PDA

View Full Version : Another Chiefs fan's take on the game

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi guys, I thought I would offer my take on the game and the individual matchups:

Kansas City offense
-I think our offense can move the ball on just about any defense. We didn't show that against Pittsburgh but I don't think that is representative of what we can do. That was just a horrible game on both sides of the ball.

- As tough as you want to make your defense out to be, Larry Johnson is going to get his yards. He might ground it out for a couple of plays and then he will usually break a long one. Also, the Chiefs have fallen in love with the draw play and it has been successful. It might be 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15 and the Chiefs have been running draw plays and we have been very successful picking up the first down that way.

- The Chiefs will make good use of the play action. Usually when they have used the play action pass (they don't overuse it) they have been very successful and usually are able to get large gainst through the air (20+ yards).

- Nobody respects our wide receivers but they will burn you if you don't respect their ability. Kennison has the dropsies at times but for the most part has good hands and can make catches in traffic.

- Gonzalez is going to get his yards. Our offensive line has shown the ability to protect without leaving Gonzalez in to block. That is bad news for defenses. He has shredded defenses the last three weeks.

Kansas City defense
- Our defense has been pretty good, although they are giving up a few too many yards through the air. Our cornerbacks Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, and Lenny Walls are playing very well. The problem is usually with the safeties in the middle of the field. We might give up a pass here or there along the sidelines because that is one of the best ways to beat the cover 2. However, most of our yards are given up in the middle of the field. However, we are not giving up big plays. If teams want to score on us they have to dink and dunk there way down the field.

- Our run defense has been pretty solid. We might give up a long run here or there but for the most part we have held runningbacks in check. To my knowledge we have only allowed one 100 yard rusher and that was Willie Parker. That was a bad day for our defense and I don't think that is representative of what we can do.

- Our pass rush has been good but not as good as it can be. Jared Allen has been very solid this year with 5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. Tamba Hali has had a solid rookie season with 3.5 sacks. If Derrick Johnson is out we are going to miss his pass rush ability as he has 4.5 sacks on the season. I expect the Chiefs to get in the area of 3 sacks this game, but I would not be surprised if we had more. I think Gunther Cunningham is going to send alot of blitzes because there isn't really are not that many targets for Miami that scare us. Surtain completely shutdown Chambers last year and he can do it again, unless of course Law is the one that is matched up on him and I expect similar results. Tight Ends have not had alot of success against us this year so I do not expect a big day from McMichael.

- I would predict about 2 or 3 picks out of Joey Harrington. He simply has not made the smartest decisions this year.

- Injuries on defense hurt us last week but we have the depth to survive. Keyaron Fox is a good backup linebacker unkown to many. In fact, most Chiefs fans wish he would start over Kendrell Bell. If he has to play in Johnson's place we shouldn't have too much of a dropoff in production. Tamba Hali should be healthy and will help out the pass rush quite a bit. Greg Wesley is probably questionable but I think he will play. If not, we have great depth with rookie safeties Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard. Page has already played quite a bit this year and at times has rotated into the starting lineup at safety. He has also played as the nickleback. In the San Diego game the Chiefs gave up some catches to Antonio Gates. In the 2nd half Page was given the responsibility to cover Gates on most plays. For the most part he shut him down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the analysis I have as far as the Chiefs are concerned. I obviously think the Chiefs can and will win but I understand you will disagree with me. I would love to hear any input or opinions you have.

nick1
11-08-2006, 01:51 PM
I think the injury to your o-line guy will hurt both pass protection and run blocking. we have a good pass rush and also have a great run defense. I see your offense struggling in this one but there will be a few big plays, our defense is always giving big plays up. Gonzo is the key to your offense.

on the other side, I don't see any sacks. no disrespect to your pass rush but Harrington just doesn't sack easy due to his quick release. there will be a few INTs however, because some times instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball away he throws bad passes. Ronnie will have some success and is the key to our offense, our o-line is playing well right now

it will be a good game but I think we win because of the big momentum we have right now

nick1
11-08-2006, 01:54 PM
our DBs are playing well right now and Bell is now the starter so I see just one big play given up. Jason Allen is getting alot of playing time and he has been good

CrunchTime
11-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Welcome to FinheavenYou have some very valid points.Gonzo has been a Dolphin killer in the past and we have been succeptible to good TEs .

