PDA

View Full Version : The Official Lakers run for Championship #15

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Amars
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Welcome LAKERS FAN and Lakers Haters aka Kobe Haters aka Shaquita lovers. I know there some fans on here like phinatics, stacks, and hurriphins and we have our haters like C2C, UCFfinfan86 and bullseyegirl.

Lakers are 2-0 and running. Most surprising to me is that they are winning with their bench players starting. Kobe - Out , Kwame - Out Mihm - Out. They are playing outstanding Basketball right now and they are showing how deep the team bench is. Andrew and Ronnie look like very good role players. Odom is just shredding team right now and seems to be on a mission. Jordan Farmer the local boy hasnt missed a step since leaving UCLA. The talented youth on this team is amazing and they are all playing great together. The big question is will this continue when Kobe comes back? Even though I'm a big Kobe fan I'm a Lakers fan first so I hope when Kobe come back he has more confidence in his teammates because they too can play. If this team gel together throughout the season and if Mitch Cupcake can add another stud during the trading deadline I think we can defeniatley be competitive in the Playoffs. - GO LAKERS

Martel
11-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Ok ok I was hoping you would start this up! Yeah Kobe needs to understand that these guys can play and make them play even better. That's what the truly great ones do. If he does, I think we can get to 50 wins this year.

Amars
11-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Lamar looks like he can put up a triple double every night, thats how good he playing.

Motion
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Look good so far, and doing it without Kobe is the best part :D

Martel
11-02-2006, 04:55 PM
I think Kobe needs to score less this year for the team be successful. I think if he averaged 25-26 the team would be better.

Roman529
11-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Andrew Bynum looked good...I still think the Lakers will finish behind the Spurs, Mavs and Suns in the West but they are getting better.

Amars
11-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Andrew Bynum looked good...I still think the Lakers will finish behind the Spurs, Mavs and Suns in the West but they are getting better.

I agree. Those team you mention are ready to win now. I like the way the lakers are being built and hopefully can contend soon.

icephinfan
11-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Kobe Bryant remained back in Los Angeles, going through an individual workout, followed by treatment and therapy in an effort to play Friday against Seattle. He is considered day-to-day, although Lakers Coach Phil Jackson acknowledged a degree of disquiet regarding his condition. Bryant was supposed to be healthy eight to 12 weeks after undergoing mid-July arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. Saturday marks the beginning of week 17.
-- Los Angeles Times

PHINATIC13
11-02-2006, 07:04 PM
It's way early in the season,but the Lakers look like they might make some noise in the West.I'm still can't believe how fast they look thus far(2 games).

PrepDogg
11-02-2006, 11:53 PM
They won't get out of the 1st round. They have no presense in the Middle. And you guys can't expect Odom to stay hot.

HysterikiLL
11-03-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm only a casual NBA fan and really don't have a favorite team, but it seems that sometime each year I jump on the Lakers bandwagon. I wish them the best for this season.

Amars
11-03-2006, 05:55 AM
They won't get out of the 1st round. They have no presense in the Middle. And you guys can't expect Odom to stay hot.

Hello do you watch the NBA? This is a guard league now. Nobody has presence in middle besides the spurs, bulls, and houston.

Motion
11-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Hello do you watch the NBA? This is a guard league now. Nobody has presence in middle besides the spurs, bulls, and houston.

Heat?

SpurzN703
11-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Best the Lakers do is 4th in the WC. They arent a championship team, not yet.

Amars
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Heat?

The heats do not have presence in the middle. The Magics have more presence with Dwight Howard then the heats have with Shaq.

Ferretsquig
11-03-2006, 12:24 PM

Guard league? We are still in the era of the big man. No team wins without a dominant post player come playoff time. Detroit was an abberation.

DolphinDevil28
11-03-2006, 01:39 PM

Uhh, Orlando???

Dwight Howard absolutely schooled Ben Wallace Wednesday night.

Still no one giving love to Dwight and my Magic.

Amars
11-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Guard league? We are still in the era of the big man. No team wins without a dominant post player come playoff time. Detroit was an abberation.

Big man WHAT? What dominant Big MEN are there? NONE. This is water down league of guards shooting from the perimeter and driving. DWADE single handly won the championship last year. There no more Abdul Jabbar, Patrick Ewings, Hakeem Olojuwan, David Robinson, Even Shaq was there at the end of that era. There no more dominant big men like before. Now the league runs on the back of Kobe, Dwade, Lebron, Carmelo to name of few. Your confused if you think this is the era of the big man.

Amars
11-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Uhh, Orlando???

Dwight Howard absolutely schooled Ben Wallace Wednesday night.

Still no one giving love to Dwight and my Magic.

Sorry bout the young guy. He definaltly going to be force. I dont get to see to many Magic games here in los angeles. Actually I dont see any but the 2 the lakers play against. West Coast Bias.

DolphinDevil28
11-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Sorry bout the young guy. He definaltly going to be force. I dont get to see to many Magic games here in los angeles. Actually I dont see any but the 2 the lakers play against. West Coast Bias.

I live in the south east, I don't get to see many Magic games either. They're just a small market team, and until they make the playoffs, (they will this year), they won't be shown much on national TV.

However, I do see a lot of Laker games, as everyone in America does.

Ferretsquig
11-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Big man WHAT? What dominant Big MEN are there? NONE. This is water down league of guards shooting from the perimeter and driving. DWADE single handly won the championship last year. There no more Abdul Jabbar, Patrick Ewings, Hakeem Olojuwan, David Robinson, Even Shaq was there at the end of that era. There no more dominant big men like before. Now the league runs on the back of Kobe, Dwade, Lebron, Carmelo to name of few. Your confused if you think this is the era of the big man.

They may sell the tickets but the champion will come from a short list of teams with post players. Denigrate Shaq all you want, but there still are few who can guard him one on one. As was made clear in that poll they put on espn of all NBA GMs. When asked who is the player you have to gameplan around the most, it certainly wasn't Kobe or Wade.

The next crop is coming in Howard, Oden, and hopefully Stoudamire. We may have a couple years where Kobe has his shot, but then we go back to handing our trophies to post players. Guards win scoring titles, Shaq, Timmy, and Hakeem win championships.

Amars
11-03-2006, 05:13 PM
They may sell the tickets but the champion will come from a short list of teams with post players. Denigrate Shaq all you want, but there still are few who can guard him one on one. As was made clear in that poll they put on espn of all NBA GMs. When asked who is the player you have to gameplan around the most, it certainly wasn't Kobe or Wade.

The next crop is coming in Howard, Oden, and hopefully Stoudamire. We may have a couple years where Kobe has his shot, but then we go back to handing our trophies to post players. Guards win scoring titles, Shaq, Timmy, and Hakeem win championships.

Hey I agree with you 100% that you need a good big man to win. Every lakers championship had a big center. But in todays NBA there are not centers like there use to be, that why I feel that this is guard league now. Its a game that is not a outside - in game anymore, its more of a perimeter game.

icephinfan
11-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Kobe Bryant might play tonight against Seattle and one-time rival Ray Allen, who called Bryant selfish two seasons ago after Bryant glowered at him in an exhibition game. (They have since made up.) Or Bryant, listed as day-to-day, might wait until Sunday's rematch in Seattle.
-- Los Angeles Times

Amars
11-04-2006, 02:53 AM
LIGHTS OUT LAKERS

Good game today. Kobe first night back and did more then I expected. Still not in basketball shape as you can tell with his 6 turnovers and miss dunk in the 3rd. Once he gets into to shape you definately wont see that happen. Ronny "Superman" Turiaf is amazing tonight. He was all over the floor Making and Blocking shots. That Double Block in 4th was crazy. This guy can outpower anyone for a rebound and I like the way he goes up for them with 2 hands. Lamar hasnt stop his great play with 28pts 2nite. If Lamar can Average 22 Pts 9 Reb and 9 Ast it will be great. Luke play great tonight with his career high 20 Pts. Lakers got off to a fast start scoring 38 in the first qtr then had difficulties with 18 Turnovers. We know Kobe can correct his mistake but Bynum needs to take care of the ball also. 3-0 thus far and if you are a laker fan you have to be impressed with the energy they are playing with. I dont think anyone expect this. The problem now seems to be depth. Not the lack of but not enough floor time to give everyone especially when Mihm and Kwame comes back. Its a good problem to have. If Mihm comes back in good form like he played last year get ready for package trade of Mihm and Mckie at the trading deadline. Next game Sunday at Seattle.

Martel
11-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Man I thought they were gonna fall apart when they lost the lead at the end of the third. I'm liking what I see here! I hope Farmar still gets minutes when Phil comes back. Phil is notorious for not playing rookies.

Amars
11-04-2006, 04:36 AM
Ya I know. But he giving Farmar his time. He played good tonight. They definately slowed down in the 2nd and 3rd mainly because of turnovers.

Chavez Ravine
11-04-2006, 05:14 AM

They could still win 50+ and do that.

The west is strong this year.

I'm a big laker fan and I think this year will depend on the youngins. Farmar, Bynam, Turiaf.

Last year Kobe and Lamar were both healthy and played well. Especially Lamar at the end of the year. It looks like Lamar may have figured out this offense. We'll see.

So Far So Good.

Chavez Ravine
11-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Ronny "Superman" Turiaf is amazing tonight. He was all over the floor Making and Blocking shots. That Double Block in 4th was crazy. This guy can outpower anyone for a rebound and I like the way he goes up for them with 2 hands.

They have been looking for the tough man PF for the past decade. I think they've finally found him! I really was excited last year when they drafted him. He's the real deal.

King Felix
11-04-2006, 06:28 AM
why did a player like farmar have to go to the lakers???

Amars
11-04-2006, 07:20 PM
why did a player like farmar have to go to the lakers???

Why do you like farmar? I remember him on your sig. He from Taft high in los angeles and went to UCLA.

Chavez Ravine
11-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Why do you like farmar? I remember him on your sig. He from Taft high in los angeles and went to UCLA.

Lakers are a perfect fit. It's great to see a hometown kid play college and pro in the same city!

Plus it's great for me since I'm a HUGE UCLA fan. :D

King Felix
11-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Why do you like farmar? I remember him on your sig. He from Taft high in los angeles and went to UCLA.just a big fan of his. love his game

Fresh
11-04-2006, 10:09 PM
You can't possibly bash Miami in one thread and talk about a Lakers CHAMPIONSHIP in another?

