Duke rivalry, you would know that the Coach K vs. Dean Smith argument has been at the center of our arguments. Nice try though young'n, who was even talking to you in this convo anyways?

King Felix
01-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Losing what? I never said Carilona wasn't better then Duke, all I did was state that their non-conference schedule wasn't as great as Junc had made it. By the way, if you know anything about Junc and I going at it on the Carilona-Duke rivalry, you would know that the Coach K vs. Dean Smith argument has been at the center of our arguments. Nice try though young'n, who was even talking to you in this convo anyways?losing the argument about this season, north carolin has had a way harder non-conference than duke......and what i cant talk??? ok dad, should i go to my room and think about what i said?

FinsNYanksFan13
01-27-2007, 03:38 PM
losing the argument about this season......and what i cant talk??? ok dad

Wait I'm losing an argument about this season when I said in my first post in this thread that Carilona is head shoulders above the rest of the ACC this year? All I did was state that while UNC's non-conference schedule is better then Duke's, let's not act as if no one has ever taken on that kind of schedule before!

Beat Tennesee who has lost to Lousiana Layafette, Auburn, and Ole Miss

Beat Ohio St. without Greg Oden (as good as Hansborough is, he's not putting up 21 and 14 with Oden on him)

Beat Kentucky who is on the downside and has lost to their last 2 games to Vanderbilt and Georgia

and Beat Arizona today who is top 25 calibar so I won't dis their record.

That is a solid non-conference schedule on paper I will give you that but as someone who follows College B-ball from November to April, aside from Ohio St. none of those teams will compete to go all the way!

nyjunc
01-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Dean Smith 2!

Dean spent half his career where only 1 team made the Tourney from each conference and he wasn't handed a title b/c of biased officiating like rat face was in 2001.

Losing what? I never said Carilona wasn't better then Duke, all I did was state that their non-conference schedule wasn't as great as Junc had made it. By the way, if you know anything about Junc and I going at it on the Carilona-Duke rivalry, you would know that the Coach K vs. Dean Smith argument has been at the center of our arguments. Nice try though young'n, who was even talking to you in this convo anyways?

Carolina's non-conf sched, as usual, has been MUCH tougher than duke.

Beat Tennesee who has lost to Lousiana Layafette, Auburn, and Ole Miss

When did UT lose to la-Lafayette? They have 6 losses- butler, UNC, Vandy, OSU, Auburn and Ole Miss. Not a bad team on that list and they have beaten memphis, Texas and Oklahoma State.

Beat Ohio St. without Greg Oden (as good as Hansborough is, he's not putting up 21 and 14 with Oden on him)

OSU was playing BETTER w/o Oden and they kept that game clsoe b/c of amazing 3 point shooting, w/ Oden they wouldn't have shot as many 3's and we have FOUR qualioty big men to attack Oden.

Beat Kentucky who is on the downside and has lost to their last 2 games to Vanderbilt and Georgia

UK was ranked until this week.

and Beat Arizona today who is top 25 calibar so I won't dis their record.

abusing Arizona at Tucson w/o 3 of our key players.

That is a solid non-conference schedule on paper I will give you that but as someone who follows College B-ball from November to April, aside from Ohio St. none of those teams will compete to go all the way!

How many top teams do you want them to play? duke's only ranked win was over Air Force. They haven't played 1 FF caliber team yet this year.

MikeO
01-27-2007, 03:55 PM
The regular season in college hoops means nothing.

Conference tourney still means something

Big Dance means more

Everything else is just filler for most of the "big name teams" these days.

nyjunc
01-27-2007, 03:57 PM
The regular season in college hoops means nothing.

Conference tourney still means something

Big Dance means more

Everything else is just filler for most of the "big name teams" these days.

it's still better than CFB b/c we get to see so many more great matchups during the reg season.

Conf tourneys are meaningless for big teams, they help bubble teams but it doesn't really affect the top teams if they lose.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Dean spent half his career where only 1 team made the Tourney from each conference and he wasn't handed a title b/c of biased officiating like rat face was in 2001.

Carolina's non-conf sched, as usual, has been MUCH tougher than duke.

When did UT lose to la-Lafayette? They have 6 losses- butler, UNC, Vandy, OSU, Auburn and Ole Miss. Not a bad team on that list and they have beaten memphis, Texas and Oklahoma State.

OSU was playing BETTER w/o Oden and they kept that game clsoe b/c of amazing 3 point shooting, w/ Oden they wouldn't have shot as many 3's and we have FOUR qualioty big men to attack Oden.

UK was ranked until this week.

abusing Arizona at Tucson w/o 3 of our key players.

How many top teams do you want them to play? duke's only ranked win was over Air Force. They haven't played 1 FF caliber team yet this year.

Your problem is your taking this argument into a Duke-Carilona argument which it isn't. What I'm stating is simple, Carilona's non-conference schedule is not as good as your making it out to be. ON PAPER, it looks great but at the end of the day, a lot of the teams that might have looked good in the pre-season aren't, that's why pre-season polls are worthless. The first poll shouldn't come out until before conference play because before that it's all guesses. If you want to say Kentucky was ranked until a week ago then Duke has played Georgetown when they were ranked, Gonzaga when they were ranked, Marquette when they were ranked, and Indiana's ranked now, Air Force is too. Does that mean Duke has beaten that many teams that actually deserved those rankings, hell no. What your looking at is the quality of the name of the teams jersey Carilona has played and their ranking. Me, I look at a team in terms of what talent a team has, and if they actually have a chance to win their conference and a National Championship. Aside from Ohio St., who have you guys seen that are that good? That's my point. My point isn't that Duke has seen better ( because they haven't and my point has nothing to do with Duke), it's that let's no tout Carilona's non-conference schedule like they took on the world. Although I agree 100 percent that when you beat the third best team in the Pac 10 at their place like you guys did today your one of the top 5 teams in the country (and were before the win), all I'm arguing is that Carilona's non-conference schedule is more sexy then it is good. And sorry JUNC, you can spin it anyway you want but if Ohio St. had the Oden they have right now, I don't think you guys would have beaten them. They wouldn't have blown you out or anything because you guys are one of the ELITE but I think they would have won because I think Oden would have stabilized Hansborough!

With all that said I will go back to my original thought about Carilona and that is that their going to win the ACC and their a National Champions favorite along with a few other teams. Their one of the top 5 threats for the National Title along with Ohio St, Wisconsin, Florida, and UCLA (in no particular order). I think every team after them (Texas A&M, Duke, Oregon, Kansas, Pitt and whoever else) might have nice records that indicate on paper they are capable of winning it all, but in reality those teams will be exposed by the top tier teams if everything was to go right when they played and we were talking strictly on talent. When it comes to the top 5 teams I mentioned, those teams SHOULD (and probably will) be there in the Elite 8 (all 5 can't got to the Final Four and 1 or 2 will be upset by a lesser talented team) with a chance to play for the Final Four. Anything less is a disappointing season. The rest of the teams in the top 25 with good records, they'll be hit or miss come tournament time, which means they might get hot and do some damage in the tourny or they might be out in the 2nd round. If those teams make it to the Final Four they over-achieveed, if they lose in the 2nd round or sweet 16 that's what was expected of them so no big deal. See I don't hate Carilona so much I'm blinded to say their not one of the best teams in the country. CARILONA IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE ACC AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER, it's just their non-conference schedule appears sexier then it really is!

nyjunc
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Your problem is your taking this argument into a Duke-Carilona argument which it isn't. What I'm stating is simple, Carilona's non-conference schedule is not as good as your making it out to be

show me a tougher one among the top teams.

Aside from Ohio St., who have you guys seen that are that good?

Tennessee and Arizona, all FF caliber teams. Duke has not faced 1 FF caliber team and I'd love to see which of the top teams has faced a tougher sched.

you can spin it anyway you want but if Ohio St. had the Oden they have right now, I don't think you guys would have beaten them.

we absolutely could. We have waves of big men to run at Oden and Carolina is playing ALOT better now than it was a few mos ago. When the Heels bringt heir A game I am not sure anyone can beat them.

By the way, I don't remember making a big deal out of their non-conf sched until you brought it up. regardless of that it is one of the toughest of any top team.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-27-2007, 04:59 PM
show me a tougher one among the top teams.