From my point of view I think our best chance is to pressure your QB into making mistakes .We have a myriad of disguised blitz packages and the secondary is much better now that we have a new set of safetys

IMO the fins will have to repeat the high energy performance displayed against the Bears to beat the Chiefs.

Let the best team win fairly without the help of the officials.

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 01:56 PM
I think the injury to your o-line guy will hurt both pass protection and run blocking. we have a good pass rush and also have a great run defense. I see your offense struggling in this one but there will be a few big plays, our defense is always giving big plays up. Gonzo is the key to your offense.

on the other side, I don't see any sacks. no disrespect to your pass rush but Harrington just doesn't sack easy due to his quick release. there will be a few INTs however, because some times instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball away he throws bad passes. Ronnie will have some success and is the key to our offense, our o-line is playing well right now

it will be a good game but I think we win because of the big momentum we have right now

No offense but I don't see how the Dolphins have alot of momentum. They are on a 1 game winning streak. The Chiefs are on a 3 game winning streak and have won against 5 out of there last 6.

I also don't see how you can say your OL is having some success after having one good game.

In fact, I am glad Miami won last week. If they had not won I could see some Chiefs players looking past them. After knocking off an undefeated team, I can see the Chiefs coming into this game very focused.

- We have had to deal with injuries on the OL all year. This one will not hurt that much. Our offense didn't skip a beat without Waters last week.

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Welcome to FinheavenYou have some very valid points.Gonzo has been a Dolphin killer in the past and we have been succeptible to good TEs .

From my point of view I think our best chance is to pressure your QB into making mistakes .We have a myriad of disguised blitz packages and the secondary is much better now that we have a new set of safetys

IMO the fins will have to repeat the high energy performance displayed against the Bears to beat the Chiefs.

Let the best team win fairly without the help of the officials.

True. The ability of our offensive line in recent weeks to hold up in pass protection without having to leave Tony G. in to block has been instrumental in Gonzalez having big games. Pressure us and we might have to stop sending him out on routes.

Another weapon to look out for is TE/FB Kris Wilson. He is a TE but he took over the starting FB spot after Ronnie Cruz went on IR. The guy has been great as a receiver out of the backfield and has 2 touchdowns in the last couple of weeks. He has also been very good blocking. He is a big guy and is hard to bring down.

nick1
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I just think beating an undefeated team badly at home is a big momentum maker. we think we are a very good team right now and confidence is key. Jason Taylor has been unstoppable lately do you see your o-line handling him?

tmman
11-08-2006, 02:02 PM
your O-line is not that good, and i think Huard is over rated, also don't think that much of your WR's, all in all I think the Chiefs as a hole are over rated.

Canadianfishfan
11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
is this a take on the game or just you trying to tell us we have no chance of winning. A few Bears fans had similar threads last week.

PhinsRock
11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
The Bears were pretty certain they would win too, that's why they play the games. Here's MY analysis:

Our offense will score on your defense.
Your offense won't score on our defense.
We will win the game.
Was that homerish enough for you?

Seriously good luck Sunday, may the worst team win (that would be us).

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I just think beating an undefeated team badly at home is a big momentum maker. we think we are a very good team right now and confidence is key. Jason Taylor has been unstoppable lately do you see your o-line handling him?

Who knows. Jordan Black has done very well at left tackle and really has only given up 1 or 2 sacks from that position. Leonard Little got a sack last week from the right end spot but Black was not at left tackle on that play for some reason. Black has gone up against Leonard Little, Shawne Merriman, Bertrand Berry, Joey Porter, and Julian Peterson and has done remarkably well. It will be interesting to see how he does against Taylor.

nick1
11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Who knows. Jordan Black has done very well at left tackle and really has only given up 1 or 2 sacks from that position. Leonard Little got a sack last week from the right end spot but Black was not at left tackle on that play for some reason. Black has gone up against Leonard Little, Shawne Merriman, Bertrand Berry, Joey Porter, and Julian Peterson and has done remarkably well. It will be interesting to see how he does against Taylor.
thats a key match-up, so is Gonzo and Allen, Bell, Crowder or whoever we put on him.

do you guys have trouble with speedy WRs or tall, physical WRs?

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
is this a take on the game or just you trying to tell us we have no chance of winning. A few Bears fans had similar threads last week.

If this were at Arrowhead, I would say the Dolphins have no chance at winning. Arrowhead is a much bigger homefield advantage than soldier field and we have tasted losing this season so we know not to look past any opponents. However, this is in Miami so it is a different story. I think the Chiefs will win but I don't expect it to be some easy win.

westernnyphinfa
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Any team that has a stud RB like Larry Johnson scares me, as a matter of fact, I beleive that the chiefs with LJ are probably one of the many teams that we or any NFL don't want to face.

