PDA

View Full Version : Demographics Survey... Please Fill Out...



FinHeavenAJ
05-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Hello, if you could please fill out this very short survey I would GREATLY appreciate it. As always, your information will remain private... heck, I don't even see what you submit. When you fill out the survey, you become an untraceable number. So, as stated, I won't sell your information or give it to others.

So, if you have some free time... please click here:
http://www.finheaven.com/survey/public/survey.php?name=demographics

Thank you once again...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

ohall
05-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Hello, if you could please fill out this very short survey I would GREATLY appreciate it. As always, your information will remain private... heck, I don't even see what you submit. When you fill out the survey, you become an untraceable number. So, as stated, I won't sell your information or give it to others.

So, if you have some free time... please click here:
http://www.finheaven.com/survey/public/survey.php?name=demographics

Thank you once again...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

LOL you can't be serious?

Oliver...

FinHeavenAJ
05-12-2003, 10:25 PM
What are you questioning? I won't sell or give out individual information. Like I won't walk up to company XYZ and tell them member A makes this amount of money and etc. As said, I can't even see who submitted what, and I am being serious. However, this script does compile a total result, and that would be used for advertising purposes.

WeVie
05-12-2003, 10:54 PM
I filled it out but what is it for?

FinHeavenAJ
05-12-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm receiving a few emails from potential advertisers, but they want to get some demographics of our visitors first...

That's all it's for...

ohall
05-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
What are you questioning? I won't sell or give out individual information. Like I won't walk up to company XYZ and tell them member A makes this amount of money and etc. As said, I can't even see who submitted what, and I am being serious. However, this script does compile a total result, and that would be used for advertising purposes.

Are you sure you want me to give my opinion in public?

Oliver...

Miamian
05-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Did it. I've answered much longer and taxing surveys than that.

FinHeavenAJ
05-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Oliver


Are you sure you want me to give my opinion in public?

Oliver...

Oliver, you can believe whatever you wish to believe; however, I highly doubt that your opinion is correct. I hate it when people lie to me, thus I won't do it to others. In addition, if you go to ANY website (KFFL.com is a great example) they provide the demographics that I am requesting. In fact, they offer a little bit more indepth information... check it out here. (http://www.kffl.com/static/advertising/)

But like I said, if you wish to believe that I'm misleading members, then I'm sorry that you feel this way, as I am being completely honest.


Originally posted by Miamian
Did it. I've answered much longer and taxing surveys than that.

Thanks Miamian, I really appreciate your help. As I said... it is an EXTREMELY short, but very useful survey. Thank you...

Thanks to all those that have filled out the survey as well...

ohall
05-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ


Oliver, you can believe whatever you wish to believe; however, I highly doubt that your opinion is correct. I hate it when people lie to me, thus I won't do it to others. In addition, if you go to ANY website (KFFL.com is a great example) they provide the demographics that I am requesting. In fact, they offer a little bit more indepth information... check it out here. (http://www.kffl.com/static/advertising/)

But like I said, if you wish to believe that I'm misleading members, then I'm sorry that you feel this way, as I am being completely honest.



Thanks Miamian, I really appreciate your help. As I said... it is an EXTREMELY short, but very useful survey. Thank you...

Thanks to all those that have filled out the survey as well...

I never said that, and I do not appreciate your implication.

I simply do not like adds on the Net, especially on a site that I like to go to. I stay away from sites that have adds all over the place. Obviously it's your site, you can do whatever you want to do to it.

Oliver...

Muck
05-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Finheaven can't run without money. And this is an opportunity to get some cash flow thru here. A.J. doesn't like to ask for money. I doubt that these ads will get in the way at all. No pop-ups or anything.

Miamian
05-13-2003, 12:37 AM
[i]Thanks Miamian, I really appreciate your help. As I said... it is an EXTREMELY short, but very useful survey. Thank you...

Thanks to all those that have filled out the survey as well... [/B] Any time.:)

WharfRat
05-13-2003, 01:22 AM
I filled it out too ... it was painless...

As for advertising... from what AJ and I have talked about, it would be no more obtrusive than the small banners we already have... mostly on the main page, but small ones, such as the one BFZ paid for last year, may appear on the message board.......... and yes, the revenue is needed in order to make the improvements we foresee.. the Premium Membership is covering a great deal of the existing expenses, however, we'd like to make it an even better experience for everyone. That takes money. Companies pay money for space on popular sites. I can pretty much assure you that FinHeaven will not turn into one of those sites with pop-ups every 5 seconds, and 15 flashing ads per page...

WeVie
05-13-2003, 01:44 AM
I am for anything that will help the cash flow for the site as long as it is not a stupid pop up ad and there will be none of those will they

Jaydog57
05-13-2003, 02:28 AM
Hmm....what's my age, what do I do, how much money do I make.....maybe this is to put up ads for booze.:rocker:

Surferosa
05-13-2003, 02:39 AM
done. good luck aj.

iceblizzard69
05-13-2003, 06:56 AM
That wasn't hard at all, it basically asked anything. I don't see what the big deal is.

MNFINFAN
05-13-2003, 09:17 AM
That was painless, hope this helps, AJ, PM me I have questions about advertising.

MarinoFan
05-13-2003, 09:21 AM
done dude, you got my info.

Migs182005
05-13-2003, 09:27 AM
This was very simple, I did it in 15 seconds. Anything to help the site gain more money to help cover the costs.

FinHeavenAJ
05-13-2003, 10:52 AM
I hate ads as well, thus there will never be any of those annoying pop-ups/unders. In addition, those annoying "In-Vue" ads will never make their way to this site. For those that don't know, "In-Vue" ads are the ads that usually just "float" across your screen, or they have some type of character walk around your screen. In addition, the ads that we will have won't be obtrusive. Furthermore, there will be very very few ads on the message board, in order to increase speed. If you look on the main page, you will see the ads that we have on the site, and it won't increase...

So, as said, this survey doesn't mean more advertisements, it simply means better, more targeted, more revenue making, advertisements.

ohall
05-13-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
I hate ads as well, thus there will never be any of those annoying pop-ups/unders. In addition, those annoying "In-Vue" ads will never make their way to this site. For those that don't know, "In-Vue" ads are the ads that usually just "float" across your screen, or they have some type of character walk around your screen. In addition, the ads that we will have won't be obtrusive. Furthermore, there will be very very few ads on the message board, in order to increase speed. If you look on the main page, you will see the ads that we have on the site, and it won't increase...

So, as said, this survey doesn't mean more advertisements, it simply means better, more targeted, more revenue making, advertisements.

Then it seems my concerns were all for nothing. I can't stand adds, especially pop-up adds. I think it would be better to have some sort of fee to view the MBoard and post on it than to ever go that route. At least I'd be willing to go that route, but never the over clogging of adds.

That was my only concern. I still don't want Big Brother knowing a damn thing about me. I'm none of their business. :D

Oliver...

IceStorm
05-13-2003, 11:34 AM
I too despise any type of FORCED advertising. Even on TV. But thats just me. Some people dont mind giving up personal information anymore cause they've gotten used to it.
I simply refuse to give out any type of information about myself that is of my person without first the company(s) stating that the information they obtain is covered under the Privacy Act of 1974 and it will not be given to a 3rd party without my written consent. Much like the NFL states about rebroadcasting their games.

But to help out, I did fill it out. However, none of the information was correct about myself. But I'm sure it is correct about someone else.

ohall
05-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by IceStorm
I too despise any type of FORCED advertising. Even on TV. But thats just me. Some people dont mind giving up personal information anymore cause they've gotten used to it.
I simply refuse to give out any type of information about myself that is of my person without first the company(s) stating that the information they obtain is covered under the Privacy Act of 1974 and it will not be given to a 3rd party without my written consent. Much like the NFL states about rebroadcasting their games.

But to help out, I did fill it out. However, none of the information was correct about myself. But I'm sure it is correct about someone else.

LOL Ice!

Oliver...

plc001
05-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by IceStorm
But to help out, I did fill it out. However, none of the information was correct about myself. But I'm sure it is correct about someone else.

Seems like paranoia, did you consider that without giving anyone a name, even if they managed to link your answers to your forum handle, what good is that information to them? They still don't have your name or address.

I guess they could try and trace the information back to your forum handle then determine your IP address, go back to your ISP and gather your personal information from them. I guess that's possible. Seems a little arrogant to think you as an individual would be worth that amount of trouble. (besides they would need assistance from this forum, which has been assured to us, they would not receive)

Now, lets assume they do go through this trouble. What are they going to do with the information? Here are some possibilites:

A) Intent to do harm - I don't think your income bracket is going to deter an assailant.

B) marketing - Great so now instead of you receiving advertisement for items that you MIGHT need, now they advertise stuff more likely you don't

C) It's all a consipiracy to control the masses. By filling out the survey you exposed yourself to subliminal messages that subdue aggression against women in the work place and direct it towards Iraq and Al-Queda

My point is, if you receive any amount of junk mail in your mail box, you have already given potentially much more harmful information away to someone, whom probably have idea who. your efforts and energy seem mis-targeted.

I'm not saying not to be cautious, I'm saying consider your precautions to insure they are sufficient and actually help in the manner you think they do. To beware that your needless paranoia doesn't get in the way of A) supporting a site you visit and post on everyday, and B) other more general details of life you would normally enjoy.

This said... just because your paranoid, does not mean that someone is not after you either... :)

DISCLAIMER: This post is not meant to cause conflict, but thought.

ohall
05-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by plc001


Seems like paranoia, did you consider that without giving anyone a name, even if they managed to link your answers to your forum handle, what good is that information to them? They still don't have your name or address.