Tennessee and Arizona, all FF caliber teams. Duke has not faced 1 FF caliber team and I'd love to see which of the top teams has faced a tougher sched.

we absolutely could. We have waves of big men to run at Oden and Carolina is playing ALOT better now than it was a few mos ago. When the Heels bringt heir A game I am not sure anyone can beat them.

By the way, I don't remember making a big deal out of their non-conf sched until you brought it up. regardless of that it is one of the toughest of any top team.

OK, let's just agree to disagree. I refuse to argue with someone who says Arizona and Tennessee are Final Four teams :lol: . Arizona is the third best team in their conference, maybe even fourth behind USC. Tennessee, I mean bro, their 2-3 in their conference and just lost by 14 to Ole Miss lol. I gave you Ohio St. (because they are) and I might have given you Kentucky since 3 of their losses were to Memphis, UCLA, and you guys (which means their tested even though they lost those games) and I might have called this recent stretch they had just a tough week but you couldn't even give me that so I'm leaving this alone. Stop looking at the polls and look at the team for once!

MikeO
01-27-2007, 06:34 PM
it's still better than CFB b/c we get to see so many more great matchups during the reg season.

Conf tourneys are meaningless for big teams, they help bubble teams but it doesn't really affect the top teams if they lose.

But the conf tourney pretty much determines the conf champ. Nobody recoginizes the regular season champ as the conf champ. It's whoever wins the tourney. Plus its a fun 3 or 4 days.

nyjunc
01-28-2007, 11:19 AM
OK, let's just agree to disagree. I refuse to argue with someone who says Arizona and Tennessee are Final Four teams :lol: . Arizona is the third best team in their conference, maybe even fourth behind USC. Tennessee, I mean bro, their 2-3 in their conference and just lost by 14 to Ole Miss lol. I gave you Ohio St. (because they are) and I might have given you Kentucky since 3 of their losses were to Memphis, UCLA, and you guys (which means their tested even though they lost those games) and I might have called this recent stretch they had just a tough week but you couldn't even give me that so I'm leaving this alone. Stop looking at the polls and look at the team for once!

I said FF caliber teams, I didn't say they'd make it but they can.

So the 2nd or 3rd best team in a conference cannot go to a FF/ george mason didn't win their crappy conference and thye made the FF.

Have you seen tennessee play? Have you seen Arizona play besides yesterday? have you seen UK play? UK is not a FF caliber team but Arizona and Tennesse have FF talent and definitely can make a run.

But the conf tourney pretty much determines the conf champ. Nobody recoginizes the regular season champ as the conf champ. It's whoever wins the tourney. Plus its a fun 3 or 4 days.

2 years ago carolina was clearly the best team in the ACC, we got picked off in the ACC Tourney but everyone still considered us the best. No one thought SU was the best team in the BE last year even though they won the conf tourney.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-28-2007, 11:32 AM

So the 2nd or 3rd best team in a conference cannot go to a FF/ george mason didn't win their crappy conference and thye made the FF.

Have you seen tennessee play? Have you seen Arizona play besides yesterday? have you seen UK play? UK is not a FF caliber team but Arizona and Tennesse have FF talent and definitely can make a run.

2 years ago carolina was clearly the best team in the ACC, we got picked off in the ACC Tourney but everyone still considered us the best. No one thought SU was the best team in the BE last year even though they won the conf tourney.

HAhahahahahahahaha Tennessee and Arizona are Final Four calibar teams hahahahahaha. I've watched them all play multiple times and UK, Tennessee, and Arizona will be nowhere near the Final Four. Final Four calibar is Ohio St. UNC, Wisconsin, UCLA, and Florida. Tennessee and Arizona are nowhere near there. Once again though nice try. George Mason was a cinderella. When's the last time a team like George Mason made the Final Four? Seriously I am now totally done with this argument. The question isn't whether or not I've seen them play, the question is whether or not you've seen them play because you saying their Final Four calibar just goes to show you know nothing about what your talking about. I'm letting this go though. Say whatever you want, I'm done with you when you make statements like that. Could Arizona and Tennessee make a run? Maybe. But you pretending like their Final Four calibar is a joke, if they get there, it's because they got hot and lucky, not because their that good. Anyways time to move my focus to Duke vs. BC. We might not be Final Four calibar but I'm rooting my boys on ti'll the cows come home!

nyjunc
01-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Final Four calibar is Ohio St. UNC, Wisconsin, UCLA, and Florida.

Those are elite teams that it will be a disappointment if they don't make a FF, teams like UA and UT are FF caliber. They have the talent, they have played liked a FF team at times this season and have played nothing like a FF team at times but both could make a run.

In case you have never noticed the top seeds don't always make it, knowing you are a duke fan I assumed you knew that since duke is usually a top seed and usually goes out in the Sweet 16.

George Mason was a cinderella. When's the last time a team like George Mason made the Final Four?

Florida was a 3 seed last year, LSU was a 4. In '05 MSU was a 5, UL was a 4. Every year 4. Last year Arizona was an 8 and gave top seeded 'Nova all they could handle and UA is much more talented this year. Last year UT was a 2 seed and they are better this year. To say these teams couldn't make FFs is crazy.

I bet you think duke is FF caliber? UA and UT are better teams than duke.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-28-2007, 05:14 PM

Yeah Tennessee is more of a Final Four team then Kentucky. Kentucky only beat them by 19 today and 3 of their losses are to teams in the top 10!

FinsNYanksFan13
01-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Those are elite teams that it will be a disappointment if they don't make a FF, teams like UA and UT are FF caliber. They have the talent, they have played liked a FF team at times this season and have played nothing like a FF team at times but both could make a run.

In case you have never noticed the top seeds don't always make it, knowing you are a duke fan I assumed you knew that since duke is usually a top seed and usually goes out in the Sweet 16.

Florida was a 3 seed last year, LSU was a 4. In '05 MSU was a 5, UL was a 4. Every year 4. Last year Arizona was an 8 and gave top seeded 'Nova all they could handle and UA is much more talented this year. Last year UT was a 2 seed and they are better this year. To say these teams couldn't make FFs is crazy.

I bet you think duke is FF caliber? UA and UT are better teams than duke.

Beats losing to George Mason in the 2nd round!

nyjunc
01-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah Tennessee is more of a Final Four team then Kentucky. Kentucky only beat them by 19 today and 3 of their losses are to teams in the top 10!

Anything can happen in one game. The heels lost to SANTA CLARA 2 years ago and would only lose 3 more en route to the title.

That UK win only helps our non-conf win over UK but I still don't see a FF caliber team when I watch UK.

Beats losing to George Mason in the 2nd round!

it does? We WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP them lost 4 lottery picks early and our top 7. To even be in the Tourney was amazing and spanking duke on senior night for the overrated JJ Redick(how is that HOF NBA career going anyway?) was pretty good. Since 1995 duke has not made it past the Sweet 16 in 8 of 12 years and they didn't make the elite 8 as a 1 seed in 2000, 2002, 2005 and 2006. That is pathetic.

By the way, the Heels fell to rock bottm for a couple of years after a shaky transition from Dean to Roy and STILL we have been to more Elite 8s and FFs in the last 12 years.

Rocky Raccoon
01-30-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't usually follow NCAA until March madness, but can someone tell me what forwards are expected to enter the NBA draft this year, the top 5 or so. I would really appreciate it.

finswin56
01-30-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't usually follow NCAA until March madness, but can someone tell me what forwards are expected to enter the NBA draft this year, the top 5 or so. I would really appreciate it.
I don't know all of them, but Al Horford and Cory Brewer from UF are bound to go 1st round.
Horford is 6'10", athletic, can shoot mid-range as well as down low, and is a great rebounder. He reminds me a lot of Horace Grant.
Brewer is 6'9", but moves like a 6'2" G. He's extremely fast and athletic, can shoot anywhere including a great 3 ball. His defense is top notch, shutting down just about any guy he faces. He's one of the most difficult match up's in college. Too fast for the F's and too big for the G's. His main problem in the past was his handle, but that his improved significantly this year.

