PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Tree Fort??

WharfRat
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
We're starting fresh... again.
A New Beginning... a new era....

The Tree Fort lives... just in a different neck of the woods.

If you follow this trail of breadcrumbs through the FinHeaven Forest... you can find it:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=168762

We decided to revive it here... because some of the off color humor was, well, causing a few problems. We want you to have fun, after all, that's what this site exists for. However, there are rules we need to enforce.
So.... in order to uphold the rules, AND allow everyone to have that special place for your own brand of banter... we gave it it's new home.

Enjoy.

Lappy
11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
We're starting fresh... again.
A New Beginning... a new era....

The Tree Fort lives... just in a different neck of the woods.

If you follow this trail of breadcrumbs through the FinHeaven Forest... you can find it:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=168762

We decided to revive it here... because some of the off color humor was, well, causing a few problems. We want you to have fun, after all, that's what this site exists for. However, there are rules we need to enforce.
So.... in order to uphold the rules, AND allow everyone to have that special place for your own brand of banter... we gave it it's new home.

Enjoy.

Thanks Wharf!

WharfRat
11-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks Wharf!

Again... it was all of us, not just me :wink:

Now you guys (and gals) can say/do just about anything you want....

Motion
11-07-2006, 12:03 PM

Brave words considering who your talking too :lol:

Stitches
11-07-2006, 12:07 PM

Shhhh, you'll draw attention to us.

WharfRat
11-07-2006, 12:08 PM

:lol: I did say "just about"... besides...it's pretty much anything goes in the Depths...

lazareth
11-07-2006, 01:29 PM
:hail:

Nappy Roots
11-07-2006, 01:32 PM

oh man. great.:rolleyes2

im going to end up clicking on the thread and wade will have posted a bunch pictures of gay neked dudes..:shakeno:

lazareth
11-07-2006, 01:58 PM
oh man. great.:rolleyes2

im going to end up clicking on the thread and wade will have posted a bunch pictures of gay neked dudes..:shakeno:
you don't have to worry aboot that...no pics allowed in the depths anyway

plus wade won't be coming back to FH

Nappy Roots
11-07-2006, 02:08 PM
you don't have to worry aboot that...no pics allowed in the depths anyway

no way

that ****in sucks. :shakeno:

The Rev
11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
We want you to have fun, after all, that's what this site exists for. However, there are rules we need to enforce.

Enjoy.
[/SIZE]

:chuckle:

That's one way to put it.

Motion
11-07-2006, 04:52 PM

How come?

In_Flames
11-07-2006, 05:08 PM
How come?

My guess is that he found a younger, more attractive message board....:crying:

lazareth
11-07-2006, 07:16 PM
My guess is that he found a younger, more attractive message board....:crying:
:sidelol:

inFINSible
11-07-2006, 07:23 PM
That is funny...:chuckle:

lazareth
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
contrary to the whole ugly affair itself

Motion
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Seriously though, whats the deal???

lazareth
11-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Seriously though, whats the deal???
we'll probably never know all the details, i am sure there were things going on under the hood that us peons are not privy to

NaboCane
11-08-2006, 01:26 AM
I probably shouldn't even say anything...which means, of course, that I will. :rolleyes:

I've been through this a couple times now, and I'm sick of the internet drama. Particularly the specific type of drama common to message boards, due to the anonymous nature of the forum - and the resulting false sense of liberation from following certain social conventions in interpersonal transactions.

Here's the bottom line:
There are rules.
They make the site what it is, and keep it friendly to a large and diverse group of people.
Follow the rules or get the **** out.Know what I find ironic in all this? That each of us was first drawn to this community because of what it is - because the rules that are in place keep it what it is.

Yet every time we have some little bit of drama, it is the result of someone saying, essentially, "I know there are rules, but I can make this place better/wittier/hipper/funnier if I can just be the exception to those rules."

It doesn't work that way. No community does.

Thousands of unique users love it here because the rules keep it friendly for everyone; if you find yourself chafing under those rules, or under the enforcement of them by staff, then by all means, please - don't continue making yourself miserable over something completely within your control - leave. Find a place that suits you better.

