PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I'd read these words in The Herald!

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 11:23 AM
"Not only did Miami move the ball on the ground, the offensive line actually mauled Chicago's front seven. L.J. Shelton and Damion McIntosh had pancake blocks that were replayed on TV, and on each occasion the result was the same. The blocks erased a Bears defender from the picture."

Of all of yesterday's surprises, this was the biggest!

Got me to thinking! Who on this line do we keep for next season? Here are my thoughts:

-Macintosh: He's servicable at LT. Not great, but not a leaky faucet either. Unless a premier LT emerges somewhere, I'd leave him there for now.

-Carey: The truth is this guy is pretty good, and he's found a home at RT. We'd be crazy to give up on him now. He's probably our best lineman.

-Shelton (maybe): Let's give him the rest of the season at RG to see how his transition ultimately goes. It could be a re-birth for him (outmanned at LT, but can use his talents better inside).

As far as James and Hadnot, we can do better. Still, it can't hurt to keep them on the rost as back-ups if we can.

Thoughts? Who would you keep, dump?

like2god
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
It was nice to see those words, very very nice. :)

It has been said here many times "When the OL plays well, the running game will work, the QB will be given time for the plays to develop and not feel the pressure, and the Phins D won't tire in the 4th leading to a Miami win". It was nice to see those words come true in such a big game.

As for the OL, it would be nice to fill the holes in the offseason but there is next to nothing as far as FA goes. There are absolutely no C available and the LT market is thin at best. The only way I see the Phins filling those needs is in the draft or through trade. Leonard Davis is an interesting name, but he has never lived up to his draft hype. Steinbach is another name out there (I don't know enough about him to comment).

Carey - He's a keeper

Shelton - I agree, lets see what he can do at RG for the remainder of the season and if he continues to play well he stays. So far it looks like this might be his spot.

C - Hadnot is a pretty good RG, but if LJ has that position next season where does that leave him? Center is not his best position and if we can find a C somewhere Hadnot would be a man without a position. But who is there to get?

James - A lot depends on what is available, is Davis an upgrade? Does Saban give Hadnot a chance here?

LT - This is a very important part of the OL, I would prefer a veteran here. If the Phins have a chance at Joe Thomas do you take him? Would you feel comfortable with a rookie protecting Culpepper's blindside?

We won't know until the season is over where the Dolphins will be picking in next years draft, maybe there will be a surprise or two in FA and someone will become available. Right now the only guy that should be penciled in for a spot next year is Carey IMO.

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 12:46 PM

It has been said here many times "When the OL plays well, the running game will work, the QB will be given time for the plays to develop and not feel the pressure, and the Phins D won't tire in the 4th leading to a Miami win". It was nice to see those words come true in such a big game.

As for the OL, it would be nice to fill the holes in the offseason but there is next to nothing as far as FA goes. There are absolutely no C available and the LT market is thin at best. The only way I see the Phins filling those needs is in the draft or through trade. Leonard Davis is an interesting name, but he has never lived up to his draft hype. Steinbach is another name out there (I don't know enough about him to comment).

Carey - He's a keeper

Shelton - I agree, lets see what he can do at RG for the remainder of the season and if he continues to play well he stays. So far it looks like this might be his spot.

C - Hadnot is a pretty good RG, but if LJ has that position next season where does that leave him? Center is not his best position and if we can find a C somewhere Hadnot would be a man without a position. But who is there to get?

James - A lot depends on what is available, is Davis an upgrade? Does Saban give Hadnot a chance here?

LT - This is a very important part of the OL, I would prefer a veteran here. If the Phins have a chance at Joe Thomas do you take him? Would you feel comfortable with a rookie protecting Culpepper's blindside?

We won't know until the season is over where the Dolphins will be picking in next years draft, maybe there will be a surprise or two in FA and someone will become available. Right now the only guy that should be penciled in for a spot next year is Carey IMO.Yeah, Carey is the man right now. You're right, in a perfect world, we'd have upgrades at the other four positions, but it's going to be tough.

That's why I think Macintosh will be the guy for at least one more year at LT. Start w/ the corners, and move in.

Ther'es always McKinney coming back too. He did have a good '05, but what will the injury do.

OK, I'm getting way ahead of myself w/ all the off-season talk. I got carried away w/ how well the line played yesterday. They can't all stay for sure, but there appears to be some talent there after all!

BwanaZulia
11-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Congrats on the win. The wife and I watched the entire game in deep awe.

Clearly the Dolphins had something to prove and did.

Maybe now they can stop all the Bears in the Super Bowl talk. If they play like that a few more weeks, hell.. the Jets might have a chance! :)

BZ

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Congrats on the win. The wife and I watched the entire game in deep awe.

