PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs Run To The Title..Go Spurs Go

Pages : [1] 2 3

dreday
11-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Ok it looks like theres a few of us Spurs fans on this site.So guess what?Im gonna start a new thread for our quest for the championship.

The Spurs tip off the season tonight against the Dallas Mavericks.Remember them?Of course you do.Last year there was an amazing 7 game series featuring the two teams.Everybody remembers the bad seeding (including David Stern) and of course the classic series.After losing to the Mavericks in a heart-breaking Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals last season, the Spurs won't say that revenge is on their minds. (But you all know it is)
"We believe that we should have won it (last season)," said Tim Duncan this week. "We are going to try to go into Dallas and get this one and get a boost to start this season."

Bruce Bowen says it's not about making a statement to the Mavericks, but about starting the season off on the right foot.

"I don't know if it's about sending a message per se," explained Bowen. "But we want to go out and play the best basketball we can in a difficult environment."

Well tonight the Spurs are still unsure if they will have their starting point gaurd in the lineup."It's pretty sore, pretty sore," said Parker after Wednesday's practice. "But I think I'll be alright. I'll see how I feel tomorrow."

Even if Parker feels he's ready to go tonight, the final decision will be made by head coach Gregg Popovich.Im feeling pretty confident he'll go..

Tipoff is at 7:00pm at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Lets rejoice Spurs fans..And to the rest of the fans of the NBA,I say in the immortal words of TO,"Get your popcorn ready" ANNNND

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1102454a326e3069a.gif?server=s2)

dreday
11-02-2006, 02:01 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://imageshack.us)

In_Flames
11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
thanks for the schedule Dre....:wink:

dreday
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
thanks for the schedule Dre....:wink:
No prob man...Looks like w'ell see what this team is made of early.Dallas and C-town to start things off.

Buddwalk
11-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Spurs are my pick to take it all this year :wink: :wink: :wink:

I see a cavs-spurs final going to 7 games...with lebron seriously playing but just coming up short against a superior team

not to mention one of my favorite players is manu ginobili :yes:

dreday
11-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Giiiiinnnnnnnnnoooooooooobbbbbbbllliiiiiiiii !!:lol: Lets hope he can stay healthy and at least play 75 games.

In_Flames
11-02-2006, 02:56 PM
yup, Ginobili is my favorite NBA player currently... The Admiral is my all-time favorite however.:D

SpurzN703
11-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the invite Flames.

We'll take the first 2 games of the year. Book it

dreday
11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the invite Flames.

We'll take the first 2 games of the year. Book itIt was actually I who invited Spurs fans,but I wont take it personal.:lol: Anyways yeah I see us getting off too a hot start.We usually handle the Cavs well and the Mavs have some changes that theyll need time to gel with.

In_Flames
11-02-2006, 03:57 PM
It was actually I who invited Spurs fans,but I wont take it personal.:lol:

:wink: lol...we all know Dre, he's just referring to the PM I sent him letting him know this thread now existed thanks to you...Spurs fans UNITE!

:allhail:

dreday
11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
:wink: lol...we all know Dre, he's just referring to the PM I sent him letting him know this thread now existed thanks to you...Spurs fans UNITE!

:allhail:

Just thought about that.No problem.:lol: Go Spurs Go !!!!!

dreday
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
I dont know what will.Heres the championship video from 04-05.Enjoy.Believe!!04-05 Champoionship Vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPdQL7jNWA)

Roman529
11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Ok it looks like theres a few of us Spurs fans on this site.So guess what?Im gonna start a new thread for our quest for the championship.

The Spurs tip off the season tonight against the Dallas Mavericks.Remember them?Of course you do.Last year there was an amazing 7 game series featuring the two teams.Everybody remembers the bad seeding (including David Stern) and of course the classic series.After losing to the Mavericks in a heart-breaking Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals last season, the Spurs won't say that revenge is on their minds. (But you all know it is)
"We believe that we should have won it (last season)," said Tim Duncan this week. "We are going to try to go into Dallas and get this one and get a boost to start this season."

Bruce Bowen says it's not about making a statement to the Mavericks, but about starting the season off on the right foot.

"I don't know if it's about sending a message per se," explained Bowen. "But we want to go out and play the best basketball we can in a difficult environment."

Well tonight the Spurs are still unsure if they will have their starting point gaurd in the lineup."It's pretty sore, pretty sore," said Parker after Wednesday's practice. "But I think I'll be alright. I'll see how I feel tomorrow."

Even if Parker feels he's ready to go tonight, the final decision will be made by head coach Gregg Popovich.Im feeling pretty confident he'll go..

Tipoff is at 7:00pm at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Lets rejoice Spurs fans..And to the rest of the fans of the NBA,I say in the immortal words of TO,"Get your popcorn ready" ANNNND

http://s2.simpload.com/1102454a326e3069a.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1102454a326e3069a.gif?server=s2)

That's 6pm Mountain Time here in Colorado!!! 8 EST....don't want you to miss the first hour! Should be a great game. I got my MGD ready and I think I will barbecue a nice steak. I use to be able to listen to Spurs games on WOAI as a kid...I think the signal still reaches Colorado. I loved listening to Sam Smith calling Spur's games back when Doug Moe was their coach. The Spurs and Nuggets were my two favorite ABA teams, before they joined the NBA. But my team will always be the Sixers...they looked good last night beating Atlanta. Good luck Spurs. Manu Ginobli is really Freddie Prinze Jr. :lol:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/Manu_Ginobili__San__215796s-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dreday
11-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Man this Elson kid looks to be something spectacular.A few more games like tonight and he could be the real deal.Frontcourt looks tough.Nice to win those division games on the road.

The bench played solid.Beno had 13 points and NO turnovers.Niiice.Elson 8 points and 3 rebs, cant complain.

I figured Parker would start.You could tell his ankle bothered him a lil bit,but he was hitting his jumper with touch tonight.Cant ask for a better victory, especially one without injuries.W'ell see these guys again on the 24th.Tim needs to step up.Hes the only one I didnt see play well.Anyways I expect him to.More analysis tomorrow.Cavs Fri night.

Rocky Raccoon
11-03-2006, 01:26 AM
looks like you can chock up 2 Spurs losses for December 26th and March 15th Dre :wink:

In_Flames
11-03-2006, 08:54 AM
great game last night....:woot:

SpurzN703
11-03-2006, 10:24 AM
It was actually I who invited Spurs fans,but I wont take it personal.:lol: Anyways yeah I see us getting off too a hot start.We usually handle the Cavs well and the Mavs have some changes that theyll need time to gel with.

:tongue: Well my bad kind sir

SpurzN703
11-03-2006, 10:25 AM
great game last night....:woot:

I cant predict the Dolphins at all but I sure can pick our Spurs.

2-0 tonight baby!

SA 102
CLE 90

dreday
11-03-2006, 11:24 AM
DALLAS — For a few moments, Thursday night felt like all those evenings in May. Jason Terry and Tony Parker traded jump shots. Dirk Nowitzki threw in a 3-pointer. Tim Duncan snatched away a rebound then ducked inside for a layup.

The Spurs and Dallas Mavericks slugged it out as the din of 20,416 fans filled American Airlines Center. Someone even cursed Bruce Bowen for old times' sake.

But in the end, after the Spurs walked off with a 97-91 victory, Thursday night wasn't about last season. Or righting a wrong. For the Spurs, it only meant they were starting over.

"We all believe we had a great opportunity last year," Manu Ginobili said. "But it's gone. We can't do anything about it. We just have to try to forget and learn from our mistakes.

"Probably the only thing that's going to make us forget is to have a great season."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA110306.01D.BKNspurs.mavs.gamer.30a3fc2.html

The victory was sweet.I def think Elson should start.Omberto hasnt proven anything as a starter.He played ok,but with Elson I see another twin towers.Lets get this one tonight too.Go Spurs!!

dreday
11-03-2006, 11:32 AM
looks like you can chock up 2 Spurs losses for December 26th and March 15th Dre :wink:
I dont know how.Neither of those games is a back to back.That seems to be the only thing that paralyzed us in the reg season last year.As long as we control the boards(Which I think w'ell do), and let Michael Redd keep shooting jumpers w'ell be ok.Gonna be tuff for teams to penetrate that middle this year.

Not scared of anybody on your team as a scoring threat besides Michael Redd.If he scores 40, the rest of the team will suffer Rock.Good job beating Detroit at home,but you know and I know they are not the same team that won the championship a few years back.:wink:

dreday
11-03-2006, 11:33 AM
:tongue: Well my bad kind sir
Its all good I see he PM'ed you.Just messin with ya anyway.:dolphins:

DolphinDevil28
11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I can't wait for the Magic and Spurs matchup this year to see the two best centers in the NBA go at it.

That's right, the NBA's two best centers. Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard.

dreday
11-03-2006, 12:03 PM
I can't wait for the Magic and Spurs matchup this year to see the two best centers in the NBA go at it.

That's right, the NBA's two best centers. Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard.

Duncan isnt our center...hes our power forward.Id like to see our new prospect Elson and Howard go at it tho.Dwight Howard is special, perhaps the next NBA star.

SpurzN703
11-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Its all good I see he PM'ed you.Just messin with ya anyway.:dolphins:

I know man :wink:

DolphinDevil28
11-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Duncan isnt our center...hes our power forward.Id like to see our new prospect Elson and Howard go at it tho.Dwight Howard is special, perhaps the next NBA star.

Not to argue with you about your own team...

But Greg Popavich is moving the Spurs to more of a running team to compete with Dallas and Phoenix.

