PDA

View Full Version : Scariest scene in a movie.

Majpain
11-06-2006, 08:09 PM
??

Maybe not scary but sure is creepy.

Movie- Mothman Prophecies

"Your reading my mind aren't you?
What is in my hand?"

"Chapstick"

Its just the way it was set up and the creepy voice. I keep playing it back over and over.

nolefin
11-06-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah i remember that it was freaky

Noodle Arm
11-06-2006, 08:35 PM
??

Maybe not scary but sure is creepy.

Movie- Mothman Prophecies

"Your reading my mind aren't you?
What is in my hand?"

"Chapstick"

Its just the way it was set up and the creepy voice. I keep playing it back over and over.

I don't know, the whole "Chapstick" thing threw me off. It just seemed corny...maybe it's because I hate chapstick :lol: I actually found the scene where he rolls over and sees his dead wife laying next to him to be MUCH more frightening.

I'm going to mention pretty much anything in the last 10 minutes of Halloween, mainly the scene where Laurie is trying to open the house door while Michael is calmly walking across the street after her.While it's not "scary" (and tame by today's standards), it sure is suspenseful.

icephinfan
11-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Halloween, the closet scene was classic.

Slappy8800
11-06-2006, 08:46 PM
last time i was scared at a movie was when jurassic park first came out...i was like 8...when the Trex broke out and let out that roar...i almost pissed my pants

SCall13
11-06-2006, 09:08 PM
The scene in Halloween when Laurie was running from Michael and was trying to get Tommy Doyle to open the door as Michael was coming from across the street. That scene was pretty damn intense.

icephinfan
11-06-2006, 09:13 PM
The scene in Halloween when Laurie was running from Michael and was trying to get Tommy Doyle to open the door as Michael was coming from across the street. That scene was pretty damn intense.

That is a great scene as well.:D

PrepDogg
11-06-2006, 09:13 PM
How about that scene at the end of Excercist 2 when Blair goes back to her old house and finds herself in her old room. :( Freaks me out to this day.

Noodle Arm
11-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Thief!! :shakeno: :fire:

:tongue:

finswin56
11-06-2006, 10:01 PM
The original, not the remake.

That first scene is the ultimate in suspense. If you haven't seen it, make sure you watch it at night with your girlfriend/wife... Let's just say it would be even better to watch it if she's babysitting :evil:

Stitches
11-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Showgirls, everytime Elizabeth Berkely(is that her name? it's the girl from Saved by the Bell) comes on stage topless. Almost ruined me for life.

Uncle Rico II
11-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Halloween, the closet scene was classic.

I was going to say the closet too. I saw that movie when I was 4, yes 4. Talk about nightmares for an entire childhood!

Stitches
11-06-2006, 11:39 PM
I was going to say the closet too. I saw that movie when I was 4, yes 4. Talk about nightmares for an entire childhood!

You my friend, were a ballsy 4 year old.

Blade
11-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Showgirls, everytime Elizabeth Berkely(is that her name? it's the girl from Saved by the Bell) comes on stage topless. Almost ruined me for life.
LOL, come on.

Well, ok i see you point. That scene in the pool when they are makin love was pretty scary.

Prophet
11-07-2006, 12:54 AM
When the Skipper was eyeing up Gilligan...

Quelonio
11-07-2006, 01:18 AM
I got to say when the old lady appears dressed in the little girls first communion gown, and then when they are hiding in the closet and the old lady opens the door in The Others.

PhinzN703
11-07-2006, 11:13 AM

Jesse Spano can wax my surfboard anytime :lol:

In_Flames
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
The scene in which Borat and Azamat engage in a naked wrestling match in a Hotel, in the movie Borat....:couch:

Pagan
11-07-2006, 01:40 PM
In The Evil Dead when they're guessing the cards and all of a sudden a demonic voice starts shouting out the cards, then they look over to the window and their friend is possessed and shouts "WHY HAVE YOU AWAKENED US FROM OUR ANCIENT SLUMBER?"

That and the beginning of The Grudge when Yoko is in the attic and turns around and the ghost is right there.

I wanted to kill my wife the other night. I went up into our attic to get something, and right before I turned on the light she was halfway up the stairs and did that goddamned creaking noice the ghost from The Grudge did.

Scared the piss out of me. :lol:

In_Flames
11-07-2006, 01:52 PM
In The Evil Dead when they're guessing the cards and all of a sudden a demonic voice starts shouting out the cards, then they look over to the window and their friend is possessed and shouts "WHY HAVE YOU AWAKENED US FROM OUR ANCIENT SLUMBER?"

gotta love the Evil Dead Trilogy....:yes:

SCall13
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Another scary scene was in Salem's Lot when the little boy (who was now a vampire) was tapping on the window outside his friends room and when the boy (non-vampire) opened the curtain, his undead friend was hovering in front of him then floated into the bedroom. THAT was freaky.

Colorado Dolfan
11-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Another scary scene was in Salem's Lot when the little boy (who was anow a vampire) was tapping on the window outside his friends room and when the boy (non-vampire) opened the curtain, his undead friend was hovering in front of him then floated into the bedroom. THAT was freaky.

That scared the crap out of me!

Open the window. Open the window, Mark. Open the window, Mark. Please! Let me in! It's OK, Mark, I'm your friend. He commands it!

Megatron
11-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Another scary scene was in Salem's Lot when the little boy (who was anow a vampire) was tapping on the window outside his friends room and when the boy (non-vampire) opened the curtain, his undead friend was hovering in front of him then floated into the bedroom. THAT was freaky.Nightmares for weeks on that one. There is a scene in the movie Gothic where one of the women is resting on a bed and the camera pans over to the picture of a little demon on the wall. It cuts quickly back to the woman and the thing is sitting on her chest and turns it's head to stare at the camera.

Stitches
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
The scene in which Borat and Azamat engage in a naked wrestling match in a Hotel, in the movie Borat....:couch:

SPOILER!!!!!!!!

That was very scary indeed though.

In_Flames
11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
SPOILER!!!!!!!!

That was very scary indeed though.

:lol: reading about it is one thing, but it's a whole different experience actually seeing it....on the big screen...

Stitches
11-07-2006, 03:07 PM
:lol: reading about it is one thing, but it's a whole different experience actually seeing it....on the big screen...

No joke, words can't describe what I saw there. :eek: :lol: :boohoo:

DrAstroZoom
11-07-2006, 03:31 PM
The next-to-last scene in The Ring is pretty damn creepy.

Here's a great list. Great way to kill an afternoon: 100 Scariest Movie Scenes of All Time (http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/).

NJFINSFAN1
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
The Jaws sence with the head in the boat always gets me!

Majpain
11-07-2006, 04:53 PM
The next-to-last scene in The Ring is pretty damn creepy.

Here's a great list. Great way to kill an afternoon: 100 Scariest Movie Scenes of All Time (http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/).

Thanks Astro! Great post.

PrepDogg
11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Jesse Spano can wax my surfboard anytime :lol:

Touche

Colorado Dolfan
11-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Nice link, Astro...

As for the 'Salem's Lot scene, retroCRUSH has it dead on: http://www.retrocrush.com/scary/46.html

DrAstroZoom
11-07-2006, 05:23 PM
There are some GREAT hidden treasure movies on that list. Check 'em out.