Clearly the Dolphins had something to prove and did.

Maybe now they can stop all the Bears in the Super Bowl talk. If they play like that a few more weeks, hell.. the Jets might have a chance! :)

BZThanks! I was speechless some of the time.

I think the Bears are "Gross"ly overrated :rolleyes2. You definitely have a shot.

BwanaZulia
11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks! I was speechless some of the time.

I think the Bears are "Gross"ly overrated :rolleyes2. You definitely have a shot.

If nothing else, Taylor said it best when he said something like "If you can get to Rex and smack him in the mouth, he is a different QB."

I am hoping we can do just that.

At home. We have a shot.

BZ

DolfanTom
11-06-2006, 01:47 PM
If nothing else, Taylor said it best when he said something like "If you can get to Rex and smack him in the mouth, he is a different QB."

I am hoping we can do just that.

At home. We have a shot.

BZOnly thing is, you may have to get to Griesie! Still, you definitely have a shot at home. Your home crowd is overwhelming - as your favorite Dolphin will tell you :lol:.

BwanaZulia
11-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Only thing is, you may have to get to Griesie! Still, you definitely have a shot at home. Your home crowd is overwhelming - as your favorite Dolphin will tell you :lol:.

They are not going to Bench Rex. No way. That would be great if they did though.

Hope we can get the stadium up and roaring and stick it in for a long fight because the Jets are not going to win any games pretty this year.

BZ

Mike13
11-09-2006, 03:24 PM
At home. We have a shot.

These up comming games are looking alittle tougher for Da Bears, this team exploited their weaknesses.

spydertl79
11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
"Not only did Miami move the ball on the ground, the offensive line actually mauled Chicago's front seven. L.J. Shelton and Damion McIntosh had pancake blocks that were replayed on TV, and on each occasion the result was the same. The blocks erased a Bears defender from the picture."

Of all of yesterday's surprises, this was the biggest!

Got me to thinking! Who on this line do we keep for next season? Here are my thoughts:

-Macintosh: He's servicable at LT. Not great, but not a leaky faucet either. Unless a premier LT emerges somewhere, I'd leave him there for now.

-Carey: The truth is this guy is pretty good, and he's found a home at RT. We'd be crazy to give up on him now. He's probably our best lineman.

-Shelton (maybe): Let's give him the rest of the season at RG to see how his transition ultimately goes. It could be a re-birth for him (outmanned at LT, but can use his talents better inside).

As far as James and Hadnot, we can do better. Still, it can't hurt to keep them on the rost as back-ups if we can.

Thoughts? Who would you keep, dump?
Who would I dump? Everyone except Carey and maybe Hadnot.

BwanaZulia
11-10-2006, 01:19 PM
These up comming games are looking alittle tougher for Da Bears, this team exploited their weaknesses.

You probably just pissed them off. I feel sorry for Eli and the Gints.

BZ

Kinzua
11-11-2006, 03:23 PM
You probably just pissed them off. I feel sorry for Eli and the Gints.

BZ

That's my thoughts, especially without Strahan.

It was the Bears D that won that Arizona game. In this one, though, Miami's offense and ST didn't cooperate with TOs and poor play, so the Bears D couldn't score.

muscle979
11-11-2006, 03:30 PM
The Jets can certainly win though they don't have a Jason Taylor to terrorize the Chicago offense. I'd say they still have a good chance, I doubt they'll get bent over like Buffalo did.

Kinzua
11-11-2006, 03:53 PM

Carey - He's a keeper

We won't know until the season is over where the Dolphins will be picking in next years draft, maybe there will be a surprise or two in FA and someone will become available. Right now the only guy that should be penciled in for a spot next year is Carey IMO.

I pretty much agree. Miami needs a C and LT, both of which aren't easy to find in free agency. Hadnot seems to be a decent RG but a less than adequate C. Shelton is playing RG because there's nobody else, but if Hadnot goes back to RG, then moving Shelton over to LG might be an improvement over James.

Tackles are supposed to be both big and quick, something that doesn't come in the same package a lot (which is why good tackles, especially LTs, are so valuable.) Sometimes a LT who's just not quick enough makes a better than average LG (the Bills have moved Mike Gandy from LT to LG, and his first outing was a success). Another possibilty for LT is to move Carey on that side. Since most QBs are right handed, the left side is their blind side which makes the LT (who takes on DEs) and LG so very important.