I guess they could try and trace the information back to your forum handle then determine your IP address, go back to your ISP and gather your personal information from them. I guess that's possible. Seems a little arrogant to think you as an individual would be worth that amount of trouble. (besides they would need assistance from this forum, which has been assured to us, they would not receive)

Now, lets assume they do go through this trouble. What are they going to do with the information? Here are some possibilites:

A) Intent to do harm - I don't think your income bracket is going to deter an assailant.

B) marketing - Great so now instead of you receiving advertisement for items that you MIGHT need, now they advertise stuff more likely you don't

C) It's all a consipiracy to control the masses. By filling out the survey you exposed yourself to subliminal messages that subdue aggression against women in the work place and direct it towards Iraq and Al-Queda

My point is, if you receive any amount of junk mail in your mail box, you have already given potentially much more harmful information away to someone, whom probably have idea who. your efforts and energy seem mis-targeted.

I'm not saying not to be cautious, I'm saying consider your precautions to insure they are sufficient and actually help in the manner you think they do. To beware that your needless paranoia doesn't get in the way of A) supporting a site you visit and post on everyday, and B) other more general details of life you would normally enjoy.

This said... just because your paranoid, does not mean that someone is not after you either... :)

DISCLAIMER: This post is not meant to cause conflict, but thought.

Not true, IP's are logged and if someone wanted to get what they needed they could. Not implying AJ would do that or allow that, but it is possible.

Oliver...

Phins Phan
05-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Done. I hope it works out.


Phins Phan

t2thejz
05-13-2003, 04:36 PM
There ya go AJ, no problemo:up:

dolfan87
05-13-2003, 05:31 PM
If someone really wanted my info, they would get it. Kind of like when my house got robbed; they wanted in, they got in.

There was no name given, no address given, my IP changes everytime I log on, and I really don't care if they know I make between 30-40k a year. What are they going to do with that information?

I filled it out.

87

IceStorm
05-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Well, when you get nice and used to giving out the simple information as such then it won't be so difficult asking you for your social security number. Its just a proven fact that once you're used to something, the next step isn't as difficult.

Its not paranoia, just the fact that no one needs any of my personal information. And yes, they do use it. You say it doesnt matter, but just wait until you're welcoming them into your home and your children's SSN's.

Miamian
05-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by IceStorm
Well, when you get nice and used to giving out the simple information as such then it won't be so difficult asking you for your social security number. Its just a proven fact that once you're used to something, the next step isn't as difficult.

Its not paranoia, just the fact that no one needs any of my personal information. And yes, they do use it. You say it doesnt matter, but just wait until you're welcoming them into your home and your children's SSN's. Ice Storm, no one's twisting your arm and you don't have to succumb to peer pressure, be it real or perceived. If you don't want to reply to the survey, then don't.

Furthermore, no one expects anyone of us to be the paragon of virtue for all humankind. Everyone has his/her idiosyncricacy and is entitled to it as he/she wishes so long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's peace and happiness.

baccarat
05-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
I can pretty much assure you that FinHeaven will not turn into one of those sites with pop-ups every 5 seconds, and 15 flashing ads per page...

There's one thing everyone can agree on, pop up ads are agents of the devil. :fire: BTW, I filled it out.

Barbarian
05-14-2003, 07:57 AM
If it asked for anything personal, like my E-Mail addy, phone number, home address, SSN, or anything like that then I wouldent have done it, but dude... the info it asks is nameless faceless stuff, like your age, or how long you think you spend on Finheaven and such, most of it is the kind of stuff you can find in out by checking out a prfile or by paing attention.

minus
05-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Done..

Marino1983
05-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Done AJ.....You can count on me to help out,, if possible .... Marino1983

bigbry
05-14-2003, 06:51 PM
I did it...it didnt hurt.


BB

brofin
05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
done and done Ya'll

Steve Mo
05-16-2003, 10:32 PM
Done

sugarcane
05-17-2003, 07:55 AM
Pop up adds are easily stopped by popup stopper by panicware....it's free and it's an easy download and install.


I filled it out and I'll be expecting that free Saeu Jersey soon......thanks AJ..............:)

Sherif
05-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Submitted

Mr Fan
05-18-2003, 02:08 PM
If you guys believe these questions were intrusive perhaps you should stop by any of the big 3 credit reporting agencies and pull a full report.

Only my boxer shorts were not listed.....sigh.

Anyway you have my data. :stooges:

Taco John
05-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Oliver


I never said that, and I do not appreciate your implication.

I simply do not like adds on the Net, especially on a site that I like to go to. I stay away from sites that have adds all over the place. Obviously it's your site, you can do whatever you want to do to it.

Oliver...


If I may...




Boo F'ing Hoo...

Websites aren't free. Cut the guy a break. If you like the site, fill out the form. If you don't, then don't. Nobody is holding a gun to your head, and there's no need for you to be a jerk about it.

Sabre Ally
05-21-2003, 07:31 PM
done.

eric
05-24-2003, 06:34 PM
done...hope you get the advertisers