Rocky Raccoon
01-30-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't know all of them, but Al Horford and Cory Brewer from UF are bound to go 1st round.
Horford is 6'10", athletic, can shoot mid-range as well as down low, and is a great rebounder. He reminds me a lot of Horace Grant.
Brewer is 6'9", but moves like a 6'2" G. He's extremely fast and athletic, can shoot anywhere including a great 3 ball. His defense is top notch, shutting down just about any guy he faces. He's one of the most difficult match up's in college. Too fast for the F's and too big for the G's. His main problem in the past was his handle, but that his improved significantly this year.

cool thanks for the info bro. I'll be sure to keep an eye on them.

nyjunc
01-31-2007, 08:28 AM

The site below is decent:

http://nbadraft.net/

MikeO
02-01-2007, 02:04 PM
March can't get here fast enough. This years NCAA regular season has been lackluster to say the least

nyjunc
02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
March can't get here fast enough. This years NCAA regular season has been lackluster to say the least

You are a Syracuse fan and they stink, you are a BE fan and the conf stinks. I can understand why you aren't enjoying the year. My team is great so I am enjoying it, the ACC is down but my team is dominating.

finswin56
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
You are a Syracuse fan and they stink, you are a BE fan and the conf stinks. I can understand why you aren't enjoying the year. My team is great so I am enjoying it, the ACC is down but my team is dominating.
Yeah, I'm not bored with my team either :D

DonShula84
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM

The BE being down is helping my team so I'm enjoying the regular season more than usual.

KTownsDolphins
02-02-2007, 03:40 PM
My Clemson tigers are dropping down to a bubble team :(

Must win for them this Saturday at GA Tech.

nyjunc
02-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Clemson is still in good shape as long as this streak doesn't get out of hand.

GreenMonster
02-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Uconn with a nice win over the Cuse last night.. Both teams couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but we played good enough defense and hit some clutch 3's.

I thought Paul Harris would be a much better player with the hype he was getting coming in..

I am gonna head to the GaTech-Uconn game at the Ga Dome on Sunday. Tech has been playing much better lately it should be a good game.

Dors156
02-06-2007, 11:42 PM
how bout texas AM the last couple games. Beating Kansas(:nono:) then just demolishing Texas. they are a team that looks like they will go far in March Madness IMO

nyjunc
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
The greatest rivalry in American sports resumes tonight when the Heels travel to Durham to beat up on duke.

byroan
02-07-2007, 09:25 AM
The greatest rivalry in American sports resumes tonight when the Heels travel to Durham to beat up on duke.

:yes:

KTownsDolphins
02-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Clemson back in the win column over Florida State tonight

Hopefully tonights win will propel Clemson to win some more games and vault them back in the top 25 and assure them a spot in March Madness.

Roman529
02-08-2007, 12:08 AM

Tar Heels school Puke again. :lol:

dreday
02-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Anytime Duke loses,Ive won a mental battle.

King Felix
02-08-2007, 12:37 AM
that wasnt even that good of a game played by north carolina, which shows how good they are when duke plays as good as they have all year and north carolina doesnt play there best, yet carolina still wins @ cameron...

btw lawson slashing>>>>>____________________

nyjunc
02-08-2007, 09:38 AM
that wasnt even that good of a game played by north carolina, which shows how good they are when duke plays as good as they have all year and north carolina doesnt play there best, yet carolina still wins @ cameron...

btw lawson slashing>>>>>____________________

I would rate that as a "C" game for Carolina and an "A" game from duke and the heels still found a way to pull it out. They are slumping right now though and I am concerned.

Ferretsquig
02-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Slumping? The heels just beat a Duke team with two freshman that had their coming out party playing the games of their lives. Scheyer and Henderson are going to be great players....they have taken a little longer than Carolina's frosh to blossem but the talent is certainly there. Henderson is the best athlete Duke has had in decades.

It was awesome to see Terry and Wes rally the troops at the end. Terry may have screwed up more times than he succeeded, but the desire was there. He wanted the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Wes had the great pressure defense , the cold three, and was the vocal leader in the huddle. Thats all this team needs...veteren leadership. Noone can beat them if they play with that intensity.

Chavez Ravine
02-08-2007, 02:37 PM
UCLA and USC will have a fantastic rivalry for several years to come!

They've had two great games this year and next year will be even better!

nyjunc
02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Slumping? The heels just beat a Duke team with two freshman that had their coming out party playing the games of their lives. Scheyer and Henderson are going to be great players....they have taken a little longer than Carolina's frosh to blossem but the talent is certainly there. Henderson is the best athlete Duke has had in decades.

It was awesome to see Terry and Wes rally the troops at the end. Terry may have screwed up more times than he succeeded, but the desire was there. He wanted the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Wes had the great pressure defense , the cold three, and was the vocal leader in the huddle. Thats all this team needs...veteren leadership. Noone can beat them if they play with that intensity.

Yes slumping, they played terrible on saturday and almost as bad last night. Duke is not a good team this year, we wore them down but we played very poorly. this is not the same team that was running through teams rom the Clemson game through the Miami game.

Wes, Frasor and ginyard made the difference w/ their D. That;s when the game turned around but we need our stars to play some D. if that happens no one will beat us. I am sure they'll be fine but they ahven't played well the last 2 games but at least they found a way to wion which good teams do even when they aren't on their game.

Ferretsquig
02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Wes, Frasor, and Ginyard are the stars. This team is going to go 10 deep in the tourney and every one of those players will be expected to outplay the starters when they come into the game.

Duke has a very good team. They don't have the abundance of upperclassmen which have populated Duke teams over the last decade.
But their freshman trio is every bit as talented as the more heralded class that came to Carolina. And they are starting to realize that talent. Come tourney time this team will be more of a threat than the one led by Redick and Williams.

nyjunc
02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Wes, Frasor, and Ginyard are the stars. This team is going to go 10 deep in the tourney and every one of those players will be expected to outplay the starters when they come into the game.

Duke has a very good team. They don't have the abundance of upperclassmen which have populated Duke teams over the last decade.
But their freshman trio is every bit as talented as the more heralded class that came to Carolina. And they are starting to realize that talent. Come tourney time this team will be more of a threat than the one led by Redick and Williams.

Their freshman class isn't close top the class that just came to Carolina. excluding William Graves b/c he is redhsirting none of those duke players are as good as Alex Stepheson who I would say is the "worst' of the UNC freshamn. yeah Henderson and scheyer have shown flashes but they don't hold a candle to the big 3. This duke team is NOT a good team, they aren't a bad team either but this is not a team that can make a deep tourney run. they have talent but it's hasn't blossomed yet, I think by next year they'll be back competing for the ACC title but that's not happening this year.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I'll break Duke down for you!

McClure doesn't deserve to be on the floor unless it's for a division 1AA team. The fact he see's time is ashame but with the lack of talent and depth we have, he actually see's a lot of minutes despite the fact he should be stuck somewhere at the end of the bench.

Henderson is going a solid player. Not a star but a guy who will play his role well, especially when Duke gets more talent. He'll be a Nate James type IMO.

Scheyer is going to be a star at Duke by the time he's a senior. He's a bigger Redick and isn't scared to take any shot. Expect big things from him.

Nelson is an all around good player but not great at any one thing (ex. scoring, rebounding, passsing, ect). Unless he has a huge senior season he will be a huge bust at Duke. Coming out of high school, he was heralded and was one of the best players California ever saw. I expected a lot more leadership out of him this year and he hasn't come through.

McRoberts has no touch on his shot and that has hurt this team big time. He's a good rebounder and a good force in the middle but is average offensively and needs to contribute more on that end for this team to win games. Hopefully he works on his touch and can become a player of Hanbrough's calibar on the offensive end.

Paulus is a good PG but his problem is he now thinks he's a scorer when he's far from it. These past couple of games specifically he's been trying JJ Redick shots and seems to be trying to hard to be JJ. The problem is he isn't one third of the shooter/scorer Redick is and has hurt this team with ridiciulous shots. If he sticks to being a point guard and stop being such a mental case, he could be a Chris Duhon type (in college, he won't make the NBA). The jury is still out on him althoug he has taken a step back this year which can be attributed to all the stars Duke lost last year.

Lance Thomas I have no idea what to expect of him. He's got talent but I don't know exactly what kind of role he will take for this team in the future. He obviously isn't a huge scorer but he does seem to have talent as an overall basketball player so I think we'll hear from him on the floor in the future.

Zoubek needs to work on his foot work and get control of his size. Not sure if he can turn into anything more then what he is already but if he works on those things, it will make huge strides to him improving his game.

Pocius is at best a role player of the bench and the rest of the guys will probably be nothing more then benchwarmers.