But let's not take anything away from Ronnie, If memory serves me correctly he had without question the best run of the season last year running over your safety on route to an 80 yard TD.

Here is my Xfactor, Damon Huard 11TD's 1 INt, hmmm, i know he's learned from some of the greats (Marino, and Brady), and alot of his sucess is based on LJ, I just have one of those feelings, lets just say after this game, Herm will be answering questions about when he's going to bring Trent Back in.

Just my opinion, who scores first will be very critical.

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
your O-line is not that good, and i think Huard is over rated, also don't think that much of your WR's, all in all I think the Chiefs as a hole are over rated.

Kansas City has given up 9 fewer sacks than Miami so I don't think a Miami fan is in any position to talk about the Chiefs offensive line not being that good. We are giving up only 1 or 2 sacks a game and we are usually opening up big holes for Larry Johnson to run through.

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Any team that has a stud RB like Larry Johnson scares me, as a matter of fact, I beleive that the chiefs with LJ are probably one of the many teams that we or any NFL don't want to face.

But let's not take anything away from Ronnie, If memory serves me correctly he had without question the best run of the season last year running over your safety on route to an 80 yard TD.

Here is my Xfactor, Damon Huard 11TD's 1 INt, hmmm, i know he's learned from some of the greats (Marino, and Brady), and alot of his sucess is based on LJ, I just have one of those feelings, lets just say after this game, Herm will be answering questions about when he's going to bring Trent Back in.

Just my opinion, who scores first will be very critical.

I don't agree. We have faced better pass rushers and pass defenses this year and none of those teams have had much success stopping Huard. I don't see why the Dolphins are all of a sudden going to change that. Of course, i guess a Dolphins fan would think that.

Who knows. We will find out on Sunday.

Canadianfishfan
11-08-2006, 02:14 PM
If this were at Arrowhead, I would say the Dolphins have no chance at winning. Arrowhead is a much bigger homefield advantage than soldier field and we have tasted losing this season so we know not to look past any opponents. However, this is in Miami so it is a different story. I think the Chiefs will win but I don't expect it to be some easy win.

I respect the fact you think your team will win. But the Bears were #1 in the league in offense, defense and ST's. You may think we're still a pushover. But we're not. Miami is hardly a stadium of home adavantage as much as the weather is... But our Dline is awesome. be weary. And our offense is picking up stride... I see a game decided by a TD or less. And being a homer.. I'll say dolphins win:D

nick1
11-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Kansas City has given up 9 fewer sacks than Miami so I don't think a Miami fan is in any position to talk about the Chiefs offensive line not being that good. We are giving up only 1 or 2 sacks a game and we are usually opening up big holes for Larry Johnson to run through.
the vast majority of them was with a very indecisive Daunte at QB, half of his sacks were his fault

DoggPhin
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
No offense but I don't see how the Dolphins have alot of momentum. They are on a 1 game winning streak. The Chiefs are on a 3 game winning streak and have won against 5 out of there last 6.
This is why I love our chances - if you understand momentum - its catching the upside of a curve. Chiefs played great beating the Chargers now after 3 games they're overconfident, have forgotten about losing and the weight of gravity will apply here. Good team but sorry I think they're beatable and do not underestimate the Miami Dolphins motivation here - our guys are still very pissed about the Green Bay game, both sides of the ball - and determined to win at home. Bears game aside we feel there is still a lot of catching up to do - starting this week. That my friend is momentum... We have it, you guys had it. Home Team Underdog? Thank you!! :cooldude:

nick1
11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
I respect the fact you think your team will win. But the Bears were #1 in the league in offense, defense and ST's. You may think we're still a pushover. But we're not. Miami is hardly a stadium of home adavantage as much as the weather is... But our Dline is awesome. be weary. And our offense is picking up stride... I see a game decided by a TD or less. And being a homer.. I'll say dolphins win:D
I don't want to take anything away from our team but the Bears are drasically overrated especially on offense. you hit Grossman and he sucks just like Jason Taylor said

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
the vast majority of them was with a very indecisive Daunte at QB, half of his sacks were his fault

Yes, and almost half of our sacks were in one game against Cincinnati where we gave up like 7 sacks. After that we have not given up more than 2 sacks in a game.

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:22 PM
I don't want to take anything away from our team but the Bears are drasically overrated especially on offense. you hit Grossman and he sucks just like Jason Taylor said

I would have to agree with that. Grossman was looking like a pro bowler earlier in the year but then he had the Arizona game where if they were playing a good team it would have been a blowout. Grossman has been horrible in that game and in the Miami game.

Daytona Fin
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
i expect huard to have a bad day, he is due for one, the chiefs have beat us 2 in a row now. i predict that streak will end sunday, fins win a nail biter.

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:28 PM
i expect huard to have a bad day, he is due for one, the chiefs have beat us 2 in a row now. i predict that streak will end sunday, fins win a nail biter.

Why exactly is Huard due for a bad day? Because you want him to have one? Seriously, is there any given point in time where Peyton Manning is due for a bad day? I am not comparing Huard to Manning but it's rediculous to think that a quarterback is simply due for a bad day.

westernnyphinfa
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't agree. We have faced better pass rushers and pass defenses this year and none of those teams have had much success stopping Huard. I don't see why the Dolphins are all of a sudden going to change that. Of course, i guess a Dolphins fan would think that.

Who knows. We will find out on Sunday.

Just like as a chiefs fan you would think otherwise, its a classic strength v strength matchup, we stop the run well with our front 7.

but your also making the same mistake that the Bears did, our pass defense which by the way plays a similar style defense that NE does, is starting to get on the same page (several new faces), we don't play man, we don't bump and run, we sit back and wait for your QB to make a mistake and someone should be there to make the pick, the big difference between what happend against Chicago vs what we did against our previous opponents, Our Db's made the plays that they had not prior to that games (several easy dropped ints).

this is going to be a good game for sure, and I fully expect that our crowd will be into it, especially after last week.

As for our pass rush, be careful our old guys may have woken up, just ask our opponents last year during our streak, 2nd most sacks in the NFL in 05.

nick1
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Why exactly is Huard due for a bad day? Because you want him to have one? Seriously, is there any given point in time where Peyton Manning is due for a bad day? I am not comparing Huard to Manning but it's rediculous to think that a quarterback is simply due for a bad day.
Brady was due and he had his last week, I still don't think Huard is a starting QB but you never know. he's a good game manager like Fiedlier was for us

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Just like as a chiefs fan you would think otherwise, its a classic strength v strength matchup, we stop the run well with our front 7.

but your also making the same mistake that the Bears did, our pass defense which by the way plays a similar style defense that NE does, is starting to get on the same page (several new faces), we don't play man, we don't bump and run, we sit back and wait for your QB to make a mistake and someone should be there to make the pick, the big difference between what happend against Chicago vs what we did against our previous opponents, Our Db's made the plays that they had not prior to that games (several easy dropped ints).

this is going to be a good game for sure, and I fully expect that our crowd will be into it, especially after last week.

As for our pass rush, be careful our old guys may have woken up, just ask our opponents last year during our streak, 2nd most sacks in the NFL in 05.

Huard doesn't make stupid throws like Grossman does. Grossman has had 4, 3, and 2 interception games. Huard has 1 all season, and it's not like we play a completely conservative offense where Huard hardly ever throws. Huard just had a 300+ yard game two weeks ago and usually throws the deep ball a couple of times a game. Turnovers will not be so easy against us.

nick1
11-08-2006, 02:36 PM
check this out, over the last five games Jason Taylor has 7 sacks, 1 INT (for a TD), and 5 FFs

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Brady was due and he had his last week, I still don't think Huard is a starting QB but you never know. he's a good game manager like Fiedlier was for us

Good game managers don't have the 2nd highest quarterback rating in the NFL. Good game managers don't have 300 yard passing games or 3 touchdown passing games. Huard is more than a game manager. If he were simply a game manager there would not be a quarterback controversy. Instead, just this week Herman Edwards is finally considering leaving Huard as the starter even when Green is healthy.

Daytona Fin
11-08-2006, 02:39 PM
just my opinion buddy.

BlueFin
11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi guys, I thought I would offer my take on the game and the individual matchups:

Kansas City offense
-I think our offense can move the ball on just about any defense. We didn't show that against Pittsburgh but I don't think that is representative of what we can do. That was just a horrible game on both sides of the ball.

- As tough as you want to make your defense out to be, Larry Johnson is going to get his yards. He might ground it out for a couple of plays and then he will usually break a long one. Also, the Chiefs have fallen in love with the draw play and it has been successful. It might be 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 15 and the Chiefs have been running draw plays and we have been very successful picking up the first down that way.

