PDA

View Full Version : Could Cleo Lemon have won this game for us?

tmny99
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Given that the defense, ST, OL, and Ronnie all played exceptionally well, I have been thinking about this Bears game and wondering if Cleo Lemon could have led us to a victory. Thoughts?

EAZY 0
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
any QB could have won this game

Aqua4Ever04
11-07-2006, 06:40 PM
In a word, yes.

SamTodd
11-07-2006, 06:46 PM
I voted NO simply because the last time i thought one of our third string QB's could come in and win games(sage) was.... well lets not go there, but he's never thrown a pass in a real game i wouldnt put him out there with the bears. Everyone hates on joey for 2 INT's and some overthrown balls and a few bad mistakes agaisnt the best defense in the league yet he made some very good throws(see 3 TD's) didn't get sacked and had a few good passes dropped(1st quarter chambers drop).

Dolfan984
11-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Honestly probably yes. The defense, special teams, and the running game were magical on Sunday.

MarinoForPres
11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could of a bum coached a win in this game; could of a highschool qb won this game? i mean come on now why does it half to start and when does it end?

FinsAreLife
11-07-2006, 07:17 PM
who knows, maybe cleo wouldnt of thrown both of those picks or maybe he would of thrown two more....too hard to tell.

Pocoloco
11-07-2006, 07:25 PM
sure he could. Our defense and running game is what won the game. At times, it seemed like Harrington was the only thing keeping the Bears in it

adamprez2003
11-07-2006, 07:28 PM
this thread just reminds of how little of the quarterbacks game people understand. I think for most people the only thing a QB does is throw the ball and if he completes it its good and if hedoesnt its bad. Harrington had a great game audibling to running plays when the defense was set up for it and passing plays when the opportunities were there. Think I'm just making that up? That's one of the things Saban praised Harrington for - the game mangement. I've been listening to Saban for a year and a half now and have figured out a little of Sabanspeak. When he feels you did poorly he doesnt mention you or skips over you or says there are still things that need to be worked on. Saban praised Harrington in this game and what it says is that Harrington called the perfect game and Saban wasnt as upset with the turnovers in this game as the rest of you. For someone to pose that a QB who never started is going to come in and audible the correct play every time against a top 3 defense and get the same outcome says it all to me

Anthony D.
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
this thread just reminds of how little of the quarterbacks game people understand. I think for most people the only thing a QB does is throw the ball and if he completes it its good and if hedoesnt its bad. Harrington had a great game audibling to running plays when the defense was set up for it and passing plays when the opportunities were there. Think I'm just making that up? That's one of the things Saban praised Harrington for - the game mangement. I've been listening to Saban for a year and a half now and have figured out a little of Sabanspeak. When he feels you did poorly he doesnt mention you or skips over you or says there are still things that need to be worked on. Saban praised Harrington in this game and what it says is that Harrington called the perfect game and Saban wasnt as upset with the turnovers in this game as the rest of you. For someone to pose that a QB who never started is going to come in and audible the correct play every time against a top 3 defense and get the same outcome says it all to meHarrington sucks. Bring on Cleo.

kud
11-07-2006, 07:35 PM
You need a "don't know" option, which everyone should vote. Seriously, what kind of question is this? Nobody has seen enough of Lemon to gauge how he'd do against the Bears, let alone a real regular season game. Poor thread.

bluehaze
11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Before this game the Bears had only allowed 4 passing TD's all year. Joey had 3 in one game.

Shamboubou
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I didn't see the who cares button!?!? Why are we asking these silly questions?

phinphan11
11-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I think it was a case of winning this game in spite of JH not because of him. He threw some terrible passes and kept the Bears in the game until late. With JH you get either feast or famine. I believe that Cleo will surprise some people once he gets his chance.

Phinz420
11-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Before this game the Bears had only allowed 4 passing TD's all year. Joey had 3 in one game.

How many of those Joey TDs came from Turnovers caused by the best defensive performance we have seen all year for Miami?

