PDA

View Full Version : Patsy fans booing Adam Vineteri, no class!

Despacio
11-05-2006, 11:20 PM
What in the blue hell are these people doing???

The man that clinched them 3 Super Bowls, Mr. Pressure himself and these fans are booing him???

They even cheered wildly when he missed a FG, it's disgusting. (EDIT: Well didn't think this one through :), but they BOO when the man just steps onto the field!).

I realize their can be angst when a guy jumps ship, but this is ridiculous.

I hope it's just those Patsies in the stadium and not the majority who can't realize the lack of class they are showing.

Rocky Raccoon
11-05-2006, 11:21 PM
he's not a Patriot anymore.

Despacio
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
he's not a Patriot anymore.

They boo just when he steps onto the field. I understand cheering when he misses. And you know it's not just a cheer b/c the kicker missed, but a cheer b/c Adam V. missed cheer. But booing just when he steps onto the field?? I personally thinks it shows no class. Sad.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-05-2006, 11:31 PM
i think it's a slap in the face if you cheer someone on the other team when you're rooting for your team. so i like that they boo him.

Despacio
11-05-2006, 11:33 PM
i think it's a slap in the face if you cheer someone on the other team when you're rooting for your team. so i like that they boo him.

Nobody said they had to cheer, its just really unusual to boo a kicker, well ever, and when Pat fans boo viniteri, you know it's for no reason but some sort of misguided contempt. Just act normal, dont boo, dont cheer. Am I the on'y one who finds this tasteless?

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Nobody said they had to cheer, its just really unusual to boo a kicker, well ever, and when Pat fans boo viniteri, you know it's for no reason but some sort of misguided contempt. Just act normal, dont boo, dont cheer. Am I the on'y one who finds this tasteless?

It appears that way. Besides what would a dolphins fan know about class?

Mike13
11-06-2006, 02:17 AM

I don't know any finfan who beats an elderly woman trying to enjoy herself at a game.

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 02:19 AM
I don't know any finfan who beats an elderly woman trying to enjoy herself at a game.

Thats because 99% of finfans are elderly women. :sidelol:

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 02:21 AM
And just for the record of the spelling impaired its Vinateri

Mike13
11-06-2006, 02:39 AM

Lame, anyway I figured that you would know what event I referenced, it wasn't that long ago. Well there are ******* fans everywhere, its not a new thing.

Vertical Limit
11-06-2006, 02:42 AM

The man that clinched them 3 Super Bowls, Mr. Pressure himself and these fans are booing him???

They even cheered wildly when he missed a FG, it's disgusting. (EDIT: Well didn't think this one through :), but they BOO when the man just steps onto the field!).

I hope it's just those Patsies in the stadium and not the majority who can't realize the lack of class they are showing.
He left the Patriots to join the enemy. The biggest rivalry in the AFC the past 5 years have been the Patriots vs the Colts.

So sure, give Adam a warm welcome back. :rolleyes:

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 03:08 AM
He left the Patriots to join the enemy. The biggest rivalry in the AFC the past 5 years have been the Patriots vs the Colts.

So sure, give Adam a warm welcome back. :rolleyes:

I guess I might feel different had Vinateri come back to the Patriots after he had the offer from the colts and allowed them to match or better it but thats not the way it went down. Vinateri was saying good bye to teammates after the loss to denver in last yrs playoff game. He never had any intention of re-signing with the pats and he did turn down a contract offer by the pats that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the league. The contract he did sign with the colts was only a few hundred thousand dollars more than that offer. Anyway he didn't turn out to be Mr Clutch tonight now did he?

Blade
11-06-2006, 04:39 AM

Those are the same fans who booed Damon when he left Boston for New York. It really not being classless. It is just rootin for your team and the current players on your team.

Rocky Raccoon
11-06-2006, 09:43 AM

um, no it's not. It's Vinatieri.

:shakeno:

NewEra8
11-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey Mr NFLFAN..... you mad?

Urlithani
11-06-2006, 11:46 AM
They're actually booing Kraft for being cheap and not giving Vinateri what he's worth.