He got rid of the slow Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Muhammad, and even though Duncan is listed as a PF, he really is the Spurs center. He plays in the paint and is the leading rebounder.

You can bet your butt that when the Spurs play the Magic Duncan will be on Dwight Howard.

dreday
11-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Not to argue with you about your own team...

But Greg Popavich is moving the Spurs to more of a running team to compete with Dallas and Phoenix.

He got rid of the slow Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Muhammad, and even though Duncan is listed as a PF, he really is the Spurs center. He plays in the paint and is the leading rebounder.

You can bet your butt that when the Spurs play the Magic Duncan will be on Dwight Howard.
True..Really dont have a true center, and Ill bet you a hundred dollars youll see alot of Elson on Howard too.Elson watch out for him.He did a good job on Dirk.I hope he shines this year.

DolphinDevil28
11-03-2006, 01:52 PM
True..Really dont have a true center, and Ill bet you a hundred dollars youll see alot of Elson on Howard too.Elson watch out for him.He did a good job on Dirk.I hope he shines this year.

I was flipping back and forth between the Spurs game and the Louisville/WV game.

I saw Elson and asked myself, "Where'd this guy come from?" He did look very long and athletic.

dreday
11-03-2006, 02:00 PM
I was flipping back and forth between the Spurs game and the Louisville/WV game.

I saw Elson and asked myself, "Where'd this guy come from?" He did look very long and athletic.
We have Denver to thank for him.They even told us that he was all we would need to beat the Mavs.Hell thats even what SPURS fans are saying."Where did this guy come from?"

dreday
11-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Cleveland (1-0) at San Antonio (1-0) 8:00 pm EST

SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) - The San Antonio Spurs seek their 17th straight home win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday.

The Spurs have not lost at home to the Cavaliers since December 8, 1988. They have no plans of making November 3, 2006 a significant date for the Cavaliers franchise, but do for their own.

Another home-opening win for San Antonio would draw it even with Phoenix and Minnesota at 10 straight, marking the third-longest streak in league history.

Should be a good one.I wanna see how well the addition of Elson helps us in the paint.Should limit their layups a drives to the basket.The frontline gets to put on a show tonight.

dreday
11-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Ah well..Cleveland finally got one in SA.They came in with a good gameplan.They played good d and didnt really turn it over in the first half.The Spurs cant wait til theres 5 minutes left to show a sense of urgency.I guess we wont go 82-0 afterall.

Off to Toronto....Need to play with more fire.Im sure Pop is going to get on these guys.2-1 after Sunday.Book it!!

SpurzN703
11-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Cleveland game stunk but we rebounded with the W in Toronto. Now it's onto kick some Knick a$$.

3-1 here we come

In_Flames
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Cleveland game stunk but we rebounded with the W in Toronto. Now it's onto kick some Knick a$$.

3-1 here we come

:yes:

dreday
11-06-2006, 08:29 PM
2nd night of a back to back.Hopefully and shouldnt have to much trouble with NY tonight.

ChambersWI
11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
getting Elson, and Jackie Butler, were huge for the Spurs.

Elso can block shots, and does have a decent mid range game (and the first couple games he's shown some post moves).

Although Butler isn't playing right now, he's a good rebounder and can score down low. His problem has been that he's still chunky, and needs to bulk up a bit.

I also like the pick ups of Jacque Vaugn (good defensive PG), and James White (rookie SG, who can dunk. just needs to add muscle.)

dreday
11-06-2006, 11:10 PM
getting Elson, and Jackie Butler, were huge for the Spurs.

Elso can block shots, and does have a decent mid range game (and the first couple games he's shown some post moves).
Although Butler isn't playing right now, he's a good rebounder and can score down low. His problem has been that he's still chunky, and needs to bulk up a bit.

I also like the pick ups of Jacque Vaugn (good defensive PG), and James White (rookie SG, who can dunk. just needs to add muscle.)

Yea I really like the Elson kid.He fits nicely with the Spurs rotation.He needs to start.Oberto is pretty much a bum.Seems like hes there to absorb fouls to me.Hes a good rebounder, but he doesnt need to start.

I love the acquisiton of James White. He could win the Slam Dunk contest.Love his atheleticism.I want to see him in a game soon.

dreday
11-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Good game tonight.Got a chance to listen to the game on the Knicks online stream.Got a big 23 point lead and let it evaporate in the 4th.Its all good.Let the kiddies go on a little run but still prevailed.Nice to win that second game of a back to back.Get back to SA and get ready for the Suns.

Brent Barry got into rhythym tonight and had 5 threes.Parker had 24 points and 10 assists.Nice to hear that the bench played well tonight too.Nice road win over a team that might be up and coming.Cant wait til Wednesday night.

SpurzN703
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Big game on Wed vs Phoenix then have 2 days off before the Knickerbockers come into town.

I smell 4-1 a comin'

ChambersWI
11-07-2006, 05:29 PM
[/B]

Yea I really like the Elson kid.He fits nicely with the Spurs rotation.He needs to start.Umberto is pretty much a bum.Seems like hes there to absorb fouls to me.Hes a good rebounder, but he doesnt need to start.

I love the acquisiton of James White. He could win the Slam Dunk contest.Love his atheleticism.I want to see him in a game soon.

White is not ready. He's got great athleticism, but is only 190 lbs.

Overall, The Spurs did a good job reshaping their roster. The bench is so much better than it was last year.

dreday
11-07-2006, 05:53 PM
White is not ready. He's got great athleticism, but is only 190 lbs.

Overall, The Spurs did a good job reshaping their roster. The bench is so much better than it was last year.

That said, I think the Spurs will do everything they can to get him ready.He has a 2year deal,so he has time.The other good thing about him is hes young.The Spurs should be real tough come playoff time.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Tim Duncan's going to win the MVP this year, he looks more motivated then ever which is scary for the rest of the NBA!

dreday
11-08-2006, 11:56 PM
:eek: :eek: **dre3000 wipes his brow**.Im normally not so worried when we play the Suns, but tonight they had a lil fight in em.Spurs showed some resiliency tonight.Need to keep it up.Always nice to win overtime games.Our star of the game::eek: Oberto-what?**dre3000 sends some dap his way**.11-11,man thats wild.Hopefully he continues to play well.4-1 thats a nice start.

Lets win the season series with the Suns.Go Spurs Go!.

Spurs 111 Suns 106 OT

SpurzN703
11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Real tough game last night. Phoenix is a lot tougher then their record (though its too early to tell).

Rest up for 2 nights and get ready to go 5-1 vs NY on Sat.

dreday
11-11-2006, 07:26 PM
SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Tony Parker's productive play is a major reason why the San Antonio Spurs are on a roll.

Parker looks to lead the Spurs to their fourth consecutive victory and second over the New York Knicks in six days when the teams close their season series on Saturday.

The 24-year-old Parker made 11-of 16 shots and finished with 24 points and 10 rebounds for his only double-double of the season to lead the Spurs in Monday's 105-93 victory over the Knicks.

Spurs go for second win over Knicks in six days (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=261111024)

Spurs should be able to duplicate if not improve on the previous victory in NY.Its not as if they have a hot team coming into SA tonight.Hopefully the Spurs are looking to take control early and not look back.

King Felix
11-12-2006, 02:55 AM
blazers play the spurs on my bday so i will be goin to that game.

dreday
11-13-2006, 12:40 AM
blazers play the spurs on my bday so i will be goin to that game.

Spurs play the Rockets Tuesday on my birthday...Hopefully theyll leave me a present.Tha W baby!!:evil:

dreday
11-13-2006, 12:42 AM
SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Tony Parker's productive play is a major reason why the San Antonio Spurs are on a roll.

Parker looks to lead the Spurs to their fourth consecutive victory and second over the New York Knicks in six days when the teams close their season series on Saturday.

The 24-year-old Parker made 11-of 16 shots and finished with 24 points and 10 rebounds for his only double-double of the season to lead the Spurs in Monday's 105-93 victory over the Knicks.

Spurs go for second win over Knicks in six days (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=261111024)

Spurs should be able to duplicate if not improve on the previous victory in NY.Its not as if they have a hot team coming into SA tonight.Hopefully the Spurs are looking to take control early and not look back.

Man Parker is playin the lights out right now...As it goes if he keeps that up he'll be an all-star again.Nice W against NY again.Lookin' forward to Tuesday and the Rockets.

SpurzN703
11-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Big game for first place tomorrow. Lets give Houston a dose of reality :wink:

dreday
11-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Espn Power Rankings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2007&week=2)...Here they are for what theyre worth.

1 (1) Spurs 5-1 November doesn't typically mean much to Spurs, but Oberto and Elson already have Duncan feeling good about the frontcourt help he's going to be getting.
2 (8) Clippers 5-1 I'm eager to take in Clips' challengng trip Tuesday to Utah, just their second roadie all season, because their home games -- no joke -- have been too easy lately.
3 (3) Jazz 6-1 Normally we'd make a big fuss about Kirilenko's latest injury, but AK-47 has been only the seventh-leading scorer (8.4 ppg) so far for scorching Utah.
4 (14) Rockets 5-2 JVG has been saying T-Mac's greatest strength is his decision-making. Judging by T-Mac's 6.4 apg and Yao's early dominance, perhaps they're all in agreement.
5 (4) Cavaliers 4-2 No one in the East has a better record, but Cavs' losses to Bobcats and Hawks were a major letdown after their San Antonio breakthrough. They should be 6-0 or 5-1.
6 (7) Heat 3-3 Second half vs. Sonics. Second half in New Jersey. So make that two glimpses of Miami's ''on'' switch to go with two ugly home losses (Chicago and now Houston).
7 (6) Mavericks 2-4 After a four-game losing streak to end last season and another to start this season, Mavs have actually won two in a row. But they still don't look quite right.
8 (9) Lakers 5-3 Lakers have to capitalize on that favorable early schedule, but there's a catch: Kobe says it'll be ''January or February'' before he's at full strength.
9 (11) Nets 3-2 The only team out there to beat Utah can't exactly celebrate. Not after dropping to 0-2 against Miami just two nights later and losing Jefferson indefinitely.
10 (12) Bulls 3-3 Offensively challenged Bulls need

The Rockets are hot...but the Spurs are a team that can cool them off quickly.Good matchup.

dreday
11-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Man,the Spurs gave me my B-day present.The W.:party:The Rockettes got :0wned: 9 points in the 4th:eek: Is that some kind of record?The Spurs bench was phenomenal in that 3rd quarter.Looks like Robert Horry is alive.Beno was unreal.Thats 7 straight.I'll admit falling behind by 19 had me a lil worried by the end of the 3rd.

The Spurs just made a statement against a team that is probably the 2nd best in the NBA.Thats the kind of game that can make a season. Spurs 92 Rockettes 84

Fear the Spurs NBA!! http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/gospursua3-1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

ChambersWI
11-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Man,the Spurs gave me my B-day present.The W.:party:The Rockettes got :0wned: 9 points in the 4th:eek: Is that some kind of record?The Spurs bench was phenomenal in that 3rd quarter.Looks like Robert Horry is alive.Beno was unreal.Thats 7 straight.I'll admit falling behind by 19 had me a lil worried by the end of the 3rd.

The Spurs just made a statement against a team that is probably the 2nd best in the NBA.Thats the kind of game that can make a season. Spurs 92 Rockettes 84

Fear the Spurs NBA!! http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4584/gospursua3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

it is not a record. The Warriors went scoreless in the 4th 3 years ago vs. Toronto

SpurzN703
11-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Tonight should be a cupcake game. Hopefully we'll have it wrapped up by the end of the 3rd quarter.

7-1 here we come

Rocky Raccoon
11-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Tonight should be a cupcake game. Hopefully we'll have it wrapped up by the end of the 3rd quarter.

7-1 here we come

come again :lol:

Buddwalk
11-16-2006, 04:48 AM
Morrison lit up the best perimeter defender in the game tonight aka bruce bowen...27 points in the bobcats very first victory against the spurs :woot:

SpurzN703
11-16-2006, 10:45 AM
come again :lol:

:couch:

Thats what I get for talking smack. Hey at least my Spurs give me the chance to talk it. What have our Dolphins done lately?

:wink:

SpurzN703
11-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Morrison lit up the best perimeter defender in the game tonight aka bruce bowen...27 points in the bobcats very first victory against the spurs :woot:

I knew talking smack to you would curse us. Good game bro! :wink:

FinsNYanksFan13
11-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Last night's loss was just life in the NBA. As long as the Spurs keep beating the Rockets, Suns, and Mavs, they'll be fine and still look like the best team in the NBA and the favorites to take home another title!

SpurzN703
11-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Last night's loss was just life in the NBA. As long as the Spurs keep beating the Rockets, Suns, and Mavs, they'll be fine and still look like the best team in the NBA and the favorites to take home another title!

Losing stinks but it happens. We're always a shoe-in for the playoffs so the real fun doesn't begin until then. But losing to Charlotte at home just stinks.

Charlotte will be very good if they can hold onto all their players.

Roman529
11-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Adam Morrison looked like the 2nd Coming of Larry Bird against the Spurs last night. Wow. :eek:

dreday
11-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Not much to say other than the Spurs played down to the competition last night....Spurs got what they asked for unfortunately.Spurs normally start slow anyway.Must get back on track tomorrow tho.

Buddwalk
11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
charlottes heading into the right direction for sure the players just need more playing time...hard to believe that emeka okafor isnt even 100% yet and he blocked duncan a couple times last night...19 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 steals

SpurzN703
11-17-2006, 11:03 AM
charlottes heading into the right direction for sure the players just need more playing time...hard to believe that emeka okafor isnt even 100% yet and he blocked duncan a couple times last night...19 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 steals

They kinda have to be, if you keep sucking, eventually all your Top 5 draft picks will make you a good team.

Soon enough, they will be

Buddwalk
11-17-2006, 02:47 PM
They kinda have to be, if you keep sucking, eventually all your Top 5 draft picks will make you a good team.

Soon enough, they will be

yeah morrison was a great pick...21 and 27 points in his only two starts this season

dreday
11-17-2006, 07:13 PM
yeah morrison was a great pick...21 and 27 points in his only two starts this season
The thing I dont really like about him is he really doesnt play defense.He may be a good pickup, but I dont think he'll win ROY.He needs to play better D.

dreday
11-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Another great game by the bench tonight.The Bulls didnt have much go their way in the Texas Triangle this time.I think they were pretty worn out.Anyways, everybody played well.Good win for the Spurs tonight.http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/11/flaged1-1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Spurs 100 Bulls 83

dreday
11-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Spurs 108 Kings 99.Wow Artest was on fire in the first half, but wound up with only 3 points in the second half.T. Duncan 13-17, 35 Pts 14 Rebs,3 assists.Man and 9-11 from the line :eek: Solid.Only undefeated team on the road so far...Lets keep this up tomorrow night in Portland.http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Buddwalk
11-20-2006, 02:14 PM
The thing I dont really like about him is he really doesnt play defense.He may be a good pickup, but I dont think he'll win ROY.He needs to play better D.

obviously you didnt see him shutdown lebron james for 16 points...and yes morrison was on lebron the whole game

dreday
11-21-2006, 02:20 PM
obviously you didnt see him shutdown lebron james for 16 points...and yes morrison was on lebron the whole game

Hell need to do that on a more consistent basis in this league...And whose to say Lebron just didnt have a bad game.W'ell see over time how well he plays D.

dreday
11-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Spurs 107 Blazers 98....Tim,Bowen and Giiiiinnnooooobliiiiiiiiiiiii won this game for us.Im impressed.The Heat on Wednesday.Time to show the Heat who will be replacing them as champs.Go Spurs Go!!

Buddwalk
11-21-2006, 02:36 PM
ginobili...gotta love a kid with that emotion hes still one of my favorite players in the league to watch....him, lbj, and chris paul :yes:

But you gotta love emeka okafor, 22 points 13 rebounds 8 blocks last night

SpurzN703
11-21-2006, 04:45 PM
9-2 and looking good.

Tough stretch coming up with Miami and Dallas coming to AT&T.

I expect us to be 11-2 afterwards

dreday
11-27-2006, 03:12 PM
11-3 lookin good...Spurs looking good so far in the run to the title

SpurzN703
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Gunna lose games here and there. B2B always stink for us.

And of course the 2nd best team in the league is in our division. Gotta love that. Put us in the East and we're in the Finals 25 years straight

dreday
12-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Gotta love the one star for the thread so far :lol: I guess its Haterade time...

Anyways I just heard an interview with Eva I guess TP flew to Los Angeles asked Eva to marry him.The wedding is this summer as is mine.Good job dogg:D

dreday
12-01-2006, 05:43 PM
The Kings tom night...Should be interesting after a few days off.This team needs to get back on course at home.Spurs need to get fired up.

Roman529
12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Wassup Dre!!!??

Looks like Eva Longoria is gonna make an honest man out of Frenchie Parker. :wink:

The Mavs looked like the team to beat out West until Kobe went off on
them last night.

dreday
12-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Wassup Dre!!!??

Looks like Eva Longoria is gonna make an honest man out of Frenchie Parker. :wink:

The Mavs looked like the team to beat out West until Kobe went off on
them last night.

Yea.Tonys the man now...The Mavs the team to beat out west??:confused: :lol: W'ell see...They havent played that many great teams yet.Anyways LA beat Utah last night.Looks like Kobe is returning to form

dreday
12-02-2006, 11:33 PM
San Antonio 100, Sacramento 98

Preview - Box Score - Recap

1 2 3 4 Total

Sacramento 26 19 26 27 98 Final

San Antonio 26 27 27 20 100

Sacramento
Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
J. Salmons 39 10-17 0-1 0-0 2 4 4 1 1 2 4 20
K. Thomas 24 4-7 0-1 2-4 3 6 0 1 2 0 2 10
S. Abdur-Rahim 23 5-7 0-0 1-2 0 4 0 1 0 1 4 11
K. Martin 43 9-15 1-1 11-12 0 4 1 1 3 0 1 30
M. Bibby 41 5-19 0-5 1-2 0 1 9 3 3 0 0 11
B. Miller 27 2-5 0-2 0-0 0 10 4 2 0 1 2 4
R. Price 3 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
F. Garcia 15 1-4 1-2 0-0 2 2 0 2 0 0 4 3
C. Williamson 21 3-5 0-0 3-4 0 8 0 4 2 0 4 9
J. Hart 0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
R. Artest DNP - Sore Lower Back
Q. Douby DNP - Coach's Decision
V. Potapenko DNP - Coach's Decision
M. Taylor DNP - Coach's Decision

Totals 236 39-79 2-12 18-24 7 40 19 15 11 4 23 98
Percentages: .494 .167 .750 Team Rebounds: 9

