PDA

View Full Version : First Ace Now This?

Jimi
11-04-2006, 07:36 PM
First there making a non-Carrey Ace Ventura movie now there making a non-Crowe gladiator? I know theres a lot of people out there who arent big Crowe fans but in my opinion no one else could of played that role better, simply one of the greatest movies ive ever seen.

I have no idea how this is going to work, but atleast it has a little more potential then the Ventura 3 thats for sure. O well, hopefully they dont mess up.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/preview/1808501323

Slappy8800
11-04-2006, 07:57 PM
there have been gladiator movies sans Crowe....its not like they are making Indiana Jones wihtout Harrison Ford or somethin

dolphan117
11-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Dang it, I thought I heard he was planing to come back for the second one.

WeVie
11-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Dang it, I thought I heard he was planing to come back for the second one.

How is he going to come back for another one when he was killed at the end of the first one? A prequel?

I always wished he wouldn't have been killed so they could make another one but who knows what they can do.

Jimi
11-04-2006, 08:16 PM
there have been gladiator movies sans Crowe....its not like they are making Indiana Jones wihtout Harrison Ford or somethin

To my understanding it was indeed going to follow the story of the original gladiator movie in some regard, not just go off on a completley diffrent plot, hence the possible Crowe cameo.

WeVie
11-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Just read the link. I guess it may be a prequel huh.

Slappy8800
11-04-2006, 08:28 PM
ooooooooh

dolphan117
11-04-2006, 09:21 PM
How is he going to come back for another one when he was killed at the end of the first one? A prequel?

I always wished he wouldn't have been killed so they could make another one but who knows what they can do.Yeah, from what I had heard before it sounded like the second would probably be a prequel and he would star in it. There was a little speculation that if it wasn't a prequel he would still be in it somehow but no one could explain how that could possibly work with the way the first one ended.

Link
11-04-2006, 09:29 PM
First there making a non-Carrey Ace Ventura movie now there making a non-Crowe gladiator? I know theres a lot of people out there who arent big Crowe fans but in my opinion no one else could of played that role better, simply one of the greatest movies ive ever seen.

I have no idea how this is going to work, but atleast it has a little more potential then the Ventura 3 thats for sure. O well, hopefully they dont mess up.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/preview/1808501323

Wait and Ace Ventura without Jim Carrey?!?!?!?!? How is that possible? Who is taking his place? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :goof:

King Felix
11-04-2006, 09:30 PM
i thought this was going to have something to do with ace88 :lol:

Mike13
11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
How could you do a prequel for this movie anyway?

Colorado Dolfan
11-05-2006, 12:11 AM
How could you do a prequel for this movie anyway?
At the very least, if they do make a prequel, how could it be called Gladiator anything? Since he wasn't a gladiator until the "second" movie? :shakeno:

Well, Ridley Scott has confirmed (http://www.empireonline.co.uk/news/news.asp?story=5017&ss=gladiator+2&cp=1) that this movie's premise is a sequel, following the political career of Lucius, Lucilla's son.
That, at least, makes a little sense... Of course, the link is rather outdated as the above "confirmation" is from 2003... :eek:

SpurzN703
11-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Wait and Ace Ventura without Jim Carrey?!?!?!?!? How is that possible? Who is taking his place? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :goof:

I heard it was "Ace's Son" thats gunna be in the movie. Excuse me while I go hurl