PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Louisville game....

D-Rock
11-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Draft threads belong in the draft forum.

I have to say that I am really impressed with Brian Brohm, the QB of Louisville...... I always overlooked him when he was beating Miami, but no I can say with no hard feelings that this kid is pretty good. Everyone is talking about Brady Quinn but I think he could be right up there :dolphins:

Is he going into the draft this year? :dolphins:

D_BO
11-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Maybe the stickys on the top of the page should be a different color?

lotion
11-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Its great to see to offenses like this. Maybe one day we'll see an offense for the fins that can score at will.

Stitches
11-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Draft threads belong in the draft forum.

I have to say that I am really impressed with Brian Brohm, the QB of Louisville...... I always overlooked him when he was beating Miami, but no I can say with no hard feelings that this kid is pretty good. Everyone is talking about Brady Quinn but I think he could be right up there :dolphins:

Everyone has been talking about both of them. There is only less talk about Brohm because he is a junior.

23Dolphins34
11-02-2006, 11:59 PM
I have to say that I am really impressed with Brian Brohm, the QB of Louisville.:dolphins:

I'm going to say,no. The Brohm's are the 1st family of Louisville football, father played there, brother played there. I'll be extremely surprised if he did declare.

Majpain
11-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Is he staying another year? I think he should. He could possibly be the number 1 pick next year and lead Louisville to a national title game. Plus isnt Bush a Soph?

adamprez2003
11-03-2006, 12:01 AM
I think the injuries he's had while at Louisville and the fact that he might go number 1 overall might cause him to declare but you're point about the Brohm legacy is a good one and one I hadnt considered

Stitches
11-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Is he staying another year? I think he should. He could possibly be the number 1 pick next year and lead Louisville to a national title game. Plus isnt Bush a Soph?

Brohm could be number 1 this year, and both he and Bush are juniors.

Majpain
11-03-2006, 12:22 AM

I still think they should stay. They have a good shot winning it all next year. Well we will see how OSU fills in the QB situation :lol::wink:

mmikel30
11-03-2006, 12:24 AM
do you think brohm might be somewhat .....a lil off on his acuracy ?

D-Rock
11-03-2006, 12:30 AM
do you think brohm might be somewhat .....a lil off on his acuracy ?
i see what you mean, some of his passes where a bit high tonight......

mmikel30
11-03-2006, 12:46 AM
i see what you mean, some of his passes where a bit high tonight......i didn't wana come out and say he is to inacurate (fear of ridicule)..... but from what i observed he is off on accuracy alot a times the recivers had to stop their progress to adjust to some of the passes brohm threw he is well protected back there too it might be me but i don't see a future pro browler there maybe i am wrong but that'a what you want if your drafting top 5 where he might go if selected acording to the fans here yep you pick top 5 you should be getting future pro bowler

jbyrd423
11-03-2006, 01:04 AM
give him time he was just hurt. half of u probly have never seen him play before tonite but he has been a stud this year and last. in my opnion he ismuch better than quinn

adamprez2003
11-03-2006, 01:06 AM
i didn't wana come out and say he is to inacurate (fear of ridicule)..... but from what i observed he is off on accuracy alot a times the recivers had to stop their progress to adjust to some of the passes brohm threw he is well protected back there too it might be me but i don't see a future pro browler there maybe i am wrong but that'a what you want if your drafting top 5 where he might go if selected acording to the fans here yep you pick top 5 you should be getting future pro bowler

he's got a thumb injury thats still healing. Keep watching him. As his thumb fully heals his accuracy will get even better

mmikel30
11-03-2006, 01:15 AM
he's got a thumb injury thats still healing. Keep watching him. As his thumb fully heals his accuracy will get even betteryou probably right and he seems to have it all other wise gets that acuracy straight he should be good i'm not sold on quinn but there are alot of norte dame fans and quinn guys in here that will tell you he is like the greatest thing since swiss cheese i think brohm may have the stronger arm and may be more talented but you never know i thought alex smith was gonna be a great qb just by watching a few college games apeared to have it all and plus he had like one of the best wonderlic scores ever then i thought for sure he was gonna be agreat player he still has time though

phin-fan34MDH
11-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey Guys, I just got back from the game. I am the captain of U of L's Drumline. I have never seen Louisville lose at home(since I have been in college). You also have to look out fo Super Mario Urrutia. He is a huge WR like 6'8". I t is a mismatch everytime. GO CARDS!!!!

phin-fan34MDH
11-03-2006, 01:24 AM
give him time he was just hurt. half of u probly have never seen him play before tonite but he has been a stud this year and last. in my opnion he ismuch better than quinn

He has been far from a stud. We expect alot more out of Brian Brohm here in Louisville. His back-up Hunter Cantwell is the MAN. Brohm has a tendency to hang his WR out to dry. He is more of a "touch QB" as opposed to a gunslinger.

adamprez2003
11-03-2006, 01:47 AM
you probably right and he seems to have it all other wise gets that acuracy straight he should be good i'm not sold on quinn but there are alot of norte dame fans and quinn guys in here that will tell you he is like the greatest thing since swiss cheese i think brohm may have the stronger arm and may be more talented but you never know i thought alex smith was gonna be a great qb just by watching a few college games apeared to have it all and plus he had like one of the best wonderlic scores ever then i thought for sure he was gonna be agreat player he still has time though

I havent written off Alex Smith. I want to see how he does next year. I thought he made great progress this year but he still has a ways to go

Motion
11-03-2006, 09:20 AM

Michael Bush is a Senior and has already declared.

Stitches
11-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Michael Bush is a Senior and has already declared.

Bush had a year of eligibility left.

Stitches
11-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey Guys, I just got back from the game. I am the captain of U of L's Drumline. I have never seen Louisville lose at home(since I have been in college). You also have to look out fo Super Mario Urrutia. He is a huge WR like 6'8". I t is a mismatch everytime. GO CARDS!!!!

Urrutia is more like 6'6". The fact he was playing against 5'10" and 5'9" guys kind of makes him look taller.

MS4FINS
11-03-2006, 11:16 AM

Michael Bush is a Senior, who hasn't redshirted. Brohm is a Junior, who will be a stud in the NFL.

Stitches
11-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Michael Bush is a Senior, who hasn't redshirted. Brohm is a Junior, who will be a stud in the NFL.

I was wrong with Bush, but I thought he could still get a year of eligibility?

Motion
11-03-2006, 11:27 AM
I was wrong with Bush, but I thought he could still get a year of eligibility?

He already declared.

Stitches
11-03-2006, 11:31 AM
He already declared.

I know, I meant once he had been injured, had he not declared he would have gained eligibility if he wanted, right?

Motion
11-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I know, I meant once he had been injured, had he not declared he would have gained eligibility if he wanted, right?

Not sure how that works since he had played some of the season.

LouPhinFan
11-03-2006, 12:38 PM
He already declared.

No Bush has not declared for the NFL yet. He isn't making his decision until January, when he HAS to. He's a senior, but can chose to medical redshirt if he wants to. Trust me if he declared already, it would have been all over the Louisville paper.

Yes, Brohm's accuracy is still affected by the thumb injury. His balls in the game last night were still a little funny and he was not hitting his recievers in stride like he usually does. When he's 100%, he can deliver a ball wherever he chooses, he's one of the most accurate QB's I've ever seen.

Motion
11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
No Bush has not declared for the NFL yet. He isn't making his decision until January, when he HAS to. He's a senior, but can chose to medical redshirt if he wants to. Trust me if he declared already, it would have been all over the Louisville paper.

Yes, Brohm's accuracy is still affected by the thumb injury. His balls in the game last night were still a little funny and he was not hitting his recievers in stride like he usually does. When he's 100%, he can deliver a ball wherever he chooses, he's one of the most accurate QB's I've ever seen.

I stand corrected. I coulda swore he did right after his injury.

Stitches
11-03-2006, 01:00 PM
I stand corrected. I coulda swore he did right after his injury.

So I was half right. I'll take take that.

Motion
11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
So I was half right. I'll take take that.

:tongue:

Crowder52
11-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Not sure how that works since he had played some of the season.

Like how Andre Caldwell is still a junior b/c of his injury last year, he can still have a year if he wants.

Motion
11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Like how Andre Caldwell is still a junior b/c of his injury last year, he can still have a year if he wants.

Right, you have to apply for a medical red shirt. I believe thats how it works.