I'm sorry, but he won that franchise 3 SB's since they were all decided by 3 points or less. So the question to Pats fans is this: If Gostkowski (ignore the fact he would be too young, just play along) was your kicker during the '01, '02, and '04 seasons, would you have won those Super Bowls? Would you have even made it to those Super Bowls?

Adam is worth every penny and more that the Kraft family didn't dish out for him. Giving up McGinest, Branch, and etc. were ok. Vinateri was the 2nd most pivotal player behind Brady, and New England is paying and will be paying the price in the postseason without his clutch.

PhinzN703
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM

Thanks for acting like you know me. 'Preciate your judgement based on some stupida$$ experience you may have had with a Dolphins fan once. :shakeno:

Timmy54
11-06-2006, 01:17 PM
I guess I might feel different had Vinateri come back to the Patriots after he had the offer from the colts and allowed them to match or better it but thats not the way it went down. Vinateri was saying good bye to teammates after the loss to denver in last yrs playoff game. He never had any intention of re-signing with the pats and he did turn down a contract offer by the pats that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the league. The contract he did sign with the colts was only a few hundred thousand dollars more than that offer. Anyway he didn't turn out to be Mr Clutch tonight now did he?

so what, he run as a patsy was over. Maybe he wanted to get out of new england, maybe he just needed a change of local. Whatever his reason for leaving, dont blame the guy cause he went out and got a new job. it is ok to boo him and cheer when he misses, but i think he was on the winning side last night.

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey Mr NFLFAN..... you mad?

I'm not mad just setting the record straight. Getting booed wasn't a shock to Vinatieri he expected it as would any player who took up arms with the enemy. I remember when Jr Seau signed with the Pats eariler this season, I came over here and there must have been a dozen post calling him a traitor....A triator? The dolphins never offered him a contract and he signed with the Pats and some Miami fans call him a traitor. Why would the thread starter not be able to understand why Vinatieri got booed last night?

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 02:22 PM
They're actually booing Kraft for being cheap and not giving Vinateri what he's worth.

I'm sorry, but he won that franchise 3 SB's since they were all decided by 3 points or less. So the question to Pats fans is this: If Gostkowski (ignore the fact he would be too young, just play along) was your kicker during the '01, '02, and '04 seasons, would you have won those Super Bowls? Would you have even made it to those Super Bowls?

Adam is worth every penny and more that the Kraft family didn't dish out for him. Giving up McGinest, Branch, and etc. were ok. Vinateri was the 2nd most pivotal player behind Brady, and New England is paying and will be paying the price in the postseason without his clutch.

Its the uninformed fans such as you and despacio who should spend a bit more time reading and less typing. I agree he did a lot for NE but they also did a lot for him. They took a chance back when Mr Clutch wasn't so clutch and signed and undrafted rookie to the team. The team itself put Vinatieri in position to kick those game winners cause had they not made it to the SB there would be no mr clutch reputation. Adam may have made those kicks but it was the rest of this team that gave him the opportunity to do that. You act like he played and won those games all by himself.
The Krafts and belichick offered vinatieri a contract that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the league today and you call that being cheap? You need to get a few facts on what really happened before you spout off about anyone being cheap. Adam was saying his goodbyes at the end of last season before the contract was even offered and then he turned it down. He had an agenda and that agenda had little or nothing to do with money if it did he would have played one team against the other but that wasn't the case. Like i said eairler which either you didn't or couldn't read he signed the colts offer and never allowed NE to match that offer. To me thats not a loyal type of player nor one whos agenda was the almighty paycheck. Anyway he choose to take that road with one of our biggest rivals but even adam isn't as delisional as some of you fans are because he new what he had done would draw many boos from NE fans.

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks for acting like you know me. 'Preciate your judgement based on some stupida$$ experience you may have had with a Dolphins fan once. :shakeno:

I apologize spurz. That statement was predicated on the one fan despacio who started the thread and call all the NE fans classless. I suspect he really does understand the entire Vinatieri situation but felt it was a good time to call us classless. He gives miami fans a bad name.