San Antonio
Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
B. Bowen 43 7-11 6-9 3-3 0 5 1 1 2 1 3 23
T. Duncan 37 6-13 0-0 7-9 5 11 6 3 1 1 4 19
F. Oberto 29 2-6 0-0 1-2 3 7 2 1 0 1 2 5
M. Finley 22 2-8 0-2 1-2 0 1 1 2 1 0 0 5
T. Parker 37 9-13 0-0 2-2 0 2 8 5 1 0 1 20
B. Barry 17 0-6 0-4 1-1 0 4 0 1 1 1 1 1
R. Horry 17 2-2 1-1 4-11 1 4 0 1 2 1 3 9
E. Williams 13 3-7 2-3 0-0 0 1 2 1 0 0 1 8
F. Elson 4 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2 0
B. Udrih 8 2-5 1-2 0-0 0 1 2 2 0 0 1 5
M. Bonner 6 2-2 1-1 0-1 1 2 0 0 0 0 2 5
J. Vaughn 2 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
J. Butler DNP - Coach's Decision
M. Ginobili DNP - Coach's Decision
J. White DNP - Coach's Decision

Totals 235 35-74 11-22 19-31 10 39 22 18 9 5 20 100
Percentages: .473 .500 .613 Team Rebounds: 9

Game Info
Technical Fouls: None
Officials: Courtney Kirkland, Dan Crawford, Jason Phillips

Wasnt too worried.Still sloppy at HOME.Need to get it together at home.No way we can let a 17 point lead dwindle against the Kings.Anyways a W is always good.Spurs will be fine.

dreday
12-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Spurs Win But Popovich Not Pleased

Pop Not Happy (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=F9C9A85B-DC35-40ED-9811-9C0F08339ACA):(

Though the San Antonio Spurs came away from the AT&T Center with a 100-98 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night, head coach Gregg Popovich was less than pleased. In fact, he thought the performance of the Spurs was "pathetic."

"Sacramento came in and did a great job. They played a back-to-back. They got beat to death in Dallas last night ... and then came in and played us the way they did," said Popovich. "And I thought our performance was pathetic."

This team needs to get it together...I mean I dunno what it is,but at home things are looking pretty stagnant.On that note I hope its just that we need to give the new pieces time to gel and things will be alright.I see a pattern and I dont like it.We need to play tougher.-Dre3000

Gregg Popovich Audio

Bruce Bowen Audio

Tim Duncan Audio

Tony Parker Audio

You have to love the idea of a W,but you can tell the players arent very happy with their performances either.....They seem to understand and I think thatll help.Need to play better thats all I'll add.With that..........http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12034573977b0ab8a.gif?server=s1)

dreday
12-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Heres a pic with the new throwbacks.....I like em.They dont come out til Feb,but i'll see if I can get an order placed.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12034573982b446bb.jpg?server=s1)

SpurzN703
12-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Jersey looks hot!

A win is a win, especially early. Once the train starts rolling, we'll be fine

dreday
12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Spurs 129 Warriors 89

RIP Warriors.Hey, the Spurs Im sure got it worse from Popovich last night.The Warriors were victims of circumstance tonight.Brent Barry was incredible.18 off the bench.Nice.Elson with 10 rebs.I like it.Alot.And Dallas LOST.Yes it was a Dre Day!!.Anyways.......

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12044574e73ebfc58.gif?server=s1)

In_Flames
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
didn't we get something like 75 points from our bench vs. the Warriors....:eek:

Amars
12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Great Spurs Moment (http://youtube.com/watch?v=8zipuwPRcEw)

:D

In_Flames
12-05-2006, 01:31 PM

:diaf:

dreday
12-05-2006, 01:42 PM

You know that shot was late right.I watched it 200 hundred times.No doubt in my mind~It was late!!:lol: :D

Amars
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
You know that shot was late right.I watched it 200 hundred times.No doubt in my mind~It was late!!:lol: :D

:lol:

dreday
12-05-2006, 02:02 PM
didn't we get something like 75 points from our bench vs. the Warriors....:eek:
Fear the Spurs NBA!!The Giant has woke up.:D

Amars
12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Fear the Spurs NBA!!The Giant has woke up.:D
:blah:

dreday
12-05-2006, 02:35 PM
:blah:
That game is the first night of a back to back...I see us coming out and playing hard.Its that second night that has been our achilles heel.W'ell see about that this year tho,our bench has been phenemonal.

dreday
12-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Spurs wont be taking Bob cats lightly tonight.....In fact look for the Spurs to open up a can a' http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/120645775ad26e958.jpg?server=s1):lol:

dreday
12-06-2006, 10:14 PM
What? Morrison 1-10 tonight :eek: :eek: I thought he was the next coming of Larry Bird.Guess not.:rolleyes: Think hes got B OWENED distress disorder:lol:

dreday
12-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Spurs 96 Kittens 76

Now thats what an NBA champion looks like kitties.Probably wont be so easy on ya next time either.With that:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/120645777b7494e0e.jpg?server=s1)

Roman529
12-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Bulls 42 Sixers 18 in the 2nd. :tantrum: :boohoo:

dreday
12-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I see...Man whats goin on in Chitown tonight?

dreday
12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
You know Roman come to think of it,Ive been to your teams coach Mo Cheeks pops house in New Orleans a few years back.His dad was real cool.We all BBQ-ed in his back yard.Much fun.

SpurzN703
12-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Gotta love that revenge!

dreday
12-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Well lessee....With the Dallas loss tonight, that puts the Spurs back on top of the division.Its early,but every game adds up in the west.Considering the schedule the Spurs could go on a streak.
SOUTHWEST W L PCT GB HM RD CONF DIV PF PA DIFF STRK L10
San Antonio (2) 14 5 .737 - 6-3 8-2 8-3 2-1 99.7 91.5 +8.2 Won 3 7-3
Dallas (3) 13 6 .684 1 7-3 6-3 8-4 4-2 98.1 94.0 +4.1 Lost 1 8-2
Houston (5) 12 6 .667 1 ½ 8-1 4-5 5-5 3-2 93.1 87.9 +5.2 Lost 1 7-3
NO/Oklahoma City 9 8 .529 4 4-3 5-5 4-6 1-1 93.3 93.5 -0.2 Won 1 5-5
Memphis 5 13 .278 8 ½ 3-4 2-9 1-8 0-4 93.8 96.1 -2.3 Won 1

dreday
12-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I expect the Spurs to come out firing again tonight.If Pop cant get the lead out of em', I dont know who can...Theyve looked good these past 2 games,but have had some time off to think about things.The Clippers have offered us nothing in the regular season as of late,and shouldnt be too much trouble tonight either.

dreday
12-08-2006, 09:54 PM
:eek: :eek: Parker with 10 assists in the first half!His high is 14....58- 39 Spizzurs!!Clippers are done tonight.

dreday
12-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Man, Tony finished with 15 assists...Career high.Clippers gave up tonight.Mondays game might be interesting.Interesting because the question is,is do they recover.22 from Ginobli tonight off the bench....Things just seem to be clicking really well right now.Its about to get SERIOUS!!

Spizzurs 111 Clipped 82

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1208457a2be661b08.gif?server=s1)

dreday
12-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Bring on the Lakers :emjai:

Amars
12-09-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Cmon Dre you know deep down inside you are a lakers fan.

dreday
12-09-2006, 11:15 PM
http://img5.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2006/12/09/0af3042795265461219740dcf8884917.gif

Cmon Dre you know deep down inside you are a lakers fan.

Whateva..:lol: Im looking forward to the Spurs dismantling the Lakers piece by piece tomorrah night!!You can count on that with or without Kobe.Trust me w'ell be looking to lay a collective pounding on Lakerland.:D

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b7c3a1e3ac.gif?server=s1)

Amars
12-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Step away from the darkness and come into the Light.

dreday
12-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Step away from the darkness and come into the Light.

http://www.showtimelakers.com/assets/la_lakers.jpg

The NBA's best
Since more and more NBA watchers have ventured to rank the league's best players, it likewise behooves me to do the same. However, for the sake of brevity, here are what I consider to be the league's top seven players:

1. Tim Duncan: Because he does everything. Score, rebound, pass and defend. And because an outstanding big can directly and indirectly influence any given ball game much more so than a little or a medium.
2. Kobe Bryant: Because he also can do everything (when the spirit and/or Phil Jackson moves him). Kobe is certainly the best non-big in the game, a superb rebounder, an unparalleled clutch scorer, a terrific practitioner of both perimeter shot-making and irresistible penetrations, a potential shut-down defender (see the above qualification) and an adept (if not always an eager) passer. It's his versatility that separates him from the other non-centers.:wink:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6206360

Amars
12-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Cmon Dre we all know who the best. Stop kidding yourself with these beat writers.

Lakers Championship:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/lakerschampionshipcz0-1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Spurs Championship:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/spurschampionshipup7-1.png (http://imageshack.us)

dreday
12-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Cmon Dre we all know who the best. Stop kidding yourself with these beat writers.

Lakers Championship:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7585/lakerschampionshipcz0.png (http://imageshack.us)

Spurs Championship:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6007/spurschampionshipup7.png (http://imageshack.us)

Ahh but when was the last time your team received one of those trophys?...Just like a Laker fan to talk about past trophys :lol: .I see dust on most of those,besides the Spurs are second most win team in history so no hate.They are the Lakers, but they're not THOSE LAKERS that we've hated in the past. It's a different team with a way different mix of talent(save Kobe). Even Kobe has to adjust and until he gets the bigs to dominate the boards, then the Lakers will hard pressed to win 4 out of 7 from the Spurs this year.The Spurs are more talented THIS year and the last few.

