PDA

View Full Version : racing

Brewers
11-06-2006, 07:34 PM
I want to be a race car driver when I grow up. Seriously. Its been my dream for as long as I can remember. So please dont flame me for this.
Does anybody know how one becomes a driver? Is there a college that I should go to? Or what?
I plan on racing dirt track when I am 18. But for the most part, you lose money doing that, because It takes a lot to keep maintence on your car, unless if you can get some serious sponsers. What would I have to do to contact Formula 1 teams and such, about trying to race for them?
And its not like I can just go out and practice racing at talledega or anything. I play racing simulators at the mall and on xbox, but thats not like the real thing, you know?
So can someone please help me out? Like I said I am serious about this. If you know anything about any kind of racing let me know. drag, nascar, formula 1, monster jam, etc.
thanks guys

inFINSible
11-06-2006, 07:45 PM
I want to be a race car driver when I grow up. Seriously. Its been my dream for as long as I can remember. So please dont flame me for this.
Does anybody know how one becomes a driver? Is there a college that I should go to? Or what?
I plan on racing dirt track when I am 18. But for the most part, you lose money doing that, because It takes a lot to keep maintence on your car, unless if you can get some serious sponsers. What would I have to do to contact Formula 1 teams and such, about trying to race for them?
And its not like I can just go out and practice racing at talledega or anything. I play racing simulators at the mall and on xbox, but thats not like the real thing, you know?
So can someone please help me out? Like I said I am serious about this. If you know anything about any kind of racing let me know. drag, nascar, formula 1, monster jam, etc.
thanks guysI think your only choices would be at local stock car tracks, on which I think you only have to be 16 years old to drive....or possibly get into go kart racing.....either way you're going to have to prove yourself before you get anywhere near a real race team.

But, don't let anything stop you if you have talent and it's what you really want to do.

Brewers
11-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Yea, but thats really expensive to get into without any sponsers.

woody1351
11-07-2006, 12:26 AM
if u wanna run nascar get a old car and run at the race track, or get a midget or champ car.. USAC.. get into sprint cars.. get a gokart and then work ur way up to F1 or irl.

banzaitrey
11-07-2006, 02:33 AM
I have raced all my life and my father ran Baby Grands which was started off strong in 98 but has died off as of late...Its a lot about having connections like family or friends that race...Right now i am in the process of building a front engine dragster that should do 200+mph...

Pagan
11-07-2006, 07:58 AM
There's only one way, like with any other profession...start at the bottom and work your way up.

UltraDol-Fan
11-07-2006, 10:43 AM
There's only one way, like with any other profession...start at the bottom and work your way up.

:yeahthat: do all the local tracks, meet people, mingle.

Pagan
11-07-2006, 10:51 AM
:yeahthat: do all the local tracks, meet people, mingle.
....and most importantly of all.....WIN.

Brewers
11-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I found out on the NHRA website that I could enter my car in the NHRA circuit, if it met the requirements.
I need to save up some money to get a car though.

I am thinking about joining the National Guard, becuase you get a $20,000 enlistment bonus, that they give you right away, and this could help me out.
Is that a good idea?

Pagan
11-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I found out on the NHRA website that I could enter my car in the NHRA circuit, if it met the requirements.
I need to save up some money to get a car though.

I am thinking about joining the National Guard, becuase you get a $20,000 enlistment bonus, that they give you right away, and this could help me out.
Is that a good idea?
No, it isn't.

You'll need a good deal more than $20,000 to own and operate an NHRA car. Don't try to jump right into the big leagues when you have no experience.

Start out small.

Brewers
11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Do you think this car is worth the price? I want a nice car with a big motor, NOT TO TURN INTO A STOCK CAR, but just for a car.
1994FordMustangGtMILEAGE:188,009EXT.COLOR:GreenENGINE SIZE:5.0L-GasSTOCK#:F70242ATRANSMISSION:AUTOMATICVIN:1FALP42T4RF231314LOCATION:Ford Store-Blair
$5990

Pagan
11-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Six grand for a 12 year old car with almost 200K miles? Is it worth it?

No.

Brewers
11-08-2006, 07:43 PM
do you think this would be a great car for me to start out for drag racing?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-BUICK-REGAL-DRAG-RACE-CAR-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ120049490029QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6141QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem