PDA

View Full Version : Brian Brohm!

adamprez2003
11-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Brian Brohm plays tonight and reportedly he's finally close to being 100%. Supposedly he's gripping the ball much better and that has led to him having his velocity back. For those unaware he had a thumb injury and it looked like he was throwing at only 70% of his capability in his first games back. This is the only player I would take over Calvin Johnson. For anyone who hasnt seen this kid watch the game tonight or record it. This guy is going to be a great QB in the NFL

dominizzo
11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Brian Brohm will be better than Brady Quinn!!!

Book it

Motion
11-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Should be a great game tonight.

OSUDauby
11-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Brian Brohm plays tonight and reportedly he's finally close to being 100%. Supposedly he's gripping the ball much better and that has led to him having his velocity back. For those unaware he had a thumb injury and it looked like he was throwing at only 70% of his capability in his first games back. This is the only player I would take over Calvin Johnson. For anyone who hasnt seen this kid watch the game tonight or record it. This guy is going to be a great QB in the NFL

You have got to be kidding me?! Brohm will be as good as Ryan Leaf in the NFL. He has done nothing spectacular in college football and he plays in the Big Easy to boot!

Tonight's game will be great though. The season's biggest pillow fight to date. This may determine who goes to the national championship game and gets STOMPED by Ohio State.

SR 7
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
i hear so muhc of this guy but who the **** is he?

Motion
11-02-2006, 03:21 PM

ESPN 8pm EST Tonight

See for yourself!

OSUDauby
11-02-2006, 03:26 PM

Perfectly said.

Buddwalk
11-02-2006, 03:38 PM

I agree 100%

D_BO
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
You have got to be kidding me?! Brohm will be as good as Ryan Leaf in the NFL. He has done nothing spectacular in college football and he plays in the Big Easy to boot!

Tonight's game will be great though. The season's biggest pillow fight to date. This may determine who goes to the national championship game and gets STOMPED by Ohio State.

Have you even watched this kid play? Probably not, you just haven't heard of him, so he must be bad.. The kid is going to be GREAT, he has it ALL.. Future Franchise QB.. Should have known you didn't know anything about Football, you an Ohio Taint fan..

adamprez2003
11-02-2006, 04:09 PM

yeah noone ever plays well in the NFL if they come from the Big East. And what about his game reminds you of Ryan Leaf? He has done nothing spectacular? Yeah and that's why scouts and GMs have him in the top 5 if he comes out. But hey, you know better

WelcomeBack
11-02-2006, 04:34 PM
With the news of Daunte possibly going out for the year, you definitely gotta be keeping an eye out on Brohm. If Daunte's injury is this serious, there's no telling how he comes back from it. Brian Brohm is an AMAZING talent, and it'll be good to see him playing at (or close to) 100% again.

Perfect23
11-02-2006, 04:48 PM
he isnt the best qb available you would look good to if you had a great offense.

Motion
11-02-2006, 04:53 PM
he isnt the best qb available you would look good to if you had a great offense.

Lefors did look pretty good in that system too now that I think about it.

Stitches
11-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Lefors did look pretty good in that system too now that I think about it.

Brohm's been producing since he was a freshman, and he's gotten better every year. Timmy Chang looked good in his offense(the same one Colt Brennan is putting up monster numbers in), and you didn't see scouts drooling about him. Palmer looked good in his system, and so did Leinhart.

Motion
11-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Brohm's been producing since he was a freshman, and he's gotten better every year. Timmy Chang looked good in his offense(the same one Colt Brennan is putting up monster numbers in), and you didn't see scouts drooling about him. Palmer looked good in his system, and so did Leinhart.

:wink: Good call.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-02-2006, 05:43 PM
:sidelol:

Alex13
11-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I say we go after Paul Posluszny instead Brohm because we badly need to replace Spragan.

DonShula84
11-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Brian Brohm will be better than Brady Quinn!!!

Book it

Id bet my life you havent seen either one play. Why does Quinn get brought into this anyway. You're like a parrot who can only say 4 things and you just apply them to every thread. :rolleyes:

TotoreMexico
11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
I say we go after Paul Posluszny instead Brohm because we badly need to replace Spragan.