- The Chiefs will make good use of the play action. Usually when they have used the play action pass (they don't overuse it) they have been very successful and usually are able to get large gainst through the air (20+ yards).

- Nobody respects our wide receivers but they will burn you if you don't respect their ability. Kennison has the dropsies at times but for the most part has good hands and can make catches in traffic.

- Gonzalez is going to get his yards. Our offensive line has shown the ability to protect without leaving Gonzalez in to block. That is bad news for defenses. He has shredded defenses the last three weeks.

Kansas City defense
- Our defense has been pretty good, although they are giving up a few too many yards through the air. Our cornerbacks Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, and Lenny Walls are playing very well. The problem is usually with the safeties in the middle of the field. We might give up a pass here or there along the sidelines because that is one of the best ways to beat the cover 2. However, most of our yards are given up in the middle of the field. However, we are not giving up big plays. If teams want to score on us they have to dink and dunk there way down the field.

- Our run defense has been pretty solid. We might give up a long run here or there but for the most part we have held runningbacks in check. To my knowledge we have only allowed one 100 yard rusher and that was Willie Parker. That was a bad day for our defense and I don't think that is representative of what we can do.

- Our pass rush has been good but not as good as it can be. Jared Allen has been very solid this year with 5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. Tamba Hali has had a solid rookie season with 3.5 sacks. If Derrick Johnson is out we are going to miss his pass rush ability as he has 4.5 sacks on the season. I expect the Chiefs to get in the area of 3 sacks this game, but I would not be surprised if we had more. I think Gunther Cunningham is going to send alot of blitzes because there isn't really are not that many targets for Miami that scare us. Surtain completely shutdown Chambers last year and he can do it again, unless of course Law is the one that is matched up on him and I expect similar results. Tight Ends have not had alot of success against us this year so I do not expect a big day from McMichael.

- I would predict about 2 or 3 picks out of Joey Harrington. He simply has not made the smartest decisions this year.

- Injuries on defense hurt us last week but we have the depth to survive. Keyaron Fox is a good backup linebacker unkown to many. In fact, most Chiefs fans wish he would start over Kendrell Bell. If he has to play in Johnson's place we shouldn't have too much of a dropoff in production. Tamba Hali should be healthy and will help out the pass rush quite a bit. Greg Wesley is probably questionable but I think he will play. If not, we have great depth with rookie safeties Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard. Page has already played quite a bit this year and at times has rotated into the starting lineup at safety. He has also played as the nickleback. In the San Diego game the Chiefs gave up some catches to Antonio Gates. In the 2nd half Page was given the responsibility to cover Gates on most plays. For the most part he shut him down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the analysis I have as far as the Chiefs are concerned. I obviously think the Chiefs can and will win but I understand you will disagree with me. I would love to hear any input or opinions you have.

Unfortunately, you are catching us at the wrong time my friend, you can throw out what happened before last week as this team has found itself.

Larry Johnson will be basically shut down, he might have one or two good runs but he won't eclipse 50 yards.

Ronnie Brown will have another great day with something over 100 yards.

Damon Huard will be harrassed and sacked all day and the real Damon we knew and loved in Miami will re-appear, Cinderella will wake up.

This has the makings of a Dolphin romp..........Miami 27 KC 10

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:41 PM
check this out, over the last five games Jason Taylor has 7 sacks, 1 INT (for a TD), and 5 FFs

And what exactly does that mean?

Check this out, over the last 3 games Tony Gonzalez has 17 catches for 317 yards and 2 touchdowns. I guess that means he is going to rip your secondary apart, huh?

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately, you are catching us at the wrong time my friend, you can throw out what happened before last week as this team has found itself.

Larry Johnson will be basically shut down, he might have one or two good runs but he won't eclipse 50 yards.

Ronnie Brown will have another great day with something over 100 yards.

Damon Huard will be harrassed and sacked all day and the real Damon we knew and loved in Miami will re-appear, Cinderella will wake up.

This has the makings of a Dolphin romp..........Miami 27 KC 10

Please.

We traveled and played on the same day last year and still man-handled the fins. Why should we expect a different outcome this year?