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
But not even a cheer? A "Hey, thanks for three SuperBowl titles Adam!"

I would have expected something between Damon's first trip to Fenway and Pedro's! Yes, there is some animosity, but the dude did delivery you the three rings you are so proud of!

1 - you never get past the Raiders in the '01 playoffs w/out Adam. One title gone!

2 - titles two and three are a question mark!

Essentially, Adam is the difference between you being three-time champs and the Bills of the early 90s!

How can you not at least give the man SOME props when he came back???

finfansince72
11-06-2006, 03:08 PM
:sidelol:

:shakeno:

cnc66
11-06-2006, 03:12 PM

prolly more than you...we get schooled more often.....:(

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
But not even a cheer? A "Hey, thanks for three SuperBowl titles Adam!"

I would have expected something between Damon's first trip to Fenway and Pedro's! Yes, there is some animosity, but the dude did delivery you the three rings you are so proud of!

1 - you never get past the Raiders in the '01 playoffs w/out Adam. One title gone!

2 - titles two and three are a question mark!

Essentially, Adam is the difference between you being three-time champs and the Bills of the early 90s!

How can you not at least give the man SOME props when he came back???

The NE fans did give him some cheers, didn't you hear them cheer after each or the two FG's he missed. I believe he even got a standing ovation right there with a little under 2 min left to play and adam missed that FG. :D I wonder if the colts still feel he's mr clutch today?

When you cross enemy lines expect to get shot at early and often.

Eop05
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM

I'm sorry, but I have to quote this one more time. This is too funny and ironic

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
The NE fans did give him some cheers, didn't you hear them cheer after each or the two FG's he missed. I believe he even got a standing ovation right there with a little under 2 min left to play and adam missed that FG. :D I wonder if the colts still feel he's mr clutch today?

When you cross enemy lines expect to get shot at early and often.Hey, he must have had some inclination that tight-wad BB wasn't going to give him what he is worth, so he bailed on you! I hope he kicks you out of the playoffs now due to the utter disrespect you guys are giving him!

He won THREE rings for you. Do you understand, w/out him, you may have ZERO! I'd at least give some thanks if this happened to us, no matter how bitter I might be. And man ... you bitter!

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM

I kind of like this one my self. :sidelol:

MR NFLFAN
11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey, he must have had some inclination that tight-wad BB wasn't going to give him what he is worth, so he bailed on you! I hope he kicks you out of the playoffs now due to the utter disrespect you guys are giving him!

He won THREE rings for you. Do you understand, w/out him, you may have ZERO! I'd at least give some thanks if this happened to us, no matter how bitter I might be. And man ... you bitter!

Those boos really rattled him last night missing what would have been a game clincher with under 2 minutes remaining. Must be something with the horse shoe on the side of the helmet that took his mojo. Tell me how is it that when the Patriots play the dolphins in miami there are more Patriots fans at the game than Miami fans. Can't the team find drivers to pick up all their elderly women fans and push their wheel chairs to the stadium?

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Those boos really rattled him last night missing what would have been a game clincher with under 2 minutes remaining. Must be something with the house shoe on the side of the helmet that took his mojo. Tell me how is it that when the Patriots play the dolphins in miami there are more Patriots fans at the game than Miami fans. Can't the team find drivers to pick up all their elderly women fans and push their wheel chairs to the stadium?:rolleyes2

Jpex
11-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Those boos really rattled him last night missing what would have been a game clincher with under 2 minutes remaining. Must be something with the horse shoe on the side of the helmet that took his mojo. Tell me how is it that when the Patriots play the dolphins in miami there are more Patriots fans at the game than Miami fans. Can't the team find drivers to pick up all their elderly women fans and push their wheel chairs to the stadium?

:ban:

retired opfinistic
11-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Those boos really rattled him last night missing what would have been a game clincher with under 2 minutes remaining. Must be something with the horse shoe on the side of the helmet that took his mojo. Tell me how is it that when the Patriots play the dolphins in miami there are more Patriots fans at the game than Miami fans. Can't the team find drivers to pick up all their elderly women fans and push their wheel chairs to the stadium?I fart in your general direction.