It's going to be a long year (it has already) at Duke. There at best a tournament team that can win one game in the tourny and then will be sent home. They lack scoring punch and when the team needs a big basket, they have no one to turn too. That was the only difference between Duke and UNC. When UNC needed a basket, they have Lawson, Wright, and Hansbrough to turn to for almost a guranteed bucket. When Duke is that situation, it's hold your breath and hope someone comes through. UNC has guys who can score, Duke doesn't. Duke's got a couple of kids coming in next year that hopefully can help then in that department but for this year their done and it's just a matter of what round they go out in. If they make it to the sweet 16, this season is a success!

Ferretsquig
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow...a Duke fan underrating the team hes a fan of. Never thought I'd see the day. After a decade of dookies thinking their overrated stars were going to lead them to the promised land...

You have no idea what Thomas and Henderson will become, or even Scheyer for that matter. These are freshmen...ie one year removed from high school. Williams went for the polished skills in Ellington and Wright...coach k went for raw athleticism in Henderson and Thomas. I'll admit it is a departure from the norm, but you can't be so hasty to denounce one approach and hail another. Wright will be gone next year while the duke frosh will be anchoring a team with the #1 recruiting class.

If there is one thing every Duke fan should be well aware of, it is the record of teams that have been underrated. Don't for a second think this team has no shot in the tourney or that simply because they have not put up gaudy stats the freshman lack talent. This is a very good squad and it would be a shock if they don't make it to the sweet 16.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Wow...a Duke fan underrating the team hes a fan of. Never thought I'd see the day. After a decade of dookies thinking their overrated stars were going to lead them to the promised land...

You have no idea what Thomas and Henderson will become, or even Scheyer for that matter. These are freshmen...ie one year removed from high school. Williams went for the polished skills in Ellington and Wright...coach k went for raw athleticism in Henderson and Thomas. I'll admit it is a departure from the norm, but you can't be so hasty to denounce one approach and hail another. Wright will be gone next year while the duke frosh will be anchoring a team with the #1 recruiting class.

If there is one thing every Duke fan should be well aware of, it is the record of teams that have been underrated. Don't for a second think this team has no shot in the tourney or that simply because they have not put up gaudy stats the freshman lack talent. This is a very good squad and it would be a shock if they don't make it to the sweet 16.

I have no idea where your going with this post lol. First off I never denounced anyone's approach to recruiting or the players they recruited, I just stated the obvious and the obvious is that UNC's freshman are better then Duke's and can actually score. Actually, I can tell quite a lot about the players Duke has on their roster and just because some of them are freshman doesn't mean your can't assess what their going to be. Will some turn out better then others, no doubt about it but you going on this stupid rant making no sense is funny to me. I never once said Duke's freshman lack talent. I said Henderson is going to be a solid talent, Scheyer is going to be a star, Lance Thomas we don't know what to expect from them, and the others the jury is out on. Where in my post did I say that the freshman lack talent? The fact you say I'm underrating Duke just shows your a joke. As a matter of fact, I rated Duke exactly what they are, a tournament team that will lose in one of the first 2 round. Duke getting to the Sweet 16 IS A SUCCESSFUL SEASON for how they play and the fact that they have no scorer they can look to when they need a big basket. Obviously you don't watch enough college b-ball or you just wanted to disagree with me which is why you made your post. Next year might these Freshman who aren't doing great carry Duke and the # 1 recruiting class back to the top? I have no doubt they will. But this year my friend, Duke is what they are and you can try to argue it anyway you want but your wrong. As I said, I still don't know the point of your post but I think I answered all the thing you said. # 1 Duke is not underrated and no overrated either, they are what they are. The fact you called a team with 5 losses in conference and a team that shows on the court that their not talented enough this year to make noise just goes to show you don't know what your talking about. Sit down and watch a Duke game. If you do, you would know that all my assessments about the players are accurate. Stop talking about what Duke's kids are going to be next year and realize what they are now. By the way, I guess we can't assess what Durant from Texas is going to be being that he's only a Freshman LMAO!

FinsNYanksFan13
02-10-2007, 02:46 PM
By the way, I am a huge Duke fan and am rooting for them to win it all. If I was a betting man however the fact is they are what they are. Doesn't mean I won't root my *** off for them, it just means what I said above, Duke is what they are this year and if they win 2 games in the tournament this year they have done more then what is expected from them by their play!

FLOUNDER
02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Im a huge duke fan also

BUT HOW BOUT THEM MOUNTAINEERS UPSETTING UCLA BY 5???????????????????????????????????????????

Ferretsquig
02-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Actually, I can tell quite a lot about the players Duke has on its roster and just because some of them are freshman doesn't mean you can't assess what they're going to be.

Brutal....analphabetisch damlack.

But you are quite right. I cannot assess what these freshmen are going to be, either a month or a year from now. I didn't see Nelson becoming what he is today as a freshman, or Quentin Thomas undergoing the transformation in a week.

By the way, I guess we can't assess what Durant from Texas is going to be being that he's only a Freshman LMAO!

By all means please do tell me what hes going to be. 30 NBA GMs are dying to know.

Noone knows what an 18 year old kid is going to be. Durant hasn't even physically matured. Who knows, mabey he'll be 7' next year and we'll be talking about the next Garnett.

Ferretsquig
02-10-2007, 04:44 PM
By the way, I am a huge Duke fan and am rooting for them to win it all. If I was a betting man however the fact is they are what they are. Doesn't mean I won't root my *** off for them, it just means what I said above, Duke is what they are this year and if they win 2 games in the tournament this year they have done more then what is expected from them by their play!

No....they will have done more than what you expect of them. I'm happy for you being a Duke fan and all.....but for Duke's sake I sure hope you aren't a graduate. Now that would be depressing.

Roman529
02-10-2007, 10:43 PM
FLORIDA 31
KENTUCKY 21

1ST HALF....ESPN....GOOD GAME. :tongue:

finswin56
02-10-2007, 11:12 PM
FLORIDA 31
KENTUCKY 21

1ST HALF....ESPN....GOOD GAME. :tongue:
Wrong thread :wink:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=167225

nyjunc
02-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I think K not devleoping a bnech last year hurt them last year and is killing them this year. Pocious looked pretty good yesterday, he looks like a guy who can be a very good role player. A hustle player like a Marcus Ginyard type and duke needs a guy like that. Why isn't he playing more? Duke doesn't have 1999 talent but they have talent better then most teams in the Country, I think K has done a poor job this decade in recruiting and coaching. I am evry happy dukle is not good but I expected them to be a lot better simply b/c they do have talent and K is(was?) a great coach.

Ferretsquig
02-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Oops....didn't see that one coming. I don't know what happened to the dookies there.....I guess a serious letdown after giving it all against Carolina and still coming up short. A lousy Maryland squad destroyed that team.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I think K not devleoping a bnech last year hurt them last year and is killing them this year. Pocious looked pretty good yesterday, he looks like a guy who can be a very good role player. A hustle player like a Marcus Ginyard type and duke needs a guy like that. Why isn't he playing more? Duke doesn't have 1999 talent but they have talent better then most teams in the Country, I think K has done a poor job this decade in recruiting and coaching. I am evry happy dukle is not good but I expected them to be a lot better simply b/c they do have talent and K is(was?) a great coach.

Oh God, your ignorance about college b-ball is glaring again. First of all, Duke doesn't need a hustle player, THEY NEED A SCORER GENIUS. If Pocious was as good as your making him out out to be, he would be out on the floor. I mean how can you tell he's so good when we've seen so little of him? I didn't know watching him play 10 minutes against Maryland in a blowout could determine just how good he is going to be LMAO. As far as coach K doing a poor job of recruiting, once again you know nothing. Duke has won a championship and been to a Final Four with 2 different classes this decade. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Plus, how can he be a bad recruiter when Coach K has had so many players go to the league? Here are some names!