PhinsRock
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Agree, C and LT are our most pressing needs. Hadnot might be OK if you move him to RG but onl as a backup to Shelton. We need a power LT, somebody huge, hopefully we can draft this position well.

like2god
11-11-2006, 11:12 PM
I pretty much agree. Miami needs a C and LT, both of which aren't easy to find in free agency. Hadnot seems to be a decent RG but a less than adequate C. Shelton is playing RG because there's nobody else, but if Hadnot goes back to RG, then moving Shelton over to LG might be an improvement over James.

Tackles are supposed to be both big and quick, something that doesn't come in the same package a lot (which is why good tackles, especially LTs, are so valuable.) Sometimes a LT who's just not quick enough makes a better than average LG (the Bills have moved Mike Gandy from LT to LG, and his first outing was a success). Another possibilty for LT is to move Carey on that side. Since most QBs are right handed, the left side is their blind side which makes the LT (who takes on DEs) and LG so very important.

I see what you're saying but I don't think the Phins should keep shuffling the OL, there has to be some sort of stability so players aren't constantly trying to get accustomed to new roles. I actually think that the OL has played very well over the past few weeks, they are opening holes for the running game and have protected Joey very well. But there definitely are places that need attention.

Moving Shelton to RG seems to be a very wise move so far, it might just be a temporary bandaid we'll have to wait and see. Right now the weakest link is Hadnot, he has done an admirable job filling in for McKinney but just isn't good enough to be the anchor of this line. I don't feel comfortable counting on Seth to be the starter and stay healthy next year, at least not without another true center on the roster.

LT is going to be hard to fix. If the Phins somehow find themselves in position to draft Joe Thomas, should they take him? Some people are saying that he has stubby arms and projects better at G, I don't know because I don't watch alot of college ball. But I don't want to count on a rookie to protect Cpep from reinjuring his knee, like I said before I would like to see a veteran at LT. If that means resigning McIntosh for another year so be it. The Phins picked the wrong year to be 21 mil under the cap. There is nothing available, Max Starks is a restricted FA, but Pitt isn't going to let him go and the price wouldn't be worth it. Leonard Davis is a big guy, but hasn't lived up to his hype. There really aren't many options and the Phins would be better off signing McIntosh rather than spending money just for the sake of doing so. Besides, the Phins have 21 players that will be free at the end of the year, they HAVE TO resign Welker and Bell, they really don't have 21 mil to spend freely anyway after taking care of all of those positions. I think McIntosh is the wise move unless they can find an upgrade at a very reasonable price.

Here is a list of potential FA's that I posted on another board, keep in mind that it isn't a complete list.

QB
Matt Schaub, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
Chris Simms, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Rohan Davey, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Shaun King, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
John Navarre, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, New York Jets
Tim Rattay, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seneca Wallace, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Wright, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

RB
Ahman Green, UFA, Green Bay Packers
Michael Turner, RFA, San Diego Chargers
Chris Brown, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Ladell Betts, UFA, Washington Redskins
Correll Buckhalter, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Najeh Davenport, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Nick Goings, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Maurice Hicks, RFA, San Francisco 49ers
Patrick Pass, UFA, New England Patriots
Artose Pinner, RFA, Detroit Lions
Michael Pittman, UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
B.J. Sams, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Marcel Shipp, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Antowain Smith, UFA, Houston Texans

WR
Wes Welker, RFA, Miami Dolphins
Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Patrick Crayton, RFA, Dallas Cowboys
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

TE
Tony Gonzalez UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
TE Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Brady, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots
Ben Hartsock, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Zach Hilton, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Reggie Kelly, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Jerramy Stevens, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Boo Williams, UFA, New York Giants

OL
Max Starks RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals
Mike Gandy, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Jordan Black, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Dwayne Carswell, UFA, Denver Broncos
Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
Nat Dorsey, RFA, Cleveland Browns
Chris Gray, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Norm Katnik, RFA, New York Jets
Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Vincent Manuwai, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Roman Oben, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Brian Rimpf, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Eric Steinbach, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Todd Steussie, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Damion McIntosh, UFA, Miami Dolphins
John Denney, Miami Dolphins

DL
Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Justin Smith Cincinnati Bengals
Jared Allen, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Vonnie Holliday, UFA, Miami Dolphins
Edward Jasper, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Chad Lavalais, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
Cory Redding, UFA, Detroit Lions
Terdell Sands, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Hollis Thomas, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Keith Traylor, UFA, Miami Dolphins
David Bowens, UFA, Miami Dolphins

LB
Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears
Na'il Diggs, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Cato June, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Chase Blackburn, ERFA, New York Giants
Chad Brown, UFA, New England Patriots
James Darling, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
London Fletcher, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Randall Godfrey, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Kawika Mitchell, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Rob Morris, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Donnie Spragan, Miami Dolphins

