PDA

View Full Version : Advice from you South Floridians regarding Pats game!

jtown777
11-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey fellas. We'll be there for the Pansy's game in December. Straight from sunny So. Cal. I'm wonderin' about weather and what we should bring for that time of year out there. We're staying in Weston at one of my time share resorts (Mizner Place). I was there for the Pittsburgh game and went through hurricane Jeanne with y'all, but I've heard mixed reviews on the early December weeks. Any help would be appreciated and we'll see you there! Oh and how's the drive down to he Keys? Thinking of taking that side trip on Saturday. Thanks guys! And Mods, if this needs to be moved I understand.

PhinsRock
11-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Don't expect to make the Keys in one day and enjoy it, too long a drive for only one day, will eat up all your time driving it. Stick to South Beach and maybe Islamorada in the Upper Keys.

jbond
11-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Go down to Key Largo for the day...that's doable. If you don't mind the cooler water, try snorkeling at John Pennekamp or go fishing for the day in the flats (west/gulf/shallower side).

For the game...afternoons aren't too bad. Should be a bit cool and if breezy bring a windbreaker. Rain should be almost non-existent that time of year. There have been many a year when x-mas was celebrated in the 80's but often enough it gets a bit cooler. Just watch the weather a couple of days before your trip for any cold fronts coming in and of course for all your forecasting needs as, although I think I'm pretty damn smart...I can't predict the weather :)

jtown777
11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Great advice guys thanks a bunch!