Nonetheless, I wish nothing but the best for the Lakers this year. I love Lamar Odom, I like Andrew Bynum, and believe it or not.. I'm not a Kobe hater at all, I just dislike him when he's not playing team ball. There are better teams to hate like San Antonio, Phoenix, & Dallas out West.

Amars
11-05-2006, 12:25 PM
You can't possibly bash Miami in one thread and talk about a Lakers CHAMPIONSHIP in another?

Nonetheless, I wish nothing but the best for the Lakers this year. I love Lamar Odom, I like Andrew Bynum, and believe it or not.. I'm not a Kobe hater at all, I just dislike him when he's not playing team ball. There are better teams to hate like San Antonio, Phoenix, & Dallas out West.

I didnt bash miami I just dont see them repeating. Miami has better chance then lakers in winning it. But repeating is harder then winning your first. Lakers Championship is far fetch but as being a lakers fan we expect to win it every year. Kinda like the yankees i guess.

Martel
11-07-2006, 04:45 AM
REAL ugly game last night. This team plays no D. What happened with Lamar? 6 shots? Kobe is gonna take a minute to get back to form. Lamar needs bring it every night.

Amars
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
turnover turnover turnover. Also Kobe doesnt have his explosiveness back. 3-1 still good so far. Tonight against Twolves should be a good game. Future lakers player Garnett is in town.

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I guess the big rumor yesterday was KG opting out after this year and going to LA. I dont possibly see how that could work for 2 reasons. 1. No way that can be fit into the salary cap with Odom, kobe, and KG 2. Odom, KG, and Kobe sharing 1 ball? kobe has a hard enough time giving Odom his touches, let alone KG and Odom. I dont think odom deserves to be a #3 option, he has been real professional so far in his stint with the lakers never complaining about touches, but if he were to move to #3 option i think he would start, thats just my feeling. IMO they don't need KG to win a title, they just need better role players to fill in. They need a good Pass-first PG, and then a Defensive Center, i dont liek Brown or Mihm at all, but Bynum looks promising.

I just don't know if kobe can ever win another title by himself( i kno i will prolly get bashed since this is a lakers thread), i just feel that come playoff time he would revert to his old ways of shoot first, second and third which haunted them in the past few seasons

Amars
11-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I dont know how the Front Office is gonna get it done also because of salary but that the FO job. Lakers are high on garnet especially Dr. Buss base on lakers beat reporter reports here in los angeles but they dont say anything because of tampering nba rules.

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I dont know how the Front Office is gonna get it done also because of salary but that the FO job. Lakers are high on garnet especially Dr. Buss base on lakers beat reporter reports here in los angeles but they dont say anything because of tampering nba rules.

yea true about the tampering rules. Do you think if KG where say willing to come to LA, they would get rid of Odom to make room for his salary?

Amars
11-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I hope not. Right now Odom is soul of this team. But I believe in 07 the lakers are going to be in good Cap shape. Supposedly they were trying to free up space for lebron in 07 but that didnt happen because he resign with the cavs. I dont know how much KG will demand but he may take less to play for the lakers just based on making money on endorsement deals (even though he signed a $100mill lifetime deal with addidas). He's a smart business man so I pretty he will make the correct decision for KG.

Here the lakers free agent for 07. All these contract are off the books. Of course you want to resign Turiaf and Luke. The wild card is mihm because the lakers dont want to let him go for nothing. He played pretty good for a center.

Chris Mihm ............ 8/6/04 3 $11.4 million '07
Aaron McKie ........... 8/26/05 2 $5 million '07
Smush Parker .......... 8/3/05 2 minimum '07
Ronny Turiaf .......... 1/17/06 2 minimum '07
Luke Walton ........... 8/8/05 2 ??? '07
Shammond Williams ..... 7/12/06 1 $1.75 million '07

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I hope not. Right now Odom is soul of this team. But I believe in 07 the lakers are going to be in good Cap shape. Supposedly they were trying to free up space for lebron in 07 but that didnt happen because he resign with the cavs. I dont know how much KG will demand but he may take less to play for the lakers just based on making money on endorsement deals (even though he signed a $100mill lifetime deal with addidas). He's a smart business man so I pretty he will make the correct decision for KG.

Here the lakers free agent for 07. All these contract are off the books. Of course you want to resign Turiaf and Luke. The wild card is mihm because the lakers dont want to let him go for nothing. He played pretty good for a center.

is mihm worth 11.4? Bynum might be able to take over Center next year, and if not if you have KG at PF you don't need a good Center, and Kwame/Bynum tandem could do just fine.

That is a scary thought
Farmer, Kobe, Odom, KG, Bynum

Amars
11-07-2006, 01:57 PM
3 yrs @ 11.4
so its like 3.5/yr

Mihm played good when healthy for a league lacking good centers.

UCFinfan86
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
3 yrs @ 11.4
so its like 3.5/yr

Mihm played good when healthy for a league lacking good centers.

oh 3.5 aint bad, someone has to be taking up alot of cap, do you know how much Kwame's got?

Amars
11-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Los Angeles Lakers Date # of total
Player signed years salary misc FA
Kwame Brown ........... 8/3/05 3 $25 million '08
Maurice Evans ......... 9/3/05 3 $4.5 million '08
Sasha Vujacic ......... ??/04 4 $4,488,152 rc '08
Kobe Bryant ........... 7/15/04 7 $136.4 million p-opt '09
Andrew Bynum .......... 7/6/05 4 $8,860,260 rc t-opt '09
Lamar Odom ............ 8/11/03 6 $71.7 million '09
Brian Cook ............ 7/6/03,10/31/06 4+3 $4,730,621+$10.5 mill '10
Jordan Farmar ......... 7/5/06 4 $4,975,920 rc t-opt '09+10
Vladimir Radmanovic ... 7/12/06 5 $31 million '11

Kwame signed in 05 and got a 3yr 25 mill contract.

Ferretsquig
11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
The Lake show gave up all hope of having cap flexibility with the Vlad and Kwame signings. They already had Kobe - 20 mil, Odom - 13 mil, and the young guys ~ 6 mil. The cap will be around 55 mil so they should have around a mil to spend. I think Garnett will ask for a bit more.

Someone will have to gut their team in order to get Garnett in a sign and trade, and I don't know if hes worth it. Although if I were Cleveland I'd trade the entire team to pair him with the king.

Amars
11-07-2006, 03:17 PM
ya that kwame deal is the one that hurts. But im not sure if he can opt out in 07 or 08.

Ferretsquig
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Nope no opt out for the team or him. Just a cool 9 mil. If the Lakers don't go signing anyone with the MLE this offseason they will have room in '08 to make a major signing. But your good ol' West protege is going to have to make a trade to improve this team in the immediate future. And we all know how great he is at trading talent for....well bodies I guess. :D

Amars
11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Ya I dont have much faith Mitch Cupcake. Passed up on both Barron Davis and Ron Artest when deals were on the table. And lets not get into the shaq debacle. The whole KG thing may be a pipe dream but you never know what can happen.

Amars
11-08-2006, 02:01 AM
ANDREW FREAKIN BYNUM

I cant say enough about this kid. He can score, he can rebound, he can block and he can make FREAKIN FREE THROWS. Made a huge block at the end of the game. Man at 19 and at that age there has not been a better center since Shaq. Its going to be fun seeing this guy grow.
20 pts, 14 reb, 3 Blocks, 8-10 Free Throw

If someone would of told me that the lakers will be 4-1 to start the season I would of said you were crazy. I totally underestimated this team. Lakers dominated from beginning to end in this game gave up some of the lead in the 4th but they held them off. This is balanced team all 5 starters in double figures, no more kobe, kobe, and more kobe.

Lakers have a great favorable schedule of games. I think the first 16 of 22 are at home.

Majpain
11-08-2006, 02:02 AM
Wow Kobe has great sportsmanship. Loved him talking **** after the game. What a punk. Someone needs to pull a Raja Bell on him.

Amars
11-08-2006, 02:06 AM
what did he say? He probably telling KG to stay and play for the lakers. He already lives in Los Angeles.

BTW who's Raja Bell? :confused:

Majpain
11-08-2006, 02:25 AM
what did he say? He probably telling KG to stay and play for the lakers. He already lives in Los Angeles.

BTW who's Raja Bell? :confused:

I dont know I cant read lips. Maybe I'm going way to into it. I wish KG would goto a team that can contend. Kobe and KG :eek: Scary stuff.

Raja Bell is the guy from last year in the playoffs who clotheslined Kobe.

Amars
11-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Raja Bell is the guy from last year in the playoffs who clotheslined Kobe.

I know I was just being sarcastic. That's what kobe said when they asked him about Raja Bell after the clothesline. He said "Who's Raja Bell?" Basically meaning that he ain't nothing.

Majpain
11-08-2006, 02:44 AM
I know I was just being sarcastic. That's what kobe said when they asked him about Raja Bell after the clothesline. He said "Who's Raja Bell?" Basically meaning that he ain't nothing.
Lol it totaly went over my head. Well great win for the Lakers. Smush Parkers 3 is what killed us (2:32 left in the game) shot it with 2 secs left on the shotclock.

Amars
11-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Lol it totaly went over my head. Well great win for the Lakers. Smush Parkers 3 is what killed us (2:32 left in the game) shot it with 2 secs left on the shotclock.

From 3 feet behind the 3pt line total luck. I think the Bynum block at the end was the dagger.

Martel
11-08-2006, 04:26 AM
I can not believe Bynum. Wow. There was so much talk about dumping this guy off for Artest last year and literally days before the season this year I was hearing talk about the frikkin d-league!!!! He probably wouldn't even be on the floor at all if the other centers weren't hurt. It really is going to be fun to watch him grow.

Majpain
11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
From 3 feet behind the 3pt line total luck. I think the Bynum block at the end was the dagger.

Yup he had a fantastic game. What pisses me off is Minnesota only has 1 consistent scorer.

King Felix
11-09-2006, 01:38 AM
blazers always play those lakers tough!

great win without arguably blazers best player

:D :D :D :D

Kthurmus23
11-09-2006, 01:54 AM
As a Blazers fan I enjoyed tonights game. Zach had a good game again. Even without Roy the Blazers played a pretty good game.

