PDA

View Full Version : Actor Neil Patrick Harris Says He Is Gay

Jt0323
11-04-2006, 03:26 PM
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20061104/D8L64HTG0.html

not that there's anything wrong with that..

Blade
11-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Interestin...the way he is protrayed in "How I Met Your Mother," i would have never guessed that.

Roman529
11-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Doogie's gay??? go figure. :wink:

DeathStar
11-04-2006, 05:02 PM
he better watch out for ted haggard.

TexasFish20
11-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Interestin...the way he is protrayed in "How I Met Your Mother," i would have never guessed that.

Yeah he's a really good actor. That show is so funny because of him.

Perfect23
11-04-2006, 05:43 PM
what about that role he had in harold and kumar

Martel
11-04-2006, 06:02 PM
NPH is a very good guy and was basically forced to do this after his publicist made some bonehead comments about him "not being of that persuasion". While Neil has never issued a public statement about his sexuality he was openly out and has been in a long term relationship so it wasn't as though he was hiding anything. When his publicist made that comment it made alot of people upset because then it looked like he was lying. He felt like he was losing his integrity so he basically wanted to set the record straight. I'm proud of him, as this was basically inevitabley gonna come out eventually.

Anyway it's his private life and now it's public, so we shall see what happens. NPH is one of my best friends so I wish the best for him always. Hopefully everyone in this thread will keep it respectful as these fellas above me have.

lazareth
11-05-2006, 02:49 AM
NPH is a very good guy and was basically forced to do this after his publicist made some bonehead comments about him "not being of that persuasion". While Neil has never issued a public statement about his sexuality he was openly out and has been in a long term relationship so it wasn't as though he was hiding anything. When his publicist made that comment it made alot of people upset because then it looked like he was lying. He felt like he was losing his integrity so he basically wanted to set the record straight. I'm proud of him, as this was basically inevitabley gonna come out eventually.

Anyway it's his private life and now it's public, so we shall see what happens. NPH is one of my best friends so I wish the best for him always. Hopefully everyone in this thread will keep it respectful as these fellas above me have.
so what's it like being best friends with a celebrity?

Deadish
11-05-2006, 08:55 AM

You have a gay friend!:eek:
Don't let him hug you!

kidding. kidding.
I'm glad you said he was your friend because as i was reading your post before that, I was thinking "this guy knows an awful lot about Neil Patrick Harris"

WharfRat
11-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Not surprised much..... but... who cares if he's gay?
I mean, it certainly doesn't make me think any less of him.....

HolliFinFan
11-05-2006, 09:59 AM

Exactly. People secure in their own sexuality are unlikely to condemn others for being hetero, gay or asexual. :)

Celtkin
11-05-2006, 10:39 AM
:yeahthat:

Nappy Roots
11-05-2006, 01:27 PM

i doubt anyone cares really. but you honestly think it will play out like that? wait to see how many roles he gets....

SkapePhin
11-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Doogie!

The Confessor
11-05-2006, 01:52 PM
NPH Gay...NO WAY! Just kidding, not like I didnt see it coming.
That said, I think he is one of the premier actors out there now. As a teenage actor he kept a level head, and was always entertaining. He has transitioned into a great "Adult" actor as well.
Give him my regards Stacks, and let him know that I give him tons of credit for being so "Matter of fact" about the entire situation.
az

The Rev
11-05-2006, 01:57 PM

Wll said, brother. :wink:

Nappy Roots
11-05-2006, 02:02 PM
what popular has he played in?

PhinzN703
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Why did he need to come out? Who cares if he is gay or not? He's a human like the rest of us. It doesn't matter what he likes to do afterhours

greatwade
11-06-2006, 12:40 PM
he is awesome. His role in H&K was a stroke of genius. I don't care what/who he likes to poke.

Stacks, tell your boy, some nutjob in Pompton Beach, FL thinks he's teh funnah.

Timmy54
11-06-2006, 12:52 PM
i always liked NPH, really funny in H&K go to white castle. so what if he likes dudes, he can still act!!!

Motion
11-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Huge surprise

Shula Come Back!
11-06-2006, 07:58 PM
he is awesome. His role in H&K was a stroke of genius. I don't care what/who he likes to poke.

Stacks, tell your boy, some nutjob in Pompton Beach, FL thinks he's teh funnah.

That was awesome!!!!

DeathStar
11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
who gives a ****?

Shula Come Back!
11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
who gives a ****?
:lol:

PrepDogg
11-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with that.