Mike Dunleavy
Jason Williams
Daniel Ewing
Carlos Boozer
Luol Deng
JJ Redick
Shavlik Randolph
Chris Duhon
Shelden Williams
Dahntay Jones

The problem is you, like everybody else hold Duke to a higher standard then everyone else. I can't blame you for that, Duke IS the standard for college b-ball. The fact is Coach K is a great recruiter and coach and right now currently has the 3rd best recruiting class coming in according to scout and 8th best according to Rivals (you guys have no players who have signed a LOI). That's without Patrick Patterson, a 5 star recruit who is expected to sign with Duke. You say Duke has talent, but let's not act like right now they have North Carilona talent. North Carilona brought in three 5 star players last year to go along with a solid nucelus they already had from the year before. It's funny how North Carilona can have an expected down year last year because they were to young and lost so many players to the draft but Duke can't when they lost 2 All-Americans and 3 other players who were big contributors to their success. Duke will be fine and will be back to the top of the rankings next year. Your over-dramatizing their demise LMAO. Let me guess, UCONN is finished too and can't recruit just as Wake Forest, Maryland, Texas, Syracuse, Louisville, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan St. Arizona, and a slew of other teams with records worse of just about even with Duke are to LMAO. Duke has had a better decade so far then any other school in the country. A national title, another Final Four appearence, never less then a sweet 16 in every tournament appearence, 4 regular season ACC titles, 6 ACC tournament titles, 3 player of the year honors, and never less then 26 wins this decade is bad coaching/recruiting. Seriously bro, get your head out of your ***!

MikeO
02-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Duke is having a bad year. Nothing more nothing less.

Bottom line is down the road their accademic standards could hurt them the way it hurt ND football. Times are a changin, but you can't knock Duke too much here. Just a bad year. It's gonna happen to everyone!!

FinsNYanksFan13
02-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Duke is having a bad year. Nothing more nothing less.

Bottom line is down the road their accademic standards could hurt them the way it hurt ND football. Times are a changin, but you can't knock Duke too much here. Just a bad year. It's gonna happen to everyone!!

Duke is having a bad year by their standards. 80 percent of schools would give anything to have the "bad year" Duke is having. You know, your a Syracuse fan. Syracuse's record isn't horrible this year but by their standards, their having a bad year!

King Felix
02-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Duke is having a bad year by their standards. 80 percent of schools would give anything to have the "bad year" Duke is having. You know, your a Syracuse fan. Syracuse's record isn't horrible this year but by their standards, their having a bad year!:yeahthat:

nyjunc
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh God, your ignorance about college b-ball is glaring again. First of all, Duke doesn't need a hustle player, THEY NEED A SCORER GENIUS.

Why must you always act like a 12 year old when getting into discussions?

If Pocious was as good as your making him out out to be, he would be out on the floor. I mean how can you tell he's so good when we've seen so little of him?

I said pocious looked good in the limited time I saw him, K doesn't develop his bench and that has killed duke in recent years. Maybe if he did his teams would be better. I saw pocious making a difference against MD, it would be worth it for K to give him more opportunity to play to see what he can do.

I didn't know watching him play 10 minutes against Maryland in a blowout could determine just how good he is going to be LMAO.

I think when he was on the floor they cut the lead down to about 4 or 6 and he was making plays.

As far as coach K doing a poor job of recruiting, once again you know nothing. Duke has won a championship and been to a Final Four with 2 different classes this decade. Pretty damn good if you ask me. Plus, how can he be a bad recruiter when Coach K has had so many players go to the league? Here are some names!

he has more McD's AAs tha ahyone yet every year we hear how he doesn't have enough players. The talent level he has on his team should not be 6-6 in the ACC. He has mroe busts as big time recruits than any other coach, he has talent 95% of caoches would drool over and yet he goes out in the swet 16 as a 1 seed every year.

Mike Dunleavy- below aveerage NBA player.
Jason Williams- bust(b/c of injuries)
Daniel Ewing- below average player
Carlos Boozer- good player, shares K's ethics
Luol Deng- good player
JJ Redick- bust
Shavlik Randolph- below average
Chris Duhon- average
Shelden Williams- average
Dahntay Jones- average

he is not exactly sending good players to the NBA and the only players w/ NBA succes are guys that left him early before he could ruin them further.

Now let's look at thge McD's Busts K has had this decade:

Sean Dockery
Shavlik randolph
Josh McRoberts
DeMarcus Nelson
Greg Paulus
Eric Boateng
Michael Thompson

The problem is you, like everybody else hold Duke to a higher standard then everyone else. I can't blame you for that, Duke IS the standard for college b-ball.

The standard? The standrad is not to reach the sweet 16 as a 1 seed and lose every year. Duke has made it beyond the Sweet 16 just 4 times in1 2 yeras- the standard?:sidelol: People like me get sick of the duke hype machine.

The fact is Coach K is a great recruiter and coach and right now currently has the 3rd best recruiting class coming in according to scout and 8th best according to Rivals (you guys have no players who have signed a LOI).

K is a great coach, he's not a great recruiter or he'd have a better team. He didn't lose any guys to the NBA in recent years yet he has a mediocre team. Carolina lost 4 guys early and our top 7 after our title in '05 and we had a much better team last year than duke has this year.

Duke's classes are always in the top 5. This past year they were 4th and their class looks average so far. In '05 duke was ranked 2nd and that whole class has been a bust(McShav, Paulus, Boateng, Pocious, Boykin). In 2003 your class w/ redick and williams was rated higher than our class that won a National Championship. This is my point, K gets supposedly highly rated players but can't make them better, either they are good when they get there or they are not- he does not develop talent.

That's without Patrick Patterson, a 5 star recruit who is expected to sign with Duke. You say Duke has talent, but let's not act like right now they have North Carilona talent.

I think duke has 7 McD's AAs(at worst it's 6) and Carolina has 6.

It's funny how North Carilona can have an expected down year last year because they were to young and lost so many players to the draft but Duke can't when they lost 2 All-Americans and 3 other players who were big contributors to their success.

Duke lost SENIORS! Carolina lost 4 guys early and their top 7 overall. Duke lost 3 starters, we lost all 5 PLUS our first 2 guys off the bench.

Duke will be fine and will be back to the top of the rankings next year. Your over-dramatizing their demise LMAO. Let me guess, UCONN is finished too and can't recruit just as Wake Forest, Maryland, Texas, Syracuse, Louisville, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan St. Arizona, and a slew of other teams with records worse of just about even with Duke are to LMAO.

Where did I say duke was finished? Did I say they'll never be a top team again? Stop making stuff up.

Duke has had a better decade so far then any other school in the country. A national title, another Final Four appearence, never less then a sweet 16 in every tournament appearence, 4 regular season ACC titles, 6 ACC tournament titles, 3 player of the year honors, and never less then 26 wins this decade is bad coaching/recruiting. Seriously bro, get your head out of your ***!

Carolina has 2 FFs w/ a Nat'l Title, MSU has 3 FF's w/ a Nat'l Title, MD has 2 FFs w/ a Nat'l Title, UF has 2 FF's w/ a Nat'l Title. Don't act like duke has been great. 4 times in 12 years advancing beyond the Sweet 16 and in '00, '02, '05 and '06 they lost as a 1 seed in the Sweet 16.

Duke is having a bad year by their standards. 80 percent of schools would give anything to have the "bad year" Duke is having. You know, your a Syracuse fan. Syracuse's record isn't horrible this year but by their standards, their having a bad year!

Carolina had a "bad year" last year and it was alot better than duke's bad year this year. The last few year's yuo have told us how great duke was and how they would win Champioships and they haven't come close. How's big game JJ doing in the NBA by the way?:sidelol:

UCFinfan86
02-15-2007, 06:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2766880

Durants father saying he might not come out. I think theres no way he goes back to school, i would say oden has a better shot at staying in school over Durant

nyjunc
02-15-2007, 06:31 PM

Durants father saying he might not come out. I think theres no way he goes back to school, i would say oden has a better shot at staying in school over Durant

We hear that stuff every year, I hope they stay but I'll be surprised if they do.

ChambersWI
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Both Durant and Oden love college life, and want to get their degrees.

not saying they won't declare, but their draft stock won't fall.

FinsAreLife
02-15-2007, 06:45 PM

Its funny how everyone was complaining about the new NBA Draft eligability rule but then they get to college and dont want to leave. I think it was a good move by the NBA.

Ferretsquig
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM

Degrees and college life are great things. So is 15 mil guaranteed. Marvin Williams loved it at UNC. He comes back every summer to take classes and live the life. But unless your Noah and your family is already ridiculously wealthy, its impossible to turn down the money. Even Oden is one misplaced foot away from being just another tall guy.