That said, I voted No in this poll because I feel that there is a good chance Lemon would have cracked against the Bears(all speculative).

For us to win games where our Defense doesnt do all of the work, we need Joey to show up and be accurate & smart with the football. Two things Joey has lacked in consistancy each and every game thus far.

FinfanDuda
11-07-2006, 08:11 PM
If Scarrington could win it, anyone could. I think my 4 year old son could have QBd and won it!

Kadiddlehopper
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
In a heartbeat!

LoneWulF
11-07-2006, 08:33 PM
absolutely. i cant wait for daunte to get back, and until then i wish saban would put in cleo

phinphan11
11-07-2006, 08:35 PM
absolutely. i cant wait for daunte to get back, and until then i wish saban would put in cleo

I thought I was the only one to feel this way....:cooldude:

brandon1986
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
who knows, i am not a big harrington fan, but who knows if cleo would have done

the defense won the game

retarmyfinfan
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
[quote=tmny99]Given that the defense, ST, OL, and Ronnie all played exceptionally well, I have been thinking about this Bears game and wondering if Cleo Lemon could have led us to a victory. Thoughts?[/quot

No comment.

GRT8
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Given that the defense, ST, OL, and Ronnie all played exceptionally well, I have been thinking about this Bears game and wondering if Cleo Lemon could have led us to a victory. Thoughts?

if a snow flake falls from the clouds, what is the chance of it melting at 2400ft when the temp is 32 degrees? could another snow flake make it further?

phinphan11
11-07-2006, 08:44 PM
[quote=tmny99]Given that the defense, ST, OL, and Ronnie all played exceptionally well, I have been thinking about this Bears game and wondering if Cleo Lemon could have led us to a victory. Thoughts?[/quot

No comment.

But you did comment by saying, "No comment"...... :tongue:

adamprez2003
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
if a snow flake falls from the clouds, what is the chance of it melting at 2400ft when the temp is 32 degrees? could another snow flake make it further?

can you do my taxes?

Sirspud
11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
You people always astound me. Joey hasn't come close to playing out of his job for a completely unheralded third stringer and anyone remotely involved with football would laugh at the thought.

phinphan11
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
You people always astound me. Joey hasn't come close to playing out of his job for a completely unheralded third stringer and anyone remotely involved with football would laugh at the thought.

Wasn't Jake Delhomme an unheralded third stringer at some point? All I'm saying is it couldn't hurt to give him a chance. If he doesn't work out then it's back to the bench.

What astounds me is that JH has done nothing so far to keep such a tight grip on his job either.

Rafiki
11-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes Cleo could have won that game. Harrington didn't do much.

Irish Phin Fan
11-07-2006, 09:35 PM
You need a "don't know" option, which everyone should vote. Seriously, what kind of question is this? Nobody has seen enough of Lemon to gauge how he'd do against the Bears, let alone a real regular season game. Poor thread.

:yeahthat:

Sirspud
11-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Wasn't Jake Delhomme an unheralded third stringer at some point? All I'm saying is it couldn't hurt to give him a chance. If he doesn't work out then it's back to the bench.

What astounds me is that JH has done nothing so far to keep such a tight grip on his job either.
It's the halfway of the season. You're saying it wouldn't hurt the morale of our team to remove a QB who threw three TD's and beat the top team in football for some guy who has done absolutely nothing to earn the oppurtunity here?

I wouldn't expect anything more out of Lemon than Ray Lucas.

FinfanDuda
11-07-2006, 09:39 PM
I think it is great that Scarrington is starting right now, and the more playing time the better...It just gives Dante more rehab time so that when he does come back he is in old form...It increases his trade value so that we can trade him away during the offseason, leaving Dante as the starter, and Cleo as the number 2 man next season.

rafael
11-07-2006, 09:46 PM
IMO 90% of the QBs on NFL rosters could win a game where the D and the running game are that dominant. The exceptions are the QBs who would throw 5 picks instead of just two.

