PDA

View Full Version : Great Article from SI regarding Saban

Nick Mangold
11-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban will finally start facing more criticism: I've said it before and I'll say it again: What has this man done to deserve so much praise heading into this season? Whatever he did in college obviously isn't working at this level, and I can already say, with great confidence, that there will be no season-ending winning streaks to get this team back over .500 after its 2-6 start. What's also important to note about Saban is how poorly he's handled his personnel. Not only did he choose Culpepper as his quarterback over the same Drew Brees, who's now become a hero in New Orleans, but he also let Culpepper mismanage his rehabilitation from offseason knee surgery. The best thing I can say about Saban's reign is that it's easy to assign blame here. He has all the control. He takes all the weight.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/07/midseason/2.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ex.html?cnn=yes)

right on, IMO.

DolfanTom
11-07-2006, 03:35 PM
(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ex.html?cnn=yes)

right on, IMO.

Too bad nobody gives a Fark about your opinion here! :lol:

BwanaZulia
11-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I don't think the story of Nicky has been written yet. A new NFL HC gets 3-4 years in my book.

Of course, if he misses the playoffs this year (probable) and next year, that 4th year is going to be a tough one.

BZ

DolfanTom
11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't think the story of Nicky has been written yet. A new NFL HC gets 3-4 years in my book.

Of course, if he misses the playoffs this year (probable) and next year, that 4th year is going to be a tough one.

BZA more realistic point of view than ManLove's!

Book ain't been written on Nicky yet. You're right, though, if no playoffs NEXT year, especially if we play very well down the stretch and win several more THIS year - things will really be tough on him in year four.

BwanaZulia
11-07-2006, 04:14 PM
A more realistic point of view than ManLove's!

Book ain't been written on Nicky yet. You're right, though, if no playoffs NEXT year, especially if we play very well down the stretch and win several more THIS year - things will really be tough on him in year four.

Well, he better do something about the QB position and fast. I am not sure DC is the answer now or next year.

BZ

DolfanTom
11-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, he better do something about the QB position and fast. I am not sure DC is the answer now or next year.

BZYep, that's the big question isn't it! I really don't think we'll end up w/ better than a pick in the 8-10 range, so a Brady Quinn is out. I'd be shocked if we're at pick one or two when the season's over. We should draft somebody, but who is going to come right in and succeed?

I'd love to see DC come back and succeed, but he may not get the chance if Joey can - somehow - learn how NOT to make those 2-3 mistakes a game that have killed him his whole career. It's possible, and he'll certainly have the chance the next eight games as it looks like DC will be out of commission.

Nick Mangold
11-07-2006, 05:58 PM
A more realistic point of view than ManLove's!

thats not my point of view dude, its sports illustrated's point of view.

Nick Saban sucks, all that talent, noone to lead them anywhere, its too bad actually. :shakeno:

Terrible, terrible offseason moves....uh...well maybe next year he wont **** up the offseason as much and you guys MIGHT go to the playoffs for once. :sidelol:

tyson22
11-07-2006, 06:02 PM
manjuice, manjuice :shakeno: of course they are going to be bitter about saban, hes making those writers at SI look like a joke for all their super bowl predictions.

Mike13
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM
^ Nah Chadiha has a habit of bieng mentally challenged, although if there is no improvement next year Saban should be canned.

adamprez2003
11-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban will finally start facing more criticism: I've said it before and I'll say it again: What has this man done to deserve so much praise heading into this season? Whatever he did in college obviously isn't working at this level, and I can already say, with great confidence, that there will be no season-ending winning streaks to get this team back over .500 after its 2-6 start. What's also important to note about Saban is how poorly he's handled his personnel. Not only did he choose Culpepper as his quarterback over the same Drew Brees, who's now become a hero in New Orleans, but he also let Culpepper mismanage his rehabilitation from offseason knee surgery. The best thing I can say about Saban's reign is that it's easy to assign blame here. He has all the control. He takes all the weight.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/07/midseason/2.html

right on, IMO.

I agree that season 3 that'll be the case but not season 2. We had too many problem areas to deal with this year and last. Next year we finally have some cap space. Next year his rep is on the line

adamprez2003
11-07-2006, 07:38 PM

Nick Saban sucks, all that talent, noone to lead them anywhere, its too bad actually. :shakeno:

Terrible, terrible offseason moves....uh...well maybe next year he wont **** up the offseason as much and you guys MIGHT go to the playoffs for once. :sidelol:

we'll still finish with a better record than you. How many years does Mangini have. Are you guys going to the playoffs next year:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

BwanaZulia
11-08-2006, 08:32 AM
we'll still finish with a better record than you. How many years does Mangini have. Are you guys going to the playoffs next year:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

This year? Next year?

Seriously?

BZ

DolfanTom
11-08-2006, 10:00 AM

Terrible, terrible offseason moves....uh...well maybe next year he wont **** up the offseason as much and you guys MIGHT go to the playoffs for once. :sidelol:You said "IMO" moron - was your POV then.

Semantics, yes, but true.