MikeO
02-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Syracuse v UCONN tomorrow. If UCONN doesn't win their all but done.

If Syracuse loses it doesn't help their cause any and they will put themselves behind the 8 ball in a bad way.

Both teams are down and not great, but the outcome of this game is huge for both teams.

nyjunc
02-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Syracuse v UCONN tomorrow. If UCONN doesn't win their all but done.

If Syracuse loses it doesn't help their cause any and they will put themselves behind the 8 ball in a bad way.

Both teams are down and not great, but the outcome of this game is huge for both teams.

All but done? Uconn is already done, the only shot they have at the NCAA Tourney is to win the BE Tourney. This game is bigger for SU b/c if they lose they also will not make the NCAA's w/o winning the BE tourney.

MikeO
02-18-2007, 11:29 AM
It's gonna be weird to see no UCONN in the NCAA tourney this year.

nyjunc
02-18-2007, 03:39 PM
It's gonna be weird to see no UCONN in the NCAA tourney this year.

It will be a little weird but it's only been 6 years ssince they last missed the NCAAs.

ChambersWI
02-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Degrees and college life are great things. So is 15 mil guaranteed. Marvin Williams loved it at UNC. He comes back every summer to take classes and live the life. But unless your Noah and your family is already ridiculously wealthy, its impossible to turn down the money. Even Oden is one misplaced foot away from being just another tall guy.

Marvin also lft because he was a consensus top 2 pick tht year, and his stock would've only gone down had he stayed. Durant and Oden won't see their stock fall as drastically has Marvin would have.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Another win for Duke today after that miserable 4 game stretch. I couldn't be happier I mean, even McClure played well today!

FinsNYanksFan13
02-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Congrats to Coach K for getting his 700th win as Duke coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=270490150

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

nyjunc
02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Ga Tech had 13 more FGA's, shot 13 less 3's yet Duke shot 28 FTs to just 4 for Ga Tech. It's so frustrating watching duke play and nothing ever go against them.

I can't wait to get them again at Chapel Hill.

KTownsDolphins
02-19-2007, 02:43 AM
Clemson is done, no NCAA bid again.

It's going to take winning 3 of the last 4 and at least a couple of wins in the ACC tournament.

I just don't see this happening.

They let the season slip away.

nyjunc
02-19-2007, 09:47 AM

It's going to take winning 3 of the last 4 and at least a couple of wins in the ACC tournament.

It's possible they could win 2 of 4 then they'd have to win a game or 2 in the ACC Tourney. i think if they win 3 of 4 they would be in. They are still alive but it is slipping away. The strength of the conf will help them though as long as they can get back on track the last few games.

Ferretsquig
02-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Marvin also lft because he was a consensus top 2 pick tht year, and his stock would've only gone down had he stayed. Durant and Oden won't see their stock fall as drastically has Marvin would have.

Well thats complete nonsense. The '06 draft stunk and Marvin had a good shot at the #1 overall spot if he had stuck around. Think of the numbers he would of put up on that Carolina squad.

nyjunc
02-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Well thats complete nonsense. The '06 draft stunk and Marvin had a good shot at the #1 overall spot if he had stuck around. Think of the numbers he would of put up on that Carolina squad.

Marvin would have been a top 3 pick in any year he came out.

Did you guys see the latest rankings? only duke could go from unrankd to 17th and 18th in the 2 polls after beating the #21 team and an unranked team:lol: :(

FinsAreLife
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM

It sure would take alot. I wouldnt be shocked if they did make a run at the ACC Tourney title but its getting slim. I look at the ACC in league standings and its not even comparable to the Big East in league standings if you ask me. Even with my favorite team in the Big East i still believe the Big East is the toughest conference.

nyjunc
02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
It sure would take alot. I wouldnt be shocked if they did make a run at the ACC Tourney title but its getting slim. I look at the ACC in league standings and its not even comparable to the Big East in league standings if you ask me. Even with my favorite team in the Big East i still believe the Big East is the toughest conference.

The BE is the toughest conference? Have you watched CBB this year? The BE has a bunch of good teams, no great teams then in the 2nd half of the league it's awful. In the ACC there is 1-2 really bad teams while in the BE there are about 6 PLUS the BE doesn't have a top team like UNC. Outside of UNC and the bottom of the conf they are similar in that it's very competitive but the ACC is definitely better this year as it is in most years.

BAMAPHIN 22
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Michigan State stuns No. 1 Wisconsin

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/02/200702201911690890533pfwidec-1.jpg
Wisconsin's Michael Flowers, right, dives for the ball against Michigan State's Drew Naymick.

Wisconsin's first-ever game as the nation's No. 1 team didn't go as planned.The Badgers (26-3) were stunned by unranked Michigan State on Tuesday. The Spartans used a 7-0 run in the final minutes for a 64-53 win.

The Spartans (20-8) also got a much-needed win to boost their NCAA Tournament hopes. They were led by junior Drew Neitzel's 28 points.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17248880/

MikeO
02-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Mich St fans storming the court!! PLEASE!!!! how stupid. This is a school that won a national title just a few years ago now they are storming the court after a home win vs friggin Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!

FinsNYanksFan13
02-22-2007, 02:08 AM
Mich St fans storming the court!! PLEASE!!!! how stupid. This is a school that won a national title just a few years ago now they are storming the court after a home win vs friggin Wisconsin!!!!!!!!!

I agree, what a joke. This is one of the top 10 programs in the country and a team who has 20 wins this season. I mean if this was Penn St. in the Big 10 I could understand it but Michigan St? The fact that Tom Izzo defended this on Mike and Mike this morning is even a bigger joke. He should know better and Michigan St. is to good of a team to allow their fans to pull a stunt like this!

nyjunc
02-22-2007, 07:00 AM

They are a bubble tourney team, they beat the #1 team in the Country and maybe are in the Tourney now.

I agree, what a joke. This is one of the top 10 programs in the country and a team who has 20 wins this season. I mean if this was Penn St. in the Big 10 I could understand it but Michigan St? The fact that Tom Izzo defended this on Mike and Mike this morning is even a bigger joke. He should know better and Michigan St. is to good of a team to allow their fans to pull a stunt like this!

duke fans stormed the court after a win over Va tech last year.

FinsAreLife
02-22-2007, 11:25 AM
The BE is the toughest conference? Have you watched CBB this year? The BE has a bunch of good teams, no great teams then in the 2nd half of the league it's awful. In the ACC there is 1-2 really bad teams while in the BE there are about 6 PLUS the BE doesn't have a top team like UNC. Outside of UNC and the bottom of the conf they are similar in that it's very competitive but the ACC is definitely better this year as it is in most years.

The ACC (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/confstandings?confID=2)

The Big East (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/confstandings?confID=4)

I dont really trust the ESPN Bracketology because they have Villanova in over Syracuse which only makes sense if you go by the dumb computers. Syracuse has a better conference record, overall record and even beat them head to head. Well anyways, heres the bracketology, the Big East as of right now is projected to have more teams in the tournament than the ACC, although this isnt saying too much.

Current Bracketology (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology)

And also, the Big East doesnt have a standout team like North Carolina beacuase it is more competitive and the teams are more equal. They also have more teams in the top 25. But to tell you the truth, its hard to not pick Pitt and Georgetown as standout teams.

FinsAreLife
02-22-2007, 11:29 AM
If you ask me, the ACC deserves about 6 teams in the Tourney while the Big East deserves around 8....it will end up at 7 though.

I will give you the point that the bottom of the Big East doesnt compare to the Bottom of the ACC but the Big East is also a larger conference, so someone has to suck.

nyjunc
02-22-2007, 01:49 PM
The ACC (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/confstandings?confID=2)

The Big East (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/confstandings?confID=4)

I dont really trust the ESPN Bracketology because they have Villanova in over Syracuse which only makes sense if you go by the dumb computers. Syracuse has a better conference record, overall record and even beat them head to head. Well anyways, heres the bracketology, the Big East as of right now is projected to have more teams in the tournament than the ACC, although this isnt saying too much.

Current Bracketology (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology)

And also, the Big East doesnt have a standout team like North Carolina beacuase it is more competitive and the teams are more equal. They also have more teams in the top 25. But to tell you the truth, its hard to not pick Pitt and Georgetown as standout teams.