It's not that we don't want you here; I personally want everyone to be happy here. But if you're not, then you're only making yourself unhappy and projecting that unhappiness to others by staying around, bitching and moaning about something that thousands of other people find perfectly acceptable.

I love you GW, just like I loved some of the others in the last group that had to go because they couldn't find a way to live here. But no one "makes" this community, no matter how funny or how well-liked. You'll be missed, but life will go on - on both sides.

You know what I really hope? That this is all a big hoax, and that I got taken in by it. I'll be hoping for that.

Dolfan984
11-08-2006, 03:13 AM
i've seen the fall of the ppk and now 3am kinda :lol:

both were hilarious as hell, too bad some stepped over the line too many times. I hope noone leaves seriously all you guys were as funny as hell

lazareth
11-08-2006, 03:25 AM
i miss LtDan's thread

NaboCane
11-08-2006, 04:04 AM
i miss LtDan's threadMe too, brother. :(

inFINSible
11-08-2006, 06:12 AM
contrary to the whole ugly affair itself
Yeah, it's too bad it was taken to an unneccessary level.

Motion
11-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Hmmmm.... I see. Well said Nabo. Hope everything works out for the best for everyone.

Mike13
11-08-2006, 01:37 PM
What happens if there is a rebellion against the Mods?

WharfRat
11-08-2006, 01:48 PM
What happens if there is a rebellion against the Mods?

short answer?

you lose.

/me shrugs

seriously... it's been tried before. It didn't work out very well for those involved. The mods and staff you see ARE this site... kill all the mods and admins, and there is no FinHeaven.... literally. :wink:

Stitches
11-08-2006, 03:03 PM
short answer?

you lose.

/me shrugs

seriously... it's been tried before. It didn't work out very well for those involved. The mods and staff you see ARE this site... kill all the mods and admins, and there is no FinHeaven.... literally. :wink:

I love the Mods. I aspire to be one one day, and try to act like them. (Though I have no real power)

It's like pretending you're superman as a kid. Though here you can punish people with your powers(only those who deserve it mind you). What's super man do? He can't even catch things.

Dolfan984
11-08-2006, 04:45 PM
short answer?

you lose.

/me shrugs

Trust me. I've seen it. I lost a couple good friends back then and I don't want to lose anymore.

Rocky Raccoon
11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
short answer?

you lose.

/me shrugs

:sidelol: oh man I wish I was around to see that.

WharfRat
11-08-2006, 06:52 PM
:sidelol: oh man I wish I was around to see that.

Actually... you're better off not having seen it.
It was ugly. just ugly.

Quelonio
11-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Trust me. I've seen it. I lost a couple good friends back then and I don't want to lose anymore.

I wasnt but I remember a beautiful campfire story... I think Noodle Arm wrote it.. That my friends was one of the best posts I have ever seen.

(I also remember Nabo was far more incendiary about that time than this one... good to see you have mellowed)

Roman529
11-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Whatever happened to the 3 am crew thread? :boohoo:

I miss it. We all used to check in at 3 am...and somebody would track who made roll call, and Cyrus was our leader, and there was lots of goo.

So sad. :(

Mike13
11-09-2006, 02:12 AM
short answer?

you lose.

* WharfRat shrugs

:lol: I'm just messing with you guys.

GRAPEAPE
11-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Well this explains why I couldn't find it at least!!

The Rev
11-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Well this explains why I couldn't find it at least!!

Grape! :hi5:
Where you been brother? I've missed you. :wink:

NMNB
11-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Whatever happened to the 3 am crew thread? :boohoo:

I miss it. We all used to check in at 3 am...and somebody would track who made roll call, and Cyrus was our leader, and there was lots of goo.

So sad. :(

:boohoo:me too

NMNB
11-15-2006, 07:57 PM
no such thing anyway. The "Tree Fort" was something invented by MindWarp.

King Felix
11-16-2006, 02:48 AM