A FA maybe?

zackmandude63
11-02-2006, 06:11 PM
he reminds me lot of zach thomas.

ChambersWI
11-02-2006, 09:03 PM

I would not say stomped by Ohio State. I don't think any team in the top 10 (outside of USC) would get stomped if they played Ohio State.

Also, Brohm is the real deal. Unlike Leaf he has a good head on his shoulder, he's just had some rough luck with injuries.

If he enters the draft, I'd take him.

When he came out of High School, I thought he was the best QB in his class (this class had Rhomar,Henne,Ainge, and Morrelli)

No1Phinatic
11-02-2006, 10:08 PM

Watch Pat White instead. He'll be in the draft that we need to go QB. We fixed our immediate QB problems with 2 high profile FA last year, remember? Let's go LT this year and give the aforementioned FA solutions some more time to work things out next year.

HysterikiLL
11-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I've watched Brohm play for a long time now, and he is one of my favorite players in college football. He reminds me a lot of Carson Palmer (something which was only supported when they both had season ending injuries around the same time last season) that hindered their mobility. He has all the tools though. He has a great arm and his mechanics are great for a guy his size. Franchise QB for years IMO.

DonShula84
11-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Watch Pat White instead. He'll be in the draft that we need to go QB. We fixed our immediate QB problems with 2 high profile FA last year, remember? Let's go LT this year and give the aforementioned FA solutions some more time to work things out next year.

Pat White will never be an NFL qb

WelcomeBack
11-02-2006, 10:57 PM

We need another RB?

Brian Brohm could very well be the real deal. He goes through his progressions well and watces all his options. He doesn't stay focused on one WR and wait for him to get open. He sees one WR covered, then instantly looks to the next option.

finswin56
11-02-2006, 11:00 PM
I really like the way Brohm throws the ball. Deadly accurate. Looks like he could improve his footwork and pocket presence, but not all that bad either.

adamprez2003
11-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Brohm also has good escapability. Its tough to bring him down on the first hit.

adamprez2003
11-02-2006, 11:12 PM

we already have marcus vick. seems like the same type of qb

Roman529
11-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Brohm looks really good...making nice throws versus WVU.

finswin56
11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Brohm looks really good...making nice throws versus WVU.He's throwing darts in some damn cold weather. Very impressive :yes:

D_BO
11-02-2006, 11:40 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol:

Majpain
11-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Brohm looks better than Quinn imo.

DonShula84
11-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Brohm looks better than Quinn imo.

He's good, I didnt see him do anything that Quinn cant/doesnt do though.

adamprez2003
11-03-2006, 01:02 AM
He's good, I didnt see him do anything that Quinn cant/doesnt do though.

I think he's tougher to bring down in the pocket. Quinn to me takes sacks a little too easily. Also Brohm to me is more consistent with his accuracy. He's on for 60 minutes whereas with Quinn he seems to lose some of his accuracy during the course of the game on a few drives

DonShula84
11-03-2006, 01:47 AM
I think he's tougher to bring down in the pocket. Quinn to me takes sacks a little too easily. Also Brohm to me is more consistent with his accuracy. He's on for 60 minutes whereas with Quinn he seems to lose some of his accuracy during the course of the game on a few drives

And I can agree with that.

Motion
11-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Id bet my life you havent seen either one play. Why does Quinn get brought into this anyway. You're like a parrot who can only say 4 things and you just apply them to every thread. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Motion
11-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Watch Pat White instead. He'll be in the draft that we need to go QB.We fixed our immediate QB problems with 2 high profile FA last year, remember? Let's go LT this year and give the aforementioned FA solutions some more time to work things out next year.
I sure hope your joking. :shakeno:

Stitches
11-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I sure hope your joking. :shakeno:

I'd agree we'll need to go QB in the draft Pat White is slated to be eligible for, but i sure as high hell hope we want no part of White as a QB.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 09:57 AM
i hope pat white doesn't declare early. because he isn't polished as a QB at all. i think when slaton leaves next year, white should stay his senior year and take complete control of the team himself and hopefully he's progress as a passer much more. otherwise, he's going to be moved to WR.