I don't know what your links are supposed to prove? There are so many bad teams int he BE of course records will beinflated and if you think SU should be in over Nova you haven't been watching. SU beat no one in the non-conf while 'Nova has beaten quality teams. SU has 1 win over a ranked team all year and they have beaten up on the bad teams int eh conf much like georgetown who got beat up in the non-conf then magically ahve been doing nothing but winning when playing BE games. The ACC is better, after Carolina the ACC and the BE are very similar- alot of good but no great teams but the BE teams have an advantage b/c they ahve so many easy wins at the bot of the conf.

If you ask me, the ACC deserves about 6 teams in the Tourney while the Big East deserves around 8....it will end up at 7 though.

I will give you the point that the bottom of the Big East doesnt compare to the Bottom of the ACC but the Big East is also a larger conference, so someone has to suck.

They probably both deserve around 7 w/ the struggles of some ACC teams lately but the ACC is tougher b/c you have less gimme's so of course teams will be losing this time of year.

MikeO
02-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't know what your links are supposed to prove? There are so many bad teams int he BE of course records will beinflated and if you think SU should be in over Nova you haven't been watching. SU beat no one in the non-conf while 'Nova has beaten quality teams. SU has 1 win over a ranked team all year and they have beaten up on the bad teams int eh conf much like georgetown who got beat up in the non-conf then magically ahve been doing nothing but winning when playing BE games. The ACC is better, after Carolina the ACC and the BE are very similar- alot of good but no great teams but the BE teams have an advantage b/c they ahve so many easy wins at the bot of the conf.

They probably both deserve around 7 w/ the struggles of some ACC teams lately but the ACC is tougher b/c you have less gimme's so of course teams will be losing this time of year.

Well Syracuse DID beat Nova so that must count for something at the end of the day. I mean computers, schedules, rankings......when head to head is out there, WHO WON THE GAME!!!!! They do play again in a week and Nova better win that one or else they won't get in over SU.

FinsAreLife
02-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Well i dont believe you have been watching. If syracuse isnt good enough because of how they played in non-conference then i understand. But no way in heck does Nova deserve to be in, especially over syracuse. Nova's Big East record is below .500 and syracuses is a couple games above .500. Nova'a overall record is worse while syracuse even beat them and if you saw that game you know for darn sure that Nova was never in it. I dont believe either team has proven that they should be in the NCAA tournament. But i do believe at least one of them will get in. Syracuse's remaining schedule is more favorable then villanovas. But the biggest matchup is when they play on March 3rd. I truly believe that the winner of that game will clinch a spot to the tourney. If syracuse wins their next two against providence and Georgetown I think that game will be just for better seeding then. But the way Syracuse plays who knows if theyll even beat providence. I just dont think either team has proven anything.

nyjunc
02-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Well Syracuse DID beat Nova so that must count for something at the end of the day. I mean computers, schedules, rankings......when head to head is out there, WHO WON THE GAME!!!!! They do play again in a week and Nova better win that one or else they won't get in over SU.

That game was at Syracuse, they get another shot at home. Secondly SU has a better BE record but they have played the easier BE sched of the 2. SU is NOT a tourney team at the moment, I wouldn't be upset if Nova got in, they may not be worthy but they are more worthy than SU. SU is 64 in the rpi w/a SOS of 55, 'Nova ia 18th w/ a SOS of 6.

Well i dont believe you have been watching. If syracuse isnt good enough because of how they played in non-conference then i understand. But no way in heck does Nova deserve to be in, especially over syracuse. Nova's Big East record is below .500 and syracuses is a couple games above .500. Nova'a overall record is worse while syracuse even beat them and if you saw that game you know for darn sure that Nova was never in it. I dont believe either team has proven that they should be in the NCAA tournament. But i do believe at least one of them will get in. Syracuse's remaining schedule is more favorable then villanovas. But the biggest matchup is when they play on March 3rd. I truly believe that the winner of that game will clinch a spot to the tourney. If syracuse wins their next two against providence and Georgetown I think that game will be just for better seeding then. But the way Syracuse plays who knows if theyll even beat providence. I just dont think either team has proven anything.

'Nova has played a more difficult BE sched, that's the only reason SU has a better BE record. 'Nova played 6 BE games against ranked teams, 'Nova has played 3, 'Nova didn't get to play USF or SJU while SU played 3 games against those 2.

Unless SU wins their last 3 they will have to win a BE Tourney game or 2 to make the NCAA's. The providence gmae is huge, Prov is working their way on the bubble and it's at Providence and SU is coming in after a week off- that game will be very tough for SU.

MikeO
02-23-2007, 09:50 AM
If Nova doesn't get to .500 inside the conference, I dont' care what their RPI and SOS is.........they ain't going!!!!!!!!

FinsAreLife
02-23-2007, 01:10 PM
:yeahthat:

enough said.

nyjunc
02-23-2007, 08:42 PM
If Nova doesn't get to .500 inside the conference, I dont' care what their RPI and SOS is.........they ain't going!!!!!!!!

I have no problem w/ that but they still deserve to go before SU so if 'Nova doesn't make it than SU isn't making it.

MikeO
02-24-2007, 12:32 AM
I have no problem w/ that but they still deserve to go before SU so if 'Nova doesn't make it than SU isn't making it.

Well if SU beats Nova twice and is above .500 in the conference with over 20 wins on the season..........guess what, they are going!!!!

It isn't Nova vs SU. That isn't what its about. Nova isn't even .500 in what you yourself said is a mediocre Big East.

nyjunc
02-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Well if SU beats Nova twice and is above .500 in the conference with over 20 wins on the season..........guess what, they are going!!!!

It isn't Nova vs SU. That isn't what its about. Nova isn't even .500 in what you yourself said is a mediocre Big East.

I agree, I said SU still can make it but they need at least 2 of 3 wins and probably a BE Tourney win unless one of the 2 wins in the last 3 reg season games is against Georgetown.

FinsAreLife
02-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree, I said SU still can make it but they need at least 2 of 3 wins and probably a BE Tourney win unless one of the 2 wins in the last 3 reg season games is against Georgetown.

I think you're 100% right on this. Just getting to 20 wins isnt enough for them with the way they played earlier this year. I think if they win out there is no doubt in my mind they get in. A win over georgetown and villanova would be absoultely huge.

MikeO
02-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Well SU just pretty much knocked Providence out of the NCAA tourney (short of them winning the BE tourney of course). Also puts SU at 20 wins and 9-5 inside the conference!

Providence is at .500 inside the big east but this loss really hurts them.One less team to worry about there for SU though.

FinsAreLife
02-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Well SU just pretty much knocked Providence out of the NCAA tourney (short of them winning the BE tourney of course). Also puts SU at 20 wins and 9-5 inside the conference!

Providence is at .500 inside the big east but this loss really hurts them.One less team to worry about there for SU though.

Absolutely HUGE win for the 'cuse. If they can take Georgetown down on senior night it would be amazing.

nyjunc
02-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Nice win by SU, the job is almost done. A win over GU and they may be in but I'd want a BET win to be safe, a win over both GU and 'Nova and they are in, just a win over 'Nova and they will still need a tourney win. They are getting close though.

DonShula84
02-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Beating Marquette should secure ND's position in the tournement.

FinsAreLife
02-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Beating Marquette should secure ND's position in the tournement.

Yeah, i had my doubts about them but i think there a very good team. I really dont think a whole lot of Marquette though. Even Syracuse beat them.

ChambersWI
02-24-2007, 11:54 PM
SO... I'm guessing the preseason predictions of Paul Harris or Hasheem Thabeet being Big East Freshman of the Year has been set aside in favor of Scottie Reynolds being the winner.

I'm actually interested in who ya'll think are the Freshmen of the Year in each conference.

Big East-Scottie Reynolds
ACC-Brendan Wright
Big 10-Greg Oden
Big 12-Kevin Durant
Pac 10-... It will either be Chase Buddinger,Spencer Hawes, or one of the Lopez Twins (I think it's Brook that got the Triple Double earlier this year).
SEC-Dunno, don't know who the top freshmen in that conference are.
Overall-Kevin Durant

if you thought this year's Freshman class was good, wait till next year. Granted no one is as talented as Durant or Oden, but the top tier as a whole is IMO better than this year's top players.