DonShula84
11-09-2006, 04:29 AM
I'm liking this Bynum guy, but Lakers will always be the 2nd best team in LA :):wink:

Amars
11-09-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm liking this Bynum guy, but Lakers will always be the 2nd best team in LA :):wink:

Man you just dont like Los Angeles I dont know why you even live here.:dunno:

Amars
11-09-2006, 10:33 AM
blazers always play those lakers tough!

great win without arguably blazers best player

:D :D :D :D

i didnt even get to watch the game but I see what going to be the achilles heel for the lakers this year TURNOVERS. 18 Turnover it says in the box score. This has been a problem this year so far.

Chavez Ravine
11-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Farmar and Bynum

welcome to back2back games in the NBA

Vertical Limit
11-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Kobe finally played like himself yesterday, oh and the Lakers lost. Oh the irony.

Martel
11-09-2006, 05:39 PM
It's lookin like we may have an only-play-good-at-home team

Chavez Ravine
11-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Kobe finally played like himself yesterday, oh and the Lakers lost. Oh the irony.

:rolleyes2

Drinking the hateraid already!

I'm sure your starting center fouling out with 2 point had nothing to do with why they lost....yeah it's Kobe's fault:shakeno:

Chavez Ravine
11-09-2006, 05:54 PM
It's lookin like we may have an only-play-good-at-home team

It's a young team with starters having their first taste of the NBA. There is no shame in losing a 1-1 on back to back games on the road

PHINATIC13
11-09-2006, 06:59 PM

Really?? I'd sure like to know LA team you're putting ahead of them.The Lakers are LA's most successful franchise.:wink:

Amars
11-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Really?? I'd sure like to know LA team you're putting ahead of them.The Lakers are LA's most successful franchise.:wink:

The most sucessfull NBA team ever.

DonShula84
11-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Man you just dont like Los Angeles I dont know why you even live here.:dunno:

I like the weather :lol:

Hey I like the Clippers and the Angels (LA area) :D

DonShula84
11-09-2006, 08:13 PM

Cant deny they are the most successful, I root for the Clippers though. Not a Kobe fan and I love Brand so it works out :)

Martel
11-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Cant deny they are the most successful, I root for the Clippers though. Not a Kobe fan and I love Brand so it works out :)

Brand looks spent already. He's been playin alot of hoop. I hope they don't burn him out. Great player.

Amars
11-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I like the weather :lol:

Hey I like the Clippers and the Angels (LA area) :D

:lol:

I guess that's why everyone from the east coast moves here and nobody leaves.

Chavez Ravine
11-11-2006, 01:01 PM

I guess that's why everyone from the east coast moves here and nobody leaves.

AMEN

middle of november and mid 80's

what more could you want?

Amars
11-11-2006, 01:14 PM
AMEN

middle of november and mid 80's

what more could you want?

It was like 90's for 2 days last week. Anyways Lakers got out played last night by the Pistons. Mainly Tashaun Prince. I guess he want to show his hometown crowd something and he did.

Fresh
11-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Kobe just looks... ehh.

I hope he picks it up because although I don't like the Lakers, I love watching Kobe.

Amars
11-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Ya he doesnt have that explosiveness. Cant blame him he only been back 1 week off knee surgery. So he out of shape. As long as he doesnt get hurt again.

Roman529
11-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Kobe and the Lakers looked bad last night.

Ferretsquig
11-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Ya he doesnt have that explosiveness. Cant blame him he only been back 1 week off knee surgery. So he out of shape. As long as he doesnt get hurt again.
What is the story on that? He has surgery to scope out his knee in July....something a lot of NFL players do every offseason...and now 4 months later hes still not ready to go?

Someone had a nice article on high school player's longevity, specifically TMac ( I think on cbs sportsline). The question was whether we should ignore age and rather look at years in the league when looking at the ascension/decline of an athlete. Kobe may be 32, not 28.

Chavez Ravine
11-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Someone had a nice article on high school player's longevity, specifically TMac ( I think on cbs sportsline). The question was whether we should ignore age and rather look at years in the league when looking at the ascension/decline of an athlete. Kobe may be 32, not 28.

That's a really good point and a potential problem for LA

Amars
11-12-2006, 03:04 AM
What is the story on that? He has surgery to scope out his knee in July....something a lot of NFL players do every offseason...and now 4 months later hes still not ready to go?

Interesting scenario. The Jury is still out so its a wait and see with kobe.

Amars
11-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Lakers are 7-3 and look ok thus far. Big Problem Turnovers. 22 of them last night. Next game vs. the Clippers which is going to be a tough test because the Clips are good. I think the Lakers need to win the next 7 out 10 games because of the favorable home schedule. After that its on the road for some brutal games.

Buddwalk
11-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Kobe just looks... ehh.

I hope he picks it up because although I don't like the Lakers, I love watching Kobe.

hes not healthy...but hes still playing the awesome defense, and being more of a roleplayer in the triangle offense instead of being selfish...lakers will win a championship this year if kobe continues to play that way, once hes healthy

Ferretsquig
11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
hes not healthy...but hes still playing the awesome defense, and being more of a roleplayer in the triangle offense instead of being selfish...lakers will win a championship this year if kobe continues to play that way, once hes healthy

Lets not get carried away here. The Lakers have exceeded expectations so far but I don't think many fans in the wildest dreams think this team is a contender. Talent wise the team just doesn't come close to the big guns in the West.

Amars
11-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Good win against the Clippers.

PHINATIC13
11-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Clippers are still and will always be second best in LA to my Lakers.

Chavez Ravine
11-22-2006, 03:05 PM

Lets not get carried away here. The Lakers have exceeded expectations so far but I don't think many fans in the wildest dreams think this team is a contender. Talent wise the team just doesn't come close to the big guns in the West.

If/When Bynum emerges they will have enough talent to win the whole thing.

Walton has emerged as a solid starter. Smuch is still below average

but

Farmar, Turiaf, Kwame, Radmonovich, Evans are all solid options off the bench.

The Lakers can legitimately go 10 deep. They were only 2 deep last year:lol:

PHINATIC13
11-22-2006, 03:18 PM

:confused: Bynum,Brown and Odom upfront seem to have pretty good size to me.

Samphin
11-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, beating the Clippers wasa nice test, although, they free throw line is what won it for them. The thing I like is that they are winning ugly. LAst year, they let these types of games get away from them.

Kobe looked like Kobe last night and really picked up for Odom who has been in a little funk over the past couple of games. Luke hit a huge three towards the end and the role players did a good job.

As for people who say L.A. doesn't have a presence in the middle, they haven't been paying attention. Andrew Bynum is making a name for himself at 19, and Kwame, since coming back from his shoulder injury, has played outstanding defense and been a rebounding machine. I don't know if they will be able tosplit time between the two equally going forward, but so far, it has worked out well.

The Utah game on Friday will be a huge test to see where L.A. is. I don't really expect them to win, but if they play them close, or somehow pull off a win, people will start to take notice.

PHINATIC13
11-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Well, beating the Clippers wasa nice test, although, they free throw line is what won it for them. The thing I like is that they are winning ugly. LAst year, they let these types of games get away from them.

Kobe looked like Kobe last night and really picked up for Odom who has been in a little funk over the past couple of games. Luke hit a huge three towards the end and the role players did a good job.

As for people who say L.A. doesn't have a presence in the middle, they haven't been paying attention. Andrew Bynum is making a name for himself at 19, and Kwame, since coming back from his shoulder injury, has played outstanding defense and been a rebounding machine. I don't know if they will be able tosplit time between the two equally going forward, but so far, it has worked out well.

The Utah game on Friday will be a huge test to see where L.A. is. I don't really expect them to win, but if they play them close, or somehow pull off a win, people will start to take notice.

Agreed Utah will be tough.........(on last night's game)that 4th quarter was ugly.....we didn't score a field goal(or a single point) until after the six minute mark:shakeno: yet we still won.I don't know if it was good D or the Clips were playing as bad as we were at the time.:(

Chavez Ravine
11-22-2006, 05:46 PM

If both keep developing than I could see Kwame getting traded and bringing back a very nice player. I don't think Bynum and Kwame and play on the floor at the same time for a prolonged period.

DonShula84
11-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Good win against the Clippers.

:tantrum:

PHINATIC13
11-22-2006, 09:41 PM
If both keep developing than I could see Kwame getting traded and bringing back a very nice player. I don't think Bynum and Kwame and play on the floor at the same time for a prolonged period.

why? before Chris Mihm got hurt it was the position Brown was working on anyway.Now Bynum is filling Mihm's spot.The question might be who goes when Chris is ready to come back Brown or Mihm?

Amars
11-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Chris goes.

Chavez Ravine
11-23-2006, 03:28 AM
why? before Chris Mihm got hurt it was the position Brown was working on anyway.Now Bynum is filling Mihm's spot.The question might be who goes when Chris is ready to come back Brown or Mihm?

there was alot of talk last year that Kwame really struggles at the PF position. When he played well last year it was from the C position. Add on top of that when Kwame is at the 4 Odom is at the 3 which often makes Lamar guard a player that is too quick for him.

I could see them use this lineup situationally, but not as a staple rotation.

PHINATIC13
11-24-2006, 08:11 PM
there was alot of talk last year that Kwame really struggles at the PF position. When he played well last year it was from the C position. Add on top of that when Kwame is at the 4 Odom is at the 3 which often makes Lamar guard a player that is too quick for him.

I could see them use this lineup situationally, but not as a staple rotation.

I agree.In our next 7 games(on the road) we've got Utah twice the Clippers again with the Nets,Pacers,Bucks,Hornets and Spurs to round out the rest.I think we'll have a better idea of some sort of continuity with Phil's rotation.Right now I believe he's trying to still figure out what works.Btw it's not like Phil was around during TC to evaluate our team.

PHINATIC13
11-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Utah 114 Los Angeles 108

I thought the Lakers should have won this game(shocked right?)seriously if we could've protected the offensive boards (we gave up at least 16 to the Jazz)Utah wouldn't have had so many second and third opportunities at the basket.We'll see the Jazz this Thursday again at Staples I like our chances at home.I will say Utah was impressive,they really shut us down in the fourth quarter holding us to 6-17 shooting:shakeno:.

