PDA

View Full Version : Why was my thread deleted?

spydertl79
11-07-2006, 01:37 AM
:fire: I posted a thread last night about gay players in the NFL and it was either deleted or moved somewhere that I can't find it. I did not use the term gay in a derogatory or demeaning way, I was trying to spark a serious, mature discussion. I have never had a problem with the admins as long as I've been frequenting this site but this is an example of not only a flaw with this website, but a flaw with society. Why is a discussion about whether NFL players are gay and whether or not that would be accepted (posted in the correct forum) worthy of deletion while one of one million threads about Randy Moss or how the Dolphins suck or Chad Johnson's antics are left alone? I posted an interesting and different thread that followed the TOS. I am upset and disgusted by the actions of your administrators and I would really love to hear an explanation.

byroan
11-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Who cares if a player is gay?

spydertl79
11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Who cares if a player is gay?
So you have no answer as to why my thread was deleted?

byroan
11-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Your thread was deleted because it served no real purpose.

spydertl79
11-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Your thread was deleted because it served no real purpose.
Is that against the terms of service?
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1061453697#post1061453697
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=168694

What purpose do these threads serve?

For that matter what purpose do any threads serve other then to spark discussion, like mine? This is a discussion board, no? Perhaps the mod that deleted this is a little trigger happy...

byroan
11-07-2006, 01:59 AM
FYI, It was an Admin that deleted it.

spydertl79
11-07-2006, 02:02 AM
FYI, It was an Admin that deleted it.
I would like this administrator to explain.

byroan
11-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Another FYI, I can read the reason you put for reporting a post.

inFINSible
11-07-2006, 07:15 AM
I would like this administrator to explain.
I'm not the Admin who deleted your thread but, I can tell you why it was deleted. Because there are too many people on this MB who are not mature enough to handle discussing a subject like that and I shudder to think what that thread would turn into.

WharfRat
11-07-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm not the Admin who deleted your thread but, I can tell you why it was deleted. Because there are too many people on this MB who are not mature enough to handle discussing a subject like that and I shudder to think what that thread would turn into.

...what it was already turning into....

BTW... I'm the Admin that moved it.
Why? because it really doesn't matter if they're gay or not does it?
any more than it matters whether they're black or white.

spydertl79
11-07-2006, 04:03 PM
...what it was already turning into....

BTW... I'm the Admin that moved it.
Why? because it really doesn't matter if they're gay or not does it?
any more than it matters whether they're black or white.
It does matter, just like it mattered that Jackie Robinson was black. I understand Infinsible's reason but I still disagree with my thread being deleted, not moved. If it were to be moved into the PoFo where people (for the most part) are more mature then I wouldn't be angry.

spydertl79
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Another FYI, I can read the reason you put for reporting a post.:party: :banana: :banana: :banana:

njfinfan
11-07-2006, 06:53 PM
It does matter, just like it mattered that Jackie Robinson was black. I understand Infinsible's reason but I still disagree with my thread being deleted, not moved. If it were to be moved into the PoFo where people (for the most part) are more mature then I wouldn't be angry.

Why would a thread about gay athletes be moved into the Political/War Forum. As WharfRat stated, it doesn't matter who's gay/straight/black/white. A post like that is destined to cause controversy and negative feedback. It has nothing to do with football.

FIN-IN-RI
11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Why would a thread about gay athletes be moved into the Political/War Forum. As WharfRat stated, it doesn't matter who's gay/straight/black/white. A post like that is destined to cause controversy and negative feedback. It has nothing to do with football.

Hey nj.. I'm truley sorry for your loss. My mother is about to go through her second chemo cycle for breast cancer. We seem to have similar relationships with our mom's so i just want you to know that I feel some of your pain.

njfinfan
11-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Hey nj.. I'm truley sorry for your loss. My mother is about to go through her second chemo cycle for breast cancer. We seem to have similar relationships with our mom's so i just want you to know that I feel some of your pain.

Thanks RI. I truly appreciate your sentiments. We do have similar relationships because I have just been diagnosed in remission from my breast cancer. I'll pray for your mom though. Take care and you can always pm me if you need help or advice.

Mary

cnc66
11-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks RI. I truly appreciate your sentiments. We do have similar relationships because I have just been diagnosed in remission from my breast cancer. I'll pray for your mom though. Take care and you can always pm me if you need help or advice.

Mary

yeee haww !!!!! :rawk:

FIN-IN-RI
11-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Mary

remission = good. right?

njfinfan
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
yeee haww !!!!! :rawk:

Thanks Marty. I consider you, among many on this board, as one who has been here and supported me through everything. You're a great friend.

njfinfan
11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
remission = good. right?

Yes - remission is great. Let's pray for your mom and hopefully she'll be in remission soon.

cnc66
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks Marty. I consider you, among many on this board, as one who has been here and supported me through everything. You're a great friend.

the honor is mine Mary, I will share this news with Camden and Debi, my friends who also won, they too will be happy for you.

njfinfan
11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
the honor is mine Mary, I will share this news with Camden and Debi, my friends who also won, they too will be happy for you.

Please do Marty. Thanks.

FIN-IN-RI
11-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Yes - remission is great. Let's pray for your mom and hopefully she'll be in remission soon.

Congratulations and many thanks.

Celtkin
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM

That's fantastic news, Mary! I am so relieved that you will be around for a lonnnnnnggggg time more.

njfinfan
11-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks Derek. Me and my family too.