Also, is there any evidence that JH audibled to running plays correctly? Saban said game management he didn't say audibles. There's more to game management than audibles and I certainly saw several quick passes that should have been audibled out of that JH threw anyways.

Coral Reefer
11-07-2006, 09:49 PM
In a word, yes.

You guys flat out kill me with this stuff.

Not even worth commenting on..... :shakeno:

Coral Reefer
11-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Any one remember Ray Lucas?

Could he have won the Bears game?

Lucas had much more experience in the league than Lemon who has yet to even face a starting caliber lineup in preseason games.

Any QB sitting on the bench is a superstar just waiting to be noticed with some of you.

Bring back Brock!

Coral Reefer
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
this thread just reminds of how little of the quarterbacks game people understand. I think for most people the only thing a QB does is throw the ball and if he completes it its good and if hedoesnt its bad. Harrington had a great game audibling to running plays when the defense was set up for it and passing plays when the opportunities were there. Think I'm just making that up? That's one of the things Saban praised Harrington for - the game mangement. I've been listening to Saban for a year and a half now and have figured out a little of Sabanspeak. When he feels you did poorly he doesnt mention you or skips over you or says there are still things that need to be worked on. Saban praised Harrington in this game and what it says is that Harrington called the perfect game and Saban wasnt as upset with the turnovers in this game as the rest of you. For someone to pose that a QB who never started is going to come in and audible the correct play every time against a top 3 defense and get the same outcome says it all to me

:up:

Nice post.

adamprez2003
11-07-2006, 10:08 PM
IMO 90% of the QBs on NFL rosters could win a game where the D and the running game are that dominant. The exceptions are the QBs who would throw 5 picks instead of just two.

Also, is there any evidence that JH audibled to running plays correctly? Saban said game management he didn't say audibles. There's more to game management than audibles and I certainly saw several quick passes that should have been audibled out of that JH threw anyways.

listen to his press conference on the Dolphin website and he specifically mentions a play that Harrington audibled into Brown that went for 20 or 25 yds

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/flash_content.asp

350Chevy
11-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Anyone at the QB position could've won this game for us. Your great-great grandmother who is in the grave with no arms and can't move unless someone moves her could've won the game. The point is the QB did not win us the game. You guys fail to realize that the QB did nothing, the O-Line, the Defense, and the Running back won the game for us. The QB sucked and doesn't make the whole team. Just because a game is won doesn't mean one sorry loser won the game.

Now, can you guys please stop sucking Joey's cawk for one minute please while we focus on the TEAM!? Joey sucks. Who cares!? A team is a team. God, this site is starting to make me wonder why I've been a Miami fan for all these years. I didn't realize so many of my brotherns were flat out blatent morons.

themole
11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
It's the halfway of the season. You're saying it wouldn't hurt the morale of our team to remove a QB who threw three TD's and beat the top team in football for some guy who has done absolutely nothing to earn the oppurtunity here?

You're arguing with Oysters Tater, don't waste youre time!

Coral Reefer
11-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I didn't realize so many of my brotherns were morons.

Ever considered that's because it may very well be the other way around? Maybe it's not your "brothers" that represent the moron.

Few if any are saying Harrington WON the game for the Phins. Harrington made enough plays to HELP them win and limited his screw ups against one of the toughest defenses in the league.

It's absolutely mind boggling in here sometimes.

GRT8
11-07-2006, 10:27 PM

GREAT GREAT POST!!!! THIS IS UP ON MY ALL TIME LIST.....NO... WAIT..... #1

Dolfan81
11-07-2006, 10:41 PM
i dnt think he could, i think part of winnin this game was all about gettin respect bac, nd lemon hasnt played nd hes 3rd string so he rlly has no respect 2 get bac

Slappy8800
11-07-2006, 10:55 PM
yea lets bring in the guy the charges traded for feeley....

Aqua4Ever04
11-07-2006, 10:57 PM
You guys flat out kill me with this stuff.