Chiefs 28
Dolphins 14

Javadidly
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM

Over the last 4 games the Dolphins have allowed 5 sacks and the Chiefs have allowed 6. Not bad by either team by any means.

nick1
11-08-2006, 02:48 PM

Check this out, over the last 3 games Tony Gonzalez has 17 catches for 317 yards and 2 touchdowns. I guess that means he is going to rip your secondary apart, huh?
I was just showing that he has been dominate lately, it will be a good game but you shouldn't expect to win as an away team with several injuries who is currently on a long road trip against a team who's out for blood

nick1
11-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I'd like to add that Huard has yet to play a full season in his career as a starter so until he plays a full season with good stats he is still unproven. just like Grossman

adamprez2003
11-08-2006, 02:55 PM
The Chiefs are a tough matchup for us anyway you slice it. They're neck and neck in the toughest division in football the AFC WEST. For us to win, we'll need another effort like we saw against the Bears. We have the talent to play with them. Our blitz packages are going to be key. If we can get a couple of free shots on Huard we'll get into his head. Our secondary should contain the receivers but its not going to be a cakewalk. Gonzalez will get his catches but we need to prevent the big gainers. I think this will be the toughest running team we've faced so I'm not expecting us to shut down LJ but to contain him. For me, defensive success will be about red zone scoring. KC will end up in the redzone a few times this game but if we can hold them to fieldgoals instead of touchdowns I think we win.

Offensively, it'll be another tough run defense we face but one that is limping a little going in. If our oline shows up (and I really think everything is starting to jell) they should be able to spring Ronnie for some nice runs. I really hope Saban and Mularkey give the ball to Ronnie at least 25 times this game. McMichael might have a good game here. If we can make the plays against the safeties we could have a good day passing. This would be a very good game for Harrington to finally have an interception free day. Its about time Joey to step up. All in all we'll see if we're one week wonders or if the worm has turned

Olbruck
11-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Looks like Kansas City is overrated to me..Look at the teams you beat. For the exception of The San Diego game ( whihc you got lucky).You guys beat teams that have not so good Defenses.

Kansas City against good Defenese's = Them losing....Miami Defense Ranked 4th overall

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/KC

:boohoo:

feelthepain
11-08-2006, 03:05 PM

Wow really?? So they are just giving rankings away like there free??? Until Sunday Grosman hadn't thrown an int in 4 home games and had 11 TD's, does that sound overrated to you?? I don't care who you play week to week, to win 7 in a row you are not overrated. There D is legit and so is there ST. It's not like Chicago stunk the last 6 years and just had a fluke run to start this season, they have gotten to where they are the hard way, slow and methodical over the last three years. Miami has a top 4 D , why would you take that away from them?? It's not like we won ugly, we won because we wanted it it more and we had something to prove. Remember we were one of the teams chosen to make some noise this year for a reason.

PassRush
11-08-2006, 03:06 PM
I am really looking forward to this game. I think that if our defense plays like they did on sunday, we may be able to keep your offense in check, though that is no easy task for any defense in the league. LJ will get his yards but our front seven will make him work for those yards. As far as the Dolphins offense goes, it is all about Ronnie Brown. If he can bust off another hundred yard game and controll the clock, we definatly have a chance. What it all comes down to though is turnovers. I like the Wes Welker/Lenny Walls match up in the passing game alot more than I like the idea of Surtain on Chambers or Law on Booker. If we can run the ball and keep your offense of the field we have a great chance to beat you but this will be a tough, tough game.

NorFlaFin
11-08-2006, 03:10 PM

I totally agree, I wish my Phins have more depth. The Bear game has a way of sapping energy from a team.

:happydrin To KC's QB throwing some inceptions....

PhinsRock
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Huard doesn't make stupid throws like Grossman does. Grossman has had 4, 3, and 2 interception games. Huard has 1 all season, and it's not like we play a completely conservative offense where Huard hardly ever throws. Huard just had a 300+ yard game two weeks ago and usually throws the deep ball a couple of times a game. Turnovers will not be so easy against us.

Before they played us, the Bears/Grossman had ZERO INT's this season! At least that's what they showed on the TV last sunday during the game.

nick1
11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
some of you need to chill out, he is just here for a friendly discusion about the game. sure he predicted his team would win but so would Raider fans or any other fan

PhinFan0202
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Straight up all hommersim aside this could be a great game on Sunday. They have a good team and we have a good team(even though we didn't really show it until last week).

CrunchTime
11-08-2006, 03:29 PM
The smack posts have been deleted.Anymore will take this thread to the depths and give you points.

kmartin575
11-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Before they played us, the Bears/Grossman had ZERO INT's this season! At least that's what they showed on the TV last sunday during the game.

