PDA

View Full Version : FinHeaven and XMas for the Soldiers

NewEra8
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I was running this idea by a few of the Admins on the site and they suggested seeing what everybody on the forums thought of it.

The past two years my friends and I have all thrown money together to purchase gifts and presents for soldiers over in Iraq (Portable DVD players, CDs, cameras, ect) I thought this might be a great idea for something for Finheaven.com to do.

I haven't thought through all of the kinks yet, like how it would work (I was thinking that people could donate through paypal to FinHeaven) But would any other people out there be open to this idea?

The Rev
11-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Count me in. It's the least we can do.
Good job out of you for wanting to organize this effort. :wink:

Buddwalk
11-08-2006, 04:23 PM
count me in as well :wink: :wink: :wink:

NewEra8
11-08-2006, 11:48 PM
I'll just bump this from time to time and see if we can get a few more interested people...

NewEra8
11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
So far we have 4 people from FinHeaven interested in helping out with this project: Reverend Fin, Buddwalk, dlockz, and unluckyluciano... aswell as a few from other AFCEast boards...

If I missed your name amoung the topics, let me know... I'll send out PMs and such on ideas how we can get this done this weekend. So I guess the "cut off date" would be Friday (Just have to get this going to get everything shipped off in time)

T-ROCK
11-09-2006, 07:51 PM
I was running this idea by a few of the Admins on the site and they suggested seeing what everybody on the forums thought of it.

The past two years my friends and I have all thrown money together to purchase gifts and presents for soldiers over in Iraq (Portable DVD players, CDs, cameras, ect) I thought this might be a great idea for something for Finheaven.com to do.

I haven't thought through all of the kinks yet, like how it would work (I was thinking that people could donate through paypal to FinHeaven) But would any other people out there be open to this idea?

As I said on Phinfever when you posted there I wish this would have been brought to us through the Finheaven Admin... Did you consider doing a donation to the USO as I said there???

NewEra8
11-09-2006, 09:04 PM
As I said on Phinfever when you posted there I wish this would have been brought to us through the Finheaven Admin... Did you consider doing a donation to the USO as I said there???

How does it work exactly? Isn't it only like a money donation? I would think that they would appreciate getting gifts personally bought from us along with cards and such to know that people back home haven't forgotten about em personallly...

T-ROCK
11-09-2006, 11:11 PM
How does it work exactly? Isn't it only like a money donation? I would think that they would appreciate getting gifts personally bought from us along with cards and such to know that people back home haven't forgotten about em personallly...

I can look for the ones I saw last year... You could send DVDs, CDs, MP3 players, all kinds of stuff, and it went directly to our troops in Iraq...

Roman529
11-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Great idea. I was at a restaurant with a buddy a few months back and saw a couple young army guys from Ft Carson there....we paid their bill for them. I think nothing feels better than helping out others...especially those who are defending this country. Great idea!!! I know many of these guys and their families don't have it too good for the Holidays.

Jaydog57
11-10-2006, 12:39 AM

I haven't thought through all of the kinks yet, like how it would work (I was thinking that people could donate through paypal to FinHeaven) But would any other people out there be open to this idea? Count me out, we shouldn't be over there. (shouldn't this be in the political forum?)

GreenMachine
11-10-2006, 12:47 AM

Thanks for sharing the idea at TGG.

NewEra8
11-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Count me out, we shouldn't be over there. (shouldn't this be in the political forum?)

What a ******** response :fire: I'll leave my comments at that...

Jaydog57
11-10-2006, 03:02 AM
What a ******** response :fire: I'll leave my comments at that...Yeah, whatever man, believe all the bull**** propaganda you want, we don't have to be there. You want to endorse the Bush fund go ahead, I still have family paying for the LBJ fund from Vietnam. :fire:

NewEra8
11-10-2006, 05:23 AM
Yeah, whatever man, believe all the bull**** propaganda you want, we don't have to be there. You want to endorse the Bush fund go ahead, I still have family paying for the LBJ fund from Vietnam. :fire:

What does that have to do with supporting the troops and trying to make life easier and better for them?

Jaydog57
11-10-2006, 11:28 AM
What does that have to do with supporting the troops and trying to make life easier and better for them?You're right, I can respect your wishes in making life better for the troops, sometimes that stuff just gets on my nerves about the war over there. Good luck in your efforts :peace:

GreenMachine
11-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah, whatever man, believe all the bull**** propaganda you want, we don't have to be there. You want to endorse the Bush fund go ahead, I still have family paying for the LBJ fund from Vietnam. :fire:
I do not support the war. However I fully support our troops. I have 2 brothers in the AF and I pray they come home safe.

And here you want to spout your hippie BS hatred towards the soldiers, and YOU DEFAME THE MEN OF IWO JIMA with your avatar. Warn me, suspend me, ban me...But you're mom should have swallowed you.

NewEra8
11-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Last chance if anybody wants to help out...

As for everybody involved already, I will send out PMs later today... Thanks!