Amars
11-25-2006, 06:05 PM
You know why we loss. We loss because we were shooting to many quick jump shot. Also SMUCH PARKER SUCKS. I cant till Farmar comes back. Also Carlos Boozer that boy is stud. We still should of won but we didnt manage the game well in the 4th.

Samphin
11-25-2006, 08:23 PM
L.A. Gavie it away in the ofurth. The fact that they had the best team in the league on the ropes speaks volumes though. I think they are getting closer to what you would call a good team. They are going to make the playoffs, that is just the nature of the NBA. Virtually every team does. I think they will od some damage come the postseason.

As for right now though, I am pretty happy consideirng the early injuries and setbacks.

King Felix
11-25-2006, 08:32 PM
what happen'd to farmar?!?!?!

Amars
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Good win against the Nets last night. Kobe 10 assist and Luke is proving to be deadly at the 3pt range. Luke is playing fantastic. Odom came back with team leading 21 pts. Farmar is back and made some great plays. I dont know what injury he had. Tommorrow game is against the Bucks then a rematch against UTAH and the Clips. Im dissappointed in the UTAH loss. They should of won that game.

dominizzo
11-27-2006, 01:38 PM
My Utah JAzz have a better shot that your lakers

Amars
11-27-2006, 01:46 PM
umm how many championship does UTAH have?

PHINATIC13
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
My Utah JAzz have a better shot that your lakers

win something then pop off...:wink:

dominizzo
11-28-2006, 12:29 AM
WTV!! Kobe will never win 1 again guaranteed!!! Shaq made LA win

Amars
11-28-2006, 12:21 PM
WTV!! Kobe will never win 1 again guaranteed!!! Shaq made LA win

Ya sure he did. I can tell by all the championship he won pre-kobe. Which is ZERO and IMO we had better team before the championship.

Phinz420
11-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Ya sure he did. I can tell by all the championship he won pre-kobe. Which is ZERO and IMO we had better team before the championship.

Yeah, all Shaq ever did pre-Kobe was turn a newbie Orlando team into the Eastern Conference Champions in just a few years time, losing to probably one of the best teams that has walked the hardwood in decades. I think you are making yourself look quite foolish to discount what Shaq has accomplished in the league, and especially your own team. There is no way you honestly feel that LA would have won any championships in recent years without Shaq.

dominizzo
11-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah, all Shaq ever did pre-Kobe was turn a newbie Orlando team into the Eastern Conference Champions in just a few years time, losing to probably one of the best teams that has walked the hardwood in decades. I think you are making yourself look quite foolish to discount what Shaq has accomplished in the league, and especially your own team. There is no way you honestly feel that LA would have won any championships in recent years without Shaq.

you tell him finbroo

PHINATIC13
11-28-2006, 02:22 PM

I agree completely................. no points awarded,it's a pretty obvious statement.What's funny is I said something very similar last year in the Heat thread and some Heat fans were saying it was all Wade for the most part.Miami wins no title w/o the big guy in the middle.

Chavez Ravine
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Shaq hasn't ever been w/out a superstar guard either.

Can't discount that either.

Phinz420
11-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Shaq hasn't ever been w/out a superstar guard either.

Can't discount that either.

You honestly consider Anfernee Hardaway to be a "superstar guard"?

Shaq propelled him into the only good years he ever enjoyed.

I think it is safe to say that every guard that plays with shaq benefits heavily from his presence and ability.

PHINATIC13
11-28-2006, 05:32 PM

I think it is safe to say that every guard that plays with shaq benefits heavily from his presence and ability.

you can throw in the other guard and both forwards......

Chavez Ravine
11-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Shaq didn't win with Penny did he?

Kobe and wade were/are arguably the best guards in the league when they won. Some credit goes to Shaq, but credit should go to them as well.

Shaq has never won alone.

Phinz420
11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Shaq didn't win with Penny did he?

Kobe and wade were/are arguably the best guards in the league when they won. Some credit goes to Shaq, but credit should go to them as well.

Shaq has never won alone.
As ive posted earlier in the thread, Shaq brought the magic from nowhere to the Eastern Conference Champions within a couple years of being there. The only reason Orlando lost in the finals was because the Houston Rockets of those days were arguably one of the best all around teams to play in the NBA the past couple decades.

I have never taken away credit from Kobe or Wade. They are both elite guards. I still feel that the championships would have been non-existent without Shaq. He has brought so much to every team he has been on, and made them dominant teams.

Buddwalk
11-28-2006, 06:10 PM
kobe when healthy is untouchable and unguardable, he has that exact same magic and fire to dominate just like jordan had, only player in the league who has it right now

This lakers team right now is my pick to go to the western finals against the spurs

PHINATIC13
11-28-2006, 06:12 PM
kobe when healthy is untouchable and unguardable, he has that exact same magic and fire to dominate just like jordan had, only player in the league who has it right now

This lakers team right now is my pick to go to the western finals against the spurs

shhh......:wink:............Btw glad to hear you're ok Budd.

Phinz420
11-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Kobe - 23.8 PPG / 5RPG/ 5.3APG (11 Games)

Wade - 28.1 PPG / 4.9RPG/ 8.4APG (14 Games)

LeBron - 27.6 PPG / 6.8RPG/ 6.8APG (14 Games)

Kobe has some catchin up to do. There is still, no comparison to Michael Jordan in the NBA today and there may never be.

Chavez Ravine
11-28-2006, 06:38 PM

Kobe has some catchin up to do. There is still, no comparison to Michael Jordan in the NBA today and there may never be.

Not totally fair since he is coming off of a knee injury

agree on the jordan thing

Amars
11-28-2006, 11:41 PM

I agree shaq is great he's in my top 5 players of all-time but I think he needs another star to win a championship. Never seen him do it alone. Pre-Kobe lakers had a better all around team and they never got to the finals.

Amars
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM

knee surgery not 100% yet and only a 1/8th of a season played. Kobe doesnt need to his prove ppg if you have followed his career.

dominizzo
11-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Amars cmon man!! Kobe is good!! But Shaq was the reason In LA

Buddwalk
11-30-2006, 01:52 PM

hes only about 70%...add another 30% to those numbers and hes got better numbers then both lebron and wade :wink: :wink: :wink:

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 12:49 AM
**** if we could play some DEFENSE we would really have something.Lookin' for payback against Utah back tonight.Go Lakers!! .....just about halftime LA up by 10 with under a minute to go.

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Looks like Kobe made up for that missed layup with a monster dunk at the half!! Lakers by 12

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 01:35 AM
KOBE IS ON FIRE...............he's got 45 with 2:30 in the third quarter.

Amars
12-01-2006, 01:36 AM
KOBE is going off 2nite. He's on fire

Amars
12-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Amars cmon man!! Kobe is good!! But Shaq was the reason In LA

So tell me why Shaq couldnt win a championship without a top 3 guard (Kobe/Dwade)?

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 01:41 AM
50 !!

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 01:42 AM
The record for most points in a quarter 33 (Iceman) Kobe has 30 with a minute left

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 01:44 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!! Jackson took him out

Amars
12-01-2006, 01:46 AM
another 32 in the 4th and he will break his 81pt mark and against the suppose best team in the NBA.

ODOM with a crazy 3pt shot.

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 01:50 AM
another 32 in the 4th and he will break his 81pt mark and against the suppose best team in the NBA.

ODOM with a crazy 3pt shot.

I think it's safe to say he's BAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!

Chavez Ravine
12-01-2006, 02:56 AM
What ball hog he should have passed more often.

oh wait....

he didn't miss in the 3rd quarter. 9-9 from the field 10-10 from the line.

Nevermind:D

best thing of all he only played 32 minutes. Rest those knees!

Amars
12-01-2006, 03:02 AM

all the haters will come and post how kobe ball hog the entire game.

Samphin
12-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Much like his 81 point game, if Kobe is shooting at that high of a %, then I say hog the ball all he wants. He shot at like, 73% tonight. That is incredible. He missed one shot in the second half...ONE!

That is what Utah and Kirilenko get for calling himself the Kobe stopper. He can now join Ray Allen, Jason Richardson, Ruben Patterson and the rest of the supposed "Kobe Stoppers," in Kobe rehab.

Amars
12-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Much like his 81 point game, if Kobe is shooting at that high of a %, then I say hog the ball all he wants. He shot at like, 73% tonight. That is incredible. He missed one shot in the second half...ONE!

That is what Utah and Kirilenko get for calling himself the Kobe stopper. He can now join Ray Allen, Jason Richardson, Ruben Patterson and the rest of the supposed "Kobe Stoppers," in Kobe rehab.

Kobe
12-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Amars whats going on man. Havnt been around much lately. That game last night was beautiful. Odom, Bynum, and Walton are all looking much better this year. Farmar is a pleasant suprise, I didnt expect him to be this far along already. I saw him as a 2-3 year project but he has stepped in and played really good. I think we will make a run at deep into the playoffs this year.

Amars
12-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Amars whats going on man. Havnt been around much lately. That game last night was beautiful. Odom, Bynum, and Walton are all looking much better this year. Farmar is a pleasant suprise, I didnt expect him to be this far along already. I saw him as a 2-3 year project but he has stepped in and played really good. I think we will make a run at deep into the playoffs this year.

Hey Hurriphan.

You know what going on is the lakers are 1st place in the pacific and playing great basketball. Kobe is not even at 100% game shape but he close as you can tell from last night game. I expect him to dominate after the allstar game. We have incredible depth which might bring on a trade.

Buddwalk
12-01-2006, 12:49 PM
52 points...30 points in 1 quarter and the lakers blew the jazz out by 30 points, which right now the jazz are the best team in the nba record wise...just shows how awesome of a player kobe is, and hes still only like 80%

Amars
12-01-2006, 04:35 PM

There your catching up. Kobe and Micheal are the most talented NBA players ever.

Kobe 26.2 ppg
Wade 27.6 ppg
Lebron 27.5ppg

Roman529
12-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I just heard about what Kobe did daaaaaaaayum!!!!! Just when you think the Mavs have it figured out and are the team to beat out West, they become your Grandpappie's Dallas Mavericks....you know the one?... The team that nevers plays D. :lol:

Chavez Ravine
12-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Well Dallas is on an 11 game win streak.