Not even worth commenting on..... :shakeno:

And you Joey supporters kill me. It is absolutely ridiculous that some of you guys saw a solid performance. Just kills me.

350Chevy
11-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Ever considered that's because it may very well be the other way around?

When your IQ surpasses my 156 let me know and I'll consider your question to my answer. Thanks again.

Joey did nothing that any QB in the league couldn't do. 130+ yards in an entire game? Please... Give me 30 yards to march down the field and I'll throw a few TDs and INTs too.

Most in this thread and others alike are saying Joey is the "savoir" because this game was won. I'm just trying to point out how r3tarded they are.. And rightfully so.

Slappy8800
11-07-2006, 11:27 PM
When your IQ surpasses my 156 let me know and I'll consider your question to my answer. Thanks again.

Joey did nothing that any QB in the league couldn't do. 130+ yards in an entire game? Please... Give me 30 yards to march down the field and I'll throw a few TDs and INTs too.

Most in this thread and others alike are saying Joey is the "savoir" because this game was won. I'm just trying to point out how r3tarded they are.. And rightfully so.

wow someone has a huge ego....

SuperBowlin07
11-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Harrington sucks. Bring on Cleo.

Cleo sucks. Harrington has immense talent as does Culpepper, Cleo will never see the light of any regular season game unless something extremely unordinary happens.

Vertical Limit
11-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, how many starts does Cleo Lemon have in the NFL? Zero you say? I don't think he wins this game.

SuperBowlin07
11-07-2006, 11:36 PM

If your IQ is so high... Why can't you spell "SAVIOR"?

Rocky Raccoon
11-07-2006, 11:46 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

:0wned:

bluehaze
11-08-2006, 12:04 AM
LOL This thread belongs in the Depths!

BSQX4
11-08-2006, 12:08 AM
350, who needs you to come here and try to insult fellow fin fans. A QB can easily lose a game for a team as we've seen many times since Dan retired. Joey did a good job, played pretty well and helped his team win. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? 3 TD passes against a GREAT defense. Not too shabby Mr. Mensa. Class is a good thing, try it sometime.

Aqua4Ever04
11-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah, how many starts does Cleo Lemon have in the NFL? Zero you say? I don't think he wins this game.

Guys like Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger had pretty good success in their first few games. (Ben beat us in his first ever start.)

bluehaze
11-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Guys like Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger had pretty good success in their first few games. (Ben beat us in his first ever start.)

So now Cleo Lemon = Tom Brady? LMAO stop man, your killing me! :sidelol:

dominizzo
11-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Im Not sold on Cleo LEEmon

MarinoForPres
11-08-2006, 01:00 AM
I didn't see the who cares button!?!? Why are we asking these silly questions?
amen!

Vertical Limit
11-08-2006, 01:03 AM
:lol: Gee, I think we should have started him in Week 1 then. Perhaps we would be 6-2.

350Chevy
11-08-2006, 01:11 AM

My bad, I guess you've never taken an IQ test. For one fast typing and spelling errors are normal. For two, grammar have nothing to do with IQ.

Want to find an online IQ test that we can take together that cannot be forged? I'm game. You'll lose. Thanks again.

350Chevy
11-08-2006, 01:12 AM
350, who needs you to come here and try to insult fellow fin fans. A QB can easily lose a game for a team as we've seen many times since Dan retired. Joey did a good job, played pretty well and helped his team win. Did he steal your girlfriend or something? 3 TD passes against a GREAT defense. Not too shabby Mr. Mensa. Class is a good thing, try it sometime.

I'm only insulting the un-intelligence of a few moronic Fins fans who think Joey is God. I have been a fins fan for a long time and it doesn't take a genius to figure out Joey is a loser.

Vertical Limit
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
My bad, I guess you've never taken an IQ test. For one fast typing and spelling errors are normal. For two, grammar have nothing to do with IQ.