Amars
12-10-2006, 12:35 AM
We won 3 this decade more then you.

Just trying to rev myself up for tommorrow.

dreday
12-10-2006, 12:38 AM
We won 3 this decade more then you.

Just trying to rev myself up for tommorrow.

Ah me too Amars...Its just fun to me.You wont see me get all emotional like a woman like some of these fans in here.BUT we won 3 too and our last was in 05' and probably wouldve won last year too had it not been for Ginoblis silly foul in game 7 last year.

Amars
12-10-2006, 12:42 AM

Amars
12-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Also you only won 2 this decade. Your first* was in 1999.

dreday
12-10-2006, 12:43 AM
I didnt see yall nowhere in 99':lol: We wouldve won it anyways

Amars
12-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Del Harris era. I went to the last game in 99 at the Forum vs. the Spurs in the playoffs. Spurs won :fire:

dreday
12-10-2006, 12:47 AM
If you make it.:D

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b91e1bf61a.jpg?server=s1)

dreday
12-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Del Harris era. I went to the last game in 99 at the Forum vs. the Spurs in the playoffs. Spurs won :fire:

That was your problem right there.He still coaches for you guys right?

Amars
12-10-2006, 01:00 AM
That was your problem right there.He still coaches for you guys right?

:lol: That a jokes right.

Phil "The Zen Master" Jackson
Kurt Rambis
Tex Winters
Brian Shaw

Dell is on Dallas i believe.

dreday
12-10-2006, 01:03 AM
:lol: That a jokes right.

Phil "The Zen Master" Jackson
Kurt Rambis
Tex Winters
Brian Shaw

Dell is on Dallas i believe.
:lol:

dreday
12-10-2006, 01:05 AM
99'
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b95e5137c9.jpg?server=s1)

03'
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b964bc8efb.jpg?server=s1)

05'
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b9668bcbae.jpg?server=s1)

07'
Pending

Amars
12-10-2006, 05:18 PM
99'
http://s1.simpload.com/1209457b95e5137c9.jpg (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b95e5137c9.jpg?server=s1)

03'
http://s1.simpload.com/1209457b964bc8efb.jpg (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b964bc8efb.jpg?server=s1)

05'
http://s1.simpload.com/1209457b9668bcbae.jpg (http://show.simpload.com/1209457b9668bcbae.jpg?server=s1)

07'
Pending

LOL your 99 championship ring looks cheap.

Anyway great day today. Dolphins Won and the Lakers are going to stomp on the spurs.

dreday
12-10-2006, 07:03 PM
LOL your 99 championship ring looks cheap.

Anyway great day today. Dolphins Won and the Lakers are going to stomp on the spurs.

We have something for you Laker http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1210457c929780176.gif?server=s1)
Anyways doesnt matter, you all will be shining it after the game tonight.Yes Fins win out and who knows.

Spizzurs 106 Fakerz 90

Get ready for a can a

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1210457c931916e23.jpg?server=s1)

Amars
12-10-2006, 11:39 PM
HAHA Lakers looking good. How do you like our 19yr old shutting down Duncan. These lakers are good and are flying under the radar. Good Half BTW. I didnt know Bruce Bowen went to my College. Learn something new everyday.

dreday
12-10-2006, 11:47 PM
HAHA Lakers looking good. How do you like our 19yr old shutting down Duncan. These lakers are good and are flying under the radar. Good Half BTW. I didnt know Bruce Bowen went to my College. Learn something new everyday.
SCOREBOARD!!:lol: I knew Bynum was good...Look for Tim to heat up in the second half.You guys have an answer for our pure scorer....BOWEN :eek: ?And Ginobli will keep the pressure on.Im thinking we'll pull away again in the second half and not look back.

dreday
12-10-2006, 11:48 PM
LOL at Kwame Browns missed dunk.:D

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:08 AM
ginobli is a constant flopper. Always crying for a foul.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:11 AM
ginobli is a constant flopper. Always crying for a foul.
And Kobe looks to be trying to take over this game...You know what that means right?

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Oh baby TOMAHAWK Dunk by Kobe

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:16 AM
LAMAR with another 3. Who's pulling away? Where Duncan?

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:18 AM
22-3 run. :lol:

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Whaaaaa!!This sucks.We have to quit with the turnovers.Spurs look too anxious.

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:22 AM
It the Lakers D

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Tim didnt show up tonight.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Lakers fired all their rounds...Spurs take it in the 4th

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Still alot of Basketball to be played.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Looks like this one is gonna go down to the wire.

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:40 AM
To bad for holding the lakers under 87pts.

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:41 AM
1. Kobe Bryant: Because he can do everything (when the spirit and/or Phil Jackson moves him). Kobe is certainly the best non-big in the game, a superb rebounder, an unparalleled clutch scorer, a terrific practitioner of both perimeter shot-making and irresistible penetrations, a potential shut-down defender (see the above qualification) and an adept (if not always an eager) passer. It's his versatility that separates him from the other non-centers.

2. Tim Duncan: Because he also does everything. Score, rebound, pass and defend. And because an outstanding big can directly and indirectly influence any given ball game much more so than a little or a medium. :wink:

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:42 AM
1. Kobe Bryant: Because he also can do everything (when the spirit and/or Phil Jackson moves him). Kobe is certainly the best non-big in the game, a superb rebounder, an unparalleled clutch scorer, a terrific practitioner of both perimeter shot-making and irresistible penetrations, a potential shut-down defender (see the above qualification) and an adept (if not always an eager) passer. It's his versatility that separates him from the other non-centers.

2. Tim Duncan: Because he does everything. Score, rebound, pass and defend. And because an outstanding big can directly and indirectly influence any given ball game much more so than a little or a medium. :wink:
Listening to beatwriters I see :lol: It aint over yet

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:45 AM
This just proves its early in the season.Timmy D:shakeno:

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Tony Parker is dope.

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:48 AM
This just proves its early in the season.Timmy D:shakeno:

Ahhh yes. The excuses begin. Keep em comming.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:49 AM
We need stops.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Ahhh yes. The excuses begin. Keep em comming.
No excuses you guys are out hustling us tonight.

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Kwame owns Duncan :lol:

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Kwame owns Duncan :lol:
:lol: For sure...Cant believe that tonight.

Amars
12-11-2006, 12:52 AM
This game is done. GG. Dre you have to admit the lakers are good.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Man Tim didnt show up at all tonight.Hes killing me with them freethrows.

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:54 AM
This game is done. GG. Dre you have to admit the lakers are good.
***Shakes hands with Amars***..Yea Lakers are good.Cant believe we got outclassed by Kwame Brown and Luke Walton.W'ell see you in SA :wink:

dreday
12-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Pop has got to stop with this small ball thing of his...

dreday
12-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Well, time to regroup and get ready for the Clippers...Have got to play better down the stretch in games.The Spurs know better.And Finley needs to stay late after practice and practice....Clippers will be better tommorrow night so need to be prepared.

Roman529
12-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Lakers over Da Spurz......bet Kellys was happy today with the Phin's win huh Dre?. :D

dreday
12-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Lakers over Da Spurz......bet Kellys was happy today with the Phin's win huh Dre?. :D
Yea the place was jammin'....You should havve showed up man.

Roman529
12-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Yea the place was jammin'....You should havve showed up man.

They always lose when I go to Kellys...I jinx them....I loved seeing Brady get benched. :lol:

SpurzN703
12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Nobody's perfect. We all lose every now and again.

dreday
12-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Yes, the main thing is consistency and so far the Spurs have been more consistent than not.I'm not at all worried,this team regroups time after time.No team beats every team,every game.

dreday
12-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Man the Jazz are layin a smackdown on the Mavs tonight...Mavs with a blistering 12 points in the 4th so far:eek: They need it tho.Looks like the Spurs have regrouped from lastnight also........

Amars
12-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Man you guys are shutting down the clips through 3qtr.

dreday
12-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Man you guys are shutting down the clips through 3qtr.
Yea..The Clips dont want anymore of that tonight.Pop Im sure gave some butt-chewin after last nights game.The Western Conference has been tough...but this year its even tougher than previous years.Should be pretty entertaining this year.

Martel
12-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Clips should make a deal for the Answer

dreday
12-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Clips should make a deal for the Answer
They sure need him tonight....He'd be the focal point for sure.Especially since all the decent players they have now would play for the 6ers.

dreday
12-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Barry is 5-6 on 3's tonight...Hope its not the ball.

dreday
12-12-2006, 02:05 AM
I was wrong for thinking the Clips would be better tonight.......game was a bore at best.Spurs 103 Degenerates 81

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1211457e478fa330f.gif?server=s2)

SpurzN703
12-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Go Spurs Go!

dreday
12-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Preview of tonights game:http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA121306.06C.BKNspurs.wolves.preview.2f703d6.html

Wednesday: Spurs (16-6) vs. Timberwolves (10-9)

Web Posted: 12/12/2006 11:04 PM CST

San Antonio Express-News

Time: 7 p.m.
TV: KMYS
Radio: WOAI-AM 1200
SPURS
Starters TIMBERWOLVES
Starters
No. Player Ht. Yr. Pos. No. Player Ht. Yr.
9 Tony Parker 6-2, 6th yr PG 13 Mike James 6-2, 6th yr
James is averaging 19.8 points while making 11 of 25 3-pointers in December.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 Manu Ginobili 6-6, 6th yr SG 31 Ricky Davis 6-7, 9th yr
Davis averaging 17.6 points in team's 10 victories; 10.9 points in nine losses.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 Bruce Bowen 6-7, 11th yr SF 23 Trenton Hassell 6-5, 6th yr
Hassell has scored in double digits each of past two games; three times all season.