You know what terrible is the Eastern Conf. Only 4 teams 500 or better. And New Jersey is in 1st place in the atlantic at 6-9:eek:

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 06:05 PM
There your catching up. Kobe and Micheal are the most talented NBA players ever.

Kobe is no Michael.

Roman529
12-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Well Dallas is on an 11 game win streak.

You know what terrible is the Eastern Conf. Only 4 teams 500 or better. And New Jersey is in 1st place in the atlantic at 6-9:eek:

My Sixers still have a chance. :lol:

Amars
12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Kobe is no Michael.

I know, I didnt say that. Kobe is Kobe and Michael is Michael. Kobe is the most talented player in the league right now. Michael and Kobe are the most talented players ever.

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Kobe is the most talented player in the league right now. Michael and Kobe are the most talented players ever.

1. That is your opinion, not fact.

2. I would never mention Kobe in the same breath as Michael.

Amars
12-01-2006, 08:56 PM
1. That is your opinion, not fact.

2. I would never mention Kobe in the same breath as Michael.

And that your opinion.

Who the closes to Michael talent wise in your eyes? and please dont say dwade because he not even on kobe level.

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 09:08 PM
And that your opinion.

Who the closes to Michael talent wise in your eyes? and please dont say dwade because he not even on kobe level.

I see no separation in the talent level between Bryant, Wade, and James. None of which are anywhere near Jordan's plateau. Kobe and Dwayne are both champions, but both of which did so with the help of a certain 7 foot big fella.

People need to stop looking for the next Jordan and wake up. There wont ever be another Jordan, but luckily these guys have grown up watching MJ and his style and influence has enveloped them completely.

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 10:52 PM
:lol: Laker haters....if you don't like the thread don't post in it.Btw quit giving it bad rating points...........grow up!

Just sack up and say you hate Kobe...........

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 10:57 PM
:lol: Laker haters....if you don't like the thread don't post in it.Btw quit giving it bad rating points...........grow up!

One would imagine that you would know by now, that people are free to post where they want.

As for your whining over the 2 star rating, did you even look at the other team threads? Both Orlando and Miami are only 3 stars and they are Florida teams.

DonShula84
12-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Laker fans chanting MVP last night after what 17 games was hysterical.

PHINATIC13
12-01-2006, 11:26 PM

That was funny,but you can't really blame the crowd they got caught up in the moment.I'm sure Staples was electrifying last night.

Amars
12-02-2006, 01:00 AM
I see no separation in the talent level between Bryant, Wade, and James. None of which are anywhere near Jordan's plateau. Kobe and Dwayne are both champions, but both of which did so with the help of a certain 7 foot big fella.

People need to stop looking for the next Jordan and wake up. There wont ever be another Jordan, but luckily these guys have grown up watching MJ and his style and influence has enveloped them completely.

Dwade is not on Kobe level. He is a top tier but not on Kobe level. If it wasnt for the refs and free throw line the heats wouldnt of won that championship.I would take lebron over wade, but kobe over lebron. Kobe has that special something called CLUTCH.

Amars
12-02-2006, 01:01 AM
:rolleyes2

DonShula84
12-02-2006, 01:02 AM
That was funny,but you can't really blame the crowd they got caught up in the moment.I'm sure Staples was electrifying last night.

As a Kobe hater :D I was amazed at was I was watching in the 3rd quarter. Even if you hate the guy you have to just sit back and say wow when he's on fire like that.

Amars
12-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Kinda of amazing just seeing shot after shot just fall with no effort. Then I tried to go shoot some hoops and brick after brick.

Amars
12-02-2006, 01:16 AM

Im surprised this thread has 2 stars with so many heats fan on this site.

Chavez Ravine
12-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Dwade is not on Kobe level. He is a top tier but not on Kobe level. If it wasnt for the refs and free throw line the heats wouldnt of won that championship.I would take lebron over wade, but kobe over lebron. Kobe has that special something called CLUTCH.

Wade is great off the dribble, but my complaint is that he goes to the hoop out of control and gets bailed out. (he's not the only one though)

Samphin
12-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Lakers win again, bouncing the Clippers right out of the arena.

PHINATIC13
12-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Lakers win again, bouncing the Clippers right out of the arena.

It was a good win for the Lakers,it's tough to win on the road.:wink:

Samphin
12-03-2006, 03:06 PM
It was a good win for the Lakers,it's tough to win on the road.:wink:

Yeah, those long road trips are always tough. :D

Amars
12-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Dam Kobe carried off the court hopefully its only a sprain. Taken to locker room. Up by 19pts he doesnt need to comeback. Staples sure got quiet.

Kobe
12-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I think its just a sprain, but Phil nor Kobe are taking any chances.

Amars
12-05-2006, 02:14 AM
With no Kobe lakers lead went from 19 to 5. Lakers still won. Kwame had a good game and Lamar with 13 Reb help the lakers win. Its just a sprain and hopeful no time miss.

Fantastic Start to the season thus far.

Amars
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Yahoo ranking thus far. Wouldnt buy into this until the end of the year and see how we do on the road.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=sk-rankings120406&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Here's a look at this week's rankings (records and statistics are through Dec. 3):

Dallas 1. Dallas Mavericks (12-4, Last ranking: 3) – How dominant have the top-ranked Mavericks been? They haven't trailed once in their last four games.

L.A. Lakers 2. Los Angeles Lakers (11-5, Last ranking: 6) – Fifty-two points for Kobe Bryant against the Jazz, and he and the Lakers follow it up with a second win over the Clippers. L.A. still belongs to the Lakers.

Utah 3. Utah Jazz (14-4, Last ranking: 1) – The Jazz stumbled and lost a couple of games last week, but Mehmet Okur saved a third loss with a late three-pointer against Seattle.

San Antonio 4. San Antonio Spurs (12-5, Last ranking: 2) – The Spurs are 2-2 since Manu Ginobili went down with a back injury. He's due back soon.

Orlando 5. Orlando Magic (13-5, Last ranking: 4) – Give it up for the Hills. Grant Hill's game-winning layup against Portland came on a play that was drawn up perfectly by coach Brian Hill.

Denver 6. Denver Nuggets (10-5, Last ranking: 7) – Eduardo Najera has filled in nicely for Kenyon Martin, who is out for the season with a knee injury. The Nuggets seem to have put the chemistry issues of a year ago behind them.

Phoenix 7. Phoenix Suns (9-6, Last ranking: 10) – Amare Stoudemire has four straight games of at least 20 points and 10 rebounds, and he's throwing down some wicked dunks again. He's gaining confidence with each game.

Houston 8. Houston Rockets (11-5, Last ranking: 5) – The Rockets are winning even with Tracy McGrady struggling through a slow start. They're doing it the Van Gundy Way – with great defense. Opponents are shooting a league-low 42 percent.

Detroit 9. Detroit Pistons (11-6, Last ranking: 9) – The Pistons are playing small, spreading the floor and firing threes (they've made 118 of them).

Cleveland 10. Cleveland Cavaliers (10-7, Last ranking: 8) – The Cavaliers miss Larry Hughes, who is out again with an ankle injury. Can he ever stay healthy?

Golden State 11. Golden State Warriors (9-8, Last ranking: 11) – Troy Murphy's 23 and 11 were a bright spot in the Warriors' loss to the Bucks. He's trying to find his groove after a slow start.

L.A. Clippers 12. Los Angeles Clippers (8-8, Last ranking: 15) – Elton Brand's points per game average has dropped from 25 last season to 18 this year. Sometimes, the Clips forget to throw him the ball inside.

Sacramento 13. Sacramento Kings (8-7, Last ranking: 12) – The Kings are hoping Mike Bibby's slump will end soon. He's shooting just 35 percent, but he had a poor November last year, too.

Indiana 14. Indiana Pacers (9-9, Last ranking: 14) – Jamaal Tinsley is starting to pick up the pace. He's averaged 21 points and seven assists in his last three games.

Chicago 15. Chicago Bulls (7-9, Last ranking: 24) – Four wins in a row, with more on the horizon: The Bulls host three Atlantic Division teams this week at the United Center.

New Orleans 16. New Orleans Hornets (8-8, Last ranking: 13) – How about Chris Paul's line in the loss to Chicago: 25 points, 18 assists and 11 boards.

Miami 17. Miami Heat (7-9, Last ranking: 19) – James Posey comes back just in time: He hit a buzzer-beating three to defeat Memphis in his second game back from a calf injury.

Atlanta 18. Atlanta Hawks (7-8, Last ranking: 17) – The beat goes on for Joe Johnson. He's scored 25 or more points 13 times this season.

New Jersey 19. New Jersey Nets (7-9, Last ranking: 20) – Nine of the Nets' next 10 games are at home, so now is the time to take control of the Atlantic Division.

Minnesota 20. Minnesota Timberwolves (7-9, Last ranking: 16) – Tough week ahead for the Wolves: Houston and Utah at home, plus a trip to Chicago.

Seattle 21. Seattle SuperSonics (7-11, Last ranking: 17) – Three winnable home games coming up this week for the Sonics, who already find themselves seven games back in the Northwest.

Toronto 22. Toronto Raptors (7-10, Last ranking: 27) – Don't look now, but the Raptors have won four of five. Chris Bosh and T.J. Ford are carrying the load.

Washington 23. Washington Wizards (6-10, Last ranking: 28) – The Wizards have yet to win a game on the road this season; they're 0-8.

Milwaukee 24. Milwaukee Bucks (6-10, Last ranking: 25) – The Bucks are playing zone defense almost exclusively, but it's not working very well. They're giving up 104 points per game, and opponents are shooting 48 percent.

Boston 25. Boston Celtics (5-10, Last ranking: 22) – Think the Celtics depend on Paul Pierce? They haven't won a game in which he's scored fewer than 29 points.

Philadelphia 26. Philadelphia 76ers (5-11, Last ranking: 21) – Chris Webber is back after missing six games with back problems, but will he make much of a difference? The Sixers have lost four straight and eight of nine.

Portland 27. Portland Trail Blazers (6-12, Last ranking: 23) – After that nifty 4-2 start, the Blazers have lost 10 of 12. Brandon Roy remains in street clothes due to a heel injury.

Charlotte 28. Charlotte Bobcats (5-12, Last ranking: 29) – No rest for the weary. The Bobcats have San Antonio, Houston and Phoenix this week.