Next year you've got Derrick Rose, Eric Gordon, Michael Beasely, OJ Mayo,Kyle Singler,Kevin Love (my pick for Freshman of the year in 07/08),Donte Green, Jarryd Bayless,DeAndre Jordan, Kosta Koufos, and Patrick Patterson. That's a damn good list, and there are still some more.

nyjunc
02-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Next year's class looks good as well but it's going to be awhile before this year's claas is passed.

FinsAreLife
02-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Paul Harris has played good lately but its too late too little for Freshman of the year, he will be very good next year.

UCFinfan86
02-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Not a huge college basketball fan, but ive been following it more closely this year. I was watching the UF v LSU game yesterday and they said that Florida had already locked up the SEC title. Does that mean there is no SEC tournament?? It also said Memphis locked up the CUSA title, and i am mainly wondering because i hope their is still the CUSA tournament because i want to see how UCF will do.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Not a huge college basketball fan, but ive been following it more closely this year. I was watching the UF v LSU game yesterday and they said that Florida had already locked up the SEC title. Does that mean there is no SEC tournament?? It also said Memphis locked up the CUSA title, and i am mainly wondering because i hope their is still the CUSA tournament because i want to see how UCF will do.

Both conferences will still have conference tournaments, both schools just locked up the regular season titles!

FinsNYanksFan13
02-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Maryland just became the third team guaranteed a spot in the tournament from the ACC!

PS: DJ Strawberry is becoming one heck of a basketball player. He seems to step his game up when Maryland plays big teams. He's shined against UNC and Duke this year. Duke and Maryland next. No way Maryland jumps out to a 29-9 advantage this time around!

Ferretsquig
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
They might have all the talent in the world, but those are still 18 yr old kids out there. Can't blame Wright for bricking the FTs. Unless your name is Micheal or Kevin you shouldn't be asked to win games at that age.

UCFinfan86
02-25-2007, 11:30 PM
so say Memphis wins the regular season title, and UCF wins the CUSA tourney, whose considered the champion of CUSA?

FinsNYanksFan13
02-25-2007, 11:34 PM
so say Memphis wins the regular season title, and UCF wins the CUSA tourney, whose considered the champion of CUSA?

One's considered the regular season conference champion and one is considered the tournament champion. The difference is that the winner of the conference tournament gets an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. The regular season champion doesn't!

King Felix
02-25-2007, 11:36 PM
wright missed 2 big free throws today :(

nyjunc
02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
They might have all the talent in the world, but those are still 18 yr old kids out there. Can't blame Wright for bricking the FTs. Unless your name is Micheal or Kevin you shouldn't be asked to win games at that age.

He's a horrible FT shooter, honestly he shouldn't touch the ball in that situation unless it's on a putback b/c he has no shto to hit those FTs. That's the biggest flaw in his game and w/ such a smooth stroke I think he'll eventually be a good FT shooter but he's terrible now.

The game changing play was the Frasor missed layup then MD 3, that was a 5 point swing and MD took over after that sequence. This team is maddening, thye look so good at times ans so bad at other times. I still think they can win it all but I also think they could go out as early as rd 2.

Teams will hang banners for reg season Championships but the recognized Champion is the Tourney Champ.

MikeO
02-27-2007, 01:21 AM
I think SU is in now with the win over G'Town

nyjunc
02-27-2007, 08:51 AM
I think SU is in now with the win over G'Town

I think so but just to be 100% safe they need to either beat 'Nova or win their 1st rd BET game.

MikeO
02-27-2007, 12:51 PM
I think so but just to be 100% safe they need to either beat 'Nova or win their 1st rd BET game.

No they don't. 21 wins. 10-5 inside the conference. They are in regardless.

nyjunc
02-28-2007, 08:10 AM
No they don't. 21 wins. 10-5 inside the conference. They are in regardless.

If they didn't play in the BE they wouldn't be even on the bubble right now but b/c the BE as a million teams and a million easy wins they will likely get in but 21 wins when 2 of them were against ranked teams is not impressive, 10-5 in a bad BE is not impressive. it's not a coinicedence GU, UL, SU stunk until they started playing BE games. In reality SU is 53 in the RPI and is at 59 in SOS. They have 2 wins over ranked teams all year, marquette and Georgetown and both are fringe top 20 teams. They played, as usual, a creampuff non-conf sched and the 10 wins they have in the BE only 2 came from teams in the upper half of the conf. In reality SU shouldn't be in the tourney, they likely are b/c they got "hot" beating SJU, USF, UConn, prov and GU at home. 2 good wins for the resume but they have MORE bad losses for the resume: Wich State at home, Drexel at home, at St. John's, at UConn. 2 good wins, 4 bad losses- which stands out? They are likely in but to be sure they had better not lose to 'Nova then lose in the 1st rd of their conf tourney.

nick1
02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
anybody know if UCF is going to make the tournament? I would think 20+ wins would be enough but Memphis is going to win the conference. UCF should come in 2nd

nyjunc
02-28-2007, 11:02 AM
anybody know if UCF is going to make the tournament? I would think 20+ wins would be enough but Memphis is going to win the conference. UCF should come in 2nd

UCF has no shot unless they win the CUSA Tourney.

UCFinfan86
02-28-2007, 11:33 AM

NOPE! It sucks, we only played 2 opponents in the top 50. Memphis and another team and we lost both. I think we are the 2nd best team in CUSA so we could win the tourney, if somehow Memphis gets upset(which i doubt)

FinsAreLife
02-28-2007, 04:14 PM

Thats exactly what ESPN.coms drive to 65 said. I think SU should be in no matter what, all of these other wins are now for a better seed....which we desparately need.

TitansFanatic
03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't know why I haven't posted over here since my return...

Anyways. Tennessee is looking pretty darn good heading into the SEC-Tourney. Beating Florida was amazing. I was there and it was one of the loudest games I've ever had the chance to attend. Even the "old people" in the crowd were standing up most of the time and yelling. Being able to send Dane Bradshaw out with a huge win on Senior Night was just awesome.

16-0 at home for the season. First time since I've been alive we've managed a perfect home record. Most home wins ever...and those include ones over Texas and Memphis.

Amazing job by Pearl and the guys so young and undersized but yet we've already managed to match last year's win total of 21.

If Ramar Smith doesn't get atleast a bit of consideration for SEC-Frosh of the year it's a shame. There were people bashing him at the start of the season but he's proved the doubters wrong. Of course Wayne Chism should get some props to for how far he's come and Duke Crews has shown some great ability. And how could I forget Josh Tabb? He may not get as much press as the other 3 freshmen on the Vols roster but the guy is one of our best defenders and has shown he can drive to the basket if needed.

Chris Lofton-SEC POY or it'll be a dang shame. Yes, Derrick Byars of Vandy has had a solid season but Lofton means SO much to this team. Just look at how we did when he was out with his ankle injury...he makes us so much better. The adding of being able to put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket just makes him that much more of a weapon this year.

It's freaking awesome to be good at basketball. We're going to the Big Dance TWO years in a row. I know it's not that big deal for a lot of teams to make the Dance and I hope one day it isn't to me. But right now I'm just so happy, lol.

I mean students camped out for 2 days to be able to get good seats for the Florida game. That is the type of thing that happens at Duke and places like that...and I saw a message on a Kentucky Wildcats board that stated "Is it bad that I'm jealous of Tennessee?"

Don't pinch me if this is a dream, please.

UCFinfan86
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
When do the brackets get released? Like the exact date

nick1
03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
When do the brackets get released? Like the exact date

the selection show is on March 9th

UCFinfan86
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
the selection show is on March 9th

But aren't the conference tourneys March 8-11, those could change alot if a school that wasn't projected to win, wins the tourney

nick1
03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
But aren't the conference tourneys March 8-11, those could change alot if a school that wasn't projected to win, wins the tourney

I was wrong I have no idea, it's soon after the end of the confence tournaments I know

TitansFanatic
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM

Selection Sunday is on 3/11...after all the conference tourneys have been determined.

KTownsDolphins
03-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Clemson with a win at VA-tech, and with one win in the ACC tourney should be able to grab a #12 or #13 seed in the tourney

playmaker1
03-01-2007, 11:58 PM
WSU playing UCLA right now. GO COUGS!

FinsNYanksFan13
03-02-2007, 12:20 AM
North Carilona gets beat by Georgia Tech. With a win over Wake Forest (a game they should win) VIRGINIA of all teams will be the ACC regular season champs. UNBELIEVABLE!