Majpain
11-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I rather have Troy Smith than Pat White. White is another running QB.

Crowder52
11-03-2006, 05:03 PM

Noob police just arrived, and you're busted!

Violation: Falling in love with a QB because he can run, despite his lack of demonstration of any NFL quarterbacking skills.

Punishment: 1 month probation from talking about the QB position. I'm going easy on you because you mentioned taking O-Line in the first round, which makes me think you have potential to not be a noob.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 05:06 PM

Violation: Falling in love with a QB because he can run, despite his lack of demonstration of any NFL quarterbacking skills.

Punishment: 1 month probation from talking about the QB position. I'm going easy on you because you mentioned taking O-Line in the first round, which makes me think you have potential to not be a noob.
he's been a member of this site about a year longer than you. :wink:

Crowder52
11-03-2006, 05:10 PM
he's been a member of this site about a year longer than you. :wink:

Violation: Confusing the date a poster joined a message board with that poster having any credible football knowledge.

Punishment: None. I'm willing to overlook this noob mistake because you know more about the draft than I do in all likelihood. Just don't let it happen again. :D

Majpain
11-03-2006, 07:21 PM

Violation: Confusing the date a poster joined a message board with that poster having any credible football knowledge.

Punishment: None. I'm willing to overlook this noob mistake because you know more about the draft than I do in all likelihood. Just don't let it happen again. :D

HOLY crap :sidelol: Crowder that was great!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-03-2006, 07:26 PM
uhh

HysterikiLL
11-03-2006, 08:19 PM
uhh

my thoughts exactly

Phinz4Life
11-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Well c'mon, using a posters join date is just as clever as using age, neither means jack.

DonShula84
11-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Every negative thing I've read about Quinn and handling the pass rush I saw in Brohm tonight. This just in, pressuring the QB causes them not to play as well as they would with out pressure.

ChambersWI
11-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Every negative thing I've read about Quinn and handling the pass rush I saw in Brohm tonight. This just in, pressuring the QB causes them not to play as well as they would with out pressure.

I think the biggest difference was how Rutgers got pressure, opposed to the teams Quinn played for. Rutgers uses a lot of stunts and twists on the d-line, which can get confusing for an O-line. And Brohm's pick, his LT got pushed right into him while he was making the throw.

I'm not going to make excuses for Brohm over Quinn. I like both players (but I will admit I like Brohm a little more), but we need to look another direction in the draft.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-10-2006, 12:58 PM
:yeahthat:

every top QB prospect every year has the same issues. it's such a meaningless argument.

Daunt8TDChris84
11-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I think the biggest difference was how Rutgers got pressure, opposed to the teams Quinn played for. Rutgers uses a lot of stunts and twists on the d-line, which can get confusing for an O-line. And Brohm's pick, his LT got pushed right into him while he was making the throw.

I'm not going to make excuses for Brohm over Quinn. I like both players (but I will admit I like Brohm a little more), but we need to look another direction in the draft.

stop being a homer and making excuse.. god if i made excuses for every qb that played the steelers/pats cause they use stunts twists zone blitz...

see you can be an elite qb but peyton reads this things better than any qb even though hes benn tricked before.
peyton studies his book probably 5 days a week, works with wr extra time,
see there are great qb qb's elite qb's and elitely superb which goes to peyton.

ChambersWI
11-12-2006, 12:40 PM
stop being a homer and making excuse.. god if i made excuses for every qb that played the steelers/pats cause they use stunts twists zone blitz...

see you can be an elite qb but peyton reads this things better than any qb even though hes benn tricked before.
peyton studies his book probably 5 days a week, works with wr extra time,
see there are great qb qb's elite qb's and elitely superb which goes to peyton.

how am I being a homer when I'm a Michigan fan? I just explained what I felt I saw.

Am I calling for us to pick Brohm? No. WOuld I rather have Brohm than Quinn? yes, but if you looked at last year's draft, I wanted Quinn to come out so we could draft him or Cutler.

Brohm didn't look great, but you have to give a lot of credit to Rutger's D-Line for doing so many stunts.