Well, I am actually an intelligent NFL fan and can look up stats. Rex Grossman threw 4 interceptions against Arizona and has had an interception in most games this year.

trate121hb
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
its gonna be a tough game for us but i think we will win beacause of our confidence

Breed
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Our lousy pass defense has given up 5.88 yards per attempt (7th best in the NFL), we're giving up 3.37 yards per rushing attempt. If we come out of the gates passing, we will lose.....if we give it to ronnie 25-30 times we will likely win.

ItsOurTime32
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsRock

Well, I am actually an intelligent NFL fan and can look up stats. Rex Grossman threw 4 interceptions against Arizona and has had an interception in most games this year.

at home rex had 0 ints

Dolfan984
11-08-2006, 03:59 PM
If Miami is truly rejuvinated like last year, the Chiefs are in big trouble.

If not, I see the Chiefs winning by 7-10.

I always though Huard took a lot of sacks when he was with Miami. I guess we'll see.

Is Kyle Turley still your guys LT? If so, you better get someone to double Taylor all day.

Iceband
11-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Miami will crush the Chiefs...Just Watch

Avigatorx
11-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Wow, I hope the Chiefs come into JRS as confident as the OP.

Sounds like you guys should walk all over us huh?

Guys, lets make good ole JRS the loudest place on the planet sunday, y'all with me?!

BlueFin
11-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Please.

We traveled and played on the same day last year and still man-handled the fins. Why should we expect a different outcome this year?

Chiefs 28
Dolphins 14

Because champ, last year you caught us at the right time, this time your catching a Sleeping Dolphin that has awoken, with the leagues 4th ranked defense(much better than yours), and an offense just about as highly ranked as yours that has also started to come to life.

This game will be sound frumping of the Chiefs by the Dolphins and Cinderella (who we know very well), will not find his slipper.

Sorry Forrest....its your destiny.

finfan54
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
First off, what has occured to the dolphins in games past to me, is irrelevant. It is irrelevant because the Oline is playing much better. That to me has been our biggest problem.

I do not see huge turnovers in this game like the Bears game. That will not be to our advantage. Jason Taylor makes a huge play every week however.

Ronnie Brown will get yards against this defense. Mularky needs to run ronnie often and in the hot sun bigtime. The KC defense is going to break down at some point. Why not now?

Our problem will be stopping Gonzalez. Gonzalez always kills us. Our defense is playing much tighter and is going for the ball better because they understand their roles better. Jason Allen is looking good. Andre Goodman looking good. Will Allen is slipping just a bit but can put together a good game.

We simply cannot beat ourselves and we need good playcalling here. Joey had chances to hit CC and Booker long but just is not getting it. However, the plays are there. Joey just needs to get the ball there and be less cautious on plays where we are trying to strike big. Go for it!! Let it fly!

If Gonazalez is manhandling us again, and our offense becomes stagnant. We lose. If Ronnie Brown is running the ball with authority and we hold Gonzalez to 50 yards receiving and no TD's, we win.

BlueFin
11-08-2006, 04:28 PM
First off, what has occured to the dolphins in games past to me, is irrelevant. It is irrelevant because the Oline is playing much better. That to me has been our biggest problem.

I do not see huge turnovers in this game like the Bears game. That will not be to our advantage. Jason Taylor makes a huge play every week however.

Ronnie Brown will get yards against this defense. Mularky needs to run ronnie often and in the hot sun bigtime. The KC defense is going to break down at some point. Why not now?

Our problem will be stopping Gonzalez. Gonzalez always kills us. Our defense is playing much tighter and is going for the ball better because they understand their roles better. Jason Allen is looking good. Andre Goodman looking good. Will Allen is slipping just a bit but can put together a good game.

We simply cannot beat ourselves and we need good playcalling here. Joey had chances to hit CC and Booker long but just is not getting it. However, the plays are there. Joey just needs to get the ball there and be less cautious on plays where we are trying to strike big. Go for it!! Let it fly!

If Gonazalez is manhandling us again, and our offense becomes stagnant. We lose. If Ronnie Brown is running the ball with authority and we hold Gonzalez to 50 yards receiving and no TD's, we win.