CB
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Roc Alexander, RFA, Denver Broncos
Jordan Babineaux, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Jason David, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Randall Gay, RFA, New England Patriots
Nick Harper, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
David Macklin, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

S
Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Deon Grant, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
John Lynch, UFA, Denver Broncos
Donnie Nickey, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Tony Parrish, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Ernest Shazor, ERFA, Arizona Cardinals
B.J. Ward, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Gibril Wilson, RFA, New York Giants
Yeremiah Bell, Miami Dolphins

K
Josh Brown, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Rian Lindell, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Josh Scobee, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Lawrence Tynes, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs

P
Michael Koenen, ERFA, Atlanta Falcons
Matt Turk, UFA, St. Louis Rams

GoBills24
11-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Here is a list of potential FA's that I posted on another board, keep in mind that it isn't a complete list.

Thanks for posting this, L2G. Just bookmarked this page.

Anybody catch your eye on this list??

icephinfan
11-11-2006, 11:34 PM
QB
Chris Simms, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Rohan Davey, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Shaun King, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
John Navarre, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, New York Jets
Tim Rattay, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seneca Wallace, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Wright, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

RB
Ahman Green, UFA, Green Bay Packers
Michael Turner, RFA, San Diego Chargers
Chris Brown, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Ladell Betts, UFA, Washington Redskins
Correll Buckhalter, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Najeh Davenport, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Nick Goings, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Maurice Hicks, RFA, San Francisco 49ers
Patrick Pass, UFA, New England Patriots
Artose Pinner, RFA, Detroit Lions
Michael Pittman, UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
B.J. Sams, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Marcel Shipp, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Antowain Smith, UFA, Houston Texans

WR
Wes Welker, RFA, Miami Dolphins
Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Patrick Crayton, RFA, Dallas Cowboys
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

TE
Tony Gonzalez UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
TE Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Kyle Brady, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Daniel Graham, UFA, New England Patriots
Ben Hartsock, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Zach Hilton, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Reggie Kelly, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Jerramy Stevens, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Boo Williams, UFA, New York Giants

OL
Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals
Mike Gandy, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Jordan Black, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Derrick Dockery, UFA, Washington Redskins
Nat Dorsey, RFA, Cleveland Browns
Chris Gray, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Norm Katnik, RFA, New York Jets
Ryan Lilja, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Sean Locklear, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Vincent Manuwai, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Roman Oben, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Brian Rimpf, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Eric Steinbach, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Todd Steussie, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Floyd Womack, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Damion McIntosh, UFA, Miami Dolphins
John Denney, Miami Dolphins

DL
Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indianapolis Colts don't think that will happen.
Justin Smith Cincinnati Bengals
Jared Allen, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Vonnie Holliday, UFA, Miami Dolphins
Edward Jasper, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
Chad Lavalais, RFA, Atlanta Falcons
Cory Redding, UFA, Detroit Lions
Terdell Sands, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Hollis Thomas, UFA, New Orleans Saints
Keith Traylor, UFA, Miami Dolphins
David Bowens, UFA, Miami Dolphins

LB
Na'il Diggs, UFA, Carolina Panthers
Cato June, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Chase Blackburn, ERFA, New York Giants
Chad Brown, UFA, New England Patriots
James Darling, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
London Fletcher, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Randall Godfrey, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Kawika Mitchell, UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Rob Morris, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Donnie Spragan, Miami Dolphins

CB
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills Big price tag
Roc Alexander, RFA, Denver Broncos
Jordan Babineaux, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Jason David, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Randall Gay, RFA, New England Patriots
Nick Harper, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
David Macklin, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

S
Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Michael Lewis, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles
John Lynch, UFA, Denver Broncos
Donnie Nickey, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Tony Parrish, UFA, San Francisco 49ers
Ernest Shazor, ERFA, Arizona Cardinals
B.J. Ward, RFA, Baltimore Ravens
Gibril Wilson, RFA, New York Giants
Yeremiah Bell, Miami Dolphins

K
Josh Brown, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Rian Lindell, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Josh Scobee, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Lawrence Tynes, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs

P
Michael Koenen, ERFA, Atlanta Falcons
Matt Turk, UFA, St. Louis Rams__________________

The highlighted players would be a nice fit for us.

finfan01
11-11-2006, 11:41 PM
I dont really know how well that new LG is gonna play that the Phins picked up......but...the truth is....it was one good game....we'll just wait and see tomorrow and the next game.etc.....consistency is what the team should be after

like2god
11-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks for posting this, L2G. Just bookmarked this page.