21 Tim Duncan 6-11, 10th yr PF 21 Kevin Garnett 6-11, 12th yr
Duncan averaged 15.8 points (on 37.5 percent shooting) against Wolves last season.

16 Francisco Elson 7-0, 4th yr C 30 Mark Blount 7-0, 7th yr
Elson made first start of season in Monday's victory over Los Angeles Clippers.

SpurzN703
12-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Back to Back again coming up. Hopefully we have this game locked down early so some guys can take it easy for tomorrow's game

dreday
12-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Back to Back again coming up. Hopefully we have this game locked down early so some guys can take it easy for tomorrow's game
Yea back to back coming up.Kinda funny how those were the games that gave the Spurs trouble last year,but they still won a Spurs record 63 games.I hope the bench keeps playing the way they are this year,I think w'ell be alot stronger in back-to-backs.

SpurzN703
12-13-2006, 04:18 PM

Caption this one :lol: :lol:

Buddwalk
12-13-2006, 04:33 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e3/full.getty-71797446ab013_spurs_clipper_1_44_32_am.jpg

you have to be this tall to ride this ride

dreday
12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e3/full.getty-71797446ab013_spurs_clipper_1_44_32_am.jpg

Coach Pop:Pssst dont pass it to Finley,hes gonna build a brickhouse tonight, he's already 1-22

Duncan:I know coach, but my wife is friends with his,and if I dont he wont buy liquor anymore.Besides you are thinking of cutting him....Right??

dreday
12-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Big Fundamental (http://www.slamduncan.com/)

Ginnnnnnnnooobbbbbllliiii (http://usa.manuginobili.com/)

Bruce Bowen "BB" (http://www.brucebowen.com/home.html)

TP-9 (http://sanantonio.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=sanantonio&cdn=citiestowns&tm=10&gps=91_413_796_386&f=00&su=p284.21.140.ip_&tt=3&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.tp9.net/en/index1.php)
Download Spurs Screensaver here:

http://www.brucebowen.com/fanzone.html

Also todays featured Silver Dancer....Nicole (http://www.nba.com/spurs/dance/sd0607_nicole.html)

Official Spurs website:Spurs Website (http://www.nba.com/spurs/)

dreday
12-13-2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12134580826d626b5.jpg?server=s1)

dreday
12-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Little bit of a slow start tonight...Let em get out to a 16 point lead in the first half.Got on track in the second half...Timmy,Tony,and Brent Barry played sensational.The rest of everybody else did what they do well.Go Spurs Go!!

Spizzurs 95 Wolves 82

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12134580c5324e119.gif?server=s1)

SpurzN703
12-14-2006, 11:37 AM
It looks like Timmy is making shadow puppets and Pop is in deep awe :lol:

SpurzN703
12-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Little bit of a slow start tonight...Let em get out to a 16 point lead in the first half.Got on track in the second half...Timmy,Tony,and Brent Barry played sensational.The rest of everybody else did what they do well.Go Spurs Go!!

Spizzurs 95 Wolves 82

http://s1.simpload.com/12134580c5324e119.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12134580c5324e119.gif?server=s1)

Talk about a surprise. 53-38 late in the 2nd qtr? :eek: Minny isn't that good!
Thats why we play 4 quarters :wink:

dreday
12-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Our featured Silver Dancer For Today is Tina....3rd year vet who is just simply gorgeous...love the dark brunette look.Seems like an in interesting chick.

Tina (http://www.nba.com/spurs/dance/sd0607_tina.html)

dreday
12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
The Spurs game on December 22, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. versus the Houston Rockets will now be broadcast nationally on ESPN.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/broadcast_change_061213.html

This is very cool.....

dreday
12-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Spurs 17-6 VS. Hornets 10-10

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/061214.html

It's been just three days since the New Orleans Hornets played a home game, but it's been much longer since they played a game in New Orleans.

The Hornets take on the league's best road team Thursday when they face the San Antonio Spurs at the New Orleans Arena, their first time playing at the venue in more than a month.

dreday
12-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Watching tonights game,Im realizing that The Hornets are severely shorthanded.......So there will be no gloating from me at all tonight.NONE.Pop has the boys ready.Go Spurs Go!

dreday
12-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Too bad she likes Seinfeld...The show about nothing,and to me is well....nothing.Other than that shes a sweetie pie.Another hot brunette.Grace (http://www.nba.com/spurs/dance/sd0607_grace.html)

dreday
12-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Spurs 18-6 vs. 76ers 5-17

Manu Ginobili is proving to be healthy for the San Antonio Spurs, who continue to thrive. The Philadelphia 76ers' roster, meanwhile, is far from whole and it's reflected in their current skid.
http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/061216.html

Lets close out this month on a positive note Spurs.The 76ers are hurting,but lets not take them lightly.Even tho they're losing,they seem to be playing with alot of heart.

Go Spurs Go!

TXfins54
12-16-2006, 05:46 PM
wow there are so many spurs fans outside of texas its crazy

Amars
12-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Crazy things happen when you start winning. Ive have even seen Patriots fans pop out every where in CA. I couldnt find a Pats fan in the 90's.

dreday
12-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Ive been a Spurs fan since the 83-84 season...Also I lived In SA for 2 years,San Angelo for another 2.My bro lived there and weve been to plenty home games.Once I get with a team,I stay faithful.Always been a Spurs fan,always will be.

I always liked George Gervins' the "Iceman"style of play,thats really what turned me on to the Spurs' moreso than anything.

dreday
12-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Phew!!Wheres Roman?:lol: I knew the 6ers would come into SA and play hard...Not a good game and not a bad game by the Spurs tonight.The only way the 6ers come back is if it becomes "scrubs on scrubs",and thats what happened tonight.Even the scrubs slept walked for the Spurs tonight.They played it tite in the last few,but noway were the Spurs gonna let this one slip away.Good game.Go Spurs Go!!

SpurzN703
12-18-2006, 12:08 PM
wow there are so many spurs fans outside of texas its crazy

I've only been to Texas once. Game against New Orleans 1-2 years ago. We won by 9 I think. The last game before the Rodeo Trip :wink:

SpurzN703
12-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I've been a fan for 15 years. Only NBA team I've ever liked. D-Rob was and is my fave player of all time.

Tim is ok too :goof:

dreday
12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12194588ce7550961.jpg?server=s1)

dreday
12-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Spurs 19-6 vs. Grizzlies 6-19

The San Antonio Spurs look to win their sixth straight home game on Wednesday when they face the Memphis Grizzlies, one of the worst road teams in the league.

After going 34-7 at the AT&T Center last season, the Spurs (19-6) are 9-3 at home this season. That record includes an 8-0 mark when scoring at least 100 points, including a 103-98 win over Philadelphia on Saturday in their most recent outing.

Shouldnt be too much trouble for the Spurs tonight.They own the worst record on the road this year.NEVER take anyone lightly tho.Lets smash em'!!

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/061220.html

SpurzN703
12-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Do we ever blowout the worst teams in the league? :lol:

Bumpus
12-21-2006, 01:19 PM

As long as we keep winning, I'll be happy.

My Dolphins are a disappointment, as are my Mountaineers, and the Penguins look like they're about to leave Pitt. after this season ... if the Spurs tank too, I'll freakin' snap. <where's the smilie for "postal">

dreday
12-21-2006, 01:30 PM

Just a case of playing down to teams.Master Bruce got us thru this one.NBA's best team at this point.

Spizzurs 105 Grizz 98

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1221458ac5f5ac53a.gif?server=s1)

dreday
12-21-2006, 01:35 PM
As long as we keep winning, I'll be happy.

My Dolphins are a disappointment, as are my Mountaineers, and the Penguins look like they're about to leave Pitt. after this season ... if the Spurs tank too, I'll freakin' snap. <where's the smilie for "postal">

Definitely.Winning cures all.

Roman529
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Phew!!Wheres Roman?:lol: I knew the 6ers would come into SA and play hard...Not a good game and not a bad game by the Spurs tonight.The only way the 6ers come back is if it becomes "scrubs on scrubs",and thats what happened tonight.Even the scrubs slept walked for the Spurs tonight.They played it tite in the last few,but noway were the Spurs gonna let this one slip away.Good game.Go Spurs Go!!

I'm here Dre ...what did I miss? I wonder if Melo's suspension will get shortened if they have to cancel some Nugget's games with the blizzard? :eek: I also loved George Gervin...he had the sweetest finger roll...he would just flip it over everyone and hit nothing but net. He also had a really sweet jump shot.

dreday
12-22-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm here Dre ...what did I miss? I wonder if Melo's suspension will get shortened if they have to cancel some Nugget's games with the blizzard? :eek: I also loved George Gervin...he had the sweetest finger roll...he would just flip it over everyone and hit nothing but net. He also had a really sweet jump shot.

That post was in reference to the Spurs-6ers game.Anyways havent really heard much about Melos suspension.Last I heard he wasnt appealing it.

Yeah the "Iceman" was the first player that I idolized.Loved Dr J and Magic,but the Iceman was my fav.He played on my fav team and he seemed to score at will.I remember being a kid,and one night hed score 44,Id predict the next night hed score 45.The amazing thing is he WOULD.I patterned my game after his.Had to love those high scoring games with the other Western Conf teams that played no defense.Definitely a different era now tho.

