PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Caddy lovers now??

finjim
11-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Caddy can't carry Ronnie's jock. Period. He's averaging 2 ypc.

Wow!! :sidelol:

Brown42000
11-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Everybody got caught up in him having a good year last year and people were looking as if I was stupid because I said Ronnie will be much better than Caddy.

finjim
11-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Tampa Bay is LAST in the NFL in rushing.

Yeah, he rules!

BLITZKRIEG
11-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Neither one of them have lived up to their draft hype yet in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

CitizenSnips
11-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Caddy's probablem was never his talent. His talent is obvious to everyone who watches him. however, his question mark was his durability, and whether or not he could be a feature back. if nothing else, he's proven he cant

PerfectFinz72
11-06-2006, 10:58 AM

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Way to crap on the parade.

DePhinistr8
11-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Caddy's probablem was never his talent. His talent is obvious to everyone who watches him. however, his question mark was his durability, and whether or not he could be a feature back. if nothing else, he's proven he cant

Just like any other running back who's name isn't Barry Sanders, you need your oline to perform in order for you to be consistent.

Both Ronnie and Caddy are very good backs, and will hopefully have long, healthy careers, but you can only get a real measure of their talent when their oline's are playing worth a darn...

Superself
11-06-2006, 11:00 AM

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:rolleyes2

Your opinion is obviously biased. You give Ronnie no credit what so ever. That is just pathetic. :shakeno:

BLITZKRIEG
11-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Way to crap on the parade.

Have they lived up to their pre-draft hype?? Personally, I don't think they have yet....

Shoot me for having an opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

PerfectFinz72
11-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Have they lived up to their pre-draft hype?? Personally, I don't think they have yet....

Shoot me for having an opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Alright dude, relax. I'm only bustin on ya. :D

BLITZKRIEG
11-06-2006, 11:10 AM
:rolleyes2

Your opinion is obviously biased.

Towards who???...

You give Ronnie no credit what so ever. That is just pathetic. :shakeno:

Cry me a river. I have my opinions, and you have yours. Post your own, and stop taking mine so personally. Thanks....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Majpain
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
What exactly do you consider living up to the hype? Were you expecting another LT in his second year?

AUFinFan
11-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I think both of them have suffered from whats surrounding them. I dont have any doubts that both will become really good players in the league.

Regarding draft hype, I think thats a good point. top rated players receive far too much hype now. I think very few players with that kind of hype can ever live up to it initially. Its not the players fault, they arent hyping themselves, its the media.

finserg
11-06-2006, 11:16 AM

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Agree 100%

DePhinistr8
11-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Agree 100%

Caddy had almost 1200 yards as a rookie, and even though his numbers are down, so is his whole team.

Ronnie had 900+ yards splitting time as a rookie, and is on pace for 1200+ this season along with 500+ receiving....

I think they're both playing darn well, and are deserving of their pre-draft evaluations...

But getting lost in the Ronnie/Caddy comparisons are how well Frank Gore is actually playing, and how little Cedric Benson is seeing the field (granted..Thomas Jones is a darn good back)

DolfanDaveInATX
11-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Caddy can't carry Ronnie's jock. Period. He's averaging 2 ypc.

Wow!! :sidelol:

Actually, for the season, his average is 3.7 ypc. But among NFL starting running backs, he ranks 27th in yards.

At the pace they're on, Ronnie is going to wind up with around 1750 yards from scrimmage compared with 1100 for Caddy. I would expect that trend to continue in the future, as Caddy's size and speed would be best suited for a Brian Westbrook-type role in a WC offense but Caddy isn't anywhere near as good a receiver.

DolfanDaveInATX
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
But getting lost in the Ronnie/Caddy comparisons are how well Frank Gore is actually playing, and how little Cedric Benson is seeing the field (granted..Thomas Jones is a darn good back)

Benson is Exhibit #16832 why rookies shouldn't hold out. Only way Ced gets the starting job in the next three years is if Jones misses at least half a season with a leg injury.

PerfectFinz72
11-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Agree 100%

As Blitzberg stated, everyone has a right to their opinion. But cmon man, you've bene hating on Ronnie in every thread I've seen. Its your right to do so, but I dont know why you wouldnt be at least encouraged (if you were discouraged previously) by what you saw from him yesterday.

If he gets the carries, he'll get the job done. Or, are you one of those guys that just responds to people asking why you dislike Ronnie's running style...."I dont like his vision"?

Breed
11-06-2006, 11:44 AM

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Could that have anything to do with them not getting enough carries?

DePhinistr8
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Could that have anything to do with them not getting enough carries?

You mean running backs can't get yards without carries? Blasphemy! :wink:

PerfectFinz72
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Ronnie split carries last year with Ricky and still had a solid rookie season. Caddy had a very good year statistically last year.

Ronnie's first year as the "main" running back in an offense and he's on pace for 1200 yards rushing + 400+ yards receiving. At what point did you say he's not living up to the hype? He hasn't been nearly as ineffective as you claim thus far in his career. Currently, he's 12th in the league in rushing.

So I ask again...what does he have to do to "live" up to the hype?

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Ronnie split carries last year with Ricky and still had a solid rookie season. Caddy had a very good year statistically last year.

Ronnie's first year as the "main" running back in an offense and he's on pace for 1200 yards rushing + 400+ yards receiving. At what point did you say he's not living up to the hype? He hasn't been nearly as ineffective as you claim thus far in his career. Currently, he's 12th in the league in rushing.

So I ask again...what does he have to do to "live" up to the hype?Ronnie's only going to get better and better. I think the Ronnie haters just want to see more consistent big play capability out of him. The problem is he's viewed as a #2 overall pick, when in reality, he's probably a top-15 pick in normal years.

He'll be more than solid for us for many years to come. If we continue to block for him like yesterday, 1,200 yards would be a low estimation.

DolphanD
11-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I think our o-line is finally in place and I expect Ronnie to shred the Chiefs. I just hope Larry Johnson doesn't shred us worse.