PDA

View Full Version : The Departed

finswin56
11-05-2006, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen a thread on it, so...

Okay, I've got two kids, and I get to go out to see a movie about twice a year. So, my standards are pretty high.

The Departed was outstanding!

Great story, great cast, great acting, smart movie. Martin Scorsese did a killer job with this one. 2 1/2 hours absolutely flew by. Glorious violence :evil: , but not gratuitious IMO. It's one of the first Boston based movies that didn't make me cringe with the accents being over done (thoughts of Kevin Costner in JFK :puke: come to mind).

See this movie.

Who am I? I'm the guy that does his ****in' job! You must be the other guy!

NJFINSFAN1
11-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Everyone I have talked to have said this is an awesome movie, I must go and see it in the Garden State!!!!:wink:

Stitches
11-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I saw this move like a month ago. It's in my top 5 all time I think. Mark Walberg and Alec Baldwin were freakin' awesome in that movie.

byroan
11-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I saw it and only thought it was decent. :confused2

A lot of times I have to see the movie a second time to understand how good it is. :chuckle:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-05-2006, 11:01 PM
absurdly great movie. i LOVED alec baldwin especially. he was used sparingly, though.

DonShula84
11-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Wasnt Costner from New Orleans in JFK not Boston? The Departed was great, you should see the Japanese version, also very good.

Mike13
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
I haven't seen it but I shall, I've heard its really fast paced.

Timmy54
11-06-2006, 12:56 PM
it was ok, they really could have made it better with a better ending! in any case, it is defiantely a watch but i would not put it in the top 10 ever

finswin56
11-06-2006, 01:14 PM
it was ok, they really could have made it better with a better ending! in any case, it is defiantely a watch but i would not put it in the top 10 everYou didn't like the ending? I loved it!
That movie is outstanding, especially in its genre.

Mark Walberg and Alec Baldwin were freakin' awesome in that movie.:yes: IDK which one was better... both had me in tears. The acting was top notch all around, and the dialog was throughly entertaining.

Timmy54
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM
would have been better if the chick offed somebody or Leo's character got to live and give out a bit of revenge! just my thoughts.

Quelonio
11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
would have been better if the chick offed somebody or Leo's character got to live and give out a bit of revenge! just my thoughts.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! :fire:

finswin56
11-06-2006, 01:57 PM
would have been better if the chick offed somebody or Leo's character got to live and give out a bit of revenge! just my thoughts.If the Doc did so, it would have been out of character and lessened the move. Leo's character followed at path that was inevitable for the movie, IMO. And he did get his revenge. Happy endings aren't all they're cracked up to be.

BTW, you might want to edit your post to note the spoiler for those who haven't seen the movie.

tucker
11-06-2006, 04:14 PM
"I'm gonna go have a smoke right now. You want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya, right? What are ya, one of those fitness freaks, huh? Go **** yourself."

also anyone seen infernal affairs? its also a great movie and is the original to this...the japanese version did a couple things different like leo's character getting kicked out of the police academy to give it a more realstic feel to him being a bad guy also with leo's character having a kid with someone totally different and that Nicholson's character was interigated in the police station with his whole gang, instead of the way they did it in this movie where they talk to jack outside about the microprocessors..also the ending had Damon's character live