Anybody catch your eye on this list??
Not really, I want to see how the Phins finish the season before I play GM

Dwight Freeney, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills

No to Schaub
Starks isn't going anywhere
Carswell is still recovering from serious injuries sustained in a car accident, won't play at all this year
Freeney would be an amazing pickup, sadly I will play for the Phins before Freeney does
Briggs is playing well, don't know his situation
Like Freeney, Clements isn't going anywhere
I don't know alot about Grant :confused:

I really think that OL, LB, S, and WR (I think this is Booker's last season in MIA) are the biggest areas of concern, but I don't want to see the Phins throwing big money around just for the sake of doing so. If it makes sense then fine, otherwise they should be conservative.

I dont really know how well that new LG is gonna play that the Phins picked up......but...the truth is....it was one good game....we'll just wait and see tomorrow and the next game.etc.....consistency is what the team should be after
Exactly

And from what opfin told me about Fonoti, the guy won't help us.

GoBills24
11-12-2006, 12:42 AM

Agreed on this.

Bills have a lot of cap room to play with this off-season, with high payed vets like Milloy, Adams, and Moulds now off the books. That, on top of about 10 million free currently.

One name I do like to see on that list is Justin Gage, the WR from Chicago. He's buried on the depth chart behind Muhsin and Berrian. He's a very tall guy, who wins tons of jumpball battles.

Exactly what the Bills need, without spending a bunch.

I'm excited about the off-season already! :D

icephinfan
11-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Not really, I want to see how the Phins finish the season before I play GM

No to Schaub
Starks isn't going anywhere
Carswell is still recovering from serious injuries sustained in a car accident, won't play at all this year
Freeney would be an amazing pickup, sadly I will play for the Phins before Freeney does
Briggs is playing well, don't know his situation
I don't know alot about Grant :confused:

I really think that OL, LB, S, and WR (I think this is Booker's last season in MIA) are the biggest areas of concern, but I don't want to see the Phins throwing big money around just for the sake of doing so. If it makes sense then fine, otherwise they should be conservative.

Exactly

And from what opfin told me about Fonoti, the guy won't help us.

Well, they were on the list damnit!!!!!:mad:

like2god
11-12-2006, 01:17 AM
Well, they were on the list damnit!!!!!:mad:
:lol: Yes............yes they were.

We don't need Schaub, no matter what, Daunte is the QB next year. Not all of the players that make it to FA are attainable, the really good players will be tagged (Freeney, Clements). Carswell is indeed a good T but he suffered some serious internal injuries and might not even be ready for next year. Maybe Briggs, Grant or Davis will be worth a look, right now it is way too early to make a shopping list of players, I just thought that I would share the list to show how thin the list is at OL.

icephinfan
11-12-2006, 01:20 AM
:lol: Yes............yes they were.

We don't need Schaub, no matter what, Daunte is the QB next year. Not all of the players that make it to FA are attainable, the really good players will be tagged (Freeney, Clements). Carswell is indeed a good T but he suffered some serious internal injuries and might not even be ready for next year. Maybe Briggs, Grant or Davis will be worth a look, right now it is way too early to make a shopping list of players, I just thought that I would share the list to show how thin the list is at OL.

Schaub for backup, lose Joey.We do need a few O-Linemen, LB, S,maybe a D-linemen if Traylor retires.

like2god
11-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Schaub for backup, lose Joey.We do need a few O-Linemen, LB, S,maybe a D-linemen if Traylor retires.
First off, Schaub is a restricted FA and if he did leave ATL he would be looking for an opportunity to start, he won't get that here unless Culpepper has a huge setback.

I agree that we need OL help but there isn't going to be much out there unless there are other names that I missed or may become available. LB is a definite need, Secondary is a definite need and DL could become an area of concern. And if this is Booker's last season in MIA, WR will need to be addressed. Again, I didn't want this to turn into a FA shopping list, it's way too early for that. Some of these guys will sign before the season is over and others will get the Franchise tag slapped on them.

icephinfan
11-12-2006, 01:40 AM
First off, Schaub is a restricted FA and if he did leave ATL he would be looking for an opportunity to start, he won't get that here unless Culpepper has a huge setback.

I agree that we need OL help but there isn't going to be much out there unless there are other names that I missed or may become available. LB is a definite need, Secondary is a definite need and DL could become an area of concern. And if this is Booker's last season in MIA, WR will need to be addressed. Again, I didn't want this to turn into a FA shopping list, it's way too early for that. Some of these guys will sign before the season is over and others will get the Franchise tag slapped on them.

Also, L2G you have to remember, some teams will be cutting big name players to make the salary cap. So, if the names on the list aren't an option, other players will become available.