New York 29. New York Knicks (6-13, Last ranking: 26) – Apparently, Nate Robinson thought he was in another dunk contest during the Cleveland game. The problem is that, unlike All-Star Saturday night, he didn't get a do-over when he missed.

Memphis 30. Memphis Grizzlies (4-12, Last ranking: 30) – Pau Gasol is apparently close to a return. He can't come back soon enough.

dominizzo
12-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Yahoo ranking thus far. Wouldnt buy into this until the end of the year and see how we do on the road.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=sk-rankings120406&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Here's a look at this week's rankings (records and statistics are through Dec. 3):

Dallas 1. Dallas Mavericks (12-4, Last ranking: 3) – How dominant have the top-ranked Mavericks been? They haven't trailed once in their last four games.

L.A. Lakers 2. Los Angeles Lakers (11-5, Last ranking: 6) – Fifty-two points for Kobe Bryant against the Jazz, and he and the Lakers follow it up with a second win over the Clippers. L.A. still belongs to the Lakers.

Utah 3. Utah Jazz (14-4, Last ranking: 1) – The Jazz stumbled and lost a couple of games last week, but Mehmet Okur saved a third loss with a late three-pointer against Seattle.

San Antonio 4. San Antonio Spurs (12-5, Last ranking: 2) – The Spurs are 2-2 since Manu Ginobili went down with a back injury. He's due back soon.

Orlando 5. Orlando Magic (13-5, Last ranking: 4) – Give it up for the Hills. Grant Hill's game-winning layup against Portland came on a play that was drawn up perfectly by coach Brian Hill.

Denver 6. Denver Nuggets (10-5, Last ranking: 7) – Eduardo Najera has filled in nicely for Kenyon Martin, who is out for the season with a knee injury. The Nuggets seem to have put the chemistry issues of a year ago behind them.

Phoenix 7. Phoenix Suns (9-6, Last ranking: 10) – Amare Stoudemire has four straight games of at least 20 points and 10 rebounds, and he's throwing down some wicked dunks again. He's gaining confidence with each game.

Houston 8. Houston Rockets (11-5, Last ranking: 5) – The Rockets are winning even with Tracy McGrady struggling through a slow start. They're doing it the Van Gundy Way – with great defense. Opponents are shooting a league-low 42 percent.

Detroit 9. Detroit Pistons (11-6, Last ranking: 9) – The Pistons are playing small, spreading the floor and firing threes (they've made 118 of them).

Cleveland 10. Cleveland Cavaliers (10-7, Last ranking: 8) – The Cavaliers miss Larry Hughes, who is out again with an ankle injury. Can he ever stay healthy?

Golden State 11. Golden State Warriors (9-8, Last ranking: 11) – Troy Murphy's 23 and 11 were a bright spot in the Warriors' loss to the Bucks. He's trying to find his groove after a slow start.

L.A. Clippers 12. Los Angeles Clippers (8-8, Last ranking: 15) – Elton Brand's points per game average has dropped from 25 last season to 18 this year. Sometimes, the Clips forget to throw him the ball inside.

Sacramento 13. Sacramento Kings (8-7, Last ranking: 12) – The Kings are hoping Mike Bibby's slump will end soon. He's shooting just 35 percent, but he had a poor November last year, too.

Indiana 14. Indiana Pacers (9-9, Last ranking: 14) – Jamaal Tinsley is starting to pick up the pace. He's averaged 21 points and seven assists in his last three games.

Chicago 15. Chicago Bulls (7-9, Last ranking: 24) – Four wins in a row, with more on the horizon: The Bulls host three Atlantic Division teams this week at the United Center.

New Orleans 16. New Orleans Hornets (8-8, Last ranking: 13) – How about Chris Paul's line in the loss to Chicago: 25 points, 18 assists and 11 boards.

Miami 17. Miami Heat (7-9, Last ranking: 19) – James Posey comes back just in time: He hit a buzzer-beating three to defeat Memphis in his second game back from a calf injury.

Atlanta 18. Atlanta Hawks (7-8, Last ranking: 17) – The beat goes on for Joe Johnson. He's scored 25 or more points 13 times this season.

New Jersey 19. New Jersey Nets (7-9, Last ranking: 20) – Nine of the Nets' next 10 games are at home, so now is the time to take control of the Atlantic Division.

Minnesota 20. Minnesota Timberwolves (7-9, Last ranking: 16) – Tough week ahead for the Wolves: Houston and Utah at home, plus a trip to Chicago.

Seattle 21. Seattle SuperSonics (7-11, Last ranking: 17) – Three winnable home games coming up this week for the Sonics, who already find themselves seven games back in the Northwest.

Toronto 22. Toronto Raptors (7-10, Last ranking: 27) – Don't look now, but the Raptors have won four of five. Chris Bosh and T.J. Ford are carrying the load.

Washington 23. Washington Wizards (6-10, Last ranking: 28) – The Wizards have yet to win a game on the road this season; they're 0-8.

Milwaukee 24. Milwaukee Bucks (6-10, Last ranking: 25) – The Bucks are playing zone defense almost exclusively, but it's not working very well. They're giving up 104 points per game, and opponents are shooting 48 percent.

Boston 25. Boston Celtics (5-10, Last ranking: 22) – Think the Celtics depend on Paul Pierce? They haven't won a game in which he's scored fewer than 29 points.

Philadelphia 26. Philadelphia 76ers (5-11, Last ranking: 21) – Chris Webber is back after missing six games with back problems, but will he make much of a difference? The Sixers have lost four straight and eight of nine.

Portland 27. Portland Trail Blazers (6-12, Last ranking: 23) – After that nifty 4-2 start, the Blazers have lost 10 of 12. Brandon Roy remains in street clothes due to a heel injury.

Charlotte 28. Charlotte Bobcats (5-12, Last ranking: 29) – No rest for the weary. The Bobcats have San Antonio, Houston and Phoenix this week.

New York 29. New York Knicks (6-13, Last ranking: 26) – Apparently, Nate Robinson thought he was in another dunk contest during the Cleveland game. The problem is that, unlike All-Star Saturday night, he didn't get a do-over when he missed.

Memphis 30. Memphis Grizzlies (4-12, Last ranking: 30) – Pau Gasol is apparently close to a return. He can't come back soon enough.

How bout those JAzz!!

mehmet is amazing!!!

dreday
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Yall remember this??I look forward to some battlin' this year too.This isnt the Lake Show I mean Fake shows year either.Try again next year.:D :lol:

Big Fundamental!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCBk5pDbwc)

Amars
12-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Yall remember this??I look forward to some battlin' this year too.This isnt the Lake Show I mean Fake shows year either.Try again next year.:D :lol:

Big Fundamental!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGCBk5pDbwc)

One Lucky shot deserve another. But this one was for a win.

Same Camera man, same game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDhmndMhC4w)

I think the spurs come into town next friday.

dreday
12-05-2006, 02:04 PM
:dolphins:
One Lucky shot deserve another.

Same Camera man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDhmndMhC4w)

I think the spurs come into town next friday.

:lol: Yea should be fun...Spurs road record looking pretty nice so far,be nice to go into Staples and Staple the Lakers.Always good games Spurs and Lakers.

Edit: Yeah the game is on the 10th out there.

dreday
12-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I heard Kobe got hurt the other night.He gonna be ready for a good thrashin'?

Amars
12-05-2006, 02:16 PM
:lol: Keep talking.
It just a sprain. X-ray were negative. Shouldnt miss any game time.

dreday
12-05-2006, 02:36 PM
:lol: Keep talking.
It just a sprain. X-ray were negative. Shouldnt miss any game time.
:lol: Then that must mean we wont hear any excuses?

Amars
12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
:lol: Then that must mean we wont hear any excuses?

As long as we dont shoot ourself in the foot with turnovers (which has been our problem) we should be in good position to win the game.

dreday
12-05-2006, 02:44 PM
As long as we dont shoot ourself in the foot with turnovers (which has been our problem) we should be in good position to win the game.
Should be a good one...I'll check back with ya around the 10th.:wink:

PHINATIC13
12-07-2006, 01:52 AM
...well that was embarrassing... 103-89 Hornets:shakeno:

Amars
12-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Chris Paul is a stud and going to be a star. No one other then Kobe and Lamar did anything.

King Felix
12-07-2006, 02:09 AM
luck the fakers

Amars
12-07-2006, 11:18 AM
luck the fakers

Go to sleep its pass your bed time.

Kobe
12-09-2006, 11:31 AM
luck the fakers

Coming from a portland fan? Like that means anything :rolleyes2

Amars
12-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Still mad from 2000 playoffs. Portland up by 15 in the 4th then Brian Shaw and Horry go crazy from 3pt land. Then BOOOM Kobe alley opp to Shaq and the game was over. One of the greatest games I have seen.

The Confessor
12-09-2006, 01:54 PM
....yeah, almost as good as the last game of last years Pacific division playoffs:wink:

Amars
12-09-2006, 03:24 PM
....yeah, almost as good as the last game of last years Pacific division playoffs:wink:

Hey I was proud our scrubs pushed the suns to game 7. If anything the suns should be disappointed for not making it to the finals.

The Confessor
12-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey I was proud our scrubs pushed the suns to game 7. If anything the suns should be disappointed for not making it to the finals.

Perhaps,
and now those same scrubbs are starting hot. BUT its a long season, and you're guys are gonna run out of gas. I enjoy watching Kobe throw it up all night long...aint gonna get it done that way..just wont happen.

Martel
12-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Perhaps,
and now those same scrubbs are starting hot. BUT its a long season, and you're guys are gonna run out of gas. I enjoy watching Kobe throw it up all night long...aint gonna get it done that way..just wont happen.

Yeah whatever hater. Anyway, this team still hasn't really shown much on the road yet this year. I think they are 2-3 with one win coming at Staples against the Clips. They hav a six game road trip coming up and that will be the first real gauge for this team. I believe in these young guys. I believe I can fly.

Amars
12-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Perhaps,

Granted these guy have alot to prove given the fact how young they are. Avg age of the team is 25yrs old. Just makes for good trade value for KG. And BTW how many championship has the Suns won. Nuff said.

PHINATIC13
12-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Perhaps,

C'mon az I doubt you've seen many Lakers games this season to make that statement.Kobe is spreading the ball around and getting his teamates involved.Hell it's like watching a real team play.Yes Kobe will take over games at times,all the greats do.Give the young man credit I think he's finally figured out the "team" concept.But if your just a hater,sorry I wasted my time.