EBMisfit
11-06-2006, 06:38 PM

:shakeno:Psssssst... he/it/she/is a Pathetics fan (at least, since they started winning). What else did you expect?

Despacio
11-07-2006, 07:08 AM
I apologize spurz. That statement was predicated on the one fan despacio who started the thread and call all the NE fans classless. I suspect he really does understand the entire Vinatieri situation but felt it was a good time to call us classless. He gives miami fans a bad name.

I said those booing Vinatieri were showing no class, get over yourself.

SEE, ITS RIGHT HERE, CLEAR AS DAY IN MY POST:

"I hope it's just those Patsies in the stadium and not the majority who can't realize the lack of class they are showing."

But you're certainly changing my opinion about the majority. Hopefully, you don't represent most, wait, I know you don't b/c my brother is a Patsy fan and I know he has class. Even he could not believe what those ungrateful fans were doing. It was disgusting in my book. Did I say you or all Patsy fans showed no class?? Unless you were in that stadium booing.

You can paint it whatever color you want, booing him, showing contempt for a man just when he stepped onto the field was wrong, especially that man and what he did in that stadium for many years. Booing a made FG or at crunch time I understand. But he just showed his face and out came the boo birds.

TO getting booed in Philly, that is deserved. Adam V. getting booed for joining another team after an unforgettable dynasty run and many great years of being Mr. Clutch, even you have to raise your eyebrow and question what those Pat fans were thinking. I would hope at least.

And god knows I could not stand Vinitieri for so long b/c I knew whenever the game came down to him the Pats had the win. Over time I have come to respect the Patriots and guys like Brady, Bruschi, and Vinitieri. But that does not mean I can't stand them as a fan of a division rival simply b/c they can be so damn good. Doesn't the fact that a Dolphin fan is defending the best kicker New England has ever had send off some signals up there? Pats fans showed no respect for one of their own if you ask me.

So how do I give Miami fans a bad name?? The only thing I can think of is admitting my respect for Vinitieri and the Pats, other than that, I think maybe it's you who give Pats fans a bad name. Your lack of seeing anything wrong with the booing is disturbing IMO. the way I see it, Vinitieri will be a Patriot forever. Yet all those fans Sunday night booed him at the door to his old home. Yeah, real classy stuff.

(Seau, HA, like he played a pivotal role in 3 SB's for Miami. There is no comparison here. I could care less that Junior signed with NE, god knows he deserves the best shot at a SB title.)

So, in closing, Indianapolis 27, New England 20. Thank you.

cnc66
11-07-2006, 08:21 AM
watch me booo Surtain on Sunday.....

I have no class....

The Confessor
11-07-2006, 08:44 AM

Ahhh time to go check the schedule and see if Seattle is on there. Then you can squat and start filling those urine bombs for Braansh...errrr Brange....er deeon....errrrr Deone.....errrr...that other scumbag that wanted to get paid for making the Pathetics World Champs....

RGF
11-07-2006, 08:52 AM

He didnt have to be clutch. By the way did it ever occur to you that Vinatieri knew after last year the so called "Patriot dynasty" was over? He knew if he was ever going to win another super bowl he would have to jump ship to a contender. I`m not being sarcastic but even loyal Patriots fans have to admit ITS OVER.

RGF
11-07-2006, 08:58 AM
watch me booo Surtain on Sunday.....

I have no class....

You took the words right out of my keyboard.:D

NJL52
11-07-2006, 02:25 PM

You had my respect for a minute but now you are just spitting elementary school insults....

Get the f out of here.

retired opfinistic
11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I have no class....:rolleyes: Tell us something we don't know!:wink:

cnc66
11-07-2006, 02:45 PM
:rolleyes: Tell us something we don't know!:wink:

hey! :goof:

retired opfinistic
11-08-2006, 09:16 AM
hey! :goof::D