I don't see Gonzalez as the key, I think if we shut down Johnson they are toast, and I see us shutting him down.

rvicious
11-08-2006, 04:37 PM

Responses like this one, make you sound like a complete idiot, you were doing fine until you got to this answer. The guy is just stating that JT is on a good streak right now and playing pretty well, and you have to answer "what does that mean? :confused: " Well let me see, hmmmmmmmmm, oh yeah you wrote about three hundred paragraphs stating how the chiefs are playing better and how they have improved here and there, and how the defense is playing better becuyase of this and becuase of that, and how Gonzo has 1 milliom TD's and how he is doing this and that and how the OL is not giving up sacjs maybe one or two per game, how thay are opening holes and coming toghter. DO YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE IDIOT!!:mad: :mad:
So as long as you are talking about all the good things the Chiefs are doing is valid and has meaning, right MORON. But if somebody say JT has been playing well he is an idiot.

How stupid can you be, dont critize the same things you are doing. What is it with you? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Mike13
11-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Well, I don't think we can win this one, it will be a close hard fought game.
The weather has been cooling down as of late, yes it cools down in Miami but So.Fla weather is pretty trippy so who knows how it will be on Sunday.

I think they should focus on stopping LJ and Tony G.
On Offense they just pound them with Ronnie, KC's run defense is good but so was Chicagos' He can wear them down. That would open up the pass.

hellsapoppin
11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Before they played us, the Bears/Grossman had ZERO INT's this season! At least that's what they showed on the TV last sunday during the game. That was zero interceptions at HOME....

EBMisfit
11-13-2006, 01:54 PM

Kansas City offense

Kansas City defense

- Injuries on defense hurt us last week but we have the depth to survive. Keyaron Fox is a good backup linebacker unkown to many. In fact, most Chiefs fans wish he would start over Kendrell Bell. If he has to play in Johnson's place we shouldn't have too much of a dropoff in production. Tamba Hali should be healthy and will help out the pass rush quite a bit. Greg Wesley is probably questionable but I think he will play. If not, we have great depth with rookie safeties Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard. Page has already played quite a bit this year and at times has rotated into the starting lineup at safety. He has also played as the nickleback. In the San Diego game the Chiefs gave up some catches to Antonio Gates. In the 2nd half Page was given the responsibility to cover Gates on most plays. For the most part he shut him down.Thanks for pointing out to us how unbeatable the Chiefs are(were), otherwise I would have been hugely dissappointed when the Dolphins lost yesterday.

nick1
11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
the Chiefs were exposed, mainly Huard. he looks off his WRs, thats why we were able to break up so many passes. The perfect example is the screen play where JT almost INTed the ball in the end zone

BleedinGreenNC
11-13-2006, 02:07 PM
How did that game work for you Chiefs fans?? LOL!!! You can keep Herm's ***!!

nick1
11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
he has definitely decreased the production of that offense, they have too much potential not to be scoring more

DolfanTom
11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
How did that game work for you Chiefs fans?? LOL!!! You can keep Herm's ***!!Herm is a great motivator, but his X's and O's are high school quality. He'd make a great assistant coach, but anything higher is a bit above his skill set.

BleedinGreenNC
11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Herm is a great motivator, but his X's and O's are high school quality. He'd make a great assistant coach, but anything higher is a bit above his skill set.

This is true, im just glad to have him out of NY!!

adamprez2003
11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
The Chiefs are a tough matchup for us anyway you slice it. They're neck and neck in the toughest division in football the AFC WEST. For us to win, we'll need another effort like we saw against the Bears. We have the talent to play with them. Our blitz packages are going to be key. If we can get a couple of free shots on Huard we'll get into his head. Our secondary should contain the receivers but its not going to be a cakewalk. Gonzalez will get his catches but we need to prevent the big gainers. I think this will be the toughest running team we've faced so I'm not expecting us to shut down LJ but to contain him. For me, defensive success will be about red zone scoring. KC will end up in the redzone a few times this game but if we can hold them to fieldgoals instead of touchdowns I think we win.

Offensively, it'll be another tough run defense we face but one that is limping a little going in. If our oline shows up (and I really think everything is starting to jell) they should be able to spring Ronnie for some nice runs. I really hope Saban and Mularkey give the ball to Ronnie at least 25 times this game. McMichael might have a good game here. If we can make the plays against the safeties we could have a good day passing. This would be a very good game for Harrington to finally have an interception free day. Its about time Joey to step up. All in all we'll see if we're one week wonders or if the worm has turned

Not a bad description huh?

muscle979
11-13-2006, 06:41 PM

That's not the same blonde in your avatar from before is it? You're on a roll :lol: .