BTW Im getting tix for that Jan 10 game at the Pepsi Center when the Spurs come to town.Should be fun.Hopefully the Spurs can continue to be the best team in the NBA...........Go Spurs Go!!!!

dreday
12-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Spurs 21-7vs. Bucks 13-14

Mo Williams is playing so well for the Milwaukee Bucks, even Tony Parker might be jealous.

The two ultra-quick point guards will square off for the first time this season when Williams and the Bucks visit Parker and the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/061226.html

One of the craziest games in Spurs history took place on 3/6/82 vs. the Bucks in the HemisFair Arena … the Spurs beat the Bucks 171-166 in triple overtime … the Spurs 171 points that night is a club record and their combined point total of 337 is the second highest total ever recorded in NBA history…

Spurs need to amp it up at home these days...Seems like theyre losing a lil bit of luster on the home court.The Bucks are riding a 4 game win streak and probably feeling confident they can come in and steal one...Need to lay a smackdown on Milwaukee.

dreday
12-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Spurs mix it up when they pick cheerleaders...Rebecca likes seafood and her fav player is Manu...see more here Rebecca (http://www.nba.com/spurs/dance/sd0607_rebecca.html)

Rocky Raccoon
12-27-2006, 03:28 PM
good game last night guys. Looks like my Bucks are finally starting to get on a roll, that's 5 in a row now.

dreday
12-27-2006, 03:56 PM
good game last night guys. Looks like my Bucks are finally starting to get on a roll, that's 5 in a row now.

Yea looks like your backcourt is gettin it together....We were shorthanded lastnight,but thats still no excuse for the breakdowns on D.Spurs havent played well at home this year.

dreday
12-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Jazz 21-8

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12284594164774a0f.gif?server=s2) vs

Spurs 21-8

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12284594167f27741.gif?server=s2)

The last time the Utah Jazz beat the San Antonio Spurs in Texas, Karl Malone led them to victory. Three years after Malone's final season, the Jazz look to end their drought at San Antonio when they take on the Spurs at the AT&T Center on Thursday.

Utah (21-8) has dropped 14 straight road games against the Spurs by an average margin of 15.2 points. The last Jazz victory in San Antonio came 101-87 on May 2, 1999, as Malone scored 30 points and Tim Duncan had 21 to lead the Spurs.

This year's Jazz are coming off a 102-92 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday. Mehmet Okur scored 24 points, including eight in the critical final two minutes, while Carlos Boozer added 26 points and 10 rebounds and Deron Williams had 21 points.

http://www.nba.com/games/20061228/UTASAS/preview.html

Spurs need to take advantage of this mini-home stand.They usually dont play that well during the first part of seasons,but need to beat the Jazz tonight.They havent won in SA since 1999..Lets keep it that way.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1228459417bd92754.gif?server=s2)

dreday
12-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Spurs came to play tonight.8 blocks,and everybody in a Spizzurs uni scored tonight.Spurs need to keep this up...Seems like they were motivated tonight.Hmm are the Jazz that good?I dunno yet,but they looked baaad tonight.Paybacks a motha.:whistle:

Spurs 106 Jazz 83

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/12294595b43ad6f9e.jpg?server=s2)

The Spurs' Robert Horry blocks a shot by Utah's Gordan Giricek.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/122845948cf13baa2.jpg?server=s2)

dreday
12-31-2006, 10:13 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/123145986e9d1c90a.jpg?server=s2)

San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili (20), of Argentina, drives to the basket past Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson during the second half an NBA basketball game in San Antonio, Sunday, Dec. 31, 2006. (AP Photo/Doug Sehres)

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Tim Duncan beat the stomach flu -- and the Atlanta Hawks.

Duncan had 17 points, 11 rebounds and two blocks, and Tony Parker scored 27 points to help the San Antonio Spurs beat the Hawks 95-81 on Sunday.

"(Duncan) did a great job, especially with the way he was feeling yesterday," said Manu Ginobili, who missed a game Tuesday night because of the bug.

"When I was first feeling bad, the following day I was feeling terrible. So I was surprised. I didn't expect him to contribute much."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=261231024

Seems like the flu bug is going around.Hopefully everybody can get back healthy soon.I really like the way Matt Bonner is playing.Really learning the system well.Good work tonight Spizzurs.....Go Spurs Go!!

In_Flames
01-01-2007, 07:50 PM
SpurzN703 I PM'd ya over a Manu sig. with your username I made, welcome to use it if ya want...:wink:

dreday
01-02-2007, 09:19 PM
SpurzN703 I PM'd ya over a Manu sig. with your username I made, welcome to use it if ya want...:wink:

Theres some wallpapers in the graphics area.If you wanna make sigs out of those you can.305 was working on some,but I havent heard from him.

dreday
01-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Mavs 25-7

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/0105459e8c4a50596.gif?server=s2)

vs.

Spurs 23-10

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/0105459e8c9c9bf96.gif?server=s2)

The Dallas Mavericks have held 11 consecutive opponents under 100 points while winning 12 straight games.

They look to extend both those streaks as the Mavericks play the San Antonio Spurs in a matchup of two defensive-minded teams Friday at the AT&T Center.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/070105.html

Should be another good one tonight.The Mavs have a 12 game win streak....Looking pretty good right now.Hey they look pretty good in Jan,but will they choke again in either the Finals or WC finals?Its the same Dallas team,but Mavs fans will say the are more experienced.W'ell see.The Spurs on the other hand havent played very well these last 2 games.Hopefully getting back to the T will help recharge the Spurs batteries.Big game for the Spurs tonight.The Mavs are still the Spurs lil brother til they win a title....I expect the Spurs to come out with some fire.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/0105459e8e8fe3fc6.jpg?server=s2)

Amars
01-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Did you see that? I hope you took notes on how to beat the Mavs. Lakers 101 - 98 Mavs.

Your Welcome.

dreday
01-08-2007, 01:57 AM
Did you see that? I hope you took notes on how to beat the Mavs. Lakers 101 - 98 Mavs.

Your Welcome.

Couldve been a foul on that last play with Terry...Good no call tho :lol: Spurs will prolly make some changes here soon.The Mavs are good, but they arent blowing us out of the building.W'ell see how good they are in May.Good job tonight.

King Felix
01-08-2007, 02:14 AM
blazers play spurs on tuesday, then mavs on wednsday :shakeno:

dreday
01-08-2007, 02:15 AM
blazers play spurs on tuesday, then mavs on wednsday :shakeno:

Should be fun...We havent been playing well lately.

King Felix
01-08-2007, 02:22 AM
they played spurs strong earlier this season for 3 quaters till manu took over.....roy didnt play the first time....imo it wont be very fun :(

dreday
01-08-2007, 02:27 AM
they played spurs strong earlier this season for 3 quaters till manu took over.....roy didnt play the first time....imo it wont be very fun :(

Well Manu is on fire right now.Hopefully he can keep it up.Our second halfs of games have been kinda bad.We need to get Elson back for his D and trade for a backup point guard.Also another SF....W'ell be really strong again if this happens.

SpurzN703
01-08-2007, 11:09 AM
We've been shaky the last week or two but I feel every team has a period like this. We'll still be top 3 in the conference comes playoff time

SpurzN703
01-08-2007, 11:10 AM

Your Welcome.

Thanks a very much!

dreday
01-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Im more concerned with playoff time.Need to be ready.Western Conference is like the killing fields.Hopefully we can make a couple of moves soon.

dreday
01-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Blazers 14-21

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/010945a3e57644398.gif?server=s2)

vs.

Spurs 24-11

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/010945a3e5afa100c.gif?server=s2)

The San Antonio Spurs snapped a three-game losing streak without Tony Parker, but they'd like to have their All-Star point guard back in the lineup as soon as possible.

With Parker dealing with a strained right hip, the Spurs host the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/070109.html

The Blazers generally dont present many problems for the Spurs.That said, the Spurs need to play hard and take care of home.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/010945a3e67c75a0e.gif?server=s2)

dreday
01-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Blazers fell apart in the second half of this one.Spurs need to be more consistent in the second half of games.Maybe this is a start.Now back to my show "House".

Spurs 98 Blazers 84

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/010945a45fce1b5d6.gif?server=s2)

SpurzN703
01-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Need to win this game tonight. Then get a 2 day break and welcome the Wizards in town on Sat.

Go Spurs Go!

dreday
01-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I'll be at the game tonight.Row 7 Section 334.Dont see how the Nuggets present matchup problems even with the return of J.R Smith.Camby doesnt scare me and Boykins I hear is hurt.No way the Nuggets should win.Spurs are basically healthy except for Elson.Good game for the Spurs offense to get on track.

dreday
01-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Spurs 25-11

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011045a51f97f37da.jpg?server=s2)

vs.

Nuggets 17-15

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011045a51f006b1d3.jpg?server=s2)

Spurs-Nuggets Preview

Allen Iverson has had a difficult time adjusting since he was traded last month to the Denver Nuggets. Playing without the team's top two scorers hasn't made his transition any easier.

Iverson will get some help with the return of J.R. Smith on Wednesday when the Nuggets face the San Antonio Spurs at the Pepsi Center.