Want to find an online IQ test that we can take together that cannot be forged? I'm game. You'll lose. Thanks again.
:rolleyes2

Oh lordy..

Aussiefinfan54
11-08-2006, 01:17 AM
let me think......NO WAY HE STINKS!!!!!!

350Chevy
11-08-2006, 02:33 AM
:rolleyes2

Oh lordy..

IQ tests are based on intelligence and brain processing. I'm sorry if my brain processes faster than my fingers when having few spelling errors (if more than that one) in 60+ posts. :rolleyes2

I guess you geniuses have never misstyped in your life. :sidelol:

Try again.

Aqua4Ever04
11-08-2006, 03:19 AM

I knew this was coming. That's one thing I can't stand about some posters. They take your words and twist them into their own sick little statements than get a laugh out of it. When did I say that Lemon was Brady? All I said was that quarterbacks can win games in their first start. It's not prohibited you know. [edit].

no personal attacks allowed

Coral Reefer
11-08-2006, 04:08 AM
And you Joey supporters kill me. It is absolutely ridiculous that some of you guys saw a solid performance. Just kills me.

That's where you continue to screw up.
I'm not a "Joey supporter". Anyone around here that thinks Harrington needed to come in over Culpepper and acknowledges that the man is producing more at the QB position than Culpepper was gets labled a "Joey lover" by this Culpepper spirit club that has formed. That is what is ridiculous. Thanks for giving a prime example.

All I see anybody saying is that Harrington while not playing perfect did in fact step up and make some good plays when they were needed. Was he inconsistent as usual and did he make one of his classic INT's? Absolutely. However, he did make enough plays and limit screw ups against one of the top Defenses in the league.

To say any QB could do that is absurd. See Ray Lucas, he was a one man wrecking crew. No one has any idea what Lemon can do against top competition because he's NEVER faced anyone on that level in a game situation. Not even in preseason. Assuming the kid could have even held his own is a BIG stretch.

Coral Reefer
11-08-2006, 04:12 AM

Sure thing Mr. Mensa.. :rolleyes2
What a cry for attention.
Am I supposed to bow down now or something?
Sure you didn't leave out a decimal point.... 1.56?

Coral Reefer
11-08-2006, 04:14 AM

:sidelol:

PhinsRock
11-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Possibly, but don't think it would have been a good idea.

Mike13
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Noo.

Alex44
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM

He played absolutly horrid. Just because the team wins doesnt mean the QB played well enough to win.

I guess he played well in comparison to Grossman, but thats not saying much.

You cant throw 2 terrible picks, another ball that should have been picked, complete under 50% of your passes and have a good day.

phinphan11
11-08-2006, 05:25 PM

Well the moral is a lot better today than is has been because of the big win Sunday but this could change with the very next loss.

Yes, JH threw 3 TDs in that game.... to go along with his 2 INTs and multiple misfires (over and under throws) to wide open receivers (There's a pattern developing here). We won in spite of his play, not neccesarily because of it.

He has constantly been just good enough to score some points but then will turn right around and give up a turnover that changes the game's momentum for good.

My question for you is how in the hell can someone do anything until they get an oppurtunity? No one will ever know what he can do in a game until he gets his chance. Why is that so hard to understand?

Alex44
11-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Well the moral is a lot better today than is has been because of the big win Sunday but this could change with the very next loss.

Yes, JH threw 3 TDs in that game.... to go along with his 2 INTs and multiple misfires (over and under throws) to wide open receivers (There's a pattern developing here). We won in spite of his play, not neccesarily because of it.

He has constantly been just good enough to score some points but then will turn right around and give up a turnover that changes the game's momentum for good.

My question for you is how in the hell can someone do anything until they get an oppurtunity? No one will ever know what he can do in a game until he gets his chance. Why is that so hard to understand?

:yeahthat:

Basically yeah we scored 31 points, but if he could actually hit receivers it could have been more.

If we arent moving the ball well at halftime or are down 10+ Id like to see Cleo in