Oh and last time I checked your Phoenix Suns and I have the same amount of championships...:tongue:

dreday
12-09-2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b7c3a1e3ac.gif?server=s1)

:D

PHINATIC13
12-09-2006, 11:22 PM
http://s1.simpload.com/1209457b7c3a1e3ac.gif

It will be a good early test for my Lakers Dre.Hoping Kobe plays,he didn't against the Hawks last night.No excuses if he doesn't it's a team game.

dreday
12-09-2006, 11:24 PM
It will be a good early test for my Lakers Dre.Hoping Kobe plays,he didn't against the Hawks last night.No excuses if he doesn't it's a team game.
Game should be good...Walton and Odom are viable.Hows the bench looking?

PHINATIC13
12-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Game should be good...Walton and Odom are viable.Hows the bench looking?

up and down...I like seeing Luke come in off the bench,Farmar brings speed to my Lakers....I love the althletism of Mo Evans..so far I'm a little disappointed with Rad (Radmanovic) so far,but maybe he's got to get use to Phil's triangle O.I know it's early in the season but I like the way the Lakers are playing really good "team" basketball(yes even Kobe).Sasha's a little too inconsistant still back a good back up and Bynum though he's talented still has a lot to learn,especially on D.The Lakers are very young I like the direction we're heading in.

dreday
12-09-2006, 11:47 PM
up and down...I like seeing Luke come in off the bench,Farmar brings speed to my Lakers....I love the althletism of Mo Evans..so far I'm a little disappointed with Rad (Radmanovic) so far,but maybe he's got to get use to Phil's triangle O.I know it's early in the season but I like the way the Lakers are playing really good "team" basketball(yes even Kobe).Sasha's a little too inconsistant still back a good back up and Bynum though he's talented still has a lot to learn,especially on D.The Lakers are very young I like the direction we're heading in.

Well they better be ready to defend,because our bench is averaging almost as many points as the starters these last few games.As a whole the Lakers better be ready,because with the Spurs averaging over 100 points a game and only giving up 83 or so,it could get ugly.Especially without Kobe.

dreday
12-10-2006, 12:04 AM

To add: I don't see this as an an "automatic win". I mean Bowen usually does well against Kobe (if he plays),so I think we should be OK. I actually worry more about Lamar Odom. It'll be interesting to see how Bynum does against our front line.

Amars
12-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Almost gametime.

Lakers better come to play tonight. Defense Defense Defense is the key. Also lets hope we dont kill ourself with turnovers. I dont know the status of Kobe yet.

Martel
12-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Kobe has gotta play

Amars
12-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Lakers looking good. Good Half. Andrew Bynum is shutting down Tim Duncan. Have to stop Ginobli.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Lakers looking good. Good Half. Andrew Binium is shutting down Tim Duncan. Have to stop Ginobli.
Have to tip my hat to the Lakers tonight.....Spurs were outplayed tonight.Look forward to the next matchup.:cooldude:

Amars
12-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Definately Dre GG.

Amars
12-11-2006, 01:51 AM
How bout that tomahawk dunk

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dominizzo
12-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Lakers got lucky!!! I like Lamar Odom though!!!

PHINATIC13
12-11-2006, 03:34 AM
Have to tip my hat to the Lakers tonight.....Spurs were outplayed tonight.Look forward to the next matchup.:cooldude:
Thanks Dre.We came out in the third quarter like gang busters, 37 points in the third against your Spurs was impressive to see.I definitely feel this was a much bigger win for my young Lakers then for your very well tuned Spurs,but it's only one game and I too am looking forward to seeing you guys again.So Chalk this one up for the good guys:D.Hell I'm hoping this will pump up my Lakers for their up coming trip into Texas(Hou.& Dal.)then right back home for the Rockets again.Including your Spurs that's a tough 4-game stretch.

PHINATIC13
12-11-2006, 03:35 AM
How bout that tomahawk dunk

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/36/full.getty-71796595ng010_spurs_lakers_12_15_28_am.jpg

Amars
12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Lakers got lucky!!! I like Lamar Odom though!!!

I take you havent seen many lakers game. So Ill value your comment with a grain of salt.

dominizzo
12-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I take you havent seen many lakers game. So Ill value your comment with a grain of salt.

JAzzz Rule

SpurzN703
12-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Good win guys. It woulda been too much to ask for the Phins and Spurs to win on the same night.

:goof:

dominizzo
12-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Good win guys. It woulda been too much to ask for the Phins and Spurs to win on the same night.

:goof:I wonder if Spurs will beat the Clippppps

Section126
12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
The heats do not have presence in the middle. The Magics have more presence with Dwight Howard then the heats have with Shaq.

I just saw this comment, and found it so funny that I am posting it in the Heat thread to get some laughs going.

Amars, you really don't believe that right?

SHAQ and ZO give the Heat 2 of the 5 best centers in the NBA really.

A little tip..if you have a 20 and 10 center and then another one that comes off the bench for 5 blocks every night and 9 boards...YOU GOT A PRETTY BIG presence in the middle.

BTW, Amars..the title says "run for #15"...go ahead and list the other 14 championships. (years)

Martel
12-11-2006, 05:04 PM
BTW, Amars..the title says "run for #15"...go ahead and list the other 14 championships. (years)

Do you disagree that Lakers have 14 championships or something

Amars
12-11-2006, 05:38 PM

Section you are so blind sometime even some of the heats fans on this board are starting to notice it.

Amars
12-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I just saw this comment, and found it so funny that I am posting it in the Heat thread to get some laughs going.

Amars, you really don't believe that right?

SHAQ and ZO give the Heat 2 of the 5 best centers in the NBA really.

A little tip..if you have a 20 and 10 center and then another one that comes off the bench for 5 blocks every night and 9 boards...YOU GOT A PRETTY BIG presence in the middle.

BTW who your 20 and 10 center? Because as far I know shaq is avg 14pt and 7reb.

Section126
12-12-2006, 01:26 AM
BTW who your 20 and 10 center? Because as far I know shaq is avg 14pt and 7reb.

I asked you to list the championships because in the Staples center they only have 9 banners up.

If you go to the Lakers web site it's hard to count them.

BTW..I am blind?

You are the guy that says that the heat has no inside presence.

The 20 and 10 center is the guy that happens to average better than that for his whole career...you know..the guy that happens to have played for the last World Champion? Do you remember that guy? it's the guy that you owe three championships to but you now hate him because he doesn't wear purple and gold.

Seriously....kiss the ring. Then kiss Shaq's behind because he helped you get three.

dominizzo
12-12-2006, 01:31 AM
I asked you to list the championships because in the Staples center they only have 9 banners up.

BTW..I am blind?

The 20 and 10 center is the guy that happens to average better than that for his whole career...you know..the guy that happens to have played for the last World Champion? Do you remember that guy? it's the guy that you three championships to but you now hate him because he doesn't wear purple and gold.

Seriosly....kiss the ring. Then kiss Shaq's behind because he helped you get three.

Section all i know is the Jazz will destroy those Miserable lakers

Martel
12-12-2006, 01:35 AM

BTW..I am blind?

The 20 and 10 center is the guy that happens to average better than that for his whole career...you know..the guy that happens to have played for the last World Champion? Do you remember that guy? it's the guy that you three championships to but you now hate him because he doesn't wear purple and gold.

Seriosly....kiss the ring. Then kiss Shaq's behind because he helped you get three.

BOOOOOOOO. Take it back to your nasty little old *** teams thread.

PHINATIC13
12-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Section all i know is the Jazz will destroy those Miserable lakers

dom all I know is your Jazz and I have the same number of championships....:tongue:

Section126
12-12-2006, 01:58 AM
BOOOOOOOO. Take it back to your nasty little old *** teams thread.

Don't throw rocks at the throne.

I'll take it back to the CHAMPIONS thread and leave you guys to debate wether you make it out of the first round.

BTW, have they put up SHAQ's statue up yet outside the Staples center?

Martel
12-12-2006, 02:21 AM

I'll take it back to the CHAMPIONS thread and leave you guys to debate wether you make it out of the first round.

Dear Deflection126,

Do the numbers....

mean anything to you? I'm 28. The Lakers have EIGHT TITLES in my lifetime already. I'm ok with letting you guys have one.

Sincerely,
Stacktacular

Section126
12-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Dear Deflection126,

Do you the numbers....

mean anything to you? I'm 28. The Lakers have EIGHT TITLES in my lifetime already. I'm ok with letting you guys have one.

Sincerely,
Stacktacular

it's nice that YOU allowed us to get one. Can you make it rain tommorow, since I don't feel like taking my car to get washed? Okay, thanks.

PS. In 1988, you were 10 years old. So that means that your real experience with this team was your last three. And we all know who you owe those championships to. THAT is my point, and WHY I find all this SHAQ hate funny, and tragic.

Martel
12-12-2006, 02:39 AM
it's nice that YOU allowed us to get one. Can you make it rain tommorow, since I don't feel like taking my car to get washed? Okay, thanks.

PS. In 1988, you were 10 years old. So that means that your real experience with this team was your last three. And we all know who you owe those championships to. THAT is my point, and WHY I find all this SHAQ hate funny, and tragic.

WRONG again Deflection!!!

I remember Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Rambis, AC Green, Mychal Thompson etc...very very well.

Just go back to your old decrepit cave of a stinky thread and pray that the BIG ARISTOTLE comes back healthy. Cause if he doesn't...you will be the one talking about getting out the first round!!

Amars
12-12-2006, 11:24 AM

BTW..I am blind?

The 20 and 10 center is the guy that happens to average better than that for his whole career...you know..the guy that happens to have played for the last World Champion? Do you remember that guy? it's the guy that you owe three championships to but you now hate him because he doesn't wear purple and gold.

Seriously....kiss the ring. Then kiss Shaq's behind because he helped you get three.

Im talking about TODAY. Not Last year Not the year before, TODAY. It funny how you take Shaq career stats and then you take Zo stats this year and not his career stats. Even though Zo is the starter now and has been for a while. So which is it Career of 06-07 Year to Date?