Denver (17-15) is only 3-6 since acquiring Iverson in a blockbuster trade with Philadelphia on Dec. 20, but has been playing without Smith and league scoring leader Carmelo Anthony, both suspended for their actions in a brawl with the New York Knicks on Dec. 16.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070110/SASDEN/preview.html

Like I said I dont think the Nuggets present too much of a problem.The matchups just arent there for them.I hope we smash em good tonight.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011045a520a611a39.gif?server=s2)

Roman529
01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Nugs-Spurs coming up on ESPN just as soon as Duke and Ga Tech finish their game. :tantrum:

Roman529
01-10-2007, 10:04 PM
I'll be at the game tonight.Row 7 Section 334.Dont see how the Nuggets present matchup problems even with the return of J.R Smith.Camby doesnt scare me and Boykins I hear is hurt.No way the Nuggets should win.Spurs are basically healthy except for Elson.Good game for the Spurs offense to get on track.

Wish I could have headed up there, but I am watching my niece and nephew....will be nice to watch on tv.

King Felix
01-11-2007, 12:00 AM
......good game last night i guess

Roman529
01-11-2007, 05:10 AM
Pretty good game....AI looked good but did not get too much help offensively......Manu Ginobli was having a bad game but then started to playing well in the 2nd half. The Nuggets D gave up all kinds of layups to Parker and Duncan. The Nugs should be ok when Melo gets back. The Spurs have a lot of depth and can bring in all kinds of players...that should help them out come playoff time. Bowens also had a nice game tonight.

SpurzN703
01-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Pretty good game....AI looked good but did not get too much help offensively......Manu Ginobli was having a bad game but then started to playing well in the 2nd half. The Nuggets D gave up all kinds of layups to Parker and Duncan. The Nugs should be ok when Melo gets back. The Spurs have a lot of depth and can bring in all kinds of players...that should help them out come playoff time. Bowens also had a nice game tonight.

Again AI takes too many shots. He had a good game but at one stretch during the 3rd quarter, it looked like he took the last 10 shots of qtr.

It will be very interesting seeing him and Anthony on the floor

SpurzN703
01-11-2007, 11:21 AM
......good game last night i guess

Thanks for getting smoked by Dallas :fire: :lol:

dreday
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Nugs-Spurs coming up on ESPN just as soon as Duke and Ga Tech finish their game. :tantrum:

Was a good game last night.I cant believe how small AI looked in person.Hes SO quick tho.He and Parker have to be the fastest men in the NBA.He cant be six feet tall.Boykins is a small 5'3 too.

Anyways,the Spurs really controlled the tempo of this game from the getgo.The Nuggets had a few brightspots as Iverson had a really good game.Funny how Nuggets fans have actually grown some balls and talk ALOT more trash than they ever have.Well they get to chalk up another L in the L column.:lol:

Parker had his way with the Nuggs D in the second half.They really looked soft lastnight.Im not so sure Melo wouldve helped that much.It wasnt that they were having a problem scoring,the Spurs just dictated the tempo.

Spizzurs 92 Nuggs 83

Cant wait for the next one LOL

SpurzN703
01-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah man towards the end of the game the fans were all booing and talking smack on even the most obvious of fouls.

Sour grapes :wink:

dreday
01-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Wizards 20-15

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011345a95e567a8f9.jpg?server=s2)

vs.

Spurs 26-11

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011345a95ed215276.jpg?server=s2)

Following a season-high three-game losing streak, the San Antonio Spurs have rebounded with three straight wins.

A renewed effort on defense seems to be responsible for the turnaround, but the Spurs are likely to receive a challenge when they face the high-scoring Washington Wizards at the AT&T Center on Saturday.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/070113.html

Spurs need to limit Wizards scoring,specifically Arenas.Keep him under 40 and make the Wizards play defense should be the gameplan.More energy on defense = too tired to score.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011345a95fe3beded.gif?server=s2)

dreday
01-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Spurs 93 Wizards 80

Really wasnt even that close.Manu was a monster tonight.Anyways back to the Saints game.

King Felix
01-13-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/01/thumbgetty71796759sf002lq4-1.jpg

edit:that was supposed to be bigger

dreday
01-14-2007, 12:07 AM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2494/thumbgetty71796759sf002lq4.jpg

edit:that was supposed to be bigger

Nope you had it right :lol: A small poster after a loss is correct :sidelol:

King Felix
01-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Nope you had it right :lol: A small poster after a loss is correct :sidelol:lol idc about the loss, i just wanted that to show up bigger, and i cant find a clean pic of websters clean block on duncan

dreday
01-14-2007, 12:11 AM
lol idc about the loss, i just wanted that to show up bigger, and i cant find a clean pic of websters clean block on duncan

Ah ok...You do that while the Spurs continue to rack up W's.:cooldude: :evil: :lol:

King Felix
01-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Ah ok...You do that while the Spurs continue to rack up W's.:cooldude: :evil: :lol:i will, its not like i expected the blazers to beat them

Phins28
01-16-2007, 01:49 AM
What happened today with the mighty Spurs? Bulls 99 Spurs 87 and without Duhon and Wallace.

SpurzN703
01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
What happened today with the mighty Spurs? Bulls 99 Spurs 87 and without Duhon and Wallace.

What happened in San Antonio when we won 100-83? You win at home and so do we. I don't see the smack being valid

SpurzN703
01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Also, Phoenix or Dallas will be the NBA Champions. They are too good, even for us. Get ready for them to hoist the trophy

Amars
01-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Also, Phoenix or Dallas will be the NBA Champions. They are too good, even for us. Get ready for them to hoist the trophy

:shakeno:
What kinda of spurs fan are u. Giving up before the allstar break already.

SpurzN703
01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
:shakeno:
What kinda of spurs fan are u. Giving up before the allstar break already.

In your opinion sure, but in no way am I giving up. I've been a Spurs fan since I was 10, so try not to question my committment to my boys.

But Dallas and Phoenix have had TWO win streaks of at least 10 games this year. How the hell can you compare to that?

We're not athletic enough to hang with them.

SpurzN703
01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
We're still Top 5 in the west, which is the Top 5 in the league since the East stinks.

I see us going to the 2nd round and bowing out.

You call that giving up, that's fine. I'll be there through thick and thin.

Amars
01-16-2007, 01:00 PM
In your opinion sure, but in no way am I giving up. I've been a Spurs fan since I was 10, so try not to question my committment to my boys.

But Dallas and Phoenix have had TWO win streaks of at least 10 games this year. How the hell can you compare to that?

We're not athletic enough to hang with them.

Regular season is not the playoffs. Ask the colts and the chargers.

FinsNYanksFan13
01-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I think the Spurs are on cruise control until the playoffs. I think their past the stage of winning division championships and are focused on one thing and one thing only. I don't think their the favorites to win the West like they've been in the past but they are capable of beating the Suns and Mavs in the playoffs. IMO San Antonio is playing to win a championship, not a division title this year!

dreday
01-16-2007, 02:28 PM
I think the Spurs are on cruise control until the playoffs. I think their past the stage of winning division championships and are focused on one thing and one thing only. I don't think their the favorites to win the West like they've been in the past but they are capable of beating the Suns and Mavs in the playoffs. IMO San Antonio is playing to win a championship, not a division title this year!

I agree..You cant really put money on what happens in the reg season vs. the playoffs.I'll never say Phoenix or Dallas will win it all.I'll wait for them to go out and do it first.Everybody knows they are good,but so are the Spurs and theyve been there before.If anybody can do it again I have faith in the Spurs.

SpurzN703
01-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Regular season is not the playoffs. Ask the colts and the chargers.

We used to be able to use that excuse, which of course we couldnt last year since Dallas went to the Finals.

F Dallas though, I can't stand that team. I'm with my Spurs all the way. Anyone but Dallas

SpurzN703
01-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I agree..You cant really put money on what happens in the reg season vs. the playoffs.I'll never say Phoenix or Dallas will win it all.I'll wait for them to go out and do it first.Everybody knows they are good,but so are the Spurs and theyve been there before.If anybody can do it again I have faith in the Spurs.

I guess I'm just used to us being #1 in the league. We're a spoiled fanbase aren't we? :wink:

It's nice though, considering the embarassment our Phins bring us every year

Amars
01-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Anyways you guys ready to get smacked by Lakers again on Wednesday.

dreday
01-16-2007, 06:30 PM

Eh...negative.How much longer is your boy gonna be out?

dreday
01-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I guess I'm just used to us being #1 in the league. We're a spoiled fanbase aren't we? :wink:

It's nice though, considering the embarassment our Phins bring us every year

It happens to every championship team man.Look at the Pats.As much as everybody thought they wouldnt make it, look where they are.

Amars
01-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Eh...negative.How much longer is your boy gonna be out?

ETA Jan 23 :pray:

SpurzN703
01-17-2007, 12:14 PM

Spurs win. Book it

SpurzN703
01-17-2007, 12:14 PM
It happens to every championship team man.Look at the Pats.As much as everybody thought they wouldnt make it, look where they are.

This season sure is different though. Pho and Dal look so frickin' good.

dreday
01-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Lakers 25-13

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011745ae5f75e12e6.jpg?server=s2)

vs

Spurs 27-12

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011745ae5fae91170.jpg?server=s2)

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/070117.html

San Antonio enters tonight's game after having its four-game winning streak snapped with a 99-87 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Monday.

Tony Parker was limited to a season-low six points on 3-of-9 shooting as the Spurs made 39.5 percent from the field, just the second time in 23 games they were held below 40 percent.

All I have to say is....Paybacks A Mutha!!Lakers dont play well on the road and they are not stealing one tonight.Look for the Spurs to take over the game early against the Odomless Lakers.Look for the Lakers to receive a good Spurs whoopin'

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/011745ae608596b8d.jpg?server=s2)