Im all greatful for Shaq help but he didnt do it alone. He was on the lakers for 4yrs and still couldnt get to the championship. It took Kobe to rise up to be the player that he is and mainly Phil Jackson to get this team the back2back2back championships.

Amars
12-12-2006, 11:27 AM

Bull**** because I remember those great team with Pat Riley. My dad, brother and me use to go to games all the time at the forum. Granted I know more about the game now then before dosent mean the experience is any different.

Amars
12-12-2006, 11:31 AM

If shaq would of ended his career as a lakers then ya, but there are other more deserving that clearly defined being a Lakers. Unlike the heats who will probably put him there for playing like a shell of his former self.

I would like to see these statue up in front of staples.
Jerry West
Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Chavez Ravine
12-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Not a break up a friendly converstation but...

Great Win over the spurs! The Lakers are putting themselves in the Top Tier of the Western Conf.

Amars
12-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Not a break up a friendly converstation but...

Great Win over the spurs! The Lakers are putting themselves in the Top Tier of the Western Conf.

:lol: Its all good.

Now its time for the Texas 2 step.

Chavez Ravine
12-12-2006, 11:50 AM
kerr's power rankings have us #1

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aj9O0m7d6w8QAlWeDus57Nk5nYcB?slug=sk-rankings121106&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

we'll see, the next 3 weeks will give us a good indication on who the Lakers really are.

Amars
12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
We have to win on the road. I wont get too excited until after this road trip and until we get to 10 games over .500.

DeathStar
12-12-2006, 12:18 PM
whats your guys opinion of this abc wants to make $$$ christmas day lakers-heat game?

Section126
12-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Im talking about TODAY. Not Last year Not the year before, TODAY. It funny how you take Shaq career stats and then you take Zo stats this year and not his career stats. Even though Zo is the starter now and has been for a while. So which is it Career of 06-07 Year to Date?

Im all greatful for Shaq help but he didnt do it alone. He was on the lakers for 4yrs and still couldnt get to the championship. It took Kobe to rise up to be the player that he is and mainly Phil Jackson to get this team the back2back2back championships.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You are talking about Shaq's stats this year like he has played 40 games. He played 4 games.

As for ZO..I am talking about his numbers from last year..and this year. Nothing you can say can make your statement true. if you have SHAQ and ZO..you have not only a presence in the middle...you happen to have the BEST presence in the middle. No other team in the NBA can have a real center out on the floor at all times.

Section126
12-12-2006, 12:51 PM
WRONG again Deflection!!!

I remember Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Rambis, AC Green, Mychal Thompson etc...very very well.

Just go back to your old decrepit cave of a stinky thread and pray that the BIG ARISTOTLE comes back healthy. Cause if he doesn't...you will be the one talking about getting out the first round!!

yeah...okay.

"stinky" thread? Nice ripoff of our thread you got here.

What's hilarious is that I like the Lakers. laker fans sure are angry. They sure hate the Heat too...I wonder why? :lol:

Amars
12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

You are talking about Shaq's stats this year like he has played 40 games. He played 4 games.

As for ZO..I am talking about his numbers from last year..and this year. Nothing you can say can make your statement true. if you have SHAQ and ZO..you have not only a presence in the middle...you happen to have the BEST presence in the middle. No other team in the NBA can have a real center out on the floor at all times.

Well then section you proved my point. Its a give in that Shaq will not play a entire season. He will be lucky if he played 2/3 of season. Injured or not it just his character not play a entire season. Did it with the lakers and with the heats. Production wise your gonna get more out of howard in a season then you are with shaq. Im not saying who can be the most dominant because I do believe when shaq is on he so dominant that no one can stop him.

Amars
12-12-2006, 01:04 PM
whats your guys opinion of this abc wants to make $$$ christmas day lakers-heat game?

what do you mean?

Martel
12-12-2006, 02:51 PM
yeah...okay.

What's hilarious is that I like the Lakers. laker fans sure are angry. They sure hate the Heat too...I wonder why? :lol:

Deflection126 calling someone angry :lol:

Section126
12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Deflection126 calling someone angry :lol:

You are the one calling me names.

I am hardly angry. I am having fun with the Laker fans in here. Sorry that you can't tell the difference.

Just read into the tone of the posts.

Amars
12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Its all fun. I was messing with Dre not to long ago in the spurs thread before the matchup.
Just makes all the more fun when the lakers beat the heats.

Martel
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
You are the one calling me names.

I am hardly angry. I am having fun with the Laker fans in here. Sorry that you can't tell the difference.

Just read into the tone of the posts.

The tone of this post makes you sound angry. You are still one of my top 1000 favorite posters on Finheaven though.

GO LAKERS!!!!

SpurzN703
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
I was curious as to how the hell the schedule makers decided the Lakers having 16 of their first 20 games of the season at home made any sense.

Thoughts?

SpurzN703
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
kerr's power rankings have us #1

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aj9O0m7d6w8QAlWeDus57Nk5nYcB?slug=sk-rankings121106&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

we'll see, the next 3 weeks will give us a good indication on who the Lakers really are.

You guys are good but it wont last forever. I see LA winning 50-55 games. The West so far is really tough!

SpurzN703
12-12-2006, 04:20 PM

Should be an okay game, woulda been better if Shaq was 100% healthy though.

Would rather see another team then L.A., but what are ya gunna do y'know?

Chavez Ravine
12-12-2006, 04:49 PM
You guys are good but it wont last forever. I see LA winning 50-55 games. The West so far is really tough!

You know I'd be pretty happy with that.

It's about 10-12 games better than most predictions. This team is really coming together.

Walton has become a consistant #3 scorer.
Kwame/Bynum down low have been solid.
and Farmar/Smush have been above average.

PHINATIC13
12-12-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah...okay.

I like the Heat..:(

Amars
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I like the Heat..:(

The funny thing I never said I hated the heats. As a lakers fan the teams I hate are the celtics, pistons, and kings. I think most lakers fan hate the same teams.

Section126
12-12-2006, 05:34 PM
The tone of this post makes you sound angry. You are still one of my top 1000 favorite posters on Finheaven though.

GO LAKERS!!!!

You are too sensitive.

Top 1000?

BTW...what is with that lighting in the staples center? It looks like you guys are playing with flash lights.

SpurzN703
12-12-2006, 05:42 PM
You know I'd be pretty happy with that.

It's about 10-12 games better than most predictions. This team is really coming together.

Walton has become a consistant #3 scorer.
Kwame/Bynum down low have been solid.
and Farmar/Smush have been above average.

Yeah man. Real young team, if you can finish with 50 wins that would be a huge improvement. Keep molding Bynum and Brown. LA could be good and young for a while

Amars
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
You are too sensitive.

Top 1000?

BTW...what is with that lighting in the staples center? It looks like you guys are playing with flash lights.

There was a bunch of advertising this year before the season started that just said "Lights Out" with the letters like the lakers logo. I didnt know what it meant until opening night. Just the court has light to focus on the game. When I went to game vs. the Griz they turn off all the lights and play the lights out video. After the starting lineup is announced then just the court lights up and thats it. Pretty good idea.

Lights Out Video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf37f_v3I_4)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/lights_out_banner-1.gif
This year, the Lakers are coming out strong. Young. Hungry. Team.
This season the Lakers are a tribe, battling opponents each and every game.
It’s going to be a journey, and everyone can go on it with them. The Lakers are ready.
There is the new, players like Radmanovic, rookies like Farmar, Kobe's number.
There is the continuum, Lamar will dominate, Kwame will flex, Luke will flow.
And all of them will play as a team.
It’s going to be an exciting season, and you won’t want to miss a game.

STAPLES Center will be transformed to bring the focus back to the game.
In the past, lights were so bright everywhere that attention from the court drifted.
This year, the focus is the game.

This season, it's Lights Out.

It's our building, it's how we play, it's what we do.

It's Lights Out.

October 31st, 2006

dreday
12-12-2006, 08:01 PM
There was a bunch of advertising this year before the season started that just said "Lights Out" with the letters like the lakers logo. I didnt know what it meant until opening night. Just the court has light to focus on the game. When I went to game vs. the Griz they turn off all the lights and play the lights out video. After the starting lineup is announced then just the court lights up and thats it. Pretty good idea.

Lights Out Video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf37f_v3I_4)

http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/lights_out_banner.gif
This year, the Lakers are coming out strong. Young. Hungry. Team.
This season the Lakers are a tribe, battling opponents each and every game.
It’s going to be a journey, and everyone can go on it with them. The Lakers are ready.
There is the new, players like Radmanovic, rookies like Farmar, Kobe's number.
There is the continuum, Lamar will dominate, Kwame will flex, Luke will flow.
And all of them will play as a team.
It’s going to be an exciting season, and you won’t want to miss a game.

STAPLES Center will be transformed to bring the focus back to the game.
In the past, lights were so bright everywhere that attention from the court drifted.
This year, the focus is the game.

This season, it's Lights Out.

It's our building, it's how we play, it's what we do.

It's Lights Out.

October 31st, 2006
Thats a pretty cool lil theme.I like it.

Martel
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
People were too busy lookin at celebs and stuff.

LIGHTS OUT

Amars
12-12-2006, 08:09 PM
You just get distracted from so much crap that happens around. Well I least I do so this great idea.

Amars
12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Tough road schedule ahead. Next 22 out 32 are on the road. Starting with the Texas 2 step Houston and Dallas.

Martel
12-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Tough road schedule ahead. Next 22 out 32 are on the road. Starting with the Texas 2 step Houston and Dallas.

The season is really just about to start huh. Did you see where that pizza joint was?

Martel
12-12-2006, 10:13 PM
You just get distracted from so much crap that happens around. Well I least I do so this great idea.

I was sitting behind Salma Hayek last year and got distracted for the whole game. I really don't even remember who was playing

Amars
12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
The season is really just about to start huh. Did you see where that pizza joint was?

Nah not yet. Where is it?

Amars
12-12-2006, 10:51 PM
DAM IT. WTF happen to Lamar Odom. He went to the locker room in the 1st Qtr and now he off to hospital for a MRI. I didnt even see what happen to him. Not even the play by play guys knows what happen. Great this is not what the lakers need to start the road trip. This is going to be a test for the bench.

So far Lakers are leading at the half. Kobe is going off, Luke is playing great and so is smush parker. Kwame is defending Yao good and now Yao has 3 fouls.